PDA

View Full Version : K-1

Leon
09-15-2005, 11:23 AM
Sam started his PRIDE/MMA thread, so I thought let me start this one.
Very exciting fight for me on the horizon. On the 23d of this month there will be the World GP in Japan.
This will be my cousin's first K-1 grand prix!
Semmy Schilt's no new-be in the martial arts biz; his titles include 3 X King of Pancrase, 2 X daidojuko.
From his 10 K-1 fights so far, he lost only once (to Alexei Ignashov) and had 1 draw against Hoost (who was K-1 champ later that same year!)
Picture below shows who he's up against.
By the way, there will be 4 dutchmen in this K-1 GP! Small country, but big fighters! (Schilt, Hoost, Aerts, Bonjasky)
I will post a compilation of some of his fights tonight

Sam Wilson
09-15-2005, 11:33 AM
huh, it would be interesting to see sapp fight Hoost again, only if to see hoost beat him to a bloody pulp.

Anyway, Go SEMMY! He did pretty good in pride as well, advancing to the second round in the 2004 Heavyweight GP. :buttrock:

Sam Wilson
09-15-2005, 11:34 AM
wow, leon, isn't gary goodrich close to 50? Damn...

Leon
09-15-2005, 12:19 PM
yeah, the avarage age is pretty high, but they're still good.
Kaoklai & Remy are probably the youngest.

Leon
09-15-2005, 01:04 PM
here's a 'little' compilation I made from the fights available to me, all about Semmy. The file is 130MB.
http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0DCI28RBBP38R3EA2YTXVUNDZ7

bane
09-15-2005, 02:41 PM
Great fights scheduled, that Globe Feitosa is no easy opponent for Sem , but I think the odds are more for your cousin to win, he has more strenght and distance, Feitosa is good in his legwork.
Aerts is also one of my favorites and I would love to see Hoost beat that awful Bob Sapp.

Sam Wilson
09-15-2005, 02:42 PM
here's a 'little' compilation I made from the fights available to me, all about Semmy. The file is 130MB.
http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0DCI28RBBP38R3EA2YTXVUNDZ7

good vid leon. Man, semmy really gets those knees in there, with his height they are quite a weapon for him. He also did much better against Fedor than Nogeria ever did I would say, he beat the PISS out of nogeria, w/little resistance, at least Semmy gave Fedor a good fight...

Ish
09-15-2005, 03:05 PM
so sam you realy do wresle huh?

Sam Wilson
09-15-2005, 03:34 PM
so sam you realy do wresle huh?

I'm 2-1-1 in San Shou. It's like muay thai, but with throwing, no groundfighting. Gonna start training next year for an MMA fight, maybe...

Leon
09-15-2005, 03:37 PM
I'm 2-1-1 in San Shou. It's like muay thai, but with throwing, no groundfighting. Gonna start training next year for an MMA fight, maybe...
heyheyhey, that's some interesting info man :thumbs2:
So you would like to get your butt kicked by Mirko, huh?

Leon
09-15-2005, 03:41 PM
and I would love to see Hoost beat that awful Bob Sapp.
yes, Sapp is just a joke and Hoost should be ashamed to have lost to him TWICE!
Come on Ernesto, kick his arse.

Hey Sam, have you ever seen Sapp vs CroCop? Could post it if you like. (your man wins, so no sweat :D )

Sam Wilson
09-15-2005, 03:49 PM
heyheyhey, that's some interesting info man :thumbs2:
So you would like to get your butt kicked by Mirko, huh?

Heh, no way man! Even Fedor walked away with that swollen eye and bruised ribs. Cro Cop would kill me, and pretty does kill everyone else. I'd be okay getting submitted by nogeria though, at least one can walk away from that... :)

Hey, but maybe I'll make it to Holland someday to train muay thai, the best in the world go there... :thumbs2:

Sam Wilson
09-15-2005, 03:50 PM
yes, Sapp is just a joke and Hoost should be ashamed to have lost to him TWICE!
Come on Ernesto, kick his arse.

Hey Sam, have you ever seen Sapp vs CroCop? Could post it if you like. (your man wins, so no sweat :D )

man, that is mY favorite. I know as a big american I should love sapp, but i HATE him, and he is an insult to the sport. Mirko making his big a$# sit down and cry is one of the BEST things EVER. It was that fight that made me Mirko's #1 fan. :buttrock:

You should post it for some of these other cats to see though...

Sam Wilson
09-15-2005, 03:56 PM
question for you dutch guys,

Is Pride or K-1 more popular? I take it there are a lot of kickboxing/mma gyms there? I figure with Hoost, Semmy, etc, k-1 is probably where it is at for you cats... (even though allistar did do pretty well in this year's middlweigt GP)

Leon
09-15-2005, 04:20 PM
Mirko "CroCop" Filipovic vs Bob "The Beast" Sapp
http://s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1YWTLVA7BNFAA3JRZ0CTWRG9NV
File is about 20 MB.

Leon
09-15-2005, 04:24 PM
question for you dutch guys,

Is Pride or K-1 more popular? I take it there are a lot of kickboxing/mma gyms there? I figure with Hoost, Semmy, etc, k-1 is probably where it is at for you cats... (even though allistar did do pretty well in this year's middlweigt GP)
To be honest neither k-1 nor Pride is very popular here in holland. The only sports the 'masses' watch is soccer/tennis/darts and maybe a few others.
But the sports-channel here in holland (eurosport) only broadcast K-1, so maybe that says something.

