PDA

View Full Version : Silver Age Fantastic Four Series

silverageguy
09-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Has anyone received either of the first releases (Reed, Thing) from this diorama?

I'm curious, are they of good quality - looks, painting, proportions, details, etc.?

The pictures of the items don't look all that great - especially The Thing but sometimes, in person, statues look better. I also like the "diorama" idea so I'm thinking of getting it if it is of decent quality.

Help out a forum member who can't decide whether to spend the money . . .

Ish
09-19-2005, 01:53 PM
i feel the same way, gonna wait to see it in person.

nbr3bagshotrow
09-19-2005, 02:07 PM
Saw it at SDCC. :puke2:

Sue Storm looks stiff and the facial characteristics of each character doesn't look good, IMO.

Wooktroop
09-19-2005, 02:17 PM
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showgallery.php?cat=687

boondocksaint
09-19-2005, 03:07 PM
Blah!!!!!!!

silverageguy
09-19-2005, 04:26 PM
Thanks, Wook and Azog for posting the links and the others for the rest of the comments, so far.

Question for Azog - how do you like them?
Are you satisfied with the quality?
Your photos actually make them look way better than the ones from SDCC. Maybe it's the lighting or something . . .

wktf
09-19-2005, 04:43 PM
Silver, I saw them at my lcs. I passed. Nothing special. IMHO.

wellwisher
09-19-2005, 07:57 PM
Mom taught me to say nothing if you can't say something nice.

Azog
09-19-2005, 11:27 PM
Invisible Woman is not so good, but she comes with pivotal pieces for the Dio. Thing is the best so far, but I am mainly looking forward to Mole Man, I think he will be the best as he holds the most detail.... I am happy with them, they are not Bowen, but what I expect from Diamond, good quality, great paint apps, and the sculpts are hit and miss, but its worth it to have for the fact that it is the Fantastic Four

silverageguy
09-20-2005, 09:05 AM
I think I am going to pass on this.
For some reason, the diorama doesn't have the same appeal to me as the Silver Age X-Men set did - even though I liked the FF much more than the X-Men.

Attached below is a shot of what I did with the Diamond Select X-Men display - which now resides in a case from casesforcollectibles.com on the top of my glass cabinet with My really beat-up copy of X-Men #1.
It turned out great!

Thanks for the advice, fellows . . .

DDura711
09-20-2005, 09:36 AM
I'm getting them as they come out in a trade so it's cool for me. They are bigger then most would think and now I gotta figure out where they are gonna fit in the collection.

wellwisher
09-25-2005, 11:01 AM
I don't think there's anything that can make this stuff look good, seeing it in person or not.

deaconbluezzz
09-26-2005, 08:34 PM
I don't think there's anything that can make this stuff look good, seeing it in person or not.

Ummm...cataracts might.

Rob Potts
09-26-2005, 10:12 PM
I think I am going to pass on this.
For some reason, the diorama doesn't have the same appeal to me as the Silver Age X-Men set did - even though I liked the FF much more than the X-Men.

Attached below is a shot of what I did with the Diamond Select X-Men display - which now resides in a case from casesforcollectibles.com on the top of my glass cabinet with My really beat-up copy of X-Men #1.
It turned out great!

Thanks for the advice, fellows . . .

Now that's a "mans-man" display! Hope this is in a secure place, at home and not the office. X-Men #1 would be a temptation for anyone.
Really cool....