PDA

View Full Version : Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Phil the sixth
03-04-2019, 10:04 AM
With regards to infinity studio, i am definitely buying the prime1 p2 because prime1 has never let me down in term of quality, every statue i got from them looked like the original photos, with rare exceptions of a few very minor paint app issue, they are perfect. So i have 100% confidence preordering prime 1, also like the prime 1 p2 pose better - always loved that p2 pose with minimum base footprint.

Infinity studio on the other hand, i am not saying it is bad but

1) It is a completely unknown chinese company, with unproven track record (their latest Jin Lin Young preorder photos do look impressive, but noone seen any actual in hand photos yet).

2) The pred isn't even painted yet, and as we all know from sideshow, it's a whole different ballgame on what you actually receive vs what the preorder photos look like.

3) I am on all the chinese WeChat statue groups, bunch ballers in there dropping 5 figures usd every month buying up everything. But I have yet to see anything about infinity studio, it isn't even that well known in china. Not to mention any issues with damage will be a nightmare to resolve.

Only way i will consider infinity studio predator is if ss start selling it or after release all inhand reviews are universally good, otherwise just way too much risk.

Trying to score a Jin Lin Young though from infinity, because there is nothing like it, but only option right now is from flippers or eBay from china.

Gagaliya,I don't think there will be any problems with infinity studio's predator pieces paint-wise...looking at my croc I can honestly say they are releasing very high quality products...it is Prime 1 quality to say the least...if I compare these organic paintjobs such as this croc with dinosaur releases from CC f.e. then it's night and day difference in paintapplication.The attention to detail is amazing .Take a look at my crocodylus niloticus in post #88.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=164019&page=9

DeadGhostKnight
03-04-2019, 12:02 PM
Yeah I have no doubt infinity studios will be of the highest quality based on the 2 pieces I've had. Their details and paints are pretty sublime.

jinkazama
03-04-2019, 12:42 PM
Anyone know when this is going up on sideshow's website?

Python
03-04-2019, 01:06 PM
Anyone know when this is going up on sideshow's website?

No, but it generally doesn't take too long. Should pop up any day now.

jinkazama
03-06-2019, 12:59 PM
Would've been nice to have had the City Hunter Predator holding King Willie's severed head as the EX[maybe we can get P1 to do it....with voodoo magic mon....F...K'N VOODOO MAGIC MON!!!] :muahaha:

jaguargod
03-06-2019, 03:51 PM
Would've been nice to have had the City Hunter Predator holding King Willie's severed head as the EX[maybe we can get P1 to do it....with voodoo magic mon....F...K'N VOODOO MAGIC MON!!!] :muahaha:

Yeah, considering the higher price and increased shipping costs of ordering direct from Prime 1, they really didn't give customers much incentive to choose the EX over the regular version.

Python
03-06-2019, 04:00 PM
Yeah, considering the higher price and increased shipping costs of ordering direct from Prime 1, they really didn't give customers much incentive to choose the EX over the regular version.

You can also buy the EX version via Sideshow. The EX is very meh on this however I agree. Even Sideshow themselves offered more than just the disk.

jaguargod
03-06-2019, 04:15 PM
You can also buy the EX version via Sideshow. The EX is very meh on this however I agree. Even Sideshow themselves offered more than just the disk.

Thanks for the heads up. The EX doesn't add a lot, and I don't really care about EX versus regular, but it's good to know that if I do want it, I can get it through SS.

SuperDinoHunter
03-06-2019, 11:21 PM

Now that would be an awesome exclusive. If you are listening Prime1!

HeavyMetalSpike
03-06-2019, 11:27 PM
RE: "King Willie head" - lol - cue Randy (NECA) with the "no image rights" loop :laugh:

jinkazama
03-07-2019, 02:58 PM
Are the prices for the reg and ex on P1's website in USD?

Cromulon
03-07-2019, 07:29 PM
Holy badeedle, Sideshow is taking forever to post this one. What is their problem?

Cromulon
03-07-2019, 07:30 PM
No, but it generally doesn't take too long. Should pop up any day now.

Oh it is. It is taking forever for them to put it up.

Python
03-08-2019, 11:06 AM
Oh it is. It is taking forever for them to put it up.

If you can't wait a couple of days to order it, how will you survive a year and a half (Plus likely delays) for it to arrive? ;)

The SHOGUN
03-08-2019, 05:26 PM
Yeah I have no doubt infinity studios will be of the highest quality based on the 2 pieces I've had. Their details and paints are pretty sublime.

did u see the infinity studios statue?

pretty stupid looking.

Biggunz
03-08-2019, 06:03 PM
Yeah what's the deal. Prime 1 and sideshow having some kind of beef?
They really don't want to put it up. You know eventually were this will go and everyone was complaining about shipping before.

Truth is prime1 is good enough to do it too.

dao2
03-08-2019, 06:31 PM
did u see the infinity studios statue?

pretty stupid looking.

I like the look of theirs better, probably won't like the price more though :P

equi-nox76
03-09-2019, 05:46 PM
They could do the Jungle Hunter sitting on a tree now, would look great next to eachother.

Cromulon
03-09-2019, 09:34 PM
If you can't wait a couple of days to order it, how will you survive a year and a half (Plus likely delays) for it to arrive? ;)

I know haha, these are going to be a brutal two years

Ezhil
03-10-2019, 02:32 AM
I need a standing jungle hunter.plzz prime 1 no wall art

67L88Stingray
03-10-2019, 03:39 AM

Or do both...

Ezhil
03-10-2019, 03:51 AM
Yeah everyone wins

Cromulon
03-10-2019, 12:36 PM

I know, the main movie predators are going to be dwarfed by the comic predators. All the movie stuff better not be in low, squatting poses. They should stand out and be bigger looking than the comic ones..

Ezhil
03-10-2019, 02:28 PM
A single jungle hunter nailed to perfection satisfactory to most so that so more buying again and again the same statue

Cromulon
03-11-2019, 08:46 PM
and here i sit with a cold cup of tea, waitin for sideshow still..:vortex:

Biggunz
03-11-2019, 09:56 PM
Yeah I’ve been checking too everyday. Don’t know what’s going on.

I even called sideshow today for something else and they weren’t even taking calls.

Cromulon
03-11-2019, 11:34 PM
I even decided to put down for the IS berserker predator cause of how long it is taking them to put this one up...:drinking:

oddlysober
03-12-2019, 01:00 AM
I even decided to put down for the IS berserker predator cause of how long it is taking them to put this one up...:drinking:

The IS Berserker piece does look awesome, I'm rather tempted to do the same as well.

Python
03-12-2019, 08:48 AM
Sideshow certainly are taking their time with this one...

67L88Stingray
03-12-2019, 09:23 AM
Yeah I’ve been checking too everyday. Don’t know what’s going on.

I even called sideshow today for something else and they weren’t even taking calls.

What's the rush?

Cromulon
03-12-2019, 10:15 AM
What's the rush?

It's more of, "what's the delay"

67L88Stingray
03-12-2019, 10:36 AM
It's more of, "what's the delay"
Considering we will probably never know, not really caring at this point. No reason to order early anyway.

Python
03-12-2019, 11:06 AM
Certainly no rush if it goes up with a TBD ES number. But regarding said delay, I just noticed this was posted by one of the moderators of the Prime 1 official group. I think Somebody has left the phone off of the hook at Sideshow recently, although their Live chat is apparently working again as of today, so that's a start.

"Hello guys, I think many of you are aware of the fact that Sideshow hasn't published any of Prime1studio's recent pre-orders on their site over the last three weeks. We do not know why this is, and we're not at all privy to Sideshow's pre-order schedule sadly. So for people who are probably eager to hop on the the PO train for Bane, 1/3 Guts, City Hunter or General Zod etc. we don't have anything to offer you in terms of solace regarding the situation, again, sadly. What we can say is that Prime1studio has provided all pre-order information to Sideshow, P1 has done their part in the solicitation of the products to Sideshow as per usual.

Again, P1 does not have any information, If you want further info you'll have to contact Sideshow directly."

jaguargod
03-12-2019, 03:53 PM
Maybe they are embarrassed to put it up and highlight how much better Prime's first attempt is than most of their two decades of Predators.

dao2
03-12-2019, 04:22 PM
Or maybe they are just behind on a lot of stuff cause of their site ----up and are prioritizing their own ---- and just waiting to throw up a bunch of p1 stuff at once to save on wasting man hours.

Cromulon
03-12-2019, 04:43 PM
Maybe they are embarrassed to put it up and highlight how much better Prime's first attempt is than most of their two decades of Predators.