Sam Wilson
09-15-2005, 08:57 PM
Ugh, I just read at Sherdog.com that Hoost is out of the K-1 tournament because of a persistant injury. Booo. :(. I guess we'll have to see him get his revenge on Bob Sapp some other time...

Leon
09-16-2005, 02:33 AM
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: too bad, have to wait for another time

bane
09-16-2005, 07:31 AM
Ugh, I just read at Sherdog.com that Hoost is out of the K-1 tournament because of a persistant injury. Booo. :(. I guess we'll have to see him get his revenge on Bob Sapp some other time...

Bummer , I hope he doesn't wait too long he's not one of the youngest fighters around.
Leon do you train in a gym in holland yourself?

Leon
09-19-2005, 11:46 AM
Leon do you train in a gym in holland yourself?
:tounge: no, man, I don't train at all :) But if I would, it would be in holland.
In all honesty, I'm not very athletic/phisical. I leave that to my cousin Sem.
But I'm a whiz at the computer :p

Leon
09-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Hey Bane, I have an interview with your favourite k-1 fighter LeBanner:
http://www.ironlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62645
enjoy

bane
09-21-2005, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the link , He'll never fight Hoost or Aerts again ??? what's that all about ??

Leon
09-22-2005, 08:32 AM
I think because he sees them more as friends than as opponents, and thus has more trouble fighting them.

Sam Wilson
09-22-2005, 08:58 AM
I think because he sees them more as friends than as opponents, and thus has more trouble fighting them.

Yeah, fedor is gonna have that problem soon too. There is no heavyweight left for him to fight except for sergei and his brother.

bane
09-22-2005, 10:47 AM

If he wants to get to the final of the GP in Tokyo Dome chances are big he'll face one of them , but it has been a while since a saw a showdown like that.

for example

Hoost-Aerts
Lebanner-Aerts
Lebanner-Hoost

Now we've got Bonjasky to add to the list but he fought Hoost last year and the outcome of that fight was questionable even with a fourth round.

Leon
09-22-2005, 01:38 PM
we'll see what tomorrow will bring, I'm pretty psyched over it all! Hope my cousin does well.

Sam Wilson
09-22-2005, 02:30 PM
we'll see what tomorrow will bring, I'm pretty psyched over it all! Hope my cousin does well.

Semmy will win, first round, knock out via vicsous knee strike. :buttrock:

Leon
09-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Semmy will win, first round, knock out via vicsous knee strike. :buttrock:
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Leon
09-22-2005, 03:33 PM
I got this of another forum:

Although he was forced to withdraw from the tournament, Ernesto Hoost of the Netherlands made the trip to Osaka to deliver a message to his fans:

"I have had an injury to my left leg fibula head bone for almost 2 years now, and it's not getting better," said the somber four-time WGP Champion. "When I was kicking in training it gave me pain, so my choices were either to fight in a bad condition, or to not fight at all. I decided on the second. My goal was to become a five-time WGP Champion but I must be realistic. I'm not getting any younger or stronger, and so I've made the decision not to compete in tournaments anymore. I have not planned my retirement fight yet, because I think I could still do Superfights, but not before the end of this year at the earliest."

bane
09-22-2005, 04:05 PM
Hoost isn't getting younger but he still has the talent and expierience do win from great fighters.

And I also think your cousin will win ,he is a strong and well known fighter, with his length he can keep a distance and still be powerfull.

Leon
09-23-2005, 09:31 AM
K-1 WORLD GP in Osaka ELIMINATIONS RESULTS

-Opening fight: Pitchkounov defeats Berbachi by Decision

TOURNAMENT

-Ray Sefo defeats Kaoklai Kaennorsing by Decision

-Ruslan Karaev defeats Rickard Nordstrand by Decision

-Semmy Schilt defeats Glaube Feitosa by Decision

-Jerome Le Banner defeats Gary GoodRidge by KO ROUND1!!

-Peter Aerts defeats "Mighty Mo" Siligia by KO ROUND2!

-Musashi defeats Francois "The White Buffalo" Botha by Decision

-Hong-Man Choi defeats Bob Sapp by Decision

SUPERFIGHTS

-George "The Iron Lion" defeats Nobuaki Kakuda by Decision

-Remy Bonjasky defeats Alexey Ignashov by Decision after extra round

from the tournament the 7 who won, were all my personal favourites to win those fights! And Sapp loses to freakshow Hong-Man Choi!
Only too bad Ignashov lost the superfight :mad:

Sam Wilson
09-23-2005, 09:39 AM
Cool. Thanks leon. Congrats to Semmy for his win :), and wohoo for Sapp for loosing, and bummer that Goodridge is out. He's done so well lately too...

Leon
09-23-2005, 09:39 AM
next round:

leks
09-23-2005, 11:37 AM
Cool leon, great results too, congrats to your cousin :buttrock:

bane
09-23-2005, 12:41 PM
Thanks for posting , indeed great results my facorites also, a pitty for Ignashov but I like Bonjasky too , I hope the result of that fight is fair because K-1 board members have favorites too.
Bonjasky won from Hoost last year but the outcome was questionable ,could be the same here.
I'll try to find something out from guys who have seen the fights.

