PDA

View Full Version : First 4 Figures - Life Size Majora's Mask

BurningRage
12-30-2016, 12:24 PM
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15781582_10154283584878723_8148921540308199711_n.jpg?oh=e9f1af43ea7a57df0185e532a3c66342&oe=58F36EAC

dao2
12-30-2016, 05:44 PM
nice, I already have one though and doubt f4f will better it ;p

RomanceDawn
12-31-2016, 10:31 AM
Shoot, if this turns out any good I know I'm going to want it.

BurningRage
01-06-2017, 01:03 PM
https://gallery.mailchimp.com/b38ef519772549cb284871404/images/debb62c0-8aed-4b9c-a42a-c5277f2c1610.jpg

JPBF
01-06-2017, 01:56 PM
I was interested in this till I saw the size and weight (and price, tbh). I'm not sure why they're going larger than 1:1 but it's definitely limiting. Was hoping it'd be something i could hang.

Gannon
01-06-2017, 02:37 PM
I was interested in this till I saw the size and weight (and price, tbh). I'm not sure why they're going larger than 1:1 but it's definitely limiting. Was hoping it'd be something i could hang.

Price is very reasonable. Day 1 for me.

BurningRage
01-06-2017, 03:45 PM
There was an error for US date. This is the correct one.
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/15894731_10154239143371732_9198911920345788814_n.jpg?oh=6ad66c0e02e7a26472ebcbcd613d8796&oe=591ED111

DeadGhostKnight
01-09-2017, 04:50 AM
Lots of pics on Facebook from the stream, this looks very impressive. Not for me as i don't do life size busts but very well executed by F4F great stand for the mask too!

BurningRage
01-09-2017, 09:00 AM
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p180x540/15873396_10154311114298723_6425097915483212661_n.jpg?oh=11b9adaa1aa4e6838a4f52b0d36f2ff1&oe=58E12FB2

Grayfox117
01-09-2017, 10:56 AM
I love the idea of it on a base. That way it's not just a mask to hang on the wall and can be displayed with other statues.

qz33
01-09-2017, 04:22 PM
How much is it?

vinnnie
01-09-2017, 07:52 PM
How much is it?

$385 for the exclusive (lights in the eyes)
$355 for the regular

petitout31
01-10-2017, 01:29 PM
no bonus code ?

BurningRage
01-10-2017, 01:59 PM
No codes for this.

qz33
01-10-2017, 02:00 PM
$385 for the exclusive (lights in the eyes)
$355 for the regular

Thanks. Pretty good.

MaxGoof
01-10-2017, 02:24 PM
http://cloudfront.first4figures.com/media/bannerslider/m/m/mmask-web_ex.jpg (http://www.first4figures.com/collectibles/majoras-mask-exclusive.html?k=wMTA3MDQ)

There aren't going to be codes anymore for F4F, just points. Also, the Zero Hour Edition has been changed to the Day One Edition and will be available for 24 hours instead of 12 now.

Majora's Mask Day One Edition Exclusive is up for order now (http://www.first4figures.com/collectibles/majoras-mask-exclusive.html?k=wMTA3MDQ), with the Day One Edition available for another ~21 hours.

BurningRage
01-10-2017, 02:34 PM
EX ordered

DeadGhostKnight
01-10-2017, 02:55 PM
Great price!

dao2
01-10-2017, 03:26 PM
I wasn't too interested in getting this as I already have an awesome mask but for the price I think I'm in anyways. The one I have is a more realistic gritty one so it differs enough.

dafadcariad
01-10-2017, 08:16 PM
I had no idea this was even being worked on. Now I have a first day PO and a great birthday gift for my sister in the fall just because I saw this thread so huuuuuge thanks to everybody for posting. :D :thumbs2:

sparda
01-14-2017, 02:54 PM
Trying to get my hands on an EX. Not so easy as I live in Europe. Hopefully I'll manage though.

DeadGhostKnight
01-14-2017, 03:28 PM
Trying to get my hands on an EX. Not so easy as I live in Europe. Hopefully I'll manage though.

Just order direct, they have a european warehouse so you won't even get charged customs.

sparda
01-14-2017, 07:36 PM
:o seriously? Thanks for letting me know!!

Siona
01-15-2017, 09:16 AM
:o seriously? Thanks for letting me know!!

Yep and with their payments plan it's cool to order from them !

Peedi
01-21-2017, 01:22 PM
I wonder if starting the life size replica series with Majora's Mask was intentional since the statue line started with Majora's Mask?

Either way I think I'll display this with my Fierce Deity Link statue.

Since this is the first in the life size replica series I wonder what else F4F has planned... I'd be interested in the Ocarina of Time, Triforce, and the Fierce Deity, Goron, Deku and Zora masks. If they go larger I'd be interested in the Mirror Shield.

dao2
01-21-2017, 09:29 PM
wasn't fierce deity first?

RomanceDawn
01-22-2017, 11:26 AM

Maybe he/she meant the Fierce Deity mask itself.

dao2
01-22-2017, 04:14 PM
oh ya I guess, they mentioned something like that on the stream I think

supermetroid
01-22-2017, 07:17 PM
Does anyone know how much the Fierce Deity Link goes for nowadays?

Peedi
01-23-2017, 12:20 AM

Maybe he/she meant the Fierce Deity mask itself.

Maybe this is more clear:

- The first prop (Majora's Mask) is from the game "TLOZ: Majora's Mask"

- The first statue (Fierce Deity Link) was from the game "TLOZ: Majora's Mask"

I was wondering if F4F chose to start the prop series with a prop from the game "TLOZ: MM" because they stared the statue line with a character from "TLOZ: MM". This is either intentional or a cool coincidence.

jcasalone
01-23-2017, 02:52 AM
While I really enjoy the fact that they are adding the base to this piece I would just want to put in on my wall. Do we know if the mask and base are one piece together or do we have the option to only display the mask?

BurningRage
01-23-2017, 07:36 AM
While I really enjoy the fact that they are adding the base to this piece I would just want to put in on my wall. Do we know if the mask and base are one piece together or do we have the option to only display the mask?

The Mask and base are separate pieces. For now the mask is not wall mountable but they may add the option to it since people were asking them.

jcasalone
01-23-2017, 04:34 PM
The Mask and base are separate pieces. For now the mask is not wall mountable but they may add the option to it since people were asking them.

Thank you for the info, my man. I appreciate it.

Ash
01-30-2017, 11:33 PM
I am so excited for this!!!!!!! It looks amazing and I hope the production piece will be super close to the prototype.. That proto is imacualte!!!! :buttrock:
:smokin:

LionHeart717
01-31-2017, 12:15 AM
I am so excited for this!!!!!!! It looks amazing and I hope the production piece will be super close to the prototype.. That proto is imacualte!!!! :buttrock:
:smokin:

What you see in the video is what you will get. F4F doesn't showcase prototypes. They only put something up for pre-order when they have a counter sample from the factory to show.

Ash
01-31-2017, 12:50 AM
What you see in the video is what you will get. F4F doesn't showcase prototypes. They only put something up for pre-order when they have a counter sample from the factory to show.

Nice. Good to know. It looks Amazing in the video. I felt the video was 4k it was so clear on my TV. Super crisp. If you watch the video on a Tv its top quality.

Ash
01-31-2017, 11:16 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/25ajc6o.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/10p2d10.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/24wbpub.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/6gkifn.jpg

:jawd: :smokin:

ALF_1
06-03-2017, 02:22 PM
Hi, are there Any updtes on this and when it will release? Any producion Pics? Im not happy that Nintendo demanded the texture to be added. It was better shown Smooth during Pre orders.

I wish a clean and worn down version was offered So fans Could choose if they like the nice clean prestine look or the worn out rugged ugly look. Thanks

First4Figures
06-04-2017, 04:59 AM
Hi, are there Any updtes on this and when it will release? Any producion Pics? Im not happy that Nintendo demanded the texture to be added. It was better shown Smooth during Pre orders.

I wish a clean and worn down version was offered So fans Could choose if they like the nice clean prestine look or the worn out rugged ugly look. Thanks

We are going through the painting phase again with our sample after a new print. There has been a couple of pics posted in our collectors club with regards to updates.

Thanks for your feedback, but however end of the day, if the Licensor feels the product needs changing and reflects their original ideas and designs and be kept true to the source, then we have to respect that as well. :)

ALF_1
06-08-2017, 05:46 AM
We are going through the painting phase again with our sample after a new print. There has been a couple of pics posted in our collectors club with regards to updates.

Thanks for your feedback, but however end of the day, if the Licensor feels the product needs changing and reflects their original ideas and designs and be kept true to the source, then we have to respect that as well. :)

Thanks for the reply. I guess we have to respect the Licensors original ideas, but a prestine clean version is still better in a lot of collectors opinions..

We all know Nintendo doesn't always make the best decisions and this was a bad choice as well, but I will respect your answer and that's what Nintendo wants you to do.

I should express my concern to Nintendo that 2 versions should be offered, but that would be like asking them to release Mario Kart 8 Blue Shell collector edition in all of the US like they did for Europe and not just release it in Nintendo World New York, but that's Nintendo for ya, unconnected to there fans. Thanks....

F4F is the best though and I hope this will turn out good. I'm worried about the worn weathered look not being as good as the smooth clean look and I guess I will decide when I get it if I will keep it or not.

ovp3664
10-26-2017, 06:57 AM
Hi Alf_1,

How do you now feel about this updated version ? I gather you have seen it.

I personally like the worn and weathered look myself.

Good news as well to see First 4 Figures are giving more collectors the chance to grab one this weekend. Might upset others of course.

ALF_1
11-09-2017, 06:54 PM
Hi Alf_1,

How do you now feel about this updated version ? I gather you have seen it.

I personally like the worn and weathered look myself.

Good news as well to see First 4 Figures are giving more collectors the chance to grab one this weekend. Might upset others of course.

I have to admit, the updated version looks amazing and I am still happy with the overall look. I think I still would like that clean pristine look as it was a magical mask that can not whether. But, the new color changes and better effects to the eyes as well as horns look much better now.

I would say I would buy both versions and even though I usually like clean pristine items, weathering if done correctly can give an item a nice effect, so I'm sure I will still be very happy with my EX when it arrives. I am really hyped up to get this ASAP and can't wait for the final payments to start again.

ALF_1
01-23-2018, 03:22 PM
Some production pics were posted on Facebook and I cant wait to get this in hand. I think the production is a little past the half way point so hopefully its coming maybe end of Q1 or in Q2?

ovp3664
01-23-2018, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the reply. I guess we have to respect the Licensors original ideas, but a prestine clean version is still better in a lot of collectors opinions..

We all know Nintendo doesn't always make the best decisions and this was a bad choice as well, but I will respect your answer and that's what Nintendo wants you to do.

I should express my concern to Nintendo that 2 versions should be offered, but that would be like asking them to release Mario Kart 8 Blue Shell collector edition in all of the US like they did for Europe and not just release it in Nintendo World New York, but that's Nintendo for ya, unconnected to there fans. Thanks....

F4F is the best though and I hope this will turn out good. I'm worried about the worn weathered look not being as good as the smooth clean look and I guess I will decide when I get it if I will keep it or not.

I have to admit, the updated version looks amazing and I am still happy with the overall look. I think I still would like that clean pristine look as it was a magical mask that can not whether. But, the new color changes and better effects to the eyes as well as horns look much better now.

I would say I would buy both versions and even though I usually like clean pristine items, weathering if done correctly can give an item a nice effect, so I'm sure I will still be very happy with my EX when it arrives. I am really hyped up to get this ASAP and can't wait for the final payments to start again.

Some production pics were posted on Facebook and I cant wait to get this in hand. I think the production is a little past the half way point so hopefully its coming maybe end of Q1 or in Q2?

Yeah Im eagerly awaiting its arrival. Looking great. I thought I read somewhere they were hoping to have some shipped before the Chinese New Year. Maybe :praying:

silentwinter92
01-23-2018, 08:55 PM
No. Not all collectors like clean and pristine stuff, I like game accurate stuff. I think f4f and Nintendo did the right thing here making the prop more realistic and the surge of preorders speaks for itself. The previous version still looked like a toy to me, now it actually resembles a replica.

ALF_1
02-04-2018, 04:50 AM
No. Not all collectors like clean and pristine stuff, I like game accurate stuff. I think f4f and Nintendo did the right thing here making the prop more realistic and the surge of preorders speaks for itself. The previous version still looked like a toy to me, now it actually resembles a replica.

I never said all collectors want prestine and I said a lot of collectors like a prestine look, but whethering can be nice when done well too. In the game Majoras Mask due to the low details in graphics you could not see if that mask was whethered or if it was a prestine magical mask that doesnt age or get dirty because its a Magical Mask. It was Nintendo’s decision to add the texture like that and not F4F.

Also, the surge of pre orders is not due to them making the right change here and they had that surge of pre orders way before the changes were even talked about or made. People pre ordered it as the prestine version and then it changed to the updated textured version when Pre Orders were already finished.

Either way, like I said it still looks great with the new changes and I feel both versions could have passed for in game accuracy from a N64 Graphics standpoint. Its not the accuracy of the in game that was the aim for Nintendo, but it is what Nintendo wanted because the new updated mask is how they originally envisioned it to be in the game. In the N64 days they could not display the full details due to the challanges of hardware at that time.. So, in reality those details are not actually in game accurate because they could not be achieved with N64 graphics. Those details are what Nintendo imagined it to to be like in game, but in game it was not.

Now, in todays time with newer digital texture techniques it is now easier for companies to add texture and once Nintendo knew that is possible to add it they requested the change to be more accurate to their vision.

A prop can look very realistic being prestine or whethered and I know when my Exclusive arrives I will be super dupa happy!

I would have to see both versions in person to determine if I like the first proto look better or the new updated look, but the new updated pics are looking stellar! Im ok with the texture changes and the paint color changes is a good thing as well..

ALF_1
02-04-2018, 05:11 AM
Yeah Im eagerly awaiting its arrival. Looking great. I thought I read somewhere they were hoping to have some shipped before the Chinese New Year. Maybe :praying:

Where did you read that? I know the payment plan starts back up in February for i think i have 2 payments left. So, Im thinking they will not ship any before the Chinese New Year. China is basically shut down for the next month... lol

Why cant they shut down the US for a month for our new years. Lol ... Companies still should pay us the employees with the time off and give us time to rest for all the money we make the owners.

ovp3664
02-04-2018, 09:27 PM
Where did you read that? I know the payment plan starts back up in February for i think i have 2 payments left. So, Im thinking they will not ship any before the Chinese New Year. China is basically shut down for the next month... lol

Why cant they shut down the US for a month for our new years. Lol ... Companies still should pay us the employees with the time off and give us time to rest for all the money we make the owners.

They said they were hoping too !!!!! Doesn't mean it will happen. Or is going to happen.

BurningRage
06-05-2018, 07:05 AM
Getting charged June 13.

dao2
06-22-2018, 09:10 PM
Got my mask today, looks awesome and well done. F4F is as dependable as ever.

XMAN
06-22-2018, 10:31 PM
God my mask today, looks awesome and well done. F4F is as dependable as ever.

Congrats.....:drinking:

Peedi
07-22-2018, 03:08 AM
I’m loving this prop mask. Took me a while to open and it’s boxed back up already until I move but I took some quick photos. I should’ve lit it up.

I wish I had the Skull Kid statue to display this with. But it’s all good. When I have everything situated I’ll have this displayed next to my F4F Fierce Deity Link. I’m excited for that.

Being a replica mask I was thrown off a bit by the thickness of the mask. Despite being a 1:1 scale replica of the game’s mask it’s hard to imagine anything actually wearing it (even though it’s obviously not created to be worn). It’s definitely created as a statue (duh) and the bottom of the base says as much. I guess it’s less breakable being that thick. The mask isn’t heavy though. But the base has some solid and satisfying weight to it.

The battery is big and weird. AA batteries are always a better bet to me, but a minor gripe since this works by adapter as well. No wires is cleaner, but I’ll use the cable so I won’t have to move the statue to change the battery even if it probably won’t need to be changed often.

I’m super satisfied with this. It was a great choice for a licensed prop replica and I hope F4F does more Zelda props. I wouldn’t mind more masks...Fierce Deity and the 3 main masks from LoZ:MM...I also wouldn’t mind if they did a run of the original smoothe mask without all of the textures. I wouldn’t mind owning both versions.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/81919403@N08/Wws1P8

https://www.flickr.com/gp/81919403@N08/KrVxEZ

https://www.flickr.com/gp/81919403@N08/3zM387

Not sure why the url links aren’t working nor why my attachments are sideways.

candyrocket786
08-05-2018, 05:25 PM
My WL was fulfilled, so I'm getting mine this week.