I was thinking the exact same thing earlier lol
I just like having the peace of mind knowing I got my pre-order in. There has been times when I thought I would just wait. Then I go to the page and it is wait listed or sold out.
And when it comes to Alien/Predator stuff, I get more anxious. Waiting is the better option anyway, since I blew this two weeks budget on the Berserker.

dao2
03-12-2019, 05:51 PM
pretty sure SS knows their stuff, especially their alien and predator ---- is overpriced garbage

everyone already bought it they don't care and are laughing otw to the bank :P

Biggunz
03-12-2019, 06:27 PM
sideshow is so full of crap.

Biggunz
03-12-2019, 06:30 PM
this actually bugs the heck out of me

Biggunz
03-12-2019, 06:31 PM
sideshow is trying to show prime 1 they got power.
later on they'll chalk it up to we were getting everything worked out with are website, blah blah blah or some bs like that

Cromulon
03-12-2019, 07:05 PM
They have been really slow lately it seems. They have no problem putting up their own stuff.? Sideshow usually puts Prime 1 stuff up around the 3-4 day mark after P1 does. I wonder if SS is quickly making a new P2 cause they saw this. This seems like a sham batman!

gagaliya
03-12-2019, 09:01 PM

haha...seriously, after the winston p1 it was all downhill....well more like a cliff. I remember how excited when they announced new 1/6 and 1/5 preds and what a sht show that turned out to be. Then finally after all those years came the new 1/4..but i was smart enough at that point to not drink the koolaid, it's disgusting they refuse to fix such obvious flaws after so many customers pointed out to them before preorder. Prime1 really puts the sideshow crap to shame. I look at some of prime1 stuff and it just stops you dead in the track from buying anything similar from sideshow. What's the point...no really, rather buy 1 prime1 statue than 2 ss ones for the same price. I just wish they made some marvel comic statues, i guess prime1 doesn't have the license for even 1/3 scale for marvel?

Or maybe they are just behind on a lot of stuff cause of their site ----up and are prioritizing their own ---- and just waiting to throw up a bunch of p1 stuff at once to save on wasting man hours.

that makes sense...except they just added bunch weird plastic toy - i dont even know what those crap are called. Soon sideshow will sell plastic watches and mickey mouse backpacks too....oh wait

Cromulon
03-12-2019, 09:07 PM
Soon sideshow will sell plastic watches and mickey mouse backpacks too....oh wait

tru dat, SS will soon just be another mass toy retailer like bbts and others

67L88Stingray
03-12-2019, 09:21 PM
sideshow is trying to show prime 1 they got power.
later on they'll chalk it up to we were getting everything worked out with are website, blah blah blah or some bs like that

Wow, so much fabricated drama over a couple day late preorder on a product you probably won't see for 2 years...

Cromulon
03-12-2019, 09:32 PM
Wow, so much fabricated drama over a couple day late preorder on a product you probably won't see for 2 years...

you must work for sideshow

chavez553
03-12-2019, 09:48 PM
They’re partners.

Probably trying to work out a better way to get more money out of us.

Like the sudden hike in shipping charges sideshow has brought upon its customers and Prime1 shortening the payment window on all their products the way Sidshiw does.

It’s in their best interest to work together.

dao2
03-12-2019, 10:05 PM

no you just nuts :P

67L88Stingray
03-13-2019, 01:08 AM

Calm down Veruca

Xenoburger
03-13-2019, 01:49 AM
Wasn't this just shown completed a week or two ago? What the hell kind of a rush are you all in? You'll be waiting a year or two for it anyway...

Adam_Warlock
03-13-2019, 10:33 AM

No he works for Chronicle.

Python
03-13-2019, 10:48 AM
Sideshow usually puts Prime 1 stuff up around the 3-4 day mark after P1 does. I wonder if SS is quickly making a new P2 cause they saw this. This seems like a sham batman!

It doesn't work like that.... And anyway, the delay has been on all Prime 1 releases, not just this City Hunter. Relax, I'm sure it will be up soon enough.

generalzodlives
03-13-2019, 11:38 AM
Yeah, Sideshow hasn't added Bane, Zod, the 1/2 Terminator head, or City Hunter yet. I'm sure they'll pop up at some point, but Sideshow is really inconsistent time-wise with getting Prime products up for preorder. Some are up in a few days while others take weeks.

Kevorkian
03-13-2019, 11:50 AM
Yeah, Sideshow hasn't added Bane, Zod, the 1/2 Terminator head, or City Hunter yet. I'm sure they'll pop up at some point, but Sideshow is really inconsistent time-wise with getting Prime products up for preorder. Some are up in a few days while others take weeks.

i was thinking it was a tactic by Prime1 to move preorders on the new website instead to make people preorder on sideshow.

If they go up on sideshow with little delay most people will po there, even if there is little allocation people will just jump on waitlist... but like this probably they can catch more po on their own website earning more.

generalzodlives
03-13-2019, 12:29 PM
i was thinking it was a tactic by Prime1 to move preorders on the new website instead to make people preorder on sideshow.

If they go up on sideshow with little delay most people will po there even if there is little allocation people will just jump on waitlist... but like this probably they can catch more po on their own website earning more.

I wouldn't be surprised if Prime was delaying the preorders at first so they can get more direct orders. With shipping costs being so high from Sideshow now, it wouldn't be much difference in price to get them from Prime anyway. I just wish I knew for sure if something wasn't going to go up on Sideshow's site so I could get the order in from Prime before a statue sold out.

Indridcold99
03-13-2019, 07:15 PM
I was sold on the Big Game Version yet this one has grown on me. I love the dynamic pose ! It’s amazint and glad it’s 1/4

Cromulon
03-13-2019, 07:37 PM
It doesn't work like that.... And anyway, the delay has been on all Prime 1 releases, not just this City Hunter. Relax, I'm sure it will be up soon enough.

yeah that was called sarcasm, sorry. does anyone have experience ordering from P1 directly?

Biggunz
03-13-2019, 09:56 PM
Don’t worry guys. We got Crabthulu.
Why even preorder This lol.
If prime 1 is saying they Sent all the preorder info to sideshow to do their usual business practices why not post them.

It Can really only come down to 1 or 2 reasons and isn’t complicated to figure out.

NewbCollection
03-13-2019, 11:06 PM
yeah that was called sarcasm, sorry. does anyone have experience ordering from P1 directly?

I've ordered 2 pieces from prime 1 because sideshow was waitlisted or sold out. Both 1/3 statues and they are super quick with shipping. Takes 2-3 days to process and 2-3 days in shipping. You may pay 30-50 bucks more for shipping but they always send a little gift inside the box. China to FL in 3 days is :D

Synzaic
03-14-2019, 12:18 AM
Gift?

Kevorkian
03-14-2019, 01:56 AM
I've ordered 2 pieces from prime 1 because sideshow was waitlisted or sold out. Both 1/3 statues and they are super quick with shipping. Takes 2-3 days to process and 2-3 days in shipping. You may pay 30-50 bucks more for shipping but they always send a little gift inside the box. China to FL in 3 days is :Di dont know what are you talking about

generalzodlives
03-14-2019, 08:19 AM
I ordered two statues directly from Prime 1 and got a 1/3 Batarang with each one.

Cromulon
03-14-2019, 09:40 AM
good to hear, thanks fellas. Idk what Sideshow is doing so I got bored and put down for the P1 Fugitive. Just put up the PO for City Hunter so I can get out of town and not come back until it's in hand

Kevorkian
03-14-2019, 09:43 AM
I ordered two statues directly from Prime 1 and got a 1/3 Batarang with each one.
was the specific promotion of some time ago or completely out of it?

rotaderp
03-16-2019, 05:05 PM
Now that Prime 1 Studio has released their Predator II sculpt, do you think their Jungle Hunter sculpture will look similar to this? :thinking:

https://www.picbear.org/media/Bo84MscA0kH

Thanks!

Ezhil
03-16-2019, 06:15 PM
If pred 1 is wall art money saved for me

csutkakoma
03-16-2019, 06:53 PM
Now that Prime 1 Studio has released their Predator II sculpt, do you think their Jungle Hunter sculpture will look similar to this? :thinking:

Thanks!

Man that would be sick!

Cromulon
03-16-2019, 10:36 PM
that would be a very cool pose for jungle hunter. shows his 'style'/personality

Python
03-17-2019, 06:29 AM
That's a nice (different) pose for a kit, or smaller statue even. But I'd much rather Prime 1 went with something a little more simple, standing tall. I'd rather the focus be on nailing the details more so than their P2, and maybe providing an attractive watery jungle base (just not too large) A similar setup to Sideshows recent P1 maquette, but executed to a much higher standard...

Gianco
03-17-2019, 09:35 AM
That's a nice (different) pose for a kit, or smaller statue even. But I'd much rather Prime 1 went with something a little more simple, standing tall. I'd rather the focus be on nailing the details more so than their P2, and maybe providing an attractive watery jungle base (just not too large) A similar setup to Sideshows recent P1 maquette, but executed to a much higher standard...

