PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow Grail: What does it mean to you?

Planeswalker
12-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Starting this thread to avoid derailing another active thread and find out what is a Sideshow "Grail" to you?

What does it mean to you and do you have one?

Me, I consider a "Grail" a sought after piece, in this case Sideshow, that is highly desirable by the market yet hard to come by. My Sideshow Grail is my 1:1 Alien Warrior. To this day it's a head turner and a centerpiece of my collection. What's your Sideshow Grail and what does it mean to you?

:D

Nugchompa
12-05-2016, 08:56 PM
I think most would just refer to it as their cornerstone piece. I'm not sure I would truly consider any mass produced statue a grail, but it comes down to personal preference.

Atimantium
12-05-2016, 09:08 PM
I think most would just refer to it as their cornerstone piece. I'm not sure I would truly consider any mass produced statue a grail, but it comes down to personal preference.

+1

There is no such thing as a grail. Just what you consider a grail.

SONICobra
12-05-2016, 09:10 PM
something along the lines of this

http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=100018&d=1480986626

Planeswalker
12-05-2016, 09:16 PM
I've also got the Meg Mucklebones LSB which, to me, I consider a Grail. They make VERY FEW of them(200?) and I am HUGE fan of Legend. The quality of the LSB is incredible and overlooked by people who are not a fan of the license.

But again yes, a Grail is of personal preference.

built2shred
12-05-2016, 09:17 PM
A grail would be the original Superman comic in mint condition. Now that's a grail.

I don't think there really are any true grails with statues, most are always available, even Doom on Throne and XM Magneto are readily available if you want to dish out $3000+... I would maybe call them grail light :)

If there was only like 8 Doom on Throne statues in the whole world then I would say it was a grail but there are hundreds of them out there...

Now personal grails, well that's a different subject...

SONICobra
12-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Now personal grails, well that's a different subject...

:iagree:

as far as im concerned, there are only personal grails

COI
12-05-2016, 09:34 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that would approach "grail" status in this hobby would be a prototype, because that's an original piece of art to a mass produced piece. And I don't mean a sample, or artist's proof, or whatever, I'm talking the original prototype made by SS's artists.

A prototype checks all the boxes for a "grail" collectible.

COI
12-05-2016, 09:37 PM

If that's the case, then how do you classify something like an Action Comics 1 or Detective 27 from other collectibles?

Grail is the word that separates the truly significant, rare and virtually unobtainable from the rest of the pack. But at some point people decided to use the word to say "this is my favorite" or "this has appreciated in value". I don't get it.

Planeswalker
12-05-2016, 09:38 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that would approach "grail" status in this hobby would be a prototype, because that's an original piece of art to a mass produced piece. And I don't mean a sample, or artist's proof, or whatever, I'm talking the original prototype made by SS's artists.

A prototype checks all the boxes for a "grail" collectible.

Like Rick O'Connell!! I told you all, GRAIL!!

SONICobra
12-05-2016, 09:43 PM
If that's the case, then how do you classify something like an Action Comics 1 or Detective 27 from other collectibles?

I guess i was speaking in terms of statues, not necessarily all collectibles. but you are right on the money with those comics - those truly are grails, i dont think there is anyone who would not want those in their collection

COI
12-05-2016, 09:48 PM
I guess i was speaking in terms of statues, not necessarily all collectibles. but you are right on the money with those comics - those truly are grails, i dont think there is anyone who would not want those in their collection

And they're also not something you can just buy at any time, even if you have the dough.

For example, the best known copy of Action Comics #1 was purchased by a collector in 1982 I believe, and it's been with him ever since. Anyone who would be in the market for an Action 1 knows he has it, yet it's been locked up in his collection for decades.

Based on the definition of the word, I think those are the kinds of collectibles that the word should be reserved for because it's the one word that encapsulates what that collectible really is, whereas there are so many other ways to articulate that something is really cool or personally significant.

Morgul Steve
12-05-2016, 10:50 PM
How about an actual prop from the original Star Wars movies? Something like Darth Vader's helmet, screen used or Luke's lightsaber. That would be pretty rare but would probably cost a small fortune but as a prop collector I would love to have something like that in my collection.

