PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Collectibles Overwatch D.Va Statue

amir2100
06-29-2017, 09:28 PM
Blizzard announce another statue from overwatch
and this time d.va
Pre-Order Now: 450$ :)
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZMo6kZxQDY

https://gearstore-cdn.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/364x364/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/7/17_gs_dva_pdp_gallery-01.jpg

EnShinNoi
06-29-2017, 09:34 PM
This is my favourite to date. I was waiting for them to do DVA because of the more complicated/interesting design.

Vendetta
06-29-2017, 09:37 PM
Definitely in for one.

Gyro Zeppeli
06-29-2017, 10:42 PM
I've been waiting for D.Va for awhile now! I think I'll have to get her :)

Edit: Ordered. Excellent job as usual Ehren.

MrYac
06-29-2017, 11:30 PM
looks good, but I genuinely hate her as a character. let me know when McCree or Roadhog go up.

Luminous
06-29-2017, 11:39 PM
While I've decided I can't order every Overwatch release D.Va is definitely a must own for me. Ordered.

EDIT: While I am happy I ordered this the price does seem high. I know she is significantly bigger than the other Overwatch statues but does she really need to be 3x more expensive? Not to mention this is a $100 higher than Grommash and Illidan. Not sure there is an extra $100 worth of detail on this one compared to those.

Shonks
06-30-2017, 12:55 AM
sweet jesus my heart sank a bit when I saw the price... Did not expect it to be 3x the price of reaper. might be a regretful pass, The illidan 1/4scale has so much more going on then this for the same price.

RadAsGhoul
06-30-2017, 02:18 AM
Goddammit, i hate it when they drop the bomb, just like that. It would be grand, if they'd just charge the deposit, but the full amount preauthorisation is seriously pissing me off. I'm currently abroad, and my account is maxed out lol, hopefully the price will stop the scalpers for a few days until I get home

Caledor
06-30-2017, 02:30 AM
I don't think its a a preauth any more. You pay the full amount when your preorder now according to this.

http://gear.blizzard.com/collectibles-faq

RadAsGhoul
06-30-2017, 03:00 AM
I don't think its a a preauth any more. You pay the full amount when your preorder now according to this.

http://gear.blizzard.com/collectibles-faq

Unfortunately they still do, confirmed with D.Va by a friend :/

Ehollywood
06-30-2017, 03:06 AM
The only Overwatch statue that's consistently selling out is Tracer. The fact that Blizzard will keep on making these should put to rest anyone worried about not getting one in the near to distant future. I'd rather wait to see inhand photos to see if the quality is worth the $500.

Shonks
06-30-2017, 03:22 AM
Shipping is a lot more this time round too, for Reaper is was only about $20US to Australia which was amazing, Dva is $97US, so its a $550US statue for me... damnit

Ehollywood
06-30-2017, 03:35 AM
Shipping is a lot more this time round too, for Reaper is was only about $20US to Australia which was amazing, Dva is $97US, so its a $550US statue for me... damnit

See....it would be one thing if this was for a limited statue. Like if you didn't buy it, it will be gone forever. But that's not the case with Blizzard statues. They ALWAYS come back in stock.

dominicqwek
06-30-2017, 04:37 AM
See....it would be one thing if this was for a limited statue. Like if you didn't buy it, it will be gone forever. But that's not the case with Blizzard statues. They ALWAYS come back in stock.

That is correct. These are open editions and will be for a while until they are vaulted. :)

This piece is enormous and once you see it in person, you'll realize how big it actually is.

Blacksunn
06-30-2017, 08:52 AM
That is correct. These are open editions and will be for a while until they are vaulted. :)

This piece is enormous and once you see it in person, you'll realize how big it actually is.

So you can see size...

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab74/blacksunn/2017-06-30_zpsp9biqiyi.png

apellica
06-30-2017, 09:03 AM
Unfortunately, I think this statue is overpriced compared to what they have released in the past. Maybe production values have gone up and we are starting to see new pricing.

Then again, I can't buy every Overwatch statue and I'm just sticking to the characters I'll play and she isn't one of them. Also, as another board member mentioned, Illidan being a very detailed 1/4 statue in the similar price range is hard to justify this.

Of course, I can see why people will buy her anyway if they are a huge fan of the series and character.

SDguy
06-30-2017, 09:10 AM
I don't disagree with the comments here, but I did want to correct that both Grommash and Illidan are technically 1/5 scale. Still big, beautiful, and $350 though :(

PermaGrin
06-30-2017, 09:26 AM
Unfortunately, I think this statue is overpriced compared to what they have released in the past. Maybe production values have gone up and we are starting to see new pricing.

Then again, I can't buy every Overwatch statue and I'm just sticking to the characters I'll play and she isn't one of them. Also, as another board member mentioned, Illidan being a very detailed 1/4 statue in the similar price range is hard to justify this.

Of course, I can see why people will buy her anyway if they are a huge fan of the series and character.

WoW pieces are 1/5.

The other Overwatch pieces are 150. DVa is three times the price at nearly three times the amount on material being used. Her price seems to be on par with the other based on what you are getting.

Cost are going up slowly but surely. Time + size will add to the price.

Luminous
06-30-2017, 10:20 AM
WoW pieces are 1/5.

The other Overwatch pieces are 150. DVa is three times the price at nearly three times the amount on material being used. Her price seems to be on par with the other based on what you are getting.

