PDA

View Full Version : New License Announcement Frank Frazetta!

Chronicle CS
10-26-2016, 04:16 PM
Chronicle Collectibles is proud to announce our partnership with the Frank Frazetta Museum and Frank Frazetta Jr.

Chronicle will be producing statues and busts based on Frank Frazetta's artwork in different scales.

Please look for our first offering before the end of the year.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14883637_1763853617207809_781770395609531295_o.jpg

Chronicle CS
10-26-2016, 04:17 PM
We will not be repeating things that have been done in the past! Let's just get that out of the way... ;)

Marcel54
10-26-2016, 04:21 PM
I would suggest you start with the Silver Warrior in a manageable scale. I will start saving up my money starting right now. There are plenty paintings to work from, so many great pieces to be made and had. Count me in.

Chronicle CS
10-26-2016, 04:22 PM
We are doing the Silver warrior in 1:9....

Marcel54
10-26-2016, 04:25 PM

Sounds like an acceptable scale considering the footprint with the polar bears.

CAIN MKII
10-26-2016, 04:35 PM
Without doudts an epic collection of beautyful art pieces

Chronicle CS
10-26-2016, 04:39 PM
These will not be my interpretations of Frank's art, they will be accurate recreations of the paintings in 3D.

I want it to fool the eye, if you see it painted in front of a background you'll think it was the painting.

Paul

Remember Me?
10-26-2016, 04:54 PM
1:1 Death Dealer bust?

One Above All
10-26-2016, 04:57 PM
can you please kindly consider to do a Jaguar God 1:6 statue?

Thank you

Big Hulk
10-26-2016, 05:27 PM
We will not be repeating things that have been done in the past! Let's just get that out of the way... ;)

You should...you would do a much better job!

qz33
10-26-2016, 05:54 PM
Wow didn't see this coming.

Xenoburger
10-26-2016, 06:19 PM
Interesting. I've been eyeing ARH's Death Dealer stuff for a while now, but haven't been impressed by it enough to order.

I know you said you won't be repeating anything that has already been done, but can you tell us if anything Death Dealer-related is planned?

Chronicle CS
10-26-2016, 06:24 PM
Death Dealer is planned, but I want to do one based on a sketch by Frank.

Valkyrie
10-26-2016, 06:57 PM
Exciting news!

I'm definitely in for the Silver Warrior.

SAB380
10-26-2016, 07:05 PM
Any plans for Tarzan ?
Frazetta had a ton of cool dynamic pieces.

clutch
10-26-2016, 07:26 PM
Minority here but I think this scene would be awesome.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PvZ02lDoCKk/TVdnbLxszKI/AAAAAAAAAEA/BihZ8Mdf_Ik/s1600/frank_frazetta_tyrannosaurusrex.jpg

zeus
10-26-2016, 07:31 PM
So whatever ARH has done will not be redone if I understand correctly?

Chronicle CS
10-26-2016, 07:36 PM
That is correct.....

tulk
10-26-2016, 07:40 PM
is the bust planned going to be 1/1 scale or 1/2 scale?

ambasah
10-26-2016, 07:42 PM
glad to see this line continues...and in better hands I may add.

STILL waiting for my DD from the other guy.

zeus
10-26-2016, 07:43 PM
So whatever ARH has done will not be redone if I understand correctly?

That is correct.....

Its a shame will have liked a smaller death dealer scale.

Xenoburger
10-26-2016, 07:44 PM
Death Dealer is planned, but I want to do one based on a sketch by Frank.Ah, well that is certainly new. I'm only familiar with a few of the paintings, didn't know anything about his sketches.

TNovak
10-26-2016, 07:54 PM

There is already the Bowen DD and DD mini if you want smaller scale. Also Dark Horse is putting out a 1/7 DD III so you should be good

TNovak
10-26-2016, 07:56 PM

The much anticipated Tony Cipriano version or another sculptor?

Chronicle CS
10-26-2016, 08:05 PM
Didn't know Cipriano was doing one, you have information on it? We were told that we were the only company to have the rights to the Silver Warrior. Looks like I need to call the family tomorrow.

It's Sisko
10-26-2016, 08:27 PM
1:1 Death Dealer bust?

I would be ALL over that. Here's a fan-made DD bust in 1:3 scale. If Chronicle make something like that in 1:1 or 1:2 I'm so there. I'd be interested in any of the other DD in 1/4 as well.

http://orig13.deviantart.net/ab43/f/2013/045/1/1/death_dealer_1_3_scale_bust_2_by_chrisgabrish-d5uyst5.jpg

Wombat
10-26-2016, 08:27 PM
Just take my money now.

TNovak
10-26-2016, 08:35 PM
Didn't know Cipriano was doing one, you have information on it? We were told that we were the only company to have the rights to the Silver Warrior. Looks like I need to call the family tomorrow.

I don't have any inside info just saw his WIP that I thought was close to done that he was doing a few years ago for Reel Art Studios but then of course they quit putting them out so I thought maybe you had just gotten it from him since it is so close to the end of the year and you were saying it would be available this year.

But no, if you guys weren't putting it out I don't think Tony has plans to release it. You should contact him though, I think he has some other Frazetta stuff he was working on for himself just sitting there.....ready to put out.....

