PDA

View Full Version : check out this prick, sold once

tormentedbliss
01-14-2017, 08:16 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sideshow-KING-HULK-Premium-Format-SOLD-OUT-RARE-/332089670601?

tormentedbliss
01-14-2017, 08:17 PM
he sold it 6 months ago for 699.00, but told winning bidder it was broke, received neg feedback, to only relist it at 999.00

tormentedbliss
01-14-2017, 08:18 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sideshow-KING-HULK-Premium-Format-SOLD-OUT-RARE-/332033485011

tormentedbliss
01-14-2017, 08:19 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sideshow-KING-HULK-Premium-Format-SOLD-OUT-RARE-/332033485011

heres original ebay sale

tormentedbliss
01-14-2017, 08:20 PM
wasnt happy with the 1 bid, so said it was broke, then relists it at higher start price, u have to eat the loss, thats what an auction is

Agoniste
01-14-2017, 08:27 PM
Shady

tormentedbliss
01-14-2017, 08:49 PM
people like this upset me, i have lost on ebay b4, but also won, this bidder won a great piece at a great price, to then be lied too, its broke? relist months later like nobody will realize it? garbage seller

Collectorcol
01-14-2017, 08:51 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/14uh095.jpg

House
01-14-2017, 08:56 PM
Could have avoided being a jacka@@, by setting a Reserve. Sorry you had to deal with a bad ebay seller :(

Collectorcol
01-14-2017, 09:01 PM
I don't think the OP was even the buyer.

He seems mad...

tormentedbliss
01-14-2017, 09:15 PM
I don't think the OP was even the buyer.

He seems mad...

lol, yes, im just mad, was interested in the hulk, but like to look at negative feedback, to only realize it was on the same hulk he is selling now, lol

tormentedbliss
01-14-2017, 09:16 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/14uh095.jpg

hahhahahaha very nice

Zombiez
01-14-2017, 09:20 PM
I would never by a statue off of e-bay it's just too risky

tormentedbliss
01-14-2017, 09:22 PM

sometimes we may not have a choice, if it cant be sourced other ways, im new to this, i live in rural area, gonna be hard for me to get some past greats without it, but will do my due diligence

nbr3bagshotrow
01-14-2017, 09:26 PM
Meh, I've bought and sold a bunch on ebay. Problems are rarer than they appear because people post about problems but not when everything goes well.

Collectorcol
01-14-2017, 09:37 PM

Why? You have much more protection than the seller.
It's actually riskier selling due to scammers.

tormentedbliss
01-14-2017, 09:50 PM
i have no problem buying off ebay, i buy all the time, just not a statue yet, this seller could have been selling anything, still would have been a prick for doing it, just happened to be a great hulk piece i wanted, only reason i posted it, not to deter other from buying off ebay , i purchase often, hold a 100% feedback rating also

tormentedbliss
01-14-2017, 09:51 PM
just received a message from seller, he owns 3 of the hulks, i find odd, considering picture is identical

tormentedbliss
01-14-2017, 09:51 PM
who owns 3 king hulks?????????

Zombiez
01-14-2017, 09:52 PM
You guys i am brand new to this hobby so new in fact that I don't have one statue yet. Plus these things are so expensive that i feel that i shouldn't take any chances and if you get a bad seller dealing with e-bay can be a lot of frustration and deception.

maybe it's just newbie jitters.

tormentedbliss
01-14-2017, 10:00 PM
You guys i am brand new to this hobby so new in fact that I don't have one statue yet. Plus these things are so expensive that i feel that i shouldn't take any chances and if you get a bad seller dealing with e-bay can be a lot of frustration and deception.

ebay is great, u have buyer protection, cant really get screwed

tormentedbliss
01-14-2017, 10:02 PM
but understand ur feelings, i own no statues either, waiting on hulk/wolverine tho, but i felt the same way 1st using ebay in 2005, my 1st purchase seller sent me wrong car stereo, i was incensed, but it all worked out, got the right one afterwards, have filed a couple claims, but 99% of all my transactions went smoothly, ur more apt to get ripped off face to face then on ebay

tormentedbliss
01-14-2017, 10:04 PM

never forget this......u have a better chance or getting ripped off face to face then you will on ebay, ur not protected face to face, paypal buyer protection on ebay, look at sellers feedback rating etc

Zombiez
01-14-2017, 10:12 PM
yeah I AM definitely going to take in some of you guys advice.

Collectorcol
01-14-2017, 10:21 PM
just received a message from seller, he owns 3 of the hulks, i find odd, considering picture is identical

Why didn’t he send the original buyer a good one then?
I smell BS.

House
01-14-2017, 10:22 PM

Being a late start collector, a lot of my pieces i now have. I have purchased off Ebay, ive only had one bad experience with one seller.
Where i had to keep "asking" him when he planned to ship. Even exchanged personal phone numbers. He finally shipped the statue.. however he shipped it, only in the Art box/Foam from sideshow. It arrived in tact, just was a little miffed.

I've also had many excellent sellers, im in the US and i got my Darth Maul with Mechanical Legs from a Norway seller. He went out of his way to make sure it arrived, and in tact. Kept in touch throughout the waiting. Thanks again GPrime, If you read forums!

Tormentedbliss nailed it on the head though.. A sellers feedback rating is huge in determining whether or not they are trustworthy.

tormentedbliss
01-14-2017, 10:33 PM
Why didn’t he send the original buyer a good one then?
I smell BS.

lol, thankyou so much, i asked the same thing

thecollector80
01-14-2017, 11:21 PM

Lol...the rush is part of what makes the hobby exciting. Will it get squashed during shipping? Or will the seller knowingly screw me over in some way? The possibilities are endless. Trying to get your money back is also another journey you have to take.

tormentedbliss
01-15-2017, 12:00 AM
Lol...the rush is part of what makes the hobby exciting. Will it get squashed during shipping? Or will the seller knowingly screw me over in some way? The possibilities are endless. Trying to get your money back is also another journey you have to take.

omg.... lost a new online shopper now

Zombiez
01-15-2017, 01:43 AM

lol

thecollector80
01-15-2017, 02:00 AM
no really. shelling out what...$1000 for a statue at a mom n pop comic book store (if you can even find one nowadays) is boring. go on ebay and gamble that money for the same statue and see if you end up getting what you thought you would be getting. when you do receive it and it matches what you were thinking, don't you get a big relief? :D that right there is the rush i am talking about man. the more money you gamble the stronger the rush and the better you'll feel when you get it.

i think the hardest thing you can ever deal with is when your statue gets delivered to the wrong address and it gets marked as "delivered" by the carrier. in the files of ebay once it gets marked as "delivered" that's it...it's been delivered. getting your $1000 or so will be even more difficult.

Zombiez
01-15-2017, 02:43 AM
no really. shelling out what...$1000 for a statue at a mom n pop comic book store (if you can even find one nowadays) is boring. go on ebay and gamble that money for the same statue and see if you end up getting what you thought you would be getting. when you do receive it and it matches what you were thinking, don't you get a big relief? :D that right there is the rush i am talking about man. the more money you gamble the stronger the rush and the better you'll feel when you get it.

i think the hardest thing you can ever deal with is when your statue gets delivered to the wrong address and it gets marked as "delivered" by the carrier. in the files of ebay once it gets marked as "delivered" that's it...it's been delivered. getting your $1000 or so will be even more difficult.

Your fun sounds like masochism, BUT me i like things nice and vanilla. So if i do choose to buy a statue off of ebay it will be a very rare occasion.

67L88Stingray
01-15-2017, 09:20 AM

You have that all wrong, expensive statues need signed for. Plus, these days with damage and QC issues it is the same gamble getting new from SS.

sith_apprentice
01-15-2017, 10:05 AM
I actually prefer to buy on Ebay, once I discovered the joys of Paypal Credit. I've had bad experiences buying from Sideshow directly. Buying from my local comic shop is also great, but they're always out of stock when I'm in the market, or they have too many great things at once - they're a bit out of the way, and only allow one month on layaway, so it's hard to get over there frequently.

I've had good experiences with Ebay statues, for the most part, I just don't buy stock pics.

aa909
01-15-2017, 12:24 PM
Buying from eBay and using PayPal offers nearly 100% protection for the buyer. Your only risk is QC issues, so I never buy without getting actual pics of the statue (no stock photos), this way you have detailed photos of the item you expect to receive.

I've had a statue show up broken and PayPal refunded me the full price + all shipping costs in 5 days (this is after the seller stopped responding to my emails).

eBay and PayPal put the burden on the seller, and as long as you have pictures of the piece as advertised, then you are protected if the item is "not as described" e.g. broken, damaged, chipped etc. I can't emphasize this enough, get detailed pics of the item before it ships!

GL
- Art

thecollector80
01-15-2017, 02:38 PM
You have that all wrong, expensive statues need signed for. Plus, these days with damage and QC issues it is the same gamble getting new from SS.

UPS, FEDEX AND USPS do not check ID for sigs. They only want a sig regardless who it comes from so long as they look over 18.

The contents of the box are printed on the front so the recipient can see what it is. And if it happens to be misdelivered to the wrong guy who knows about that stuff...booyah.

danteipp
01-15-2017, 08:09 PM
UPS, FEDEX AND USPS do not check ID for sigs. They only want a sig regardless who it comes from so long as they look over 18.

The contents of the box are printed on the front so the recipient can see what it is. And if it happens to be misdelivered to the wrong guy who knows about that stuff...booyah.

But that can happen to any delivered product, not just eBay. Heck it happen when coming direct from Sideshow, right? If anything, when shipped from an eBay seller, sometimes they double box the SS shipper with a plain cardboard box, which suppresses the item description.

I have bought probably hundreds, if not thousands, of items off eBay (from statues to very small items), since 1998, and only once was an item delivered to the wrong address by a mail service - can't recall which one offhand, because it was a couple years ago, but it might have been USPS. They tracked where they delivered it, I assume either via logs, driver memory or GPS tracking on their truck/handheld device, recovered the item and delivered it safely the next day.

I assume with the scanners they carry and the routes they run, unless you live in a densely populated area like a major city, they should not make too many delivery mistakes. But I guess everyone has different experiences.

thecollector80
01-15-2017, 11:26 PM
But that can happen to any delivered product, not just eBay. Heck it happen when coming direct from Sideshow, right? If anything, when shipped from an eBay seller, sometimes they double box the SS shipper with a plain cardboard box, which suppresses the item description.

I have bought probably hundreds, if not thousands, of items off eBay (from statues to very small items), since 1998, and only once was an item delivered to the wrong address by a mail service - can't recall which one offhand, because it was a couple years ago, but it might have been USPS. They tracked where they delivered it, I assume either via logs, driver memory or GPS tracking on their truck/handheld device, recovered the item and delivered it safely the next day.

I assume with the scanners they carry and the routes they run, unless you live in a densely populated area like a major city, they should not make too many delivery mistakes. But I guess everyone has different experiences.

SSC and other statue manufacturers use computer printed labels with barcodes that are scanned by the carrier.

on ebay what happens is a lot of times the sellers ship the statues in the same manufacturer box like the SSC brown mailer...and some double box. but what they do is they handwrite the shipping info on the box and depending on whether they are dyslexic or just have bad handwriting, numbers and words can be easily misread by the carrier and delivered to the wrong address and signed for.

but at the end of the day it's something collectors and buyers in general have to risk if you want a piece that you can only get online...expensive or cheap.

Cougrcrumby
01-15-2017, 11:32 PM
Buying from eBay and using PayPal offers nearly 100% protection for the buyer. Your only risk is QC issues, so I never buy without getting actual pics of the statue (no stock photos), this way you have detailed photos of the item you expect to receive.

I've had a statue show up broken and PayPal refunded me the full price + all shipping costs in 5 days (this is after the seller stopped responding to my emails).

eBay and PayPal put the burden on the seller, and as long as you have pictures of the piece as advertised, then you are protected if the item is "not as described" e.g. broken, damaged, chipped etc. I can't emphasize this enough, get detailed pics of the item before it ships!

GL
- Art

In my opinion ebay and paypal have gone way way too far over to the buyers side of everything. If a buyer decides he wants a little discount..all he's got to say is that the item is not as described...or its a bit faded or whatever...then they bargain down some more money with the seller...or the seller has to deal with shipping it all back and paying the expense. People can literally decide 40 days later that they no longer want the statue...there's something wrong with it and then paypal will freeze the sellers acount. It's absolutely rediculous if you ask me.

tormentedbliss
01-15-2017, 11:32 PM
PACKERS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cougrcrumby
01-15-2017, 11:34 PM
PACKERS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah....there's sone really upset folks here in dallas area right now.

tormentedbliss
01-15-2017, 11:36 PM
Yeah....there's sone really upset folks here in dallas area right now.

I COULD ONLY IMAGINE, IT WAS GREAT ON BOTH SIDES THO, THEY HAVE A GREAT FUTURE WITH DAK AND ELLIOT THO

Tbolt
01-16-2017, 02:16 PM
I've used eBay to buy and sell loads of times. Usually goes ok.

ScubaSteve did screw me like the OP described on an Ash PF, won too cheap, claimed he broke it. Haven't seen that dude around in a couple years.

Also, I recommend getting a UPS box and having your pieces sent there.