PDA

View Full Version : Prime One Studios-ALIEN

madmanny
02-20-2017, 06:41 PM
Kelvin Loke confirmed the news on FB.

The hype is real, we should see something by the end of the year most likely woooop. Just the Predator needs to be announced now.

Gyro Zeppeli
02-20-2017, 06:51 PM
Another license every statue maker has...

dao2
02-20-2017, 07:05 PM
eh not really, SS has it but they do a super ---- job with it so I don't really count them. Cool props is doing the 1/3 maquette and that's about it. But yeah expect them to piggy back off of a lot of SS licenses, which is great cause it means you'll get ---- actually done right.

Liquid75
02-20-2017, 07:21 PM
Is this "the Alien" licence or the Alien Covenant licence?

testsubject25
02-20-2017, 08:41 PM
I just don't know what to make of their announcements. Terminator got put on hold, so it's hard for me to get jazzed about new announcements that might just fizzle.

loricstone
02-20-2017, 08:55 PM
eh not really, SS has it but they do a super ---- job with it so I don't really count them. Cool props is doing the 1/3 maquette and that's about it. But yeah expect them to piggy back off of a lot of SS licenses, which is great cause it means you'll get ---- actually done right.

Just thought I'd add the word "hopefully" between you'll and get.

loricstone
02-20-2017, 08:56 PM
I just don't know what to make of their announcements. Terminator got put on hold, so it's hard for me to get jazzed about new announcements that might just fizzle.

What the hell happened to World of Warcraft? From anyone aside from Blizzard at this point.

Jesse Custer
02-20-2017, 09:33 PM
Well, Kelvin Loke just posted this in the Facebook group:

"Seems like this is getting very 🔥🔥🔥. P1 would like to know which top 3 alien or predator (any movie) that you would like done so that they can put in their proposal."

https://scontent.frao2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/16681630_1809163246016058_7410856277460974245_n.jpg?oh=2ab0a1fcbb188e264c0d0a70777b6c91&oe=593B1D21

Liquid75
02-21-2017, 03:23 AM
Cool!!!

Do we know the scale?

predators87
02-21-2017, 05:37 AM
that day has come :buttrock:

madmanny
02-21-2017, 06:19 AM
Just said jungle, queen and big chap as the three

Xenoburger
02-21-2017, 08:33 AM
Another license every statue maker has...Besides arguably the two lowest-quality collectible companies (Sideshow and HCG), who else is making high-end Alien statues?

Johnny Utah
02-21-2017, 10:26 AM
Predator 1 Jungle Hunter
Aliens Warrior
Alien 3 Dog Alien

Liquid75
02-21-2017, 10:57 AM
Can someone please post the poll's results when they are known? Thanks a lot

For Me, Jungle Hunter Predator and Big Chap Alien but I would be on the fence for a City Hunter Predator.

jimmylace
02-21-2017, 11:14 AM
Besides arguably the two lowest-quality collectible companies (Sideshow and HCG), who else is making high-end Alien statues?

Exactly. A good number of the fans (myself included) think the SS pieces are junk. Prime 1 are going to make a killing. Hopefully, all goes ahead.

And CoolProps are upping the ante too. Good time to be an Alien/Predator collector.

Now, if only Prime 1 would take The Terminator off hold, I'd be a happy man.

Liquid75
02-21-2017, 11:32 AM
Don't forget Robocop

PermaGrin
02-21-2017, 02:27 PM
Alien, Pred, Term are the three

Python
02-21-2017, 02:47 PM
Oh I really hope this is true! With Coolprops having just revealed an awesome Dog Alien maquette, and Prime 1 just making insanely awesome statues in general, this license could be about to get the kick it deserves!!

