PDA

View Full Version : Bespin Luke Skywalker Premium Format

Pages : [1] 2

Shoo
04-14-2017, 03:26 PM
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/MI0A0026-1.jpg

BurningRage
04-14-2017, 03:33 PM
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17903977_10154657550292123_467457258476552484_n.jpg?oh=97f591599f988d388c07302a48c4c702&oe=59579844

Mr.Knight
04-14-2017, 05:05 PM
Ow wow fabric...
Still excited for Luke!

bicoid18
04-14-2017, 05:13 PM
Oh my!! So will be seeing a severed hand for the EX? Or an entirely new battle damaged version?

gaijin
04-14-2017, 08:54 PM
Looks almost similar pose to previous pf..

http://www.mwctoys.com/images1/review_jedilukepf_1.jpg

Comicbookguy
04-14-2017, 09:02 PM
A new Luke? Took long enough but these will be around for a long, long time with huge discounts in the aftermarket. Just look at the past releases of the good guys. Imagine if this is like the price of the new maul or kylo. It is good to see what they can do with him. Hope they make a pilot version too. Then a dream for slave leia which will
Never happen.

craigcliff1
04-14-2017, 09:33 PM
This was one I wanted

Raas Kaaz
04-14-2017, 09:59 PM
NIce !! I would have prefered x-wing Luke.. but any new Luke is more than welcome !!

Han, Luke.. leia ???

Comicbookguy
04-14-2017, 10:04 PM
I want the like I saw on the comic book cover wearing the Vader suit and sith saber!

jadekite22
04-14-2017, 10:12 PM
NIce !! I would have prefered x-wing Luke.. but any new Luke is more than welcome !!

Han, Luke.. leia ???

:iagree: The X-wing pilot uniform I think would definitely take the best advantage of the mixed media. I'm excited for this Bespin Luke, but only if the outfit is more the weathered than the fresh-out-the-dryer look the fabric on the Boba Fett PF seemed to have from the photos.

@gaijin Loved that old PF! Considered getting the recent Vader PF solely to display with Luke, but I'm glad we're getting an ESB Luke and Han to potentially go with the Iron Studios Vader.

ReplicantSavior
04-14-2017, 11:15 PM
Hot Toys has Jedi Luke on the way. That's what I'm looking forward to. Sideshow has to really step up the look now on their Star Wars statues.

Mr. Nice Guy
04-14-2017, 11:23 PM
I didn't really care much for his Bespin look. I do however need a Luke. How does the original ROTJ piece stack up?

Mr. Nice Guy
04-14-2017, 11:31 PM
Just took a look and ppl are asking stupid money for the piece. I'd like to see a cloaked Jabba palace Luke.

Switch out hand to the gamorean choke move.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/galleries/2014/Review_LukeSkywalkerJediKnightSWS/Review_LukeSkywalkerJediKnightSWS_stillA.jpg

ReplicantSavior
04-14-2017, 11:33 PM
I didn't really care much for his Bespin look. I do however need a Luke. How does the original ROTJ piece stack up?

For me that came out when I was against fabric on statues. After I passed that period I kept going back and forth on getting it. I recall it didn't sell out fast. But the statue didn't have the energy I wanted in a Jedi Luke statue. Also, the lightsaber effect wasn't that good. Especially when you compare it to the recent ones that Sideshow released.

Peedi
04-14-2017, 11:37 PM
One of my favorite looks for Luke from my absolute favorite Star Wars movie...

craigcliff1
04-14-2017, 11:50 PM
Best movie of any movie.

Mr. Nice Guy
04-15-2017, 06:54 AM
A new Chewie, Han, Luke, and droids must also mean we'll be getting the princess and possibly, but doubtfully, a Lando. Apparently the battle of Taneb doesn't result in potential statue sales.

I'm looking forward to seeing these pieces. I reckon with the new trilogy well on the move we won't get many chances at these old characters any more.

ESB as a whole is the superior film yet I will say I've always loved the Jabba sequence and the Vader final confrontation (before the Noooooo was added) always touched me. When the mask comes off the words that follow along with the score are what I love most about SW and frankly any film ever made.

ambasah
04-15-2017, 06:58 AM
both are great announcements and both will be purchases unless SS gets silly and asks for more than $500.

Part of me was scared they would give us a ROTJ pose in bespin fatigues : )

Choopie
04-15-2017, 06:40 PM
Both of these look to be pretty basic PFs, and unless they wow us with the EXs, there's no reason why these should be more than $500.

Python
04-16-2017, 04:14 PM
Looking forward to seeing the finished statue, the old Luke PF is long overdue an update.

Comicbookguy
04-16-2017, 04:41 PM
Both of these look to be pretty basic PFs, and unless they wow us with the EXs, there's no reason why these should be more than $500.

400.00 is max imo. Very simple statues here.

Wah
04-17-2017, 04:45 PM
I wouldn't be surprised these went above $500.

DiscoCougar
04-18-2017, 02:10 AM
Luke's face will be the deciding factor for me. So many companies just don't get Hamill correctly, and if Sideshow misses I'll pass.

Mr.Knight
04-18-2017, 02:42 AM
Luke's face will be the deciding factor for me. So many companies just don't get Hamill correctly, and if Sideshow misses I'll pass.

Yeah thats why I passed Rey and Jyn. Hope Luke looks good.

SAB380
04-18-2017, 06:05 AM
400.00 is max imo. Very simple statues here.

Good luck with that.

joy_division
04-18-2017, 06:17 AM
We have already had Dagobah Luke (even if it was quite a while ago) so Bespin :/

I would really have preferred a Hoth Luke in his outdoors gear

My ideal SW PF would be Lando in Skiff Guard disguise

Raas Kaaz
04-18-2017, 08:01 AM
Im not complainign what Luke version we getting.. im just glad we getting a new Luke!!!! :) Its so overdue !!

Choopie
04-18-2017, 09:18 AM
Not as overdue as Han. Luke's gotten more love over the years.

Raas Kaaz
04-18-2017, 09:24 AM
Not as overdue as Han. Luke's gotten more love over the years.

True that ! But still... the last Luke was the Jedi luke and that thing is VERY old as well and needed an update.. plus the pose is just strange (again...)

Now give me a new Leia please !

Python
04-18-2017, 11:20 AM
Now give me a new Leia please !

They could probably use the recent CGI files for that if they are allowed access to such assets? It looked horrendous on screen at the end of Rogue One, as do all CGI humans. But it should work very well for a static statue. We've seen Chronicle do it with Arnie in the past to good effect.

joy_division
04-18-2017, 11:30 AM
They could probably use the recent CGI files for that if they are allowed access to such assets? It looked horrendous on screen at the end of Rogue One, as do all CGI humans. But it should work very well for a static statue. We've seen Chronicle do it with Arnie in the past to good effect.
Really? I thought they did a great job - Not as good as Tarkin, but still looked just like a younger Carrie. The R1 Leia really does seem to divide people. you either like it or loathe it.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91dqfhJJfWL._SL1500_.jpg

Python
04-18-2017, 11:36 AM
Really? I thought they did a great job - Not as good as Tarkin, but still looked just like a younger Carrie. The R1 Leia really does seem to divide people. you either like it or loathe it.

I think the fake CGI look affects some people more than others. Fortunately she had very little screen time, that's the best thing I can say about it. Tarkin on the other hand was diabolical and really ruined any immersion for me. It looks great when you look at screen shots of it, I've seen a split image of the Tarkin CGI morphed with Cushing and it was so close to the real actor. But when you put that CGI file on screen among real actors, and real sets, it all goes to pot big time.

And Marmite is vile...

joy_division
04-18-2017, 12:05 PM
Marmite is KING! :D

Python
04-18-2017, 12:16 PM
Marmite is KING! :D

It's true... It really does split opinion! :laugh:

joy_division
04-18-2017, 01:06 PM
I have by the spoon - straight out if the jar!

Hellboy
04-25-2017, 02:27 PM
Bespin Luke is the Luke PF I'd been holding out for all these years. That said the focus of my collection has changed drastically over time and I'm extremely picky when it comes to PFs now. There was a time I'd be all over this but now I'm not so sure. If the final product blows me away I'll certainly consider it if it's reasonably priced.

Comicbookguy
04-25-2017, 02:32 PM
Xm anakin or this?

Hellboy
04-25-2017, 02:36 PM
Apples or oranges? :thinking:

aa909
04-25-2017, 02:53 PM
I think the fake CGI look affects some people more than others. Fortunately she had very little screen time, that's the best thing I can say about it. Tarkin on the other hand was diabolical and really ruined any immersion for me. It looks great when you look at screen shots of it, I've seen a split image of the Tarkin CGI morphed with Cushing and it was so close to the real actor. But when you put that CGI file on screen among real actors, and real sets, it all goes to pot big time.

And Marmite is vile...

I have to disagree, Tarkin was mind blowing IMO. I was stunned how well they integrated the CGI into the scenes... CGI Leia on the other hand was more obvious but it was still cool to see on screen.

Python
04-25-2017, 03:54 PM
I have to disagree, Tarkin was mind blowing IMO. I was stunned how well they integrated the CGI into the scenes... CGI Leia on the other hand was more obvious but it was still cool to see on screen.

That's fine, but We definitely disagree on Tarkin...

Y3E
04-27-2017, 08:28 AM

I think the CGI for Cushing was well done but agree that it was obvious it was CGI when compared to the real actors. CGI has come a long way but it's still not quite there yet in terms of realism.

Commander0Zero
04-27-2017, 10:46 AM
Well it's obvious it's CGI cause you don't live a an a vacuum. You know these actors are older or not with us anymore. If they created a CGI human and told no one then gave them the same amount of screen time a Tarkin or Leia like 99% of people would not have noticed.

Python
04-27-2017, 10:53 AM
Well it's obvious it's CGI cause you don't live a an a vacuum. You know these actors are older or not with us anymore. If they created a CGI human and told no one then gave them the same amount of screen time a Tarkin or Leia like 99% of people would not have noticed.

I guarantee you people would notice. I certainly would, it isn't obvious that it's CGI simply because the actors portrayed are no longer with us. It's obviously because it stands out as looking very fake. Again, some people obviously have a better tolerance than others, so you may have been okay with it which is fine. For me however it was a total immersion killer, and I'm not alone. I wish they would stop doing it and just find ways to write around it. R1 didn't really need Tarkin, any new officer could have filled that role. It certainly didn't need Leia.

ambasah
04-27-2017, 11:47 AM
I don't mind they included them but I agree the difference was very noticeable.

I am sure 10 years from now we won't know the difference. It would be awesome to see Sir Alec Guinness again in a move : )

Commander0Zero
04-27-2017, 12:14 PM
I guarantee you people would notice. I certainly would, it isn't obvious that it's CGI simply because the actors portrayed are no longer with us. It's obviously because it stands out as looking very fake. Again, some people obviously have a better tolerance than others, so you may have been okay with it which is fine. For me however it was a total immersion killer, and I'm not alone. I wish they would stop doing it and just find ways to write around it. R1 didn't really need Tarkin, any new officer could have filled that role. It certainly didn't need Leia.

They made a calculation that for the vast majority the cgi wouldn't be of issue and in fact add to the movie. Also R1 didn't need Tarkin but it sure added to the story. In These one-off's people are going to look for these call backs. So I'm guessing you're going to see some more of this kind of CGI. Because frankly Star Wars movies are for the super casual Star Wars fans.

Python
04-27-2017, 12:23 PM
They made a calculation that for the vast majority the cgi wouldn't be of issue and in fact add to the movie. Also R1 didn't need Tarkin but it sure added to the story. In These one-off's people are going to look for these call backs. So I'm guessing you're going to see some more of this kind of CGI. Because frankly Star Wars movies are for the super casual Star Wars fans.

I'm really not sure it is the vast majority that feel as you do about the CGI. Remember how big of a deal they made about the practical effects for the Force awakens (and how people didn't like the CGI character in that) They are aware that it is a talking point, and usually a negative one. It would be nice to see that go away as much as possible. And any current day actor could have added to the movie in place of CGI Tarkin, we'd always have him in ANH anyway.

Also, I just realised this is the PF thread, I thought we were in the movie section for some reason. I'll shut up about it now as it's way off topic for the subject in hand... Luke!

Y3E
04-27-2017, 12:43 PM

Don't get me wrong Commander, I enjoyed the inclusion of the CGI Cushing and hope the studios do more with actors who are no loner here, but regardless of screen time it was noticeable almost immediately (at least to me) it Tarkin was CGI (even if I didn't know Cushing was dead)

haljordan99
04-27-2017, 12:43 PM
I came in here thinking there were new pictures and everyone is debating about CGI Tarkin, what the heck? :p

Raas Kaaz
04-27-2017, 01:04 PM
I came in here thinking there were new pictures and everyone is debating about CGI Tarkin, what the heck? :p

yep Im with you on this ! :vortex:

built2shred
04-27-2017, 01:17 PM
Don't get me wrong Commander, I enjoyed the inclusion of the CGI Cushing and hope the studios do more with actors who are no loner here, but regardless of screen time it was noticeable almost immediately (at least to me) it Tarkin was CGI (even if I didn't know Cushing was dead)

For me, I thought the CGI on Tarkin was really good, except for a few instances I couldn't tell. Now with Carrie Fisher it was more obvious to me, it might be because when they showed her the room was well lit up, where as Tarkin was always in a darker room.

ambasah
04-28-2017, 10:46 AM
this will likely be $550 like han.

I will pass. I need to be blown away to pay that kind of dough...and it ain't happening with SS these days.

actionjackson83
04-28-2017, 11:12 AM
Hmm use my remaining $200 in reward points on both Han & Luke and be done with SW

joy_division
04-28-2017, 11:24 AM
Hmm use my remaining $200 in reward points on both Han & Luke and be done with SW

I would wait until SDCC Icould see aHoth Leia being done

Tbolt
04-28-2017, 07:19 PM
I would wait until SDCC Icould see aHoth Leia being done

But will it be CGI Leia?

jadekite22
04-28-2017, 09:45 PM

This is why I always hope statues turn out for the best. I need end-all-be-all pieces so I can stop shopping around LOL. I used to say that's why I avoided Hot Toys, as they seem to improve likenesses and quality with every new release of a character . . . but I caved and bought that Rey & BB-8 set and am still tempted by the PF. :bawling:

DiscoCougar
04-29-2017, 02:13 AM
I'm hopeful that instead of a swap out gun EX we get a beat up face coh and the ability to take his right hand off

Python
04-29-2017, 02:47 AM
But will it be CGI Leia?

As bad as the cgi characters looked in the movie, those same files might actually make for a great static statue if Sideshow had access to them.

joy_division
04-29-2017, 12:34 PM
But will it be CGI Leia?

What's wrong with sculpting the old fasioned & PROPER way?

Vpuik
05-02-2017, 03:02 PM
Preview of painted Luke.

Hellboy
05-02-2017, 03:10 PM
That looks perfect to me. Love the pose, straight from Empire. :cool:

SONICobra
05-02-2017, 03:15 PM
Luke looks incredible, still not 100% sold on han though

haljordan99
05-02-2017, 03:31 PM
I think they both look good. I can't imagine Luke having an EX I need and I definitely don't need the Han EX so I'll probably wait for in-hand pics on both of them.

Raas Kaaz
05-02-2017, 03:34 PM
Preview of painted Luke.

oh YES !! thats fantastic !! please dont be a high base and this is a Day 1 PO for me !!!

ESB for the WIN !

testsubject25
05-02-2017, 03:35 PM
Well crap, there's 1100 bux gone thanks to one pic. :laugh:

DiscoCougar
05-02-2017, 03:39 PM
I'm not a fan of his left "jazz hand". They should make it a fist so we have the option of displaying him holding his gun in one hand and his saber hilt in the other at the same time

SONICobra
05-02-2017, 03:46 PM
would look great next to R2... i have to stay the coarse though, villains only for me

Hellboy
05-02-2017, 03:55 PM
I'm not a fan of his left "jazz hand". They should make it a fist so we have the option of displaying him holding his gun in one hand and his saber hilt in the other at the same time

They could always do switch-out hands so you could display it in different ways. That said I like the open hand as that's how Luke carried himself through much of Empire.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i26/Hellboy1138/Forum%20-%20Movies/IMG_0077.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i26/Hellboy1138/Forum%20-%20Movies/IMG_0076.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i26/Hellboy1138/Forum%20-%20Movies/IMG_0075.jpg

Shoo
05-02-2017, 04:33 PM
I'm not a fan of his left "jazz hand".

Funny thing is both of Luke and Han's hands seem interchangeable.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/924/mdPvOT.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/923/aglkLK.jpg

Hellboy
05-02-2017, 04:40 PM
Han looks nice but it's not something I'm willing to pay current prices for. I've gotta say that Imperial blaster makes zero sense though. Shame more thought isn't put into exclusives nowadays.

Marvelito
05-02-2017, 04:50 PM
From these pics both look good to me. I don't need the Han ex, but I'll wait and see what the Luke ex is. Price wise these are not that appealing, but I think I'm going to burn my reward points to get these. Figure I'll probably get these because by the time they release another Han and Luke I really won't be able to afford them.

Luminous
05-02-2017, 04:56 PM
Luke looks a lot better than Han so far. I may have to order this. It seems like they even got the Graflex details right.

ReplicantSavior
05-02-2017, 05:01 PM
I never liked Luke's Bespin costume but I will admit this looks good. But as going from the $550 price of Han, I expect the same price with Luke. Way too much for these.

Hellboy
05-02-2017, 05:11 PM
$550 is a lot. That said if Luke's Ex is as weak as Han's you could opt for a regular and chances are good you'll be able to pick it up for significantly less on the aftermarket as it's almost a ceartainty the ES on both of these will be huge.

Python
05-02-2017, 05:12 PM
Luke turned out way better than Han, he looks great! I'm guessing the EX will be a switch out saber. This one will be very tempting..

Marvelito
05-02-2017, 05:13 PM
$550 is a lot. That said if Luke's Ex is as weak as Han's you could opt for a regular and chances are good you'll be able to pick it up for significantly less on the aftermarket as it's almost a ceartainty the ES on both of these will be huge.

I'm thinking Luke's Ex will be a lightsaber, what else could it be? And empty sleeve where his hand should be?

joy_division
05-02-2017, 05:19 PM
It may not be Bespin but I could see them pulling aHT & doing a Luke in Vader's helmet as the EX
The obvious severed arm would involve as well COH & maybe clothes

ReplicantSavior
05-02-2017, 05:27 PM
I was thinking that maybe the price for Luke will be somewhat reasonable if he has a light up saber and switch out gun for the regular edition. Then whatever EX they can come up with. I don't know what that would be. But he has to have a light up saber to pair with the Vader from Sideshow. Which is $500 with light up saber and far more presence because of the base.

GaryTonge
05-02-2017, 05:33 PM
I want to like these, but I just can't get into the human characters. Something always seems off with them.

Hellboy
05-02-2017, 06:06 PM
I'm thinking Luke's Ex will be a lightsaber, what else could it be? And empty sleeve where his hand should be?

If they make the exclusive an ignited Lightsaber switch-out hand then it'll be a must have. Part of me says that's just too big a deal to reserve for the Ex. and if they make that option it'll be available on both, but I could be wrong. For the amount these things cost I certainly think it should be on both versions.

joy_division
05-02-2017, 07:21 PM
If they make the exclusive an ignited Lightsaber switch-out hand then it'll be a must have. Part of me says that's just too big a deal to reserve for the Ex. and if they make that option it'll be available on both, but I could be wrong. For the amount these things cost I certainly think it should be on both versions.

Maybe the gun IS the EX?

Hellboy
05-02-2017, 08:35 PM
Maybe the gun IS the EX?

Anything is possible I guess. Speaking for myself the blaster is even more essential than the lit saber. I'd likely display this as it's shown even if they do a switch-out lit saber hand. I love the way that hilt looks hanging off his belt.

ReplicantSavior
05-02-2017, 08:42 PM
Can't have a Bespin Luke with lightsaber and not get a light up saber option. That just doesn't fly. Especially if it's $550.

Edit - I just remembered that the new Force Awakens bad guy didn't get a light up saber. And he was $570. So I don't know what Sideshow is doing. Vader got the light up. And if you get them intact, the light up function on the sabers is beautiful.

Luminous
05-02-2017, 08:50 PM
Light up feature or not, doesn't matter to me. Mine will always be displayed with it off even if it included the feature.

joy_division
05-02-2017, 10:01 PM
Can't have a Bespin Luke with lightsaber and not get a light up saber option. That just doesn't fly. Especially if it's $550.

Edit - I just remembered that the new Force Awakens bad guy didn't get a light up saber. And he was $570. So I don't know what Sideshow is doing. Vader got the light up. And if you get them intact, the light up function on the sabers is beautiful.

Light up features suck. The worst kind are light sabres. Even with the lights off, there is no glow spread across the stick.
All it does is drive up the price

Gruson
05-02-2017, 10:04 PM
Are they really $550!?!?

ReplicantSavior
05-02-2017, 10:25 PM
Light up features suck. The worst kind are light sabres. Even with the lights off, there is no glow spread across the stick.
All it does is drive up the price

MadxCollector video with two of them. Normal light and in the dark at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHYblC7Zxh8

I like my Shaak Ti. Usually I'll listen to a Star Wars soundtrack or read a book / comic with the lightsaber on. Fantastic display. No point in having a lightsaber without lights these days.

House
05-03-2017, 03:25 AM
MadxCollector video with two of them. Normal light and in the dark at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHYblC7Zxh8

I like my Shaak Ti. Usually I'll listen to a Star Wars soundtrack or read a book / comic with the lightsaber on. Fantastic display. No point in having a lightsaber without lights these days.

Nice! Always nice to have them on while watching Star Wars Movies! I light up my Shaak Ti/ Aayla Secura, Darth Talon/ Darth Maul ones for extra effect! Just wish Darth Talons saber light worked better.
Looking forward to seeing this piece thou, always liked the look of the Empire Strikes Back outfit.

Marvelito
05-03-2017, 12:21 PM

I agree, saber should be available to both reg and ex. Now, will it light or not. Personally I don't really care too much one way or the other, but if they want this to go with their Vader then it has to light up. But SS does not do things logically, so...

Marvelito
05-03-2017, 12:23 PM
Speaking for myself the blaster is even more essential than the lit saber. I'd likely display this as it's shown even if they do a switch-out lit saber hand. I love the way that hilt looks hanging off his belt.

I would most likely do the same, especially given the pose. If they're going to do a true lightsaber wielding Luke then they need to give him the stance to go with it.

Raas Kaaz
05-03-2017, 02:14 PM
So looks like the blaster will be the exclusive.. whats a great ex for Luke !

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/RaasKaaz/Screen%20Shot%202017-05-03%20at%202.11.19%20PM_zpsy5xochvu.png

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/RaasKaaz/Screen%20Shot%202017-05-03%20at%202.11.19%20PM_zpsy5xochvu.png

jadekite22
05-03-2017, 02:25 PM
Thanks for uploading these screenshots! I think the pose better suits the blaster or an unlit saber. It's very jedi-like, as if he completed his training before fighting Vader. The blaster makes him look appropriately cautious, like when he's sneaking around the halls in Cloud City or trying to figure out where Vader's gonna pop out next during the duel.

Nothing but praise for the wear on the mixed media and the portrait. Perfect.

DiscoCougar
05-03-2017, 02:35 PM
He looks so f'ing awkward.. Like, the way he's holding the saber is stiff and non dynamic. His jazz hand makes him look dainty in some way. And the way his head is leaning forward while his body is standing straight up is odd.

Raas Kaaz
05-03-2017, 02:50 PM
I have to admit the blaster works much better and have the lightsaber on the belt

bonedaddy77
05-03-2017, 02:58 PM
Not liking that pose.

SONICobra
05-03-2017, 03:29 PM
I have to admit the blaster works much better and have the lightsaber on the belt

i agree, lightsaber option looks a little forced

Luminous
05-03-2017, 03:44 PM
It looks to me like the pose was designed around him holding the blaster, yet the blaster is the exclusive? Brilliant...

SONICobra
05-03-2017, 04:14 PM
i think if they had tilted the wrist down a little it would have looked a little more natural imo

Hellboy
05-03-2017, 04:15 PM
I'm hoping that pic isn't the finished product. What's up with the unnatural lean forward? Pics looked prefect up until seeing that. Even the hands of the person in the background looks like they're waiting to catch the statue as it falls over.

haljordan99
05-03-2017, 04:30 PM
It looks to me like the pose was designed around him holding the blaster, yet the blaster is the exclusive? Brilliant...

I agree, they did it backwards. Dangit, I was hoping the EX wouldn't be a must on this. I'm tired of pre-ordering stuff and having money tied up for up to a year waiting for things to ship.

Python
05-03-2017, 04:31 PM
I'm hoping that pic isn't the finished product. What's up with the unnatural lean forward? Pics looked prefect up until seeing that. Even the hands of the person in the background looks like they're waiting to catch the statue as it falls over.

Have to say, the lean stood out to me also, maybe it isn't connected to the base properly as I can't see it being intentional?

Or it could just be an awkward viewing angle.

Hellboy
05-03-2017, 04:37 PM
Have to say, the lean stood out to me also, maybe it isn't connected to the base properly as I can't see it being intentional?

Whatever the reason, it completely ruins the piece for me. It wouldn't be the first time Sideshow has done this. A piece so close to being perfect destroyed by an unnatural pose. His upper body should not be in that position until he's bringing his right foot forward. Instead his torso should be leaning back as his weight would be on his left heel. I don't understand how anyone could look at that and think it looks natural.

bonedaddy77
05-03-2017, 04:44 PM
Whatever the reason, it completely ruins the piece for me. It wouldn't be the first time Sideshow has done this. A piece so close to being perfect destroyed by an unnatural pose. His upper body should not be in that position until he's bringing his right foot forward. Instead his torso should be leaning back as his weight would be on his left heel. I don't understand how anyone could look at that and think it looks natural.

Looks like Jedi Luke still remains the best Luke PF. I agree this pose is off.

ambasah
05-03-2017, 04:45 PM
is that saber final or just a placeholder?

Raas Kaaz
05-03-2017, 05:00 PM
Looks like Jedi Luke still remains the best Luke PF. I agree this pose is off.

disagree.. this is the best Luke in 1/4 so far IMO .. jedi luke pose is even more strange

Luminous
05-03-2017, 05:01 PM

Agreed. The unnatural pose/lean has all but killed any hope I had of pre-ordering this piece.

Hellboy
05-03-2017, 05:08 PM
disagree.. this is the best Luke in 1/4 so far IMO .. jedi luke pose is even more strange

I'm no fan of the ROTJ Luke but there is a big difference between a strange pose and a completely unnatural pose. Try imitating the pose on this Bespin Luke yourself and you'll see your body wouldn't move like that unless you forced it to. Even with that I have to ask why would that be the moment you'd want to freeze in time for a statue? Jedi Luke's pose wasn't great but at least it looked plausible.

FastballSpecial
05-03-2017, 10:42 PM
What a MASSIVE let down. At no time during ESB did he stand like this. I've waited years for ESB Luke. The wait continues.

Marvelito
05-03-2017, 10:49 PM
Hmmm.... it almost looks like he's walking a tightrope. Damn!! I wanted this to be a home run, looks like I'll wait for finished product pics to decide.

CessnaDriver
05-03-2017, 11:00 PM
What a MASSIVE let down. At no time during ESB did he stand like this. I've waited years for ESB Luke. The wait continues.

Yeah I dunno, do they even watch the movie? Or even promotional photos?

And he doesn't have to be holding a light saber all the time either. Just a thought.

ReplicantSavior
05-03-2017, 11:32 PM
Luke was a bit wary during the later part of the fight in Cloud City. That part in particular when Vader surprises him.

I think it's an ok statue. With that simple base though if that's the final base, no way it's a $550 statue. I don't know which I prefer over the Jedi vs Bespin Premium Formats. I passed on the Jedi one.

I think with Hot Toys and other statue companies, Sideshow just needs to do a lot more with current prices. That Cloud City base could be more like a diorama with lights or some steps.

Mr.Knight
05-04-2017, 12:45 AM
We need a good Luke! Sideshow failed him again...

actionjackson83
05-04-2017, 01:13 AM
Ugh terrible pose they chose,

THey coudl've went with these 2 poses and it would've been the best Luke statue

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/2787/kbCTi5.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/3665/ynJA1o.png

Instead they chose leaning tower of skywalker with jazzy hands.

swim
05-04-2017, 01:46 AM
Pass on both for this Star Wats fan

SONICobra
05-04-2017, 02:20 AM
I don't care for the pose with the lightsaber but with the gun it looks like hes cautiously approaching a corner trying to peak around it blaster in hand - like when hes following fett

built2shred
05-04-2017, 02:35 AM
This is a really weird pose they went with.... I'm going to wait and hope Iron Studios releases something soon.

galaxyconvoy
05-04-2017, 05:01 AM
this Luke is a big failed, sad.

ukshaun
05-04-2017, 06:48 AM
Looks better than the Han Solo. Neither look all that special.

ambasah
05-04-2017, 09:15 AM
did you guys see the HT hoth Leia?

holy smokes what a headsculpt. They need to start making statues in 1/4 scale.

Raas Kaaz
05-04-2017, 09:19 AM
HT is just disappointing when it comes to 1/4 scale.

Sideshow should outsource their human head department and let HT do the work on face paint and sculpts and then attach to their statues...

haljordan99
05-04-2017, 10:20 AM
HT is just disappointing when it comes to 1/4 scale.

Sideshow should outsource their human head department and let HT do the work on face paint and sculpts and then attach to their statues...

I've been saying this for years. Sideshow and XM need to let Hot Toys do their human heads.

Hanky Panky
05-04-2017, 10:47 AM
Hmmm.... it almost looks like he's walking a tightrope.

http://i.imgur.com/ZydD3o3.jpg

Dreamland
05-04-2017, 10:55 AM
So looks like the blaster will be the exclusive.. whats a great ex for Luke !

Am I the only one that thinks his hair looks hilarious?! :hilarious:

Hanky Panky
05-04-2017, 10:57 AM
they chose leaning tower of skywalker with jazzy hands.

http://i.imgur.com/rP2HWx5.jpg

Raas Kaaz
05-04-2017, 11:15 AM
lol .. well its not that bad But here is my take:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/RaasKaaz/luke-ice_2_zpsr9squwo3.jpg

testsubject25
05-04-2017, 11:53 AM
I still totally dig it! It'll look cool up high.

Vpuik
05-04-2017, 12:01 PM
Am I the only one that thinks his hair looks hilarious?! :hilarious:

70's/Justin Bieber hair always looks hilarious.

BurningRage
05-04-2017, 12:03 PM
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/1125x682_previewbanner_LukeSkywalkerpf_final.jpg

Raas Kaaz
05-04-2017, 12:04 PM
that upper body pose looks so awesome ! how they messed up the lower body .... :(

Hellboy
05-04-2017, 01:49 PM
This piece looks great to me if it isn't leaning forward. Need more pics.

Raas Kaaz
05-04-2017, 01:52 PM
that sounds better.. now lets see it:

Luke is done and fully approved internally and through Lucas Film, so no tweaks will be occurring with the piece.

Unfortunately the position the piece was shown on Sideshow live looks visually as if the piece is leaning forward when in fact Luke is leaning back in the piece. A recommendation will be going in to the team to see about using a turntable of some kind in the future in order to do at least a 360 (or at least to show different angles of a piece easily), to give viewers a better look at future pieces. When photos are released showing more of Luke at different angles it will fully convey the pose of him

Hellboy
05-04-2017, 02:07 PM
^ this is what I was hoping to hear. Why did they even let those pics of it leaning forward get online if it doesn't represent the product accurately?

Raas Kaaz
05-04-2017, 02:12 PM
^ this is what I was hoping to hear. Why did they even let those pics of it leaning forward get online if it doesn't represent the product accurately?

those were screenshots from the sideshow live video

Marvelito
05-04-2017, 02:15 PM
I'm glad to hear it was just wonky shots from the video. I still like the piece, and am still planning to order it but I want to see more pics from different angles before I commit.

yeek
05-04-2017, 03:40 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing better pics and poses as well. So far Luke looks decent and the EX is pretty good.

Hellboy
05-04-2017, 04:11 PM
those were screenshots from the sideshow live video

It doesn't really matter where the stills are from what matters is Sideshow put it out there and it doesn't represent the piece accurately. Now they need to release more pics proving it doesn't lean forward unnaturally.

testsubject25
05-04-2017, 04:30 PM
It doesn't really matter where the stills are from what matters is Sideshow put it out there and it doesn't represent the piece accurately. Now they need to release more pics proving it doesn't lean forward unnaturally.

Yep! :doh!:

CessnaDriver
05-04-2017, 04:34 PM
You know what?
I'm happy with SW Hot Toys to scratch this itch.
I love my ESB Luke.
They are cheaper, I can pose them any way I wish and they come with all kinds of cool stuff. They can fit inside a detolf! LOL
The likenesses are usually better. They just announced ESB Leia! I'm good I think.

haljordan99
05-04-2017, 04:53 PM
You know what?
I love my ESB Luke.
They are cheaper, I can pose them any way I wish and they come with all kinds of cool stuff. They can fit inside a detolf! LOL
The likenesses are usually better. They just announced ESB Leia! I'm good I think.

I tried getting into the Hot Toys line, but 1/6 just didn't compare to 1/4 in my view. I wish I could have, Hot Toys is killing it.

BurningRage
05-04-2017, 05:00 PM
The HT are addicting. Glad I didn't like Force Awakens designs or I'd be out $5K easily.

testsubject25
05-04-2017, 06:05 PM
The HT are addicting. Glad I didn't like Force Awakens designs or I'd be out $5K easily.

That feels about right :laugh:

SAB380
05-04-2017, 06:13 PM
What is it with Sideshow's love of dancing jazz hands with Luke PFs ?

First we got mincing Jedi Luke and now line dance Bespin luke.

Morgul Steve
05-04-2017, 06:19 PM
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/1125x682_previewbanner_LukeSkywalkerpf_final.jpg

Why is he holding his lightsaber in the middle like that? Shouldn't he be holding it by the grips?

DeadGhostKnight
05-04-2017, 06:21 PM
Why is he holding his lightsaber in the middle like that? Shouldn't he be holding it by the grips?

No he's holding it right, his other hand would go on the grips. It's one the most uncomfortable hilts to hold out of all the lightsabers imo lol

Hellboy
05-04-2017, 06:41 PM
Yep, he's holding it correctly.

Vpuik
05-04-2017, 07:12 PM
There is no grip so that is pretty much the only way to hold it.

Hanky Panky
05-05-2017, 12:41 PM
No he's holding it right

Yep, he's holding it correctly.

There is no grip so that is pretty much the only way to hold it.

Not necessarily...Morgul Steve, here is an example of Luke holding it by the grip.

http://i.imgur.com/8Pg2XQr.jpg

Luminous
05-05-2017, 01:13 PM
He may pose with it by holding by the T-tracks once in a while but he would never one hand it there to duel/spar.

The OT sabers look awesome as hell but they weren't designed with function in mind. Those T-tracks are not comfortable nor ideally placed.

Vpuik
05-05-2017, 01:16 PM
Not necessarily...Morgul Steve, here is an example of Luke holding it by the grip.

Why is the most uncomfortable place to hold the saber called the grip? :) Or are the black fins supposed to be rubbery? I played with a friends real graflex hilt and it definitely didn't feel like it was meant to be help from the bottom. Kinda looks like it though.

craigcliff1
05-05-2017, 01:31 PM
I owned Master Replicas lightsaber and the grip is rubber.

nbr3bagshotrow
05-05-2017, 01:36 PM
You know what?
I love my ESB Luke.

Ditto. The portraits are light years better.

Mr. Nice Guy
05-05-2017, 02:58 PM

If you watch the Bespin fight between Luke and Vader, one of the most noticeable things is how they each hold their LS. You'll notice that Luke always has it held out in an aggressive stance with both hands where a Vader holds back and uses a single hand. This is intentional.

Only once Luke enters the hallway where Vader jumps out and surprises him are they both using both hands. This results in Luke being beaten.

Luke always holds his blade with both hands. I feel this is a huge miss. Luke is clumsy with his powers and overcompensates. He doesn't hold anything back which makes his sloppy versus an advanced adversary.

Very unfortunate. This aspect is absolutely integral to the character at this time.

Hellboy
05-05-2017, 03:29 PM
^ another reason why the blaster makes more sense here.

Khev
05-05-2017, 04:06 PM
If you watch the Bespin fight between Luke and Vader...Luke always holds his blade with both hands.

Actually Luke tries to fight one-handed at the beginning when he says "you'll find I'm full of surprises" but Vader quickly disarms him. From that point on Luke fights two-handed.

Khev
05-05-2017, 04:09 PM
So are Luke's eyes going to be looking up or down? Looks like we have conflicting images of him so far.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=339742&d=1493913705

http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=104153&d=1493751745

Toady
05-06-2017, 03:30 AM
I'm quite looking forward to this Statue.

Mr. Nice Guy
05-07-2017, 12:52 AM
Actually Luke tries to fight one-handed at the beginning when he says "you'll find I'm full of surprises" but Vader quickly disarms him. From that point on Luke fights two-handed.

Watch it again, Khev. Luke is double handed the whole time. When he says you'll find I'm full of surprises he swings to Vaders left, using both hands, and Vader hits his sabre across to the right separating his left hand from the hilt and Luke is crouched down and forced to block Vader with only his right hand. This then allows Vader to disarm him which forces Luke tumbling down the stairs.

Vader uses both hands at two points...when he starts force throwing equipment at Luke and it breaks through the window then once they fight on the bridge.

Luke relies on fighting with two hands while Vader toys with him by only using his right hand. When Vader grabs with both and the empire march comes on in a "oh f@@@" moment and Luke gets tossed around. On the bridge Vader beats him again then severs Luke's right hand. The point being that Luke failed to defeat Vader with and advantage and he now is at a disadvantage.

The hand being severed is critical for Luke. It was a moment where Vader had defeated him and took away his ability to defend himself. He used this to try and pull Luke to the dark side. When Luke does this later to Vader, he chooses empathy over power and throws away his own ability to defend himself to show mercy to his father.

Luke never fought with a single hand.

FastballSpecial
05-07-2017, 06:45 PM
Why is the most uncomfortable place to hold the saber called the grip? :) Or are the black fins supposed to be rubbery? I played with a friends real graflex hilt and it definitely didn't feel like it was meant to be help from the bottom. Kinda looks like it though.

I owned Master Replicas lightsaber and the grip is rubber.

The original graflex T- tracks were plastic. MR made the mistake of making ALL the Sabers with T- tracks using rubber. That's why some are starting to break down and get "tacky"

FastballSpecial
05-07-2017, 06:48 PM
Watch it again, Khev. Luke is double handed the whole time.

This is my BIGGEST problem with it as well. He always has two hands on the lightsaber when engaged with Vader. At no point does he look like this during ESB. It's my favorite film and that's my favorite outfit. I REALLY wanted this piece to be special. It's just a let down for me.

CessnaDriver
05-07-2017, 07:29 PM
Interesting.
I usually pose my Hot Toys in the first day or two and don't mess with them again. I instinctively placed both of Luke's hands on the saber, I must have thought that was the way to go for a reason.

JAWS
05-07-2017, 10:36 PM

Yep!!!

Mr. Nice Guy
05-08-2017, 05:01 AM
Yep!!!

NOPE!!!

https://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11129/111293023/5810148-luke+vs+vader+1.gif

https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/image/transf/none/path/s2093d040c0986b0e/image/idfd875fbbfa197d4/version/1342551492/image.gif

http://cdn.idigitaltimes.com/sites/idigitaltimes.com/files/2015/11/29/lukevsvader.jpg

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-fd06f13692084cf2aacdd864d7ec6d2d-c

The only time he is single handed is when Vader deflects Luke's swing and knocks it from his left hand which causes Luke to drop it.

https://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11129/111293023/5810149-luke+vs+vader+2.gif

ukshaun
05-08-2017, 05:13 AM
This is my BIGGEST problem with it as well. He always has two hands on the lightsaber when engaged with Vader. At no point does he look like this during ESB. It's my favorite film and that's my favorite outfit. I REALLY wanted this piece to be special. It's just a let down for me.

Hand you ever attempted to put on a t-shirt with both hands clasped together. It's impossible :D

Quietstorm
05-08-2017, 10:23 AM
After years of waiting for a new and beaut Luke PF I have never been more ''meh'' about anything in my life.
Very disappointed..

Raas Kaaz
05-08-2017, 10:36 AM
I think SSC live didnt helped this piece.. Im still hoping as SSALEX said, that in the video the pose didnt came out right in the angle it was taken..

Looking forward to see more pictures :)

Vpuik
05-08-2017, 11:31 AM
I think SSC live didnt helped this piece.. Im still hoping as SSALEX said, that in the video the pose didnt came out right in the angle it was taken..

I can see that. The camera was set higher than the statue with the front leg pointed at the camera. one problem with these not so professional live shows is that you don't have much time to set stuff up and see how it looks like on screen.

Hellboy
05-08-2017, 11:58 AM

+1. I'm on the fence until I see more, hoping for the best as I really want this one.

hideousboi
05-10-2017, 10:01 PM
while it IS true that luke general uses his saber in a two handed grip while fighting, he doesn't walk around holding it two handed.
this pose is meant to represent the moments he is seeking Vader out in order to confront his destiny. not mid combat.

Vpuik
05-10-2017, 10:07 PM
Or this...

hideousboi
05-10-2017, 10:14 PM
Or this...

exactly

DiscoCougar
05-10-2017, 10:41 PM
Except in that last picture he doesn't have some dainty left hand and his right arm isn't bending at the elbow like he's trying to shake someone's hand

Josh-a-tron
05-10-2017, 10:59 PM
Except in that last picture he doesn't have some dainty left hand and his right arm isn't bending at the elbow like he's trying to shake someone's hand

How is his left hand "dainty"?

ambasah
05-11-2017, 07:43 AM
while it IS true that luke general uses his saber in a two handed grip while fighting, he doesn't walk around holding it two handed.
this pose is meant to represent the moments he is seeking Vader out in order to confront his destiny. not mid combat.

Or this...

the problem is that in both those pics the saber is NOT ignited. The statue cannot be said to represent that scene at all in my opinion.

They should have made the blaster the regular version and the saber the exclusive.

Vpuik
05-11-2017, 09:02 AM
the problem is that in both those pics the saber is NOT ignited. The statue cannot be said to represent that scene at all in my opinion.

They should have made the blaster the regular version and the saber the exclusive.

:doh!:

In all reality the piece is not meant to reflect any specific scene from the movie so it doesn't matter how he's holding the saber nor if it's lit or not. Better? :wink2:

Raas Kaaz
05-11-2017, 09:21 AM
I still dont get all the hate here.. lets just wait to see a full reveal first, no?

As for me.. im very excited over this piece.. and as ALEX statet.. the pose came accross not correct on the live video..

Im more excited over this then Han for some reason..

Marvelito
05-11-2017, 03:00 PM
I still dont get all the hate here.. lets just wait to see a full reveal first, no?

As for me.. im very excited over this piece.. and as ALEX statet.. the pose came accross not correct on the live video..

I don't hate it, and I'm hoping it turns out really great. Can't wait for better pics.

Hellboy
05-11-2017, 03:03 PM
All Sideshow needs to do for me to lock in a purchase is prove it doesn't have an unnatural lean to it as they claim. Other than that I have zero issues with this PF, it looks great and is everything I'd want in a Bespin Luke. Hoping we see some pics soon.

Marvelito
05-11-2017, 03:28 PM
All Sideshow needs to do for me to lock in a purchase is prove it doesn't have an unnatural lean to it as they claim. Other than that I have zero issues with this PF, it looks great and is everything I'd want in a Bespin Luke. Hoping we see some pics soon.

Ditto for me. Ball is in your court SS!

ambasah
05-11-2017, 05:04 PM
:doh!:

In all reality the piece is not meant to reflect any specific scene from the movie so it doesn't matter how he's holding the saber nor if it's lit or not. Better? :wink2:

hehe...now I gotcha : )

I like this but would only display him with the blaster. I wish the saber was the exclusive.

Mr. Nice Guy
05-11-2017, 07:33 PM

Incorrect. Luke only lights up when face to face with Vader and immediately grabs it with both hands. Luke never walks with an ignited light sabre. Never happened, never will. All lies. Filthy disgusting shameful lies.

The only one to ever walk with his LS ignited is Vader when he's hunting Luke in ROTJ. That's why his PF works.

Btw, the two times Luke held it with one hand in combat (when he loses balance) he holds it with his left hand. The PF has him right handed. More lies. Star Wars ruined. Everything ruined.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-19-2015/_XrQsI.gif

Vpuik
05-11-2017, 08:26 PM
Incorrect. Luke only lights up when face to face with Vader and immediately grabs it with both hands. Luke never walks with an ignited light sabre. Never happened, never will. All lies. Filthy disgusting shameful lies.

The only one to ever walk with his LS ignited is Vader when he's hunting Luke in ROTJ. That's why his PF works.

Btw, the two times Luke held it with one hand in combat (when he loses balance) he holds it with his left hand. The PF has him right handed. More lies. Star Wars ruined. Everything ruined.

Al I see is: :waa: :waah: :waa: :waah: :waa: ;)

Tbolt
05-11-2017, 08:36 PM

V8Falcon
05-11-2017, 09:47 PM
And there still remains the controversy involving his eye direction once it's confirmed on the statue which direction he's looking. Up or down!?

Vpuik
05-11-2017, 10:57 PM
And there still remains the controversy involving his eye direction once it's confirmed on the statue which direction he's looking. Up or down!?

In the movie his eye were always looking up except when he was looking down. #eyegate

T.MAC
05-11-2017, 11:07 PM
I never realized collectors were so detail oriented!

JAWS
05-11-2017, 11:15 PM
Can you delete your own post?

JAWS
05-11-2017, 11:23 PM
Nope Guess not.

JAWS
05-11-2017, 11:27 PM
Seriously you Cant delete your own post lol

JAWS
05-12-2017, 12:01 AM
Had a couple of post on this and I am breaking it down to one.

Watch it again, Khev. Luke is double handed the whole time. When he says you'll find I'm full of surprises he swings to Vaders left, using both hands, and Vader hits his sabre across to the right separating his left hand from the hilt and Luke is crouched down and forced to block Vader with only his right hand. This then allows Vader to disarm him which forces Luke tumbling down the stairs.

Vader uses both hands at two points...when he starts force throwing equipment at Luke and it breaks through the window then once they fight on the bridge.

Luke relies on fighting with two hands while Vader toys with him by only using his right hand. When Vader grabs with both and the empire march comes on in a "oh f@@@" moment and Luke gets tossed around. On the bridge Vader beats him again then severs Luke's right hand. The point being that Luke failed to defeat Vader with and advantage and he now is at a disadvantage.

The hand being severed is critical for Luke. It was a moment where Vader had defeated him and took away his ability to defend himself. He used this to try and pull Luke to the dark side. When Luke does this later to Vader, he chooses empathy over power and throws away his own ability to defend himself to show mercy to his father.

NOPE!!!

The only time he is single handed is when Vader deflects Luke's swing and knocks it from his left hand which causes Luke to drop it.

https://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11129/111293023/5810149-luke+vs+vader+2.gif

Hate to say it but you are seeing this all wrong Mr. Nice guy...

Luke Lunges with his right hand. Would be awkward and unconventional to lunge two handed with you right shoulder facing forward. Luke is attempting to show off (as his comment itself is one of bragging) but Vader shows him quickly how far off he is..

And because I am the KING of the Nerds I will break it down... LOL

Both hands....
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=341165&d=1494560807

Starts to drop hand here but it is covered.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=341166&d=1494560835

Clearly can see he Drops his Left hand as he is about to do his one handed strike...
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=341167&d=1494560870

you can see his left hand dropping further... Clearly hand drops well before he and Vader lock sabers... Its a one handed strike.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=341168&d=1494560895

JAWS drops nerd mic ;)

https://media.giphy.com/media/rq47PJe34Dj4k/giphy.gif

Khev
05-12-2017, 12:23 AM
Yep, Luke gets cocky at the beginning and tries to match Vader in fighting one handed to show how full of surprises he is and is quickly put in his place.

FastballSpecial
05-12-2017, 12:53 AM

Or this...

Except the statue is on a flat surface and Luke is in a tube so it makes sense that he's standing like that. The PF's stance makes no sense.

DiscoCougar
05-12-2017, 01:50 AM
The real answer to how Luke holds his saber is "Who cares - this PF pose looks dumb"

Mr. Nice Guy
05-12-2017, 06:26 AM
Had a couple of post on this and I am breaking it down to one.

Hate to say it but you are seeing this all wrong Mr. Nice guy...

Luke Lunges with his right hand. Would be awkward and unconventional to lunge two handed with you right shoulder facing forward. Luke is attempting to show off (as his comment itself is one of bragging) but Vader shows him quickly how far off he is..

And because I am the KING of the Nerds I will break it down... LOL

Both hands....
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=341165&d=1494560807

Starts to drop hand here but it is covered.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=341166&d=1494560835

Clearly can see he Drops his Left hand as he is about to do his one handed strike...
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=341167&d=1494560870

you can see his left hand dropping further... Clearly hand drops well before he and Vader lock sabers... Its a one handed strike.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=341168&d=1494560895

JAWS drops nerd mic ;)

https://media.giphy.com/media/rq47PJe34Dj4k/giphy.gif

I accept this rebuttal.

Mr. Nice Guy
05-12-2017, 06:26 AM
Al I see is: :waa: :waah: :waa: :waah: :waa: ;)

All I see is your typo.

Vpuik
05-12-2017, 11:48 AM
All I see is your typo.

:thumbs2: It's like those memes where the most obvious word is always misspelled for no apparent reason.

JAWS
05-12-2017, 01:59 PM
I accept this rebuttal.

:) :)

Medusoid
05-18-2017, 01:09 PM
I'm really unimpressed with this so far. It looks nothing like him and the pose is so awkward... :waah: The search for a decent Luke statue continues.

Raas Kaaz
05-18-2017, 01:57 PM
I'm really unimpressed with this so far. It looks nothing like him and the pose is so awkward... :waah: The search for a decent Luke statue continues.

how about you wait until you get to see good pictures of all angles before a final judgment :thinking:

Medusoid
05-18-2017, 05:29 PM
I don't need to see more pictures, I already know this and the new Han are stinkers.

BurningRage
06-08-2017, 05:24 PM
Up for order next week.

Hellboy
06-08-2017, 05:30 PM
Up for order next week.

I'll be there.

testsubject25
06-08-2017, 05:55 PM
^ agree!

Raas Kaaz
06-08-2017, 09:21 PM
I'll be there.

I'll wait for a promo code.. but the ex is great on this.. and it looks even better with the blaster IMO

Hellboy
06-08-2017, 10:10 PM
Blaster is essential to this piece for me. Looking forward to seeing more pics.

Raas Kaaz
06-13-2017, 05:06 PM
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/discover-your-destiny-with-the-luke-skywalker-premium-format-figure/

So SSC starts now charging extra for exclusive versions.. they never short to upset me with every new reveal ... my glass of water just spilled over... Keep it SSC

haljordan99
06-13-2017, 05:16 PM
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/discover-your-destiny-with-the-luke-skywalker-premium-format-figure/

So SSC starts now charging extra for exclusive versions.. they never short to upset me with every new reveal ... my glass of water just spilled over... Keep it SSC

That's BS! I thought they would charge less for the regular, not add onto the EX (I thought the regular would be $540 and the EX $550). Lame. I don't know if I can justify paying $600 for this after shipping.

Hellboy
06-13-2017, 05:17 PM
This company... I swear. Sure it's only $10 but it's the principle. As if the price on these PFs wasn't enough already they gotta start jacking up the cost of Exclusive offerings higher than the regulars now? $560 before shipping is a lot of money for this piece. I really want it but at every step Sideshow makes it harder and harder to keep collecting their product. I'm back on the fence.

Vpuik
06-13-2017, 05:20 PM
That's BS! I thought they would charge less for the regular, not add onto the EX (I thought the regular would be $540 and the EX $550). Lame. I don't know if I can justify paying $600 for this after shipping.

That's curious. The last couple of pieces went the other way where the EX was a round number and the regular was the odd.

Vpuik
06-13-2017, 05:21 PM
This company... I swear. Sure it's only $10 but it's the principle. As if the price on these PFs wasn't enough already they gotta start jacking up the cost of Exclusive offerings higher than the regulars now? $560 before shipping is a lot of money for this piece. I really want it but at every step Sideshow makes it harder and harder to keep collecting their product. I'm back on the fence.

Prime 1 is charging extra $50 on their big exclusives. It's coming whether you like it or not. the only way to avoid these extra charges is to buy more, but you can probably see how well that is going to go down. :)

Hellboy
06-13-2017, 06:03 PM
So the Lightsaber illuminates but the floor doesn't. Not that I was expecting it to but given how simplistic the base is I'd think for $560 they could step up their game a bit in that department and make it happen. If a base ever warranted it, it's this one.

Luminous
06-13-2017, 09:53 PM
Not in love with it. So at this price (and the ridiculous markup for the essential EX) it's an easy pass. At this point I can't imagine what could possibly pull me back to Sideshow. I mean if ESB Han and Luke couldn't do it I don't think anything will.

built2shred
06-13-2017, 10:09 PM

$10 is just to ease you into it, it will just be a matter of time before EX's will be $50+ more then the regular edition...

kingdavidf
06-13-2017, 10:21 PM
Was never going to buy this, but what is this BS with charging more for exclusive versions...they better not make this a thng

SONICobra
06-14-2017, 01:58 AM
Prices are gettin nuts, glad im out of collecting star wars - may the force be with the rest of you

Comicbookguy
06-14-2017, 08:52 AM
$10 is just to ease you into it, it will just be a matter of time before EX's will be $50+ more then the regular edition...

This sucks but it's true... errr how I hate this. Ex and reg should always be the same price. Guess more aftermarket buys from now on. Thano ex is 50.00 more than the reg. Why does ss keep doing this even with these already inflated prices.

ambasah
06-14-2017, 08:57 AM
Prime 1 is charging extra $50 on their big exclusives. It's coming whether you like it or not. the only way to avoid these extra charges is to buy more, but you can probably see how well that is going to go down. :)

It isn't Prime1. It's Sideshow.

Prime1 announced their pieces, prior to the pre-order date, at a certain msrp. then magically the price increased when SS listed them on their site.

ambasah
06-14-2017, 09:00 AM
Personally, I am done at these prices for at best, a mediocre/average statue.

Save your money folks and don't pre-order. At the very least wait until they are coupon eligible or even better wait for a deal in the aftermarket.

Unless the edition size is uber tiny, you will have no problem scoring it later for less.

craigcliff1
06-14-2017, 09:14 AM
P1 Storm Shadow on Facebook EX is $50.00 more than Reg.

The General
06-14-2017, 09:23 AM

I agree. Unreal. Worse is like someone mentioned this is just to test the waters. They're going to start charging more and more for exclusives. Freaking ridiculous. Juggernaut is going to be 2 grand when they finally get around to making one. smh

Vpuik
06-14-2017, 09:47 AM
It isn't Prime1. It's Sideshow.

Prime1 announced their pieces, prior to the pre-order date, at a certain msrp. then magically the price increased when SS listed them on their site.

That was Mr. Freeze and that was for both Ex and Reg I take it (shipping should be the same for both.) Optimus Prime EX was priced higher from the get go, as is storm shadow announced this morning.

And storm shadow is $50 higher for the ex even though the price level is in the $600s.

Hellboy
06-14-2017, 10:37 AM
P1 Storm Shadow on Facebook EX is $50.00 more than Reg.

That was Mr. Freeze and that was for both Ex and Reg I take it (shipping should be the same for both.) Optimus Prime EX was priced higher from the get go, as is storm shadow announced this morning.

And storm shadow is $50 higher for the ex even though the price level is in the $600s.

Cool, what's your point? All the other kids are doing it so Sideshow should too? That's the same mentality that pushed prices to their current levels without any uptick in quality, fabrication and display options or any restraint in terms of keeping the ES at a respectable/collectible level from Sideshow.

Outside of Reward Points the incentive to order through Sideshow direct vs settling for a regular at what is usually a significant reduction in cost via a third party has always been access to the Exclusive. In the case of Luke we're talking an extra $10 for a blaster. Is it worth it? Sure, but make no mistake, just like the price increase push this is a 'test the waters' move. Will collectors pay it like they do with other companies? If yes then let's start applying it across the board and gradually increase it over time depending on the piece and the exclusive offering. Once the door is opened it'll never close.

Remember Me?
06-14-2017, 11:40 AM
Cool, what's your point? All the other kids are doing it so Sideshow should too? That's the same mentality that pushed prices to their current levels without any uptick in quality, fabrication and display options or any restraint in terms of keeping the ES at a respectable/collectible level from Sideshow.

Outside of Reward Points the incentive to order through Sideshow direct vs settling for a regular at what is usually a significant reduction in cost via a third party has always been access to the Exclusive. In the case of Luke we're talking an extra $10 for a blaster. Is it worth it? Sure, but make no mistake, just like the price increase push this is a 'test the waters' move. Will collectors pay it like they do with other companies? If yes then let's start applying it across the board and gradually increase it over time depending on the piece and the exclusive offering. Once the door is opened it'll never close.

:goodpost:

ambasah
06-14-2017, 11:43 AM
I think it was just in response to my earlier post.

In regards to Prime1's more recent hikes, I would argue the decision was NOT theirs.

AlizAbef
06-14-2017, 11:44 AM
This sucks but it's true... errr how I hate this. Ex and reg should always be the same price. Guess more aftermarket buys from now on. Thano ex is 50.00 more than the reg. Why does ss keep doing this even with these already inflated prices.

Aftermarket, supermarket, fleamarket...don't matter. Won't buy it anyway.
http://nextimpulsesports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Screen-Shot-2015-11-23-at-10.48.12-AM.png

Vpuik
06-14-2017, 11:45 AM

So the point is that it'st he direction industry is going whether you like it or not. I'm pretty sure it is in response to the changes in customer behavior where more and more people waiting till ship to order and ESs are getting smaller and smaller. These companies need to recoup more of the cost sooner an the best way to do it is to charge more for the early orders. Same thing happened with he airline industry when they were in tight spot with high they started charging for checked bags etc since they can only raise ticket prices so much. Not saying it is a good practice, but they need to make money somehow when the market is changing. You can only make so much more sales by lowering prices. It's a bad situation to be in when costs are going up and revenue is going down.

TL;DR SS is charging too much and if people don't buy things they will realize the error of their ways and produce better pieces for less money. :)

EDIT: I know I'm the only one here who likes to discuss the business side of things too on top of how much we're getting beat up with price and QC issues, but I just can't help it.

Tbolt
06-14-2017, 12:07 PM
They are not charging MORE for the EX, they are charging LESS for the Reg!

Personally I think it is a good move, as now there is at least a marginal incentive if you settle/can only get the Regucollector edition.

This is something they used to do in the early days of SS. People SHOULD have been up in arms when they went to the SAME price for the version that had less, but somehow this got flipped.

This coming from a guy that 90%+ of my collection is EX pieces.

Hellboy
06-14-2017, 01:23 PM
They are not charging MORE for the EX, they are charging LESS for the Reg!

6 in one, half dozen in the other, the result is the same. Though I'd question your logic in how you've determined they're actually "charging less for the regular." What info is that based off of? The most appropriate piece to use as a comparison would be the new Han Solo PF.

Luke Skywalker Ex w/blaster - $560
Luke Skywalker without blaster -$550
Han Solo Ex w/blaster - $550

Tbolt
06-14-2017, 01:32 PM
6 in one, half dozen in the other, the result is the same. Though I'd question your logic in how you've determined they're actually "charging less for the regular." What info is that based off of? The most appropriate piece to use as a comparison would be the new Han Solo PF.

Luke Skywalker Ex w/blaster - $560
Luke Skywalker without blaster -$550
Han Solo Ex w/blaster - $550

You really can't do a price comparison any longer, they are just all over the map with every release. I mean, this is just the second example of this, and Zatanna is the typical $500 with the Reg $10 less, which is not a normative price point.

Raas Kaaz
06-15-2017, 11:19 AM
its just a principle thing for me as well..

I dont know.. I will wait to see how the XM Luke looks like.. then I will need only a new Leia and I think Im done and out priced out of this hobby and stop buying

I just can not see that SSC has increasing sells over the last years... just dont get it where they trying to go with all this..

The General
06-15-2017, 01:29 PM
its just a principle thing for me as well..

I dont know.. I will wait to see how the XM Luke looks like.. then I will need only a new Leia and I think Im done and out priced out of this hobby and stop buying

I just can not see that SSC has increasing sells over the last years... just dont get it where they trying to go with all this..

I don't get it either. When will the price stop going up??? A couple more pieces and I'm done.

House
06-15-2017, 03:10 PM
Up for pre-order now :)

Comicbookguy
06-15-2017, 03:24 PM
Up for pre-order now :o

:hilarious: up for po is a sad face? .... oh forgot price cost more for ex :bawling: pass will buy later. Wish they would keep finding every way to add extra cost on these already new high prices.

testsubject25
06-15-2017, 03:29 PM
Ordered. Having said that, I think they're getting dangerously close to my BS threshold :laugh:

Raas Kaaz
06-15-2017, 04:22 PM
this will be a very slow seller.. I wait out as well here.

BurningRage
06-15-2017, 04:32 PM
I'll wait for es and coupon.

haljordan99
06-15-2017, 04:54 PM
Ordered. Having said that, I think they're getting dangerously close to my BS threshold :laugh:

They reached mine. I'm either switching to Hot Toys or just calling it quits with Star Wars.

testsubject25
06-15-2017, 05:20 PM
They reached mine. I'm either switching to Hot Toys or just calling it quits with Star Wars.

The HT Star Wars are absolutely fantastic as well. I think that I've picked up 35+ and no issues at all. I was rocked by how good the Baze sculpt was at Celebration.

BurningRage
06-15-2017, 05:23 PM
I'm still waiting for HT to put up the 1/4 Vader and Stormtrooper.

Fremen
06-15-2017, 05:40 PM
Hot Toys is really good for Star Wars.

Comicbookguy
06-15-2017, 06:11 PM
I'll wait for es and coupon.

:buttrock: yes this won't sell well just like almost all sw.

Luminous
06-15-2017, 06:38 PM

That's what I did.

Eky
06-15-2017, 06:46 PM
ES should be 750 like all others don't you think ?

Comicbookguy
06-15-2017, 06:51 PM
ES should be 750 like all others don't you think ?

Too much I say 300 -350 max being generous. The beautiful Erso who was blown up into pieces in the movie was only 500 Es with a ex or fail. But did tvsell out after a year. Es fir these double pf prices needs to be lower to give people a better incentive to pay more.

Hellboy
06-15-2017, 06:56 PM
It's Luke. No way the ES is the same as a new character like Jyn Erso. 750 would be my guess as well.

Comicbookguy
06-15-2017, 07:02 PM
It's Luke. No way the ES is the same as a new character like Jyn Erso. 750 would be my guess as well.

Wasn't Jedi Luke really low like 350? It was around for a very long time.

Hellboy
06-15-2017, 07:06 PM
Wasn't Jedi Luke really low like 350? It was around for a very long time.

ES for Jedi Luke Ex was 700 IIRC and the execution on that piece was nowhere near as popular or iconic.

Comicbookguy
06-15-2017, 07:08 PM
ES for Jedi Luke Ex was 700 IIRC and the execution on that piece was nowhere near as popular or iconic.

Oh.. thanks.., the Jedi Luke I thought was great looking. Face was spot on and pose was great! It was way under rated. The old Han is another story.

Hellboy
06-15-2017, 07:21 PM
Oh.. thanks.., the Jedi Luke I thought was great looking. Face was spot on and pose was great! It was way under rated. The old Han is another story.

I'm the opposite on Jedi Luke. Likeness was alright, pose was weak. Looked okay with the blaster but a bit too much like he was sneaking up on someone. Holding the Lightsaber just looked off to me. They should've lifted one of the many iconic poses from the film IMO.

Comicbookguy
06-15-2017, 07:46 PM
The new movies should just cgi to bring the young Han, Luke and leia back to the new movies. Heck, find a way to add Erso into the new movies.

StatueBandit
06-15-2017, 08:44 PM
The Bespin Luke PF looks good and I really like the likeness to Mark. However the price tag can't be justified especially with a soft EX .... What happened to the bloody severed hand as a EX

BurningRage
06-15-2017, 10:12 PM
The price will keep the es low.