PDA

View Full Version : New Queen of the Dead PF

NorthernLadMSP
01-03-2017, 02:01 PM
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/12-days-of-sideshow-court-of-the-dead/

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/1125x682_previewbanner_300555_GethsemoniPF.jpg

The breathtaking, limited edition Gethsemoni – Shaper of Flesh Premium Format™ Figure stands almost 22” tall, capturing the Queen of the Underworld in all of her haunting beauty and terrifying splendor. Combining both sculptural and fabric elements, this all-new creation showcases the intricate artistry of our signature Premium Format™ figures. Lavish, richly-textured fabric drapes across the Queen’s majestic form. She is crowned with a grotesque and stately headdress formed from a coxal bone. A semi-transparent base features intricate swirls of Flesh Faction necromancy gently enveloping the Queen’s regal feet and extending from her sovereign hand.

qz33
01-03-2017, 02:02 PM
Oh help me.

Tbolt
01-03-2017, 02:03 PM
I assume that is todays reveal. Weak. Like the first one much, much more.

felixckf
01-03-2017, 02:07 PM
same costume ? why not red dress if re-visit....

Johnneeukca
Interesting. I'll have to think about this one. I have the first QotD and mine turned out quite nicely, so not sure I want essentially the same as before but with a twist. And I'm fairly sure that 'Limited Edition' wouldn't mean a low up-front announced edition size, so I don't think I would need to order right away anyway.

ambasah
double dipping already?

majestic1
01-03-2017, 02:11 PM
The Underworld a such a rich world to explore with a vast array of characters that are only limited by the sculptors imagination and yet they are already revisiting the Queen, lame.

Lets hope her tattoos aren't wonky this time.

Raas Kaaz
no thanks.. first looks better and secondly why not coming out with a new character?? don't see that people wanted to own 2 of the same character

Demona
Took my post, Ambasah.

So damn sad that even in it's own line, SS is making "variants" and repeating characters.

crimsinwing1989
01-03-2017, 02:13 PM
Love it, will be buying this.

NorthernLadMSP
01-03-2017, 02:13 PM
I'll be at least interested to see what the actual statue looks like. The base design sounds interesting. Wish it would have been a pic of the actual statue instead of just concept art.

RadAsGhoul
01-03-2017, 02:14 PM
:vortex:

crimsinwing1989
01-03-2017, 02:18 PM
I'll be at least interested to see what the actual statue looks like. The base design sounds interesting. Wish it would have been a pic of the actual statue instead of just concept art.
The first statue looked good I have no doubt the second will look even better. Even from the art i like this better than the original.

dechirico7
01-03-2017, 02:26 PM
Was hoping for a gowned version.
Hopefully the back tattoo is better this time.

SONICobra
01-03-2017, 02:34 PM
based on that photo i prefer the original

Nugchompa
01-03-2017, 02:35 PM
I really do not see a reason for this one. At least give us another version of something that sold out relatively quickly.

actionjackson83
01-03-2017, 02:40 PM
LOVE IT! MONEY SAVED!

dafadcariad
01-03-2017, 02:41 PM
This character is an easy pass for me, regardless of how many variations they release. That face just doesn't translate well in sculpt and doesn't do any favours towards the final product.

Silas Loki
01-03-2017, 03:43 PM
Love it, will be buying this.

The first statue looked good I have no doubt the second will look even better. Even from the art i like this better than the original.

I agree!

Kovenor
01-03-2017, 04:01 PM
finally a CoTD release. The Og bust is much nicer in colored. The new queen looks intersting, gotta see the full reveal though. I was hoping for something completely different, maybe her on throne made of her dead minions or something

NorthernLadMSP
01-03-2017, 04:05 PM
Base sounds very interesting:

"A semi-transparent base features intricate swirls of Flesh Faction necromancy gently enveloping the Queen’s regal feet and extending from her sovereign hand."

I'm definitely excited to see the actual statue, as well as the new take on Kier they will most likely be doing.

