PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else's statue priorities changed thanks to Prime 1?

FastballSpecial
08-07-2016, 09:12 PM
So am I the only one whose statue priorities have changed since Prime 1 came onto the scene?

Ever since seeing, and pre ordering, their Dark Knight Returns 1/3 statue my whole outlook for future pieces has changed.

Is anyone else like me?

Mods please move this if it's in the wrong section.

nbr3bagshotrow
08-07-2016, 09:16 PM
Nope. Do big for my collection.

klwN
08-07-2016, 09:41 PM
Yes definitely, but not to a huge extent as long as they won't have the Star Wars license, SW being the main focus of my collection.
But the quality combined with the prices (not to mention the real estate needed for 1/3's) made me even more picky.

The quality because once you see what you can get from P1 for $900 in 1/3, it's hard to settle for much less at $500+ in 1/4.

The prices because they are super expensive, so ofc that means less money for other pieces, making choices, etc...

Most importantly they allowed me to start collecting Batman, my favorite superhero for which I had never found a statue I liked, until P1 came along.

craigcliff1
08-07-2016, 09:44 PM
Yes getting Robotech, Transformers, G.I. so less money for other stuff.

epitaph04
08-07-2016, 10:08 PM
Yep. P1 has taken over my collection.

strife87
08-07-2016, 10:10 PM
I wanted a batman but didn't like any offerings until the prime one ak statue.

As far as shifting priorities I would say no for me right now, I still focus the majority of my hobby dollars on other collectibles. I only need my favorite characters in this big scale, I don't need the whole line.

That could change with what licenses prime picks up however, especially if they do a smaller scale.

SONICobra
08-07-2016, 11:00 PM
yes I was hardcore 1/4 scale only, now im anticipating on having 5 1/3 scale statues in my collection

I will finally have a 1/4 scale snake eyes and possibly other gi joe characters

I will finally have a large scale, highly detailed optimus prime

it seems with a lot of their recent releases each one makes me go "well I guess ill just not get that other thing so I can pick this up instead"

ambasah
08-07-2016, 11:52 PM
1:3 scale is perfect for me. CM used to be the only player in town but their prices and focus on movie versions made them a no go for me.

Now I can get Prime One for half the price and they are making definitive versions of my favourite characters.

Parallax
08-08-2016, 12:42 AM
I haven't made the jump to 1/3 scale, I just don't have the room for it. Eventually when I'm in a new place and I can dedicate an entire room to my collection, I'd be willing to go 1/3 scale on my favorites, which would be Hal Jordan, Daredevil, Swamp Thing, and Batman. However I will be looking into some of Prime 1's 1/4 scale statues.

WalkerFodder
08-08-2016, 12:50 AM
I'd say so. A week ago, I'd have bet money I wouldn't fall for a 1/3 scale. Then the DKR statue popped up and threw me for a hell of a loop. It's a Grail piece. That is the Batman everyone loves. The guy who bleeds and takes a beating for his city. He's human and it hasn't always been a pretty experience being a super hero for bats.

Then the exclusive went up for PO and it's just too much bang for the buck to stay loyal to 1/4 scale.

I have nowhere to put him, but I'm very handy and am eyeing walls to cut into to create a glorious inlet display fitted with lights and maybe a motorized glass door. I mean, he's that kind of special.

Now I'm just scared about their future releases. This kind of quality is real trouble territory for the wallet.

KELPIE
08-08-2016, 01:35 AM
Nope, I wouldn't say my priorities have changed.

However I will say more statues will now meet my priorities. I used to be pretty safe, however with G.I.Joe, Beast Wars, 40k and some anime licenses there are more things that I will want to purchase instead of the glut of DC, Terminators, Aliens and Predators that I could easily ignore.

That said, time will tell how many of those licenses they follow through on.

Eviler
08-08-2016, 02:13 AM
I have to say I've shifted my priorities.
I've been on hiatus of 4 years due to no room, but now that I have a display room again, I've been very selective of my collection. I've sold about 100 pieces, mostly Star Wars statues and busts which I've lost interest in, keeping only my top 20 pieces.

I took a shot with the Arkham Knight Batman. Unfamiliar company, scale, price, ..., but he turned out so good that now I have the Arkham Knight himself coming (hopefully) very soon and TDKR Batman on pre-order. And honestly? If I have to choose between two 1/4 scale pieces that are great or one 1/3 piece that is perfect, I know which one to buy. Even selected my display cabinets for the purpose of 1/3, as I knew AK Bats was incoming.

If I could, budget wise and display room wise, I'd buy them all and have one glorious Arkham display, but I'll keep dreaming about that :)

Rob N. Banks
08-08-2016, 03:40 AM
With the licenses they have acquired and the quality of their work Prime 1 has definitely taken top priority for me.

xforce
08-08-2016, 09:39 PM
I am a bowen collector at heart and have added a few 1/4 to my collection. 1/3 are just way to big for me

Ryanbusts
08-08-2016, 09:43 PM
Priorities NO, broadened my horizons- hell YES.

SONICobra
08-08-2016, 09:54 PM
im getting out of the street fighter line, selling what I have in anticipation for gi joe

loricstone
08-09-2016, 02:15 AM
Priorities no...its XM every day...all day for myself. Well, not everyday, or I'd be in the broke bin.

The only thing I am waiting for with some sort of anticipation is the 1/4 GI Joe line. Everything else looks decent to very nice, but not a 1/3 fan and not a fan of museum poses.

Great QC for the most part though. Very impressive...and dare I say they have the best portrait paint ups in the statue collectible industry IMO. So lifelike it's uncanny.:buttrock:

FastballSpecial
08-09-2016, 11:03 AM
Priorities no...its XM every day...all day for myself. Well, not everyday, or I'd be in the broke bin.

The only thing I am waiting for with some sort of anticipation is the 1/4 GI Joe line. Everything else looks decent to very nice, but not a 1/3 fan and not a fan of museum poses.

Great QC for the most part though. Very impressive...and dare I say they have the best portrait paint ups in the statue collectible industry IMO. So lifelike it's uncanny.:buttrock:

Man I wish I could afford all XM lol

In all seriousness the DKR Batman is the first piece I have been totally blown away by in quite sometime. All the other stuff is just meh to me. Maybe STGCC will change my mind :thinking:

majestic1
08-09-2016, 12:13 PM
Their Anime license changed my priorities a lot, especially the Guyver announcement, I need everything Guyver related.

I'm still skeptical that they can come good with all these licenses, they have a lot of plates spinning, they must have an army of sculptors and painters working for them based on the staggering amount of licenses they have revealed so far, either that or most of these announcements won't see the light of day for many years to come.

ambasah
08-09-2016, 01:00 PM
my guess is they are buying every license under the sun to prevent competitors from acquiring them. smart business move...they must have some heavy financial backing.

MrJones
08-09-2016, 01:02 PM
Not at all for me. Just too big and too expensive. I still appreciate and admire them, I enjoy all the pictures, but not a single one is on my radar.

nearmint
08-09-2016, 01:43 PM
Like some others have posted, I have the Miller Bats on preorder, but I have no idea where to put him. Maybe a centerpiece for the dining room table?

ONEYE
08-09-2016, 11:01 PM
No.

Swordsman
08-10-2016, 08:40 AM
if ff7 remake is confirmed then it is my main priority.

qz33
08-10-2016, 09:59 AM
No the aim remains: To own what I love best even among perpetual offerings.

candyrocket786
08-10-2016, 10:18 AM
if ff7 remake is confirmed then it is my main priority.

A 1/4 scale Sephiroth.... man that would make me one happy dude. It would fill the void left by Kotobuykia/Square when the f--cked everyone over by not completing their Masterpiece Arts line, even after they displayed the three prototypes at SDCC and only released Cloud and Gabranth.

wanderlai
08-10-2016, 11:35 AM
Until they do Marvel X-Men...nope

DPmaster
08-10-2016, 02:37 PM
Definitely changed things for me. I haven't really ordered much the past few years...just a statue here and there and some Hot Toys Iron Man figures.

Started noticing P1 and their statues late last year and was wowed by the prototypes, but I was wary since I've gotten used to the idea of Sideshow and how their items sometimes don't end up looking like the prototypes. In the past, I've purchased Red Sonja PF, Rogue PF, etc. so I know what it's like to get a statue that doesn't exactly match up to the prototype.

Started noticing videos of the P1 Transformers pieces and how well they look so decided to take a chance.

Long story short, I've ordered and received:

Batman (AK) EX
Arkham Knight EX
1/4 Donatello
Batman bust

Now I have a bunch of P1 statues on pre-order:

Batman Beyond EX
Deathstroke EX
Robin EX
Harley Quinn EX
Bane (Mercenary)
Bane (Venom)
Batman (DKR Frank Miller) EX
Optimus Prime (TG1) EX
Raphael

I've got a few other items on pre-order from Sideshow, CoolProps, and XM Studios as well but the bulk of my purchases are going to be from P1. I'm looking forward to future pre-orders after seeing images of Killer Croc, Nightwing, Batgirl, etc.

xforce
08-10-2016, 03:39 PM
For me I have added them to the list. I will look at their 1/4 pieces but that is the biggest I go. Between Prime 1, Iron Studios, Xm and Sideshow we have a lot of choices

Commander0Zero
08-10-2016, 03:59 PM
I'm wait listed on the Batman (DKR Frank Miller) EX it was just so impressive at SDCC. My issue is I'm in a bit of a crisis. I'm trying to figure out where my collection is going. What scale(s) do I collect? Do I try to complete teams example I have Captain Marvel on flex with SS do I go all in and get all the GOG to go along? Or do I buy whats cool no matter scale or company at least as far as my money will take me. So Prime 1 for me is more helping me evolve and shape what kind of collector I'm going to be. I went from Kotobukiya to Sideshow and now a new world of XM,Prime 1, Iron studios, Imaginarium and so on. I guess I'm a bit overwhelmed...lol

WalkerFodder
08-10-2016, 05:33 PM
I'm wait listed on the Batman (DKR Frank Miller) EX it was just so impressive at SDCC. My issue is I'm in a bit of a crisis. I'm trying to figure out where my collection is going. What scale(s) do I collect? Do I try to complete teams example I have Captain Marvel on flex with SS do I go all in and get all the GOG to go along? Or do I buy whats cool no matter scale or company at least as far as my money will take me. So Prime 1 for me is more helping me evolve and shape what kind of collector I'm going to be. I went from Kotobukiya to Sideshow and now a new world of XM,Prime 1, Iron studios, Imaginarium and so on. I guess I'm a bit overwhelmed...lol

Man, I'm very much in the same boat (and it's a great boat to be in). It's a testament to the strength of the hobby right now. So much variety and quality.

I initially thought I wanted the 5 SS Justice League PF's after I received Wonder Woman. Then I cancelled Aquaman EX last minute b/c I just wasn't feeling the portraits. I was staring at Medusa and Black Bolt in my Trophy room, and I just love them so much more than anyone in the Justice League (except Bats). Then Prime 1 dropped the Frank Miller DKR on us and I Pre-ordered with a sweaty, shaky hand so fast that I didn't even think about the space issue. 1/3 scale is a different league of space management.

Anyway, I have a multifarious collection right now that I couldn't be more proud of because I love each piece and they represent the range of comics I enjoy.

XM
Black Bolt
Medusa

Sideshow
Wonder Woman PF
1/6 Deadpool EX

Hot Toys
1/4 Boba Fett EX
1/6 Star-lord
1/6 Gamora
1/6 Rocket/Groot EX
1/6 DK Batman Armory/Alfred/Bruce Wayne
1/6 Mime Joker

Pre-Orders:
Prime 1
Batman DKR EX

Hopeful Pre-orders:
XM - Cable
XM - Weapon X
SideShow - Iron Giant

So not only is my collection all over the place, it's continuing in that direction..and I kind of love it.

Royce12
08-10-2016, 07:34 PM
I'm fairly new to statues so I kinda came into this with Prime 1. The promise of 1/3 Scorpion and Sub-Zero statues from PCS brought me into the fold. I had heard of Prime 1 but at the time I was collecting 1/4 figures and Prime 1 stuff was too big and too expensive. After deciding that I was going to go all statue my first purchase was the Prime 1 Bumblebee. Next was the Prime 1 Arkham Batman and I'm flex paying their Arkham Knight. I do have the Sideshow P2 Maquette and I plan on picking up some other stuff like the Sideshow P1 Maquette and the XM Iron Man. And of course the PCS Mortal Kombat pieces when they finally ship.

If Prime 1 was making pieces from all of the properties that I love, I'd have no desire to look outside of the company.

Guilty
08-10-2016, 09:27 PM
Need more licences done before giving much thought to this.

They're still very new to the statue business.

Comicbookguy
08-10-2016, 11:55 PM
Need more licences done before giving much thought to this.

They're still very new to the statue business.

This^ yes don't get carried away by hype. This new scale is so amazing now. Wait to it settles down and then decide. I almost wanted to sell off all my 1/4 to start a prime 1 batman line. But once I had time to think it over. Hell no I love my 1:4 too much. Best is to wait a think it over before changing a 360 on collection a new scale completely.

slynger
08-11-2016, 12:08 AM
After getting the TDKR ordered, I would only get another 1/3 scale piece if it was Captain America, Superman or Boba Fett. My three focus characters.

While it's possible they do a Supes, it has to be a version I like. Only reason I got Bats - Millers version is the best IMHO.

BurningRage
08-11-2016, 08:08 AM
No. If they were making classic costume DC statues in 1/3 then yes.

aa909
08-11-2016, 09:05 AM

Well, we're supposed to get a Finch Bat, and a Jim Lee Bat & Superman :)

Swordsman
08-11-2016, 09:15 AM
A 1/4 scale Sephiroth.... man that would make me one happy dude. It would fill the void left by Kotobuykia/Square when the f--cked everyone over by not completing their Masterpiece Arts line, even after they displayed the three prototypes at SDCC and only released Cloud and Gabranth.

best choice. :jedidual:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al6MlG7XcM0

BurningRage
08-11-2016, 09:50 AM
Well, we're supposed to get a Finch Bat, and a Jim Lee Bat & Superman :)

I mean a whole line of characters like what Sideshow has for DC comic pfs.

SolidLiquidFox
08-11-2016, 12:42 PM
Unless it's a video game skin, we ain't getting no classic 1/3 scale DC in the volume some of you guys hoping for...

SONICobra
08-11-2016, 01:29 PM
Unless it's a video game skin, we ain't getting no classic 1/3 scale DC in the volume some of you guys hoping for...

miller batman was confirmed not to be a game skin. also jerry mentioned something about there being some kind of agreement between prime1 and sideshow regarding sharing licenses to some extent

FastballSpecial
08-11-2016, 03:55 PM

If they did that I might as well be forever poor. :vortex:

FastballSpecial
09-14-2016, 12:09 AM
So with the Hush line tentatively announced is anyone imagining all those Jim Lee 1/3 statues in their collection? :D

candyrocket786
09-14-2016, 12:16 AM
So with the Hush line tentatively announced is anyone imagining all those Jim Lee 1/3 statues in their collection? :D

I just want Huntress. Since that's going to happen, I might as well skip the SS versoin.

SONICobra
09-14-2016, 01:20 AM

The jim lee bats is why i started collecting these 1/3 scale pieces in the first place, hes always had a spot but im glad its confirmed i will finally have a supes to go with it

FastballSpecial
09-14-2016, 08:39 AM
I just want Huntress. Since that's going to happen, I might as well skip the SS versoin.

What do you mean might ;) lol

The jim lee bats is why i started collecting these 1/3 scale pieces in the first place, hes always had a spot but im glad its confirmed i will finally have a supes to go with it

I think the Jim Lee line is going to be EPIC!! :buttrock: