PDA

View Full Version : First 4 Figures - Fighter Kirby

BurningRage
04-07-2017, 02:12 PM
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17795707_1442131379194029_3261382924290244035_n.jpg?oh=a1747e5a71b8e1dcfa43d09c342b05b8&oe=595FF8BE

BurningRage
04-07-2017, 02:26 PM
Making of vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrUyBo0JhRQ

BurningRage
04-07-2017, 02:27 PM
EX $269.99
Reg $249.99

sash501
04-07-2017, 03:28 PM
I've always wanted a F4F particularly Zelda, Mario or Simon Belmont . . . but I feel their prices are too steep.

BurningRage
04-07-2017, 04:02 PM
Their prices are pretty cheap compared to other statue companies.

RomanceDawn
04-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Yeah for me they are still reasonable. I'm sure that will change with time. Still waiting on standard Kirby on a Warp Star or riding Rick.

PermaGrin
04-08-2017, 08:09 PM
As simple as it may be, do they have a "regular" version of Kirby?

Not as in exclusive/reg, but as in...not knight version, not fighter version..but just a "kirby"...

BurningRage
04-08-2017, 10:23 PM
They said they're making a reg Kirby on warp star statue.

RomanceDawn
04-10-2017, 01:07 AM
As simple as it may be, do they have a "regular" version of Kirby?

Not as in exclusive/reg, but as in...not knight version, not fighter version..but just a "kirby"...

Yeah there is nothing available but even if it wasn't mentioned by F4F I think it was always a good chance we were going to get one eventually.

I notice they like to release alternate versions of main characters first, before the standard version. Mainly because guys like me who are starving for anything related to the property will snap things up immediately. I don't blame em either, it makes business sense to me!

I've passed on Tanookie and Cat Mario because I just want red shirt, blue overalls Mario. If he's riding Yoshi great, just let me have the standard version. I've skipped out on Sword Kirby and avoiding Fighter Kirby as well. I got that Fierce Deity Link because I desperately wanted a Zelda statue and that was the first thing announced all those years ago.

I love both Mario's and both Kirby's but I'm not getting a bigger home any time soon and space is limited.

I'm so starved for Ridley anything I want that Meta Ridley so bad. He'll eventually get a full flesh and blood version but I don't want to wait.

Deadlyblack
04-11-2017, 02:48 PM
F4F keeps their statue prices reasonable. Heck, Artorias was priced pretty good. Funny how people think their prices are steep when we have companies on this forum that charge $1,300+ for statues.

Anyways, I like the pose and the fact that it's Fighter Kirby has me sold.

BurningRage
04-11-2017, 03:52 PM
EX ordered

I and I
04-12-2017, 05:50 AM
ordered the ex right away! this is such a cute line :D

Toulon89
04-12-2017, 12:51 PM
ordered as well, long live kirby

BurningRage
04-15-2017, 11:37 AM
Apparently this is not selling well and the line could be cancelled.

RomanceDawn
04-17-2017, 02:20 AM

Really?! Where was this heard?

I wonder if people are catching on and are just waiting on standard/warp star Kirby?

If the Kirby line does get canceled then I will buy this one for sure.

silentwinter92
04-17-2017, 05:15 AM
Sigh pie, this is such a good statue.

BurningRage
04-17-2017, 06:42 AM
Really?! Where was this heard?

I wonder if people are catching on and are just waiting on standard/warp star Kirby?

If the Kirby line does get canceled then I will buy this one for sure.

From their Facebook collector's club. Members heard it from their Q and A video. I think it was bad timing when you look at what other companies put up recently a Kirby statue just doesn't stack up.

DeadGhostKnight
04-17-2017, 09:27 AM
Yeah quite a few of th elines are in jeopardy due to low sales, i think Megaman is pretty much done considering Zero was cancelled.

It's such a shame where you have a club of 20000 members and some statues are only selling 100-200 EX's.

It's easy to "like" or comment on posts saying how interested you are but when it comes to putting the money down people go quiet but are the first ones to raise their voice when a line gets cancelled.

RomanceDawn
04-17-2017, 10:30 AM
Aww too bad for Megaman, I didn't even realize Zero was canceled. I would have gotten them too if they looked like Mega, X and Zero to me. Megaman and Protoman have weird shaped heads and faces to me. I forgot what bugged me about the faces of X and Zero but I remember thinking I wish their models looked more like what is seen in Smash Bros 3DU.

I hate EXs if only because I worry about the internal components becoming eroded because I left a battery in there for 19 years or something. But I figure if this is going to be the last Kirby we get I'll grab the regular Fighter Kirby and if Warp Star is released later I'll just have both.

What other lines might be in trouble?

BurningRage
04-17-2017, 10:35 AM
Zelda and Dark Souls seem to be the only lines selling. Those people were complaining because they only wanted a plain Kirby and wish the line started with that. There's people that only want a plain Mario or varia suit Samus. I think F4F biggest problem is marketing. They don't have a comic convention presence. They started giving statues to Radd Titan and Ign to unbox to help.

RomanceDawn
04-17-2017, 11:01 AM
How about Metroid? Though I suppose the games themselves don't sell that well so the statues themselves probably aren't too hot. Once I get that 1/4 Samus and that Ridley I will be set on Metroid. Actually no, I want a Fusion suit so badly.

With so much Sonic I would have figured those were selling pretty well. I think I have about 8 from that line and willing to get classic Amy.

When it comes to Kirby and a few other cuter Nintendo properties I can understand how most people see something like Nightmare or Samus as just more impressive and worth more of their money. For me however, seeing such simple designs like Kirby or Mario made into such a large piece really captures my eye much more so than something that is super complex and busy. For me and it seems many others, I need just need the standard version first. I've only got so much space before things get out of hand.

DeadGhostKnight
04-17-2017, 12:35 PM
The Varia suit EX was one of their biggest sellers so Metroid is fine so far.

BurningRage
04-17-2017, 12:52 PM
I noticed people here who passed on the light suit but bought the varia suit. It will be interesting to see how the next suit sells. I wonder if Bowser and Mario on Yoshi will still sell well based on price.

mousse
05-19-2017, 09:33 AM

That's because they aren't releasing the characters people want, and they don't advertise. They've done this with a few lines now.

F4F need to get the word out for all these potential licenses and new releases and not rely on their members to spread the word and attract series fans to the group. There's also a lot of ultimately useless polls in the closed and very isolated collectors group to determine interest in licenses, but it's like asking a bunch of Zelda fans whether they want an anime statue when they don't even watch anime.

BurningRage
05-19-2017, 01:45 PM
That's because they aren't releasing the characters people want, and they don't advertise. They've done this with a few lines now.

F4F need to get the word out for all these potential licenses and new releases and not rely on their members to spread the word and attract series fans to the group. There's also a lot of ultimately useless polls in the closed and very isolated collectors group to determine interest in licenses, but it's like asking a bunch of Zelda fans whether they want an anime statue when they don't even watch anime.

I wouldn't say Zelda fans don't watch anime. If they would've put reg Kirby first and this after, this would still sell bad and the license would end anyway. They do share their stuff with the other statue collector groups and video game sites had articles about some of their statues but they don't have the hype of the other companies. They end send statues to Radd Titan to review. I haven' really seen anyone with huge XM, Sideshow, PCS or Prime 1 collections buying F4F statues though. Lots of people just stick to their favorite company.

Old Snake
05-19-2017, 01:57 PM
I think they just make bad calls. There's not much of a market for Kirby statues, much less variants of him. You won't get much interest from SF/MK/super hero collectors. So, I dunno, some things probably shouldn't be made out of good business sense.

Or make them very limited, like Jerry does for his passion projects.

BurningRage
06-23-2017, 10:49 AM
200 ex

First4Figures
06-25-2017, 01:03 PM

We do advertise for ALL our products. We give it all and do what we can for each and everyone of them.

dao2
06-25-2017, 07:50 PM
I think they just make bad calls. There's not much of a market for Kirby statues, much less variants of him. You won't get much interest from SF/MK/super hero collectors. So, I dunno, some things probably shouldn't be made out of good business sense.

Or make them very limited, like Jerry does for his passion projects.

yeah, same for statues IMO just regular kirby and metaknight is kinda where it's at :/

Victoria
10-18-2020, 11:18 PM
Does anyone know where you can buy this? I can’t find the light up one anywhere. I looked on First 4 Figures’ website, but all of their Kirby figures say “sold out.”

eternalblue02
10-19-2020, 10:47 AM
Does anyone know where you can buy this? I can’t find the light up one anywhere. I looked on First 4 Figures’ website, but all of their Kirby figures say “sold out.”

Ebay or Facebook collector groups unfortunately.