Valderen
01-03-2017, 04:16 PM
I will most likely pass on this, I have the original that I quite like.

I will reserve final judgement until I see more of it, but first reaction is that I like the original better.

Definitely disappointed that they are revisiting characters so early in the life of the Court of the Dead, they have such a rich setting to explore.

VS1976
01-03-2017, 04:19 PM
unless she is nude...pass

majestic1
01-03-2017, 04:39 PM
The reveal of Malevostros at SDCC rekindled my interest in this line but if they are just going to rehash older characters then they've lost me again.

I was hoping the next COTD reveal would have been Ellianastis, that floating head look is very unique and creepy.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2czda95.jpg

DeadGhostKnight
01-03-2017, 04:46 PM
Seriously Sideshow what the absolute ----?

A revisit already? The original took forever to sell out ( if they even made all 3000 of them ) and can be found for waaaaay below retail....whats the point of this?

Wheres the new characters?

Kovenor
01-03-2017, 04:47 PM
The reveal of Malevostros at SDCC rekindled my interest in this line but if they are just going to rehash older characters then they've lost me again.

I was hoping the next COTD reveal would have been Ellianastis, that floating head look is very unique and creepy.

I think we will get both new and a few revisits. They said this will be a big year for CoTD. But im fine with revisits for the faction leaders, the new Kier statue looks pretty awesome on what ive seen so far. Hopefully they give the revisits a low ES.

Comicbookguy
01-03-2017, 04:48 PM
Like it but pass too much stuff coming!

dechirico7
01-03-2017, 05:01 PM

http://i66.tinypic.com/2czda95.jpg

I am hoping they do her or Drim Dram.
I would prefer Drim Dram first.

Nugchompa
01-03-2017, 05:03 PM

I find it hilarious that someone else had this thought! It does look like the top could be removable. That might be a gimmick to sell more.

NorthernLadMSP
01-03-2017, 05:04 PM

I really hope some day you find a real woman. After all these years, you deserve it.

Kovenor
01-03-2017, 05:09 PM
I find it hilarious that someone else had this thought! It does look like the top could be removable. That might be a gimmick to sell more.

Top should be removable IMO. I like small touches like that, worked out nice for Gallevarbe.

Silas Loki
01-03-2017, 06:06 PM
I really hope some day you find a real woman. After all these years, you deserve it.

In ALL things, the fantasy is often better than the reality. I would never curse a man with the hope he finds a real woman, that will be the end of him.

MGTOW

crimsinwing1989
01-03-2017, 06:14 PM
Would be great.
In ALL things, the fantasy is often better than the reality. I would never curse a man with the hope he finds a real woman, that will be the end of him.

MGTOW

:laugh:

SDguy
01-03-2017, 06:19 PM
"Lavish, richly-textured fabric drapes across the Queen’s majestic form".... do you think there will be more fabric than the concept art suggests?

I'm looking forward to this. I never got a good first one :(

ChromeColossus
01-03-2017, 06:41 PM

Classic VS, and don't forget, that Booty better be Tight and Right ;)

ChromeColossus
01-03-2017, 06:43 PM
I will Entertain looking at this when it comes out, then make up my mind there after.

Gyro Zeppeli
01-03-2017, 07:13 PM
I knew she would get a revisit, but I don't get why they didn't use her other outfit for it...

AC_808
01-03-2017, 08:25 PM
Beware the tattoos...beware the tattoos!

Hope they do the tattoos better this time. That was a nightmare.

I did get a good one from the first Queen release, so I'm pretty sure I'm passing on this one.

Unless of course this one comes out way better than the first one. Has to better by a lot, tho.

SDguy
01-03-2017, 08:27 PM

I did get a good one from the first Queen release, so I'm pretty sure I'm passing on this one.

Unless of course this one comes out way better than the first one. Has to better by a lot, tho.

Googly eyes, bad back tattoo, and broken mixed media chains.... my bar is set pretty low.

crimsinwing1989
01-03-2017, 08:31 PM

I'm actually hoping they do away with the tattoos.

SONICobra
01-03-2017, 08:34 PM
they should just sculpt them in if they keep them, and honestly i dont think they can omit them at this point as they have already been depicted being apart of her design (and i dont think they have laser tattoo removal in the underworld but i could be wrong...)

AC_808
01-03-2017, 08:35 PM
Googly eyes, bad back tattoo, and broken mixed media chains.... my bar is set pretty low.

Oh, I forgot about those. And scratches on her right leg because of her minions. She had a lot of issues.

SDguy
01-03-2017, 08:36 PM
I'm actually hoping they do away with the tattoos.

Undead laser tattoo removal? ;)

SDguy
01-03-2017, 08:36 PM
Haha, SONIC beat me to it.

AC_808
01-03-2017, 08:37 PM
they should just sculpt them in if they keep them, and honestly i dont think they can omit them at this point as they have already been depicted being apart of her design (and i dont think they have laser tattoo removal in the underworld but i could be wrong...)

I agree. Hard to omit them now ...so they should just sculpt them in.

AC_808
01-03-2017, 08:37 PM
Undead laser tattoo removal? ;)

HaHa ...

crimsinwing1989
01-03-2017, 08:38 PM
lol who needs laser removal when you have magic. Though yea i think sculpting them in would be a good idea.

Bullseye
01-03-2017, 08:57 PM
I thought this was an original line? Surely they have not run out of ideas for new characters already?

SONICobra
01-03-2017, 09:04 PM
Haha, SONIC beat me to it.

lol unfortunately im all too familiar with laser removal so it was my first thought

crimsinwing1989
01-03-2017, 09:19 PM
I thought this was an original line? Surely they have not run out of ideas for new characters already?
She's getting the red sonja treatment, and i am very happy for it.

supermetroid
01-03-2017, 09:30 PM
Lol already the 2nd revisit in this "original" line(I know they changed the General or whatever's name but same sculpt/pose).

Kovenor
01-03-2017, 09:36 PM
Lol already the 2nd revisit in this "original" line(I know they changed the General or whatever's name but same sculpt/pose).

nobody wants the original General anyways. lean issues galore, so ill be happy with the new one since that issue seems to have been fixed. Altho kinda pissed they didnt include the helmet for him.

supermetroid
01-03-2017, 09:43 PM
nobody wants the original General anyways. lean issues galore, so ill be happy with the new one since that issue seems to have been fixed. Altho kinda pissed they didnt include the helmet for him.

This is becoming a trend it seems with SS. General, Batman(blue),Sabretooth, Red Sonja, now this. Not to mention the 4th Vampirella, it seems like they're just trying to kill any aftermarket value these attain. I understand different sculpts but I hate variants, especially year(s) after something "sells out".

At least do the variants up front like the new Hulk PFs were.

Gyro Zeppeli
01-03-2017, 09:51 PM
Lucky for Sideshow, you guys keep buying these at retail so they couldn't care less LOL

NorthernLadMSP
01-03-2017, 09:51 PM
Red Sonja, Vampirella and this piece are totally different statues so I don't understand why were bringing up variants.

DeadGhostKnight
01-03-2017, 09:57 PM
It just makes me lose faith, were 10 characters in, only 6 have released and already they are revisiting....is the creative well drying up already?

I wouldn't mind if QOTD was terrible but it's a fantastic sculpt, super nice MM and a really sexy/classy statue. I know people had issues with her but they should have fixed those issues in the first place instead of creating a new version and charging people all over again....

NorthernLadMSP
01-03-2017, 10:02 PM
Well their probably doing another Kier so I guess you should prepare yourself to be disappointed.

supermetroid
01-03-2017, 10:03 PM
Red Sonja, Vampirella and this piece are totally different statues so I don't understand why were bringing up variants.

Yeah you're right, but the question remains why 2 revisits already on an original line? :laugh:.

I kind of throw in variants and Sonja for example, because the new Sonja is considered much better just a year later. I'd be upset if I bought the first one only for them to come out with Will's version so soon after. Not taking anything away from the sculptor because it's great but the production/paint definitely was lacking compared to Will's statue.

Many think this market's bubble with burst sometime, it seems to me like SS's going to make it happen a lot faster if they keep this up(just my opinion of course).

Valderen
01-03-2017, 10:03 PM
I think someone at Sideshow is in love with their own creation, and we'll see more of the same, rather than expanding the line which is a shame, but it happens all the time.

They have a great live, tons of character to make...but they will keep on making these over and over because the creators are just in love with their core creation.

It's not like they made something that hasn't sold out yet, and could use that as an excused saying there is no demand beyond the core characters. They aren't even bothering.

As someone who owns 4 so far, and has 3 more on order...I'll it's utter bull---- on Sideshow's part.

I wouldn't mind a revisit if the Queen was 4-5 years old or something, but she sold in mid 2016...so it's recent.

Kovenor
01-03-2017, 10:42 PM
the year has just began... queen and kier are two of the most important characters in CoTD, just be happy they arent doing variants. They are still releasing lots of new characters this year (Death, Cleopsis, Demithyle, Shard), a new bust line..Also have new PO's coming for malavestros, kier 1, queen 2, and mortighull and others that they have teased. they have multiple projects/lines of CoTD going constantly but queen 2 is only in concept stage so she is years down the pipeline anyways.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/Kovenor/1125x682_previewbanner_GethsemoniPF.jpg (http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Kovenor/media/1125x682_previewbanner_GethsemoniPF.jpg.html)
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/Kovenor/CotD_2017_Preview_Showcase_Gethandothersv3%201.jpg (http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Kovenor/media/CotD_2017_Preview_Showcase_Gethandothersv3%201.jpg.html)

Looks like kier is holding up a severed head? either way, looks like it could outdo the first one and the new queen also looks like it will be better, altho the outfit should have been different (queens embrace outfit would have went nicely with this one)

Fuzz
01-03-2017, 10:58 PM
Got burned on the first QotD (both original and replacements should never have passed QC, plus SC wanted me to pay to return it), which has soured me for the entire line. Throwing up a new QotD when people are still waiting for all the other characters, from my perspective, is like a thumb in the eye.

Somebody at SC was probably thinking, "Our first one was poorly executed, but we still sold out. So let's do a new one and charge $200 more".

gomur
01-03-2017, 11:27 PM
Ugh. The nightmares return! Wonky eyes. Misaligned decals. Chipped edges. THREE returned pieces! The statue that torpedoed this series for me is coming back... and now with 2017 pricing!

At least those two nether creatures were kinda cool. Liked them cute buggers.

dechirico7
01-04-2017, 12:19 AM
Ugh. The nightmares return! Wonky eyes. Misaligned decals. Chipped edges. THREE returned pieces! The statue that torpedoed this series for me is coming back... and now with 2017 pricing!

At least those two nether creatures were kinda cool. Liked them cute buggers.

Same happened to me. All three Queens I received had terrible tattoos, different skintones and other defects. Hopefully the quality is supervised more on this one.

Vracula
01-04-2017, 03:22 AM
Ridiculous that this needs to be revisited. What is with SS and repeating charachters, this is their own damn line with all the creative freedom they have to make this line truly collectible they make this nonsense descision. SMH!

Shanesg
01-04-2017, 03:40 AM
I've been trying to get rid of the original. This definitely won't help my situation.

DeadGhostKnight
01-04-2017, 03:44 AM
I was really lucky with mine and got a really nice one with no issues but damn, it's still utter bull----.

And revisiting Kier too?! That was pretty much a home run for them, so why a revisit on her?!

I'd love an explanation on why revisits? and more importantly why so soon?!

Kovenor
01-04-2017, 04:35 AM
I'd love an explanation on why revisits? and more importantly why so soon?!

response from the CoTD facebook page if it helps answer your question at all..

"The characters and creatures that make up the Underworld are constantly evolving both in their looks and their personalities. We also, want to give new fans a chance to own their favorite characters, most of which have long sold out figures. We have many new characters we will be introducing this year as well so be on the lookout for those. We appreciate your feedback though and hope you enjoy what is to come."

Silas Loki
01-04-2017, 08:00 AM
I'm really positive about this, revisits and all. In a "world" dominated by D.C. and Marvel characters (ad nauseum) - I'm 100% behind the development and furthering of original I.P.

Sure, the quality issues don't sound pleasant, but that would be a downer regardless of the I.P. or license.

I missed out on Keir and wasn't enthralled by the original QotD, so this is a real nice surprise, on all counts.

ChromeColossus
01-04-2017, 08:29 AM

"The characters and creatures that make up the Underworld are constantly evolving both in their looks and their personalities. We also, want to give new fans a chance to own their favorite characters, most of which have long sold out figures. We have many new characters we will be introducing this year as well so be on the lookout for those. We appreciate your feedback though and hope you enjoy what is to come."

you know that's the policy line, all in all, a friend of a friend who knows someone on the COTD Team, that found this artist, HAHAHAHA, I don't know, these debates are endless :vortex:

Dave Mac
01-04-2017, 08:31 AM
I really like the design of QotD and I see her being an easy sell. I too have a 'good' vrs1 and that is the one I will stick with as it is beautifully done. This seems to just add to the ethereal energy (can't remember what the energy source is called at moment) which all the subsequent releases seem to feature in some form or other.
Great to hear they are considering 1/6 scale.

SDguy
01-04-2017, 08:36 AM
I've been trying to get rid of the original. This definitely won't help my situation.

If her eyes are straight, her tattoo is perfect, etc etc.... let me know. Otherwise, the second edition isn't the reason for your troubles... :D

Nugchompa
01-04-2017, 10:46 AM
If they do three remakes of one of their original statues, they have hit ARH status.

DeadGhostKnight
01-04-2017, 01:09 PM

That would be fine if the new QOTD was in a different costume or if she had sold out and people were struggling to get her.

Neither of which are true.

dechirico7
01-04-2017, 01:48 PM
If they do three remakes of one of their original statues, they have hit ARH status.

No, they have to do two more Queens, then they will hit ARH status. That is on top of variants.

dechirico7
01-04-2017, 01:55 PM

There is one guy on facebook having a hard time selling his for $300 shipped.

MarkNew
01-04-2017, 02:30 PM
That would be fine if the new QOTD was in a different costume or if she had sold out and people were struggling to get her.

Neither of which are true.

New Costume! New Crown! New Awesome Base!

NorthernLadMSP
01-04-2017, 02:35 PM
New Costume! New Crown! New Awesome Base!

Would you be the sculptor of the new one? ;)

MarkNew
01-04-2017, 02:38 PM
Would you be the sculptor of the new one? ;)

That would be yes! :)

NorthernLadMSP
01-04-2017, 02:38 PM

Ok, then that means I will probably have to buy it, when I was originally thinking I would not.

MarkNew
01-04-2017, 02:42 PM
Ok, then that means I will probably have to buy it, when I was originally thinking I would not.

:goodpost::buttrock::smokin:

You will not regret it!!

NorthernLadMSP
01-04-2017, 02:44 PM

You will not regret it!!

I'm sure I won't. I have the original and love it. I just hope the new one isn't suddenly $200 more than the original one was.

majestic1
01-04-2017, 02:50 PM
Wonder if the Siren will get a revisit as well ?

SDguy
01-04-2017, 03:09 PM

:goodpost:

oddlysober
01-04-2017, 03:15 PM
Thanks Mark for the update, I am totally in on this.

SuperDinoHunter
01-04-2017, 03:16 PM
New Death Siren & Kier would be killer!

Nugchompa
01-04-2017, 03:29 PM

You will not regret it!!

That changes things for me as well. Can you solve the speculation and tell us if her top is removable? :thinking:

Kovenor
01-04-2017, 04:19 PM

:goodpost::goodpost: good to hear

Josh-a-tron
01-04-2017, 04:35 PM
That changes things for me as well. Can you solve the speculation and tell us if her top is removable? :thinking:

Where do you think you are? Arahom's dungeon of delights?

ChromeColossus
01-04-2017, 04:36 PM

Where do you think you are? Arahom's dungeon of delights?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: They have a Happy Hour after 4pm + Buffet ;)

MarkNew
01-04-2017, 04:43 PM

~ Crickets ~

ChromeColossus
01-04-2017, 04:53 PM
~ Crickets ~

I like how you play all innocent, I have viewed some of your pieces in other Forums, you have an Impressive Eye for the Form of a Woman

Nugchompa
01-04-2017, 05:08 PM
I like how you play all innocent, I have viewed some of your pieces in other Forums, you have an Impressive Eye for the Form of a Woman

We are talking about the sculptor of Gallevarbe here. We were joking at first, but now we find out Mark sculpted this one as well. I feel like that makes a removable top even more feasible.

ChromeColossus
01-04-2017, 05:15 PM
We are talking about the sculptor of Gallevarbe here. We were joking at first, but now we find out Mark sculpted this one as well. I feel like that makes a removable top even more feasible.

well I think it should be an option of a Collector, if they want Nudes in there collection or partially, but Mark is and was under contract to do it there way, Not 100% Artistic Freedom Here ;):laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hanky Panky
01-04-2017, 05:21 PM
I'll go on record and cast my vote for any removable pieces. :D

NorthernLadMSP
01-04-2017, 05:24 PM
It's very possible. If the costume of the statue is the same costume as the artwork posted on page 1, her chest piece looks like two floating bone structures not attached to anything.

I hope the new head piece doesn't have the adornments hanging off it like the original did.

MarkNew
01-04-2017, 05:25 PM
I get the feeling that some of you here aren't in this 'collector hobby' just for the Awesome Artwork that is produced. :thinking:

Nugchompa
01-04-2017, 05:27 PM
I get the feeling that some of you here aren't in this 'collector hobby' just for the Awesome Art that is produced. :thinking:

Well, removable top or not, I'm sure the sculpt will be amazing.

I clearly spend to much time in Arahom's forum.

Kovenor
01-04-2017, 05:37 PM
I get the feeling that some of you here aren't in this 'collector hobby' just for the Awesome Artwork that is produced. :thinking:

who says that isnt awesome artwork. :smokin:

Raas Kaaz
01-04-2017, 05:39 PM
beautiful female breasts are art in my books (Magazines...)

btw..siren has the option..

MarkNew
01-04-2017, 05:43 PM
beautiful female breasts are art in my books (Magazines...)

btw..siren has the option..

No argument there.

If it fits the character then by all means.

ChromeColossus
01-04-2017, 05:47 PM
This is just one of my Favorites, Mark

Josh-a-tron
01-04-2017, 05:53 PM
No argument there.

And thats the best way to go about it. What would the character do? Always best to try and get a feel for the subject.

:buttrock:

Hanky Panky
01-04-2017, 06:04 PM
beautiful female breasts are art in my books

As a boob man, I would concur with this statement. :p

MarkNew
01-04-2017, 07:12 PM
This is just one of my Favorites, Mark

Thanks ChromeColossus! I appreciate it! Glad you like it.

ChromeColossus
01-04-2017, 08:26 PM

:stick: No, Love It, Mark
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Kovenor
01-04-2017, 11:38 PM
No argument there.

I would have to argue that if theirs any character in the entire sideshow lineup that deserves a topless statue it would be queen of the dead. I mean her throne is a bunch of naked dead guys so u cant say she wouldn't be topless once in a while =p the option isn't even available with all the other lines such as marvel/dc/star war, etc.. only really possible with CoTD and the other females dont fit. couldn't imagine a topless Kier or Cleopsis.. or Shard/Xiall for that matter o.o SS is very prude Mark, dont let them hide your talents , excited for the full reveal though she looks even better then the first.

NorthernLadMSP
01-05-2017, 12:00 AM
Guess we will see during the final reveal. Either way it doesn't matter to me.

MarkNew
01-05-2017, 12:01 AM
Don't drag me deeper into this ridiculous "topless" discussion. My 'talent' has nothing to do with making bigger and better boobs. SS only brings out the best of the artists they work with and allows creative exploration and collaboration. Statements like yours Kovenor "don't let them hide my talents" tend to make the artist that work on these pieces shy away from forums like this.

Time for me to tap out.

Kovenor
01-05-2017, 12:13 AM
Don't drag me deeper into this ridiculous "topless" discussion. My 'talent' has nothing to do with making bigger and better boobs. SS only brings out the best of the artists they work with and allows creative exploration and collaboration. Statements like yours Kovenor "don't let them hide my talents" tend to make the artist that work on these pieces shy away from forums like this.

Time for me to tap out.
hey, sorry Mark! im just joking around, cant really take CoTD and topless too seriously =p just trying to make discussion. and TBH man one of your last statues with CoTD was topless so I think its unfair for you to call this discussion "ridiculous". anyways nothing but respect for you work! dont let me scare you away ill shutup now

MarkNew
01-05-2017, 12:22 AM
No worries Kovenor. I was a bit sharp there. I appreciate your love for the work.

ReplicantSavior
01-05-2017, 12:30 AM
Well they finally are going to release a variant / new Queen. But from the tease it doesn't seem as good as the original "variant" tease:

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?p=4891682#post4891682

I'll watch and see but I believe I'm out on this line. I wanted Kier. She's sold out now. And I just couldn't go along with that possible dropping arm deal.

crimsinwing1989
01-05-2017, 12:34 AM
I thought the variant was gonna be the red dress ver. but i'm more happy with what their showing now.

Kriegsfuerst
01-05-2017, 04:47 AM
I see it this way:

Kier, Shard, Gethsemoni and Gallevarbe alle 4 CotD women have the best sculpted faces in any female statues I've seen in years. They look drop dead gorgeous, but in an evil, play-hard-to-get way. I never collected female sculptes before, but started when Gethsemoni was released. If the new Gethsemoni comes with a similar eerie but ice-cold-beauty look, I will order here within the blink of an eye.

ChromeColossus
01-05-2017, 08:13 AM

PM

Hanky Panky
01-05-2017, 01:55 PM
Don't drag me deeper into this ridiculous "topless" discussion. My 'talent' has nothing to do with making bigger and better boobs.

When it comes to men and boobs, there is no such thing as a ridiculous discussion. ;)

Silas Loki
01-05-2017, 03:35 PM
I wonder if each collectibles manufacturer should just commission a generic sculpt of a naked women, so that each time someone wants indulge their naked statue fetish they can just go and buy that statue and be done.

If the CHARACTER and scenario call for the subject to be naked, fair enough, but this (constant) craving some collectors seem to exhibit to undress any and every character is just so old and stereotypical.....Gives us (socially adjusted) nerds a bad name.

If you want to see naked ladies, and more, this is the internet - porn is free.

NorthernLadMSP
01-05-2017, 03:39 PM
I wonder if each collectibles manufacturer should just commission a generic sculpt of a naked women, so that each time someone wants indulge their naked statue fetish they can just go and buy that statue and be done.

If the CHARACTER and scenario call for the subject to be naked, fair enough, but this (constant) craving some collectors seem to exhibit to undress any and every character is just so old and stereotypical.....Gives us (socially adjusted) nerds a bad name.

Totally agree. Sometimes it's not even nudity they want. There are some people on this forum who claim to only buy statues because of the assets of some of these female characters. It's honestly rather pathetic how many people clamor for pics of things like a statue's ass (see the Supergirl thread). Sometimes it makes me forget we're on a forum of adults instead of junior high school boys.

Johnneeukca
01-05-2017, 03:50 PM

:iagree::goodpost:

Nugchompa
01-05-2017, 03:51 PM

At the risk of being overly colorful, I'm not sure many collectors sit around polishing their doorknobs while looking at their statues.

Silas Loki
01-05-2017, 04:27 PM
At the risk of being overly colorful, I'm not sure many collectors sit around polishing their doorknobs while looking at their statues.

I don't know, given some of the statements you see on here, I wouldn't bet the house on it! ;)

Hanky Panky
01-05-2017, 04:39 PM
There are some people on this forum who claim to only buy statues because of the assets of some of these female characters.

Different strokes for different folks. Speaking of which...

Hahaha...can you imagine? :D

I'm sure most male collectors value and admire their expensive grails for what they are...a fantasy!

ChromeColossus
01-05-2017, 06:23 PM

I have someone to polish my knob while looking at my collection :)

crimsinwing1989
01-05-2017, 07:55 PM
Totally agree. Sometimes it's not even nudity they want. There are some people on this forum who claim to only buy statues because of the assets of some of these female characters. It's honestly rather pathetic how many people clamor for pics of things like a statue's ass (see the Supergirl thread). Sometimes it makes me forget we're on a forum of adults instead of junior high school boys.
:hilarious:guilty as charged, I act on behalf of the greater good.

ChromeColossus
01-05-2017, 07:57 PM
:hilarious:guilty as charged, I act on behalf of the greater good.

I 2nd that ;)

crimsinwing1989
01-10-2017, 10:40 AM
Cant wait to see more of this statue, my favorite reveal of 12 days.

Demona
01-10-2017, 10:43 AM
I am dying from these last few posts :hysterical:

AC_808
01-10-2017, 11:29 AM
Don't encourage them, D!

It's bad enough as is. Lol.

Josh-a-tron
01-10-2017, 12:29 PM
I am dying from these last few posts :hysterical:

Funny cause it's true

Kriegsfuerst
07-24-2019, 08:08 AM
Didn't like the boring, dull colours on the base. I mean she is queen of the flesh faction and I wanted this to be pointed out. Therefore flesh & blood in her base.. I totally hated the thick, masculine eyebrows and also told my buddy to give her dead eyes, that's the result of his partial repaint. Now I simply love her.

https://abload.de/img/snap000563ndjkp.jpg (https://abload.de/image.php?img=snap000563ndjkp.jpg)

omigeo
07-24-2019, 09:40 AM
Didn't like the boring, dull colours on the base. I mean she is queen of the flesh faction and I wanted this to be pointed out. Therefore flesh & blood in her base.. I totally hated the thick, masculine eyebrows and also told my buddy to give her dead eyes, that's the result of his partial repaint. Now I simply love her.

https://abload.de/img/snap000563ndjkp.jpg (https://abload.de/image.php?img=snap000563ndjkp.jpg)

WoW she looks fantastic!!

jmsmith3388
07-24-2019, 10:41 AM
Night and Day compared to the original. Not sure why SS felt the need to make everything the blue color.

qz33
07-24-2019, 10:52 AM
Just excellent

SDguy
07-24-2019, 07:29 PM
Nice touch with the eyes!

Thor57
07-24-2019, 08:08 PM

Delightfully creepy.

Atlantisatdawn
07-24-2019, 08:51 PM
The repaint looks fine, but I love it just as it looks also

crimsinwing1989
07-24-2019, 09:55 PM
The repaint looks fine, but I love it just as it looks also

+1 i prefer the SS colors.