Leon
09-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Congrats to Semmy for his win
Cool leon, great results too, congrats to your cousin
thanks guys, I was pretty nervous today, couldn't wait to get home and see the results.
Oh and Bane ( :eplus2: ) I think Semmy will fight Jerome LeBanner in the next round :buttrock: (actually he was supposed to fight him today, but things got mixed up)

If I finds some fights I'll post them here via a yousendit link

bane
09-23-2005, 03:27 PM
thanks guys, I was pretty nervous today, couldn't wait to get home and see the results.
Oh and Bane ( :eplus2: ) I think Semmy will fight Jerome LeBanner in the next round :buttrock: (actually he was supposed to fight him today, but things got mixed up)

If I finds some fights I'll post them here via a yousendit link

Now that's one hell of a fight, Jerome has an evil punch and dangerous high kick ,but he also has/had a weak jaw and that might just be in your cousins advantage , so far no predictions but like I said that's a great fight and will draw a lot of attention.

Leon
09-24-2005, 03:12 AM
Hey Bane, lets not fool anyone, Jerome is the better fighter and if he wins he deserves it, fair enough. But if Sem wins.... :D
by the way, here is the first fight of yesterdays GP, Sapp vs Choi:
http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2I3YNME6WHASU0PDSL6S40WKGL
little bit boring

bane
09-25-2005, 06:28 AM
Hey Bane, lets not fool anyone, Jerome is the better fighter and if he wins he deserves it, fair enough. But if Sem wins.... :D
by the way, here is the first fight of yesterdays GP, Sapp vs Choi:
http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2I3YNME6WHASU0PDSL6S40WKGL
little bit boring

Don't be too hasty with your decision, your cousin fought Hoost remember, the fight against ignashov ended quick with a K.O. but that happans all the time in heavyweight fighting.
I wouldn't bet money on this fight ,Lebanner is a guy that wins by K.O. or goes down by K.O. he's proven that lots of times.

Leon
09-25-2005, 04:18 PM
yeah, he's got a lot of trouble with his 'glass-jaw' as they say. But I think I would give Jerome the benefit of the doubt.
Anyway, specially for you Bane, here's the Jerome vs Goodridge fight from last friday (+100 MB).
http://s64.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3JID7GYL9J9692IOXUC0MTQSHU

bane
09-25-2005, 05:09 PM
yeah, he's got a lot of trouble with his 'glass-jaw' as they say. But I think I would give Jerome the benefit of the doubt.
Anyway, specially for you Bane, here's the Jerome vs Goodridge fight from last friday (+100 MB).
http://s64.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3JID7GYL9J9692IOXUC0MTQSHU

Thanks Leon , I owe you one :buttrock:

bane
09-26-2005, 10:41 AM
And what a fight !!! great match against goodridge.
And I heard there where changes in the program.

Lebanner Vs. Aerts
Sem Schil Vs. Sefo
Choi Vs. Bonjasky
Musashi Vs. Ruslan

Leon
09-26-2005, 01:20 PM
I was just gonna post it! :D
glad you liked Jerome's fight

bane
10-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Who will win the great GP this year !! speculations ,predictions annyone??

I think (hope :eplus2: ) according to the fights I've seen in the pre-finals , that my Favorite fighter Jerome Lebanner has great chances on winning this year , Aerts hurt himself on the shin but Kicked Mighty Mo out of the finals, he can't pull that off on a fighter like Lebanner , according to my best friend who trains with me he thinks your cousin is a runner up to end up in the finals , he thinks Sefo can't handle Sem's lenght ,can be true but Sefo is an expierienced fighter so annynthing can happen.
Bonjasky never fought Lebanner or Aerts , both know for their numerous K.O.'s don't know how he will do with these top fighters.
It's going to be a great final one of the best we've seen in years.

bane
10-28-2005, 01:51 PM
19th of November is approaching!! the big final

Leon
11-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Next saturday is the big day! Can't wait to see it and I hope my man does well.
I hope these are the first 4 winners:
Schilt
Bonjaski
LeBanner
Musashi

And hope the final will be between Schilt & LeBanner
we'll just have to wait and see.

here's an interview from my cousin:
http://kakuto.com/article.php?sid=1038&mode=&order=0&thold=0

Sam Wilson
11-13-2005, 04:08 PM
I'll be rootin' for Semmy! :buttrock:

Leon
11-14-2005, 06:24 AM
hope he knocks 'm out like he did Jan Nortje (remember, the guy is as big as Sem)
http://home.planet.nl/~hoen0119/sem.gif

bane
11-14-2005, 07:19 AM
hope he knocks 'm out like he did Jan Nortje (remember, the guy is as big as Sem)

I red his interview, he seems confident and prepared , can't wait for the 19 th ,it will be a great event!!