:D

jinkazama
02-22-2017, 04:22 AM
Who's this Kelvin guy, and if he works for Prime 1 studios, is there any way I can contact him?[as i'd like to ask him a couple of questions, when is the Batman v Superman Batmobile going up for pre order, and will Prime 1 Studios be making the Batman V Superman Batwing].If anyone can please ask him for me, i'd GREATLY appreciate it.Cheers! :thumbs2:

necronom666
02-22-2017, 07:29 AM
Hopin this is a warrior or a queen, cinemaquette big chap and sideshow dog alien are already perfect iteration of both IMHO, has one signed by giger, the other lifted off the screen usde ADI puppets

Python
02-22-2017, 10:56 AM
Hopin this is a warrior or a queen, cinemaquette big chap and sideshow dog alien are already perfect iteration of both IMHO, has one signed by giger, the other lifted off the screen usde ADI puppets

The CM is nice, but not perfect (as nice as the signature is) In fact Sideshows Big Chap maquette improved on it in many ways. The biggest problem with the Alien CM and the Dog Alien maquette is that they sold out many years ago. There is most definitely room for people to try and improve upon them now.

Gianco
02-23-2017, 08:59 AM
Movie title reference:

Predator (Predator 1)
Alien (Alien 1)
Aliens (Alien 2)

That's my personal choice, I hope to see these superbly done!

toty21
02-23-2017, 10:01 AM
Prime1 just confirmed that they will be making a 1/3 Alien Queen :drinking:

Liquid75
02-23-2017, 10:57 AM
Oh boy...

necronom666
02-23-2017, 11:22 AM

Finally!

SteveL.
02-23-2017, 01:15 PM

The SS Dog alien wasn't actually lifted from the screen used puppets.The SS piece came from ADI molds of the original clay sculpt by Chris Cunningham. Those molds 'were' used to make the foam rubber castings for the Boss filming puppets. However,those Boss 'filming' puppets had modifications done to them after they were molded,to look better when puppeteered,that resulted in them being slightly different from the original ADI molds.

The SS piece is meant to be faithful to the original ADI molds.It's not 'technically' accurate to the Boss screen used filming puppets because of the modifications Boss had made to them.

SteveL.
02-23-2017, 01:31 PM
A 1/3 scale Queen!! That's going to need it's own powerloader to move it! Why 1/3 scale? Is it just to make a bigger maquette version of the Aliens queen or are they planning on making the AVP Queen puppet as a maquette?

The AVP puppet was supposedly 1/3 scale.

DPmaster
02-23-2017, 01:39 PM
They can't do 1/4 scale with this Alien/Predator line because of licensing issues.

Eky
02-23-2017, 02:37 PM
Queen \o/

but WHYYYYYYYYYYYY
such an emotional lift !!!

i won't be able to display 1/3

Sadness ...

Python
02-23-2017, 02:57 PM
Not many people would be able to display a 1/3 Queen, no matter how it is posed...

Here's to hoping they do offer 1/4 Alien stuff although I'll definitely consider their 1/3 Big chap.

SONICobra
02-23-2017, 03:10 PM
how tall would that even be? assuming its in some crouched position it would easily be over 3 feet right?

DPmaster
02-23-2017, 03:38 PM
It says the average Alien Queen is about 15 feet tall so 1/3 scale would be 5 feet. If it's crouched, 3 feet seems reasonable.

jfyahui
02-23-2017, 06:33 PM
If it's 1/3 I really hope it's a alien warrior..or big chap

madmanny
02-23-2017, 06:57 PM
A facehugger would be nice

Malvo
02-23-2017, 07:11 PM

Here is what Prime 1's unofficial spokesman [he does not work for Prime 1] Kelvin Loke said concerning the possibility of a Prime 1 1/3 scale Queen alien statue........"Hmm looks like a 1/3 alien queen is not such a crazy piece to make according to prime1".......

They may or may not make a 1/3 scale Queen Alien statue in the future, but that is hardly a confirmation.

DPmaster
02-23-2017, 07:39 PM
Here is what Prime 1's unofficial spokesman [he does not work for Prime 1] Kelvin Loke said concerning the possibility of a Prime 1 1/3 scale Queen alien statue........"Hmm looks like a 1/3 alien queen is not such a crazy piece to make according to prime1".......

They may or may not make a 1/3 scale Queen Alien statue in the future, but that is hardly a confirmation.

He also said some posts down - "Your wish might just come true. Get prepared for a 1/3 scale alien queen"

So there's that. He said he wasn't kidding either when someone asked him about it.

azurepred
02-23-2017, 07:54 PM
It says the average Alien Queen is about 15 feet tall so 1/3 scale would be 5 feet. If it's crouched, 3 feet seems reasonable.

you can crouch it all you want, it doesn't take away the depth and length of the thing. Add a base with that too. I doubt Loke even knows how big this is before he said some of those things.

Manu81
02-23-2017, 07:56 PM
One decent big chap for me please...lol

Malvo
02-23-2017, 08:12 PM
He also said some posts down - "Your wish might just come true. Get prepared for a 1/3 scale alien queen"

So there's that. He said he wasn't kidding either when someone asked him about it.

Like I said Prime 1 may or may not produce a 1/3 scale Queen Alien, but having a guy who doesn't even work for Prime 1 commenting on it doesn't make it an official confirmation. Hyping a licence is one thing, producing statues based on that licence is another thing altogether.

toty21
02-23-2017, 11:50 PM
Like I said Prime 1 may or may not produce a 1/3 scale Queen Alien, but having a guy who doesn't even work for Prime 1 commenting on it doesn't make it an official confirmation. Hyping a licence is one thing, producing statues based on that licence is another thing altogether.

Interestingly enough every license announcement made on their collector's group page has been made by Kelvin, including their official acquisition of Imaginarium, which I would think ranks higher than a license announcement. As it refers to the size of the alien queen, companies out there including SS every now and then produce life size figures and mass produce them. I hardly think that a 1/3 scale Alien Queen falls in the impossible to produce realm, but I could be wrong and time will tell.

dafadcariad
02-24-2017, 12:15 AM

Kelvin is the owner of Shiok Toys and is the official Prime 1 distributor in that area. If Kelvin is commenting on anything in terms of specifics then that info has already been confirmed by Prime 1. There's no way Kelvin would risk that business agreement on rogue speculation and hype. That being said, I don't see any mention of Kelvin ever stating that the Queen Alien has been confirmed; only that the license covers all of the franchise including Covenant. I personally am excited regardless since in 1:3 scale these will truly be things of beauty.

Ranz
02-24-2017, 12:31 AM
This will be some madness i was too new to collect the original sideshow and Cinemaquette versions that go for a stack of cash now so this works perfect for me as Predator and Aliens are two of the best flicks ever

Wurmtongue
02-24-2017, 04:18 AM
Start saving your money now...

Silverine
02-24-2017, 09:21 AM
Start saving your money now...

1/3 queen, damn we should have saved years ago :)

slynger
02-24-2017, 10:02 AM
A 1/3 scale Alien Queen will be massive, but P1 is showing they have the talent.

Personally, I think I would go after a Predator from the original film (assuming it would be 1/3).

SteveL.
02-24-2017, 12:02 PM
They can't do 1/4 scale with this Alien/Predator line because of licensing issues.

I see.

Silverine
02-24-2017, 12:54 PM
A 1/3 scale Alien Queen will be massive, but P1 is showing they have the talent.

Personally, I think I would go after a Predator from the original film (assuming it would be 1/3).

Yeah, I really wonder if there can be a jungle hunter that can beat the Cinemaquette from Steve wang. In a way I hope p1 can make it happen

Python
02-24-2017, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I really wonder if there can be a jungle hunter that can beat the Cinemaquette from Steve wang. In a way I hope p1 can make it happen

Personally I already prefer the Sideshow/SWS P1. But if anybody can improve upon existing Predator statues, it's probably Prime 1.

azurepred
02-24-2017, 02:46 PM

Packaging wise, no, but i think p1 could top it in any other way and at least match the production paint. I never regretted selling my CM cause I knew it could be topped. These would be 2k no doubt, so they'd have to space things out. That's not primes style though

Silverine
02-24-2017, 02:56 PM
Packaging wise, no, but i think p1 could top it in any other way and at least match the production paint. I never regretted selling my CM cause I knew it could be topped. These would be 2k no doubt, so they'd have to space things out. That's not primes style though

@Python like the SS p1 but in my eyes he is just a bit bellow steve his version. Just a bit :)

Azure I hope your right man, I do see P1 making a better pred but I hope he is 1/3 as well and the base is awesome too, I mean some may say the Cinemaquette is boring pose but that base makes it complete you know.

azurepred
02-24-2017, 03:19 PM
Yea, the base was my fav part of it. The countdown feature was really cool too, but not needed. Id honestly like to see the exact same pose as the old 1:1 prop Winston had in his display. That'd be perfect and a cool nod to the man.