Wombat
10-26-2016, 08:41 PM
Would love to see Moon Maid or Dark Kingdom.

TNovak
10-26-2016, 08:48 PM
I'm happy with my Reelart Moon Made and my Steven Lord Dark Kingdom. Thrilled they are doing Silver Warrior and would love to see Destroyer or Night Winds.

Nidgit
10-26-2016, 09:16 PM

So no chance of a life-sized Frazetta Robocop bust then ??? :p

CAIN MKII
10-26-2016, 09:29 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/9628/KLcFmU.jpg

Perfect timing for artbook browsing.
Hopefully, We will see some major Conan awesomeness :)
Or some little Annie Fanny ;)

akitadad
10-26-2016, 10:24 PM
One thing to keep in mind, if Chronicle's deal is only with Jr., then that eliminates around seventy-five % of the Frazetta works, unless there is a mutual agreement over the rights to reproduce a subject controlled by one of the other siblings

Viper245
10-26-2016, 10:38 PM
This is fantastic news! It's about time a proper company does this license justice. Looking forward to seeing what Frazetta masterpieces come out from the minds at Chronicle.

qz33
10-26-2016, 10:44 PM
Please some 1:1 busts.

SAB380
10-27-2016, 12:24 AM
One thing to keep in mind, if Chronicle's deal is only with Jr., then that eliminates around seventy-five % of the Frazetta works, unless there is a mutual agreement over the rights to reproduce a subject controlled by one of the other siblings

Is that really a thing?
ARH last had the license and never made any reference to the works being split across multiple rights holders.

warhead
10-27-2016, 02:51 AM
WOW!

Phil the sixth
10-27-2016, 04:53 AM
This is fantastic news! It's about time a proper company does this license justice. Looking forward to seeing what Frazetta masterpieces come out from the minds at Chronicle.

I have never seen one in person but in photos these ARH Frazetta releases are looking great.
Why do people think otherwise?

ambasah
10-27-2016, 08:24 AM
I have never seen one in person but in photos these ARH Frazetta releases are looking great.
Why do people think otherwise?

It has less to do with the final product, but just about everything else with that company.

TNovak
10-27-2016, 09:10 AM
Is that really a thing?
ARH last had the license and never made any reference to the works being split across multiple rights holders.

The way I understand it is every sibling has rights to the paintings that they got so no other sibling can grant rights to that painting. However, this is NOT true of 12 of the most iconic. All of the siblings have joint and individual rights on those.

I don't know all of them but for sure these:

DD on a horse, Barbarian, Dark Kingdom, Cat Woman, Silver Warrior, Egyptian Queen, I'm not sure of the rest.

Even though Heidi has DD on a Horse, any of the siblings can merchandise off it. Holly I know has Dark Kingdom and Egyptian Queen, I saw them in person in Austin last year when she and Robert Rodriquez temporarily displayed them. Junior has Silver Warrior and Cat Woman.

On the other hand Jr has Atlantis and no other sibling could produce that one without his permission since he has rights to that and it isn't one of the 12 agreed joint rights.

At least that is my understanding but I am certainly not in the inner circle or anything.

clutch
10-27-2016, 09:48 AM

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kabukistudio/frazettas-masterpieces-death-dealer?ref=nav_search

goto
10-27-2016, 11:11 AM
Please another DD1 in 1/4 !

wolf-brother
10-27-2016, 02:03 PM
Destroyer in a small scale please! :D

akitadad
10-27-2016, 03:08 PM
The way I understand it is every sibling has rights to the paintings that they got so no other sibling can grant rights to that painting. However, this is NOT true of 12 of the most iconic. All of the siblings have joint and individual rights on those.

I don't know all of them but for sure these:

DD on a horse, Barbarian, Dark Kingdom, Cat Woman, Silver Warrior, Egyptian Queen, I'm not sure of the rest.

Even though Heidi has DD on a Horse, any of the siblings can merchandise off it. Holly I know has Dark Kingdom and Egyptian Queen, I saw them in person in Austin last year when she and Robert Rodriquez temporarily displayed them. Junior has Silver Warrior and Cat Woman.

On the other hand Jr has Atlantis and no other sibling could produce that one without his permission since he has rights to that and it isn't one of the 12 agreed joint rights.

At least that is my understanding but I am certainly not in the inner circle or anything.

I wonder who has the "Destroyer".and is that one of the twelve you mentioned.

wolf-brother
10-27-2016, 03:35 PM

I know for sure that ARH was authorized to do Destroyer and Warrior from Frank Jr. so they may be part of the twelve. ARH was planning on doing both in 1/6 scale which would still be monstrous considering all the elements of the paintings. I really hope Chronicle can get these done in 1/7 or 1/8 as they would be epic dios. I've been waiting for a Destroyer and Warrior dio forever and each time it looks like one is on the brink of getting done it has never come to fruition. A total disappointment for me.

Bob Morton
10-27-2016, 05:16 PM
Please no 1/4 scale. 1/4 is way too big. The only reason I did not get the ARH statues is that they are too large and tough to display. Smaller statues are you aside to display and collect.

And please do some Conan pieces.

67L88Stingray
10-27-2016, 08:07 PM
Please no 1/4 scale. 1/4 is way too big. The only reason I did not get the ARH statues is that they are too large and tough to display. Smaller statues are you aside to display and collect.

And please do some Conan pieces.

I like the larger stuff, would be nice to see both. One epic large piece looks better to me than 4-5 smaller pieces.

qz33
10-27-2016, 08:57 PM
I still want the pices to be large but smaller in scale for 2 reasons:
I want some environmental acoutrements
smaller scales work better in abstract.
A lot of Frazetta isn't sharply defined. When bringing that to the real world it doesn't work in huge scales.

SAB380
10-27-2016, 09:17 PM
1/4 scale please !

IMO Only time it should be smaller is for the massive pieces like when you have to fit in 4 polar bears and a chariot :D

TNovak
10-27-2016, 10:10 PM

I'm not sure. I think that painting was sold while Frank Sr was still alive and I know Conqueror (a/k/a Bezerker) was. I always wondered if you get the painting would you then have merchandising rights but either that is not the case generally or they (Frazettas) put it in their sale that they would keep the merchandising rights which I'm sure would be fine with Kurt Hemmit anyway.

As Wolfbrother mentioned, Destroyer was being considered by ARH at one time so I think it can be done. I also know that when C S Moore had the Frazetta license he was going to do 4 statues of which Destroyer was one and he went with Conqueror first which I thought at the time was a huge mistake. That is among the worst paintings to try to transfer to 3D Horse is in odd contortion and in mid air, really weird facial expression, without the surronding warriors to give context it just didn't look great as a statue.

When Moore had trouble selling the Conqueror they opted not to do the others, sadly. CS Moore did fantastic on the 1/7 Barbarian and Conqueror and 1/6 Mars Maid IMO and would have done a great Destroyer. I have high hopes for Chronicle as well.

TNovak
10-27-2016, 10:11 PM
RE scale, I think 1/4 is ok for 1 figure in Museum pose but ANYTHING other than that needs to be smaller and if you are having several figures (like Destroyer or Silver Warrior) you need to have smaller scale for both cost and space considerations.

1/6 is my favorite scale but 1/7 (Bowen and CS Moore) scale can work if done with great detail, like Barbarian and Conqueror although I wish Conqueror would have included surrounding warriors.

Marcel54
10-28-2016, 01:47 AM
RE scale, I think 1/4 is ok for 1 figure in Museum pose but ANYTHING other than that needs to be smaller and if you are having several figures (like Destroyer or Silver Warrior) you need to have smaller scale for both cost and space considerations.

1/6 is my favorite scale but 1/7 (Bowen and CS Moore) scale can work if done with great detail, like Barbarian and Conqueror although I wish Conqueror would have included surrounding warriors.

I understand what you say about Conqueror. When my wife first saw that facial expression she said some nasty things :) until I showed her a photo of the painting and then she understood.....although she still doesn't like his face :)

akitadad
10-28-2016, 10:58 AM
The first two Frazetta pieces that I bought were Bowen's Death Dealer, and Clayburn Moore's Barbarian. I remember reading about how close Clayburn and Frank communicated about detail and all the aspects of the sculpt... Since Frank Frazetta's passing, that second voice, Frank's input is gone, and it seems that a few of the sculpts that have appeared recently,have their share of flaws; Enough flaws to have limited sales...I have wanted a quality sculpt of the 'Destroyer',for years, so for me anything less than all the elements in the painting is incomplete; Which brings me back to the idea that some art cannot translate to another medium,at least successfully. When I look at the perfection of that action frozen in time, I really have to wonder if it could ever be done right as a sculpt

TNovak
10-28-2016, 12:34 PM
The first two Frazetta pieces that I bought were Bowen's Death Dealer, and Clayburn Moore's Barbarian. I remember reading about how close Clayburn and Frank communicated about detail and all the aspects of the sculpt... Since Frank Frazetta's passing, that second voice, Frank's input is gone, and it seems that a few of the sculpts that have appeared recently,have their share of flaws; Enough flaws to have limited sales...I have wanted a quality sculpt of the 'Destroyer',for years, so for me anything less than all the elements in the painting is incomplete; Which brings me back to the idea that some art cannot translate to another medium,at least successfully. When I look at the perfection of that action frozen in time, I really have to wonder if it could ever be done right as a sculpt

I remember talking to Tony Cipriano one time how he and the late great Micheal Hudson took his "Snow Giants" out to Frank Sr for final review and Frank liked it but just asked him to make a minor adjustment to Conan's chin (down more I think?) and how it really was an improvement. I love the Cipriano Snow Giants as well as an action sculpt of a Frazetta painting and I think it shows that it can be done.

akitadad
10-28-2016, 02:24 PM
I remember talking to Tony Cipriano one time how he and the late great Micheal Hudson took his "Snow Giants" out to Frank Sr for final review and Frank liked it but just asked him to make a minor adjustment to Conan's chin (down more I think?) and how it really was an improvement. I love the Cipriano Snow Giants as well as an action sculpt of a Frazetta painting and I think it shows that it can be done.

I liked the way the Snow Giants turned out, and for the money,a bargain. Like almost all of the Frazetta pieces ,the factory paint detracts from the sculpts.I shot over to the Frazetta Girls site this morning to check out their collection of "Destroyer"prints and canvas offerings, and when you really look at all the foreground figures and details involved you can really see why this one is so hard to execute as a sculpt: And if it can, you are going to PAY$$$

Kriegsfuerst
10-30-2016, 04:49 AM
This is so fantastic news. I hope to never, ever have to deal with ARH again. I'm still waiting for all my pending orders from them but afterwards, I just never wanna even have to read the name ARH again.... ewwwww !

Count me in for any Death Dealer, Conan, Viking, Jaguar God, Barbarian related sculpts no matter which scale...no matter what price

Phil the sixth
10-30-2016, 05:51 AM
It has less to do with the final product, but just about everything else with that company.

Now I see why people are so extremely happy with ARH Studios.Damn, just finished reading some of the horror stories people went through with that company...and still are! :jawd:
It's beyond me how these guys are still in business.This has to be the worst service you can get from any company.Incredible.
Good to see a proper company acquiring the Frazetta license.

DeadGhostKnight
10-30-2016, 10:48 AM
Very cool been waiting for Silver Warrior since forever.

Will be keeping my eye on these.

shedman
10-30-2016, 02:02 PM
I'm 63 and thought I would never see this in my lifetime. I think the scale of this is perfect, considering all the figures involved. I'm all for 1/6 scale and smaller for statues based on multiple figures. Hope they do Night Winds, The Brain, Winged Terror, The Destroyer, The Sorcerer,Green Death,The Apparition, and Indomitable.But again, I hope they keep them in scale for easy display,and affordability for us average working folks.

Marcel54
10-30-2016, 04:57 PM
I'm 63 and thought I would never see this in my lifetime. I think the scale of this is perfect, considering all the figures involved. I'm all for 1/6 scale and smaller for statues based on multiple figures. Hope they do Night Winds, The Brain, Winged Terror, The Destroyer, The Sorcerer,Green Death,The Apparition, and Indomitable.But again, I hope they keep them in scale for easy display,and affordability for us average working folks.

My thoughts exactly (I am 62)...and add Sea Witch please.

A Cimmerian
10-30-2016, 09:04 PM
Great news ! Please consider my avatar for one of your first statues.

jaguargod
11-02-2016, 10:19 AM
can you please kindly consider to do a Jaguar God 1:6 statue?

Thank you

Yes, please give us a Jaguar God statue. I am only aware of the Shiflett Brothers kit, which was amazing, but almost a couple of decades old.

SAB380
11-03-2016, 03:03 AM
I am ready to see your Frazetta Tarzan now.

TNovak
11-04-2016, 11:38 AM
Just curious since we know it isn't the one Tony Cipriano had already been working on a few years ago for Reelart, are we thinking the sculpt will be done by the end of they year? Can we know who the sculptor is and if it is digital or traditional sculpt and if there are any WIP pics?

Thanks.

Marcel54
11-04-2016, 01:31 PM
Just curious since we know it isn't the one Tony Cipriano had already been working on a few years ago for Reelart, are we thinking the sculpt will be done by the end of they year? Can we know who the sculptor is and if it is digital or traditional sculpt and if there are any WIP pics?

Thanks.

:goodpost: So many relevant questions I want answers to.

zeus
11-04-2016, 02:05 PM
Come on you announced the licence but at least tease us with a wip or image.

SONICobra
11-04-2016, 03:15 PM
These will not be my interpretations of Frank's art, they will be accurate recreations of the paintings in 3D.

I want it to fool the eye, if you see it painted in front of a background you'll think it was the painting.

Paul

you should really hit tony cipriano up, he LOVES frazetta and hes totally into the style of sculpting youre referring to here. also hes a total class act and very cool to work with

TNovak
11-06-2016, 03:27 PM

I think Silver Warrior is a fantastic choice for first statue in the line.

After that my preference would be:

1. Nightwinds
2. Destroyer

And after that I would really be down for about anything. I am kind of tired of Death Dealers though. Too many of those already IMO, when there are so many other choices.

shedman
11-06-2016, 04:14 PM
My thoughts exactly.

warhead
11-07-2016, 01:07 AM
Blasphemy!

PermaGrin
11-07-2016, 10:06 AM
I purchase this poster long ago, not knowing the character and solely based on the art of it.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/45/b0/64/45b06457b3f76dd93524f39218f4c6da.jpg

Would be badass to see a statue of it.

TNovak
11-07-2016, 10:11 AM
That one is a Ken Kelly called "Death's End". There was a fairly large 20" statue of that one. It was sculpted by Tony Cipriano and is actually still available on Ken Kelly's website

http://www.kenkellyfantasyart.com/catalog/item/8262252/8957921.htm

It is pretty expensive though at $2500 even though it is Resin. Why so expensive? Because you can only buy them pre-painted and each one is hand painted by Ken Kelly himself.

Ken Kelly is most famous for having done the Kiss Destroyer and Love Gun album covers in the 1970's. He also did a couple lesser known ones.

PermaGrin
11-07-2016, 11:27 PM
pretty dope, didnt know, thanks

based on paul's comment, guess I wont see that from CC then.

TNovak
11-08-2016, 01:15 AM

Yeah unfortunately a double whammy. Not a Frazetta and already done.

If you like Ken Kelly art though Hard Hero produced a "Snake Pit" 1/5 scale statue

This is Shedman's on the far right.
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u170/TeddyNovak/Shed/DSC00025.jpg (http://s168.photobucket.com/user/TeddyNovak/media/Shed/DSC00025.jpg.html)

I know ARH was doing a Snake Pit too, but don't know if it is still a go.

There are also a couple of Ken Kelly unpainted kits, but don't think we are supposed to discuss those here.

Wombat
11-08-2016, 10:14 PM

Kelly actually studied under Frazetta in case anyone didn't know.

Kriegsfuerst
11-11-2016, 06:19 AM
Ken Kelly's art work is also top notch. Some of his paintings definitely match his teacher's work. Especially Death's End.

About a year ago, ARH was bragging to have acquired Ken Kelly's license. Damn I'm so glad it was only wishfull thinking. Just the thought of it to deal with them again gives me the chills....

I've got no. 7, handpainted by Ken, who is a very likeable and good-hearted person by the way.

https://abload.de/thumb/snap00267332spe.jpg (http://abload.de/image.php?img=snap00267332spe.jpg)https://abload.de/thumb/snap000009vmj28.png (http://abload.de/image.php?img=snap000009vmj28.png)

TNovak
11-11-2016, 09:48 AM
Very cool Kriegs! I've never seen a photo of "Death's End" statue in hand. I can also vouch for Ken being a great guy. I ordered a leatherbound deluxe art book that was limited edition and came with an original pencil sketch. He actually talked to me on the phone and asked me what I wanted for a sketch and we talked for a while about his art and some other stuff.

Don't want to hijack this thread but just wanted to throw that in as long as he came up.

warhead
11-11-2016, 10:19 AM
Congrats on your Deathsend statue...wanted one badly, just not at that price it was going for...was holding out for a kit that never happened.

Wombat
11-11-2016, 02:04 PM
Ken Kelly was extremely nice when I met him at a con. I had a Frazetta shirt on and he called me over just to chat. Got some nice prints that he signed.

TNovak
11-17-2016, 07:13 PM
Well this went quiet in a hurry?

Chronicle CS
11-17-2016, 07:28 PM
Maybe because we are working on getting product ready for market...

TNovak
11-17-2016, 08:45 PM
Maybe because we are working on getting product ready for market...

Fair enough.

Marcel54
11-18-2016, 04:14 PM
I understand, but a sneak peek would be nice.

Kriegsfuerst
11-19-2016, 06:02 AM
The Dark Kingdom would definitely be my most wanted piece in scale 1:4

http://www.arts-wallpapers.com/fantasy_galleries/frank-frazetta-art/images/fantasy_artist_frank_frazetta_darkkingdom.jpg

It has been released before in a smaller scale. I don't remember who sculpted it. But I was disappointed by the way it came out so I didn't buy it back then.
Over the years I regretted it many times, because after all this is one of the best Frazetta paintings.

TNovak
11-19-2016, 10:53 PM
The Dark Kingdom would definitely be my most wanted piece in scale 1:4

http://www.arts-wallpapers.com/fantasy_galleries/frank-frazetta-art/images/fantasy_artist_frank_frazetta_darkkingdom.jpg

It has been released before in a smaller scale. I don't remember who sculpted it. But I was disappointed by the way it came out so I didn't buy it back then.
Over the years I regretted it many times, because after all this is one of the best Frazetta paintings.

It was sculpted by Steven Lord. That one in particular was overseen by Frank Frazetta himself and was produced by the Frazettas themselves. A lot of people didn't like that one for a couple of reasons. First, it was a "loose" sculpt, which was Frank's preference. In fact he instructed Steve to sculpt it that way and Frank liked it so much that he said before he passed that future works would be done by Steve as well. Second, the factory paint job was atrocious. Bad doesn't begin to describe it. It had pink on several spots and others were bare resin missing any paint at all.

Still, if painted properly it looks good IMO. It is 1/6 scale. I had mine repainted by Saul Alvarez, Alex Castro did a good one, and our own Shedman's looks good IMO. Here is the one painted by Alex Castro

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u170/TeddyNovak/Dark%20Kingdom/Castro%20Dark%20Kingdom.jpg (http://s168.photobucket.com/user/TeddyNovak/media/Dark%20Kingdom/Castro%20Dark%20Kingdom.jpg.html)

The really good thing about this one is you also got 3 original Frank Frazetta signatures. One on a print, one on the bottom of the statue, and one on a plate that went on the front.

warhead
11-20-2016, 12:21 AM
I like Alex's and Saul's paintup! never saw Shedman's paintup...got any pics of his.

TNovak
11-20-2016, 12:40 AM
I like Alex's and Saul's paintup! never saw Shedman's paintup...got any pics of his.

I am on my phone now but pretty sure it is in the first few pages of the Frazetta talk thread.

zeus
11-21-2016, 04:18 PM
Nothing to show here,move along please .

Otter
11-22-2016, 07:17 AM
The Moon's Rapture is easily my favourite Frazetta piece, and would make an incredible statue... I think.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0894/8394/products/Moon-Rapture-TFA.jpg?v=1436975011

I just don't like the chances, with so many other, iconic artworks.

Failing that, include me in those who would be very tempted by anything Tarzan.

thedarkknight77
11-22-2016, 09:29 PM
As a huge fan I need to chime in. I would love an affordable, resin/fiberglass based, life size replica of the Death Dealer Axe and Helmet to display! Go Chronicle!

Gyro Zeppeli
11-22-2016, 09:50 PM
I'm excited for this line. I really hope they do the one with Dracula and Frankenstein's Monster. I love that painting.

Wombat
11-23-2016, 10:32 AM
I'm excited for this line. I really hope they do the one with Dracula and Frankenstein's Monster. I love that painting.

I would love one of the Dracula Werewolf pictures.

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/85/8597/X3IV300Z/posters/frank-frazetta-werewolf-vs-dracula.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m212/jsnyder3131/ReelArt%20Studios/DraculaMeetstheWolfmanPainting.jpg

TNovak
11-23-2016, 10:41 AM
I would love one of the Dracula Werewolf pictures.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m212/jsnyder3131/ReelArt%20Studios/DraculaMeetstheWolfmanPainting.jpg

I have this one, it was done by Reelart a few years ago. I think Troy McDevitt Sculpted it. ES was 500, which was much less than the others.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u170/TeddyNovak/dracwwbox.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u170/TeddyNovak/Office/Office013.jpg

Reelart scale varied a little from statue to statue but this one is about 1/7, or commonly referred to as "the Bowen Scale" and pretty much on par with the CS Moore Barbarian scale wise

Wombat
11-23-2016, 11:12 AM
I have had that one on my list for a while.

Xenoburger
11-23-2016, 12:08 PM
That werewolf vs Dracula looks pretty damn fantastic. Is it still available anywhere?

I'd like to see Chronicle make one in 1/4 scale.

Wombat
11-23-2016, 12:11 PM
That werewolf vs Dracula looks pretty damn fantastic. Is it still available anywhere?

I'd like to see Chronicle make one in 1/4 scale.

It shows up on ebay every once in awhile.

Kriegsfuerst
11-24-2016, 04:44 AM
@TNovak: you have an impressive collection and I like how you display your statues with their matching art-prints and each with a different frame. Is there a video of your collection on youtube?

TNovak
11-24-2016, 06:00 AM
@TNovak: you have an impressive collection and I like how you display your statues with their matching art-prints and each with a different frame. Is there a video of your collection on youtube?

No sorry man I don't know how to do you tube. I have some bad photos on my FB page you can see here.

https://www.facebook.com/darrin.hinze.1/media_set?set=a.601733373361920.1073741842.100005757884635&type=3&pnref=story

or you can see it grow over time from a thread here I started a few years ago. It includes stuff I no longer have that I sold or traded as well as some of my movie stuff that is no longer in my office but now in the house in the basement.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=94709

I wish I was a better photographer :(

Marcel54
12-13-2016, 12:32 PM
An update would be nice.

zeus
12-13-2016, 08:41 PM
An update would be nice.

I second that!

AndAlsoTheTrees
12-20-2016, 04:55 PM
any update please ?

zeus
12-20-2016, 06:40 PM
Hope this license doesn't ruin you guys like it did ARH.

Kriegsfuerst
12-23-2016, 06:02 AM

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14883637_1763853617207809_781770395609531295_o.jpg

not many days left in 2016....

clutch
12-23-2016, 09:13 AM
Frazetta got eaten by a dinosaur.

Phil the sixth
12-23-2016, 10:49 AM

lol...good riddance! :muahaha:

oddlysober
12-23-2016, 03:33 PM

:laugh:

Wombat
12-31-2016, 11:34 AM
Every day I'm hoping for a sneak peek. Can't wait to see what is coming out.

AndAlsoTheTrees
12-31-2016, 01:02 PM
Every day I'm hoping for a sneak peek. Can't wait to see what is coming out.

:goodpost:

#Brian
01-01-2017, 02:36 PM
I've been waiting all year for some news on this!

Catman
01-06-2017, 03:27 PM
still no update??? c'mon!

Catman
01-10-2017, 12:29 PM
Its really exciting to get an Urlik statue in general.
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/stormbringer/images/9/97/Urlik.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1000?cb=20160512073754
I think that Moorecock's Eternal Champion/Multiverse line is severely neglected. Elric statues alone are rare. I recently got an amazing 1/5th one from Epic Statues (https://www.facebook.com/EPICSTATUES/) in Greece.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/12274202_1653219791585992_6386754066424076169_n.jpg?oh=81619266e3f24e91e18ee136564e549d&oe=58E48F49

I was so impressed at the quality that I ordered their rendition of Kane from the cover of "Bloodstone". Cant wait for it to arrive!

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15355652_1800719206836049_2028010911297604529_n.jpg?oh=06e6249f808e8034d92f59bdc7dd3131&oe=5919BD7B

All of these amazing characters that need more love.

VERY excited to see what Chronicle comes up with.

TNovak
01-11-2017, 01:27 PM
Shedman and I have that Kane. It is pretty cool for sure.

Catman
01-16-2017, 09:42 AM
Yeah, I couldn't stop myself. The statue is just a little on the static side. Was playing with the concept of grabbing some of these (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN16997&mode=retail) to add some movement, but the scale would probably be off.

Wombat
01-29-2017, 11:03 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/O38dU2kkQ9sWc/giphy.gif

Catman
02-02-2017, 03:46 PM
http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/201566/rs_500x269-150706125053-bj5.gif

AndAlsoTheTrees
02-05-2017, 05:42 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/xA1PKCt00IDew/giphy.gif

Dave Mac
02-05-2017, 06:19 AM
http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/201566/rs_500x269-150706125053-bj5.gif

Did you know the shrunken head given as a present to the boy in Nightmare Before Christmas was based on that scene?

Oh well. ......

Back to waiting!

AndAlsoTheTrees
02-07-2017, 08:53 AM
Hi All,

I wanted to take a moment and stop in and introduce myself. For those of you that don't already know me, I'm Alex Alva, the Director of Operations at Chronicle Collectibles. I am in charge of the day to day operations of the all current projects here at the company..
[...]
I'm so happy to get any feedback, praise, or just general questions.

I will also continue to announce new and exciting projects! We plan to have a productive year at Chronicle Collectibles, please please stay tuned ;)

Thanks again,

Alex :)

Hi Alex, welcome on board.
Your presence here is very much appreciated, so thank you and Paul and Chronicle for that.

Ok, enough with the social niceties, now let's talk about business !

Chronicle Collectibles is proud to announce our partnership with the Frank Frazetta Museum and Frank Frazetta Jr.

Chronicle will be producing statues and busts based on Frank Frazetta's artwork in different scales.

Please look for our first offering before the end of the year(2016).

Could we have an update about your projects for the Frazetta Licence ?
It was annonced on 10-26-2016 with a first offering before the end of 2016, and then... :tumblew:

AndAlsoTheTrees
02-07-2017, 08:55 AM
Did you know the shrunken head given as a present to the boy in Nightmare Before Christmas was based on that scene?

No I didn't ! Thank you for the information !

nbr3bagshotrow
02-07-2017, 12:46 PM

Is the Frazetta license what got ARH into his financial issues?

Marcel54
02-07-2017, 01:11 PM

Yes, it was. Too much expectations, not enough sales.

AndAlsoTheTrees
02-07-2017, 02:10 PM

ARH has no financial issues. https://www.surlatoile.com/smileys/repository/Films_et_TV/pinochio.gif

Catman
02-09-2017, 12:40 PM
http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u366/jiffy117/bueller-meme-generator-anyone-bueller-e3495d_zpsq11l4s1c.jpg

dao2
02-09-2017, 02:20 PM
ARH has no financial issues. https://www.surlatoile.com/smileys/repository/Films_et_TV/pinochio.gif

I don't think they've ever said they don't have issues and in fact are the ones that mentioned (multiple times) that frazetta threw them for a loop

AndAlsoTheTrees
02-09-2017, 03:49 PM
I don't think they've ever said they don't have issues and in fact are the ones that mentioned (multiple times) that frazetta threw them for a loop

Ok, thanks for the update, good to know it's official.
Let's go back to Chronicle now.
With their Thulsa Doom and Frazetta line coming (at least, I hope so), I might be the next one with official financial issues...

Chronicle CS
02-15-2017, 05:20 PM
Yeah I get it guys, we're working on it, Death Dealer will be our first piece, but it's not what you are expecting, something Frank did in the early eighties I've resurrected and I think you'll find it just as kick ass as I do....

Paul

Barbarian
02-15-2017, 05:21 PM
YEAH!!! :buttrock:

warhead
02-15-2017, 05:27 PM
Hell yeah!!
Sneak peak please.

Viper245
02-15-2017, 10:57 PM
Sweet! It sounds like it will be a fresh take.

Wombat
02-16-2017, 10:15 PM
Just give us a tease. You know you want to.

The SHOGUN
02-16-2017, 10:42 PM
Paul showed the Death Dealer in the weekly chat video.

It's like a Death Dealer for kids.

Gyro Zeppeli
02-16-2017, 11:07 PM

What does that even mean? :laugh:

Wombat
02-16-2017, 11:08 PM
What does that even mean? :laugh:

Not what I was expecting. Oh well.

TNovak
02-16-2017, 11:10 PM

I watched it. It is definitely different. I don't think I will get it, but I wish Chronicle well with it. Really looking forward to Silver Warrior.

dannygarrett09
02-17-2017, 08:51 AM
But he also said that more detailed and bigger statues are coming just got to give them time and be patient

The SHOGUN
02-17-2017, 09:48 AM
But he also said that more detailed and bigger statues are coming just got to give them time and be patient

Good because I don't see the light hearted PG-Rated Frazetta toys being all that successful.

AndAlsoTheTrees
02-17-2017, 04:17 PM
Not at all what I was expecting. Not at all... :inquisiti

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/945343Capturer.jpg

Catman
02-17-2017, 04:17 PM

Yeah, a little bit of a sideways direction. And this has indeed been done before- ie KID ROBOT (https://www.kidrobot.com/products/frazetta-death-dealer-medium-figure-frank-kozik) albeit a smidge more towards the super deformed/ toy direction.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0584/3841/products/vinyl-frazetta-death-dealer-medium-figure-by-frank-kozik-1.jpg?v=1478902550

Still, death dealer through a bronie filter.

Choopie
02-17-2017, 04:21 PM
Almost looks like it has an animated look, like something Gentle Giant would produce. I think it's cute, but not something I want to devote space to.

Chronicle CS
02-17-2017, 05:37 PM
These were actually designed by Frazetta and we are recreating his artwork. It's a lie he wanted to produce and for a low coast piece it will sell well. We already have two partners that want to release it, so even though it's not for everyone, it's something that Frank Jr. wanted to do and helping the family is important to us.

Barbarian
02-17-2017, 05:39 PM
Is this the style all of the Chronicle Frazetta pieces will take?

warhead
02-17-2017, 05:44 PM
Very cartoony...will get this to shakeup my Deathdealer collection.

#Brian
02-17-2017, 06:23 PM
Is this the style all of the Chronicle Frazetta pieces will take?

Paul said there will be 1/4 scale eventually.

Barbarian
02-17-2017, 06:26 PM
Paul said there will be 1/4 scale eventually.
1/4 scale in a more realistic or "Frazetta" style, or 1/4 scale in this more cartoony style?

#Brian
02-17-2017, 06:27 PM
These were actually designed by Frazetta and we are recreating his artwork. It's a lie he wanted to produce and for a low coast piece it will sell well. We already have two partners that want to release it, so even though it's not for everyone, it's something that Frank Jr. wanted to do and helping the family is important to us.

There you have it!
Straight from the (cute baby) horses mouth!
I will get this for sure. Probably keep it on my desk at the office.

#Brian
02-17-2017, 06:27 PM
1/4 scale in a more realistic or "Frazetta" style, or 1/4 scale in this more cartoony style?

Pretty sure realistic is what they said.

Wombat
02-17-2017, 07:59 PM
I guess if it was really cheap it would be kind of cool to add to the collection. Other than that, I'm not sure how many die hard Frazetta fans are going to like it.

Rotties4ever
02-17-2017, 09:53 PM
Never under estimate the appeal of super cute things. If the price is right they could sell a lot of these, kinda like Funko Pop vinyls.

clutch
02-18-2017, 01:00 PM
Kids aren't gonna know who it is.

Catman
02-22-2017, 09:45 AM
Kids aren't gonna know who it is.

I feel like, if kid robot is doing it, it must have some latent popculture-kid-appeal.

I am very eager to see the Silver Warrior, however. This death dealer my little pony does not satisfy the need that the basis of the thread established. That is to say, gimme my real statues.

It is also tax refund time, which means every red cent I can get my greasy claws on will be recklessly spent on statues I normally wouldn't plan to afford. "Black rainbow death prancer" is not going to hook me.

ReplicantSavior
02-22-2017, 03:50 PM
Small cute style figures are popular these days. I just saw the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman which I'll probably get.

I'll wait and see what they do for the Frazetta girls. I can't recall seeing Frazetta artwork in that style before. But I'm not an expert on all his work. I don't think most are, afterall most of us just found out about his warmup work...

TNovak
02-23-2017, 08:33 PM
Watched most of the video today but couldn't watch until the end. Any news on any Frazetta stuff? They were still talking about Jurrasic park dinosaur stuff when I had to leave.

67L88Stingray
02-23-2017, 10:09 PM
Watched most of the video today but couldn't watch until the end. Any news on any Frazetta stuff? They were still talking about Jurrasic park dinosaur stuff when I had to leave.

I haven't seen it yet, but you can rewatch anytime.

TNovak
02-23-2017, 10:46 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but you can rewatch anytime.

Yeah I know but I was thinking other people must have watched it and if the answer is simply "no, they don't talk about the Frazetta line" then I wouldn't take the trouble to figure out where I had left off and then watch the rest of it. It is over an hour long in total.

No offense meant, the dinosaurs are very well done but they just are not my thing and I don't have any interest in them so if that is all that is in this video then I can skip it.

67L88Stingray
02-24-2017, 04:24 AM
Yeah I know but I was thinking other people must have watched it and if the answer is simply "no, they don't talk about the Frazetta line" then I wouldn't take the trouble to figure out where I had left off and then watch the rest of it. It is over an hour long in total.

No offense meant, the dinosaurs are very well done but they just are not my thing and I don't have any interest in them so if that is all that is in this video then I can skip it.

No Frazetta news that I saw.

TNovak
02-24-2017, 10:09 AM
No Frazetta news that I saw.

Thanks.

Catman
06-09-2017, 06:59 PM
Still no update on anything from this beyond "death's little pony"? Still waiting for a decent silver warrior...

clutch
06-11-2017, 05:10 PM
Looks like they are full-on dinosaurs now

Catman
07-24-2017, 08:34 PM
Looks like they are full-on dinosaurs now

Perhaps I will soon fossilize in place waiting for a silver-warrior statue and then they can make a statue of my fossilized remains while I wait for a silver warrior statue- that would definitely sell ...

https://i.imgflip.com/ffzun.jpg?a416568