Sam Wilson
11-14-2005, 09:51 AM

I always thought of myself having a mark hunt type of build... ;)

Leon
11-19-2005, 07:25 AM
YES
Sem won his first match against Sefo!!!
quote from k-1 forum: "schilt won by unanimous decision.
schilt dominated all three rounds and gave sefo a standing knockdown in the 3rd round"
http://forums.megadeth.com/images/smilies/bow.gif

Leon
11-19-2005, 07:52 AM
Musashi - Karaev = Musashi
LeBanner - Aerts = Aerts (to bad Bane :mad: )
Choi - Bonjaski = Bonjaski
Schilt - Sefo = Schilt

guess what....3 out of 4 are dutch :buttrock: :happybirt

Heard that Musashi got favoured judging AGAIN. This way you can't win, only if KO'd.

leks
11-19-2005, 08:27 AM
Great news for you and your cousin Leon. Have been following the pbp this morning ;), whoever wins the schiltvsremy must be the favourite to take it all, schilt has the advantage on paper and has been looking tremendous all year this is more exciting than all my statues put together :D

Read Sefo had a bit of a fever dont think it wouldve mattered either way all dutchmen have won so far including badr vs leko. I dont like badr much but still :buttrock:

Really hope aerts gets through musashi he shouldnot be there really and he is boring in these tournaments cause he only tries to keep in the fight no more no less, out with the sucka I say.

Also read Gary lost some teeth against Glaube, frontkick?! blah...

leks
11-19-2005, 08:29 AM
Aerts out with broken ribs... Feitosa to the semis CRAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

leks
11-19-2005, 08:38 AM
Semmy ko's Remy first round wowww you're cousin is gonna take this all leon :buttrock: ended it with knees to the body damn man that giant is the real deal, as we already knew :buttrock:

Sorry to see remy lose, but he had a good run.

leks
11-19-2005, 08:57 AM
Glaube ko's Musashi :buttrock: excellent

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/8333/38iy.gif

bane
11-19-2005, 09:33 AM
I know too bad for jerome but your cousin looks to be the next K-1 champion if you ask me.

he can handle Feitosa don't you think!

leks
11-19-2005, 09:38 AM
Sem did do does done it new K1 GP champion :buttrock: how do you like them apples congrats again leon

KO in first 30 seconds muhahaha I am going shopping this was time well spend but I shouldnot be starving later ;)

Leon
11-19-2005, 09:45 AM
yesyesyesyes

Semmy's Champ!!!!!!!!!!

Sam Wilson
11-19-2005, 10:08 AM
yesyesyesyes

Semmy's Champ!!!!!!!!!!

:buttrock: :buttrock:

Ghah, this didn't show in the states last night though. I don't know if we'll even get it, dammit.

Well, GO SEMMY then... :buttrock:

bane
11-19-2005, 10:25 AM
CONGRATS TO YOUR COUSIN , wow another Dutch K-1 Champion!!

They'll better make a statue of him ,so I Can add him to my other K-1 fighter figures

Sam Wilson
11-19-2005, 10:39 AM

They'll better make a statue of him ,so I Can add him to my other K-1 fighter figures

bane, you got the cro cop figure?

bane
11-19-2005, 10:53 AM
bane, you got the cro cop figure?

Yes I do Sam, in fact I have two of them, he is greatly missed in the K-1 but then again makes an even better Pride fighter.

Sam Wilson
11-19-2005, 10:54 AM
yeah, those are awesome bane. I wouldn't mind having those and the fedor figure...

bane
11-19-2005, 11:00 AM
yeah, those are awesome bane. I wouldn't mind having those and the fedor figure...

The Fedor figure was sold out , I'm waiting until it gets back in stock to order Fedor And Wanderlei , My GF thinks I'm making the house look like a Toy Store!! WOMEN!! :laugh:

Leon
11-19-2005, 11:15 AM
Hey, Bane, that's actually a great likeness on those figures! pretty cool.

Leon
11-19-2005, 11:18 AM
Thanks guys, right outside my door people are freaking out! Although Sem doesn't live in the same street anymore for a couple of years we're all celebrating!! For us he's still a 'kid' from our block :)

bane
11-19-2005, 11:31 AM
He was predicted by all guys who are following the K-1 GP for the last years to be a finalist , but still to be the Champ .. that's awesome man.

You haven't seen my collection?? they come all the way from Japan

Leon
11-19-2005, 11:33 AM
NICE, I see Remy, Sapp, LeBanner (of course), Hoost among others.
Like I said earlier, great resemblance.

bane
11-19-2005, 11:50 AM
I'm working on a Peter Aerts bust for my best friends birthday , I'll post some pics later still in progress though but looks O.K. .

He's a big Aerts fan and had his hopes set on him after he won from Lebanner.

Sam Wilson
11-19-2005, 12:06 PM
bane, no "rampage" jackson? :D

sem, have a beer for me during your celebrating. :buttrock:

Leon
11-19-2005, 01:34 PM

can he have some pie too? :buttrock:

bane
11-19-2005, 01:54 PM

I will have to put him along with the others, been a while since I've ordered one , the last one was the Mirco kicking figure.

Leon
11-19-2005, 03:02 PM
yes yes y'all, look at him:

bane
11-20-2005, 06:45 PM
Just saw the fights , MAN Semy rocks , Feitosa didn't even had a chance that's what I call Powerplay.

The Fight Aerts VS. Lebanner was dissapointing , after I saw jerome fight Goodridge I thought he was in the shape of his life , this was a whole other fight, too bad Peter got injured ,and why they put in Feitosa is a bit of a mistery when Bob Sapp was injured they replaced him with his opponent being Ernesto Hoost.
But I enjoyed watching the finals as they were.

