PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40K is coming...

Pages : [1] 2

Valkyrie
07-15-2016, 07:07 PM
From Kelvin Loke on P1's FB group:

Get ready for War

Fans of Warhammers 40K, get ready to obliterate your puny enemies with your 1/4 scale warriors. I can feel it in my bones that Prime1's details and color will be beautiful on these amazing looking characters. At least now I don't have to strain my eyes.

Work is commencing soon.

https://scontent.ftpa1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13716200_1710896302509420_938755955171948715_n.jpg?oh=bb2fc205c867f2316a59b4ebd1408b01&oe=582C77A8

SONICobra
07-15-2016, 08:13 PM
man I used to love painting these, never played the game though - always seemed too complicated lol

Planeswalker
07-15-2016, 08:22 PM
Wow!! I wonder if these will actually be able to be used as pieces?

testsubject25
07-15-2016, 09:51 PM
Wow!! I wonder if these will actually be able to be used as pieces?

Lol cheaper than getting one of those Titans and painting.

klwN
07-15-2016, 11:33 PM
Man, with all those licenses I hope they are hiring new people or it's going to take them 3 years from announcement to release everytime they want to make a new statue.

I used to really be into 40K as a kid so that's great, eager to see what they come up with (would never spend that much on a 40K statue though) but it's getting a bit crowded at P1 and in the end very few new actual products are being shown lately. It's just one obscure new license after the other, how about they focus on stuff that's been teased forever ago and releasing all those pre-ordered statues first?

PermaGrin
07-16-2016, 12:36 AM
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-31915-Dave-Chappelle-YES-YEAH-SWEET-utsJ.gif

Silas Loki
07-16-2016, 03:53 AM
I'm not looking forward to this! Having spent a lot of time around the miniature, one defining aspect of Games Workshops "style" is the complete lack of proportion in their sculpting!

While P1 would no doubt have licence to interpret that design ethic into their products, especially at 1\4 scale, I'm worried that the very act of proportioning the characters more "realistically" (how realistic can a Space Marine be?) will detract from the very thing that makes the piece WH40K!

I also agree with general sentiment here, it's hard to get excited about a company's announcements when they have (ultimately) delivered so little. It's the opitome of "the boy who cried wolf!".

And while this may be exciting, I actually feel there will be an extremely limited market of interest for this product line. Those who are into WH40K would rather spend the $500+ on building their armies, and those with $500+ to spend on a statue (generally) are more interested in more "mainstream" topics.....

klwN
07-16-2016, 04:05 AM
And while this may be exciting, I actually feel there will be an extremely limited market of interest for this product line. Those who are into WH40K would rather spend the $500+ on building their armies, and those with $500+ to spend on a statue (generally) are more interested in more "mainstream" topics.....

Very good point.

And unfortunately I feel like a lot of their focus is indeed on very limited markets.
Don't get me wrong, I am happy for the people that get excited by some of their more obscure licenses (some of which I have actually never ever heard of despite being a decent nerd), but in the meantime that's thousands upon thousands of customers waiting for the more "major" releases either teased or already on pre-order for the bigger licenses (*cough* Batman* *cough*).

Am I excited by the possibility of seeing a Prime 1 Black Templar or Prime 1 EVA-01? Sure, but man... Priorities FFS.

Looking at the threads here, it's just license after license... How many of these will get a release in the next 2 years?

Xenoburger
07-16-2016, 09:05 AM
What is this, the 30th or 40th license they've announced? How many statues have they actually released so far? A handful of Transformers, some Ninja Turtles and a Batman?

I'm not sure I see the point in acquiring dozens of new licenses if nothing will come of them.

I've never played Warhammer or had much interest in the franchise, but some of the designs are pretty interesting and seem to be influenced by Blizzard or vice versa.

DeadGhostKnight
07-16-2016, 09:34 AM
Basically at this point all my collection is going to be Prime 1 they are getting all the licenses i want!

Silas Loki
07-16-2016, 11:27 AM
Basically at this point all my collection is going to be Prime 1 they are getting all the licenses i want!

:praying: assuming they actually make something?!? :confused:

dao2
07-16-2016, 12:37 PM
looking forward to this very much :)

loricstone
07-16-2016, 01:13 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-31915-Dave-Chappelle-YES-YEAH-SWEET-utsJ.gif

LMAO!!!!! :laugh:

DingleDangle
07-16-2016, 06:20 PM
Those who are into WH40K would rather spend the $500+ on building their armies, and those with $500+ to spend on a statue (generally) are more interested in more "mainstream" topics.....

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm personally a huge fan of the Warhammer/Warhammer 40k universe, but I don't have the time to paint/assemble an army and dedicate several hours + travel time for one game. So this would be a nice alternative to showcase a fictional universe that I'm interested in.

Rob N. Banks
07-16-2016, 06:59 PM
I've never gotten into the game or buying the miniatures (logistics + prices put me off) but I would definitely be interested in getting a space marine for my collection as I am a fan of the 40k universe.

dao2
07-16-2016, 08:29 PM
I'm not looking forward to this! Having spent a lot of time around the miniature, one defining aspect of Games Workshops "style" is the complete lack of proportion in their sculpting!

The proportions for the tabletop game, and even the scales are out of work, and that is on purpose to make it for a tabletop game. I would be shocked if it was based on that. It will most likely be based off the tons of artwork (official artwork) that is properly sized, scaled, and super badass :p

DeadGhostKnight
07-16-2016, 09:16 PM
:praying: assuming they actually make something?!? :confused:

Haha very true!

klwN
07-16-2016, 10:53 PM
https://s32.postimg.org/i6633dpxx/Emperor_s_Champion.jpg

That's the one thing they can count me in for. A super awesome Black Templar champion.
Other than that, I'm sure the statues will be gorgeous but there won't be a big enough emotional attachment.

However, like I said, I am not optimistic regarding release dates for most of their new licenses. Not sure how big their team is but given the level of quality they aim for both during the creative stage and during production... That's a lot to handle.

Silas Loki
07-17-2016, 12:29 PM
The proportions for the tabletop game, and even the scales are out of work, and that is on purpose to make it for a tabletop game. I would be shocked if it was based on that. It will most likely be based off the tons of artwork (official artwork) that is properly sized, scaled, and super badass :p

Many other companies manage to create figures of correct proportions for their table top wargames! But as you say, the statues could be based on artwork and that would be cool.

jinkazama
07-17-2016, 01:46 PM
https://s32.postimg.org/i6633dpxx/Emperor_s_Champion.jpg

That's the one thing they can count me in for. A super awesome Black Templar champion.
Other than that, I'm sure the statues will be gorgeous but there won't be a big enough emotional attachment.

However, like I said, I am not optimistic regarding release dates for most of their new licenses. Not sure how big their team is but given the level of quality they aim for both during the creative stage and during production... That's a lot to handle.
Cool picture...

dao2
07-17-2016, 02:36 PM
Many other companies manage to create figures of correct proportions for their table top wargames! But as you say, the statues could be based on artwork and that would be cool.

I'm not saying it's impossible but that's why they did it. However I have no doubt it would be based off of artwork not off the tabletop.

KELPIE
07-18-2016, 01:11 AM
Oh man, I am so boned.

Dark Angels common down!

dao2
07-18-2016, 08:53 PM
some 40k goodness to enjoy, though I think making grey knight termies is a bit of a stretch :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjaYW5Cnr5k

klwN
07-19-2016, 12:11 AM
some 40k goodness to enjoy, though I think making grey knight termies is a bit of a stretch :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjaYW5Cnr5k

Sick :buttrock:
I looked at a lot of illustrations yesterday and I have to take back what I said, I'd probably be interested in more options than just a Black Templar champion, although he would indeed be my favorite.

They could probably benefit from some fan advice as far as to what to make first tbh, I doubt they have someone with an extensive knowledge of the lore/characters at P1, seems like they are just buying any license that looks "pretty" at this point :laugh:

The Chaos image posted with the announcement makes me nervous, I strictly only care about regular Space Marines :laugh:

Vpuik
07-19-2016, 09:07 PM
The new Game trailer is awesome too. I'd be up for anything Chaos or Orks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN8geCTlZOo

dao2
07-19-2016, 10:28 PM
no space marine is that weak :P the dow trailers were always real bs in that regard ^^

Silas Loki
07-20-2016, 02:37 PM
no space marine is that weak :P the dow trailers were always real bs in that regard ^^

Yeah, well, unfortunately GW are really inconsistent when it comes to how powerful / weak Space Marines are! Really depends on the writer and the story. Dan Abnett was the worst (IMHO) for flip flopping on power values, even in the same story.

dao2
07-20-2016, 05:23 PM
Yeah, well, unfortunately GW are really inconsistent when it comes to how powerful / weak Space Marines are! Really depends on the writer and the story. Dan Abnett was the worst (IMHO) for flip flopping on power values, even in the same story.

The stories do change, however the information in the codexs is pretty consistent (though it has changed over the years). The backstory information not the game information I mean ;p But in no story are Space Marines that weak, or stupid ;p They die as often as orcs do in the DOW trailer, and there are only around 1 million SMs.

KELPIE
07-20-2016, 11:39 PM
And we all know the Dark Angels are the best Space Marines.

klwN
08-06-2016, 11:17 AM
This thread needs a teaser :buttrock:

TheGriffinKing
08-07-2016, 12:54 AM
SPACE WOLVES

Bob Morton
12-17-2016, 02:00 AM
Any news at all on this? I need space marine statues now!!

testsubject25
12-17-2016, 02:18 AM
Any news at all on this? I need space marine statues now!!

You've only waited five months since it was announced!
Get comfortable. :laugh:

Yeah, I'd like to know what's going on here as well.

I feel like the owner of P1 got drunk one night and bought a ton of licenses and woke up the next day with a financial and logistical hangover.

dao2
12-17-2016, 03:09 AM
Probably my most hyped for license here, been wanting larger scale detailed Marines/Imperium factions for a long time!

Planeswalker
12-17-2016, 11:06 AM
I feel like the owner of P1 got drunk one night and bought a ton of licenses and woke up the next day with a financial and logistical hangover.

Hahahha!!! Sooooooo true!

For a while there I was thinking the CEO woke up next to his secretary and said, "Man my head hurts... what happened last night." *checks email and sees Wizards of the Coast contract* "Wait a minute, what the hell is Magic the Gathering!?"

:hilarious:

testsubject25
12-17-2016, 12:25 PM
Hahahha!!! Sooooooo true!

For a while there I was thinking the CEO woke up next to his secretary and said, "Man my head hurts... what happened last night." *checks email and sees Wizards of the Coast contract* "Wait a minute, what the hell is Magic the Gathering!?"

:hilarious:

FACT :laugh:

dao2
12-17-2016, 03:26 PM
Well Jerry wanted the 40k license but he said GW never got back to him ><

testsubject25
12-17-2016, 04:40 PM
Well Jerry wanted the 40k license but he said GW never got back to him ><

Nothing personal, but I don't know who is slower.

Bob Morton
12-17-2016, 05:10 PM

LOL!! Jerry pumps out pre-orders pretty fast and then you need to wait 2-3 years to get the actual statue!!

testsubject25
12-17-2016, 05:17 PM
LOL!! Jerry pumps out pre-orders pretty fast and then you need to wait 2-3 years to get the actual statue!!

Lol yep

dao2
12-18-2016, 03:28 AM

Well just that he's been doing more products lately but still it wouldn't matter in the long run. If PO rate is consistent you get products releasing while others are going up. For example Vega, Oro, and Akuma are all starting to ship soon. Shin soon as well.

I don't mind the wait, but I do like that P1 has the license. Since I'm interested in SMs and other Imperium stuff it's all armor so musculate and human anatomy aren't a huge emphasis which is what PCS does best.

Silas Loki
12-18-2016, 04:42 AM
While SM look OK, for me, the only products from WH40K I need are Battle Sisters, Sisters of Silence, and Howling Banshee's.

dao2
12-18-2016, 06:52 AM
I don't think they'll do the Sisters of Silence :<

Emperor help us if they do the primarchs :P

Silas Loki
12-18-2016, 10:22 AM

I think they'll do a Marine from the most obvious chapters, so Ultramarine, Blood Angel's, Dark Angel's, Imperial Fists, etc etc.....And then, if we're lucky (I doubt it) they'll do a generic "bad guy"....Orks, Clear, etc. They might spend a penny on Chaos factions.....

Truth is, if the products sell, they'll beat the f@*k out of this cash cow, and let's face it, there's so many character types, they could beat for a long time. My concern is, the reception of the market.

Your average WH40K player may be good for a single piece, maybe, but I doubt any of them would do more than that! He'll, the cost of one statue could find a whole army..... That's what they'd rather spend on. Let's face it, outside of tabletop wargaming, WH40K isn't going to have a mass appeal.

If I had my way, I'd rather P1 had gotten the HALO license instead, or even StarCraft.....Video gamers (like comic enthusiasts) don't have the same 3D conflict of interests that wargamers do!

dao2
12-18-2016, 03:53 PM
I think they'll do a Marine from the most obvious chapters, so Ultramarine, Blood Angel's, Dark Angel's, Imperial Fists, etc etc.....And then, if we're lucky (I doubt it) they'll do a generic "bad guy"....Orks, Clear, etc. They might spend a penny on Chaos factions.....

Truth is, if the products sell, they'll beat the f@*k out of this cash cow, and let's face it, there's so many character types, they could beat for a long time. My concern is, the reception of the market.

Your average WH40K player may be good for a single piece, maybe, but I doubt any of them would do more than that! He'll, the cost of one statue could find a whole army..... That's what they'd rather spend on. Let's face it, outside of tabletop wargaming, WH40K isn't going to have a mass appeal.

If I had my way, I'd rather P1 had gotten the HALO license instead, or even StarCraft.....Video gamers (like comic enthusiasts) don't have the same 3D conflict of interests that wargamers do!

Yeah I'm afraid of this not selling to well, but who knows people may be impressed with the design and artistry to buy them. I really would love a Sanguinius. I wonder what scale they would do, I assume 1/4th but the marines are oversized.

Bob Morton
12-18-2016, 05:15 PM

Emperor protect us indeed if they make the primarchs. There are 18 of those at say $900 = ~$16,000.... worst part is that I would NEED to buy them.

As for this line not doing well, 40k universe is fairly popular. Remember they made those Dawn of War games that were very popular (new one coming out 2017). Not to mention I think that worldwide they should be able to sell 1500 statues easily. I may be very wrong but I believe that 40k is popular in Asia and Europe more so than in North America.

Silas Loki
12-18-2016, 05:47 PM
Emperor protect us indeed if they make the primarchs. There are 18 of those at say $900 = ~$16,000.... worst part is that I would NEED to buy them.

As for this line not doing well, 40k universe is fairly popular. Remember they made those Dawn of War games that were very popular (new one coming out 2017). Not to mention I think that worldwide they should be able to sell 1500 statues easily. I may be very wrong but I believe that 40k is popular in Asia and Europe more so than in North America.

The first part of your post says it all, the price!!

For us statue collectors, the statue is the be all, end all....Now, like I said, for a wargamer, these statues could be a nice little aside to decorate the games room, maybe the odd wargames shop owner would grab one to create a nice advertising display, but very few wargamers would deign to even contemplate getting them all, let alone more than one.

For $700 - $900 you could buy a very good tabletop army (even with the shocking price of Citadel Miniatures), and that's what wargamers will weigh up. I just don't see the target market for this I.P supporting the product.

On the flip side, those who are hardcore collectors of statues, they will probably be looking to the same old, same old Marvel / D.C. characters this hobby seems to be flooded with.

Which leaves a very small number of us "inbetweeners" to carry this (probably) very expensive line.....Can you see where this is going?

KELPIE
12-18-2016, 06:01 PM

And yet... I've had to argue with people who don't believe computer game licenses are worth it because players aren't willing to spend the money required for statues... go figure.

Anything Dark Angel and Assassin will be serious temptations. Outside of that, happy to see what comes.

dao2
12-18-2016, 07:12 PM

+ the emp himself ;p Yeah I'm not sure. 1500 isn't too bad a number and could maybe sell that one. Tough one to gauge for me tbh. I hope they come out well and do awesome! I'd be skipping the traitor primarchs though, no interest in spending my money on filthy heretics unless they are laying on a base riddled with bolter impacts :P

Ulfnar
12-25-2016, 12:35 AM
I would love to have one archetypical statue from each major race personally. I have been playing War 40k and been interested in the video game adaptations since 1995, so this is stuff that i grew up on.

I'd love a nice gritty space wolf, or perhaps a librarian in terminator armour for marines, I'd love a female eldaar farseer or warlock, a thousand sons sorcerer for chaos. I'm not sure what I'd want from orks, necrons, imperial guard etc though off the top of my head.

dao2
12-25-2016, 08:10 AM
I love 40k lore and in general enjoy the games, but lore wise they are cancer :P

Bob Morton
12-27-2016, 03:12 AM
I would love to have one archetypical statue from each major race personally. I have been playing War 40k and been interested in the video game adaptations since 1995, so this is stuff that i grew up on.

I'd love a nice gritty space wolf, or perhaps a librarian in terminator armour for marines, I'd love a female eldaar farseer or warlock, a thousand sons sorcerer for chaos. I'm not sure what I'd want from orks, necrons, imperial guard etc though off the top of my head.

You know I did not even think of all the other races. My mind only went straight to space marines because there are so many options there. Good point they could also do some amazing statues from the other races!

dao2
12-27-2016, 04:53 AM
but so many different humans! :P

Silas Loki
12-27-2016, 05:39 AM
Whatever they do, I hope the scaling is right.

dao2
12-27-2016, 11:21 AM
I'm sure it will be, the miniatures aren't scaled due to keep it reasonable on the tabletop. Space Marines aren't quite as tall as a lot of people assume (average 7.5 ft). Vehicles are their worst scaling and we won't see those ;p

Scote
12-28-2016, 04:59 PM
Im so in for an Eldar Scorpion

The Dark Knight
12-28-2016, 05:35 PM
Holy Crap !!! i would love to see them....

but prime 1 is too expensive for me... :/

My favorites are Imperium of Man and Dark Eldar but i like all of them. I hope neca or something will make action figures of them someday so i can buy all of them... Even if i really want, i can't buy all of them as statues, especialy with the prime 1 prices... may be only 1 or 2... probably an ultramarine preferebly Uriel Ventris :) and some cool looking Dark Eldar dude and chick... and a Commissar... and The infamous Ork Warlord Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka...

oh man... i'm so screwed...

Phil the sixth
01-15-2017, 08:40 AM
"We are beset by many terrible foes in these dark times, but we walk in the light of the Emperor, and we shall not let a single foe stay us from our duty. We are the Sisters of the great Ecclesiarchy, and we will fight to the bitter end."

Prime1 is pleased to present an early WIP teaser of 1/4/ scale the Sisters of Battle from Warhammer 40K.

https://i37.servimg.com/u/f37/19/26/48/79/16002910.jpg (https://servimg.com/view/19264879/1597)

TheStig88
01-15-2017, 08:45 AM
:buttrock: Yeah, I'm in.

testsubject25
01-15-2017, 02:39 PM
Absolutely insane.

Zombiez
01-15-2017, 03:09 PM
I am going to have a drastic reduction in disposable income when these come out.

Silas Loki
01-15-2017, 03:36 PM
Oh f@*k me dead!!!

I NEVER, not in my wildest dreams, saw that coming. This is so far off the charts amazing.....I would have been tempted by a Space Marine, but a Sister....Oh my dayz! I need this.

This is why I voted for Prime 1 as statue company of the year in the SFA, (obviously before even this announcement) because this is one of the few collectibles companies that still surprise us (ME) with the products they put out.

Don't get me wrong, the others surprise us as well, but always within the safe confines of predictable licenses, Marvel, D.C., Star Wars....

This makes me very happy indeed!

Jesse Custer
01-15-2017, 04:20 PM
Oh f@*k me dead!!!

I NEVER, not in my wildest dreams, saw that coming. This is so far off the charts amazing.....I would have been tempted by a Space Marine, but a Sister....Oh my dayz! I need this.

This is why I voted for Prime 1 as statue company of the year in the SFA, (obviously before even this announcement) because this is one of the few collectibles companies that still surprise us (ME) with the products they put out.

Don't get me wrong, the others surprise us as well, but always within the safe confines of predictable licenses, Marvel, D.C., Star Wars....

This makes me very happy indeed!

I totally agree with you, man! Of course Prime 1 has top notch quality, but one of their biggest differencials for me is how they seem to have brought a fresh feeling to the hobby, with all these new licenses and statues of characters I never thought I would see geting made.

They have some tough competition, but I think they are the best company currently. I can´t wait for Wonderfest!

dao2
01-15-2017, 04:38 PM
gg ;p

wonder how they'll do the purity seals, tbh they should be cloth >< it's easier for production, damage, come out looking better etc

edit: apparently based off a render from some artist a while ago

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=465942

which was based on sketch

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/000/278/712/large/13.jpg?1414761273

Bob Morton
01-16-2017, 07:12 PM
Very excited by this statue. Sisters of battle is not my favourite, but any 40k statues is a must have. I really hope there are more statues to come after this one.

dao2
01-16-2017, 07:37 PM
not all 40k statues are a must have for me, I won't be purchasing any heretics unless they are beneath a space marine dead or dying :P

edit: xenos either :P imperium only for me ^^

House
01-16-2017, 08:47 PM
not all 40k statues are a must have for me, I won't be purchasing any heretics unless they are beneath a space marine dead or dying :P

:iagree: haha nice!

outlikealight
01-16-2017, 09:08 PM
I am really excited for this. I hope the price points are reasonable.

House
01-16-2017, 09:47 PM
My wallet would seriously be hurting if they released Ultra Marines.

dao2
01-16-2017, 10:15 PM
fair chance :P

i don't think they'll do a 1/4th dread though :P

Bob Morton
01-17-2017, 12:32 AM

edit: xenos either :P imperium only for me ^^

Haha - I like your dedication the the emperor of mankind.
and unfortunately, since this is Prime 1, the prices will not be remotely reasonable.

Guilty
01-17-2017, 01:25 AM
I am really excited for this. I hope the price points are reasonable.

I would assume that 1/4 will be $600 at the very minimum.

dao2
01-17-2017, 02:45 AM
Haha - I like your dedication the the emperor of mankind.
and unfortunately, since this is Prime 1, the prices will not be remotely reasonable.

Haha yeah, I dunno I guess I never really thought that it's weird but it just feels weird/wrong to own something not imperium ;p I only play imperium armies in games too.

I saw some on FB they plan on making them to scale and they prob won't have small bases, so i expect it to be heavy.

batman1180
01-17-2017, 03:33 AM
I would assume that 1/4 will be $600 at the very minimum.

$750 seems to be the pretty standard 1/4 price from P1. Assuming these are going to be big bulky pieces, I would guess closer to 1k when these drop.

equi-nox76
01-17-2017, 10:51 AM
I like the old Weta WH statues too, can't wait what P1S will be showing.

Ulfnar
01-28-2017, 01:26 AM
Wouldn't have been my first choice of statue for the first one, but female statues sell, and anything from imperium of man is going to sell better than Eldar etc.

I just hope the pose they end up doing is more interesting than that artist rendering. She just looks like she's bored standing around waiting for something.

All that being said, I'll probably buy it cause prime 1 quality and warhammer, been playing war40k since 2nd Ed in 1993.

Bob Morton
01-28-2017, 04:54 PM
Wouldn't have been my first choice of statue for the first one, but female statues sell, and anything from imperium of man is going to sell better than Eldar etc.

I just hope the pose they end up doing is more interesting than that artist rendering. She just looks like she's bored standing around waiting for something.

All that being said, I'll probably buy it cause prime 1 quality and warhammer, been playing war40k since 2nd Ed in 1993.

I humbly disagree with you sir. I really like the museum poses for two reasons: first, if you have a series of museum posed statues they look better together than a series of action posed statues together. Why? because a bunch of action posed statues together usually are chaotic and not in compatible fighting positions, which makes it look mismatched. Two, and most importantly, because it takes a lot less space on the shelves!!

dao2
01-28-2017, 05:21 PM
They probably are going to stick with museum poses

Silas Loki
01-28-2017, 06:13 PM
I humbly disagree with you sir. I really like the museum poses for two reasons: first, if you have a series of museum posed statues they look better together than a series of action posed statues together. Why? because a bunch of action posed statues together usually are chaotic and not in compatible fighting positions, which makes it look mismatched. Two, and most importantly, because it takes a lot less space on the shelves!!

I agree. I think action poses are often hit or miss (remember Sideshows Mass Effect Shepard) and who wants to take that risk on characters that you know will only be made in statue format very rarely (at most).

If XM, SS etc take a risk on Hulk, or Spider-Man, or Batman - who cares? You know they'll bring out another one next month (Guaranteed!!) and if they don't, some other company will.....But a Sister of Battle?....This is a one time thing.

Ulfnar
01-29-2017, 12:35 AM
It doesn't have to be an action pose to be more interesting then "arms at sides robotic pose of boringness" . The bolter hefted up on a shoulder or something would look really good. Or the bolter at her side gripping a rosary or holy relic tightly with a look of religious zeal on her face. Something like that, there's no action there, but there's character.

And yes I realize that pose has her gripping her rosary down below, just be nice if that featured more centrally. But I suppose I'll have to reserve full judgement until we actually see what she's going to look like. I just REALLY REALLY want these to be amazing due to how much I've always loved the warhammer lore, I must've read like 35 of their books as well.

I have nothing against museum poses, just super super boring poses that make the subject look like a mannequin or robot.

Bob Morton
01-29-2017, 06:57 PM
It doesn't have to be an action pose to be more interesting then "arms at sides robotic pose of boringness" . The bolter hefted up on a shoulder or something would look really good. Or the bolter at her side gripping a rosary or holy relic tightly with a look of religious zeal on her face. Something like that, there's no action there, but there's character.

And yes I realize that pose has her gripping her rosary down below, just be nice if that featured more centrally. But I suppose I'll have to reserve full judgement until we actually see what she's going to look like. I just REALLY REALLY want these to be amazing due to how much I've always loved the warhammer lore, I must've read like 35 of their books as well.

I have nothing against museum poses, just super super boring poses that make the subject look like a mannequin or robot.

Can't argue with that!

Bob Morton
02-20-2017, 12:51 PM
No update for warhammer at the show?

Guilty
02-20-2017, 01:30 PM
No update for warhammer at the show?

No, far too early.

Ulfnar
02-20-2017, 02:22 PM
Yea, It'd be awesome if there already were prototypes, but i'm not surprised at all since we just learned about this recently.

Besides, I need time to save up all my pennies for all the War40k statues :D.

dao2
02-20-2017, 08:20 PM
same A:P

Ulfnar
03-23-2017, 09:39 PM
I don't know if it's just me, but is anyone else checking constantly for updates about this license? It's almost causing me physical distress with how much I am looking forward to this license getting off the ground.

Zombiez
03-23-2017, 10:16 PM
it's not just you i feel the same thing

Bob Morton
03-24-2017, 12:42 AM
Me too. Very much looking forward to a space marine terminator in its full glory.

dao2
03-25-2017, 03:25 AM
good things are coming hopefully ;p

dao2
05-05-2017, 11:10 PM
anyone hear any new news :D?

Ulfnar
05-05-2017, 11:19 PM
I haven't heard anything :(. God i want these things so badly though, SOOOO many badass character designs to choose from with warhammer 40k.

dao2
05-19-2017, 08:17 PM
has anyone been keeping an eye on the crazy new stuff being announced in the 40k universe? The man from Macragge himself back from stasis raising new and improved primaris space marines :o

https://17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/40k-header.jpg

Ulfnar
05-20-2017, 12:54 AM
has anyone been keeping an eye on the crazy new stuff being announced in the 40k universe? The man from Macragge himself back from stasis raising new and improved primaris space marines :o

https://17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/40k-header.jpg

Lolwut? A non chaos tainted primarch lives again to return the imperium of man to its pre heresy glory days? Praise be to the empreror and glory to his name!

Now all we need is for Russ to return from the eye along with his brothers to help set the galaxy right once more.

And we also need these statues to start showing up so I can buy them.

Silas Loki
05-20-2017, 02:31 AM

Where is this development mentioned? In the new rules?

dao2
05-20-2017, 03:28 PM
Yes in the new 8th gen, though you can google primaris space marines and see they were JUST announced. They are brand new though so information is still coming out. However if you're interested in lore go to the Gulliman's page and scroll down to "Rise of the Primarch" and there is essentially an entire book about this: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Roboute_Guilliman

Basically it pretty much looked like GW sat down and said "how ----ed can we make the Imperium?". And they took everyone's ideas and actually did it :P The gist of the story with the Primaris Marines though is that Big G asked a archmagos dominus (fancy techpriest) named Belisarius Cawl to do some things if he died/fell whatever. One was to take charge of the Emperor's blade that was passed down to him and make some fancy armor.

I'm unsure if he told him to work on the primaris marines in the event of his death or just in general anyways. But essentially he thought that one day the imperium would need a boost and this was it. So Cawl worked on this stuff for a long time, remembered the pact he had and waited for dire day that Gulliman spoke of.

Then all that ---- happened. The 13th black crusade, Cadia fell, mass warp storms, etc etc. The Imperium is in a hella bad position. So Cawl goes, wakes em up with the help of some Eldar, gives him fancy new armor and his Dad's sword back and after sorting out some of the invasion that's happening in Ultramar they go to Terra so Big G can take up his former position and lead the Imperium in these dark times.

It's hella hard, they get lost and ----ed with in the Maelstrom, lotta stuff happens. Eventually they get there, lotta losses you know the drill. Gulliman assumes his title of Lord Commander of the Imperium. Has Gawl bring the geneseed and marines he worked on over the last 10,000 years (yes he was alive during the Horus Heresy, nobody knows how he lived so long).

They're primaris space marines, bigger, badder, faster, etc but really green. Gulliman gives varying amounts to the existing chapters and also the ability to make new ones and also founds some new entire chapters with just the new marines. Some aren't so fond, some are, etc. No word on the chaos having any yet, they are brand new. But some teasers they have showed chaos marines that look like it ><

That's the lead up, as to info about the marines themselves I don't know really yet. They are brand new pretty much. They have a new generation bolter that Cawl designed. They are using new MKX armor with that sexy vox grill you see and it's an amalgamation of all the best parts of the former power armors.

http://pro.bols.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Primaris-Space-Marine-Models-e1494860610673.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYGrIBpE2PI

edit: and HMO just announced the 40k license too.

ComicJesus
05-21-2017, 10:40 AM
I'm not sure why Games Workshop would licence out their properties when they are capable of producing high quality figures, albeit at a much smaller scale. Would it be a distribution issue? I would think the distributors would be on board since the customers are already "collectors". All they would need to do is paint apps and QC, and all the money would be theirs.
Hell, they could even offer unpainted options... think of the possibilities.

dao2
05-21-2017, 12:21 PM
because statues and miniatures are an incredibly different business. It's not the quantities they are used to, it's not steel molds, it's not the same materials, factories, distribution, etc. They don't have any experience in large scale statues and they don't really want to make them. It's not enough money for them to try dabbling their hand in it as it is with most countries. So they're all to happy to let someone else pay for the ability to make them as they their work is minimal, they get more exposure, and they get money for something they weren't going to do anyways.

radizero
05-28-2017, 05:40 PM
Man, there's just so many cool stuff they can do. Primarchs, Marines with diffirent armor and weapons, diffirent chapters...man imagine having a 1/4 Saint Celestine in shining gold...
Good bye money saving days...

ChaFoShizzle
05-28-2017, 06:41 PM
because statues and miniatures are an incredibly different business. It's not the quantities they are used to, it's not steel molds, it's not the same materials, factories, distribution, etc. They don't have any experience in large scale statues and they don't really want to make them. It's not enough money for them to try dabbling their hand in it as it is with most countries. So they're all to happy to let someone else pay for the ability to make them as they their work is minimal, they get more exposure, and they get money for something they weren't going to do anyways.

+1.

dao2
05-28-2017, 08:27 PM
Man, there's just so many cool stuff they can do. Primarchs, Marines with diffirent armor and weapons, diffirent chapters...man imagine having a 1/4 Saint Celestine in shining gold...
Good bye money saving days...

I think a line of heresy era primarchs would be amazing ;p

And the big E himself of course.

+1.

derp I said countries instead of companies :P Sorry!

Ulfnar
05-28-2017, 08:57 PM
A Ghazghkull Thraka by prime1 would be amazing as well outside of all the options they have from the imperium.

I'd really like to see Jain Zar or a female Farseer/warlock as well. I think psykers in general, like librarians, would offer some awesome opportunities for cool effects to be built into the statues as well.

dao2
05-28-2017, 09:02 PM
I'm sure they'll do some for other races as well. And yeah Ghazzie is probably a prime choice for the Orcs same as rowboat himself for the Imperium. The best wouldn't be a bad choice since they'd get to have some artistic license with him and if he did really well there's technically 5 more of them to do :P

radizero
05-28-2017, 10:29 PM
These pieces could potentially be very expensive. I mean a 1/4th scale Marine is still going to be bigger than the majority of 1/4ths out there due to them being much bigger and taller to begin with.

Also, if they make say a Tactical marine, they could include a jump pack, alternative weapons and diffirent pauldron and then suddenly u have an assualt marine. Different portraits would also be cool like Mark 6, sergeant color or nude.

I mean imagine a plasma cannon with light-feature O.o

Shoo
07-29-2017, 09:30 PM
https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20374634_1882028092062906_3092867780878482693_n.jpg?oh=6ca5d8b26bb9856b04e572ded64726dc&oe=59F91D6E

More pics here (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1882027698729612&set=oa.1130348547108928&type=3).

DeadGhostKnight
07-29-2017, 09:31 PM
Holy ---- balls....

PermaGrin
07-29-2017, 09:32 PM
More pics here (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1882027698729612&set=oa.1130348547108928&type=3).
"Sorry, this content isn't available right now
The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in."

What might I not be in?

Something to do with Dawn of War best that I can read.

Commander0Zero
07-29-2017, 09:34 PM
Not into Warhammer but WOW!

dao2
07-29-2017, 09:40 PM
The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in."

What might I not be in?

Something to do with Dawn of War best that I can read.

Yeah it's Gabriel from DOW 3. Which is a shame cause that's by far the worse game of the series and the most cartinoosh looking one (evidenced here). Already less concurrent average users then either of the previous games. Even at half off I regret buying it and wish I could return it :|

DOW2:
http://i.imgur.com/kbH3B83.png

DOW3:
http://pro.bols.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/dow3-marine.jpg

DOW basically ----s over the lore anyways, and as far as stories DOW3's is pretty damn terrible compared to the last one. What happened to the Sister of Battle?

Shoo
07-29-2017, 09:46 PM

What might I not be in?

Oh, right, that's a link to the Prime 1 Collectors Facebook page. Sorry about that.

Boinkzoink
07-29-2017, 10:47 PM
Finally Warhammer 40k!!! And the statue looks AMAZING. But alas, it's based on the Dawn of War games?? And only one statue revealed so far? I'm having mixed feelings now to be honest. Being a long time fan of the tabletop game and it's lore, I'm worried that I won't be able to recognize most of the characters that are based off the PC games. Hopefully P1 can at least focus more on the popular and iconic units, and less on Dawn of War specific characters. I'm still wistfully waiting for the followers of Chaos to make their appearance. I'm thinking Chaos lords, Bloodthirster, Abbadon the Despoiler... (Daydreams)

testsubject25
07-29-2017, 11:03 PM
WOW

Vince_be
07-29-2017, 11:07 PM
lol so much souvenirs ! is this 1/4 or 1/3 ?

dao2
07-30-2017, 12:26 AM
1/3 I guess, though tough to tell with marine scales. Also gabriel went on like crazy steroids in dow3

Silas Loki
07-30-2017, 02:14 AM
https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20374634_1882028092062906_3092867780878482693_n.jpg?oh=6ca5d8b26bb9856b04e572ded64726dc&oe=59F91D6E

Well, that's a ton of cash saved! It's a nice piece, but they've gone down the cartoon route. I was really hoping to see more of the Battle Sister.

Right now, I'm pretty underwhelmed. I can imagine picking up one or two pieces from this line, but that's it. For me, my original prediction stands, and this I.P. works best in the form it was originally intended.

radizero
07-30-2017, 03:02 AM
Ugh....im not sure im feeling this one. It looks a bit cartoony, dunno...
Shame cuz prime1 does so much impressive stuff imo. Why dow3...

dao2
07-30-2017, 03:21 AM
Ugh....im not sure im feeling this one. It looks a bit cartoony, dunno...
Shame cuz prime1 does so much impressive stuff imo. Why dow3...

maybe they had models to print from the games cinematics :|

i am indeed disappointed as well and probably gonna pass on this

hoping hmo will pick up the slack till we see some good stuff from p1, or if wh40k doesn't go further with p1

forps
07-30-2017, 05:20 AM
A bit cartoony ? A bit ? Its the definition of cartoony and rather toyish-looking.

Nahhhhh..... Probably the worst new reveal from Prime1 along with Destro

SONICobra
07-30-2017, 10:14 AM
what do you guys mean by cartoony?

I don't have any interest in this license, but I think it looks great :confused:

Zombiez
07-30-2017, 11:08 AM
I don't know what you people are talking about in here. Taste really must be subjective because if this looks like a cartoon then all these statues must look like a cartoon

Silas Loki
07-30-2017, 11:27 AM
I don't know what you people are talking about in here. Taste really must be subjective because if this looks like a cartoon then all these statues must look like a cartoon

Yes, taste IS really subjective.... that's a fact.

At least when I use the term 'cartoon', I'm referring to the unrealistic proportions that characterise Games Workshop's style being transferred from the 35mm miniatures into the Prime1 statue.

I was hoping they (Prime1) would translate the WH40K I.P. over to a more 'realism' based end product, rather than 'simply' scaling up the miniatures.

If you love the WH40K aesthetics, then great - I would say this statue fits the bill as a stunning centre piece, but this isn't my thing. I will continue to spend the cash building my WH40K army, I don't need an oversized miniature as part of my statue collection.

House
07-30-2017, 12:17 PM

At least when I use the term 'cartoon', I'm referring to the unrealistic proportions that characterise Games Workshop's style being transferred from the 35mm miniatures into the Prime1 statue.

I was hoping they (Prime1) would translate the WH40K I.P. over to a more 'realism' based end product, rather than 'simply' scaling up the miniatures.

If you love the WH40K aesthetics, then great - I would say this statue fits the bill as a stunning centre piece, but this isn't my thing. I will continue to spend the cash building my WH40K army, I don't need an oversized miniature as part of my statue collection.

Very well said! Looks nice, just not appealing to me.

dao2
07-30-2017, 02:49 PM
what do you guys mean by cartoony?

I don't have any interest in this license, but I think it looks great :confused:

Dawn of War 3 went for a far more cartooney look then the normal grimdarkness that comes with WH40k art and such. And nothing characterizes it more with the space marines then Gabriel here with the odd limb proportions, the weird has hell looking "torso" pod and giant oversized frankenstein face.

Again, this is what he looked like in DOW2: http://i.imgur.com/kbH3B83.png

Also if you're a fan of 40k tabletop and lore you probably don't give a ---- about the blood ravens as they are a chapter made for the game and it's really evident, especially in DOW3 which is basically the mass effect andromeda of the series (but also without good gameplay).

If you told me I was going to be disappointed with what P1 would show as their first 40k piece before I saw this I wouldn't have believed you. I am shocked they went with the worst rendition of a character in a game that sold horribly and is doing poorly with a setting full of memorable and better characters. A generic marine would have been a lot better. I hope they still do that SOB that teased before. How did you pick Gabriel over a primarch?!

Normal tartaros armor btw:

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/3/31/WE_Legion_Terminator.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131106183222

chev327fox
07-30-2017, 04:03 PM

I was just recently getting into Warhammer and was looking for actual collectible statues (not table top game figures). Sadly I found nothing until just recently with this and I have to say I like it (but see I found Warhammer through video games like Space Marine and Dawn of War). Also for me the legs are always what looks cartoony in Dawn of War :D

I like the statue... it looks pretty good and I would love to get one but sadly I could never afford this (my max on a statue is $300... maybe $500 if I save up and REALLY want it).

I also think the Emperor or even the Primarchs would be a really cool statue. Also obviously Chaos Marines or Ascended Deamon Princes would be pretty awesome too. But yeah unless they were to do quality 1/6 scale I jut could not afford it (was hoping there were a mid-market lower class affordably statue set to chose from but this franchise is mostly tabletop and they seemed to on one end not be big enough to branch out into statues and or they liked the monopoly on selling official tabletop figures for crazy prices).

As for the "cartoony" thing... this IS the Warhmmer 40k style from what I can tell so it seems odd to buck it. I can see pulling it in a bit (seem they did a bit for the statue like the cinematic, possibility the same model) but not leave the essence of the Space Marine style.

I know people hate the Ultramarines but I love the game Space Marine and would love to get a statue of Captain Titus or even Chaos Lord Nemeroth.

Anyways my 2 cents from a fairly new Warhammer fan and not a tabletop player (just someone who love the lore and some of the games).

dao2
07-30-2017, 04:39 PM
I was just recently getting into Warhammer and was looking for actual collectible statues (not table top game figures). Sadly I found nothing until just recently with this and I have to say I like it (but see I found Warhammer through video games like Space Marine and Dawn of War). Also for me the legs are always what looks cartoony in Dawn of War :D

I like the statue... it looks pretty good and I would love to get one but sadly I could never afford this (my max on a statue is $300... maybe $500 if I save up and REALLY want it).

I also think the Emperor or even the Primarchs would be a really cool statue. Also obviously Chaos Marines or Ascended Deamon Princes would be pretty awesome too. But yeah unless they were to do quality 1/6 scale I jut could not afford it (was hoping there were a mid-market lower class affordably statue set to chose from but this franchise is mostly tabletop and they seemed to on one end not be big enough to branch out into statues and or they liked the monopoly on selling official tabletop figures for crazy prices).

As for the "cartoony" thing... this IS the Warhmmer 40k style from what I can tell so it seems odd to buck it. I can see pulling it in a bit (seem they did a bit for the statue like the cinematic, possibility the same model) but not leave the essence of the Space Marine style.

I know people hate the Ultramarines but I love the game Space Marine and would love to get a statue of Captain Titus or even Chaos Lord Nemeroth.

Anyways my 2 cents from a fairly new Warhammer fan and not a tabletop player (just someone who love the lore and some of the games).

I have no idea if he still does it but there was a guy who made custom 1/6th scale space marines in the past, they were pretty decent. Google if your interested.

chev327fox
07-30-2017, 04:48 PM
I have no idea if he still does it but there was a guy who made custom 1/6th scale space marines in the past, they were pretty decent. Google if your interested.

Na, I already searched and honestly I would prefer an official statue limited run (like they are doing here... just a bit smaller and more affordable). If I had the money I would buy this Gabriel statue as I really like his character (I did not play the Dawn of War game but I watched their stories/cinematics many times over :D and I have played Space Marine many time and watch and rad tons of lore).

Also custom stuff usually ends up being very expensive.

I appreciate the thought though!

dao2
07-30-2017, 04:50 PM
The space marine game, while loads of fun (especially the mp) is hardly lore friendly. A marine, even a captain, killing bloodletters like candy isn't exactly cannon. And corrupted guardsmen being the greatest threat was kinda a joke :P A LOT is done in the name of balance for the videogames. Honestly the one closed to the lore is battlefleet gothic which follows the gothic war surprisingly well (except for the admiral you play). Pretty awesome cinematics too. The cinematics for DOW are kind of a joke. SMs die like they are nothing, and the warlock was underpowered there too. The lore isn't entirely consistent on strength of units, but nowhere are some factions protrayed as weak as they are there and others as strong as they are. Also if you've never been recommended a book and are interested the Eisonhorn one is a great read. And pretty much anything by Dan Abnett (except the script he wrote for the ultramarines movie and Unremembered Empire which were universally hated).

Oh and H.M.O also have the license and plan on doing diorama's (35-40" they said). Which would be very expensive, however if they pieced them out something may fall in your range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INPgubrPpZg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pxdtigmeDY

chev327fox
07-30-2017, 05:04 PM
The space marine game, while loads of fun (especially the mp) is hardly lore friendly. A marine, even a captain, killing bloodletters like candy isn't exactly cannon. And corrupted guardsmen being the greatest threat was kinda a joke :P A LOT is done in the name of balance for the videogames. Honestly the one closed to the lore is battlefleet gothic which follows the gothic war surprisingly well (except for the admiral you play). Pretty awesome cinematics too. The cinematics for DOW are kind of a joke. SMs die like they are nothing, and the warlock was underpowered there too. The lore isn't entirely consistent on strength of units, but nowhere are some factions protrayed as weak as they are there and others as strong as they are. Also if you've never been recommended a book and are interested the Eisonhorn one is a great read. And pretty much anything by Dan Abnett (except the script he wrote for the ultramarines movie which was universally hated).

Yeah I am not sure I would ever say it was the best example of 1: lore adaptation (then again I could care less) but it is a video game. I mean what kind of game would it be if you could not kill the deamons coming at you? A sheit one :D

Also a lot of stuff you are talking, while there can be a general consensus on the range of powers or feats ect, it is fairly subjective with how you interpret the lore in most cases (at least to a certain extent).

Not sure what you mean but the corrupted guardsmen... I do not remember this and I just played the game again not too long ago. Are you thinking of Dawn of War II Rise of Chaos (I remember corrupted guardsmen in that one... the ex-governors mens when they were listening to a champion of Nergul I think in the game)?

Anyways not trying to get into a lore debate... just pointing out that there will always be lore differences and a videogame is a game first so really cannot fault it for that.

dao2
07-30-2017, 05:10 PM
Yeah I am not sure I would ever say it was the best example of 1: lore adaptation (then again I could care less) but it is a video game. I mean what kind of game would it be if you could not kill the deamons coming at you? A sheit one :D

Also a lot of stuff you are talking, while there can be a general consensus on the range of powers or feats ect, it is fairly subjective with how you interpret the lore in most cases (at least to a certain extent).

Not sure what you mean but the corrupted guardsmen... I do not remember this and I just played the game again not too long ago. Are you thinking of Dawn of War II Rise of Chaos (I remember corrupted guardsmen in that one... the ex-governors mens when were listening to a champion of Nergul I think in the game)?

Anyways not trying to get into a lore debate... just pointing out that there will always be lore differences and a videogame is a game first so really cannot fault it for that.

The corrupted guardsmen in space marine. They were probably the scarriest normal enemy in the game cause they actually hurt a fair bit and were ranged and you're ranged sucks. I do understand the need for balance in games, just sayin they are terrible lore representations. I had good fun with space marine and love DOW 1 and 2 even though they aren't lore friendly at all. DOW3 though is just a bad game imo ;| Bad story, bad gameplay (SP and MP).

Also if you're interested in cinematics there's a guy doing a unofficial (but kinda sanctioned) 40k cg film and it's pretty good so far. Voice acting could be better synced and more fitting but overall very nice looking.

Grey Knights teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjaYW5Cnr5k&t=29s
Prologue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pxdtigmeDY

chev327fox
07-30-2017, 05:23 PM
The corrupted guardsmen in space marine. They were probably the scarriest normal enemy in the game cause they actually hurt a fair bit and were ranged and you're ranged sucks. I do understand the need for balance in games, just sayin they are terrible lore representations. I had good fun with space marine and love DOW 1 and 2 even though they aren't lore friendly at all. DOW3 though is just a bad game imo ;| Bad story, bad gameplay (SP and MP).

Also if you're interested in cinematics there's a guy doing a unofficial (but kinda sanctioned) 40k cg film and it's pretty good so far. Voice acting could be better synced and more fitting but overall very nice looking.

Grey Knights teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjaYW5Cnr5k&t=29s
Prologue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pxdtigmeDY

Oh I think I might know what you mean now. The smaller guys with the Chaos Marines and Choas Deamons (I thought they were chaos... um, darn cannot remember.... what are the recruits called again... scouts?)?

But yes I agree games are not the best place for lore to be accurate especially when it has anything to do with the actual gameplay (anything in the lore that will make a bad game would just be tweaked or not used).

But on the other hand Space Marines are built up as almost nigh unstoppable war machines that consistently overcome overwhelming odds.

I actually loved the story and cinematics/voice acting for Dawn of War III. I personally think people hate the changes to the gameplay/game so much it has made them hate everything else about it without realizing it, even the good parts. The voice acting in DoWIII is top notch and I really like those stop motion cinematics... I think that is a really neat way to do them.

Yeah I have seen those. Pretty amazing for basically a couple guys (mostly one from the looks of the credits). Some of the acting is a bit weird (the facial stuff looks off for the younger Inquisitor... uncanny valley type off sometimes with the lip tracking/expression as you point out, but overall extremely impressive). The space marines in that video are out of proportion though I think (I have read 2 different heights... 9ft which is rare to see and the one most seem to agree on is 7ft, but the ones in that video were like 10ft+ I bet).

Something I should point out is I love the bulky style... see here is my favorite videogame character and probably why I really like the Space Marines look (pretty similar in bulky style actually):

http://img.cadnav.com/allimg/161230/cadnav-161230201950.jpg

BTW... thanks for the Warhammer Gothic Armada cutscnese link... I am going to watch them later as the trailer and the start of it was really good :D I still like DoWIII cutscenes and story though :D
As for the Armada game that is just not king of game... does look epic though.

Silverine
07-30-2017, 06:30 PM
was kinda hoping warhammer sisters of battle first, o well

dao2
07-30-2017, 06:31 PM
Oh I think I might know what you mean now. The smaller guys with the Chaos Marines and Choas Deamons (I thought they were chaos... um, darn cannot remember.... what are the recruits called again... scouts?)?

But yes I agree games are not the best place for lore to be accurate especially when it has anything to do with the actual gameplay (anything in the lore that will make a bad game would just be tweaked or not used).

But on the other hand Space Marines are built up as almost nigh unstoppable war machines that consistently overcome overwhelming odds.

I actually loved the story and cinematics/voice acting for Dawn of War III. I personally think people hate the changes to the gameplay/game so much it has made them hate everything else about it without realizing it, even the good parts. The voice acting in DoWIII is top notch and I really like those stop motion cinematics... I think that is a really neat way to do them.

Yeah I have seen those. Pretty amazing for basically a couple guys (mostly one from the looks of the credits). Some of the acting is a bit weird (the facial stuff looks off for the younger Inquisitor... uncanny valley type off sometimes with the lip tracking/expression, but overall extremely impressive). The space marines in that video are out of proportion though I think (I have read 2 different heights... 9ft which is rare to see and the one most seem to agree on is 7ft, but the ones in that video were like 10ft+ I bet).

Something I should point out is I love the bulky style... see here is my favorite videogame character (pretty similar in bulky style actually):

http://img.cadnav.com/allimg/161230/cadnav-161230201950.jpg

Most of the armor in DOW3 isn't too bad, but the characters are greatly exaggerated versions like Gaberial here :| His arms and legs are too thin and it looks like he's wearing a ball from gundam as his torso armor :P As I posted above what tartaros armor is supposed to look like looks a lot better imo :| The proprotions in your image are more like normal SMs, Gabriel is too gangly.

Chaos chapters don't actually have any scouts as scouts are just neophytes/recruits which the chaos SM chapters don't use. Also they the scouts still use bolt rifles (most of the time, or shotguns/meltas etc) as opposed to las guns).

The gameplay between DOW and DOW2 was massively different however it was still well received so I don't think it can be attributed to just the change. Just really the dumbing down of the RTS formula and moba-fying it.

chev327fox
07-30-2017, 06:50 PM
was kinda hoping warhammer sisters of battle first, o well

Are they only making one? usually they do a set or line of them... right? Not really sure but I thought so (but yeah the fact is took from the game franchise might mean that was all the got the rights to? hope not but really I have not dog in this fight as I cannot afford these statues).

Most of the armor in DOW3 isn't too bad, but the characters are greatly exaggerated versions like Gaberial here :| His arms and legs are too thin and it looks like he's wearing a ball from gundam as his torso armor :P As I posted above what tartaros armor is supposed to look like looks a lot better imo :| The proprotions in your image are more like normal SMs, Gabriel is too gangly.

Chaos chapters don't actually have any scouts as scouts are just neophytes/recruits which the chaos SM chapters don't use. Also they the scouts still use bolt rifles (most of the time, or shotguns/meltas etc) as opposed to las guns).

The gameplay between DOW and DOW2 was massively different however it was still well received so I don't think it can be attributed to just the change. Just really the dumbing down of the RTS formula and moba-fying it.

My image was War from Darksiders :D Was just showing you a character I like from a different series and why I like Space Marines. But I did type a lot so I forgive you if you did not read it all :D

Oh, so what happened to the neophites/scouts who were part of the traitor legions when they switched? Did the chaos just make them into space marines automatically at that point? Seems like a plot hole.... or did they just kill them off as weak?

Yes, the backlash of the "dumbing down" of the gameplay that so many die-hard fans feel is what i think is coloring how they see the story and the rest of it. They hate the change so much they cannot help but hate the rest of it... I honestly think that is what is happening with most people (and also becasue of this it is super popular/hipster to hate on DoWIII right now).

Ranz
07-30-2017, 07:13 PM
Purely as an art piece i really like this ...I admit i don't follow the game or table top but only know of it through a death metal band i love Bolt Thrower who used the artwork on their album covers ...But this looks really cool

dao2
07-30-2017, 07:51 PM
Are they only making one? usually they do a set or line of them... right? Not really sure but I thought so (but yeah the fact is took from the game franchise might mean that was all the got the rights to? hope not but really I have not dog in this fight as I cannot afford these statues).

Yes they did show off a SOB before, though it was a sculpt from someone done previously that they were re-purposing. Which is fine with me as it looked great. Wether that fell through with the original artist or that they decided to failbriel angelos thinking that it would appeal both to TT and DOW fans or that GW decided to have them market a failing game for a boost I'm not sure.

My image was War from Darksiders :D Was just showing you a character I like from a different series and why I like Space Marines. But I did type a lot so I forgive you if you did not read it all :D

Oh, so what happened to the neophites/scouts who were part of the traitor legions when they switched? Did the chaos just make them into space marines automatically at that point? Seems like a plot hole.... or did they just kill them off as weak?

Yes, the backlash of the "dumbing down" of the gameplay that so many die-hard fans feel is what i think is coloring how they see the story and the rest of it. They hate the change so much they cannot help but hate the rest of it... I honestly think that is what is happening with most people (and also becasue of this it is super popular/hipster to hate on DoWIII right now).

I am familiar with War and his brothers (and sister I guess) from darksiders. They do have a relatively similar physic to space marines.

In regards to dumbing down the game it's not just that. It was dumbing it down to a detriment. For example the original DOW is hardly a tactical game. It's a lot of mindless fun, kinda like Starcraft. It's a very dumbed down RTS. However it is probably the most loved of the series since it's a lot of fum. However DOW3 was dumbed down and not in a good way to the opinion of most. I think the concurrent users for the game speaks for itself, even though it just came out it's already lower in average concurrent users then either of the DOW games. I certainly wish I didn't buy it. It's popular to hate on it cause it's crap. I mean people had high hopes however when I first saw gameplay I was like "wow this looks like a pile of crap".

A lot of things change. For example the new Zelda game is WILDLY different the all the others and people LOVE it. There is a lot of people ready to hate on something if it changes and does poorly because they think they should have stuck to the forumla. However if it changed and was good they'll be like "*PHEW* glad they didn't ---- it up". This isn't one of those. They ----ed it up, big time.

It's popular to hate on because it's bad and people like jumping on the bandwagon. For example a lot of people jumped on the band wagon for hating No Man's Sky. Yes it was popular to hate on, but it became that way because the game does in fact suck and misrepresented itself massively.

As for why Chaos had no scouts there are quite a few reasons for that. Did they have scouts originally? Not really, as it was before the chapter days when the legions turned to chaos. And since then the legions were broken up into chapters and that's how they recruit. However the chaos recruit in different ways depending on the legion, ranging from not replacing at all, to growing them entirely, and a lot of them rely on Fabious Bile's work. But essentially they don't have neophytes in the same way the regular chapters do. I'm not actually 100% sure of this answer but I don't believe the legions recruited during the Great Crusade, essentially being at full strength and having better things and it could wait till afterwards. If you are interested in the lore and have such questions though there is a great subreddit for it: https://www.reddit.com/r/40kLore/

If you're not aware the setting is over 10,000 years away from the original Horus Heresy which happened around 30,000. The Chaos marines still operate on the original legions while the Imperium follow the Codex Astartes and broke up into 1,000 man chapters. Each chapter cannot go above 1,000 marines strong (for the most part, some awesome chapters like the wolves and black templars make their own rules and during crusades :P). The Codex being written by Papa Ultra Smurf himself who, now that he is back, is actively ignoring it like Christians ignore the old testament :P

Silas Loki
07-31-2017, 11:27 AM

It's the GW style of modelling, it's not necessarily the definitive style of WH40K! Take a look at the source books, novels and near enough ALL the supporting format, and there is a wide degree of interpretive art, ranging from the 'cartoon' through to ultra realism.

There was no reason to expect these statues to adhere to any particular form of interpretation. I had hoped, based on Prime1 past work, that it would tend towards the realistic side of things. It doesn't, so I'm done (at least for this statue).

It's still a great piece of work, and I will certainly keep you eye on how this license progresses!!!

dao2
07-31-2017, 12:26 PM
Their artwork doesn't tend to be like the miniatures much except for a lot of the old rogue trader stuff. In regards to this it is pretty faithful to Gabriel in dow3. I wouldn't be surprised to hear it's a print from his model in one of the cinematics. His design in general in dow3 is just crap.

PermaGrin
07-31-2017, 02:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InAWoA3FaDk

warcraft lul

Zombiez
07-31-2017, 03:06 PM
A realistic space marine would be no space marines at all because you can't keep the design aesthetic of Warhammer 40K and make things realistic. If you change the look of the space marines they won't be instantly identifiable as Space Marines.

The armours are just too big and ridiculous in fact the hole setting of Warhammer is so grimdark that it's ridiculous.

PermaGrin
07-31-2017, 04:15 PM
I think their illustrations from the Codex (rule books) have a slightly more realistic take than the game's art.

Part of the reasoning to the game's art is proportions and ability to be recognized.

One of the (many) rules for game art is stuff like silhouette. Due to size and distance there is a decent chance that they "softened" up and enlarged from of their design aspects to be noticed froma top down / isometric RTS view.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-490S7qdSqxQ/Um5Kz-EnF9I/AAAAAAAAER0/r15-L80tNuU/s1600/Sentinels_Of_Terra.png
While not a "main" guy, this marine's armor seems more "realistic" than this Gab piece.

Bring on a WarBoss or some Tyranids

Bob Morton
07-31-2017, 04:21 PM
Is the new Gabriel statue 1/4 or 1/3? Thank you.

dao2
07-31-2017, 04:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InAWoA3FaDk

warcraft lul

hahaha

A realistic space marine would be no space marines at all because you can't keep the design aesthetic of Warhammer 40K and make things realistic. If you change the look of the space marines they won't be instantly identifiable as Space Marines.

The armours are just too big and ridiculous in fact the hole setting of Warhammer is so grimdark that it's ridiculous.

There's a difference between the artwork and the miniatures however. The miniatures are very much made it varying proportions and scales to accommodate the game. In terms of what they "actually" look like people reference the art work, which is on everything from rule book and codexs to books and comics.

I think their illustrations from the Codex (rule books) have a slightly more realistic take than the game's art.

Part of the reasoning to the game's art is proportions and ability to be recognized.

One of the (many) rules for game art is stuff like silhouette. Due to size and distance there is a decent chance that they "softened" up and enlarged from of their design aspects to be noticed froma top down / isometric RTS view.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-490S7qdSqxQ/Um5Kz-EnF9I/AAAAAAAAER0/r15-L80tNuU/s1600/Sentinels_Of_Terra.png
While not a "main" guy, this marine's armor seems more "realistic" than this Gab piece.

Bring on a WarBoss or some Tyranids

Gorgutz looks equally stupid in DOW3 :|

https://www.dawnofwar.com/content/img/Nj5G8C0cj0tw7yqf-92b404e556588ced6c1acd4ebf053f6809f73a93.jpg
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/16/dec/gorgutz8.jpg

If it's all DOW3 I look forward to nothing from this line :| I hope H.M.O can pick up the slack.

Is the new Gabriel statue 1/4 or 1/3? Thank you.

It looks 1/3, though probably not true 1/3 though. Especially with Gabriel which turned to stupid size in DOW3 (3.5 meters when the average SM is 2 meters and change).

Silas Loki
07-31-2017, 05:54 PM

A simple Google search debunks that theory....

Bob Morton
07-31-2017, 06:08 PM

I agree. Looking at all the other pictures that were posted to debunk your statement makes me notice that realistic looking space marines do not have the bulky feel that I love about space marines. Realistic if looking space marines look like anorexic HIV ravaged space marines. Bulky unrealistic space marines are the way to go. I actually like this Gabriel statue. I have never played DOW 3.

PermaGrin
07-31-2017, 06:12 PM
I dont mind it either, just not a fan of unhelmed marines. :p
Plus I would want to waste my money on more of a firearm version. Or Chainsword with a shield.

I was a sucker for Orcs in WoW cause they rocked the biggest shoulders.

plus check out 40k cosplay, people made some neat armor

Silas Loki
07-31-2017, 07:43 PM
I agree. Looking at all the other pictures that were posted to debunk your statement makes me notice that realistic looking space marines do not have the bulky feel that I love about space marines. Realistic if looking space marines look like anorexic HIV ravaged space marines. Bulky unrealistic space marines are the way to go. I actually like this Gabriel statue. I have never played DOW 3.

That's cool, everyone likes something different. I don't, personally, want this line to fail, as I'm hoping that they might produce something I do want, like the Soroitas or an Elder Banshee or Farseer....or heaven help me, an Assassin....

dao2
07-31-2017, 09:37 PM

I think you need to look again :P His chest is huge but his limbs are actually crazy thin for how long they are, and they are super far away from his body. His is some mutant freak of nature to fit like that :|

As I posted a couple pages back, this is what tartaros armor is actually supposed to look like

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/3/31/WE_Legion_Terminator.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131106183222

Bob Morton
07-31-2017, 09:41 PM
I think you need to look again :P His chest is huge but his limbs are actually crazy thin for how long they are, and they are super far away from his body. His is some mutant freak of nature to fit like that :|

As I posted a couple pages back, this is what tartaros armor is actually supposed to look like

I am sorry but I really like it to be honest. It is probably not realistic but you need to suspend your disbelief and put aside proper anatomy to enjoy this piece, just like the miniatures really. In fact I think they managed to bring the miniatures to the 1/4 scale. Just my opinion. I understand people don't like the comic look but I think it works perfect for 40k. Now hoping they do all the Primarchs and emperor.

dao2
07-31-2017, 10:18 PM
I am sorry but I really like it to be honest. It is probably not realistic but you need to suspend your disbelief and put aside proper anatomy to enjoy this piece, just like the miniatures really. In fact I think they managed to bring the miniatures to the 1/4 scale. Just my opinion. I understand people don't like the comic look but I think it works perfect for 40k. Now hoping they do all the Primarchs and emperor.

DOW3 has it's own cartoony art style, especially for it's hero characters. There is not a single miniature that looks like that.

This is what tartaros armor in the miniature style looks like.

http://i.imgur.com/SK5lonp.jpg

Wanna know what his miniature looks like? Here:

https://17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/FWGabrielAngelosPreview7d.jpg

This looks nothing like that. So it's not faithful to the miniature. Though the miniature also has issues, namely the giant as head which is usually the opposite problem (large armor, tiny head) for marines. But the armor in this model is not faithful to the artwork, the lore, the miniatures or anything but DOW3.

NOTHING on the table top or artwork looks like Gabriel in DOW3 does. They wanted a DOW3 piece and they certainly achieved that. He looks exactly like a DOW3 rendition of Gabriel. However being that DOW3 is hated by gamers (it has less than 600 average concurrent users already, just a couple months and the other 2 games years old have more than that).

The chapter is pretty much ---- on by lore enthusiasts and I don't know anybody who plays the TT who really likes him. Wanna know what people think of his mini? Here you go! https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/6dnqkk/gabriel_angelosofficial_model/ Like I said it's a perfect rendition of Gabriel from DOW3. However nobody but critics really liked it (as a sorta "it's not that bad!"(. Nobody is really carying about anatomy except you. I said that because you brought up anorexic hiv marines. I think terminator armor looks cool as hell but there's no way there's a marine in there. There's a difference between goofy and unrealistic :|

It's fine if you like it. However you keep asserting that it's somehow faithful to the game when it in no way is. It's not like the artwork, it's not like the miniatures. It's like DOW3, which has nothing that looks like it and was a commercial flop (cause it's a ---- game). So if you want it to be honest, you should probably look at something from the actual tabletop instead of making stuff up to fit :P

If they did the primachs it would be either from the art or the forgeworld minis, neither of which look as dumb as gabriel.

You can say you like him all you want, and that's fine. But from your comments it doesn't seem like you are familiar with the tabletop game, lore, and by your own admission never played DOW3. So if you want this appeal to not-fans of the license sure, have at it.

Zombiez
07-31-2017, 10:43 PM
It looks pretty faithful to me.... but there will always be people with picky eyes just like when the guts statue came out people said he was out of proportion which was a ridiculous claim. A similar thing seems to be happening with this statue

dao2
07-31-2017, 10:56 PM
His arm and leg armor are both shorter and much thicker on the miniature... And his chest plate is vastly different in shape and size :|

edit: I'll stop now, I've -----ed more than enough :P Sorry if I went a little (or a lot) too hard. I'm just very disappointed and afraid it'll get cancelled if this doesn't sell well. I've been wanting a large scale marine for over a decade and as much as I feel like I should give up and get this I know I'd just look at it and be bitter. Even before I got into this hobby and knew it existed I wanted forgeworld to make another better one then their old one (and also cheaper then their aftermarket prices for it, little did I know how much this ---- costs though). So this hit me in the feels pretty hard, especially after the awesome sister they showed earlier.

Nextlevel99
07-31-2017, 11:39 PM

Hi everyone i spoke Prime1 team Warhammer project artistic are pretty much control by game workshop. As Prime 1 try to change a bit realistic but it was reject by them. They want specific looking that could not be change.

Bob Morton
07-31-2017, 11:40 PM
Well at the end of the day I am really happy to have a terminator clad space marine statue. I never thought the day would come when I would see such a thing given games workshops IP policy. So I am very happy about that. Would I have preferred some other 40k statue? Absolutely, but beggars can't be choosers and I am just happy that anything 40k is being done in 1/4 scale. Not to mention by such a quality company as prime 1 studio.

dao2
07-31-2017, 11:45 PM
Hi everyone i spoke Prime1 team Warhammer project artistic are pretty much control by game workshop. As Prime 1 try to change a bit realistic but it was reject by them. They want specific looking that could not be change.

Do you know if the sister of battle they showed before rejected?

Well at the end of the day I am really happy to have a terminator clad space marine statue. I never thought the day would come when I would see such a thing given games workshops IP policy. So I am very happy about that. Would I have preferred some other 40k statue? Absolutely, but beggars can't be choosers and I am just happy that anything 40k is being done in 1/4 scale. Not to mention by such a quality company as prime 1 studio.

They have laxed their ip policy a lot lately, largely cause they tanked in 2015.

Nextlevel99
08-01-2017, 12:25 AM
[QUOTE=dao2;5487061]Do you know if the sister of battle they showed before rejected?

Battle Sister is still in development but we may different from what i heard. Game Workshop have a lot input on the models accuracy adding extra details will be no go.

dao2
08-01-2017, 12:31 AM
Do you know if the sister of battle they showed before rejected?

Battle Sister is still in development but we may different from what i heard. Game Workshop have a lot input on the models accuracy adding extra details will be no go.

Thanks for the info! I don't mind if it's accurate. I know that was more of an original concept and wasn't accurate. It was a pretty badass concept but I would still be definitely interested in something more accurate as well. No SOB in DOW3 :P I feel like any of the classic characters would come out great.

Silas Loki
08-01-2017, 02:18 AM
It looks pretty faithful to me.... but there will always be people with picky eyes just like when the guts statue came out people said he was out of proportion which was a ridiculous claim. A similar thing seems to be happening with this statue

I see this sentiment a lot on the forums, where opposing opinions are labeled as ridiculous or "picky" - and of course, the opinions of those applying those labels is 100% valid and accurate. Just stop, there's no need. There's no right or wrong to this.

And, assuming the above is true / accurate, this is the last nail in the coffin (for me). I know this level of control is probably true for every license out there, but I've got a sneaky suspicion that GW might be a bit more controlling then most when it comes to the look and feel of any derivative product.

:) Still on the positive side, I can focus on The Witcher and Cyberpunk 2077 (when that comes out).....first world problems :D

Ulfnar
08-01-2017, 08:59 AM
I think it looks pretty badass. Looks very warhammer to me, the paints i think could be a little darker with more grittiness to it which i think may be fueling the "it looks cartoonish" to a degree.

This thing is going to be expensive, so i'm hoping for a helmeted switch out head or some other options and add ons to it like most of Prime 1s series. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the line which hopefully isn't just restricted to the DoW games.

Bob Morton
08-01-2017, 09:13 AM
I think it looks pretty badass. Looks very warhammer to me, the paints i think could be a little darker with more grittiness to it which i think may be fueling the "it looks cartoonish" to a degree.

This thing is going to be expensive, so i'm hoping for a helmeted switch out head or some other options and add ons to it like most of Prime 1s series. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the line which hopefully isn't just restricted to the DoW games.

Helmet switch out for the head would be amazing.

dao2
08-01-2017, 09:26 AM
Gabriel never wears a helmet in dow3 I believe.

Bob Morton
08-01-2017, 05:50 PM
Gabriel never wears a helmet in dow3 I believe.

That is very unfortunate! I love the terminator helmets. Would also help those that do not like the comic book looking head.

Bob Morton
08-01-2017, 05:51 PM
By the way - all 40k fans should be playing Sanctus Reach on PC. Awesome game.

dao2
08-01-2017, 06:31 PM
That is very unfortunate! I love the terminator helmets. Would also help those that do not like the comic book looking head.

It would help, and tartaros termie armor does have a cool looking head, but it's not the classic termie head you may be used too

By the way - all 40k fans should be playing Sanctus Reach on PC. Awesome game.

don't watch the trailer though :P

chev327fox
08-04-2017, 10:52 AM
It's the GW style of modelling, it's not necessarily the definitive style of WH40K! Take a look at the source books, novels and near enough ALL the supporting format, and there is a wide degree of interpretive art, ranging from the 'cartoon' through to ultra realism.

There was no reason to expect these statues to adhere to any particular form of interpretation. I had hoped, based on Prime1 past work, that it would tend towards the realistic side of things. It doesn't, so I'm done (at least for this statue).

It's still a great piece of work, and I will certainly keep you eye on how this license progresses!!!

I disagree but that is just a matter of opinion/perspective. Even the pics you posted are not "realistic" really. If anything the armor was slightly minimized (but if you look at regular humans in full armor and they look realistic in the way you mean I think... but they are no Space Marines)... but I see that is partly what you mean by realism (though the truth is, I think, to have really strong armor against weapons they face the armor needs to be that big and that thick).

Also when I said it was the style I did not necessarily mean the models (actually I did not mean them at all). I was referring to 99% of the artwork and media attached to the franchsie. Even DoWIII had Games Works Shop's approval (which means they probably helped and signed of on all the designs you do not like... so basically in my honest opinion that kind of means you do not like Warhammer's style).

We just see it differently I suppose. For example I liked the style of Star Wars the Force Awakens... but some people (even George Lucas) wanted it to be updated ascetically to modernize it... but to me, and most other fans, it would no longer be Star Wars. Just like if you were to slap minimalistic/realistic armor on the Space Marine they would not longer look like Space Marines.

Yes they did show off a SOB before, though it was a sculpt from someone done previously that they were re-purposing. Which is fine with me as it looked great. Wether that fell through with the original artist or that they decided to failbriel angelos thinking that it would appeal both to TT and DOW fans or that GW decided to have them market a failing game for a boost I'm not sure.

Yeah not sure either.

I am familiar with War and his brothers (and sister I guess) from darksiders. They do have a relatively similar physic to space marines.

In regards to dumbing down the game it's not just that. It was dumbing it down to a detriment. For example the original DOW is hardly a tactical game. It's a lot of mindless fun, kinda like Starcraft. It's a very dumbed down RTS. However it is probably the most loved of the series since it's a lot of fum. However DOW3 was dumbed down and not in a good way to the opinion of most. I think the concurrent users for the game speaks for itself, even though it just came out it's already lower in average concurrent users then either of the DOW games. I certainly wish I didn't buy it. It's popular to hate on it cause it's crap. I mean people had high hopes however when I first saw gameplay I was like "wow this looks like a pile of crap".

A lot of things change. For example the new Zelda game is WILDLY different the all the others and people LOVE it. There is a lot of people ready to hate on something if it changes and does poorly because they think they should have stuck to the forumla. However if it changed and was good they'll be like "*PHEW* glad they didn't ---- it up". This isn't one of those. They ----ed it up, big time.

It's popular to hate on because it's bad and people like jumping on the bandwagon. For example a lot of people jumped on the band wagon for hating No Man's Sky. Yes it was popular to hate on, but it became that way because the game does in fact suck and misrepresented itself massively.

As for why Chaos had no scouts there are quite a few reasons for that. Did they have scouts originally? Not really, as it was before the chapter days when the legions turned to chaos. And since then the legions were broken up into chapters and that's how they recruit. However the chaos recruit in different ways depending on the legion, ranging from not replacing at all, to growing them entirely, and a lot of them rely on Fabious Bile's work. But essentially they don't have neophytes in the same way the regular chapters do. I'm not actually 100% sure of this answer but I don't believe the legions recruited during the Great Crusade, essentially being at full strength and having better things and it could wait till afterwards. If you are interested in the lore and have such questions though there is a great subreddit for it: https://www.reddit.com/r/40kLore/

If you're not aware the setting is over 10,000 years away from the original Horus Heresy which happened around 30,000. The Chaos marines still operate on the original legions while the Imperium follow the Codex Astartes and broke up into 1,000 man chapters. Each chapter cannot go above 1,000 marines strong (for the most part, some awesome chapters like the wolves and black templars make their own rules and during crusades :P). The Codex being written by Papa Ultra Smurf himself who, now that he is back, is actively ignoring it like Christians ignore the old testament :P

Yeah War is similar for sure... the rest are not.

Yes I know why people hate DoWIII ;) But yet again I was saying the cutscenes and story are pretty good and I am saying that the fact you, and many others, hate the game so much it makes you hate everything about it (even the good cinematics and okay story... that the official IP holder signs off on and probably has a pretty strong hand in designing).

You told me the the Warhammer Armada Gothic had way better story and cutscnes... this is just not true from my perspective (overall it is boring after the first couple times... except that badass Chaos opening with the crone and Abbadon, that alone is amazing and I could watch it 100 times). The story is more epic if only forthe fact is deals with a Black Crusade and Abbadon the Despoiler (not a really fair comparison story wise). BUT even with that awesome setting the only parts of the story and cinematic that were really cool were the Chaos ones (and the animation you made fun of in DoWIII's cinemtics Armada does TON of and even with only art instead of models). Just saying I personally think you are jut not seeing those tow clearly (you like one game and hate the other... I feel this is why the bias).

Mostly just my opinion on that stuff though.

As for scouts I was not aware they did not recruit during the crusade. Seems odd to just say "Well we lost 10,000 men last battle, lets just move forward an see if we can conquer the rest of this war without replenishing our ranks... will be a sweet game.". So you are saying Chapters recruit... Legions never did. Got it... but again this does not make sense.

Yeah I know about the crusade and the the Horus Heresy after which Robert Guillimen wrote the Codex which shattered the Legions so that no Primarch or Chapter Master could hold sway over so many again.

