PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Predator

Python
05-13-2017, 09:00 AM
EDIT: After digging, this is an early Wolf Predator concept I'd totally forgotten about hence the similarity of the damage. A concept Wolf maquette maybe?

I just saw a banner advertising the next sideshow live and this guy caught my eye for obvious reasons. Could be an early concept for a print, or it could even be their own take on the character in statue form. "Mythos" style which could be really cool! I guess we'll find out on Wednesday.

I'll update the title and this first post when more becomes clear...

http://i.imgur.com/j7X5Qrv.jpg

sith_apprentice
05-13-2017, 10:10 AM
Very cool idea

Collectorcol
05-13-2017, 10:36 AM
Looks strange.

If they keep doing these made up characters, Alien King, then money saved :)

majestic1
05-13-2017, 10:50 AM
Alien King & Predator Prince

sith_apprentice
05-13-2017, 10:58 AM
Well they're all made-up characters. We can't make Predator 1, Predator 2, Predators and Wolf statues forever. It's time to venture out and create some original new things. I like the idea of a wounded and battered old Predator with some cybernetic implants or robotic arm.

tonytiger
05-13-2017, 10:59 AM
Looks strange.

If they keep doing these made up characters, Alien King, then money saved :)
Yea what he said they are all made up either way.. just because it comes from a comic book or a movie makes it more real? just saying...:D

Jonezy89
05-13-2017, 11:04 AM
Man if that new license was dragonball z I'd be on that there really is a huge gap in the market for dbz only real rival is tsume and there selling out within days with a big edition size

Collectorcol
05-13-2017, 11:13 AM
Seriously?! You can't understand the difference between a Predator that's appeared in a movie and some strange design they imagined in the SS office?

Why not do a decent Wolf or Berserker Statue? Assuming this is a statue?!...

Anyway I personally have no interest in adding a Sideshow inspired character to my collection.
My collection is 98% movie based.

dao2
05-13-2017, 11:21 AM
I very much recognize that concept art. It's was one of the concepts made for the wolf predator by ADI. As a matter of fact I asked someone who made the wolf bust I have if he ever would do one like that :P

sith_apprentice
05-13-2017, 11:22 AM
Well you obviously have a movie bias, so it's understandable. If a character is from a comic or cartoon or video game, it's no less or more fiction than movie Predator or Alien.

We certainly don't need any more statues or busts of Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Jungle Predator, Iron Man, Batman, the Hulk or Wolverine. It's time to come up with some new ideas. Movie Predator didn't come from ripping off ideas, he was a completely new and original idea, and it paid off.

It's almost like creativity died in the 80's or something...

ChaFoShizzle
05-13-2017, 11:39 AM
Seriously?! You can't understand the difference between a Predator that's appeared in a movie and some strange design they imagined in the SS office?

Anyway I personally have no interest in adding a Sideshow inspired character to my collection.

Salty much? There's already a solid Wolf statue out there, and no one is forcing you to get this line lol. Besides as others have said there are plenty of predator movie statues, not everyones collection is movie based like yours.

Collectorcol
05-13-2017, 11:59 AM
Yup. Why lots of movies from that era are being 'remade'.

Salty much? There's already a solid Wolf statue out there, and no one is forcing you to get this line lol. Besides as others have said there are plenty of predator movie statues, not everyones collection is movie based like yours.
Well excuse me for airing my personal opinion on a discussion forum...

:dork:

ChaFoShizzle
05-13-2017, 12:05 PM
Yup. Why lots of movies from that era are being 'remade'.

Well excuse me for airing my personal opinion on a discussion forum...

:dork:

Lol, it's not that, the way your wrote that made it seem like it was a crime that they were doing their own design for the Predator. There's already plenty of movie designs out there, it's not going to kill you if this wasn't one of them.

dao2
05-13-2017, 12:07 PM
Lol, it's not that, the way your wrote that made it seem like it was a crime that they were doing their own design for the Predator. There's already plenty of movie designs out there, it's not going to kill you if this wasn't one of them.

This is a movie design anyway though, just didn't make it into the movie :P But this isn't SS' idea or imagination, it was one of thee concepts for the wolf.