Leon
11-21-2005, 01:48 PM
Yeah, too bad Jerome lost. I would've loved to see him against Sem.
Or Aerts for that matter. Feitosa against Sem in the finals wasn't really a 'worthy' finals. Sem already won from him 2 months ago :rolleyes2

As for the Bob Sapp/Hoost thing, they chose the way with the most $$$.

leks
11-22-2005, 09:18 AM
Ok was able to see the fights yesterday wow what a great and exciting event, much better than the last couple of finals, lots of surprises, pity I already knew all the outcomes :)

Sem was beyond everyone that evening, I don't see anyone standing a chance against what he showed, so methodical so destructive, even more impressive than I had imagined.

Karaev was robbed but what is new, just glad the Japanese don't have a fighter that is halfdecent, else he would win always, loved musashi getting the crap kneed out of him, saw Aerts win deservedly against Jerome, Jerome just seemed to not bother, man that spinning heel kick from Badr, not my favourite fighter but that was poetry im, poor Leko, also not my favourite btw ;), wouldve loved Feitosa vs Karaev, or Sem vs Choi yummy maybe sometime in the future, Sem is king :buttrock:

Leon
11-22-2005, 05:18 PM
yeah, I think Karaev should've won the fight, but unless Musashi changes nationality he will always be in the final 8.
Good that Feitosa ko'd him, can't cheat with that :laugh:

And Badr made the perfect heel-kick, skinny guy that he is :thumbs2:

bane
11-25-2005, 12:29 PM
yeah, I think Karaev should've won the fight, but unless Musashi changes nationality he will always be in the final 8.
Good that Feitosa ko'd him, can't cheat with that :laugh:

And Badr made the perfect heel-kick, skinny guy that he is :thumbs2:

Badr gave Leko a great revenge match , Leko K.O.ed Badr the same way earlier this year in Holland in favor off the crowd who didn't like Badr's attitude.

Aerts or Lebanner against Sem had been a greater final match , I heard Lebanner didn't replace Aerts because he was injured as well so they chose Feitosa to fight your cousin , just rumors though.

bane
11-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Placed some pics of the Peter Aerts bust I'm working on for a friend in the sculptors corner.

leks
11-27-2005, 07:12 PM
Well hoost had mentioned he would want to the fight the future k1 champion before the event even, but the fight has been confirmed hoost vs schilt @ dynamite.

I thought hoost beat remy in the first round last year but well schilt is on top of his game at the moment their last fight was a draw way back but sem has to be clear favourite.

Nice matchup though :buttrock:

Leon
11-28-2005, 06:54 AM
their last fight was a draw way back but sem has to be clear favourite.
yeah, the judges said it was a draw....and then Hoost became champion that year.
I've seen that fight and would've given Sem the edge. After this fight Sem was 'told' by K1 that he was injured (when he wasn't) and couldn't fight for awhile. Surprise, and Hoost was champion again!
Let Hoost fight Sem and I'm sure he'll beat the crap out of Hoost again!

bane
11-28-2005, 10:48 AM
yeah, the judges said it was a draw....and then Hoost became champion that year.
I've seen that fight and would've given Sem the edge. After this fight Sem was 'told' by K1 that he was injured (when he wasn't) and couldn't fight for awhile. Surprise, and Hoost was champion again!
Let Hoost fight Sem and I'm sure he'll beat the crap out of Hoost again!

Hoost couldn't handle the weight and lenght of Sem in that fight , that was obvious.
No dissrespect for Ernesto Hoost but I think he is getting a bit old ,although his fight agains Bonjasky was indeed a bit unfair.

Leon
11-28-2005, 12:58 PM
we'll see...

Leon
12-31-2005, 08:11 AM
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!

Sem defeated Hoost! YES!!!
and your man won too Bane :thumbs2:

leks
12-31-2005, 08:42 AM
Congrats Léon Ive been following the pbp on pride since this morning and also the k1 busy busy :D

Nice tko 2nd round right probable broken nose!?, sem is a giant with skills, I see him reign for a long long time.

Leon
12-31-2005, 10:29 AM
the rest of the results
names in bold are the winners:
1. Shungo Oyama defeated Peter Aerts by heel hook 30 sec in first round
2. Jerome Le Banner KO Alan Karaev in 1:14 in the second round.
3. Katsuhiko Nagata won via decision against Remegius Morkevicus
4. Heath Hearing No Contest Yoshihiro Nakao (dont know why...)
5. Semmy Schilt TKO Ernesto Hoost in round 2. Sem unstoppable!
6. Musashi defeated Sapp by decision
7. Remy Bonjasky defeated "The Predator" by decision
8. Bobby Ologun defeated Akebono by decision
9. Royce Gracie vs Tokoro.. draw
10. Norifumi "KID" Yamamoto KO Genki Sudo round1
11. Masato wins by KO to Akira Ohigashi

results came from k-1fans.com/forum

leks
12-31-2005, 11:05 AM
About heath I heard his opponent gave him a kiss and heath knocked him out prefight not sure bout the knockout though :D

Leon
12-31-2005, 12:08 PM
yeah, heard something about a kiss too, but don't know the full story yet..

bane
12-31-2005, 12:25 PM
thanks for the update Leon, and congrats to your cousin .
Hope to see the fight on the net tomorrow.

And Leks congrats on your new avatar , although I don't think it will last long :laugh:

Have a happy new year guys and have fun.

leks
12-31-2005, 12:50 PM
Happy newyear fightfans ;)

Thanks Bane but yeh I agree my avatar is too cheerful thats gotta change, ah maybe next year :D

Ill probably stop by late today/early next morning, that is if I am not into a deep snore :D

All aspiring sculptors keep check of your fingers all others do so too, fingers are useful for all sorts of things, like poking out an eye etc. :buttrock:

Leon
12-31-2005, 01:25 PM
happy new year guys, see you next year :)
(I'll be pasted to my screen watching for those fights :banghead: )

Leon
02-05-2006, 01:56 PM
march 5th Auckland
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6442/k1oceania5qx.jpg

confirmed:
Ray Sefo vs Remy Bonjaski
Sem Schilt vs Peter Aerts

well, that's 75% dutch again.... :inquisiti

will also fight:
Jan Nortje
Ciril Abidi
Mighty Mo

bane
02-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the update , looking forward to it .
I've already got my tickets to the Arena in may , that'll be one of the best fighting events in some time !!

Leon
02-05-2006, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the update , looking forward to it .
I've already got my tickets to the Arena in may , that'll be one of the best fighting events in some time !!
You're going to the Arena? Way to go! I'm not going unfortunately, got to save me some $$$ this year :mad:
But if you've got nothing to do afterwards and you're heading home south, you can always stop on the way over at my place, door's always open.

bane
02-05-2006, 06:50 PM
You're going to the Arena? Way to go! I'm not going unfortunately, got to save me some $$$ this year :mad:
But if you've got nothing to do afterwards and you're heading home south, you can always stop on the way over at my place, door's always open.

Would love to drop by but when the fights end it'll be night and I'm traveling with 5 other guys , but I'll make it to holland one day , you can show me around , or if you're ever in the surroundings of Belgium :laugh:

Reminds me , there are 2 big cons coming up in Germany , Jim Lee Dell'otto Bermejo .... will normaly be there but I don't know how far in Germany yet , I just found out .
I'll post the link somewhere tomorrow .

Leon
10-01-2006, 10:04 AM
http://al3xweb.com/k-1fans/posters/osakaelims06.jpg

Yesterday my cousin Semmy Schilt fought in the eliminations and WON!
He had to go against Bjorn Bregy and KO'd him in the first round! Below you can see the photo of the press conference, Sem looked really impressed with Bregy.....:laugh:
It was obvious that K-1 didn't want Sem to be the next champ, at least not very easily.
The last couple of years the reigning champ 'only' had to fight a superfight during the eliminations, he was automatically placed for the finals. This year they changed the rules; the champ (Semmy) had to win his fight in the eliminations or be out of the finals.
He is now on of 8 men to enter the finals in december.:thumbs2:

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/164/schiltbregynl0.jpg

leks
10-01-2006, 10:14 AM
Congrats Leon.

Wow man bregy is right in his face and sem doesnot notice him.

Didnot see the fight but although bregy is big and strong he's just not a real fighter, luckily against sem his pro's count for nothing.

Yeh and really bad showing from the japanese but what's new, semmy's been getting a hard time for ages and not the respect he deserves and not just from the japanese.

Hope he wins it all again.

Leon
10-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the words Leks.

The irony in it all is that neither Musashi nor Yusuke Fujimoto is in the finals, so Japan loses again.

Kirk Durfey
10-04-2006, 12:41 PM
What kind of a tournament is this? Where is Stephan Bonnar or Rashad Evans?

:laugh: Damn I couldn't keep a straight face :laugh:

bane
10-10-2006, 07:15 AM
Saw the fight Leon and was sooo glad your cousin won from Breggy !! IMO Breggy wouldn't fit in the finals between all the big name fighters , and I don't appreciate the attitude he showed against Semmy when the fight started . In December Sem is facing Jerome , that'll be a great fight , I saw the fight between Jerome and Hung Choi , the giant that was like David and Goliath , but a deserved victory for lebanner shows he can manage a big fighter !!!

Leon
10-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Saw the fight Leon and was sooo glad your cousin won from Breggy !! IMO Breggy wouldn't fit in the finals between all the big name fighters , and I don't appreciate the attitude he showed against Semmy when the fight started . In December Sem is facing Jerome , that'll be a great fight , I saw the fight between Jerome and Hung Choi , the giant that was like David and Goliath , but a deserved victory for lebanner shows he can manage a big fighter !!!

Yeah, I don't really know what Bregy wanted to accomplish. Some mental game? Schilt's to 'sober' for that. (nuchtere hollander)
Funny thing is, you see Bregy trying to 'stare down' at Schilt when they are before the ref, but after a few seconds he already hangs his head.
Sem let Bregy show that he didn't belong in the finals, ko'ed him and didn't even use his infamous knees!

Your man Jerome! I'm so glad he's in the finals! Imo he already won in the first 3 rounds from Choi, they shouldn't have taken a 4th. BUT....I think Choi was more 'active' in the 4th, so if the entire fight was based on that it wouldv'e been very close for LeBanner.

I read that Sem picked the first fight for the finals before knowing who he was up against. He just wanted to be the first. And Jerome picked that fight cause he wanted to fight the champ. So it's defenitely gonna be a great match!
I hope that whomever wins that particular fight, takes the titel.

bane
10-11-2006, 05:05 AM
I also hope that one of those two wins the title , I know Hoost can't handle Sem's lenght but he can trick Lebanner into making mistakes , Bonjasky is a tactical fighter and has good Legg work but I doubt he can High Kick or Knee Semmy to the Canvas , I saw Him fight Lebanner in the Arena and he won but not deserved IMO and other agree with me on that one , he didn't do much because he was affraid to open his guard , so most of Lebanner's kicks and punches landed on Remy's guard but still Lebanner did most of the fighting , nevertheless that was a lame fight with no high peeks in it , if it comes down for a title they'll be more eager to win and will fight harder .

I think it will come down to those four to win the tournament this year .

Leon
10-11-2006, 10:18 AM
You're right. It'll be between Sem/LeBanner/Bonjaski and I'll add Feitosa.
Feitosa and Bonjaski will win from those they are going up against, IF they fight like they did in the eliminations. But sooner or later they must go up against Sem/LeBanner and they will lose.
There is a big chance Sefo/Aerts will be the reserve match. Mark my words; Aerts will be in the finals

bane
10-11-2006, 11:23 AM
I was kind of hoping Aerts would be involved in the finals , K-1 isn't the same without him , and that could change a lot in the final eliminations !! He isn't the Lumberjack from ten years ago but he can still kick some @ss !!
We'll just have to wait and see .
Me and a friend of mine were planning a trip to Japan a few years back to go and see te K-1 live but it was a bit too expensive !! Don't think it'll happen or I'll have to win the lottery !

You're right. It'll be between Sem/LeBanner/Bonjaski and I'll add Feitosa.
Feitosa and Bonjaski will win from those they are going up against, IF they fight like they did in the eliminations. But sooner or later they must go up against Sem/LeBanner and they will lose.
There is a big chance Sefo/Aerts will be the reserve match. Mark my words; Aerts will be in the finals

Leon
10-12-2006, 09:37 AM
Would love to see a K1 final in Japan too, but there's no way I can afford it.

A friend of mine (and of Sem's) went to New Zealand on holiday at the same time Sem had to fight against Aerts (last year). He got in and met Sem and afterwards got the whole vip treatment. He met all the big names, Sefo, Aerts you name it. I still hate him for it :) .

bane
10-12-2006, 03:20 PM
the whole VIP treatment !! that sounds great , I met a lot of fighters myself , I trained with Aerts a few times in Holland and Did a training seminair with Hoost but haven't had the chance to train with Jerome yet , and I'm not in the same shape I used to be so I think it won't happen anymore .

And I haven't heard an opinion from Sam Wilson yet !! is he sleeping ! I know he's more of a Pride guy but I'm surprised I haven't read something from him yet ... The same goes for Leks too !!

Would love to see a K1 final in Japan too, but there's no way I can afford it.

A friend of mine (and of Sem's) went to New Zealand on holiday at the same time Sem had to fight against Aerts (last year). He got in and met Sem and afterwards got the whole vip treatment. He met all the big names, Sefo, Aerts you name it. I still hate him for it :) .

Leon
10-13-2006, 09:49 AM
the whole VIP treatment !! that sounds great , I met a lot of fighters myself , I trained with Aerts a few times in Holland and Did a training seminair with Hoost but haven't had the chance to train with Jerome yet , and I'm not in the same shape I used to be so I think it won't happen anymore .

And I haven't heard an opinion from Sam Wilson yet !! is he sleeping ! I know he's more of a Pride guy but I'm surprised I haven't read something from him yet ... The same goes for Leks too !!

Maybe if we talk about knitting and baking Sam & Leks would wake up!

But cool that you trained with Aerts and Hoost! Everyone says they're nice guys, are they?

bane
10-14-2006, 07:52 AM
Maybe if we talk about knitting and baking Sam & Leks would wake up!

But cool that you trained with Aerts and Hoost! Everyone says they're nice guys, are they?

They're the best , these guys are so friendly you come to appreciate them even more as athletes .
I still have some pics stuffed somewhere but have to search for them .

Leon
10-14-2006, 11:45 AM
They're the best , these guys are so friendly you come to appreciate them even more as athletes .
I still have some pics stuffed somewhere but have to search for them .

So go search! I wanna see them!:)

Sam Wilson
10-14-2006, 03:23 PM
sorry guys, work has me running wild.

Bane, wait, you've trained with Hoost? Holy crap! Fedor did a seminar here recently, i missed out (a friend of mine wanted to go, to short of notice), but I heard he is coming back. I don't care if it is 2 day notice, I am totally going...

bane
10-14-2006, 04:35 PM
Glad you made it !! I've asked my friend who trains with me to dig up that pic , I know he has it framed somewhere , mind it's an old photo when he was the K-1 champion , it's a scan because I didn't have a digital camera the . Hope to have the pic tomorrow .
We trained about two hours with Hoost and he gave insight and knowledge in that time you can't imagine ,Training with Aerts was more like he was at the club and we were there too , nice to see his powerkicks in person though.

Training with Fedor might be cool , but he might kill you at it too !!! so be carefull Sam :)

I trained with some other Dutch Fighters like Hippolite , and had a Pancrase session with Leon Van Dyck ( Bass Ruttens' pupil ) . Great expieriences

sorry guys, work has me running wild.

Bane, wait, you've trained with Hoost? Holy crap! Fedor did a seminar here recently, i missed out (a friend of mine wanted to go, to short of notice), but I heard he is coming back. I don't care if it is 2 day notice, I am totally going...

Sam Wilson
10-15-2006, 08:39 AM
for his fight with cro cop Fedor trained with Hoost. I can only imagine. I know cro cop never beat hoost.

I heard that seminar with fedor was amazing, to bad I can't make it to pride's las vegas show later this month... :9

bane
10-20-2006, 12:22 PM
Sorry for the Delay on the pics guys but , I'm waiting for a friend to mail them through and he's a bit lazy , but I'll see him and hit him with a Ballpeen hammer , I heard that works :)

Leon
10-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Sorry for the Delay on the pics guys but , I'm waiting for a friend to mail them through and he's a bit lazy , but I'll see him and hit him with a Ballpeen hammer , I heard that works :)

They should use ballpeen hammers in K-1, that would be awesome.

Oh and Bane, just got this from the official K-1 website about the finals:
-reserve fight 1: Peter Aerts vs Musashi
-reserve fight 2: Ray Sefo vs Hong-Man Choi

like I said earlier, Aerts will be in the finals, just you wait and see.

bane
10-23-2006, 08:40 AM
They should use ballpeen hammers in K-1, that would be awesome.

Oh and Bane, just got this from the official K-1 website about the finals:
-reserve fight 1: Peter Aerts vs Musashi
-reserve fight 2: Ray Sefo vs Hong-Man Choi

like I said earlier, Aerts will be in the finals, just you wait and see.

I hope soe , this will be one great final to watch !!!
And I've finally got the Hoost pic from my friend , he printed it with his computer and it's lousy quality , it was a scan from a photo because at the time we didn't have a digital cam yet , and yes I was way younger !! I'm the one below BTW .

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f14/Steve_wagemans/hoostpic.jpg

bane
10-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Only e few months now ;

http://www.k-1.co.jp/report/img/20061018r_vd_e.html

Leon
10-23-2006, 04:44 PM
That commercial is pretty cool! I like it!
But Hoost aint gonna win :stick:

Leon
10-23-2006, 05:05 PM
And I've finally got the Hoost pic from my friend , he printed it with his computer and it's lousy quality , it was a scan from a photo because at the time we didn't have a digital cam yet , and yes I was way younger !! I'm the one below BTW .

Nice picture!
I've got a picture with a K-1 world champ too! And I was WAY WAY WAY younger! I'm second on the left, Sem is far right
http://home.planet.nl/~hoen0119/bla/blabla.jpg

bane
10-24-2006, 05:29 AM
Let me guess , he's 6months old on that pic :)

Leon
10-24-2006, 07:13 AM
Let me guess , he's 6months old on that pic :)

:laugh: He always was a bit bigger than the rest, but that he became that big was a surprise for everyone.

Leon
12-02-2006, 10:06 AM
YES!!
Sem is world champion for the 2nd time!!! :buttrock: :thumbs2:
Haven't seen the fights yet, but I read that he won 3 times by decision vs LeBanner, Hoost and Aerts.

Leon
12-03-2006, 08:02 AM
You guys awake in here?
Bane? Sam? Anyone? :)

Sam Wilson
12-03-2006, 09:34 AM
sorry leon, I'm depressed because I think pride is over. :( Their NYE show will not be on US pay per view, they have a feb show in Vegas, but I heard rumblings their major players are getting out.

Congrats on semmy though, he is a freakin' machine, his knee strikes are freakin' deadly...

Leon
12-03-2006, 12:35 PM
sorry leon, I'm depressed because I think pride is over. :( Their NYE show will not be on US pay per view, they have a feb show in Vegas, but I heard rumblings their major players are getting out.

Oh man, that's sad news indeed. Are the major players leaving Pride for good or just that show? And where to? And WHY? Does Fedor has something to do with it?

misanthrope
12-03-2006, 12:46 PM
awesome leon! congrats to semmy! i havnt seen any tv adds for anything but ufc for some time now. k-1 and pride reruns were coming on pretty regularly for a while but then poof...no new fights. appearantly the american market is too reliant on ufc to make it prifitable for other organizations to stay around. i was hopeful that pride would stick around but my prayers have gone unanswered. im on the verge of whoopin my wife just for a fix:laugh:

bane
12-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Congrats Leon Buddy :buttrock:

Your team won AGAIN this year , Dissapointed by Lebanner's performance !!! I think he's not that hungry any more to win !!
Aerts made a good fight against Sem but I heard he was injured on his ribs , but to me he fought real well in the tournament .
Bonjasky couldn't fight after leko's roundhouse kick in the Nuts that's why Aerts came in .

Great final and I must hand it over to Sem because He fought and won from the 3 major K-1 fighters ever !!Hoost , Lebanner and Aerts !!! that quite impressive !!!!!

Leon
03-05-2007, 12:05 PM
http://www.k-1.co.jp/k-1gp/images/070304/photo12b.jpg
yesterday my cousin became the first ever SUPER heavyweight K1 champion!
This was the first GP in which they had 2 new weight classes; heavyweight (75-100 kg) and super heavyweight (100 kg>)
Sem Schilt fought against Ray Sefo for the second time and ko'd him! Heh, even Mark Hunt couldn't do that. Great job Sem!

(Bane, we're still up for Amsterdam?)

bane
03-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Early to say Leon buddy but so far I'm in for Amserdam Arena !!!:buttrock:
Congrats on your cousin's K.O. , Sefo is indeed not an easy KO guy !!!!

Lebanner lost on points against a Japanes guy who didn't throw 15 puches the whole fight !! Read the reviews but still have to watch the fight to make up my own mind about the fight .

Good thing they made heavyweight and Superheavywheight IMO !