PDA

View Full Version : SIDESHOW IS TRYING TO GET MY MONIES!!!!!

COI
11-25-2016, 06:37 PM
Because they're a business, and not your personal collectibles/nostalgia therapist/Geisha.

Should I stick this at the top of this section? Is that necessary?

Enjoy your weekend. :)

Blacksunn
11-25-2016, 06:52 PM
https://alexkourvo.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/1084to.jpg?w=441&h=304

SONICobra
11-25-2016, 07:13 PM
sideshow is OBVIOUSLY out to get us all with their clever schemes... :rolleyes:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/12/29/17/2FABA0FC00000578-3377831-image-a-14_1451409762473.jpg

dafadcariad
11-25-2016, 07:28 PM
Come on people !!!

I've deleted a handful posts because they amounted to little more than bickering.

Please remember to keep your posts civil and if you find you just can't agree with another member then use the ignore feature.

This is sound advice. For all.

Comicbookguy
11-25-2016, 07:47 PM
sideshow is OBVIOUSLY out to get us all with their clever schemes

:iagree: yes SS is a business I agree. But imo prices has gone up way too inconsistent in ways that it's driving collectors crazy. For example pcs, prime1, xm is all still very consistent in their prices overall for the most part. With SS to me it looks like they are increasing prices more on the characters that receives the most in excitement and highest demand. It's also a way to get collectors used to the higher prices towards xm since people are paying that much. There should be a better way for SS to handle the price increases without causing so much drama that would make even the president and sculptor having to try to tell us why this happen. If the pricing causes that massive drama than something is not right....

Legal jumbo: the above is for entertainment purposes only. The words above is in no way intended for any real companies.

AlizAbef
11-25-2016, 08:01 PM
https://alexkourvo.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/1084to.jpg?w=441&h=304

Hahahaha!

SolidLiquidFox
11-25-2016, 08:01 PM
Because they're a business, and not your personal collectibles/nostalgia therapist/Geisha.

This is mind blowing :vortex:

johnclone
11-25-2016, 08:15 PM
STOP STATUEFORUM!!!!!

Agoniste
11-25-2016, 08:15 PM
:iagree: yes SS is a business I agree. But imo prices has gone up way too inconsistent in ways that it's driving collectors crazy. For example pcs, prime1, xm is all still very consistent in their prices overall for the most part. With SS to me it looks like they are increasing prices more on the characters that receives the most in excitement and highest demand. It's also a way to get collectors used to the higher prices towards xm since people are paying that much. There should be a better way for SS to handle the price increases without causing so much drama that would make even the president and sculptor having to try to tell us why this happen. If the pricing causes that massive drama than something is not right....

Legal jumbo: the above is for entertainment purposes only. The words above is in no way intended for any real companies.

I just though about something...XM does not have to ship overseas so in way it cost them less?

SolidLiquidFox
11-25-2016, 08:45 PM
I just though about something...XM does not have to ship overseas so in way it cost them less?

These Thanksgiving Revelations are brought to you by Turkey.

Turkey. The other white meat! :buttrock:

COI
11-25-2016, 08:51 PM
Sideshow's prices are consistent.

They consistently rise.

:rimshot:

built2shred
11-25-2016, 09:26 PM
I think I'm going to watch the used market for my statue collecting addition, with the glut of statues coming out, very few statues will hold their value making it easier to grab one later down the road at a more reasonable price...

It's all about patience :)

testsubject25
11-25-2016, 09:31 PM
Everybody is drunk this weekend.

I like it.

Continue.

Comicbookguy
11-25-2016, 09:37 PM
Sideshow's prices are consistent.

They consistently rise.

:rimshot:

:iagree:

I think I'm going to watch the used market for my statue collecting addition, with the glut of statues coming out, very few statues will hold their value making it easier to grab one later down the road at a more reasonable price...

:goodpost:

COI
11-25-2016, 10:26 PM

This is about where I am too. I think I'm done with pre-ordering.

And it's not even about getting stuff cheaper, I'm just tired of paying money and waiting for a year with my fingers crossed that I actually get what I ordered. I'd rather risk paying a few bucks more in exchange for getting stuff quickly and as expected.

Josh-a-tron
11-25-2016, 10:38 PM

Wait wait...so Sideshow is a business?

http://67.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvn8x8byy71r3zat8.gif

thecollector80
11-25-2016, 10:38 PM
they take my monies....and they have the balls to raise prices?! and "yes you're reading it right" :D

testsubject25
11-25-2016, 11:01 PM

I like this.

Spidey976
11-26-2016, 12:11 AM
Wait SSC IS A BUSINESS, and and .... they make us pay for ----!!!!

https://media3.giphy.com/media/wvFrJa4aWKuvm/200_s.gif

Jayfoghorn
11-26-2016, 12:25 AM

And it's not even about getting stuff cheaper, I'm just tired of paying money and waiting for a year with my fingers crossed that I actually get what I ordered. I'd rather risk paying a few bucks more in exchange for getting stuff quickly and as expected.

Totally agree with PO there's is no point in ordering day one as the es is not released and I've gotten SS ex pieces in the aftermarket for cheaper because oh high es #.
Plus we see in hand photos

built2shred
11-26-2016, 12:31 AM

I have to admit, I'm also tired of the waiting game, I do find it much more enjoyable to order a statue and get it a few days later. Plus like you said, you know exactly what your getting so no disappointing surprises...

With the exceptions of a few XM statues, most companies don't sell out very fast anymore, you can actually wait and see what the statue looks like before buying it. The whole "Exclusive" carrot to get you to order early is not that tempting anymore..

gagaliya
11-26-2016, 01:10 AM

heh i think you should moderate your own thread and lock it.

what's the point of this again?

COI
11-26-2016, 01:21 AM
heh i think you should moderate your own thread and lock it.

what's the point of this again?

Good question.

Killer Instinct
11-26-2016, 02:37 AM
What, They want my monies?

Planeswalker
11-26-2016, 12:20 PM
Shouldn't this thread and the "stop sideshow" thread be merged. They're both just post after post of why people dislike Sideshow.

:sly2:

Shouldn't these type threads be in the complaint section rather than in the section for product discussion?

kharlamov
11-26-2016, 01:08 PM
What would be awesome is if we could close both of them and all move on with our lives.

gomur
11-26-2016, 01:22 PM
What would be awesome is if we could close both of them and all move on with our lives.

Right. And PF prices will go back to $450. ;)

DP is what it is. People don't have to like it - as evidence by the last week - but they've probably resigned themselves to it deep down. The big question is what the next PF's price point will be. Is DP an isolated case or the new status quo? And will the DP preorders influence that answer?

COI
11-26-2016, 01:43 PM

I agree.