09-10-2016, 06:51 AM
So who else is excited ?

Hopefully SW is next : )

GrumpyBear
09-10-2016, 07:09 AM
Pls "XM Studios Vision 1/4 Statue". ;)

omigeo
09-10-2016, 07:34 AM
OH Wow that is a very interesting concept. I don't think I've ever seen a statue done this way, where the character seems to be passing thru the door. And its no secret that this character does go thru things...Very nice concept. You guys are such great visionaries, always breaking ground.....Love that about you guys!

FJC
09-10-2016, 07:59 AM
This is going to blow the doors off the SSC Vision PF. I love the concept art.

AC_808
09-10-2016, 08:22 AM
I love the concept!

Now I just need the sculpt and proportions to look as good or better than the new Koto Vision.

majestic1
09-10-2016, 08:29 AM
Very cool concept.

But I don't like the casual/relaxed outstreched hand pose, it's the same as the classic Iron man, looks like they are both hailing a taxi cab after a night out.

https://scontent.ftxl1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14264101_655811367916954_8811309617791175076_n.jpg?oh=083b7c9b71a482771c6a7da7d43fcf6c&oe=587542E0

http://i64.tinypic.com/fxt3eq.jpg

Philintheblank
09-10-2016, 02:53 PM
Eh...not really feeling it. More interested in Koto's...

ambasah
09-10-2016, 03:07 PM
Pls "XM Studios Vision 1/4 Statue". ;)

your wish is my command : )

edit, it didn't seem to work. maybe a mod can help ?

GrumpyBear
09-10-2016, 03:10 PM
Haha, yes just an mod can do it. :)

ambasah
09-10-2016, 03:13 PM
Eh...not really feeling it. More interested in Koto's...

I think the pose and outstretched hand are perfect for this character.

Philintheblank
09-10-2016, 03:24 PM
I think the pose and outstretched hand are perfect for this character.

Yeah, but we've already seen that with Bowen's. Koto has the arm out, but it's head on. Something a little different. I prefer Sosa's sculpt anyway.

ambasah
09-10-2016, 03:38 PM
oops, I meant to quote someone else : )

I only collect 1/4 or higher so this is perfect for me : )

Philintheblank
09-10-2016, 04:08 PM
oops, I meant to quote someone else : )

I only collect 1/4 or higher so this is perfect for me : )

Gotcha. Yeah, I wasn't really seeing the connection there.

loricstone
09-10-2016, 04:58 PM
Yeah, but we've already seen that with Bowen's. Koto has the arm out, but it's head on. Something a little different. I prefer Sosa's sculpt anyway.

And you get all of this from line art? A concept? I didn't know there was a sculpt shown of this yet.;)

Philintheblank
09-10-2016, 05:24 PM
And you get all of this from line art? A concept? I didn't know there was a sculpt shown of this yet.;)

...I thought somebody might bring that up. No, haven't seen a sculpt yet...I prefer Sosa's design to the current XM design. There you go. :D

Vecchio1
09-11-2016, 02:05 AM
Can't wait for Koto's version. And I'll save 800$ as well.

risingstar
09-11-2016, 02:43 AM

With all due respect, how is the much smaller scale Bowen Vision which was produced in 2005 in any way relevant to a discussion about a 1/4 scale Vision, which for all intents and purposes, will likely be superior in every single production way possible to the Bowen version? Who cares, really, other than yourself perhaps, if Bowen released an arm-stretched version over ten years ago.

However, now that it's part of the discussion, while the Bowen version paid wonderful homage to the classic Avengers cover, the industry has evolved to such a staggering degree that comparing virtually anything that's being produced now to what Bowen was producing in 2005 is like comparing Bluray to VHS. There is just no sensible comparison in this instance.

ambasah
09-11-2016, 07:53 AM
I think he is just saying it has been done before as far as the pose is concerned.

this remains my favourite sneak from the entire show. I am sure it will be even more amazing once painted. Too bad we didn't get a sneak for SW. I am sure she is in the works : )

built2shred
09-11-2016, 08:01 AM
I think he is just saying it has been done before as far as the pose is concerned.

True but it's still rather moot to all the people out there that never bought Bowen's version back then. I'm pretty sure all of them could careless that Bowen had a similar pose back in 2005...

GrumpyBear
09-11-2016, 08:06 AM
After i used google for Bowen Vision i must say the hand needs a basketball. Very different to XM.

majestic1
09-11-2016, 09:11 AM
I know the outstretched arm is a classic pose from his first appearance in comics but it's been done to perfection with Bowen.

Arms by his side, chest out, hero pose would be my preferred choice for this Vision, like these -

http://i66.tinypic.com/qq5wep.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/mvhvtj.jpg

FJC
09-11-2016, 09:12 AM
After i used google for Bowen Vision i must say the hand needs a basketball. Very different to XM.

Damn Grumpy, that Bowen Vision is amazing and based off the classic cover of Avengers 57. No need to dis the statue just because XM chose to basically go with the same pose. It's not like Bowen invented the pose. That honor goes to big John Buscema.

FJC
09-11-2016, 09:18 AM
I know the outstretched arm is a classic pose from his first appearance in comics but it's been done to perfection with Bowen.

Arms by his side, chest out, hero pose would be my preferred choice for this Vision, like these -

http://i66.tinypic.com/qq5wep.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/mvhvtj.jpg

I like the outstretched arm/hand. For Vision, it is a weapon. He can phase his hand and put it through an object or person and solidify it in someone and cause massive damage. It gives him a ghost/wraith type of feel that is totally befitting of the character. That's why Bowen used it, as did Koto, and now XM. Vision is an android. He's not the type of character to strike a hero pose IMO.

GrumpyBear
09-11-2016, 09:27 AM
Damn Grumpy, that Bowen Vision is amazing and based off the classic cover of Avengers 57. No need to dis the statue just because XM chose to basically go with the same pose. It's not like Bowen invented the pose. That honor goes to big John Buscema.

There was no dis, it´s my feeling and opinion. I was no collector at Bowen time and i´m not into classic comic time.

Nothing to do with XM Vision.

FJC
09-11-2016, 10:00 AM
There was no dis, it´s my feeling and opinion. I was no collector at Bowen time and i´m not into classic comic time.

Nothing to do with XM Vision.

Well, I have to say that I personally don't feel that the Bowen Vision's arm/hand pose looks significantly different than the XM one. I can understand if you don't care for the classic comic look of the piece but to say one needs a basketball and the other doesn't seems like a huge stretch to me. An outstretched hand is an outstretched hand, and both have essentially the exact same pose.

risingstar
09-11-2016, 10:06 AM

Odd post. Out of curiosity, why should either collectors or producers of 1/4 scale statues at all care about a clearly inferior smaller scale statue produced by another company over ten years ago? I have zero interest in the Bowen scale. The XM version would be a significant improvement. The idea that XM should reconsider producing a clearly marketable item based on your thoughts on the subject is preposterous. While I hear your point, I think the Bowen statue would have zero impact on XM 1/4 scale sales numbers.

FJC
09-11-2016, 12:07 PM
IMO, there's nothing inferior about the BD Vision. It's a classic piece and it looks phenomenal. I expect the XM Vision will look incredible in its own way even though both poses are so similar.

loricstone
09-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Can't wait for Koto's version. And I'll save 800$ as well.

I'm not...nor am I buying anything from Koto after what happened to the Hard Hero situation...that left a bad taste in my mouth.

Also, I don't do 1/6...1/4 has much more presence. Let's just be honest, a phasing vision IMO really is the best representation of his powers. This concept is tremendous...no it just depends on how it is executed in statue form and especially painted. Are they going to use transparent resin for this? So many questions regarding this.

loricstone
09-11-2016, 01:00 PM
Odd post. Out of curiosity, why should either collectors or producers of 1/4 scale statues at all care about a clearly inferior smaller scale statue produced by another company over ten years ago? I have zero interest in the Bowen scale. The XM version would be a significant improvement. The idea that XM should reconsider producing a clearly marketable item based on your thoughts on the subject is preposterous. While I hear your point, I think the Bowen statue would have zero impact on XM 1/4 scale sales numbers.

I agree 100%.

loricstone
09-11-2016, 01:11 PM
IMO, there's nothing inferior about the BD Vision. It's a classic piece and it looks phenomenal. I expect the XM Vision will look incredible in its own way even though both poses are so similar.

From the standpoint of 1/4 to 1/7 scale and that Vision was just standing there with the outstretched arm (yes...I did own this Bowen Vision at one time), it is an inferior statue....that is not a slight at Bowen...the sculpt in and of itself is perfect, but the engineering alone behind the XM 1/4 will put it WORLDS apart from the static standing Bowen pose. I think that is what rising was saying.

I always stated when I first started collecting SS after the Hard Hero Marvel situation, that SS would always be better at 1/4 over any smaller scale statue. What I was basically saying is that the 1/7, and 1/6 statues are nice, but they just don't command the same presence as 1/4 or 1/5. One of the reasons I appreciated Hard Hero so much was due to them being a bigger than Bowen, but also....HH was the precursor to XM. They thought outside of the box. DD, Classic IM, Angel did some pretty amazing things 10 years ago. DD to this day is one of the most impressive forward thinking statues in the history of this collectible hobby of ours. It's one of the reasons why I still feel the best Hulk SS ever did was the Hulk Comiquette where he landing from the jump. How dynamic that statue was and still is to this day. That is the kind of forward thinking I want to see in statues...not the boring stand and look at me stupid museum poses. That's just my opinion.

So when rising comments like he did....I fully understand his reasoning whether some agree with him or not. There is no disrespect towards Bowen as he is one of the benchsetters for this hobby...and he was / is a damn fine sculptor as well. In fact, IMO, there are some pieces Bowen did that would be the best representations of the character if it was done in 1/4 scale....Juggernaut, Apocalypse, Thor spinning hammer version, and a couple select others.

