PDA

View Full Version : .45 Scaled Replica Light Sabers

Doc Sonic
09-23-2005, 06:40 PM
Anyone own these? How do you like them? I am thinking of picking some up as they look nice in the ads ( and I can't afford the life size! ).

Zurbaran1
09-23-2005, 07:17 PM
They are excellent reproductions for their size. I have something like 10 of them and really like them. And I've owned some of the 1:1 ones as well.

draven
09-23-2005, 07:26 PM
I agree. Very detailed for their size and affordable. They also look very nice in the tiered case. I have most of them and have even lucked out with one of the random gold ones. Don't expect them to increase in value though.

Wooktroop
09-24-2005, 03:46 AM
i own them all
get some
dont pay more then $35 for any of them

oxbeard
09-24-2005, 07:07 AM
Yeah, they are great. I have several. You can usually find most for around $25 - $30. The only criticism I have of them is that MR is going the way of GG. They are flooding the market with variants and I have been losing interest quick, but to each their own.

sith lord utinni!
09-24-2005, 12:21 PM
I would like to get a complete set of all the regular sabers, NO Variants! But I can't find them for decent prices anywhere, especially the older ones. What is the freakin' deal with the obi weathered one, it used to be around $50 and now its like $150!! Its freakin .45 scaled!!!!!!!!!!!

Collection King 13
09-24-2005, 12:22 PM
I have Anakin's and Vader's... They both are really cool for their size!

Zurbaran1
09-24-2005, 12:25 PM
Here is a picture of my Sith collection sabers in their case. The case also has an acrylic cover. I strongly recommend picking up some cases if you are going to start collecting these. The cases only run around $20 each

Collection King 13
09-24-2005, 12:27 PM
Zurb did you get the Collector's Club Darth Maul saber? Drew has it and It looks really cool...

Zurbaran1
09-24-2005, 12:30 PM
Zurb did you get the Collector's Club Darth Maul saber? Drew has it and It looks really cool...
Yeah I just joined the Collectors Club this week and got the Maul saber. It is really nice but it will not fit in the case.

Doc Sonic
09-24-2005, 12:30 PM
Two questions:

1) Is the MR Collection club worth the price ( if only for the exculsive saber alone ). I wouldn't plan on using any of the other discounts the club offers ( except for maybe a FX saber)

2) Is eBay the best place to buy the .45's? Or, directly from MR.?

Zurbaran1
09-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Two questions:

1) Is the MR Collection club worth the price ( if only for the exculsive saber alone ). I wouldn't plan on using any of the other discounts the club offers ( except for maybe a FX saber)

2) Is eBay the best place to buy the .45's? Or, directly from MR.?

I don't know what the prices are on eBay. You should check them. You'll probably do a little better than from MR on the ones that are still available.

Yes, the Collector Club membership is worth it just for the saber alone. It's nice to get the additional discounts and exclusives but I doubt I will be using them either.

Krypton Knight
09-24-2005, 12:41 PM
The CC is worth the price. You could use 2 of the 6 discount coupons to get $10 off of two more .45 sabers each.

I've got the whole set as well and even got lucky enough to get a gold Yoda saber at Comic-Con. The dark chrome sabers are actually pretty cool looking. As for the weathered Obi-Wan that can go for some insane money, it was a UK exclusive that was limited to 2500 (I believe) with Wal-Mart.com getting 500 of them. They went pretty fast.

As for the best place to get them, that's up to you. To get some of the early ones, yeah, you might have to go to Ebay. I order directly through MR, but they have offered the .45 sabers in Previews in the so you could always order them through your LCS and maybe even get it at a discount if your LCS offers one.

Doc Sonic
09-24-2005, 12:43 PM
Know of any place with a complete list of all the .45's so I can see what I've been missing?

Krypton Knight
09-24-2005, 12:46 PM
Know of any place with a complete list of all the .45's so I can see what I've been missing?
http://www.baptiewright.com/MRCR/index.php

Click on the Prop Matrix link and then on Scaled Replicas.

d rod
09-24-2005, 12:51 PM
i've been selling them since the beggining and never displayed them. then when sniper and galactus bought the complete sets from me, they got me into them. they look really nice. they're small and inexpensive which makes them great for display purposes.
now, you can get the display cases alone as well. as wook said, you should be able to get them for just under $35. those who sell them for $25 are taking a good loss so that's great if you can get it for that price.

galactus
09-24-2005, 12:58 PM
Yeah, they are great. I have several. You can usually find most for around $25 - $30. The only criticism I have of them is that MR is going the way of GG. They are flooding the market with variants and I have been losing interest quick, but to each their own.