Malvo
02-24-2017, 07:10 PM
Interestingly enough every license announcement made on their collector's group page has been made by Kelvin, including their official acquisition of Imaginarium, which I would think ranks higher than a license announcement. As it refers to the size of the alien queen, companies out there including SS every now and then produce life size figures and mass produce them. I hardly think that a 1/3 scale Alien Queen falls in the impossible to produce realm, but I could be wrong and time will tell.

Years ago SS not only announced a Queen Alien diorama, they produced WIP photo's and completed the prototype. Only to scrap the project altogether due the size, complexity, and cost of producing the diorama. I'm not saying Prime 1 won't produce a 1/3 scale Queen Alien, because they might just do it, but Kelvin's vague remarks on such a project hardly qualify as an official announcement. That's all I'm saying.

Malvo
02-24-2017, 07:19 PM
Kelvin is the owner of Shiok Toys and is the official Prime 1 distributor in that area. If Kelvin is commenting on anything in terms of specifics then that info has already been confirmed by Prime 1. There's no way Kelvin would risk that business agreement on rogue speculation and hype. That being said, I don't see any mention of Kelvin ever stating that the Queen Alien has been confirmed; only that the license covers all of the franchise including Covenant. I personally am excited regardless since in 1:3 scale these will truly be things of beauty.

I should have worded my post more carefully. I did not mean to imply that Kelvin was engaging in speculation and hype as I do agree that he's not going to say anything outside of what he's been permitted to share. But I certainly wouldn't put it past Prime 1 or any other collectible company to hype a new licence in order to create interest. I do recall a lot of hype concerning Prime 1's Terminator licence announcement made 14 month's ago, and that didn't exactly work out the way collectors expected it to.

67L88Stingray
02-25-2017, 12:47 AM
If they are making a 1:3 Queen, I wonder of a 1:2 P1 could materialize, they already have a 1:2 line.

Wurmtongue
03-03-2017, 03:27 PM
Matrix studios doesn't have their own here yet, so I'm saying this here. They posted pics of their alien queen on fb. Looks badass too.

jinkazama
03-06-2017, 02:23 AM
I just want to see Prime 1 Studios make a 1/3 Jungle Hunter Predator maquette....

Buzzie
03-06-2017, 07:29 AM
I just want to see Prime 1 Studios make a 1/3 Jungle Hunter Predator maquette....

:goodpost: +1

jinkazama
03-06-2017, 10:13 AM
Can anyone here on the forum please ask Prime 1 Studios if they in fact will be making a 1/3 Jungle Hunter Predator maquette?[as they don't seem to respond to emails, as I already tried].If anyone would be kind enough to ask them via facebook, or ask Kelvin Loke[as he seems to know some stuff], that would be great.Cheers! :thumbs2:

Malvo
03-23-2017, 11:46 AM
Can anyone here on the forum please ask Prime 1 Studios if they in fact will be making a 1/3 Jungle Hunter Predator maquette?[as they don't seem to respond to emails, as I already tried].If anyone would be kind enough to ask them via facebook, or ask Kelvin Loke[as he seems to know some stuff], that would be great.Cheers! :thumbs2:

I imagine should Prime 1 acquire an Alien/Predator licence a Jungle Hunter Predator will be near the top of their list. But unfortunately, they do not yet have that licence. That Prime 1 Collectors Group Facebook page Alien/Predator 'announcement' was a simply a poll, for Prime 1 to gauge interest in a potential Alien/Predator licence, nothing more. Kelvin Loke clarified things last night when he remarked concerning licensing agreements "Nothing is official unless it is announced on their [Prime 1] official website."

jinkazama
03-23-2017, 12:31 PM
I imagine should Prime 1 acquire an Alien/Predator licence a Jungle Hunter Predator will be near the top of their list. But unfortunately, they do not yet have that licence. That Prime 1 Collectors Group Facebook page Alien/Predator 'announcement' was a simply a poll, for Prime 1 to gauge interest in a potential Alien/Predator licence, nothing more. Kelvin Loke clarified things last night when he remarked concerning licensing agreements "Nothing is official unless it is announced on their [Prime 1] official website."
Thanks for the head's up! :thumbs2:

jinkazama
03-23-2017, 12:34 PM
So I quess that ''official'' statement that was made, saying Prime 1 Studios was making a 1/3 Alien Queen wasn't so official after all.....:(

DPmaster
03-23-2017, 02:27 PM
They already have the license. A Prime 1 employee came out and said that they do, in fact, have licenses for LOTR, Aliens/Predator, and the X-Men.

toty21
03-23-2017, 02:51 PM
Hmm...What I find interesting is that he did not say Alien/Predator license, he said AVP license. Wondering if it will be limited to the AVP movies as opposed to the separate popular movies from both franchises.

DPmaster
03-23-2017, 03:08 PM
Hmm...What I find interesting is that he did not say Alien/Predator license, he said AVP license. Wondering if it will be limited to the AVP movies as opposed to the separate popular movies from both franchises.

I won't assume anything for now but the original poll was for top 3 alien or predator (any movie). Whether that "any movie" means just AvP movies or any Alien/Predator movie, I don't know.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/DPguy78/Prime%201%20licenses%20info%20update_zpsgkwjcwhs.png

Malvo
03-23-2017, 03:18 PM

I couldn't help but notice that as well. While I would love to add some Prime 1 Predator and Alien statues to my collection, I have zero interest in anything produced from the AVP line.

jinkazama
03-23-2017, 03:18 PM
Someone should ask Bruno Zorzi on prime 1 studio's facebook page if they JUST have the license to make AVP stuff, or if they have the license to make stuff from EVERY Predator movie. :thumbs2:

DPmaster
03-23-2017, 03:26 PM
Someone should ask Bruno Zorzi on prime 1 studio's facebook page if they JUST have the license to make AVP stuff, or if they have the license to make stuff from EVERY Predator movie. :thumbs2:

Lol someone just did. We'll see if we get a response right now or if we have to wait until that announcement months from now.

jinkazama
03-23-2017, 03:30 PM
Lol someone just did. We'll see if we get a response right now or if we have to wait until that announcement months from now.
Awesome! :thumbs2:

jinkazama
03-23-2017, 03:32 PM
Hey DPmaster, if Bruno Zorzi responds on prime 1 studio's facebook page, regarding whether they just have the license to JUST make AVP stuff, or stuff from all the Predator movies, can you please post it in this thread?

DPmaster
03-23-2017, 03:33 PM
Hey DPmaster, if Bruno Zorzi responds on prime 1 studio's facebook page, regarding whether they just have the license to JUST make AVP stuff, or stuff from all the Predator movies, can you please post it in this thread?

Will do.

jinkazama
03-23-2017, 03:39 PM
Will do.
Thanks! :thumbs2:

jinkazama
03-23-2017, 03:44 PM
Hey DPmaster, which facebook page was that post from?Was it prime 1 studio's collector's group facebook page?

Liquid75
03-23-2017, 06:09 PM
I don't see the problem. In fact, AVP is a generic term to make reference to both franchises so I would not worry about that.

DPmaster
03-23-2017, 07:12 PM
Hey DPmaster, which facebook page was that post from?Was it prime 1 studio's collector's group facebook page?

Yep

Wurmtongue
03-23-2017, 08:57 PM
X-MEN comics or movies?

Planeswalker
03-24-2017, 02:31 PM
I absolutely can't wait for the Big Chap to have justice done for itself here. After the years and years of other companies screwing it up. I have a feeling Prime 1 will impress!

Malvo
03-24-2017, 04:00 PM
I absolutely can't wait for the Big Chap to have justice done for itself here. After the years and years of other companies screwing it up. I have a feeling Prime 1 will impress!

The employee from Prime 1 [Bruno Zorsi] who yesterday confirmed the Prime 1 licence specifically mentioned an AVP licence. It may be a few month's before we even know whether or not that includes statues from the Predator and Alien franchises.

SteveL.
03-24-2017, 05:12 PM
Wording is the key. AVP is 'actually' Alien vs.Predator. I've never seen any company refer to the separate Alien and Predator franchises "generically" as AVP

Python
03-24-2017, 05:14 PM
I think we're just going to have to wait this out and see. I really hope it proves true however. And if it does, I hope they start with a definitive Big chap Alien.... We need one!

dao2
03-24-2017, 05:21 PM

I saying this as someone who does not think highly of SS and their alien and predator products, but their old big chap and warrior maquette's (1/4th) are pretty damn nice.

Planeswalker
03-24-2017, 09:48 PM
I saying this as someone who does not think highly of SS and their alien and predator products, but their old big chap and warrior maquette's (1/4th) are pretty damn nice.

Sideshow's Alien Warrior Maquette is outstanding. However their Big Chap Maquette is not without its flaws. I have a rather extensive Alien collection and I own both pieces. It's quite rare for a company to do the Big Chap as it should be done with screen accuracy. I really am looking forward to this announcement. I hope we get a number of pieces from the series and dare I say... a Ripley! Man that would be just awesome!

Malvo
03-24-2017, 10:58 PM
Sideshow's Alien Warrior Maquette is outstanding. However their Big Chap Maquette is not without its flaws. I have a rather extensive Alien collection and I own both pieces. It's quite rare for a company to do the Big Chap as it should be done with screen accuracy. I really am looking forward to this announcement. I hope we get a number of pieces from the series and dare I say... a Ripley! Man that would be just awesome!

Unless Sigourney Weaver waives the clause in her Alien contract preventing anyone from creating products in her likeness you can forget about a Ripley statue. For years Sideshow wanted to produce a Ripley PF, but she wouldn't allow it. I agree however, a Ripley statue would be fantastic.

HeavyMetalSpike
03-24-2017, 11:04 PM
Unless Sigourney Weaver waives the clause in her Alien contract preventing anyone from creating products in her likeness you can forget about a Ripley statue. For years Sideshow wanted to produce a Ripley PF, but she wouldn't allow it. I agree however, a Ripley statue would be fantastic.

There are already licenced products with Sigourney's likeness.

dao2
03-25-2017, 01:58 AM

HT has made some ripley figures?

Malvo
03-25-2017, 08:10 AM
There are already licenced products with Sigourney's likeness.

Any item's produced with Weaver's likeness are done so with her permission. According to SS they attempted to have her waive that likeness clause for their Alien licence and she refused.

Malvo
03-25-2017, 08:18 AM
HT has made some ripley figures?

True. And they did so with Weaver's permission. I imagine a lot of money was also involved in her decision to waive that clause. SS actually produced an Aliens Power Loader diorama years ago, and they actually had to go out of their way to ensure the Ripley character in the Power Loader did not too closely resemble Weaver for fear of being sued.

jinkazama
03-25-2017, 08:39 AM
Hey DPmaster, did Bruno Zorzi from Prime 1 Studios confirm if they JUST have the license to make stuff from AVP, or can they make stuff from every Predator movie?[as you said someone asked him on Prime 1 Studio's facebook page].

DPmaster
03-25-2017, 08:55 AM
Hey DPmaster, did Bruno Zorzi from Prime 1 Studios confirm if they JUST have the license to make stuff from AVP, or can they make stuff from every Predator movie?[as you said someone asked him on Prime 1 Studio's facebook page].

No reply to that question that I've seen so far.

toty21
03-25-2017, 09:48 AM
No reply to that question that I've seen so far.

And none perhaps will be seen as I suspect he's been scolded by the Prime 1 owner's for divulging this information without permission. :drinking:

Xenoburger
03-25-2017, 09:49 AM
True. And they did so with Weaver's permission. I imagine a lot of money was also involved in her decision to waive that clause. SS actually produced an Aliens Power Loader diorama years ago, and they actually had to go out of their way to ensure the Ripley character in the Power Loader did not too closely resemble Weaver for fear of being sued.That was way before her likeness seemed to become more easily accessible. I don't think Sideshow would have any trouble obtaining her likeness if NECA and Hot Toys have successfully acquired it, recently.

I don't think Weaver is short on cash either.

Malvo
03-25-2017, 10:17 AM

Bruno was asked, but he hasn't responded. I suspect we won't find out until the details of this licence are finally released. I have zero interest in anything related to AVP so here's hoping the Predator and Alien franchises are covered as well.

Malvo
03-25-2017, 10:25 AM
That was way before her likeness seemed to become more easily accessible. I don't think Sideshow would have any trouble obtaining her likeness if NECA and Hot Toys have successfully acquired it, recently.

You may be right, perhaps Weaver is more willing to waive her likeness clause than she was 8-10 years ago. I'd love to know if Sideshow has attempted to contact her in recent years concerning this.

And I have no doubt Weaver is not short on cash, then again you could say that about a lot of actors. But that still doesn't stop them from trying to make an easy buck every chance they get.

jinkazama
03-25-2017, 11:20 AM
Bruno was asked, but he hasn't responded. I suspect we won't find out until the details of this licence are finally released. I have zero interest in anything related to AVP so here's hoping the Predator and Alien franchises are covered as well.
Thanks for the head's up! :thumbs2:

HeavyMetalSpike
03-25-2017, 12:22 PM
That was way before her likeness seemed to become more easily accessible. I don't think Sideshow would have any trouble obtaining her likeness if NECA and Hot Toys have successfully acquired it, recently.

THIS :thumbs2:

This thread has been a challenge to read lately :)

Xenoburger
03-25-2017, 10:10 PM
And I have no doubt Weaver is not short on cash, then again you could say that about a lot of actors. But that still doesn't stop them from trying to make an easy buck every chance they get.Of course, but I don't think money was ever a factor in the matter of acquiring her likeness.

I think she just had a change of heart somewhere in the past decade either on her own or from someone explaining to her that fans want collectibles of Ripley because they love the character, not because she has various guns throughout the franchise, and that these collectibles will most likely be purchased by adults anyway.

(In case anyone doesn't know, Sigourney used to not want any merchandise of her character Ripley to be produced because she didn't want to promote the use of guns, gun violence, etc.)

Malvo
03-26-2017, 03:07 PM
Of course, but I don't think money was ever a factor in the matter of acquiring her likeness.

I think she just had a change of heart somewhere in the past decade either on her own or from someone explaining to her that fans want collectibles of Ripley because they love the character, not because she has various guns throughout the franchise, and that these collectibles will most likely be purchased by adults anyway.

(In case anyone doesn't know, Sigourney used to not want any merchandise of her character Ripley to be produced because she didn't want to promote the use of guns, gun violence, etc.)

Except in her own movies of course. Typical Hollywood hypocrite.....nothing new there.

Xenoburger
03-26-2017, 05:26 PM
I don't know if I'd go as far as to call her a hypocrite, just misguided.

To a lot of people statues/figures = toys and toys are for children.

Phil the sixth
04-04-2017, 06:05 AM
:buttrock:

https://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/15/22/26/25/17634810.jpg (https://servimg.com/view/15222625/281)

Get ready to scream. Prime1 Alien

Python
04-04-2017, 08:11 AM
Did Prime 1 post that somewhere? Or have you added it here as wishful thinking?

DPmaster
04-04-2017, 09:33 AM
Did Prime 1 post that somewhere? Or have you added it here as wishful thinking?

It was posted yesterday by Kelvin in the Prime 1 FB group. What this means, your guess is as good as mine.

toty21
04-04-2017, 01:29 PM
Kelvin posted this on their FB page, but without the "Prime 1 Alien" part.

Python
04-04-2017, 01:40 PM
Well let's hope something comes from it, I can't think of much in this hobby currently that would get me more excited than a Prime 1 Alien or Predator..

HeavyMetalSpike
04-04-2017, 01:43 PM
Well let's hope something comes from it, I can't think of much in this hobby currently that would get me more excited than a Prime 1 Alien or Predator..

XM's non-canon Predators :)

(* but I'm quite happy to see what Prime 1 do too *)

Python
04-04-2017, 02:01 PM
XM's non-canon Predators :)

(* but I'm quite happy to see what Prime 1 do too *)

Magneto aside, I'm yet to be drawn in to the XM hype personally, and I much prefer movie accurate stuff as cool as some of the customs are. Especially for the money we'll presumably have to stump up. Prime 1 however have managed to wow me many times despite not really making anything from licenses I care for too much (Until their ID4 bits)

That said, I'm intrigued by what they may offer for sure.

loricstone
04-04-2017, 02:45 PM
Magneto aside, I'm yet to be drawn in to the XM hype personally, and I much prefer movie accurate stuff as cool as some of the customs are. Especially for the money we'll presumably have to stump up. Prime 1 however have managed to wow me many times despite not really making anything from licenses I care for too much (Until their ID4 bits)

It's no more hype...it's fact. They make excellent products even though it may not be for everyone. But no denying their quality. I think a lot of on the fencers about XM will change their tune when they see the massive Predator in bound soon!

With that being said...I am as excited as anyone to see what future ALien and maybe Predator products Prime 1 has coming! My hope is that Prime 1 will cover the movie characters of Alien and Predator...while XM covers the creative (think Narin solo style Preddy) side of both licenses!

It truly is a great time to be a collector. I will be getting both...definitely XM. But Prime 1 quality is excellent...so I see no reason why I wouldn't like what they offer as well. I would love to see Prime 1 tackle some of the individual characters from the first Predator movie. I'd also like to see Danny Glover's character from Predator 2! I guess I'm one of the rare fans that like Predator 2 and Predators more than the first Predator!!!

toty21
04-04-2017, 02:55 PM
It's no more hype...it's fact. They make excellent products even though it may not be for everyone. But no denying their quality. I think a lot of on the fencers about XM will change their tune when they see the massive Predator in bound soon!

With that being said...I am as excited as anyone to see what future ALien and maybe Predator products Prime 1 has coming! My hope is that Prime 1 will cover the movie characters of Alien and Predator...while XM covers the creative (think Narin solo style Preddy) side of both licenses!

It truly is a great time to be a collector. I will be getting both...definitely XM. But Prime 1 quality is excellent...so I see no reason why I wouldn't like what they offer as well. I would love to see Prime 1 tackle some of the individual characters from the first Predator movie. I'd also like to see Danny Glover's character from Predator 2! I guess I'm one of the rare fans that like Predator 2 and Predators more than the first Predator!!!

I agree with everything this man has said here. It is indeed a great time to be a collector, one's spouse might not feel the same way, but there is certainly no denying it. :D

HeavyMetalSpike
04-04-2017, 03:25 PM

Aside from XM's "Darkness" sculpt, I haven't been impressed by / interested in anything they have produced so far - and didn't like the paint on the "Darkness". To be fair - that's partly down to their choice of licences and not always because of their "art direction".

However - I have hopes for their Predator stuff as long as they don't screw up the finish (I know the sculpt will rule).

Prime 1 - haven't seen a single thing from them that interested me either. BUT - NOW they seem to be getting the Predator licence so that could ALL change :)

Xenoburger
04-04-2017, 05:42 PM
I don't think XM's sculpt and paint quality match up to Prime 1. What I like about XM are their very dynamic poses and that their pieces are somewhere in between solo statues and dioramas. They're fantastic in those aspects. As I said though, the paint (and sculpt to a lesser degree) quality has always seemed a bit lacking to me. A bit rough around the edges.

Prime 1's quality has been top notch 99% of the time from what I recall.

Python
04-05-2017, 05:14 AM
It's no more hype...it's fact.

You may have taken my comment to heart in a way I didn't intend. I'm not putting down XM at all, far from it. I'm sure their products are of the high quality their customers suggest and I am of course interested in anything Predator and in that sense I look forward to seeing what they offer. I genuinely hope they can surprise me as my expectations are very much in check which his all I meant by the hype hasn't drawn me in yet. I just meant that I personally haven't yet taken much interest in them, mainly because they haven't produced anything that pulls at my heart strings. Prime 1 on the other hand have somehow managed to very much grab my attention despite being in the same position of not producing products from license I follow closely. Perhaps it's the fact they started making ID4 products, or maybe it's the fact they are distributed by Sideshow that helps. Although I think I just personally prefer their style which is pure movie accurate realism and their production pieces are generally phenomenal. Again, not a knock against XM, just a personal reference. I get why people like the stylised XM stuff such as Boba Fett which does look nice. We're all different. Any Alien and Predator is just fine by me, I'll judge it based on how good it is rather than who produces it ultimately and I very much look forward to it all. :thumbs2:

But I am hyped for the Prime 1 Alien stuff so they have extra pressure :eplus2: