PDA

View Full Version : Prime 1 David Finch Batman 1:3 scale

nearmint
07-29-2016, 12:21 PM
Kelvin Loke just announced it on Facebook. Due next year.

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j321/nearmint1/finch_zpsnjdxnad2.jpg

Shoo
07-29-2016, 12:26 PM
Interesting.

Valkyrie
07-29-2016, 12:55 PM
In before the "More Batman?!" posts. :muahaha:

Iko Iko
07-29-2016, 01:20 PM
Oh boy - may have to take a serious look at this one.

FJC
07-29-2016, 01:28 PM
Finch's Batman looks fantastic. Can't wait to see this sculpt.

nearmint
07-29-2016, 01:43 PM
Finch's Batman looks fantastic. Can't wait to see this sculpt.

Per Kelvin, the sculpt will be based on the art above.

candyrocket786
07-29-2016, 01:46 PM
I'm convinced that Prime1 has a massive hard-on for Batman.

What's that now? 7-8 bats statues?

klwN
07-29-2016, 01:47 PM

Still better than having a massive hard-on for Transformers or TMNT (which they have as well tbh).

Barbarian
07-29-2016, 01:48 PM
Hope we see the Jim Lee version and this version around the same time. I prolly won't get both, but def want one or the other.

nearmint
07-29-2016, 01:51 PM
Hope we see the Jim Lee version and this version around the same time. I prolly won't get both, but def want one or the other.

Maybe we'll see both at SDCC next summer.

SuperJ300
07-29-2016, 01:54 PM
Nice!!!!

This is still from Arkham license???

jpuli28
07-29-2016, 01:57 PM

I'm paraphrasing but Kelvin says Lee is still coming. Is the Lee crouching Bats confirmed though?

Barbarian
07-29-2016, 02:06 PM
Maybe we'll see both at SDCC next summer.
I am hoping before that, but that would definitely do.
Nice!!!!

This is still from Arkham license???
I don't think so, but I could be wrong. Good question.

ambasah
07-29-2016, 02:09 PM
wonderful announcement. definite purchase for me. You can never have enough batman!

Barbarian
07-29-2016, 02:11 PM
I'm paraphrasing but Kelvin says Lee is still coming. Is the Lee crouching Bats confirmed though?
This was posted in the Jim Lee Bats thread. Not sure if it's the art it will be based on, but it sorta kinda hints at it...

Nope.

This is not a AK teaser reference. Its comics

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa8/ShooCat/DC_Prime1_BatmanLee__P1_151215_Lee%20Bats_zps9qipqhfa.jpg

nearmint
07-29-2016, 02:18 PM
This was posted in the Jim Lee Bats thread. Not sure if it's the art it will be based on, but it sorta kinda hints at it...

That would be a significant departure from their standard museum pose.

klwN
07-29-2016, 02:27 PM
That would be a significant departure from their standard museum pose.

True but... Very tall base, crouching Batman, I would be fine with that. Would be a nice change and give him that predatory look. At 1/3 scale it would still look massive.

Comicbookguy
07-29-2016, 02:31 PM
Cool keep them
Coming soon collectors will break. I love finch style. Won't po right away staying on the sidelines for now to wait for deals on these. But it's very exciting to see a new bats every month or so along with variants.

aa909
07-29-2016, 03:08 PM

That's fine by me. Majority of my collecting focus is Batman so bring it on!!

SONICobra
07-29-2016, 03:58 PM
Very cool and VERY interesting...

Im in for lee bit now this makes the miller batman more appealing, would be a very impressive display

OrangeCrush
07-29-2016, 04:35 PM
Kelvin Loke just announced it on Facebook. Due next year.

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j321/nearmint1/finch_zpsnjdxnad2.jpg

Oh god, not another one. Prime 1 needs to just stop with the Batman's or at least slow down a bit. We now have a Frank Miller Batman, a David Finch Batman, and a Jim Lee Batman all on the way. And I am going to have a very hard time saying no to any of them.

ambasah
07-29-2016, 04:38 PM
I look at all of my b&w statues and think of the possibilities !

OrangeCrush
07-29-2016, 04:42 PM
I look at all of my b&w statues and think of the possibilities !

The possibilities are enough to make all of us go broke, long before they run out of options.

Inkedsushi
07-29-2016, 04:58 PM
Enough of the Batman P1! Ridiculous....

Barbarian
07-29-2016, 05:16 PM
Enough of the Batman P1! Ridiculous....
Why so angry?

yeek
07-29-2016, 05:19 PM
It's all about having choices. If you're a completionist then it might be challenging. But if you're a one and done like me then I love having a choice.

Valkyrie
07-29-2016, 05:31 PM
Why so angry?

https://memecrunch.com/meme/8MV3T/why-so-angry/image.gif?w=500&c=1 :p

Inkedsushi
07-29-2016, 06:32 PM
Why so angry?

Not angry, annoyed lol. I think we have seen enough batman statues for a long time now lol. Or at least do a Keaton for their fans. Not this video game stuff. I'm a batman fan and I have lots of P1 stuff on pre orders. Just my opinion

epitaph04
07-29-2016, 07:21 PM
This is comic book stuff though.

OrangeCrush
07-29-2016, 07:22 PM
What I don't understand is all the negativity that seems to surround gaming statues. I hate to say it, but video games have really become the dominant storytelling medium of this generation and games like GTA V are more profitable than even the highest grossing films on the market. Gaming should have statues just as much as any other medium out there.

And considering Prime 1 purposely picked up lines like Arkham and Injustice 2, its a given that were going to see our fair share of gaming statues. Not sure why people would find such negativity in that. Just don't get it.

klwN
07-29-2016, 07:40 PM
What I don't understand is all the negativity that seems to surround gaming statues. I hate to say it, but video games have really become the dominant storytelling medium of this generation and games like GTA V are more profitable than even the highest grossing films on the market. Gaming should have statues just as much as any other medium out there.

And considering Prime 1 purposely picked up lines like Arkham and Injustice 2, its a given that were going to see our fair share of gaming statues. Not sure why people would find such negativity in that. Just don't get it.

I can definitely accept that, especially when the statues still are a very nice representations of what the character looks like in the comics. They nailed it with Noel and Miller Bats, I'm sure it will be the same with Jim Lee and David Finch Bats.

I have two major issues with P1.
One is very subjective, because it's all about taste. I think they have ----ty tastes for the most part. To me TMNT or Transformers don't deserve the time and energy they spend on them, the movies are average at best (some are absolute crap) and I don't see the appeal. As a kid, sure, I lived and breathed TMNT for years, but I'm pretty sure the people buying these aren't 6 year olds. What's next? Power Rangers?

The second one is way more objective: they are all over the ----ing place. Buying so many licenses, a lot of them extremely niche, and others, in my eyes, not really deserving of high end statues.

Oh yeah and to be clear, all this would be way less of an issue for me if they worked faster. Sure they work fast when it comes to the Arkham line or Transformers, but other than that they are really slow and I'm sure we won't see anything in the next 2 years for some of their licenses. The way they prioritize is pretty weird.

SONICobra
07-29-2016, 07:51 PM
Guess you havent heard, pcs just picked up the power rangers license lol

At least theyre doing stuff with these licenses, weve seen a lot of wip pics which is very comforting. That said i too am a little annoyed they have already finished a second line of movie turtles (new versions). I think they could have just gotten away with making the new villains - what evs gives me more time to save for stuff i want

Luckily for me after lee i think ill be able to walk away from this line but im still really forward to see how this comes out

klwN
07-29-2016, 07:59 PM

Why am I not surprised? :laugh:

Comicbookguy
07-29-2016, 08:17 PM

At least theyre doing stuff with these licenses, weve seen a lot of wip pics which is very comforting. That said i too am a little annoyed they have already finished a second line of movie turtles (new versions). I think they could have just gotten away with making the new villains - what evs gives me more time to save for stuff i want

Luckily for me after lee i think ill be able to walk away from this line but im still really forward to see how this comes out

Best news this year finally we get high end power rangers statues:buttrock: hope we get COH options and metallic paint!

Jesse Custer
07-29-2016, 08:24 PM
I understand the frustration that some have with the huge amount of Batman statues, I admit that I often feel the same, but it´s not like Prime 1 is only doing Batman and nobody else. Thanks to them we have a Scarecrow, Killer Croc, Red Hood, Deathstroke, Azrael, Two Face, Harley, Arkham Knight, Robin, Batgirl, Nightwing... how many companies have gone this deep in one character universe in so little time?

Other licenses didn´t get the same amount of love so far of course, but the same way someone wants them to go deep in their favourite license, a lot of other people have Batman as theirs.

And we are all kids in some degree. I have no idea how liking Batman is different than liking TMNT or Power Rangers. The difference is that our toys are more expensive now.

Guilty
07-29-2016, 08:35 PM
Insert long paragraph about too much Batman that no one will give a damn about here.

Nah, this isn't another Batman statue announcement I'm sure. P1 is just running behind on their April 1st pranks.

Inkedsushi
07-29-2016, 08:43 PM
Anyways, sorry to voice my frustrations. Just was a little shocked to see a new batman on here(of course I'm not now). Didn't even look which one, game or comic. Rant over. Just to make things clear, in no way was I downing this statue and Prime 1. I speak very highly of P1 and like I said I have many orders through them.

Ps. Nice pic Valkyrie lol, I'm okay now lol

FastballSpecial
07-29-2016, 08:45 PM
Man do I really want to open the 1/3 door...

OrangeCrush
07-29-2016, 11:36 PM
I can definitely accept that, especially when the statues still are a very nice representations of what the character looks like in the comics. They nailed it with Noel and Miller Bats, I'm sure it will be the same with Jim Lee and David Finch Bats.

I have two major issues with P1.
One is very subjective, because it's all about taste. I think they have ----ty tastes for the most part. To me TMNT or Transformers don't deserve the time and energy they spend on them, the movies are average at best (some are absolute crap) and I don't see the appeal. As a kid, sure, I lived and breathed TMNT for years, but I'm pretty sure the people buying these aren't 6 year olds. What's next? Power Rangers?

The second one is way more objective: they are all over the ----ing place. Buying so many licenses, a lot of them extremely niche, and others, in my eyes, not really deserving of high end statues.

Oh yeah and to be clear, all this would be way less of an issue for me if they worked faster. Sure they work fast when it comes to the Arkham line or Transformers, but other than that they are really slow and I'm sure we won't see anything in the next 2 years for some of their licenses. The way they prioritize is pretty weird.

There is no denying that Prime 1 is just all over the place, buying up licensing rights like a crazy company. Never seen anything like it to be honest, at least not at this rate. I'm not sure if this will be a good thing or a bad thing at this point. Will have to get back to you in another 12-16 months on this one.

What I can say with certainty is that I am definitely happy Prime 1 hooked up with DC and are now making 1:3 DC statues and this is especially true for Arkham as I personally consider the character designs in the Arkham series to be some of the strongest designs I have seen to date for many of the characters including Catwoman, Mr Freeze, Harley Quinn, Robin, Joker, Nightwing, etc. Personally, I think Arkham City had the best designs of the trilogy so it is a tad disappointing that they focused on Arkham Knight designs and not City. I am hoping Prime 1 jumps back and releases a few designs from Arkham City somewhere along the line.

As I have stated in other threads, I think Arkham was a HUGE missed opportunity for Sideshow as they could have started a really nice Arkham City line 3-4 years before Prime 1 even had a DC license. Letting that entire video game series pretty much pass them by when it had such amazing character designs with some of DC's most popular Batman characters was just a huge missed opprotunity in my book and I am hugely grateful that a company finally saw the potential with the series. So Prime 1 scores some major bonus points with me for Arkham.

And while I can see your point with the production speed, I am not sure I would want Prime 1 speeding up its production rate at this point, at least not by a large margin. That would make things much more difficult money wise if they start kicking these statues out at a much faster rate.

FastballSpecial
07-30-2016, 12:08 AM
There is no denying that Prime 1 is just all over the place, buying up licensing rights like a crazy company. Never seen anything like it to be honest, at least not at this rate. I'm not sure if this will be a good thing or a bad thing at this point. Will have to get back to you in another 12-16 months on this one.

What I can say with certainty is that I am definitely happy Prime 1 hooked up with DC and are now making 1:3 DC statues and this is especially true for Arkham as I personally consider the character designs in the Arkham series to be some of the strongest designs I have seen to date for many of the characters including Catwoman, Mr Freeze, Harley Quinn, Robin, Joker, Nightwing, etc. Personally, I think Arkham City had the best designs of the trilogy so it is a tad disappointing that they focused on Arkham Knight designs and not City. I am hoping Prime 1 jumps back and releases a few designs from Arkham City somewhere along the line.

As I have stated in other threads, I think Arkham was a HUGE missed opportunity for Sideshow as they could have started a really nice Arkham City line 3-4 years before Prime 1 even had a DC license. Letting that entire video game series pretty much pass them by when it had such amazing character designs with some of DC's most popular Batman characters was just a huge missed opprotunity in my book and I am hugely grateful that a company finally saw the potential with the series. So Prime 1 scores some major bonus points with me for Arkham.

And while I can see your point with the production speed, I am not sure I would want Prime 1 speeding up its production rate at this point, at least not by a large margin. That would make things much more difficult money wise if they start kicking these statues out at a much faster rate.

I too loved the Arkham City designs the best. But im glad people are enjoying the Arkham Knight statues.

It is very impressive the amount of statues that have gone up for PO or have been shown by P1. They were eager to get their name out there and not they are the talk of the statue world. I myself any not into the video game statues, not that they are bad. I think they look amazing, just not my cup of tea.

After collecting everything from Bowen, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas etc and having to sell my collection due to medical reasons I'm finally at a point where going forward I want only the best or my absolute favorite pieces.

So far P1 DK Returns Batman and SS Predator fit the bill. I'll have to wait and see what else gets shown. I will absolutely get my favorite artists Batman statues though so Finch, Lee and Capullo will be there as well.

OrangeCrush
07-30-2016, 08:32 AM
I too loved the Arkham City designs the best. But im glad people are enjoying the Arkham Knight statues.

It is very impressive the amount of statues that have gone up for PO or have been shown by P1. They were eager to get their name out there and not they are the talk of the statue world. I myself any not into the video game statues, not that they are bad. I think they look amazing, just not my cup of tea.

After collecting everything from Bowen, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas etc and having to sell my collection due to medical reasons I'm finally at a point where going forward I want only the best or my absolute favorite pieces.

So far P1 DK Returns Batman and SS Predator fit the bill. I'll have to wait and see what else gets shown. I will absolutely get my favorite artists Batman statues though so Finch, Lee and Capullo will be there as well.

I actually took a very similar approach with many of my collecting hobbies after I lost everything in a house fire. When I finally started collecting again a couple years later, I found that I was FAR more focused on the quality items and had lost interest in many of the lesser quality items I had previously collected. I have pretty much stuck with 1:4 statues this time around when before I was buying a lot of smaller and lesser quality statues.

As for Prime 1, I don't know who is in charge, but clearly they wanted to take this company to a whole new level and they have certainly achieved that goal over the last year or so. I don't think I have ever seen a statue company expand its lines as fast as Prime 1 has.

XIIIWARRIOR
07-31-2016, 11:19 AM
Oh god, not another one. Prime 1 needs to just stop with the Batman's or at least slow down a bit. We now have a Frank Miller Batman, a David Finch Batman, and a Jim Lee Batman all on the way. And I am going to have a very hard time saying no to any of them.

I would be all over that Bats like white on rice!

KELPIE
07-31-2016, 07:42 PM
Still better than having a massive hard-on for Transformers or TMNT (which they have as well tbh).

I respectfully disagree.

SONICobra
12-03-2017, 06:13 PM
Bump, this is the one - anyone know if this is still in the works?

SONICobra
12-03-2017, 06:19 PM
Per Kelvin, the sculpt will be based on the art above.

and the original teaser art was non new52

Guilty
12-03-2017, 06:52 PM
Bump, this is the one - anyone know if this is still in the works?

Pretty sure it was going to come after Jim Lee Bats.

Vigilant
12-04-2017, 05:18 AM
From Kelvin Loke today on FB:

Anything by Finch is still a long way to go and it has not been decided yet whether it will be Batman. And even if it is, it may not be the one in the photo. A lot of may and uncertainty cause nothing has been confirmed yet. Just want to set the expectation rite.

SONICobra
12-04-2017, 09:01 AM
good to know, thanks :thumbs2:

nearmint
12-04-2017, 09:45 AM
That’s disappointing, and contrary to what he posted on FB in July of last year.

Malvo
12-04-2017, 12:11 PM
Well that sucks. It makes you wonder why Prime 1 mentioned it in the first place.

Barbarian
12-04-2017, 12:14 PM
From Kelvin Loke today on FB:
First post after 11 years on the forum. Welcome to the discussion, VMan! :laugh:

WalkerFodder
12-04-2017, 03:49 PM
First post after 11 years on the forum. Welcome to the discussion, VMan! :laugh:

That is some legendary stuff right there.

Vigilant
12-04-2017, 06:17 PM
Hehe, it took me some time to find a good reason for the right post. ;) Thank you..

Shoo
12-04-2017, 07:45 PM
:)

Shoo
02-09-2019, 10:35 PM
Looks like it's 1/5 scale:

https://i.imgur.com/U5DAFgH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NmFq7oW.jpg

mva5580
02-09-2019, 10:37 PM
The 1:5 pieces just look, I don't know....a bit off to me. Just something about them.

Iko Iko
02-09-2019, 10:39 PM
The 1:5 pieces just look, I don't know....a bit off to me. Just something about them.

Agree. I wasn't interested in this scale anyway though so money saved.

aa909
02-09-2019, 10:39 PM
^^^ that’s the Arkham skin. Unless Prime 1 has confirmed otherwise I don’t think this is what was the original announcement for the 1/3 scale Finch.

stryker12
02-09-2019, 10:44 PM
I may get this depending on how far away we are from receiving a Jason Fabok version.

I was actually hoping they'd showcase a Jason Fabok Batman and Superman duo, I mean we know one must be coming eventually, even if it's 5-6 years down the line.

Edit: Just realized it's 1:5. Whoo, kinda glad honestly cause I'm way less tempted to get him. Means I can save room for that 1/3 Fabok.

Mister H
02-09-2019, 11:37 PM
Getting this one as well.

Shoo
02-09-2019, 11:43 PM
Since this 1/5 piece has been labeled "Batman Incorporated" and might not have anything to do with a potential 1/3 Finch Bats, I've opened a new thread for it here (http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=165846).

aa909
02-10-2019, 11:26 AM
Since this 1/5 piece has been labeled "Batman Incorporated" and might not have anything to do with a potential 1/3 Finch Bats, I've opened a new thread for it here (http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=165846).

thank you. let's not derail this thread with false speculation that this ends the 1/3 Finch bats reveal (at least not until Prime 1 confirms it LOL!)