Collectorcol
05-13-2017, 12:11 PM
Yeah, because I made out it was going to kill me :hilarious:

Anyway, not for me but hope it's an awesome, expensive statue to complete your life :)

ChaFoShizzle
05-13-2017, 12:34 PM
This is a movie design anyway though, just didn't make it into the movie :P But this isn't SS' idea or imagination, it was one of thee concepts for the wolf.

Oh I have no idea lol, I only said that because others were saying it was. Thanks for the clarification.

Yeah, because I made out it was going to kill me :hilarious:

Anyway, not for me but hope it's an awesome, expensive statue to complete your life :)

You did man, it's going to be fine :D. Anyways, not for me either, but I'm sure it's still going to be cool.

Collectorcol
05-13-2017, 12:43 PM
:thumbs2: :smokin:

Python
05-13-2017, 01:25 PM
Okay, Anyway....

I tend to focus on movie stuff also which is why as cool as both are, I have little interest in actually buying the King Alien, or XM's new Predator for instance at those kind of prices, not with the movie based Prime 1 stuff on the way.... HOWEVER. Let's be frank, Sideshows Predators have been missing the mark for years now, close but no cigar may be an apt analogy. But while they have struggled to replicate accurate Predators, they have been making some pretty damn awesome stuff from other licenses of late. If they can inject a bit of that love into a "mythos" Predator line and give us some freaking cool looking Predators without the worry of screen accuracy, presumably in 1/5 which would be ideal, and keep the prices in check. Well I'll probably bend my preference for movie based creatures. That kind of line has so much potential for awesomeness! I can think of dozens of statues I'd love to see, both Canon (with a few twists) and new designs.

But yeah, having looked into it more, this is an early wolf Concept hence the similarity of the damage, so maybe this is a concept wolf maquette?

dao2
05-13-2017, 01:48 PM
Dunno, it's got bones, claws, etc going all throughout him it's far more detailed then the normal wolf. I think it's a bit beyond what SS can do. They didn't even put quills on the p2 ffs :|

DeadGhostKnight
05-13-2017, 04:08 PM
I love original Predator designs, it's what i love about Narin. I'm down for them to do a weird AVP concept piece :)

Comicbookguy
05-13-2017, 04:15 PM

Honestly I actually wouldn't know but it still looks like a predator then it must be a predator.

loricstone
05-13-2017, 04:20 PM
Well you obviously have a movie bias, so it's understandable. If a character is from a comic or cartoon or video game, it's no less or more fiction than movie Predator or Alien.

We certainly don't need any more statues or busts of Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Jungle Predator, Iron Man, Batman, the Hulk or Wolverine. It's time to come up with some new ideas. Movie Predator didn't come from ripping off ideas, he was a completely new and original idea, and it paid off.

I like how you think sith_apprentice. Creativity....definitely that. If it was up to some...we'd still be riding in chariots from Roman times.

sith_apprentice
05-13-2017, 05:31 PM
If we're really digging into the history of AvP, they need to make a statue of the Broken Tusk from the original comic. They made a Noguchi, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility. I think NECA has finally decided to make one. Always loved the color scheme, armor and severed Xeno skull on the chestplates, not to mention the spears and grenade launchers.

ozboy
05-13-2017, 06:15 PM
If we're really digging into the history of AvP, they need to make a statue of the Broken Tusk from the original comic. They made a Noguchi, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility. I think NECA has finally decided to make one. Always loved the color scheme, armor and severed Xeno skull on the chestplates, not to mention the spears and grenade launchers.

I can totally see sideshow making a 1/5 Dachande which would make a wonderful a companion piece to the Machiko PF :banghead:

Collectorcol
05-14-2017, 05:02 AM
Machiko is 1:4.

sith_apprentice
05-14-2017, 08:19 AM
On a side note, it's looking more and more like a Machiko NECA figure is coming soon, due to a Twitter post of her rifle a few days ago.

tonytiger
05-14-2017, 08:46 AM

Yea..how sweet would it have been if the king show up in the new alien movie, then this would have sold like hot cakes.Statue has alien warriors all over it..So I'm good.:thumbs2:

Python
05-16-2017, 11:57 AM
This weeks Sideshow live has an interview with Farzad Varahramyan (AVP:R designer) that may all be what this image was for so I probably jumped the gun :laugh:

Who knows though, he may be there to reveal something new, I bet the Wolf LSB will be on show if nothing else...

Python
05-17-2017, 02:27 PM
It was indeed just an interview, nothing new for now. Sorry for the false hope..