PDA

View Full Version : Rank the 1/3 P1 Batmans

supermetroid
07-24-2016, 08:17 AM
What's your opinion on the Batman statues revealed so far? For me:

1)AK Batman- I might be biased because I own this one, but I think it has the perfect stoic yet intimidating pose and the suit with armor looks great

2)Batman Beyond- I'm not really attached to this version but it's visually probably the most interesting and very sleek.

3)Miller Batman- Again, not really attached at all to this version and honestly not a fan of the look but the pose, suit, sculpt, damage etc. just look incredible.

4)Noel- He looks great in every way, bursting with anger but I'm not a huge fan of the suit compared to the others. One of the best poses overall

5)AO Batman- Imo the weakest pose so far which holds it back. Everything else looks great

What do ya'll think? I know it comes down to design preference more than anything but it's still interesting to hear everyone's opinion. Can't wait to see the Jim Lee version!

EnShinNoi
07-24-2016, 08:21 AM
Miller - This thing is mean as **** and demands attention.

Noel - Nice, ferocious pose with a balanced suit design.

BB - It's a cool take on BB, a bit over the top though.

AK - Not a big fan of armoured Batman.

AO - Too similar to AK, only with less detail.

Ranz
07-24-2016, 08:35 AM
Miller... Noel... Arkham Origins ...Batman Beyond...Arkham Knight i prefer the darker Batman look

SolidLiquidFox
07-24-2016, 08:59 AM
Miller, Beyond, Noel, AK and AO

klwN
07-24-2016, 09:05 AM
1) Miller and Noel. Although I'm not a fan of Miller's interpretation, and I do have Noel on pre-order, I have to admit everything about the Frank Miller Bats by P1 is absolutely incredible. Still can't believe the suit isn't cloth, mind-blowing.
Of course I like Noel for many reasons. The suit, superb battle damaged cape, great portraits and expressions, white eyes...

2) Beyond. Doesn't look as boring (to me) as the regular suits taken from the games. A lot of stuff going on, very nice, perfectly executed.

3) AK. Just looks better than AO to me but it's got that toy-like vibe that I simply can't get over in the in-hand pics. And I don't really like seeing Batman's human eyes, except in movie form. I also have no attachment whatsoever to the Arkham games which plays a huge part ofc in the way I view this statue. A lot of fans of this version are also fans of the games.

4) AO. Feels like a rehash of AK and I don't like the design as much. Pose is weird.

dwade23
07-24-2016, 11:04 AM
amazing how different peoples views are.

like the OP, I believe AK Batman is by far the best representation of Batman in my eyes. none of the others come close.

next best would be batman beyond. Noel looks like he's taking a dump no matter what anyone says. miller... just wtf? AO, needs lots of work.

Buzzie
07-24-2016, 12:43 PM
Miller ...some space .... AK, Beyond, Noel, AO

strife87
07-24-2016, 06:31 PM
Arkham knight batman

Beyond batman

Noel. Not a big fan of the costume design but pose, portraits, base are great.

Miller. It's well done but I'm not a fan of the look.

Origins. Really like the design in game but not feeling what I've seen so far.

aa909
07-24-2016, 06:45 PM
Jim Lee bat ;)

AK Bat

Miller

AO

BB

Noel

jpuli28
07-24-2016, 07:01 PM
Miller...
Miller...
then um Miller

(drops the mic)

Sandman585
07-24-2016, 07:14 PM
Miller...
Miller...
then um Miller

(drops the mic)

haha you beat me to it!! I couldn't agree more.

jpuli28
07-24-2016, 07:17 PM
A little off base but... any leaks on P1's 1/4 N52 Bats?

batman1180
07-24-2016, 08:53 PM
Miller, Noel, Beyond, Arkham Knight, Arkham Origins.

newe82
07-24-2016, 09:01 PM
Miller...
Miller...
then um Miller

(drops the mic)

I would add to this list: Miller Bats

Matches Malone
07-24-2016, 10:04 PM
1.Knight - Just bada$$ and a perfect modern re-invention of Batman. You can see the time and care P1 put into their inaugural and flagship piece.
2.Noel - The suit is not my favorite but the art direction and sculpt are unsurpassed.
3.Miller - Not something I'll buy but the perfect rendition of an iconic version of Batman
4.Beyond - personally I'm not a fan of Rocksteady's re-envisioned Batman Beyond but P1 re-created it beautifully
5.Origins - My second most anticipated P1 Batman after the teased Jim Lee and my biggest disappointment. The pose, the face/expression and base took this from day one buy to pass.

jadekite22
07-24-2016, 10:09 PM
AK and Beyond are the best to my eyes. They have the simplest poses, but for their size and costume details, that's all that's needed to give them an imposing presence.

Miller is third, if only because he looks a bit awkward from being Miller's design rendered from the Arkham game model instead of simply based off Miller's artwork. The battle damage looks incredible though.

Noel is fourth. I think the pose is doing way too much, to the point of silliness. I'm sure he'd pair well facing off with Two-Face or Deathstroke, however.

AO is fifth. Really boring, despite being my favorite of the main series costumes. I might just be hating because they came out with this before Catwoman. :(

dreamactius
07-24-2016, 10:19 PM
1.Miller
2.Noel
3.Origins
4.Beyond
5.Arkham Knight

supermgiles
07-24-2016, 10:24 PM
1)Arkham batman-just best version of him made to date IMO
2)Batman beyond-just has a presence about it
3)Miller-Iconic and true to that version of him,many will be happy