Agreed

Cromulon
03-17-2019, 11:52 AM
Agreed

switch out arms with him messing with his wrist computer or cleaning a skull would be cool, it would need 3 heads too, one clean mask, damaged mask and unmasked screaming for arnold

DeadGhostKnight
03-17-2019, 12:32 PM

Thanks!

That's exactly what i want.

Cromulon
03-18-2019, 10:48 AM
So some people asked Sideshow about the delay in listings and it looks like they will have the PO up but they never said when...

67L88Stingray
03-18-2019, 11:09 AM
they never said when...

Shocker...

Cromulon
03-19-2019, 10:41 AM
Yup, it is a shocker buddy.

Biggunz
03-20-2019, 01:31 PM
SIDESHOW= HATERS

gagaliya
03-21-2019, 03:55 PM
Wadap up with sideshow, they have no problems adding new PCS preorders. But 3 weeks old prime1 preorders is still a no?

Something happening?

dafadcariad
03-22-2019, 03:09 AM
Wadap up with sideshow, they have no problems adding new PCS preorders. But 3 weeks old prime1 preorders is still a no?

Something happening?

My two cents is that SS are renegotiating to get a bigger percentage of the pie from P1. That will unfortunately then subsequently most likely cause P1 to rise prices to offset what SS is taking for distribution. Just another irritating practice by SS to ensure that they can still get away with selling $1400 under-sized "maquettes".

equi-nox76
03-22-2019, 05:39 AM
I would buy from Prime 1 directly then.
I don't want to support SSC anymore, hope that P1 gets a Marvel Licence soon.
Chris

Cromulon
03-22-2019, 10:11 AM
I would buy from Prime 1 directly then.
I don't want to support SSC anymore, hope that P1 gets a Marvel Licence soon.
Chris

I feel ya, it's funny how everyone is complaining even more now that we hit the 3 week mark. I ordered from P1 and I will be doing so for all orders as I only have P1 stuff anyways. I asked SS what happened. Here is the response --> "We appreciate your interest in the Predator from Prime 1 Studio.

Sideshow has received Prime 1’s product solicitations, but we do not post new items for pre-order until all information for a product is complete and finalized.

If you are not seeing a Prime 1 item available for pre-order on the Sideshow website this is more than likely because we are in the process of clarifying the product information with Prime 1 Studio prior to making the item available for sale.

Rest assured, staff is working diligently to get new items posted. We hope to have the newer offerings up on the site soon.

As you may be aware, Prime 1 has a significant pre-order catalogue and there are approximately one hundred items slated for release prior to the most recent announcements that are currently available for order on the site right now.

Stay tuned to the website and the Sideshow newsletter for the most up to date news and information on all upcoming product."

So this wasn't helpful at all. Just sounds like some BS to me.

Kevorkian
03-22-2019, 10:15 AM
I feel ya, it's funny how everyone is complaining even more now that we hit the 3 week mark. I ordered from P1 and I will be doing so for all orders as I only have P1 stuff anyways. I asked SS what happened. Here is the response --> "We appreciate your interest in the Predator from Prime 1 Studio.

Sideshow has received Prime 1’s product solicitations, but we do not post new items for pre-order until all information for a product is complete and finalized.

If you are not seeing a Prime 1 item available for pre-order on the Sideshow website this is more than likely because we are in the process of clarifying the product information with Prime 1 Studio prior to making the item available for sale.

Rest assured, staff is working diligently to get new items posted. We hope to have the newer offerings up on the site soon.

As you may be aware, Prime 1 has a significant pre-order catalogue and there are approximately one hundred items slated for release prior to the most recent announcements that are currently available for order on the site right now.

Stay tuned to the website and the Sideshow newsletter for the most up to date news and information on all upcoming product."

it's clear that they want more cash, they probably tried to markup on shipment but people get annoyed very fast so they want a bigger slice of the price of the statues.

Cromulon
03-22-2019, 10:28 AM
it's clear that they want more cash, they probably tried to markup on shipment but people get annoyed very fast so they want a bigger slice of the price of the statues.

take this sideshow :radior:

gagaliya
03-22-2019, 12:10 PM

Yeah definitely bs, prime1 already stated publically they provided ss with all the info for this statue weeks ago and don’t know why ss is not putting them up.

What are they verifying exactly? how to create a proper predator that isn’t a joke at a cheaper price?

oddlysober
03-22-2019, 03:26 PM
Okay, pre-order directly from Prime 1 it is...

Cromulon
03-22-2019, 06:01 PM
Okay, pre-order directly from Prime 1 it is...

I thought the same, until I noticed the $235 shipping....

Cromulon
03-28-2019, 10:10 AM
Assuming this thread went quiet, did everyone just decide to order through P1?

generalzodlives
03-28-2019, 10:47 AM
I'm still waiting for Sideshow to put it up on their site.

Python
03-28-2019, 11:39 AM
I'm still waiting for Sideshow to put it up on their site.

Snap, I have $200 odd in reward points that I'll use against this if Sideshow do list it.

equi-nox76
03-28-2019, 12:39 PM
Can someone help me out? Is this the same one as this?

https://i.imgur.com/dqxOMeP.jpg

Chris

Xenoburger
03-28-2019, 12:59 PM
Can someone help me out? Is this the same one as this?

ChrisNo sir. That's the Big Game predator statue they're making based on this comic cover:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/avp/images/1/1c/Predator_Big_Game_issue_1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150413092833

Cromulon
04-01-2019, 10:13 AM
And here I weep again. Oh waiting for thy slow Sideshow..

Comicbookguy
04-01-2019, 03:10 PM
This looks so good! The coh is the icing!

Cromulon
04-04-2019, 10:07 PM
Sideshow updated the city hunter thumbnail picture on the website. It looks like it is going to be listed soon.

Gianco
04-04-2019, 10:52 PM
https://www.sideshow.com/whats-new/prime-1-studio-city-hunter-predator-statue

Shoo
04-05-2019, 03:52 AM
https://www.sideshow.com/whats-new/prime-1-studio-city-hunter-predator-statue

That's not the City Hunter Pred, though, but the Big Game (http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=164796) one. Either Sideshow misnamed it or put the wrong pic up.

Cromulon
04-05-2019, 09:55 AM
its this one, at least they are working on it

Biggunz
04-05-2019, 12:12 PM
True. Seen that too

Gianco
04-05-2019, 12:34 PM
That's not the City Hunter Pred, though, but the Big Game (http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=164796) one. Either Sideshow misnamed it or put the wrong pic up.

The small thumbnail has the right image, when you click on it they show the Big Game.

Gianco
04-05-2019, 12:35 PM
its this one, at least they are working on it

Correct, that’s the thumbnail with the right image.

Cromulon
04-12-2019, 10:37 PM
Sideshow still not putting out? :confused:

Python
04-13-2019, 09:23 AM
Sideshow still not putting out? :confused:

I'm beginning to think they never will at this point.

Biggunz
04-13-2019, 09:26 AM
At this point they have taken so long because their Butt hurt
I hope they don’t put anything at all
Screw GREEDSHOW

Python
04-13-2019, 11:50 AM
At this point they have taken so long because their Butt hurt
I hope they don’t put anything at all
Screw GREEDSHOW

On the flip side, a lot of us would be better off financially buying this via SSC.

Cromulon
04-13-2019, 12:12 PM
This is getting ridiculous. Especially the lack of communication. Sideshow can at least put out a statement saying why/when. I don't wanna order from P1 and then the next day SS puts it up. As of now, I don't think we will see it. Sideshow is being lazy and very unprofessional. They have more employees than my own company and they can't keep up with listings? It's a joke. It's amateur.

Biggunz
04-13-2019, 03:23 PM
But I thought prime 1 is getting us wherehouse. So from a financial perspective should be the same thing right?

Zombiez
04-13-2019, 04:14 PM
But I thought prime 1 is getting us wherehouse. So from a financial perspective should be the same thing right?

We don't know when that warehouse will be ready

67L88Stingray
04-13-2019, 04:18 PM
I don't mind SS getting a slice if it means I gets rewards and easier customer service.

I also don't know why some need constant "updates" from SS. Until it's resolved nothing matters and details can change.

Cromulon
04-13-2019, 07:48 PM
I also don't know why some need constant "updates" from SS.

Because that is standard practice. Some of us like to have updates on the products we expect to buy and not be kept in the dark. Asking for product updates shouldn't be a daunting task to fulfill.

Cromulon
04-16-2019, 10:12 AM
I think Sideshow is hurting financially, really bad. They are now listing the average toy. They have Bandai SH Monsterarts Godzilla now for "pre-order".

mva5580
04-16-2019, 11:35 AM
Who is asking for "constant" updates? It's been multiple months and pretty much nothing has been said.