Silas Loki
08-04-2017, 03:02 PM
I disagree but that is just a matter of opinion/perspective. Even the pics you posted are not "realistic" really. If anything the armor was slightly minimized (but if you look at regular humans in full armor and they look realistic in the way you mean I think... but they are no Space Marines)... but I see that is partly what you mean by realism (though the truth is, I think, to have really strong armor against weapons they face the armor needs to be that big and that thick).

Also when I said it was the style I did not necessarily mean the models (actually I did not mean them at all). I was referring to 99% of the artwork and media attached to the franchsie. Even DoWIII had Games Works Shop's approval (which means they probably helped and signed of on all the designs you do not like... so basically in my honest opinion that kind of means you do not like Warhammer's style).

We just see it differently I suppose. For example I liked the style of Star Wars the Force Awakens... but some people (even George Lucas) wanted it to be updated ascetically to modernize it... but to me, and most other fans, it would no longer be Star Wars. Just like if you were to slap minimalistic/realistic armor on the Space Marine they would not longer look like Space Marines.

Yes, to an extent, I agree with you. Using the term realistic is sub optimal when referring to a fantasy setting.

chev327fox
08-04-2017, 03:15 PM
Yes, to an extent, I agree with you. Using the term realistic is sub optimal when referring to a fantasy setting.

Yeah I agree... but I think I know what you mean (more minimilistic, more refined and less bulky and gaudy... even a bit more proportional and tactically realistic... like fixing not being able to see to your side and behind in the armor becasue of the huge shoulder pads and the massive pack).

But yeah... just a point of view thing as we both agree :thumb:

dao2
08-04-2017, 04:16 PM
Yes I know why people hate DoWIII ;) But yet again I was saying the cutscenes and story are pretty good and I am saying that the fact you, and many others, hate the game so much it makes you hate everything about it (even the good cinematics and okay story... that the official IP holder signs off on and probably has a pretty strong hand in designing).

I've actually tried watching some of the DOW3 cutscenes, I don't like them. Also when talking the pauses between characters is really long :| The story itself wasn't very good IMO. For real Gorgutz just went up to Makka and was like, it's cool I'll listen to you? There are instances where orks have "made deals" with other races but they are few and far between and nothing like this.

You told me the the Warhammer Armada Gothic had way better story and cutscnes... this is just not true from my perspective (overall it is boring after the first couple times... except that badass Chaos opening with the crone and Abbadon, that alone is amazing and I could watch it 100 times). The story is more epic if only forthe fact is deals with a Black Crusade and Abbadon the Despoiler (not a really fair comparison story wise). BUT even with that awesome setting the only parts of the story and cinematic that were really cool were the Chaos ones (and the animation you made fun of in DoWIII's cinemtics Armada does TON of and even with only art instead of models). Just saying I personally think you are jut not seeing those tow clearly (you like one game and hate the other... I feel this is why the bias).

I specifically said that if you like 40k cinematics you should give them a watch not that they are better (but I am saying now, they are better, quality of quantity). And that it was the only 40k game that really follows the actual lore as it's following the 12th black crusade. There aren't a lot of cutscenes (there's like 20 minutes as opposed to DOW IIs hour plus). I do like the story A LOT better, but then I again I acutally know the lore behind the gothic war so that's probably some help in my regard. The cinematics themselves is indeed just cutboard art (though DOW3 makes heavy use of this, or in engine cutscenes which IMO are worse cause they look like ----). And yes I think you could very much say it's a matter of opinion as most people think all of the DOW stories aren't up to snuff to the normal lore, and DOW3 in particular is the worst. Especially when you stack it up against something like the Gothic War.

As for scouts I was not aware they did not recruit during the crusade. Seems odd to just say "Well we lost 10,000 men last battle, lets just move forward an see if we can conquer the rest of this war without replenishing our ranks... will be a sweet game.". So you are saying Chapters recruit... Legions never did. Got it... but again this does not make sense.

Yeah I know about the crusade and the the Horus Heresy after which Robert Guillimen wrote the Codex which shattered the Legions so that no Primarch or Chapter Master could hold sway over so many again.

There would be very few battles, if any, where 10,000 marines were lost. Space marine chapters today are only 1,000 marines. They are VERY elite units. One thing you also have to understand about the legions is that they weren't just space marines. They had direct control over a large host of military forces that included ships and normal infantrymen which they also regularly replaced. Also in terms of the time scale the great crusade that involved the Astartes was pretty quick and pretty much always at the forefront so they may not have had time to recruit.

Replacing a SM is a lengthy process. It's not quick and they were essentially constantly moving. And it is possible they did recruit, however I'm not sure as I said (as on the 40k lore subreddit!) If the did it was not likely through neophytes and scouts. They probably would have just been trained as they were during the first founding since scouts and neophytes are used just because most chapters need the numbers.

chev327fox
08-04-2017, 04:39 PM
I've actually tried watching some of the DOW3 cutscenes, I don't like them. Also when talking the pauses between characters is really long :| The story itself wasn't very good IMO. For real Gorgutz just went up to Makka and was like, it's cool I'll listen to you? There are instances where orks have "made deals" with other races but they are few and far between and nothing like this.

Fair enough, I still stand by my statement that I think most do no like the good parts becasue they dislike the gameplay changes so much. We will just have to agree to disagree on this.

Gorguts was working with the Chaos leader in Dawn of War II so I do not find it all that odd. Also Gorgutz, like all orks, just wants a grand Waagh and loot. She offered him a grander war and the grandest of loot... seems like he would take that bait to me.

I specifically said that if you like 40k cinematics you should give them a watch not that they are better (but I am saying now, they are better, quality of quantity). And that it was the only 40k game that really follows the actual lore as it's following the 12th black crusade. There aren't a lot of cutscenes (there's like 20 minutes as opposed to DOW IIs hour plus). I do like the story A LOT better, but then I again I acutally know the lore behind the gothic war so that's probably some help in my regard. The cinematics themselves is indeed just cutboard art (though DOW3 makes heavy use of this, or in engine cutscenes which IMO are worse cause they look like ----). And yes I think you could very much say it's a matter of opinion as most people think all of the DOW stories aren't up to snuff to the normal lore, and DOW3 in particular is the worst. Especially when you stack it up against something like the Gothic War.

I can go back and find it if you want... you might not have said those exact words, as I was paraphrasing, but you made it sound like they had done it right where DoWIII had done it wrong (again you may not have said this in those exact words but that is how I took it).

EDIT: Went and check, this is what you said in order in the same paragraph... very hard to say that is not what you meant: "Honestly the one closed to the lore is battlefleet gothic which follows the gothic war surprisingly well (except for the admiral you play). Pretty awesome cinematics too. The cinematics for DOW are kind of a joke."

There aren't a lot of cutscenes (there's like 20 minutes as opposed to DOW IIs hour plus). I do like the story A LOT better, but then I again I acutally know the lore behind the gothic war so that's probably some help in my regard. The cinematics themselves is indeed just cutboard art (though DOW3 makes heavy use of this, or in engine cutscenes which IMO are worse cause they look like ----). And yes I think you could very much say it's a matter of opinion as most people think all of the DOW stories aren't up to snuff to the normal lore, and DOW3 in particular is the worst. Especially when you stack it up against something like the Gothic War.

Yes, as I already said I believe the story is better as it has an edge from being an actual Black Crusade with Abbadon the friggin' Despoiler :D So yeah I just do not think that is a fair comparison (story for story when one is a well known and well liked canon story and one is not).

Some are full cinematic and some are like 3D Stop Motion Cinematic but even the 3D stop motion, which I love the looks of BTW, IS STILL the same 3D models from the other cinematics... not cutouts (though to be fair you are right in the sense that they look like cutouts as they move very little and the angle of effects is not updated when movement happens.. so I would agree that could have been slightly better if the effects would have changed a bit with the angle and movement of the models during those 3D stop motion cutscenes). Also they are not done to be lazy (though they probably do take less effort on the motion end but I think it is still fairly hard from a technical standpoint as camera motion and angle while going through these paused 3D characters while still having effects everywhere must be fairly challenging), it is a cool way to see the characters frozen in time in the heat of battle with enemies lunging at each other and missiles in mid fire ect (this was mostly only done when there was tons of action taking place and a way to see it all... I think the only one I would criticize personally as being lazy was the "fight" cinematic between Macha and Angelos). I think it was awesome and only some of them were like this and some were full cinematic (and others told through in game scenes like you mention). The ones in Gothic are all drawing cutouts that all the do is warp the picture to make it look like things are moving (except for the in engine ones... like most of the ship ones)... not even 3D rendering, I mean I like them a lot too... but there is a huge difference.

There would be very few battles, if any, where 10,000 marines were lost. Space marine chapters today are only 1,000 marines. They are VERY elite units. One thing you also have to understand about the legions is that they weren't just space marines. They had direct control over a large host of military forces that included ships and normal infantrymen which they also regularly replaced. Also in terms of the time scale the great crusade that involved the Astartes was pretty quick and pretty much always at the forefront so they may not have had time to recruit.

Replacing a SM is a lengthy process. It's not quick and they were essentially constantly moving. And it is possible they did recruit, however I'm not sure as I said (as on the 40k lore subreddit!) If the did it was not likely through neophytes and scouts. They probably would have just been trained as they were during the first founding since scouts and neophytes are used just because most chapters need the numbers.

Okay, fair enough... I said that as an exaggeration when making my over the top example.

Again I still think this makes very little sense... it seems there would always be some in the process of becoming a SM (even back then). I do not know this, just going by common sense on this.

Also yes I know the implementation of the organs, breastplate, training, scouting/combat experience and even more go into making a SM.

dao2
08-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Fair enough, I still stand by my statement that I think most do no like the good parts becasue they dislike the gameplay changes so much. We will just have to agree to disagree on this.

Gorguts was working with the Chaos leader in Dawn of War II so I do not find it all that odd. Also Gorgutz, like all orks, just wants a grand Waagh and loot. She offered him a grander war and the grandest of loot... seems like he would take that bait to me.

As I mentioned DOW and the other games aren't really well regarded for their lore, they generally ---- on it. Orcs DO on occasion speak and deal with humans. Like Ghazghkull letting Yarrick go cause he likes fighting them. But making straight up deals? Not really, especially when they could have had that fight anyways and still fought the Eldar too boot. And even if they couldn't. I seriously haven't heard of them just up and negotiating in the real lore like that.

I can go back and find it if you want... you might not have said those exact words, as I was paraphrasing, but you made it sound like they had done it right where DoWIII had done it wrong (again you may not have said this in those exact words but that is how I took it).

EDIT: Went and check, this is what you said in order in the same paragraph... very hard to say that is not what you meant: "Honestly the one closed to the lore is battlefleet gothic which follows the gothic war surprisingly well (except for the admiral you play). Pretty awesome cinematics too. The cinematics for DOW are kind of a joke."

Ah guess I did say, though like I said when I was responding I do like the Gothic cinematics better anyways, quality over quantity. The cardboard animation isn't the best, but I do like the content much more. The VA is GREAT and some parts are just epic. I think I've watched the SM trailer and the one where the warp storm starts dissipating and the reinforcements start coming in are just epic.

Yes, as I already said I believe the story is better as it has an edge from being an actual Black Crusade with Abbadon the friggin' Despoiler :D So yeah I just do not think that is a fair comparison (story for story when one is a well known and well liked canon story and one is not).

My bad, thought you said DOWs story was better, guess I misread. I don't really have any sympathy in regards to this one. It's not like Relic couldn't have used an established lore storyline themselves. It was very much their own choice to make up their own chapter and make a storyline.

Also they are definetely capable of making better stories. Homeworld has absolutely on the best stories in any game I've played. I hate playing RTS campaigns cause they suck. One (of 2) exception is HW. Not because the SP gameplay is great, but because the story is THAT good.

Some are full cinematic and some are like 3D Stop Motion Cinematic but even the 3D stop motion, which I love the looks of BTW, IS STILL the same 3D models from the other cinematics... not cutouts (though to be fair you are right in the sense that they look like cutouts as they move very little and the angle of effects is not updated when movement happens.. so I would agree that could have been slightly better if the effects would have changed a bit with the angle and movement of the models during those 3D stop motion cutscenes). Also they are not done to be lazy (though they probably do take less effort on the motion end but I think it is still fairly hard from a technical standpoint as camera motion and angle while going through these paused 3D characters while still having effects everywhere must be fairly challenging), it is a cool way to see the characters frozen in time in the heat of battle with enemies lunging at each other and missiles in mid fire ect (this was mostly only done when there was tons of action taking place and a way to see it all... I think the only one I would criticize personally as being lazy was the "fight" cinematic between Macha and Angelos). I think it was awesome and only some of them were like this and some were full cinematic (and others told through in game scenes like you mention). The ones in Gothic are all drawing cutouts that all the do is warp the picture to make it look like things are moving (except for the in engine ones... like most of the ship ones)... not even 3D rendering, I mean I like them a lot too... but there is a huge difference.

The cutout animation is a ton easier, and it's done to save a lot of time. Also IIRC gothic was a budget game and didn't release at $60 and DOW3 did. And for good reason, no way it would sell as much as DOW. Though funnily enough even though it had a much smaller user base (their peak is like 25x then DOW3) they had almost the same numbers as DOW3 did 3 months after release.

Okay, fair enough... I said that as an exaggeration when making my over the top example.

Again I still think this makes very little sense... it seems there would always be some in the process of becoming a SM (even back then). I do not know this, just going by common sense on this.

Also yes I know the implementation of the organs, breastplate, training, scouting/combat experience and even more go into making a SM.

Once again I'll preface this by saying I don't really know. If you are seriously interested in a lore answer the subreddit is the way to go. But chaos do not have any scouts now, they don't recruit and just replenish their numbers in a number of different ways.

As for back in the day, chapters (and the legions) were created in enmasse and it's a huge deal. Even foundings "now" in the lore take generations of work. And they essentially are all recruited/created at once.

The guard and such would certainly be raising regiments. But even they they don't often reinforce existing regiments with new recruits much. It's pretty difficult to do with such wonky interstellar travel. Instead new regiments are raised, when existing regiments get too low strength another low strength one will merge with them.

Space marines do recruit, but it's a long process. If you're going to blitzkrieg around the universe with a full strength army it's not a bad idea to keep the recruiting of these elite warriors on hold until afterwards. As a matter of fact I would be surprised if there weren't real world examples of this.

Thinking of a parallel today isn't really a good idea as travel can be done in mere hours around the globe. However back when armies marched for weeks and months they didn't exactly have the time or capacity to recruit. Even if they did recruit it's not like they could travel and join with the army that's moved forward, they'd essentially stay and sit on their ass for guard duty until after the war is done. I would be surprised to learn that during the actual crusades that they didn't really recruit, especially for any "elite" units comprised of their best fighters/nobles/etc.

Bob Morton
08-09-2017, 06:07 PM
So how long does Prime 1 usually take from the time they show a statue at a convention to the time it is up for pre order? I really want that Angelos statue
For pre order!

dao2
08-10-2017, 03:38 PM
I imagine that varies wildly based on license and such, however since this was so far done I expect it to pop up for po some time this year

dao2
08-13-2017, 09:04 PM
it's been teased a bit but necromunda is being rereleased!!!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

probably won't see any statues from it but still awesome to hear, and wouldn't mind some hive ganger statues ;p

majestic1
08-17-2017, 04:41 AM
Gabriel Angelos should be up for pre-order this week.

Silas Loki
08-17-2017, 05:43 AM
Prediction: Gabriel sells badly, Prime1 equate this to a general lack of interest in WH40K Statue products, line dies.......

Same situation as Gamingheads and Mass Effect!

dao2
08-17-2017, 08:23 AM
I hope not, seemed people (for some reason) were excited on fb about it. I'm not gonna get it though.

I dunno why you equate it with gh though, they've been doing statues fine imo (other then Tali quality). There really isn't that much interest in ME :P

Zombiez
08-17-2017, 09:26 AM
I will be buying this it is hands down the best warhammer statue ever made so far and I hope they make more. This statue is exactly how a space marine in that armour is supposed to look

Bob Morton
08-17-2017, 03:06 PM
I will be buying this it is hands down the best warhammer statue ever made so far and I hope they make more. This statue is exactly how a space marine in that armour is supposed to look

Agreed. However I will only be buying if has a switch out helmet with classic terminator helmet.

Bob Morton
08-17-2017, 04:09 PM
Just saw this, I much prefer 1/6!!! Is this company any good?

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/08/hmo-collectables-announces-40k-statues.html

Zombiez
08-17-2017, 04:32 PM
Just saw this, I much prefer 1/6!!! Is this company any good?

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/08/hmo-collectables-announces-40k-statues.html

yeah I have heard that this company also got the license but at a smaller scale. unfortunately they don't have any pictures of their work on Warhammer.

I still think that I will prefer the PRIME 1 pieces because they will be bigger and seeing as I currently have lots and lots of space bigger to me will be better.

Zombiez
08-17-2017, 04:36 PM
If HMO creates dioramas with multiple characters and prime 1 focuses on stand alone statues then I may collect both lines if money allows.

Ulfnar
08-17-2017, 08:52 PM
I'm definitely buying this. I've always wanted a line of big mother f-ing warhammer statues and i'm going to buy this even if it wouldn't my first choice of character because i want them to keep making more.

House
08-18-2017, 03:17 AM
According to Prime Ones Facebook Page:

PMWH40K-01: GABRIEL ANGELOS (DAWN OF WAR III)

"I thought I would only dance with you for a moment... But we're just beginning. I have not yet... tasted enough, I have not had my fill!"

Prime 1 Studio and Games Workshop are proud to present Premium Masterline Warhammer 40 000: Gabriel Angelos from Dawn of War III. Captain Angelos is widely considered to be the finest living example of his Chapter and one of the notable heroes in the Chapter’s whole history. He was born on Cyrene, one of the Blood Ravens recruiting worlds, which was destroyed by an Exterminatus ordered by Angelos himself for reasons undisclosed shortly before Dawn of War. Gabriel Angelos is a long-standing commander of the 3rd Company, renowned for his victory against the forces of Chaos during the Tartarus campaign and another solid defeat delivered to the Tau Empire in the Targa system between Dawn of War and Dawn of War II. He has a reputation of delivering success even when facing impossible odds.

Statue features:
- Size approximately 33 inches [(H)83cm (W)72.3cm (L)70.2cm]
- One (1) alternate exclusive portrait (In Exclusive version only)

Retail Price:
- Regular version: $1449 US
- Exclusive version: $1499 US

Edition Size:
- Regular version: 500
- Exclusive version: 350

Prototype samples shown.
Product details could be subjected to change without further notice.

testsubject25
08-18-2017, 07:44 AM
Well that's not cheap. Lol

Looks cool

SONICobra
08-18-2017, 07:56 AM
jeezus $1500... theres certainly a lot going on there, that is pricey as hell though

dao2
08-18-2017, 10:29 AM
I'm definitely buying this. I've always wanted a line of big mother f-ing warhammer statues and i'm going to buy this even if it wouldn't my first choice of character because i want them to keep making more.

I've been waiting for a 40k line from someone since I got into this hobby, and desperate as I am I still don't want this :| I'll hope others now DOWIII based will come our or just stick with HMO hoping they don't go the same route.

Bob Morton
08-18-2017, 10:34 AM
Any indication as to what the exclusive is?

SONICobra
08-18-2017, 10:39 AM
Any indication as to what the exclusive is?

http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=107165&d=1503067173

Bob Morton
08-18-2017, 04:13 PM
Disappointed with the exclusive and the price. I am passing. I think I could pay $1500 for a statue if it was my absolute favorite like Logan Grimmnar, but not for some third rate chapter from a game I don't care about.

That is going to be the challenge here: everyone has their own favorite chapter and character or species and one statue will never satisfy everyone. This is why expensive 40k statues will fail...because even among the 40k fans, there is such a wide divergence of interests.

dao2
08-18-2017, 05:38 PM
For me it doesn't have to be a favorite. But Gabriel is a definite no. He's also pricey then most others (or at least should be) because of his crazy big size (even compared to new primaris marines) for *DOW3* reasons.

I await that SOB though, hopefully they can get it released.

Silas Loki
08-19-2017, 02:35 AM
Disappointed with the exclusive and the price. I am passing. I think I could pay $1500 for a statue if it was my absolute favorite like Logan Grimmnar, but not for some third rate chapter from a game I don't care about.

That is going to be the challenge here: everyone has their own favorite chapter and character or species and one statue will never satisfy everyone. This is why expensive 40k statues will fail...because even among the 40k fans, there is such a wide divergence of interests.

This was my observation a few pages back when this line was announced. The problem with any WH40K statue is going to be the limited appeal.

The kind of person who will buy this line will be heavily into the game, and the price of one statue equals a full army (including Forge World products)....

I really can't imagine anyone deciding to buy this over a full gaming army!?! Can you?

As far as the Marvel or DC contingent, well, you can get a lot of comic character statues for less than this, so that's a done deal!

I think P1 has dropped the ball on this. Too pricey for and obscure (statue wise) I.P. whose products will directly compete with each other rather than compliment.

dao2
08-19-2017, 02:49 AM
I'd certainly shell out for WH40k statues over an army, just not this one ;p

House
08-19-2017, 02:50 AM
This was my observation a few pages back when this line was announced. The problem with any WH40K statue is going to be the limited appeal.

The kind of person who will buy this line will be heavily into the game, and the price of one statue equals a full army (including Forge World products)....

I really can't imagine anyone deciding to buy this over a full gaming army!?! Can you?

I think P1 has dropped the ball on this. Too pricey for and obscure (statue wise) I.P. whose products will directly compete with each other rather than compliment.

Couldn't agree more, i loved playing the board game with the pieces as a kid over the years. The uniqueness of each piece was awesome. I love the look of this, just not enough to spend 1500ish per. Not to mention the size of this piece is massive. Can't even imagine a full army of these.. The room it would take up would be crazy. Not to mention the cost of them.

Zombiez
08-19-2017, 03:17 AM
I have never played a warhammer game and really have no intention to do so, it's the lore that attracted me to this license. I will be getting this and any other statues in this line.

Silas Loki
08-19-2017, 05:01 AM
I'd certainly shell out for WH40k statues over an army, just not this one ;p

I have never played a warhammer game and really have no intention to do so, it's the lore that attracted me to this license. I will be getting this and any other statues in this line.

Don't get me wrong, there will be some who will buy, due to a lack of restriction on space and finance. Are those people the majority or minority? Time will tell.

The challenge with an I.P. like this, every statue has to sell well in order to stimulate further investment in the line.

Unlike Marvel or DC where one or more character renditions can tank, yet the line will continue, this is because it's a solid historical fact that those characters do sell when the statue is properly executed.

Because this I.P. is uncharted waters, it's more likely that if any of the statues in the line tank, GW and P1 will equate this to a lack of interest in the I.P. rather than poor character choice or poor rendition.

We've seen this with SideShow and the Mass Effect line (for example).....such is the hubris and poor market research these companies perform.

dao2
08-19-2017, 01:48 PM
Couldn't agree more, i loved playing the board game with the pieces as a kid over the years. The uniqueness of each piece was awesome. I love the look of this, just not enough to spend 1500ish per. Not to mention the size of this piece is massive. Can't even imagine a full army of these.. The room it would take up would be crazy. Not to mention the cost of them.

It's a tabletop not a board game :P Also the future ones may be smaller. It's relatively tough to tell but Gabriel's DOW 3 height is pretty massive. At 3.5 meters he's taller then even the primarchs (barring maybe magnus). And certainly there will be no full army of these ;p

Don't get me wrong, there will be some who will buy, due to a lack of restriction on space and finance. Are those people the majority or minority? Time will tell.

The challenge with an I.P. like this, every statue has to sell well in order to stimulate further investment in the line.

Unlike Marvel or DC where one or more character renditions can tank, yet the line will continue, this is because it's a solid historical fact that those characters do sell when the statue is properly executed.

Because this I.P. is uncharted waters, it's more likely that if any of the statues in the line tank, GW and P1 will equate this to a lack of interest in the I.P. rather than poor character choice or poor rendition.

We've seen this with SideShow and the Mass Effect line (for example).....such is the hubris and poor market research these companies perform.

We'll see, however starting with DOWIII isn't a good choice. The game fanbase is rather tiny and most lore and game enthusiasts don't like or don't care about the blood ravens. People like ----ing rowboat more than him :P Also he's massive which drives up the price.

I think GH is doing fine with their choices in ME characters. I'm not a huge Thane fan but I still liked him and most like him more than me. Mordin is very well loved and of course the ones above it. Wrex is probably the most loved squad member after Garrus.

Silas Loki
08-19-2017, 02:56 PM
It's a tabletop not a board game :P Also the future ones may be smaller. It's relatively tough to tell but Gabriel's DOW 3 height is pretty massive. At 3.5 meters he's taller then even the primarchs (barring maybe magnus). And certainly there will be no full army of these ;p

We'll see, however starting with DOWIII isn't a good choice. The game fanbase is rather tiny and most lore and game enthusiasts don't like or don't care about the blood ravens. People like ----ing rowboat more than him :P Also he's massive which drives up the price.

I think GH is doing fine with their choices in ME characters. I'm not a huge Thane fan but I still liked him and most like him more than me. Mordin is very well loved and of course the ones above it. Wrex is probably the most loved squad member after Garrus.

I'm not sure about your idea of his "fluff" size.....

Also, in my post that you quoted, I never mentioned GH ;)

dao2
08-19-2017, 03:18 PM
Ah sorry, I read that line as SS (in general) and ME (separately). I dunno I mean they started with shepherd. I think it was a dumb pose and worse base, and the paint job made it look even worse.

As for his fluff size I have no idea wtf GW is gonna do with him, but that's his DOW III height. I've seen some charts float with his new model saying that he's 11.5 and change feet so that matches up. The primarch outliers being (Magnus, kinda) and Alpharius/Omegon. They also made the normal marines undersized in DOW III.

DOW III height:
https://www.dawnofwar.com/content/img/uaKmv9d9BxcKMURG-92b404e556588ced6c1acd4ebf053f6809f73a93.png.

For those unaware he was normal height in DOW II and such, the height difference in III is explained by being heavily augmented which is also why he has the frankenstein face (I guess).

edit: Also I'd imagine SS didn't have plans to go beyond shephard, pretty much all their video game statues have been one off characters but I don't know the history of the line.

Sathis
08-19-2017, 07:18 PM
I honestly think he looks great, and would be a perfect statue to represent the universe of 40k IF I was looking to just get 1 marine. I just can not currently justify $1500 price tag no matter how nice it looks.

If he is around much later I will look into it, cause he has the look I love regardless of game he comes from. I just hope if this is not the one Prime 1 gets the chance to do another in the line.

dao2
08-19-2017, 08:12 PM
Even if you're a fan of the game I'm not sure it's fair to say he's the perfect statue to represent the 40k universe as everything about him is completely custom. He uses a heavily customized terminator armor and is much taller then a normal marine. His face is pretty fugly which would give the impression that all marines are monstrosities underneath their helmet when really most of them are just pale.

And nobody has a hammer with a haft that long :P

I mean he certainly looks in universe, but he's not very representative of anything imo. A normal looking marine would be better for that.

Sathis
08-19-2017, 09:23 PM
Her is perfect in that he is the ONLY 40k Statue that I know of for the universe currently I guess was my point in LARGE scale. He is for sure not the IDEAL representation of a standard marine.
I just hope they do ANOTHER after is my fear, these kind of licenses are already so small at this kind of collecting and prices. We will see, I was hoping like most for a more standard 40k representation then a specific character as the opening act.

I own a a full IKEA case of Hordes/40k/War-hammer Fantasy pro painted miniatures from MANY professionals and friends that I hold VERY dear to my heart, as they are ALL custom specific for me. I hope Prime 1 comes through with another statue eventually, but I know with the amount of licenses they have we could be waiting a good while.

Zombiez
08-19-2017, 11:09 PM
I saw on the facebook group that they are going to do another statue in this line. But there was no mentions of what it is going to be

Ulfnar
08-20-2017, 12:02 AM
So I played dawn of war 1 and 2 and really enjoyed them, haven't played 3, but from what i was reading Gabriel has become halfway between a terminator and a dreadnought now due to the horrific maiming he received apparently. That does explain why he looks so much bigger than a normal terminator does.

But yea, is this ideal for a choice of character for the first statue? no, he's like waaaay down the list for me. I think he's still fing badass looking though, and in the interest of helping ensure there are more made, i'm happy to buy him and cancel some other statues that i don't feel that strongly about that i had on PO.

I look forward to seeing what else they do from warhammer.

dao2
08-20-2017, 12:07 AM
Her is perfect in that he is the ONLY 40k Statue that I know of for the universe currently I guess was my point in LARGE scale. He is for sure not the IDEAL representation of a standard marine.
I just hope they do ANOTHER after is my fear, these kind of licenses are already so small at this kind of collecting and prices. We will see, I was hoping like most for a more standard 40k representation then a specific character as the opening act.

I own a a full IKEA case of Hordes/40k/War-hammer Fantasy pro painted miniatures from MANY professionals and friends that I hold VERY dear to my heart, as they are ALL custom specific for me. I hope Prime 1 comes through with another statue eventually, but I know with the amount of licenses they have we could be waiting a good while.

I mean there's more coming... No need to jump on the first thing available when even another company (HMO) has the license.

Also there are other large scale marines. FW made a 6 incher a while ago:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/58/6c/8a/586c8ae5a98873b6391ddb19b2f15720.jpg

Also there's a guy who used to (or still does?) make 1/6 space marine figures.

https://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/7/10/387782_md--6%20Inch%2C%201-6%20Scale%2C%20Black%20Templars%2C%20Chaplain%2C%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Warhammer%2040%2C000.jpg

So there are both existing and future representations, and I can't imagine what's coming won't be better then this ;p

Hell even Silver Fox (former Syco collectibles, so take your money and run guys :P) did something I like better. And their other collectibles shown so far are abysmal (mike tyson, derp t-rex, and someone failing at cosplaying snake plisken)

https://www.secretcompassonline.com/content/uploads/PICS_BY_BRAND/RANDOM/SILVERFOX_Terminator_Barachiel/SILVERFOX_Terminator_Barachiel_2.jpg

I saw on the facebook group that they are going to do another statue in this line. But there was no mentions of what it is going to be

Hopefully still a SOB, or at least not dow III.

KELPIE
08-20-2017, 07:58 PM
I agree with the issues of this line...

I'll realistically look at anything Dark Angels, however I probably won't be interested in anything else, especially at this size and price point.

It really is an odd choice though.

Surely, if there was ever a line that people would welcome variants, this is it. Put out a space marine with 4 or 5 switch out options (arms / weapons / heads), and release them painted up in various chapters.

Minimum effort, for maximum monies. Heck some people might buy multiples and thanks to the switch outs they won't all look the same.

dao2
08-20-2017, 10:09 PM
that's assuming there's enough to buy just some of one chapter, making 100 of a few different chapters isn't great for p1 ><

Ulfnar
08-21-2017, 12:53 AM
that's assuming there's enough to buy just some of one chapter, making 100 of a few different chapters isn't great for p1 ><

Too many space marine collectors...
I like good adeptus astartes as much as the next guy, but there are so many other good factions in War40k that are as badass or more badass than space marines. orks, tyranids, eldar, IG, necron, chaos, tau, adeptus sororitas, ordo hereticus, chamber millitant of ordo malleus etc.

but yea space marines will likely be all that gets made cause that's what makes up 80% of War40k players, vanilla marines players.

dao2
08-21-2017, 02:30 AM
well the first think they showed was a sob so I dunno about that :P

Sathis
08-21-2017, 03:21 AM
I just want a Awesome Chaos Terminator with switch out mutant parts! I always had a thing for the tainted marine side of things.

We will see what is next, it still is a really beautiful statue, just not what I wanted to represent the universe.

I think everyone is right though, the world has a LOT of stuff to make, so it will be tough to satisfy everyone in one shot.

dao2
08-22-2017, 03:23 AM
Well doing Big E himself and Horus or Abaddon would satisfy a lot of people ;p

Custodes are also pretty well liked all around the board I think, same for the Black Templars.

https://orig13.deviantart.net/c8b1/f/2017/089/7/e/the_emperor_s_elite__the_legio_custodes__by_kokoda39-db43brl.jpg

Bob Morton
08-22-2017, 12:30 PM

Custodes are also pretty well liked all around the board I think, same for the Black Templars.

https://orig13.deviantart.net/c8b1/f/2017/089/7/e/the_emperor_s_elite__the_legio_custodes__by_kokoda39-db43brl.jpg

That's the strength of 40k - it has so much cool stuff. Also the problem when it comes to making high end statues. I am just hoping HMO's 1/6 line will be awesome. I love 1/6 a lot more tha 1/4.

chev327fox
08-22-2017, 07:01 PM
He is up for order now (PRIME 1 Angelos)... all 350 of them at $1,500 a pop. Way out of my range :D

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/warhammer-40-000-dawn-of-war-iii-gabriel-angelos-prime-1-studio-9031651/?scid=LESKO00004&utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Gabriel+Angelos&utm_content=Image+-+Gabriel+Angelos&utm_campaign=082217distributednews

Ulfnar
08-29-2017, 01:06 AM

Custodes are too much bling for my tastes. I'd really really love if they do an iconic piece from all the major factions, although i acknowlege they will likely never do the less popular groups like necron or tau as there just wouldn't be a market for statues of this scale and price.

I can still hope for a super badass orc nob or mekboy of some sort though, and an eldar farseer or warlock.

dao2
08-29-2017, 01:39 AM
Big E's personal guard better look fancy :P They're wrecking face in the field now too. Just 500 of them and 2 vigils of SOS wrecked 6,000 chaos SM ^^.

I wouldn't be too keen on tau either, they largely hated :P

Ulfnar
08-29-2017, 09:56 AM
Big E's personal guard better look fancy :P They're wrecking face in the field now too. Just 500 of them and 2 vigils of SOS wrecked 6,000 chaos SM ^^.

I wouldn't be too keen on tau either, they largely hated :P

I don't mind tau, my friend played tau for a very long time, as well as eldar, but they definitely don't have as much 40k character as the other classic races.

I had/have an ork, tyranid, and necron army, I can really only hope that an ork gets made as there is almost no way they'd do necron or tyranid.

I need to get back into reading the books, there has to be a ton of new ones since i stopped reading them back in about 2009. I'm trying to avoid getting sucked back into the game since I already spend way too much money on pieces of plastic lol.

dao2
08-29-2017, 11:01 AM
I don't really play the game, a few matches a long long time ago, I used to collect and paint the minis (also a long long time ago). Still got one venerable dread left actually the rest I gave away.

They're sorta rewriting/retelling the horus heresy, fleshing it all out a lot in their horus heresy book line (there's like 40 books or something :P). Some of them aren't that great unfortunately but a lot of great books there, I'm a little disappointed that it's discredited the old star child story line for the Emp though. Eisonhorn is also a really really good one and I highly recommend it if you haven't read it already.

Ulfnar
12-01-2017, 10:29 AM
Just watched the video of TCC, the guy skips right past the warhammer stuff, though I can't say i'm surprised.

Anyone who wanted a basic marine, you're getting your wish, although probably not the chapter you wanted, looks like a blood raven sergeant with bolt pistol and chainsword. I think it looks really good, and I now know what I'm going to be spending my 600 dollars of sideshow rewards on hehe.

https://scontent-sjc2-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/c0.28.1080.1080/24254608_161754681237039_1557568077418201088_n.jpg

PermaGrin
12-01-2017, 10:34 AM
There we go.

Basic Marine is a perfect representation of the overall universe.

And damn...I was supposed to be holing off on stuff. :D

Ha, now I just need an equally scale blue space marine from Starcraft :p

Zombiez
12-01-2017, 10:43 AM
The basic marine looks better than his chapter master.... it's still too bad that they don't seem to be doing the primarchs.

dao2
12-01-2017, 11:29 AM
It is indeed a shame that it's a blood raven and that they only seem to be doing DOW3. However he looks like a fantastic representation of a regular space marine as opposed to his frankenstein chapter master next to him and I am totally on board.

Also as you said he doesn't linger on them long in the video but it actually looked like a bolter instead of a bolt pistol.

Ulfnar
12-01-2017, 10:35 PM
It is indeed a shame that it's a blood raven and that they only seem to be doing DOW3. However he looks like a fantastic representation of a regular space marine as opposed to his frankenstein chapter master next to him and I am totally on board.

Also as you said he doesn't linger on them long in the video but it actually looked like a bolter instead of a bolt pistol.

Yea, was hard to tell whether a bolter or bolt pistol, but i guess it is a bit big for a bolt pistol.

well, to be fair, that Gabriel is pretty much half machine at that point. but meh, i will have both of them. I don't mind the blood ravens, I'd prefer space wolves or dark angels, or possibly black templars, but I did love me some DoW 1 and to a lesser degree DoW 2.

dao2
12-01-2017, 10:45 PM
might turn him into a blood angel :P

also dunno y the exhaust bells are facing up :|

wonder if they're still gonna do the sob :(

Ulfnar
12-01-2017, 10:53 PM
might turn him into a blood angel :P

also dunno y the exhaust bells are facing up :|

Lol, I just noticed that, that definitely needs to be brought to prime 1s attention to get fixed. I actually just sent an email via their "contact us" page on the prime1 main website about the error with the prototype. Anyone who has any interest in this statue, I encourage sending emails as well so they fix that issue before production!

As for the sister of battle, they may not have gotten that aproved, or may be dealing with license issues since it seems like they only have the license to do DoW 3 stuff. but who knows.

Guilty
12-02-2017, 12:12 AM
Kelvin just fixed it.

https://i.imgur.com/snCivmq.jpg

dao2
12-02-2017, 01:13 AM
Kelvin just fixed it.

https://i.imgur.com/snCivmq.jpg

nice ;p thanks for the pic

Lol, I just noticed that, that definitely needs to be brought to prime 1s attention to get fixed. I actually just sent an email via their "contact us" page on the prime1 main website about the error with the prototype. Anyone who has any interest in this statue, I encourage sending emails as well so they fix that issue before production!

As for the sister of battle, they may not have gotten that aproved, or may be dealing with license issues since it seems like they only have the license to do DoW 3 stuff. but who knows.

I hope they branch past dow3, otherwise I don't see me getting too much stuff from them :| Still I'm pleased enough with this one to buy it. Not stoked or nothing like I am for H.M.O's stuff, but enough :P

I don't think DOW3 will get a DLC as substantial as a new army, it's too crap for that much effort.

Ulfnar
12-02-2017, 10:07 AM
nice ;p thanks for the pic

I hope they branch past dow3, otherwise I don't see me getting too much stuff from them :| Still I'm pleased enough with this one to buy it. Not stoked or nothing like I am for H.M.O's stuff, but enough :P

I don't think DOW3 will get a DLC as substantial as a new army, it's too crap for that much effort.

I just downloaded it now for 12 dollars from humble monthly to play through the single player. you know a game wasn't well received when it's on humble monthly within a year.

Bob Morton
12-02-2017, 10:36 AM
Of all the chapters they pick a lame obscure chapter. Too bad. Any of the first founding chapters would have been great.

radizero
12-02-2017, 12:30 PM
I'm sorry, I really want to like this but in my opinion it's so poorly excectued. The lenses looks like bug-eyes, the details are messy/muddy and there's no attention to detail. I mean the purity zeals dont even have text on them...

dao2
12-02-2017, 02:55 PM
I just downloaded it now for 12 dollars from humble monthly to play through the single player. you know a game wasn't well received when it's on humble monthly within a year.

worse it's part of 3 hook games, which isn't done unless the hook game itself isn't worth it by itself :P

Ulfnar
04-01-2018, 01:24 PM
I wonder when we're going to see more from this line.

I want that basic space marine, but I think they definitely need something from one of the other races. If they only have the license for dawn of war 3, a farseer Macha would be good for example.

dao2
04-01-2018, 03:23 PM
I guess, tbh I am really disappointed in P1s direction on 40k, but psyked about H.M.O's.

Zombiez
04-01-2018, 03:27 PM
I will definitely get the normal p1 space marine.... but truthfully i think hmo will be better because they apparently have the license to do the primarchs

dao2
04-01-2018, 11:02 PM
I dunno if P1 had it and lost it or decided to go with just decided to go with DOWIII but either way not good :| Def woulda preferred the much more detailed SOB and not DOWIII derpy designs.

Zombiez
04-02-2018, 12:34 AM
Hmo is a smaller company and they are doing roboute guilliman so i don't see why p1 didn't also make a primarch.... they started off this license totally wrong.

dao2
04-02-2018, 01:06 AM
Hmo is a smaller company and they are doing roboute guilliman so i don't see why p1 didn't also make a primarch.... they started off this license totally wrong.

different scales so they probably could

it's not just that their doing dowIII, they're very light on the detail work as well even on the marine. It's alright and for 40k starved fans woot, but it's not something I'd expect as a premium statue.

KELPIE
04-17-2018, 10:13 PM
I hadn't seen these pics before:

https://i.imgur.com/5SNboIl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SK9ksON.jpg

Silas Loki
04-18-2018, 12:30 AM
Well, this makes my life easier. If this is the basic Marine standard, my money is safe. I will check back in to see if they do a SoB, a female EldarHowling Banshee, or a Calidus Assassin.....but that's it for me.

Zombiez
04-18-2018, 12:42 AM
prime 1 really dropped the ball on this license i'm still going to get the standard space marine because i am satisfied with the detail work and paint job but they could have started off with more important characters.

Silas Loki
04-18-2018, 12:33 PM
prime 1 really dropped the ball on this license i'm still going to get the standard space marine because i am satisfied with the detail work and paint job but they could have started off with more important characters.

I was hoping that Prime1 would have bridged the gap between hyper realism and the Games Workshop design aesthetic. I was hoping they wouldn't just up scale a Citadel Miniature.....

It looks like this is exactly what they have done, more or less, and for me this is a massive deal breaker. I really like the WH40K lore and setting, and, for the table top war game, the miniatures are adequate.....but when I pay over a £1K for statue, I need more, much more, then what the GW design offers.

Zombiez
04-18-2018, 12:42 PM
I was hoping that Prime1 would have bridged the gap between hyper realism and the Games Workshop design aesthetic. I was hoping they wouldn't just up scale a Citadel Miniature.....

It looks like this is exactly what they have done, more or less, and for me this is a massive deal breaker. I really like the WH40K lore and setting, and, for the table top war game, the miniatures are adequate.....but when I pay over a £1K for statue, I need more, much more, then what the GW design offers.

I guess i can see why you think it looks kind of boring. I think we would both prefer if some of the 40k artwork out there would come to life in statue form. just keep in mind the PRICE for that would probably be more than 1k especially if it is made in the scale prime 1 usually works in.

HMO is going to be 1/6 i prefer 1/4 but it is what it is

Silas Loki
04-18-2018, 01:41 PM
I guess i can see why you think it looks kind of boring. I think we would both prefer if some of the 40k artwork out there would come to life in statue form. just keep in mind the PRICE for that would probably be more than 1k especially if it is made in the scale prime 1 usually works in.

HMO is going to be 1/6 i prefer 1/4 but it is what it is

Looking at the Blood Ravens captain they have just opened pre orders on, I'm not sure if a translation of some of the more "realistic" representations of Space Marine artwork to Statue form would cost much more.

The difference would be purely from a design perspective, the materials and detail would be unaffected.

Anyway, it's not the end of the world for me, at least, and I will see what they do with the SoB......

majestic1
06-28-2018, 07:01 AM
Space Marine is up for pre-order.

$1,099.00

ES 350

http://i63.tinypic.com/ve8y90.jpg

SONICobra
06-28-2018, 09:04 AM
man does this look sweet as hell, takes me back to painting these as a youngster. i never got into playing the game but i always loved the designs

dao2
07-01-2018, 01:05 AM
gonna pass, for a lot of reasons ><

DeadGhostKnight
07-01-2018, 09:03 AM
I want this sooooooooooooooooo bad but i can't justify dropping a grand on it at this point.....one to pick up when it's out and a couple of year down the line i guess...

Ulfnar
07-03-2018, 07:56 PM
I wonder if this is going to go up for sale on Sideshow or not, odd that it's on the Prime 1 website but not sideshow thus far.

I want to use my 450 USD worth of reward points on this...

PermaGrin
07-11-2018, 05:01 PM
Regular Marine is up on SS

PermaGrin
07-11-2018, 09:23 PM
I wonder if this is going to go up for sale on Sideshow or not, odd that it's on the Prime 1 website but not sideshow thus far.

I want to use my 450 USD worth of reward points on this...

I have learned my lesson as of late.

Last...4 maybe 6 things I have PO'd have shown up on SS a week or two later.

If it werent for NRDs, my Blitzway and Chronicles stuff would be through SS.

Ehollywood
07-23-2018, 12:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbpf17IKZkk

Some video I took of him at the show

majestic1
01-01-2019, 02:41 PM
So this is shipping out now, vid of it in-hand on Insta -

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsEkKYyoHCU/

http://i66.tinypic.com/fljcb8.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/2ngu58w.jpg

MegatronG1
02-01-2019, 02:37 PM
I'm new to this lore.. is there any recommended media, graphic novels, besides games? This guy looks important. Does he matter in the overall story? I just dig the over the top ridiculousness of that armor.

Silas Loki
02-02-2019, 04:38 AM
I'm new to this lore.. is there any recommended media, graphic novels, besides games? This guy looks important. Does he matter in the overall story? I just dig the over the top ridiculousness of that armor.

Check out Games Workshop website, and their sister website Black library.

There's a LOT of associated media beyond the games!

Interesting "fact" the lore covered in the books, comics, films etc. are not necessarily represented 1:1 in the game.....