Shanesg
12-05-2016, 10:57 PM
A debate regarding what a grail is... this definitely hasn't happened in every thread on the forum. Lol

Ryanbusts
12-05-2016, 11:14 PM

Fuggn A right brother.

crimsinwing1989
12-06-2016, 12:15 AM
What does it mean to you and do you have one?

:D

Red sonja. and i will have it soon. DarkPhoenix too.

built2shred
12-06-2016, 03:56 AM
How about an actual prop from the original Star Wars movies? Something like Darth Vader's helmet, screen used or Luke's lightsaber. That would be pretty rare but would probably cost a small fortune but as a prop collector I would love to have something like that in my collection.

To me this is where it gets a bit murky, the problem with movie props is when a company mass produces copies of it which IMO makes the original less of a grail. Now if you had Darth Vader's Original Helmet that was never copied then that would be a grail, but since companies have made 1000's of copies of it, it doesn't seem as special.... It would be like DC all of sudden releasing new copies of Action Comics 1, if they made like 10,000 copies of it and it was a perfect duplication, then it would water down the original a bit IMO.

Mr. Nice Guy
12-06-2016, 04:01 AM
A grail is best of the best that people aspire to have. The piece you would sell your entire collection to get. Highly limited. Possibly even a one of a kind.

I wouldn't consider the Red Sonja a grail piece. She looks great but she's not a grail. Her proto model would be.

I would consider the original Doom PF a grail. A testament of its time that continues to hold high value.

I think the new RS looks exceptional and high quality but I wouldn't say she's light years ahead of the game on production quality. There's going to be a ton of collectors who have her. If they slightly upped the game on paint app and cut ES down drastically I could see her making the cut.

MrJones
12-06-2016, 10:27 AM
+1

There is no such thing as a grail. Just what you consider a grail.

Agreed with you both. I think grail is a subjective term. Way overused now too. Every new statue is a grail. Which I guess to the buyer is fine, I would just disagree. I don't even agree with some of these older statues being labeled as grails. Doom on Throne is not what I consider a grail, come at me bro! Anyways, I think it's really just in the eye of the beholder. I have some statues I would consider grails that I KNOW the majority would not.

Planeswalker
12-06-2016, 10:52 AM
I have a few Sideshow pieces that I consider grails.

- Patient Zero Ex PF
- Species Sil PF
- Meg Mucklebones LSB
- Alien Warrior Bust 1:1
- LOTR Berserker Ex PF
- Alien Warrior Maquette

It goes on and on. But yes, I'm sure there are things on my list that aren't "grails" to others and that's how it should be. When people say things like, "instant Grail!", it's probably just over excitement for a piece. In reality they're saying, "I can't wait to get this!" :D

BurningRage
12-06-2016, 10:55 AM
I got your grail right here *grabs crotch*

Nugchompa
12-06-2016, 11:04 AM
I dont consider anything mass produced a grail. Give me original art from Vicente Redondo, and I would consider it a grail. Then again, that is just my personal preference.

COI
12-06-2016, 11:14 AM
So just to recap, and be annoying, it's totally cool to call a $10 toybiz action figure a "grail" and an Action 1 a "grail" because feelings and preferences? If grail can mean whatever you want it to mean, what do we call the class of collectibles with historical significance, and extremely high rarity and value, like an Action 1?

Why can't we actually give terms more concrete meanings? Why can't simply saying "this is my favorite" suffice? Seriously, just wondering about the thought process, I'm not trying to argue for the sake of arguing.

Feels like a 'participation' ribbon thing where everyone and everything has to be special and unique. And I say this as someone who doesn't consider anything I own to be a "grail".

Josh-a-tron
12-06-2016, 11:18 AM
I can't really consider anything that mass produced item a grail.

When I collect Mass-produced items, even if it's a low ES or whatever, it's for the enjoyment of the item and nothing more. While I love them, and think they're great and wouldn't part with them, they are not "grails".

Things I would Consider a Grail item:
Any Original artwork from various Masters i.e. M.C. Escher, Michaelangelo, Da Vinci, Frazetta, etc. etc.

A First Edition Copy of Don Quixote

A Yuan Dynasty Vase

These are basically items that have significance because of who made them, age or historical merit or any/all of the above.

Fremen
12-06-2016, 11:21 AM
Dog Alien Maquette.

Planeswalker
12-06-2016, 11:32 AM
Dog Alien Maquette.

Got that one too! And yea I agree, another difficult piece to acquire that seems to always be in high demand.

Johnny Utah
12-06-2016, 11:41 AM
The Blade Runner license. That is THE Grail in all of collecting in my opinion. Others have now been added to the list like Die Hard, Mad Max but Blade Runner is the standard.

MrJones
12-06-2016, 11:52 AM
So just to recap, and be annoying, it's totally cool to call a $10 toybiz action figure a "grail" and an Action 1 a "grail" because feelings and preferences? If grail can mean whatever you want it to mean, what do we call the class of collectibles with historical significance, and extremely high rarity and value, like an Action 1?

Why can't we actually give terms more concrete meanings? Why can't simply saying "this is my favorite" suffice? Seriously, just wondering about the thought process, I'm not trying to argue for the sake of arguing.

Feels like a 'participation' ribbon thing where everyone and everything has to be special and unique. And I say this as someone who doesn't consider anything I own to be a "grail".

It did have meaning until everyone started saying everything was "Instant grail" to make themselves feel better for spending $1000 on a statue

AlizAbef
12-06-2016, 12:14 PM
That word (grail) is used all over the place. Not just the statue community. It doesn't really bother me when people use it. I always label anything I own to be my "personal favorite" rather than "grail". I have a small collection of jerseys of every L.A. sports franchise from Mitchell and Ness, and a lot of the dudes who review their jerseys on youtube use that word too. What really bothers me is when people use Beast, Bad Boy, and especially Epic. How the hell can a statue be labeled as epic? A supernova is epic. A volcanic eruption is epic. Winning the lottery is epic. Getting to the top of the world's tallest mountain is epic. But a mass produced 1/4 scale statue...epic? Gimmie a break. Epic, beast, bad boy, boom, and bro are the dumbest words in the community. Overused and over abused af.

bObA_fEtt_Ox
12-06-2016, 12:15 PM
My holy grail is the life size sideshow boba fett

Nugchompa
12-06-2016, 12:15 PM
Are Hatchimals grails?

looch
12-06-2016, 12:16 PM
A grail to me is an overused term by anyone whos gotten a little too over excited about a specific piece. A cliché of the highest order

COI
12-06-2016, 12:18 PM
That word (grail) is used all over the place. Not just the statue community. It doesn't really bother me when people use it. I always label anything I own to be my "personal favorite" rather than "grail". I have a small collection of jerseys of every L.A. sports franchise from Mitchell and Ness, and a lot of the dudes who review their jerseys on youtube use that word too. What really bothers me is when people use Beast, Bad Boy, and especially Epic. How the hell can a statue be labeled as epic? A supernova is epic. A volcanic eruption is epic. Winning the lottery is epic. Getting to the top of the world's tallest mountain is epic. But a mass produced 1/4 scale statue...epic? Gimmie a break. Epic, beast, bad boy, boom, and bro are the dumbest words in the community. Overused and over abused af.

Because when you max the credit card out buying stuff, it has to be a life changing experience to justify the upcoming divorce.

I'm gonna start calling stuff boners and see if that catches on.

"This piece is a total boner".

Has a ring to it.

Boner is the next grail. Then it's "epic boner" when you get a low number.

DPmaster
12-06-2016, 12:20 PM
A piece is only a grail until something better comes along.

Nugchompa

Has a ring to it.

Red Sonja is an instant boner!

Josh-a-tron
Because when you max the credit card out buying stuff, it has to be a life changing experience to justify the upcoming divorce.

Has a ring to it.

...You realize "Boner" is also 40's slang for a mistake?

COI
12-06-2016, 12:22 PM

Yes.

It works on multiple levels.

Josh-a-tron
12-06-2016, 12:24 PM
Yes.

:laugh: yes, yes it does

AlizAbef
12-06-2016, 12:27 PM

Has a ring to it.

I'll take epic boner any day over just epic.

MrJones
12-06-2016, 12:59 PM

Has a ring to it.

Yes.

I'll take epic boner any day over just epic.

And this is why I'm on this forum.

I am totally in. Taking boner back!

Planeswalker
12-06-2016, 01:19 PM
http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o596/spcjky79/6AB5C084-46DA-4966-BEE0-50DB0CC2C08D_zpsgzfukfiq.jpg

And oddly enough... he played The Joker in Batman: Dead End.

It's like we just played 7 degrees of Boner. :laugh:

XMAN
12-06-2016, 01:25 PM
A grail for me applies to a piece that Would be almost impossible to part with......not necessarily the most sought after or the most valuable......but that's me:drinking:

polished1
12-06-2016, 01:29 PM

So since this is the "I think <insert word here> is overused and stupid" thread then my nomination goes to people who actually say "lol". Those people are scum.

built2shred
12-06-2016, 02:36 PM

I think the term grail has turned into more of a slang word to mean something that's exciting to that person. Just like the meaning of Bad, Wicked, Sick, B1tchin, etc.. all mean the same thing something that is cool looking...

MrJones
12-06-2016, 04:05 PM
I recently joined an omnibus collector's group and they use the term "Whale". Which rhymes with grail. I found that funny.

Python
12-06-2016, 04:05 PM
This...

http://i.imgur.com/J5EECT8.jpg

Hanky Panky
12-06-2016, 04:52 PM
With a Stan Winston signature...that truly would be the holiest of holy grails.

I'll take epic boner any day

That's what she said! :D

jaguargod
12-06-2016, 06:06 PM
By definition, wouldn't a "grail' be something you desire very much, but are never really able to obtain?

As someone mentioned already, a Superman #1 comic would be a grail.

DPmaster
12-06-2016, 06:32 PM
This

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110317234056/indianajones/images/f/f1/Holy_Grail.jpg

Guilty
12-06-2016, 07:48 PM
Would you all consider one-of-a-kind pieces as "grails"? EX: Commissioned pieces where only one exists on the planet.

Planeswalker
12-06-2016, 08:01 PM
Would you all consider one-of-a-kind pieces as "grails"? EX: Commissioned pieces where only one exists on the planet.

I'm not really a fan of commission pieces so I couldn't see one as a Grail. But again, there have been a few custom pieces that I would LOOOOVE to own!

SONICobra
12-06-2016, 08:03 PM

even something like that isnt universally wanted by everyone

COI
12-06-2016, 08:11 PM

If it was a custom that was well know and highly sought after, not just because it's one of a kind, but maybe because it's by a renowned artist in the hobby and is considered to be one of the finest examples in the hobby, then maybe.

To me a grail should be something that is identified by everyone in the hobby as "the one". And that's sort of non-existent with statues. Again, using comics as an example, no comic collector would deny that Detective 27, Action 1, Captain America Comics 1, Marvel Comics 1, Superman 1, Batman 1, or All-Star Comics 8 are grails. Even if an individual collector isn't interested in actually owning any one of those books, they are undeniably "grails".

Hard to find an example of this in statues because no one will ever agree on what the "best" is. One of the reasons is that statues lack any kind of significance. There are no important statues to the hobby, it just comes down to what you like.

Killer Instinct
12-06-2016, 08:21 PM
The term "Grail" is different for everyone in this hobby or generally means the same thing for different groups of collectors.

Some consider their most beloved piece a grail even though there are plenty of them produced out there but it took them so long to acquire one.

Another person considered it to be a prototype that there is only one of in existence.

While some others consider it to be the actual cup Jesus Christ drank from along with his disciples.

Whether its one thing or another its up to each one of us to decide what it actually means for us.

For me a Doom on Throne is a Grail but I also consider pieces like Magneto on throne as a grail too even though there are more than double the amount made compared to Doom. For me a grail in an exceptionally made statue that isn't easily duplicated in the current atmosphere the industry is in and the ES also has to be low like 800 or less. Keep in mind 800 of something in a world of 7 Billion people with around 3 Billion or so able to actually afford one means you have something that isn't easily found in one of your neighbors home.

Pieces that are masterfully painted and beautifully sculpted to perfection could potentially be labelled a grail at least FOR ME.

The new Red Sonja is sculpted beautifully but painted horribly so it no way shape or form could ever reach grail status. But this is just what I think and you may think differently and that is the beauty in art since it means something different for each one of us.

victorinox888
12-06-2016, 09:02 PM
A grail for me applies to a piece that Would be almost impossible to part with......not necessarily the most sought after or the most valuable......but that's me:drinking:

Well said :goodpost:

novaraven
12-06-2016, 09:45 PM

:goodpost::goodpost:

I second this. For me, this isn't the most sought after, but I love my repainted SS Rogue - no googly eyes, no nasty and heavily-smudged mascara, freshly painted, shiny outfit, and a butt shown off ;)

Thanks to John from Ficchi Illustrations for the repaint :)

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff279/ChronoHaze/2017%20Display%20Project/IMG_3260.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff279/ChronoHaze/2017%20Display%20Project/IMG_3261.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff279/ChronoHaze/2017%20Display%20Project/IMG_3263.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff279/ChronoHaze/2017%20Display%20Project/IMG_3246.jpg

Planeswalker
12-06-2016, 09:56 PM
Excellent repaint. It's such a shame what happened with the whole Rogue-gate mess.

built2shred
12-06-2016, 10:02 PM
The problem showing a butt crack like that is it looks like she's wearing body paint and not an outfit...

Otherwise it looks a lot better then the original version...

novaraven
12-06-2016, 10:15 PM
Excellent repaint. It's such a shame what happened with the whole Rogue-gate mess.

Ya Rogue-gate was a disaster. My original Rogue didn't have too bad of a googly-eye problem, but just the fact that it was there bothered the crap out of me.... so repainted she went :)

I figured that it was a great sculpt that was worthy of a repaint. Glad it turned out well.

So that's a grail for me - I don't think I'll ever let it go :muahaha:

Shanesg
12-06-2016, 11:22 PM
The problem showing a butt crack like that is it looks like she's wearing body paint and not an outfit...

Otherwise it looks a lot better then the original version...

You see some of the leggings chicks wear now? They actually do look painted on. lol

Proof: https://instagram.com/p/BNst7GnlEHY/

Josh-a-tron
12-06-2016, 11:27 PM
You see some of the leggings chicks wear now? They actually do look painted on. lol

Yoga pants

novaraven
12-06-2016, 11:32 PM
Wow... ok so my Rogue could pass for a statue that's wearing a suit made of yoga pants material.. hmmmm.. I can live with that :D

FriendlySamurai
12-06-2016, 11:52 PM
I think the typically recognized grails out there are grails because they have a large enough fan base which effectively drives up the rarity and value- Kind of like a self fullfilling prophecy. If nobody wanted a Superman #1 would it still be a grail? If only 1 person in the world wanted it would it still be a grail? The more "special" its seen as, the more people want it, the more the price goes up and the more people refuse to part with it.

So basically grails are driven either by a majority or decided by what I personally think. I choose what I personally consider a grail over what the majority tells me is a grail.

VS1976
12-07-2016, 01:25 AM
Basically I will never sell....

Original Hulk pf green and grey, Original Doom PF, Original Thor PF, original Cap PF will never be sold. True Grail

Phil the sixth
12-07-2016, 06:41 AM
I have a few Sideshow pieces that I consider grails.

- Patient Zero Ex PF
- Species Sil PF
- Meg Mucklebones LSB
- Alien Warrior Bust 1:1
- LOTR Berserker Ex PF
- Alien Warrior Maquette

Great list of 'grails'!

Shanesg
12-07-2016, 07:55 AM
Yoga pants

Lmao... seriously?

Not that I want to get into an argument over this, but it's worth noting that the chick wearing/selling them calls them leggings. That's all I was going on.

Josh-a-tron
12-07-2016, 08:12 AM
Lmao... seriously?

Not that I want to get into an argument over this, but it's worth noting that the chick wearing/selling them calls them leggings. That's all I was going on.

No I was just giving another example of pants that fit that tightly.

Shanesg
12-07-2016, 08:14 AM
Oooh... that's even funnier.

I thought you were correcting me. I was like "Sorry I'm not up on all the women's pants terminology". Hahah

Planeswalker
12-07-2016, 08:52 AM
Great list of 'grails'!

Thanks! :D

risingstar
12-07-2016, 09:02 AM
This is a Sideshow grail - a one of kind Darth Talon produced by Sideshow and sold during one of their charity auctions.

https://s6.postimg.org/fae5w9ce9/talon4.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/m0un5ozjx/)upload images free (https://postimage.org/)

risingstar
12-07-2016, 09:04 AM
If I can post a WTB ad and find numerous offers in my PM box within an hour, then I don't think that piece qualifies as a grail as it took virtually no effort (save for my willing to pay for something) on my part to acquire it.

sith_apprentice
12-07-2016, 09:53 AM
For a few years, my grail was the Madame HYDRA. I got into Marvel statues late, and missed her when she came out. She was never particularly expensive on Ebay (at least, compared to some sold out statues), she was just always one of those, "When I get caught up, she'll be my final centerpiece".

But I called in sick to work one day and ended up at a comic store, where they had her in the glass cabinet. I stared at it for a while, walked over to Subway and thought it over while I ate, then went back and pulled out the credit card.

My new grail is the Kotobukiya Danger Room Psylocke. I realize I'll have to drop 400 or more for her on Ebay, but I'm putting it off since there are a lot of mini-busts I'd like to get first.

Planeswalker
12-07-2016, 10:53 AM
This is a Sideshow grail - a one of kind Darth Talon produced by Sideshow and sold during one of their charity auctions.

https://s6.postimg.org/fae5w9ce9/talon4.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/m0un5ozjx/)upload images free (https://postimage.org/)

THAT IS AWESOME!!! Is it yours??

Hanky Panky
12-07-2016, 01:26 PM

Never heard of Niykee Heaton until now. Bless you my man!

DAT GRAIL ASS! :eek:

qz33
12-07-2016, 01:30 PM

I just started following her from reading this here too.
:rolleyes:

Hate the collagen lips though.

Shoo
12-07-2016, 02:31 PM
I recently joined an omnibus collector's group and they use the term "Whale". Which rhymes with grail. I found that funny.

Pretty sure the full term is "white whale". :)

Shanesg
12-07-2016, 03:01 PM

Yeah she's next level. One of the hottest chicks on the planet.

BlackestNight
12-07-2016, 03:09 PM
Grail, I never heard this term, past ancient artifacts, until collecting statues. I see it used constantly in this hobby, and have come to the general consensus that it refers to the "stand out" piece in one's collection.

I do not think it refers to a low ES item nor an item currently trading higher than its retail value. I came late to this party, but me and my wife have bought every PF we desired by throwing money at it, just like with most things in life. There was no other barrier in our way to entry.

Same goes for customs, throw money at it on any given day and instant "Grail?!" makes no sense.

I would never use the term myself referring to SSC. I appreciate the collection as a whole too much to elevate one particular piece.

Now when referring to "money" were talking sub 1k spending. I do think if we were collecting golden age comics in high grade condition, I could understand the term being used. IE: big money, long waits for the item to even enter the market for resale, chasing estate sales, etc.

VS1976
12-07-2016, 05:58 PM

Is that yours?

risingstar
12-07-2016, 06:46 PM
THAT IS AWESOME!!! Is it yours??

Is that yours?

Oh no. It is not! I wish I did. This sold for many thousands of dollars. However, I did keep pictures of it. It is a beauty, and in my opinion, an ideal example of a grail.

Nidgit
12-07-2016, 08:22 PM
I think I was a big believer in hunting down those grail pieces once, but TBH, I've come to the conclusion there is no such thing.

Most of us tend to list items in our collections (as grails) because it makes us feel good and because we all have a natural propensity to overvalue things we already own.

I've got collectables that are high ES and easy to find, others that are very limited and hard to acquire and even a handful of OOAK pieces. But after years of looking at them, I don't think any of them are 'grails'. Because at the end of the day, all I really had to do to acquire them was go online and place an order, or submit and offer, or exchange a series emails and then have it shipped to me. Which is what 99% of us do 99% of the time.

So I don't really know what would classify as a grail. Maybe it's should be the piece you sculpt and then paint yourself after years of study and practise. Something you have truly worked hard to acquire that absolutely no one else will ever have.

Otherwise, in reality, everything else is just another purchase.

tonytiger
12-07-2016, 10:15 PM
To me this would Qualify for a grail Why? 1.Since i started collecting haven't found one:tumblew: 2.And if i did, it would cost big time money:jawd: 3..I want ONE!:waa:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e238/ttrobocop310/Scaleworks%20GG%20YOSHIHIKO%20SANO%20%20002_zpshqtqcywe.jpg (http://s40.photobucket.com/user/ttrobocop310/media/Scaleworks%20GG%20YOSHIHIKO%20SANO%20%20002_zpshqtqcywe.jpg.html)

Atheris
12-07-2016, 11:14 PM
A rare piece, signed by a dead person. That's as grail as it gets.

Chris

Parallax
12-07-2016, 11:32 PM
My grail pieces are pieces that are great, uncommon, and fill me with memories when I look at them. In that case, all but a few of my statues are grails because I only buy things that I really love. If I had to choose favorites, it would be the Daredevil life size bust. I haven't gotten it yet, but I'll be getting it around Christmas. It's the one piece I've consistently gone and looked at pictures of for a long time now and something I never thought I'd be able to own or afford anytime soon. I'll also throw the Thing premium format and Hal Jordan life size bust in there. Two more pieces I've wanted for a long time and managed to pick up within weeks of each other. Daredevil bust still outranks them though.

Shoo
12-08-2016, 07:13 AM
A rare piece, signed by a dead person. That's as grail as it gets.

Seeing a zombie sign a piece must be quite a thing indeed.

FastballSpecial
12-08-2016, 09:23 AM
Already exists:
Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight PF. Not that rare but the one statue I wish I could get (not at stupid ebay prices)

What I want made:
Bespin Han Solo PF

COI
12-08-2016, 11:01 AM
That Dog Alien is a bucket-list piece for me. I have to get one at some point. Same with the Wolf Predator.

DPmaster
12-08-2016, 11:20 AM
For me, my grail pieces are the earlier Narin Predator model kits he did that I missed out on. Not many were made of each one...I think maybe 50 or so for each model. I apologize in advance for the flood of pictures.

http://www.modelzone.com/mangrasshopper/plog-content/images/model-kit-buildups/hunter.prey./ht2.jpg

http://www.modelzone.com/mangrasshopper/plog-content/images/model-kit-buildups/urban-hunter/uh1.jpg

http://www.modelzone.com/mangrasshopper/plog-content/images/model-kit-buildups/ultimate-trophy/ult9.jpg

http://www.modelzone.com/mangrasshopper/plog-content/images/model-kit-buildups/the-wolf---avpr/wolfnew1.jpg

http://www.modelzone.com/mangrasshopper/plog-content/images/model-kit-buildups/aqua-hunter-2/aqh1.jpg

http://www.modelzone.com/mangrasshopper/plog-content/images/model-kit-buildups/avp-celtic--/celt8.jpg

Planeswalker
12-08-2016, 03:23 PM
For me, my grail pieces are the earlier Narin Predator model kits he did that I missed out on. Not many were made of each one...I think maybe 50 or so for each model. I apologize in advance for the flood of pictures.

No apologies needed!! Narin's work is mind blowing and I'm sure no one here ever gets tired of seeing his work!

built2shred
12-08-2016, 03:52 PM
Sideshow was having one of their charity auctions and I was able to get Artist Proofs of The Black Queen and White Queen this morning.... Woot !!!

FastballSpecial
12-08-2016, 04:26 PM
Sideshow was having one of their charity auctions and I was able to get Artist Proofs of The Black Queen and White Queen this morning.... Woot !!!

Congrats! I was watching some of those auctions. Nice stuff.

BurningRage
12-08-2016, 04:37 PM
I wanted the Predator bust but not at that price.

built2shred
12-08-2016, 06:57 PM
I wanted the Predator bust but not at that price.

it's kind of funny because I got both statues for the same price $610.00... Considering they're AP's I feel I got them for a really good price, I had my maximum bids set a lot higher, given it was for charity and all, plus I thought people would bid more on them...

The one that went for bucks was Darth Talon which got a final bid of $3500.00... I started to bid on it but once it went pass $2500 I backed out....