Biggunz
04-16-2019, 11:36 AM
Has any of their stuff even sold or besides Thanos?

They still have dead pool heat seeker and Wolverine vs hulk still sitting

Cromulon
04-16-2019, 09:05 PM
Who is asking for "constant" updates? It's been multiple months and pretty much nothing has been said.

yeah, it's like they have the mentality of those Chinese companies that make 1/6 figures and tell you the product is going to arrive 2018, then take a 8 year hiatus and it really arrives in 2026

67L88Stingray
04-16-2019, 10:39 PM
Because that is standard practice. Some of us like to have updates on the products we expect to buy and not be kept in the dark. Asking for product updates shouldn't be a daunting task to fulfill.

No, it isn't. Nothing is decided so there is nothing to say. You want them to email you every day that they are "working on it", would that make you feel better?:doh!:

Cromulon
04-16-2019, 11:08 PM
No, it isn't. Nothing is decided so there is nothing to say. You want them to email you every day that they are "working on it", would that make you feel better?:doh!:

Is this the guy that works for SS again?
Yes it is standard company practice. P1 has weekly updates. XM has monthly updates. SS has become garbage. Get over it buddy. Why are you on this thread if you are not obviously coming here for updates lol. It's just my opinion on how they operate. If you like never being notified about anything then good for you.

67L88Stingray
04-17-2019, 03:23 AM
Is this the guy that works for SS again?
Yes it is standard company practice. P1 has weekly updates. XM has monthly updates. SS has become garbage. Get over it buddy. Why are you on this thread if you are not obviously coming here for updates lol. It's just my opinion on how they operate. If you like never being notified about anything then good for you.

You don't get it, those are not the same kind of "updates". I come here to talk about the predator statue and keep finding people like you whining about a problem you have no control over. We don't need this BSing in every P1 thread. Just wait for the announcement like everyone else.

Cromulon
04-17-2019, 09:37 AM
You don't get it, those are not the same kind of "updates". I come here to talk about the predator statue and keep finding people like you whining about a problem you have no control over. We don't need this BSing in every P1 thread. Just wait for the announcement like everyone else.

I do get it. You said you came here for news on the statue yet you haven't added anything to this forum other than complaining about other people. You are just an angry moron that likes to complain and then sign off really quickly. I keep having to deal with people like you complaining instead of wondering where this statue is, like what this thread is made for.... Moron. I do have control over it, it's called ordering from P1. There would be no point to these forums if we are not allowed to discuss the product before and after. Stop trying to control everything, everyone says. I'm providing people on here with information who are wondering the same thing as me. You are just here to start arguments with people. If you are old enough, go smoke a stogie and relax man.

HeavyMetalSpike
04-17-2019, 08:28 PM
I love the ignore feature on this site :laugh:

DeadGhostKnight
04-18-2019, 04:04 AM
Has any of their stuff even sold or besides Thanos?

They still have dead pool heat seeker and Wolverine vs hulk still sitting

Just quoting this to preserve stupidity.

67L88Stingray
04-18-2019, 05:51 AM
I do get it. You said you came here for news on the statue yet you haven't added anything to this forum other than complaining about other people. You are just an angry moron that likes to complain and then sign off really quickly. I keep having to deal with people like you complaining instead of wondering where this statue is, like what this thread is made for.... Moron. I do have control over it, it's called ordering from P1. There would be no point to these forums if we are not allowed to discuss the product before and after. Stop trying to control everything, everyone says. I'm providing people on here with information who are wondering the same thing as me. You are just here to start arguments with people. If you are old enough, go smoke a stogie and relax man.
:hilarious:The only thing you are "providing" is a waste of board space, crying every day "where is my pred" "I hate those meanies at SS". You have no "answers", just adding speculative BS that means nothing. You need the joint my friend...I was the one urging patience.

gagaliya
04-18-2019, 03:37 PM
why are you guys all fighting, avengers is opening in exactly 7 days. It’s a time for celebration!

67L88Stingray
04-18-2019, 09:16 PM
why are you guys all fighting, avengers is opening in exactly 7 days. It’s a time for celebration!

Not for a DC fan :laugh:

Biggunz
04-19-2019, 09:29 PM
$117 for shipping and custom fees. seems pretty reasonable.

was it the same before though? i didn't check until the economy shipping came up

Biggunz
04-19-2019, 09:40 PM
Just quoting this to preserve stupidity.

What? you got those statues in your collection....
sorry to hurt your feelings :D

but sitting statues are sitting statues..just facts BUD:penguin:

locusta
04-22-2019, 12:46 PM
Up for PreOrder at P1 Studios homepage:

https://www.prime1studio.com/pr2-city-hunter-predator-wapr-01ex.html?fbclid=IwAR3tj_2ydPwd-uhUfr27ZiJJ_of-A1T8VeXeAaSTeEmpWZHpKsI2Rld0KKg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppckNUgW37w

leplant
04-22-2019, 12:49 PM
So is this officially not going to be available through Sideshow? Argument, separation, divorce, which is it?

Python
04-22-2019, 02:26 PM
Up for PreOrder at P1 Studios homepage:

https://www.prime1studio.com/pr2-city-hunter-predator-wapr-01ex.html?fbclid=IwAR3tj_2ydPwd-uhUfr27ZiJJ_of-A1T8VeXeAaSTeEmpWZHpKsI2Rld0KKg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppckNUgW37w

It's been up for sale for two months via P1. Still here waiting on Sideshow.... :rolleyes:

mva5580
04-22-2019, 02:33 PM
I think at this point it would be a surprise if any new P1 products show up on Sideshow. Think those days are over.

Finder40
04-22-2019, 03:05 PM
So is this officially not going to be available through Sideshow? Argument, separation, divorce, which is it?

I'll go with argument followed by divorce!

Python
04-22-2019, 03:07 PM
I think at this point it would be a surprise if any new P1 products show up on Sideshow. Think those days are over.

It seems that way. I'd love to buy this via Sideshow as it would save me a lot of money. But I'll be surprised if they do list it now.

leplant
04-22-2019, 03:28 PM
It seems that way. I'd love to buy this via Sideshow as it would save me a lot of money. But I'll be surprised if they do list it now.

Ive been holding off, in the hopes Sidedhow lists it. But, im starting to worry it might sell out while I'm waiting. It would be nice if either company, or both made an official announcement.

mva5580
04-22-2019, 03:37 PM
I think P1's huge "We now ship to the US!" banner on their front page is their "announcement" lol. And I know, that does nothing for EU people.

But yes I get it, it would be nice if 1 or both of them would say something more official. The entire thing has really been a glimpse into how ill-equipped both companies are to handle how big they've become.

Python
04-22-2019, 03:47 PM
Ive been holding off, in the hopes Sidedhow lists it. But, im starting to worry it might sell out while I'm waiting. It would be nice if either company, or both made an official announcement.

The ES is still TBD so I wouldn't worry too much about that for now. I think there's a lot of people waiting to see if there is still a small chance that Sideshow might list it.

FastballSpecial
04-30-2019, 01:19 PM
I wonder if Jungle Hunter will have a Tree top wall mount option to mirror this one. I prefer the table top displays for both but it would be a cool option.

jinkazama
05-22-2019, 09:53 AM
Has anyone tried to order the P1 Predator 2 City Hunter from their official website?[as sideshow doesn't appear to be getting it.]

Finder40
05-22-2019, 11:02 AM
Has anyone tried to order the P1 Predator 2 City Hunter from their official website?[as sideshow doesn't appear to be getting it.]

I have indeed as SS don't seem to be selling it so given up and ordered on P1

jinkazama
05-22-2019, 11:05 AM
I have indeed as SS don't seem to be selling it so given up and ordered on P1
Did the P1 website say anything about restrictions to where they can ship the City Hunter Predator, due to licensing issues?

Adam_Warlock
05-22-2019, 04:09 PM
Register an account now with Prime 1 and get 5000 points ($50 Off) Applies to P2 statue. Sideshow can suck it.

Finder40
05-22-2019, 04:13 PM
Did the P1 website say anything about restrictions to where they can ship the City Hunter Predator, due to licensing issues?

I didn't see anything to be honest although I wasn't really looking. I just got the shipping cost added on and all looked ok so I'm presuming there won't be any problems. I'm in the UK so can't vouch for anywhere else

Python
05-23-2019, 09:51 AM
Is there a quote for UK shipping on this yet? I was really hoping Sideshow might have sorted their act out and listed this, but that seems unlikely at this point.....

Finder40
05-23-2019, 12:53 PM
Is there a quote for UK shipping on this yet? I was really hoping Sideshow might have sorted their act out and listed this, but that seems unlikely at this point.....

It's $198 to the UK

Matson1984
05-23-2019, 01:22 PM
I believe collectables direct UK Are still able to get these for £1000. At least that was the price I pre ordered it at. It says stock on request so I presume they can get one if you ordered.

Indridcold99
05-23-2019, 08:10 PM
Grail ?

Python
05-24-2019, 08:39 AM
It's $198 to the UK

Thank you, If Sideshow havn't got this up by the time the ES is listed, I'll probably just order the EX version direct.

#Brian
05-24-2019, 04:57 PM
I dont think this is coming to SS

jinkazama
05-25-2019, 02:58 AM
I dont think this is coming to SS
:(

tonytiger
05-27-2019, 10:17 AM
Well in my mind its over..So P.O from prime one and now they offer 5% back in points like sideshow and offer a cheaper shipping too..Also better payment plan.My take..:drinking:

generalzodlives
05-27-2019, 10:48 AM
I've started ordering directly from Prime as well. It's been months with no word from either company that Sideshow will get Prime 1 preorders again anytime soon.

Python
05-27-2019, 11:45 AM
I'm only waiting because I've got a good chunk of reward points to use via Sideshow. I'm honestly not sure if I'll ever use them if not on something like this. I don't expect this to be listed, but in an age of high prices and TBD ES numbers, it doesn't hurt to wait anyway.

generalzodlives
05-28-2019, 08:06 AM
Definitely no reason to rush--especially when the ES hasn't been announced.

HeavyMetalSpike
09-04-2019, 01:01 PM

Accurate pic posted on the FREAKS board by "Brian" . . .

I'd guess the Jungle Hunter is slightly larger that 1:4 scale, and the City Hunter is 1:4.

Sucks they are not the same scale but it's not TOO bad.

https://i.postimg.cc/GhrxKwy9/image.png

Cromulon
09-23-2019, 01:40 PM
I would have preferred king willie head and severed arm as switch outs

Ezhil
09-23-2019, 11:38 PM
Plz don't jump in this if u need a definitive standing Pred 2 .tHe Pred 2 released is advertised as 3d wall art in the catalogue book

Python
09-24-2019, 10:01 AM
Plz don't jump in this if u need a definitive standing Pred 2 .tHe Pred 2 released is advertised as 3d wall art in the catalogue book

It can still be table mounted like any other statue. The wall mount aspect is just an option.

https://i.imgur.com/SB9w3Ja.jpg

Cromulon
09-24-2019, 10:51 AM
A little off topic but Iron Studios should pick up Predator license and do 1/10 dioramas.

jinkazama
11-25-2019, 08:15 AM
Anybody know what the size of both the City Hunter aswell as the base is? [height, width, depth in inches if possible].Cheers! :thumbs2:

Adam_Warlock
11-29-2019, 03:07 PM
A little off topic but Iron Studios should pick up Predator license and do 1/10 dioramas.

oh ya? should they?

Cromulon
11-30-2019, 02:11 PM
oh ya? should they?

Oh you know it.

Halcyon
11-30-2019, 03:34 PM
Anybody know what the size of both the City Hunter aswell as the base is? [height, width, depth in inches if possible].Cheers! :thumbs2:

It is directly (right side) on their website, but here you go, P2 Wall Art;

H:60cm W:32.6cm D:32.9cm (with Smart Disc)
That means bottom of base to top of his head.
In inches it is;
H:23.5" W:close to 13" D:13" (with Smart Disc)

H:78.9cm W:37.7cm D:32.9cm (with Combistick / at top)
H:31" W:14_2/3" D:13" (with Combistick / at top)

Weight is 12,6kg = 27.8 pound(lb)
Weight of BG Cover Art P1 is at lot higher, acc. website 27.4kg = 60.4 pound(lb) !
So eagle stand is prob. made hollow (reduced weight on wall hooks).

I also checked the lenght of the P2 wall pred body, it is 58cm (23").
BG Cover art P1 has a total body lenght of 64cm (25").
Acc. wiki preds are 7 max 8 feet (213,5cm max 244cm)
This P2 is good 1/4 scale (58 x4 = 232cm) (7.6 feet)

jinkazama
12-01-2019, 03:59 AM
It is directly (right side) on their website, but here you go;

H:60cm W:32.6cm D:32.9cm (with Smart Disc)
That means bottom of base to top of his head.
In inches it is;
H:23.5" W:close to 13" D:13" (with Smart Disc)

H:78.9cm W:37.7cm D:32.9cm (with Combistick / at top)
H:31" W:14_2/3" D:13" (with Combistick / at top)

Weight is 12,6kg = 27.8 pound(lb) = 1.98 stone

I also checked the size of the pred itself, it is close to 60cm (23.5") in length.
Which is fully in scale with the Jungle Hunter ('Comic art' version) with a body lenght of 61cm = 24"
Weight of Jungle hunter is at lot higher acc. website 27.4kg = 60.4 pound(lb) !
Thanks! [but I think you may be wrong about the size of the City Hunter Predator itself, as someone posted a size comparison picture of the City Hunter and Jungle Hunter side by side [in the PRIME 1 STUDIOS JUNGLE HUNTER thread, page 49] and the City Hunter is significantly smaller than the Jungle Hunter....:thumbs2:]

dao2
12-01-2019, 04:14 AM
Thanks! [but I think you may be wrong about the size of the City Hunter Predator itself, as someone posted a size comparison picture of the City Hunter and Jungle Hunter side by side [in the PRIME 1 STUDIOS JUNGLE HUNTER thread, page 49] and the City Hunter is significantly smaller than the Jungle Hunter....:thumbs2:]

It actually doesn't look that much smaller ;p Certainly a bit smaller but doesn't look a full scale or even half a scale smaller imo.

Python
12-01-2019, 04:51 AM
I also checked the size of the pred itself, it is close to 60cm (23.5") in length.
Which is fully in scale with the Jungle Hunter ('Comic art' version) with a body lenght of 61cm = 24"
Weight of Jungle hunter is at lot higher acc. website 27.4kg = 60.4 pound(lb) !

That height also includes the base and the bottom part which is used to allow this to stand freely. It does seem that his is somewhat smaller in scale than their Jungle hunter. It's a shame they don't seem to want to show them side by side as it would really help us all in making a decision to buy both or not.

dao2
12-01-2019, 05:41 AM
Fairly certain it's a little smaller in scale ;p Still for me I don't need any help, the city hunter is priced very reasonably as well.

Halcyon
12-01-2019, 08:37 AM
Thanks! [but I think you may be wrong about the size of the City Hunter Predator itself]]

That height also includes the base and the bottom part which is used to allow this to stand freely.

Yes i,ve seen the pic and arguments.
Python, this P2 wall statue is 60cm (without spear), but the pred body is 58cm.
I used the picture where you see it from the side and put a ruler (line) over the upper body to hip and the upper leg and the lower leg. Count the lenght etc etc. It is close with P1 BG Cover art.
P2 scale is good, P1 is just bulkier and P2 a little slim (limbs and face).
I did a recalc 1 page back.

Personally I really like how prime did the big hands and biceps with large blue vein (P1). Liked it from the start, last two days looked very close at all the pics, going to order the P1 next week. I am not a big fan of the eagle base of this P2, so not convinced to buy this.

Halcyon
12-01-2019, 09:06 AM
Question;
I did not order from Prime1 before. Can we really expect (have confident) that the paintjob of these 1/4 predators are very close to the prototype pictures ?!
Paintjob of P2 looks done by pro's like Dunaway.

https://cdn.prime1studio.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/m/pmdhpr-03dx_b82.jpg

Look at all those beautiful spots on his head, not just paintbrush dots, but 'real' skin pigment spots. Just insane..

tonytiger
12-01-2019, 04:29 PM
Dude the paint for my Dog Alien is the same as the Prototype..See no differences,So you should be good..but crap can happen with any company.:thinking:

Halcyon
12-01-2019, 05:37 PM
Hi Tony, I think you meant the 1/3 Dog Alien (i won't post the pic here). Just did the search, congrats nice statue.

Good to hear your paint and weathering is super close to proto, but paint wise it is quite different style from predator texture with all the div spots. Atm i don't have enough time left to search if Prime already did (in hand) 1/4 predators with a lot of different texture.
i'm ordering it anyway, bcs if you're really floored by it from the start you regret if you skip it.

Python
12-12-2019, 01:10 PM
Decision time now that both are available. I wouldn't be surprised if Prime 1 slap a smaller than expected ES on this now that Infinity have just listed their P2 at a surprisingly competitive cost. One thing is sure, whichever one of these people prefer, we have two great options here and both for a good chunk of money less than Sideshow asked for their very average effort....

https://i.imgur.com/UfuEcCJ.jpg

jinkazama
12-12-2019, 01:34 PM
Prime 1 wins hands down......:thumbs2:

dao2
12-12-2019, 03:48 PM
Decision time now that both are available. I wouldn't be surprised if Prime 1 slap a smaller than expected ES on this now that Infinity have just listed their P2 at a surprisingly competitive cost. One thing is sure, whichever one of these people prefer, we have two great options here and both for a good chunk of money less than Sideshow asked for their very average effort....

*SS' below average effort.

Python
12-13-2019, 12:07 PM
Prime 1 wins hands down......:thumbs2:

I'm not sure about hands down, but I do still prefer it slightly. I really like both however.

jinkazama
12-13-2019, 01:45 PM
I'm not sure about hands down, but I do still prefer it slightly. I really like both however.
P1's is more screen accurate, which is why I like it more.....:thumbs2:

generalzodlives
12-14-2019, 08:23 AM
I'm leaning towards Prime's as well.

Patriot666
12-14-2019, 03:58 PM
P1 wins for me too. Love the wall mounted eagle head base for this one. Looks like it's straight out of the movie. I can't swing this one but I'm considering selling a kidney to get the P1 Jungle Hunter lol.

HeavyMetalSpike
12-14-2019, 08:29 PM

So very true Matt.

Infinity Studios already have my order/money - still undecided about the PRIME1 piece (netting/scale).

Time will tell.

Halcyon
12-15-2019, 12:40 PM
Infinity Studios already have my order/money - still undecided about the PRIME1 piece (netting/scale)

Acc. their pictures, both City and Jungle hunter get netting.
On the 'city pred' it looks more loose than the 'jungle art cover', which looks like to be spot glued over the larger area's on some pics.
Both you can see the shadow from the threads on the body, so its not sculpted.

Used spoiler brackets bcs pic is quite large.

https://cdn.prime1studio.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/w/a/wapr-01_a17.jpg

https://cdn.prime1studio.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/m/pmdhpr-03_b25.jpg

Blade3327
12-15-2019, 04:32 PM
Acc. their pictures, both City and Jungle hunter get netting.
On the 'city pred' it looks more loose than the 'jungle art cover', which looks like to be spot glued over the larger area's on some pics.
Both you can see the shadow from the threads on the body, so its not sculpted.

HeavyMetalSpike's concern isn't that there won't be netting, but that their netting will be plastic like in those photos. Same style as NECA.

We've been hoping for fabric netting.

Halcyon
12-16-2019, 09:18 AM
Ohh I see,
yes should be cord/string on high quality like these preds (smaller scale has it too),
my guess looking at these pics it might be made of prefab plastic bcs of the typical shine and the equal sized junctions..

If it will be plastic..
Then I hope it will be placed tight on the body. When it is more loosely applied, you will notice the difference even more.

Fingers crossed it will be fabric netting, I just placed my order for the P1 Cover Art.

Python
12-16-2019, 03:23 PM
I did a little comparison image of the bios. Both could be better for sure with a few tweaks, the "cheek bone" area on both is weak, and that is what gives the real hero mask much of it's shape. But I think it's clear that the Prime 1 version is much closer to the real thing currently. By the way, I'm not trying to knock them, I love both of these statues. I just love the P2 mask and nobody ever seems to really nail it.

https://i.imgur.com/CZ7long.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/50nEOlx.jpg

Halcyon
12-16-2019, 05:33 PM
Hello Matt,

They used more than one mask, prob not all exactly the same. I think the infinity look good too, especially from the side.

Have you seen this site, it has a lot of study material (pics from movie and SWS and props sold through auction). Nav bar for pred1 and 2 stuff.

https://www.predatorium.com/forums/media/categories/predator-2-general.8/page-5

gagaliya
12-17-2019, 01:11 PM
I really wish prime1 will remove the battle damage from the helmet nose, looks out of place. Why? Just why?

I really don’t get those companies sometimes who insist on adding stupid ugly plastic effects or unnecessary damage to otherwise great statues. Sideshow cable is another example, so is the prime1 goku

Python
12-19-2019, 12:45 PM
Hello Matt,

They used more than one mask, prob not all exactly the same. I think the infinity look good too, especially from the side.

Have you seen this site, it has a lot of study material (pics from movie and SWS and props sold through auction). Nav bar for pred1 and 2 stuff.

https://www.predatorium.com/forums/media/categories/predator-2-general.8/page-5

Sure, although I think there is often confusion regarding what were actually screen used props for P2. It doesn't help that the "hero" mask went walkies at some point after shooting wrapped. They made two distinctive masks, the Hero and the stunt mask. The stunt mask is more easily accessible which is why statues like these often base their sculpts on it. But here's the thing, it was only visible in one scene (the train top) And even then it was hard to make out due to the strobe effect and fast movement. So choosing to base a sculpt on that makes little sense imo. It is definitely recognizable enough, but there are some fairly large differences in terms of shape, size and colour. The Hero mask on the other hand is a work of art, it looks like a beautiful angry duck. It's just a shame that nobody ever gets it right. Infinity are miles off sadly (the only real complaint about an otherwise awesome statue) They should consider re-doing it. Prime 1 got much closer, but some tweaks would no doubt improve their statue even further.

jinkazama
12-19-2019, 02:20 PM
Hey Python, will you be getting the P1 City Hunter?

Python
12-19-2019, 03:05 PM
Hey Python, will you be getting the P1 City Hunter?

I think so yeah. I'm still considering either, but I've liked the Prime 1 version a bit more from the start and that hasn't changed.

jinkazama
12-19-2019, 03:09 PM
I think so yeah. I'm still considering either, but I've liked the Prime 1 version a bit more from the start and that hasn't changed.
Is it fair to say that the prime 1 studios bio mask head sculpt is based on the stunt mask used in the movie?

Halcyon
05-30-2020, 06:16 PM
https://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2019/02/WF2019-Prime-1-Studio-002.jpg

Photo WinterWonderFest2019
Sorry for bump, ES still not known.

Python
06-06-2020, 12:13 PM
Is it fair to say that the prime 1 studios bio mask head sculpt is based on the stunt mask used in the movie?

Sorry, I've only just seen this. I think it's a mixture of both (As most P2 bio replicas are) I suspect they used the stunt mask as a guide and added elements of the hero, with some elements inaccurate to either thrown in. I found it difficult to find images of all three (P1, stunt & hero) That line up perfectly, but I did my best in the image below. If you look at specific areas and compare them, you'll see plenty of variation. The original hero is such a nice looking mask, but it has so much going on that it's always going to be hard to replicate perfectly. To their credit, Prime 1 have done better than anybody before them but it does fall short in a few areas. Mainly the shape around the eye area. This is where you'll see heavy influences of the stunt mask, it's too sharp , not as curvy or defined as it is on the hero and it sucks more in towards the mask at the rear rather than flowing into the dome area. I honestly think if Prime alter this small area, it's make a huge difference for the better. Move on to the snout/nose and you'll see it is very much based on the stunt masks shape. It's missing the initial outwards curve at the top and the damage is entirely made up on the statue with claw scratches and various large pitted areas that don't exist on the real thing.. It's missing the two prominent grooves on the eyebrow above the nose also. The hero has these, the stunt doesn't. There's more going on but we're in danger on nitpicking. Nobody gets the P2 hero mask right.

https://i.imgur.com/JUgVhXR.jpg

Python
06-06-2020, 12:17 PM
Also, I can't believe this still has no ES announced and still no confirmation of whether or not it is in scale with their own Jungle hunter. I'm still wanting to order this, but this is info I need to know first. I'm hoping SSC will actually list this also now that they seem to be somewhat friendly with each other again.

tonytiger
06-06-2020, 02:54 PM
Yea, mine is pay off already and waiting on prime one to shipped already!:tumblew:

DroidAssassin
06-06-2020, 08:05 PM
Also, I can't believe this still has no ES announced and still no confirmation of whether or not it is in sale with their own Jungle hunter. I'm still wanting to order this, but this is info I need to know first. I'm hoping SSC will actually list this also now that they seem to be somewhat friendly with each other again.

I love this statue/scene! I hope SSC distribute it & I'll be onboard straight away.

Python
06-07-2020, 04:29 AM
I love this statue/scene! I hope SSC distribute it & I'll be onboard straight away.

So would I if SSC list it. :thumbs2:

Python
06-08-2020, 10:23 AM
https://i.imgur.com/rQoTAXm.jpg

jinkazama
06-08-2020, 11:59 AM
https://i.imgur.com/rQoTAXm.jpg
Hey Python, when was this pic shown?

Python
06-08-2020, 12:15 PM
Hey Python, when was this pic shown?

Prime 1's Facebook. I messaged them earlier asking (Again) for confirmation of whether it is in scale with their Jungle hunter or not. It was a frustrating conversation tbh, partly due to the language barrier, partly because they don't seem to want to answer any scale questions. They eventually posted that image and said to look at this as well as the measurements online (as if we haven't already) They mentioned licensing restraints which is understandable, but they seem very reluctant to post images of them side by side which leaves me thinking that this will be noticeably smaller than the P1. They did also say that the netting won't look like cheap plastic. But again, I have no idea if this means it has been altered, or they just don't consider what it already has to look bad.

That said, I watched a video and this looked pretty sizeable. This guy put his finger against the mask, I did the same to my Sideshow City hunter maquette and my finger looked to be about the same size in the same position. Very unscientific, but it leaves the question open. Is this tiny? Probably not, is it in scale with Prime 1's own Jungle Hunter? Who knows.....

https://i.imgur.com/lNQw0AY.jpg

generalzodlives
06-08-2020, 02:50 PM
I figured it would be 1/4 scale, but they were classifying it as "wall art" to get around licensing issues for film Predators. I would like to see a pic of this and Big Game Cover Art statue together though.

Halcyon
06-18-2020, 06:45 PM
Prime 1's Facebook. I messaged them earlier asking (Again)...
They did also say that the netting won't look like cheap plastic. But again, I have no idea if this means it has been altered...

I think Prime 1 is to quiet atm. We need some news.
And hopefully they put one of the preds in production soon. After that, skip straight to the Big Game Cover Art (Jungle) pred :p

To justify the high prices a bit, the netting should look high quality (like the rest of the statue).
Do they release factory production pics like other company's do from time to time?

Blade3327
06-18-2020, 07:19 PM
I remember seeing some factory production photos for the Dog Alien. Not sure if they still do it.

Cromulon
06-19-2020, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I'm not feeling the crouched city hunter anymore now that they showed the others in normal museum poses.

jinkazama
06-21-2020, 05:49 AM
Anybody know when the P1 City Hunter will start shipping?

tonytiger
07-02-2020, 08:30 PM
Anybody know when the P1 City Hunter will start shipping?

Like know too, As its been paid off along time ago..:tumblew:

MASTERSAFARA
07-17-2020, 02:52 AM
At this point I’m just happy they have an estimated date. We should know before the year is out guys.:smokin:

Vracula
07-18-2020, 02:50 AM
My interest in this hobby is waning but THIS I must have . It’s gonna look great on the Wall

tonytiger
08-23-2020, 11:42 AM
My interest in this hobby is waning but THIS I must have . It’s gonna look great on the Wall

Anybody know when this is shipping? :tumblew:

HeavyMetalSpike
08-23-2020, 03:45 PM
Anybody know when this is shipping? :tumblew:

At this point - possibly not even PRIME1 :)

Vracula
08-25-2020, 12:03 AM
I know right , it’s annoying but what else is new in this hobby.

Although it could help with budgeting I got Bermejo Joker on order and am eyeing the bermjo Batman.

HeavyMetalSpike
08-25-2020, 12:06 AM
To be fair, the "beer bug" has turned the world around so much that every company isn't sure which way is up these days.

I'm sure PRIME1 will get things in order as soon as they can.

In the meantime, we can all save our money for a while.

Halcyon
09-10-2020, 05:48 PM
Prime1 predators up to now;
Pred2 ES should be up soon.

Broken Tusk Pred / Released / ES=300
Broken Tusk Ex (2heads) / ES=250
Wall Art P2 (2heads) / Oct-Jan2021 / ES=tbd
Wall Art P2 Ex (2heads+2hands) / ES=tbd
Big Game Pred / Nov-Febr2021 / ES=400
Big Game Pred Ex (2heads) / ES=350
Fugitive Pred (2heads) / Nov-Febr2021 / ES=300
Fugitive Pred DX (4heads+rifle)/ ES=500
Assassin Pred / Dec-March2021 / ES=tbd
Assassin DX (2heads) / ES=tbd
Assassin ULT (2heads+2hands+hound) / ES=tbd
B.G. Cover Art Jungle Pred (2heads) / March-June2021 / ES=tbd
B.G. Cover Art Pred DX (4heads) / ES=tbd
Sengo Ninja Pred (2heads) / May-Aug2021 / ES=tbd
Sengo Ninja Pred Ex (3heads) / ES=tbd

Swaper
10-19-2020, 03:07 AM
ES is up on Prime 1 site.
Reg 400
EX 350

generalzodlives
10-19-2020, 08:56 AM
Finally! I want to put an order in, but I was hoping it'd pop up on Sideshow at some point. I may have to bite the bullet and get my order in at Prime.

Python
10-19-2020, 10:35 AM
Finally! I want to put an order in, but I was hoping it'd pop up on Sideshow at some point. I may have to bite the bullet and get my order in at Prime.

Yeah, I messaged them both again yesterday after seeing the ES had been announced. Neither of them seem interested in listing this and are still saying to ask the other company. Shipping from Prime 1 is over $300 to the UK. I may have to do the same and just pay over the odds to get it as I definitely want one... I hope they've fixed the netting.

generalzodlives
10-19-2020, 11:14 AM
I wish Prime and Sideshow would decide what they're going to do with each other. Even something as simple as Sideshow waiting six months to put a Prime statue on their site would be fine. None of these statues are selling out before they ship anyway. Then at least we'd know that Sideshow would list it within a certain time frame. Having everything up in the air is frustrating.

Blade3327
10-19-2020, 02:31 PM
Prime1 predators up to now;
Pred2 ES should be up soon.

I'm still surprised by this. It's available to ship today from Sideshow, yet we've only seen a couple photos of it. Did it sell that poorly? Or did a lot of people cancel their orders when the inaccurate mesh was revealed in the factory production photo?

dao2
10-19-2020, 04:37 PM
Surprisingly low es on this

azurepred
10-19-2020, 10:32 PM
took long enough. Ordered!

Halcyon
10-20-2020, 03:25 PM
Prime1 predators up to now (19-Oct);

Wall Art P2 (2heads) / Oct-Jan2021 / ES=400
Wall Art P2 Ex (2heads+2hands) / ES=350
Predator Killer (one version) / Jan-Apr2022 / ES=tbd

Hutch0o
10-23-2020, 10:41 PM
Size comparison

Halcyon
10-24-2020, 06:31 AM
Surprisingly low es on this

It is inline with the other aliens & preds, and they want to sell (out) all of them. So they can offer more choice to fans..

I guess the BG Cover art Pred1 will not get 'high' ES either (and prob more DX than Reg).
Plus most predator fans already ordered it, so P1 can predict total amount even better.

Vracula
10-24-2020, 09:31 AM
Noice . I can’t wait for this. My first Wall art piece. Such an iconic moment.

Python
10-24-2020, 12:02 PM
I think I'll just bite the bullet and get this ordered from Prime 1, even with the super high shipping cost, I don't want to miss out. ES probably would have been way higher if they'd listed it on Sideshow and actually answered the scale question. Still, I'm happy with a nice low ES, especially on an awesome statue, kind of feels like the old days, just double the cost. :laugh:

Python
10-24-2020, 01:01 PM
EX ordered directly from Prime 1. :buttrock:

Hutch0o
10-25-2020, 01:25 AM
EX ordered directly from Prime 1. :buttrock:

Congrats! This piece will be hard to get in the future so good choice now that ES has been released

Hutch0o
10-25-2020, 01:26 AM
So keen for this set up, I may wall mount this guy seeing as the alien and jungle hunter are quite large

dao2
10-25-2020, 01:45 AM
It is inline with the other aliens & preds, and they want to sell (out) all of them. So they can offer more choice to fans..

I guess the BG Cover art Pred1 will not get 'high' ES either (and prob more DX than Reg).
Plus most predator fans already ordered it, so P1 can predict total amount even better.

Yeah but considering the price I figured this one would sell more.

Python
10-25-2020, 05:33 AM
Congrats! This piece will be hard to get in the future so good choice now that ES has been released

Thank you, and yeah I think it'll be a statue that some people may regret passing on years down the line, it probably won't come up for sale too often given the low ES. Prime 1 are making it an overly difficult purchase for a few reasons, but I suspect that it'll come good and we will receive a pretty awesome statue here. It's definitely a safe pose, but that's not a bad thing imo as it's so iconic, I really like this statue. :thumbs2:

Python
10-25-2020, 05:37 AM
Also, I posted this in the jungle hunter thread, but it's more relevant here so I'll copy and paste it here also. I'm kind of residing myself to the possibility that the P1 & P2 might have to be displayed separately, but I'm still hoping to be pleasantly surprised and find that they are in fact closer in scale once they arrive.

The City hunter (freestanding) will be slightly smaller than in your comparison. When he's on flat ground, the triangular part at the bottom in your image is removed.

Like so...

https://i.imgur.com/SB9w3Ja.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pkHGR0p.jpg

dao2
10-25-2020, 06:01 AM
I really hope they get the patina down on the base (and helmet) of course as it really elevates the whole statue (sorry for pun).

Vracula
10-25-2020, 07:38 AM
I hope we get A Pred 1 Wall art piece like this one.

jinkazama
10-25-2020, 08:33 AM
I hope we get A Pred 1 Wall art piece like this one.
Hanging on to a tree, like it did in the movie, that would be pretty cool.......:thumbs2:

Blade3327
10-25-2020, 01:46 PM
The City hunter (freestanding) will be slightly smaller than in your comparison. When he's on flat ground, the triangular part at the bottom in your image is removed.

That's the thing, the measurements on Prime 1's site suggest a 4" difference between the two, which sounds about right scale-wise. But I believe the height they give for the CH is based on the wall display. The flat base will cut off another couple inches.

While I don't expect a big scale discrepancy, I fear their overall heights (or positions, rather) will be too different for a symmetrical display. It may look all the more unusual since CH is perched on an eagle, which suggests a higher vantage point than JH. I guess if wall-mounting was out of the question, one could build an extension for the base under the eagle to give it some more height.

EDIT: Something like this.

https://i.ibb.co/QdFvD3d/p1-pred-custombase-Comp.jpg

Python
10-25-2020, 04:55 PM
Yeah, it would be so helpful if we could just see the actual statues next to each other. I cannot figure out why Prime 1 haven't done so yet, it seems the obvious thing to do and it has been requested many times. Only reason I can think is that the City Hunter is bigger than we expect and they can't admit that it's 1/4 due to licensing constraints. That also sounds a lot like wishful thinking however I know....

I really hope they get the patina down on the base (and helmet) of course as it really elevates the whole statue (sorry for pun).

Yeah, fingers crossed, it is very easy to overdo (or even underdo) Such effects, but it is an important part of the P2's look for sure. I kind of hope they go for a more metallic look on the bio also although factories do tend to struggle with the delicate metallic paints.

Halcyon
10-25-2020, 05:46 PM
That's the thing, the measurements on Prime 1's site suggest a 4" difference between the two .....

EDIT: Something like this.

If so, the difference in size is noticeable..
We will see.

Blade3327
10-25-2020, 08:40 PM
Yeah, it would be so helpful if we could just see the actual statues next to each other. I cannot figure out why Prime 1 haven't done so yet, it seems the obvious thing to do and it has been requested many times. Only reason I can think is that the City Hunter is bigger than we expect and they can't admit that it's 1/4 due to licensing constraints.

I was going to say, putting those two side-by-side would make it hard to push the "we just happened to make them all 1/4 without admitting it" narrative they seem to be using.

Both the Warrior and Big Chap are listed as non-scale and haven't been displayed together, likely for similar reasons. They were always shown with a few pieces in between or on separate tables.

Python
10-29-2020, 12:37 PM
I was going to say, putting those two side-by-side would make it hard to push the "we just happened to make them all 1/4 without admitting it" narrative they seem to be using.

Both the Warrior and Big Chap are listed as non-scale and haven't been displayed together, likely for similar reasons. They were always shown with a few pieces in between or on separate tables.

I'm actually starting to wonder if they have even got the measurements correct for it. Looking at the size comparisons based on the measurements offered, this always looks tiny. But I re-watched a few videos of it and it doesn't seem to look so small in those.

This one for example at 17:17. The guy is quite touchy feely and the size of the city hunters head next to his hand looks pretty close to 1/4 to me. Could just be that he has tiny hands however of course. :p

https://youtu.be/stE1LxfHSrw?t=1038

Hutch0o
10-30-2020, 06:32 PM
My prediction is, this piece will look a lot bigger than we thought it would in hand, it will be slept on between now and once people start posting videos and pics then it will sell out and become hard to come by

azurepred
10-30-2020, 09:49 PM
all quality movie Pred pieces shoot up in value eventually. Sometimes, it takes awhile to sell out though. They need to nail this one.

Vracula
10-31-2020, 04:07 PM
This gonna be a 2021 piece from the looks of it

Python
11-01-2020, 07:42 AM
My prediction is, this piece will look a lot bigger than we thought it would in hand, it will be slept on between now and once people start posting videos and pics then it will sell out and become hard to come by

I hope this prediction comes true. I'm looking forward to posting some of those pictures that hopefully get more people excited for this. :buttrock:

Mr. Shoosh
11-12-2020, 12:07 PM
Just got the dreaded delay email from Prime 1 direct. Now “Jan 2021- Apr 2021”.

csutkakoma
11-12-2020, 03:26 PM
So around summer if everything goes smoothly.

Blade3327
11-12-2020, 04:38 PM
More people are getting the Cracked Tusk Predator in-hand, guess the international orders really do take a few months to arrive. The netting still looks like a sweater, so hopefully they fix that on the CH and anything that comes after.

Python
11-13-2020, 12:44 PM
Me too....

"We know you are anxious to receive your purchased product, the more we sincerely apologize for not updating your order status sooner. We received an update from our production team regarding the product you have purchased and wanted to share the latest information with you. We have experienced some unexpected difficulties during the product quality check, and unfortunately, that issue has impacted the original shipping estimates.

New shipping date: Jan. 2021 - Apr. 2021"

Vracula
11-13-2020, 04:36 PM
Thats fine I guess . Much better than receiving a ----ty piece.

Mr. Shoosh
11-13-2020, 04:40 PM
^ yea, you’ll never hear me complain about movies, video games or these being delayed. Just perfect them to the best of your ability, and I’ll get over waiting.

Python
11-14-2020, 11:58 AM
Thats fine I guess . Much better than receiving a ----ty piece.

Definitely, I expected a longer delay tbh with the world as it is. They can take as long as they like as far as I'm concerned so long as they deliver the best product possible. I suspect that wording was just generic, but if there is a specific issue, I'd love to know what it was just out of curiosity.

HeavyMetalSpike
11-14-2020, 12:15 PM
Definitely, I expected a longer delay tbh with the world as it is. They can take as long as they like as far as I'm concerned so long as they deliver the best product possible.
I suspect that wording was just generic, but if there is a specific issue, I'd love to know what it was just out of curiosity.

Sculpt 1:5 scale, netting 1:7 scale? :)

Python
11-14-2020, 01:36 PM
Sculpt 1:5 scale, netting 1:7 scale? :)

Probably :eplus2: At least they are fixing whatever it is.

HeavyMetalSpike
11-14-2020, 01:39 PM
Probably :eplus2: At least they are fixing whatever it is.

They are probably removing the word "scale" from the packaging :)

Joking aside - hopefully they'll get their act together eventually.

VILE GUILE
11-27-2020, 04:52 PM
Ordered this one a few weeks ago & read all the comments on here about it & noticed nobody mentioned or noticed that the initial prototype had his blades out in the spear hand, but the final production piece doesn't for some reason? If you watch YouTube videos you'll see what I'm saying. I was kinda diggin' the blades out on that arm. Wondering why they removed them? ��

dao2
11-27-2020, 05:58 PM
Ordered this one a few weeks ago & read all the comments on here about it & noticed nobody mentioned or noticed that the initial prototype had his blades out in the spear hand, but the final production piece doesn't for some reason? If you watch YouTube videos you'll see what I'm saying. I was kinda diggin' the blades out on that arm. Wondering why they removed them? ��

The blades are retractable and he doesn't use them all the time (like for example when he has some other weapon in that hand). They are likely separate as they are only meant to be used when the hand is empty, similar to the infinity studios one where they are separate.

Halcyon
11-27-2020, 06:09 PM
Prime1 predators up to now (13-Nov, P2 delayed);

Wall Art P2 (2heads) / Oct-Jan-Apr2021 / ES=400
Wall Art P2 Ex (2heads+2hands) / ES=350
Predator Killer (one version) / Jan-Apr2022 / ES=tbd

Halcyon
11-27-2020, 06:28 PM
The blades are retractable and he doesn't use them all the time (like for example when he has some other weapon in that hand). They are likely separate as they are only meant to be used when the hand is empty, similar to the infinity studios one where they are separate.

Of course..
But people want to decide for themselves (multiple display options).

Ps. Generally speaking hate this delay. Prob will shift all Predators in lineup.
But if paintapp was not so good on broken tusk and this delay has to do with same factory not reaching standards. Then hopefully P1 is smart and switch predator productions to higher grade factory.

dao2
11-27-2020, 06:37 PM
Of course..
But people want to decide for themselves (multiple display options).

Ps. Generally speaking hate this delay. Prob will shift all Predators in lineup.
But if paintapp was not so good on broken tusk and this delay has to do with same factory not reaching standards. Then hopefully P1 is smart and switch predator productions to higher grade factory.

What I mean is that they are likely included but seperate