Parallax
09-11-2016, 01:14 PM
I don't like it. The concept of him phasing through something is great, but this is going to be big, bulky, and ugly.

Philintheblank
09-11-2016, 03:55 PM
...you guys are too much. The pose is similar to Bowen's, clearly. That pose is a generic, albeit classic, Vision pose. I, as in myself, would rather see something a little different...like Koto's...a little different.

With all due respect, how is the much smaller scale Bowen Vision which was produced in 2005 in any way relevant to a discussion about a 1/4 scale Vision, which for all intents and purposes, will likely be superior in every single production way possible to the Bowen version? Who cares, really, other than yourself perhaps, if Bowen released an arm-stretched version over ten years ago.

However, now that it's part of the discussion, while the Bowen version paid wonderful homage to the classic Avengers cover, the industry has evolved to such a staggering degree that comparing virtually anything that's being produced now to what Bowen was producing in 2005 is like comparing Bluray to VHS. There is just no sensible comparison in this instance.

Yeah, very respectful. :goodpost: I like how some of you guys seem to think your opinion is truth. Good stuff.

FJC
09-11-2016, 09:05 PM
I have the phasing Bowen Vision. When I look at it, I don't see anything inferior about it. I see an outstanding statue I'm thrilled to own in my collection. I also think the Koto Vision looks fantastic. In fact, the only Vision statue I don't care for at all is sideshow's PF...which is ironically a 1/4 piece.

actionjackson83
09-11-2016, 09:36 PM
What a joke the sculpt quality on the Bowen one won't hold a candle to this. Yeah it's similarly posed but the base, and show of powers element is completely different. The sculpt level of details and sheer size of the statue will completely dwarf the Bowen one as well. The trolls who will never own an xm piece are definitely strong.

Philintheblank
09-11-2016, 10:17 PM
Come on now. Someone has a differing opinion, let's insult them. Seriously? Pretentious snobs in every hobby, I guess.

Swordsman
09-11-2016, 11:41 PM
One man's meat is another man's poison..

toe
09-12-2016, 01:06 AM
Looks dope. But I would have him leaning a bit more forward tho. When he phases thru objects, he tends to lean in.

loricstone
09-12-2016, 04:56 AM
Is it just me or am I the only that realizes Vision is just a concept? I mean help me out here....where / who / when has anyone seen the Vision sculpt?

Khufu
09-12-2016, 07:24 AM
I like it but I don't need a Vision in Carbonite. ;)

Cali604
09-12-2016, 01:16 PM
I like it but I don't need a Vision in Carbonite. ;)

Boba Fett does:jedidual:

marker2037
09-12-2016, 08:06 PM
Is it just me or am I the only that realizes Vision is just a concept? I mean help me out here....where / who / when has anyone seen the Vision sculpt?

Which is strange since you already stated that the XM "engineering" is better than the Bowen one.... :peoples:

loricstone
09-12-2016, 08:21 PM
Which is strange since you already stated that the XM "engineering" is better than the Bowen one.... :peoples:

You missed a key word...WILL.

GrumpyBear
09-13-2016, 06:20 AM
To much talking about a concept, wait for 3D work. ;)

derekrodneysim
09-13-2016, 08:10 AM
Would be cool to see him phase his hands through someone's skull :eplus2:

boibleu22
09-13-2016, 09:46 AM

I like the outstretched arm/hand. For Vision, it is a weapon. He can phase his hand and put it through an object or person and solidify it in someone and cause massive damage. It gives him a ghost/wraith type of feel that is totally befitting of the character. That's why Bowen used it, as did Koto, and now XM. Vision is an android. He's not the type of character to strike a hero pose IMO.

Yeah, the Koto Vision is looking pretty amazing.

http://marveltoynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/SDCC-2016-Kotobukiya-Vision-Fine-Arts-Statue-Render.jpg

adee
09-13-2016, 10:25 AM
I have a hard time visualizing concept to sculpt so I will just wait and see. Right now I feel like it kinda looks like he got his cape stuck in the door on the way in. :)

loricstone
09-13-2016, 02:38 PM
Yeah, the Koto Vision is looking pretty amazing.

http://marveltoynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/SDCC-2016-Kotobukiya-Vision-Fine-Arts-Statue-Render.jpg

That is a pretty bad ass Vision...but I'm not suprised...it is done by the "grand vizier" ES.

boibleu22
09-13-2016, 03:51 PM
That is a pretty bad ass Vision...but I'm not suprised...it is done by the "grand vizier" ES.

Is there anything Sosa can't do?

built2shred
09-13-2016, 07:43 PM
Maybe if they put some sort of wave in the metal at the point that he's coming through it...

slickrick
05-21-2019, 06:22 PM
To much talking about a concept, wait for 3D work. ;)

I'm still excited about this one! Hoping for a STGCC announcement! :praying:

AC_808
05-25-2019, 06:58 PM
Wow, forgot about this! ...Its been 3 years since the concept reveal.