I tried to avoid this by only collecting the pieces which actually appeared in the films. This way, no Chrome, Dark Chrome or Gold pieces for me. Krypton Knight was VERY cool and hooked me up with an extra Weathered Obi-Wan mini he had. I joined the Collectors Society to get the Darth Maul saber which is awsome and well worth the price. All in all, I give these pieces a big thumbs up.

In terms of where to buy them, go with Drod and Comicstatues.com.

Sniper
09-24-2005, 08:20 PM
I would like to get a complete set of all the regular sabers, NO Variants! But I can't find them for decent prices anywhere, especially the older ones. What is the freakin' deal with the obi weathered one, it used to be around $50 and now its like $150!! Its freakin .45 scaled!!!!!!!!!!!
please I am trying to get my hands on a weathered obi wan for my collection :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

darthrobbler
09-25-2005, 10:26 AM
I have all of them and the variants. I am a junkie of this stuff. The variants do start to turn you off after a while though. The line is awesome and I highly reccommend you get them.

Doc Sonic
09-25-2005, 10:32 AM
Thanks for everyone's opinions. I going to go ahead a pick a few up!

Doc Sonic
11-19-2005, 12:43 AM
I finally got around to getting a couple of sabers. I've got the Vader Ep IV and think it's incredible-I love it.

Also picked up the Darth Sidious saber. It's nice but not as visually interesting as the Vader saber. Also, coloring is alot darker than the advertisments-I was surprised when I first saw it. Plus, it's so much smaller than the Vader saber. Are Sidious's hands small?

blue_rogue
11-19-2005, 09:09 PM
I collect the mini sabers. I like them a lot because they're cheap and they don't take up much space. There are still a few MR sabers that haven't gotten the .45 scale treatment yet. I'm hoping we'll see those made next year.

Mini blasters are coming next year, too. :buttrock:

Sniper
11-19-2005, 11:08 PM
I collect the mini sabers. I like them a lot because they're cheap and they don't take up much space. There are still a few MR sabers that haven't gotten the .45 scale treatment yet. I'm hoping we'll see those made next year.

Mini blasters are coming next year, too. :buttrock:
mini blasters are going to rock!~!!!

Big Dave
11-21-2005, 04:49 PM
I was trying to collect them all (including the variants), but I got tired of them and decided to only keep 3 (Luke ROTJ, Obi Weathered, Vader ANH) and ebay'd the rest this weekend. I think I will stick to a few choice full-size ones instead.

Zurbaran1
11-21-2005, 05:07 PM
If you are going to collect the mini sabers do yourself a favor and pick up a few of the trio display cases. They are a great way to show your sabers and only $20 a piece. here's one of mine with the acrylic cover off:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b396/Zurbaran1/aasaber1.jpg

Meteor Man
11-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Yeah, these are VERY COOL! I have Obi-Wan and Mace Windu's from AOTC. Darth Vader's from ROTJ, and Darth Tyranus saber from AOTC. I'm still looking for Yoda's and Palpatine's from ROTS..... :buttrock:

Doc Sonic
11-21-2005, 11:44 PM
Someone set me straight on this:

Is there a Luke ANH saber? If so, is the same as the Anakin
ROTS saber ( should be the same one correct? )

And,

Is the weathered Obi Wan saber the same as the Obi Wan ROTS saber ( just weathered to reflect age )?

hydrotherion
11-23-2005, 01:32 PM
I have a couple myself:

Obi-wan kenobi SW ep3
Anakin Skywalker ep3
Yoda -2005 SDCC Exclusive Gold Variant

http://img46.imagevenue.com/loc273/th_bce_P1010013.JPG (http://img46.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc273&image=bce_P1010013.JPG)

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3614/6sw7rb.th.jpg (http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=6sw7rb.jpg)

I've got a question for you guys:

So you know I own the Obi wan SW ep 3 scaled replica and I can buy a Obi-Wan light saber 'As first build by' version. They kinda look the same and I'm wondering if it worth buying? It cost 35$ with mail.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/8870/mrminiobiab53ui.jpg

Doc Sonic
11-23-2005, 07:44 PM
I was wonderin' the same thing myself. It sure looks the same and that's why it prevented me from bidding on one on the 'bay.

BTW what type of glass displays are those that you're using?

hydrotherion
11-23-2005, 08:09 PM
Doc Sonic says:

I was wonderin' the same thing myself. It sure looks the same and that's why it prevented me from bidding on one on the 'bay.

BTW what type of glass displays are those that you're using?

Yeah, The only difference I could see was that the base says "first build". I think i'm going to leave this one and get the dooku 01.45 replica.

Nothing special. The DETOLF display from IKEA. A lot of people here use them.:buttrock: