PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones Raiders Statue advice

Toady
01-14-2017, 10:31 AM
Guys,

I really could do with some advice.

You have just been offered a Indiana Jones Raiders Statue non exclusive vision and without a box for £380 including shipping.

Do you think this is a good price?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tony

FastballSpecial
01-14-2017, 10:52 AM
Without the art box or the original shipping box? To me with no art box is a deal breaker. Even if they had the original styrofoam inserts there's too much that can go wrong in shipping.

Agoniste
01-14-2017, 11:09 AM
Meh.. I bought statues in the past with no styrofoam and it went well at times, but sometimes breakage occured...it really just depends if the seller is stupid with how he packaged it or not.
You should ask him to post pictures of in progress packaging

joy_division
01-14-2017, 12:36 PM
Ask for photos of the head in Daylight, no flash to see what shade the skin is and for photos of the jacket to check for flaking

Toady
01-15-2017, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, I've decided to pass on this one.

ChromeColossus
01-15-2017, 05:20 PM
How Much? whats a Good Price to you? is it's a Steal? what condition? these are the things that need to be a part of the equation, The Artbox would be Nice, the shipper would be sweet, Styrofoam offered? is it local?

everyone has there opinions and they are valued, but more info is needed. Toady

Toady
01-15-2017, 09:27 PM
How Much? whats a Good Price to you? is it's a Steal? what condition? these are the things that need to be a part of the equation, The Artbox would be Nice, the shipper would be sweet, Styrofoam offered? is it local?

everyone has there opinions and they are valued, but more info is needed. Toady

No art box, no shipper and no styroam. Great condition but it would have been posted adding extra risk. Also at £380 which seemed a lot added no boxes to the equation. it all added up to a no deal in my mind.

Dirt Torpedo
01-16-2017, 12:57 PM
Way too much money. Walk away.