Cost are going up slowly but surely. Time + size will add to the price.

You seem to be overlooking the fact that Blizzard statues are not limited edition pieces. These are mass produced items. The whole argument of manufacturing costs rising goes out the window when you are producing what seems like unlimited product, IMO.

Commander0Zero
06-30-2017, 10:21 AM
$450 and pre-authorization for the full amount. This might have to wait SDCC/Vegas trip at the end of the month. I'm sort of "pot committed" at this point on these and love all the designs and the statues have been great quality for the price. At $450 though this is PF territory. Hopefully this is an exception due to size and not the rule going forward.

PermaGrin
06-30-2017, 10:24 AM
You seem to be overlooking the fact that Blizzard statues are not limited edition pieces. These are mass produced items. The whole argument of manufacturing costs rising goes out the window when you are producing what seems like unlimited product, IMO.

Soley based on just commenting on mass pieces...then it seems like people are expecting DVa to be 150 also.

...either way...they need to stop farting around and get on more Starcraft pieces.
...looks at dom...

Macethy
06-30-2017, 10:47 AM
Judging from this, we can probably expect around the same price for Orisa, Winston and Reinhardt (possibly less for him though)

Luminous
06-30-2017, 11:28 AM
Soley based on just commenting on mass pieces...then it seems like people are expecting DVa to be 150 also.

...either way...they need to stop farting around and get on more Starcraft pieces.
...looks at dom...

Not necessarily. The price for this line was first established and maintained up until this release at $150. Logically since this is twice the size of the previous sculpts your average consumer should expect to pay more. The problem is that the jump in price is so significant that it makes one question the justification of such a cost increase.

Commander0Zero
06-30-2017, 12:56 PM
Not necessarily. The price for this line was first established and maintained up until this release at $150. Logically since this is twice the size of the previous sculpts your average consumer should expect to pay more. The problem is that the jump in price is so significant that it makes one question the justification of such a cost increase.

Agree... $350 feels about right. $400 is eye opening... $450 feels wrong. Again this is all opinion. But to me this has been happening alot across this Hobby. A rouge $100 to $200 being tacked on to statues. Also don't forget they aren't shipping anything free. I mean you're nipping on the heels of $500 here.

supermetroid
06-30-2017, 01:15 PM
I was expecting 300 tbh....and I'll probably wait until it's close to that and decide then. While I really like the game/characters all it'd take is some dumb decisions on Blizzards part to kill the game. This is the first Blizzard game I've played, but I've heard they've made some terrible mistakes with balancing/patches that have turned off a lot of gamers in the past.

Gyro Zeppeli
06-30-2017, 07:21 PM
I definitely agree that the piece is expensive and I am disappointed in the price. That being said, I don't know if I would say it is overpriced. It is just more in line with what other companies are charging for similar size pieces. I think we have become a little spoiled by the reasonable costs of Blizzard's statues up until this point. That being said, I am not happy about being charged shipping despite being in continental US. For a statue this expensive I wish there were some basic perks to preordering early on or something.

SDguy
06-30-2017, 07:29 PM
I definitely agree that the piece is expensive and I am disappointed in the price. That being said, I don't know if I would say it is overpriced. It is just more in line with what other companies are charging for similar size pieces. I think we have become a little spoiled by the reasonable costs of Blizzard's statues up until this point. That being said, I am not happy about being charged shipping despite being in continental US. For a statue this expensive I wish there were some basic perks to preordering early on or something.

Maybe.... or I (I won't speak for others) felt that a HUGE company (compared to any statue only company) like Blizzard making open ES pieces would add up to less expensive pieces. But that's just me.

PermaGrin
06-30-2017, 08:34 PM

I dont think she is twice. I think she is closer to 3, than 2. Since I think that, I do not consider the price jump that far off.

We saying / thinking the same thing / way...just you think double and I think triple. I am sure if she was 4 or 5 times the size for same price, we would agree it was reasonable what compared to size. :D

Gyro Zeppeli
06-30-2017, 08:42 PM
Don't forget about the depth to the piece. Meka is not just tall, but it is wide and deep too. The Sideshow Voltron has seven inches on this statue (isn't as wide as far as I can tell though) and is somewhere around $800 more if I recall.

SDguy
06-30-2017, 08:58 PM
I give you that it is big, Voltron with aditional light up feature not withstanding.

I think the point here is that many of us, or just me, thought we had a good thing going..... there are A LOT of characters in this game... hoping to get many was ok at $150. $450 isn't going to make it for me. That's all.

Gyro Zeppeli
06-30-2017, 10:26 PM
Yeah I agree. Luckily I was never in this to complete any kind of set. There are only a handful of characters from this game that I am interested in owning a statue of.

PermaGrin
06-30-2017, 11:59 PM
If her and the mech come to roughly equal a 1/4, least she would be on the lower end of the norm.
But I also do agree about the edition size + price versus a lower / more limited piece.

Good thing for me...I dont play OW. :p Means I dont have to collect the people I would have played as.

dominicqwek
07-01-2017, 01:10 AM
We just unveiled the statue at Anime Expo. Here are some quick snaps. Free domestic shipping when purchased at the convention.

Luminous
07-01-2017, 01:13 AM
I dont think she is twice. I think she is closer to 3, than 2. Since I think that, I do not consider the price jump that far off.

We saying / thinking the same thing / way...just you think double and I think triple. I am sure if she was 4 or 5 times the size for same price, we would agree it was reasonable what compared to size. :D

There is no way that she is 3x the size of Reaper.

PermaGrin
07-01-2017, 02:11 AM
Maybe not purely in height, but I bet she takes up closer to 3 times the volume / space.

...Reaper maybe less so, but Widow, then Tracer looks to be even less than window.

No way she is only 2x :p
I get ya, its a big or bigger jump than expected.

My limit has increased over the years, so I just dont see it as that crazy.
Also since Im not into getting them (waiting on Starcraft :D), I didnt have the feeling of only paying 150 to contrast against.
friggin Lego sets Im looking at lucky if under 150 :p

Gyro Zeppeli
07-01-2017, 02:25 AM
We just unveiled the statue at Anime Expo. Here are some quick snaps. Free domestic shipping when purchased at the convention.

Thanks for the pics. I think that first image really shows off the size of Meka. What an awesome statue :eek::eek::eek:

dominicqwek
07-01-2017, 02:33 AM
No problem. Wished I had brought my camera. Give it some time, some high res photos from Anime expo should surface online.

Video of her on a turntable
https://twitter.com/dominicqwek/status/881036920238690304

Luminous
07-01-2017, 01:38 PM
Maybe not purely in height, but I bet she takes up closer to 3 times the volume / space.

That's exactly what I mean by size. I am referring to volume/space not height. I don't believe she takes up 3x more volume/space than Reaper. And while Reaper is the only one I am using as comparison it's the only one I need considering he and the other ladies are the same price.

dominicqwek
07-01-2017, 02:24 PM
There are several factors that come into play not just volume/ space. Complexity and paint application make a big difference too. That's my personal opinion on collectibles in general. :)

Blacksunn
07-01-2017, 02:46 PM
No problem. Wished I had brought my camera. Give it some time, some high res photos from Anime expo should surface online.

Video of her on a turntable
https://twitter.com/dominicqwek/status/881036920238690304

Thanks for the pics and video! I do have to agree with others that the price seems a bit high in comparison to the other pieces released. Should have been $350 or $399 with free shipping at least. :thumbs2:

Luminous
07-01-2017, 05:08 PM
There are several factors that come into play not just volume/ space. Complexity and paint application make a big difference too. That's my personal opinion on collectibles in general. :)

Of course, but look at the WoW statues. Grommash and Illidan are both a scale bigger and extremely detailed (I would argue more so) yet they are both $100 cheaper than D.Va.

DeadGhostKnight
07-01-2017, 05:47 PM
I think the problem is we have been spoiled with the prices of Grommash and Illidan....

Luminous
07-01-2017, 06:24 PM
I think the problem is we have been spoiled with the prices of Grommash and Illidan....

Sure we had it good until now but the open edition aspect of Blizzard's statues is the bigger issue when we talk about such a big jump in prices. Not to mention that if we accept the argument that manufacturing costs are rising and that D.Va reflects those costs shouldn't we be seeing a price jump for their previous releases? Those are still being produced as per their business model, right? So we should expect a price increase on Illidan and Grommash as well if that is somehow true.

Ehollywood
07-01-2017, 10:07 PM
I paid $350 for my Sideshow Arthas lol

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/300069-product-silo.png

SDguy
07-05-2017, 07:19 PM
So I went ahead and decided to buy this. Living in San Diego I'm lucky to have dirt cheat shipping to Blizzard. I want to see this in hand.... and compare it to both Reaper and Tracer, and then compare to Grommash and Illidan. If I don't think the value is there (the non-dynamic pose is already strike one) I will simply return it.

Ehollywood
07-06-2017, 03:46 PM
So I went ahead and decided to buy this. Living in San Diego I'm lucky to have dirt cheat shipping to Blizzard. I want to see this in hand.... and compare it to both Reaper and Tracer, and then compare to Grommash and Illidan. If I don't think the value is there (the non-dynamic pose is already strike one) I will simply return it.

I'm guessing Blizzard will have this at their SDCC booth offering free shipping to anyone that buys at the convention.

SDguy
07-06-2017, 08:01 PM
I'm guessing Blizzard will have this at their SDCC booth offering free shipping to anyone that buys at the convention.

Eh, 10 bucks.... I'm not waiting in any SDCC line to save :)

I'd say seeing it at SDCC would satisfy my in-hand desire, but both Reaper and Illidan were impossible to get a good look at last year, both due to crowds and the way they had them displayed.

Shonks
07-06-2017, 08:59 PM
yea still can't pull the trigger on this, was trying to figure out why. Its not Dom's work, it is as always amazing, one of the best in the business, love his original sculpts too.

I think it is that I got into this OW line due to the price point of reaper, the open ES doesn't bother me at that price. Always expected Dva and RH to be more but like double maybe, 3x the cost and an extra $80 in shipping and now Dva is in the ballpark of the Magneto PF thats coming.

Not sure I love these enough for that comparison but I appreciate the work that has gone into it

dominicqwek
07-09-2017, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the kind words, Shonks.

She'll be at SDCC at the Blizzard booth. Drop by to take a look if you're attending!

amir2100
07-12-2017, 03:22 AM
The D.Va statue weighs 38 kilos (84 pounds)

Estimated shipping prices:

To the United Kingdom, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany: approximately $100 USD

To Spain, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, Austria, Greece: approximately $417 USD

To Japan: approximately $525 USD

To Korea: approximately $514 USD

Remember Me?
07-12-2017, 12:32 PM
The D.Va statue weighs 38 kilos (84 pounds)

Estimated shipping prices:

To the United Kingdom, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany: approximately $100 USD

To Spain, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, Austria, Greece: approximately $417 USD

To Japan: approximately $525 USD

To Korea: approximately $514 USD

84 pounds??

amir2100
07-12-2017, 01:47 PM
84 pounds??
blizzard said this:
http://gear.blizzard.com/ow-dva-statue

PermaGrin
07-12-2017, 02:19 PM
As mentioned before...or probably the other site...that is most likely just dimensional weight, not actual.

dominicqwek
07-12-2017, 05:26 PM
84 lbs is dimensional weight. Actual statue is 25 lbs.

Product page updated. http://gear.blizzard.com/blizz-colle.../ow-dva-statue

PermaGrin
07-12-2017, 08:37 PM
Hey Dom...what's the word on StarCraft pieces? :D

gagaliya
07-13-2017, 01:43 AM
the OW statues paint app is always several levels lower than their Warcraft statues which was ok because the price was also 3x lower.

Now this statue's price is more than the Warcraft statues, but I am just worried we will end up getting OW quality level paint app.

So going to wait and see the final in hand photos before deciding.

PermaGrin
07-14-2017, 04:27 PM
Haha Dom...I found you on facebook through a friend of a friend (one shared your post, then another liked it)...I will get my Starcraft answers one way or another. haha

:p

Gyro Zeppeli
07-15-2017, 03:06 AM
Has Ehren stopped by in this thread yet? I'm curious if he could shed some light on the development process for Dva and maybe why the price is as high as it is.

omigeo
07-15-2017, 10:51 AM
Is the robot/suit out of some sort of diecast/metal?

SkyPirate82
07-15-2017, 02:55 PM
Really considering picking this one up. Could someone please confirm whether Blizzard takes money upfront for D. Va pre-orders or will they charge at time of shipping? :thinking:

Knecht
07-15-2017, 04:17 PM
Really considering picking this one up. Could someone please confirm whether Blizzard takes money upfront for D. Va pre-orders or will they charge at time of shipping? :thinking:

I was able to purchase a preorder card from blizzard which consisted of free shipping and full payment up front. I paid $450 plus tax all up front. But, the kicker for this was I attended anime expo and purchased at blizzard booth :)
Maybe try emailing and asking for preorder card with code if this is not possible for online purchases :)

Most companies, referencing art of war, will let you pay all up front if asked.

Good luck

Commander0Zero
07-15-2017, 10:14 PM

In my experience they charge you up front which really is BS but thats what they do.

kaza5555
07-15-2017, 10:28 PM
Blizzard charged me in full for Widowmaker few days after placing preorder and it's not scheduled to ship until later this year. Would love to add this statue, but $450 plus shipping and tax is too much to charge now for something that is not coming out until early next year. A deposit would make more sense if it was an option. Likely will wait when statue is out before buying, if it's not sold out.

dominicqwek
07-16-2017, 07:10 AM
Haha Dom...I found you on facebook through a friend of a friend (one shared your post, then another liked it)...I will get my Starcraft answers one way or another. haha

You're asking questions I can't answer. :)

dominicqwek
07-16-2017, 07:15 AM
For those attending SDCC, we have a panel on Friday where I'll talk a little about Blizzard Collectibles.

http://sched.co/BP78

SkyPirate82
07-16-2017, 08:42 AM
I was able to purchase a preorder card from blizzard which consisted of free shipping and full payment up front. I paid $450 plus tax all up front. But, the kicker for this was I attended anime expo and purchased at blizzard booth :)
Maybe try emailing and asking for preorder card with code if this is not possible for online purchases :)

Most companies, referencing art of war, will let you pay all up front if asked.

Good luck

In my experience they charge you up front which really is BS but thats what they do.

Blizzard charged me in full for Widowmaker few days after placing preorder and it's not scheduled to ship until later this year. Would love to add this statue, but $450 plus shipping and tax is too much to charge now for something that is not coming out until early next year. A deposit would make more sense if it was an option. Likely will wait when statue is out before buying, if it's not sold out.

Big thank you for the replies, guys. Much appreciated.

PermaGrin
07-16-2017, 11:26 AM
You're asking questions I can't answer. :)

I know, just poking fun.

Maybe you can just ask the right person in Blizz, dealing with pieces..."when more of them SC pieces due?" hehe Where the Protoss love? Need a Hydralisk piece. :dork:

And tell them I need some Terran vehicles (a deployable siege tank) about the size of 3A's Rex / Ray. :D

RadAsGhoul
07-18-2017, 12:35 AM
Damn, so Blizz instead of coming up with payment plans, considering that this is the most expensive statue they produced yet, is charging everything upfront now? That's messed up. One thing that seriously suffers with the entire process is - the vendor, and inability to get in touch with them through chat, phone. Sure, you can talk to the CS, but they won't be able to help you out.

No previews, just dropping the bomb like that with Pos or like with Illidan? Sure, it's still available, but I, for one would like to know in advance. Or be able to pay in instalments. Or pay NRD. Definitely not happy about dropping $500 and then waiting for months...

cosmic
07-18-2017, 03:59 AM
You pay in full, I got charged the full amount (inc shipping)

RadAsGhoul
07-18-2017, 01:52 PM
You pay in full, I got charged the full amount (inc shipping)

Which really sucks. Imagine paying close to 1k, and waiting for 6-12 months with no payment plans whatsoever

PermaGrin
07-18-2017, 03:49 PM
Which really sucks. Imagine paying close to 1k, and waiting for 6-12 months with no payment plans whatsoever

Well with some companies we got plenty of practice with waiting times. :laugh:

Around 1k, no plans, almost 2 years :p

Ehollywood
07-20-2017, 06:02 AM
https://youtu.be/dK6tEV4Un7E

Took some video of her at the booth. She's pretty impressive, detailed and big in person LOL. Made me think about spending that $450 right then and there. :)

dominicqwek
07-20-2017, 02:28 PM
https://youtu.be/dK6tEV4Un7E

Took some video of her at the booth. She's pretty impressive, detailed and big in person LOL. Made me think about spending that $450 right then and there. :)

This is why I keep telling people to see her in person. I guess that's what these events are for :)

Glad you like this piece.

PermaGrin
07-20-2017, 03:16 PM
Nah...lots love to judge by pictures. But most pieces not matter how good or bad they look in pics/videos, they look better inperson.

But in the end, it all comes down to what shows up on the doorstep...not the promotional piece.

Wah
07-20-2017, 04:31 PM
Looks impressive. Tempting for sure

RadAsGhoul
07-20-2017, 04:42 PM
Was Hoping for new WoW piece to make an appearance. Ugh... D.Va looks sweet, not going to argue about that.

lewisnfro86
07-22-2017, 03:10 PM
Was Hoping for new WoW piece to make an appearance. Ugh... D.Va looks sweet, not going to argue about that.

Me too

Luminous
07-22-2017, 06:01 PM
This thing looked incredible at the con. I know I've been questioning the price but it simply looks spectacular.

Ehollywood
07-24-2017, 05:58 AM
This thing looked incredible at the con. I know I've been questioning the price but it simply looks spectacular.

Yea, i ended up preordering from the Blizzard Booth after seeing her at the Con in person. Simply stunning from every angle.

testsubject25
07-25-2017, 12:14 PM
ordered. Love this line.

EnShinNoi
07-26-2017, 04:32 AM
Show your support for Blizzard.

The link below will take you to a statueforum voting thread.

Vote for your best statue of SDCC 2017 (http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?p=5482319#post5482319)

PermaGrin
07-26-2017, 10:24 AM
I cant, there were no Starcraft pieces.

:rimshot:

Swordsman
09-10-2017, 07:08 PM

Simply too expensive..

Luminous
09-21-2017, 04:48 PM
Looks like BBTS is now carrying this statue. They have it priced at $550... :peoples:

PermaGrin
09-21-2017, 06:44 PM
Well they are middle-man, they need to mark up to make money too. Just buy from Blizz store anyway.

Hey, F4F's Bowser is only 20 inches at 700 bucks compared to their 200 dollar Marios of the same scale/line.

Luminous
09-21-2017, 10:01 PM
Well they are middle-man, they need to mark up to make money too. Just buy from Blizz store anyway.

Hey, F4F's Bowser is only 20 inches at 700 bucks compared to their 200 dollar Marios of the same scale/line.

Exactly my point. If you're BBTS why bother?

silentwinter92
10-15-2017, 09:24 AM
Exactly my point. If you're BBTS why bother?

For consumers that don't know any better, not surprising since they regularly mark up popular preorder items at a premium.

If i can cash it on the naivety of consumers, why not?

Xenoex
10-30-2017, 11:50 PM
Anybody knows when D.va is due for release from the Blizz store?

silentwinter92
10-31-2017, 02:01 AM
Site says before the end of this year. Should be shipping out soon.

martineaumichae
10-31-2017, 02:05 AM
Anybody knows when D.va is due for release from the Blizz store?

Maybe by BlizzCon. That way they would have something available for sale their as well that's new.

Ehollywood
10-31-2017, 05:41 PM
Maybe by BlizzCon. That way they would have something available for sale their as well that's new.

They'll def have her for sale during Blizzcon.

Vendetta
11-11-2017, 04:07 AM
Just got my shipping notice!

Femto
11-11-2017, 04:29 AM
Just got my shipping notice!

Same here, she’ll be arriving on Tuesday for me! Can’t wait!

Gyro Zeppeli
11-11-2017, 01:22 PM
Yep early next week for me as well. Very nice surprise! It is awesome to see how quickly Blizzard can release these statues!

martineaumichae
11-11-2017, 02:49 PM
I received a UPS Choice notice of Shipping yesturday morning before Blizzard Gear store site even showed it shipped or before receiving the email from them. It will be here today!

Ehollywood
11-11-2017, 03:00 PM
Mine arrives today. Will take pics and vids

Ehollywood
11-11-2017, 10:09 PM
She's here! I posted up some first initial pics I took in this album.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10155238529188565.1073741863.534928564&type=1&l=a4330d5bd4

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23434736_10155238532278565_1434954617438520608_n.jpg?oh=289ede72b672712ed634e9b3f87edffc&oe=5AA997AF
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23549965_10155239302463565_3267712605421576556_o.jpg?oh=bf54c63bd19a05b1636db8a81a2e7fd2&oe=5A94F305
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23511208_10155239302558565_7335502387297916839_o.jpg?oh=dc73b05849f1bcad79a5b16f86374985&oe=5A9F90CD
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23509116_10155239303028565_658318591203117820_o.jpg?oh=3f5c10710f72d95b6d6e2681e6457141&oe=5A938D62
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23456584_10155239302683565_3224218668886602321_o.jpg?oh=8430ad2cd1801d4303df420e21c72c1a&oe=5A67A5CB
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23509395_10155239302443565_3396111599655446666_o.jpg?oh=29bad1f61f3f002b337b734154ab68f9&oe=5A947812
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23415326_10155239302613565_1002948404337539684_o.jpg?oh=3ce02a33e4ceae5cdb40eb2e6a1fe4c7&oe=5A99E1C1
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23456254_10155239302448565_7030447051031057978_o.jpg?oh=1fceae50f979e46bc7579d54d74366bc&oe=5AA6FFE0
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23467340_10155239302903565_6122958928975742986_o.jpg?oh=b3de8316e2b1e501478a3ecdc4936cf5&oe=5AAABB02
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23415570_10155239302813565_3859278830934728085_o.jpg?oh=9c4a681c62b2d4402a0b87896f18c30c&oe=5AAA9D34

martineaumichae
11-12-2017, 01:09 AM
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10155238529188565.1073741863.534928564&type=1&l=a4330d5bd4

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23434736_10155238532278565_1434954617438520608_n.jpg?oh=289ede72b672712ed634e9b3f87edffc&oe=5AA997AF
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23472765_10155238532413565_667147621720875105_n.jpg?oh=52f94ca66bfc62f9d66bc1df661c01b6&oe=5AA8B7B0
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23472981_10155238532488565_6784832171025800586_n.jpg?oh=e5dbb9f21886a2fdd3a2b5f11ec27b28&oe=5A937336
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23519120_10155238532533565_480464630564679562_n.jpg?oh=0e96d2a11e8decbf321441c6e4a0e67e&oe=5AA710D5
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23376298_10155238532603565_184107626982102922_n.jpg?oh=333590c4584c651d84b26fb16cd81176&oe=5A6B2DB2
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23434732_10155238532703565_119263325232988660_n.jpg?oh=2617cc28ec97ddb3cc32aeabfda2b77d&oe=5A9FE0C7
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23559739_10155238532798565_5769684132689093676_n.jpg?oh=5f405e1805743442dca794f29f7fc42c&oe=5A68BD1C
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23472826_10155238532943565_7234206470974723621_n.jpg?oh=e50c30fe80c7889d6508f7705716dee3&oe=5AA05F87
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23434815_10155238533123565_5356314007967934787_n.jpg?oh=a95b5ac83f0098920ac77c0dcd111090&oe=5AA3129E
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23379877_10155238533298565_5796097857221690813_n.jpg?oh=a4c908b9edcf669b429b9d78c535f9d7&oe=5AA41F2A

Looks Great!

Mine was suppose to arrive today. Was out for delivery and then received a delayed status. Called and UPS told me it was a random inspection and my package was randomly selected to be inspected and that I get it now on Monday. I sure hope they were gentle when opening it and there isn't any issues with it...

JustPeachy
11-12-2017, 01:42 AM

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23472765_10155238532413565_667147621720875105_n.jpg?oh=52f94ca66bfc62f9d66bc1df661c01b6&oe=5AA8B7B0
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23472981_10155238532488565_6784832171025800586_n.jpg?oh=e5dbb9f21886a2fdd3a2b5f11ec27b28&oe=5A937336
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23519120_10155238532533565_480464630564679562_n.jpg?oh=0e96d2a11e8decbf321441c6e4a0e67e&oe=5AA710D5
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23376298_10155238532603565_184107626982102922_n.jpg?oh=333590c4584c651d84b26fb16cd81176&oe=5A6B2DB2
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23434732_10155238532703565_119263325232988660_n.jpg?oh=2617cc28ec97ddb3cc32aeabfda2b77d&oe=5A9FE0C7
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23559739_10155238532798565_5769684132689093676_n.jpg?oh=5f405e1805743442dca794f29f7fc42c&oe=5A68BD1C
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23472826_10155238532943565_7234206470974723621_n.jpg?oh=e50c30fe80c7889d6508f7705716dee3&oe=5AA05F87
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23434815_10155238533123565_5356314007967934787_n.jpg?oh=a95b5ac83f0098920ac77c0dcd111090&oe=5AA3129E
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23379877_10155238533298565_5796097857221690813_n.jpg?oh=a4c908b9edcf669b429b9d78c535f9d7&oe=5AA41F2A

Looks amazing! I might have to cave in and buy her now instead of later. What's the edition size for this release? It should say on the outside of the shipping cardboard. Widowmaker was a total of 13,000 statues, so I'm curious if this one is much less?

Ehollywood
11-12-2017, 06:28 AM
Looks amazing! I might have to cave in and buy her now instead of later. What's the edition size for this release? It should say on the outside of the shipping cardboard. Widowmaker was a total of 13,000 statues, so I'm curious if this one is much less?

It says 6000

cyrax83
11-12-2017, 09:05 AM
Verdict? Mine's on the way

gamegod2x
11-12-2017, 11:43 AM
Just curious, can someone post this next to Grommash or Illidian statue?

Ehollywood
11-12-2017, 05:38 PM
Took some more pics and some video of her outside today :)

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23592184_10155240369298565_3825417111596908384_o.j pg?oh=868cdccc92c87b31419c54344e19ecc3&oe=5A9D8DD5
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23509250_10155240370363565_6770999117025514078_o.j pg?oh=684a3da3fa73697b14b0c692c4e59133&oe=5A649B87
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23511098_10155240369293565_4934080475409577284_o.j pg?oh=4c80bbebdb9d545af0edb058e1b5daaa&oe=5A652AB2
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23467229_10155240369108565_6060284070568389300_o.j pg?oh=328d6e41a73792b5d92bc976e5a8e6c3&oe=5AA6D601
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23509445_10155240369693565_1521247316050358333_o.j pg?oh=d857e80ab67e9d8c046d1f04607954c0&oe=5A636FF1
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23456654_10155240369348565_4979027186121040202_o.j pg?oh=52646c732f78fb5be4eb9df860fa173a&oe=5A941260
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23551066_10155240369923565_2475455098890105728_o.j pg?oh=3bb19908dbd18982196f020b5a5d0ac3&oe=5A65FF2A
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23509452_10155240369488565_6411335047143207300_o.j pg?oh=2dc8f5b4fbfc8eb3584475158e9697b4&oe=5A925F66
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23456647_10155240369483565_5941499232324663128_o.j pg?oh=90534333443d28cd2e2a44173e63a41a&oe=5A65E6E9

Ehollywood
11-12-2017, 05:39 PM
And here's a lil video and pic of her in a Detolf shelf.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23551079_10155240369113565_399539613557483087_o.jp g?oh=2685c767c8d0a9c405d12c2d05f43f7f&oe=5A93A9BA
https://image.ibb.co/fP9gTG/20171112_134155.jpg

https://youtu.be/21Y8YOe57sA

PermaGrin
11-12-2017, 07:35 PM
Your bucket is starting to fail some.

I feel the face is slightly off.
But I dont play the game/her, so memory might be off also.

cyrax83
11-12-2017, 08:30 PM
Face looks fine to me. Better than I expected to be honest

Silverine
11-13-2017, 03:10 AM
Your bucket is starting to fail some.

I feel the face is slightly off.
But I dont play the game/her, so memory might be off also.

For a figure this small the face is fine, and I play her a lot :)

Gyro Zeppeli
11-15-2017, 12:15 AM
Just opened mine. Some slight paint blemishes/imperfections all over, but nothing that really hinders the piece. It is massive. The pictures don't do her justice in terms of scale. If you wonder why she is so expensive, try picking her up. She is probably my heaviest figure. I think she may be heavier than Prime 1's 1/3 Dark Knight Returns Batman, but I'm not sure.

Really awesome. I love being able to buy figures from a company like Blizzard. They churn these out at a reasonable pace and you don't have to wait years for them either. Good prices and good quality too. Best case scenario for us Blizzard fans.

Oh and very nice packaging too. This is up there with F4F in terms of securing the statue. I had no fear of breakage when opening it.

Xenoex
11-15-2017, 12:29 AM
Thats great news! Looked up some youtube unboxing vids and the box is absolutely huge indeed. Can't wait to receive mine!

Ehollywood
11-16-2017, 03:32 PM
https://image.ibb.co/b90enm/20171113_120634.jpg

Ulfnar
11-17-2017, 01:46 PM
Welp, Fedex / Blizzard did the whole improperly declaring my taxes and charged me tax again at the door despite having already paid the tax prior to shipping. and like last time, i doubt i'm going to be able to get the tax back again.

Luminous
11-17-2017, 02:00 PM
Welp, Fedex / Blizzard did the whole improperly declaring my taxes and charged me tax again at the door despite having already paid the tax prior to shipping. and like last time, i doubt i'm going to be able to get the tax back again.

Couldn't you have refused the package?

Gyro Zeppeli
11-17-2017, 03:16 PM
I keep coming back to this statue. She looks so amazing in hand. I love it. The robot is so imposing too. I wish there were more mecha statues in general.

Ulfnar
11-17-2017, 03:23 PM
Couldn't you have refused the package?

catch 22 is that I actually want the statue lol.

I've grabbed my credit card statements and the original email receipts from blizzard etc and forwarded them to fedex's customs and tax dispute department with my issue. I'm hoping i can convince them to refund me and go after blizzard for the taxes.

BiaLos
11-17-2017, 03:43 PM
If they billed you incorrectly, can't you do a charge back for the incorrect amount? Assuming Blizzard doesn't take ownership of the error.

Luminous
11-17-2017, 03:50 PM
catch 22 is that I actually want the statue lol.

I've grabbed my credit card statements and the original email receipts from blizzard etc and forwarded them to fedex's customs and tax dispute department with my issue. I'm hoping i can convince them to refund me and go after blizzard for the taxes.

Yeah, I get that. However, I wouldn't pay for someone else's mistake. Not to mention that refusing the package may have been your best chance to resolve the issue. These statues are open editions and as such will be readily available for the foreseeable future. So there is no rush. Refusing the package sends the statue back on Blizzard's dime and they would owe you a complete refund should they not resolve the matter. Instead you've accepted to pay for the extra fees and will likely have to jump through hoops to get what is owed to you.

Ulfnar
11-17-2017, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I get that. However, I wouldn't pay for someone else's mistake. Not to mention that refusing the package may have been your best chance to resolve the issue. These statues are open editions and as such will be readily available for the foreseeable future. So there is no rush. Refusing the package sends the statue back on Blizzard's dime and they would owe you a complete refund should they not resolve the matter. Instead you've accepted to pay for the extra fees and will likely have to jump through hoops to get what is owed to you.

Yea, i see what you're saying. that may have been the best way to play it, it didn't even occur to me to refuse the package at delivery though.

Luminous
11-17-2017, 05:19 PM
Yea, i see what you're saying. that may have been the best way to play it, it didn't even occur to me to refuse the package at delivery though.

Yeah, probably easier for someone like me, who is outside of the situation, to suggest after the fact. I hope it didn't come off as a criticism. Just wanted to point out an alternative way to handle it. I really hope you get your money back. I don't envy those who have to deal with import duties, taxes upon arrival, custom fees, etc, etc.

Vendetta
11-17-2017, 06:46 PM
Got mine today and just set it up - as I briefly inspected each piece, I saw a number of paint mishaps and perhaps odd attempts at weathering that disappointed me, but I kind of forgot about them after setting the whole thing up - this thing has quite a bit of presence for a 1/6th scale statue.

I was hoping for more of a pristine / automotive paint job, but I think that's actually more difficult to execute (I believe it's the main reason P1 gave for their Eva statues being so expensive).

The paint is in-line with the rest of the line, which is ultimately acceptable quality at $150 a pop but harder to feel good about at $450. I don't regret getting D.Va as I enjoy the character design and think the statue will still look awesome in my display; the only major negative for me is that the paint job falls short of my expectations (was hoping for quality in-line with their $350 1/5 Warcraft stuff - was definitely more impressed with the paint on my Sylvanas).

Ulfnar
11-17-2017, 06:49 PM
Yeah, probably easier for someone like me, who is outside of the situation, to suggest after the fact. I hope it didn't come off as a criticism. Just wanted to point out an alternative way to handle it. I really hope you get your money back. I don't envy those who have to deal with import duties, taxes upon arrival, custom fees, etc, etc.

No worries, here's the the thing with criticism, if it's constructive, goal oriented, and useful with a clear action plan for now or the future, it demonstrates actual caring about helping someone. I don't see how anyone would be upset receiving constructive criticism like that.

Thanks for the good idea for next time if it happens again, i appreciate it.

Luminous
11-17-2017, 09:57 PM
No worries, here's the the thing with criticism, if it's constructive, goal oriented, and useful with a clear action plan for now or the future, it demonstrates actual caring about helping someone. I don't see how anyone would be upset receiving constructive criticism like that.

Thanks for the good idea for next time if it happens again, i appreciate it.

No problem. Like I said, I hope they make it right for you.

SDguy
11-18-2017, 06:24 AM
Finally assembled D.Va tonight. She is shockingly big and heavy. Legs are 6 pounds, torso another 10... didn't check the rest. Some of the weathering paint app is nicely done, some is not. Some lines are crisp and straight, some are not. Overall a nice piece for the price.

http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=109426&d=1511000622

cyrax83
11-20-2017, 04:58 AM
So disappointed. My DVA came scratched right out of the box - defective product. Going to cry :waa:

*sigh* Paid all that money for international shipping and this happens. I'll contact Blizzard but they may not do anything? :waah:

https://i.imgur.com/I69Jb2k.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/g9hxnpI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gSt90kM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/y44SKY2.jpg

Vendetta
11-20-2017, 04:12 PM
I have a scratch or two on the transparent canopy too. I can be a bit nit-picky about things, but for some reason I think I'm just going to settle for what I have in the condition it's in (some of the weathering is pretty shoddy, and some of the paint just isn't the best) because it still looks quite good when it's set up.

Maybe the sheer weight and size of this thing plays a role too (it's a lot easier hauling a Widowmaker back to UPS than this monstrosity).

cyrax83
11-20-2017, 07:09 PM
I have good news and bad news

Bad news - Blizzard wanted me to ship the whole thing back to them - it would have cost me more than half of the total purchase price to send back. I tried a few reps and all said the same thing. Really not impressed at their service for international customers who get defective product straight out of the box. I really don't understand how they could ship with an ugly scratch bang spot in the middle.

Good news - I managed to buff the scratch out. It now looks great.

https://i.imgur.com/NG9wPlP.jpg

Ehollywood
11-21-2017, 03:47 AM
I have good news and bad news

Bad news - Blizzard wanted me to ship the whole thing back to them - it would have cost me more than half of the total purchase price to send back. I tried a few reps and all said the same thing. Really not impressed at their service for international customers who get defective product straight out of the box. I really don't understand how they could ship with an ugly scratch bang spot in the middle.

https://i.imgur.com/NG9wPlP.jpg

nice pic!
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=378449&d=1511233722

Xenoex
11-21-2017, 03:49 AM
Finally received and unboxed my copy. Overall good paintjob with just a few very minor imperfections typical of mass produced statues. I'm very happy with it and feel it is actually worth the $450 asking price! Actually liking it more than my Widowmaker and Tracer statues.

Bad news - Blizzard wanted me to ship the whole thing back to them

Good to hear you were able to buff the scratch away, it looks very smooth in the new picture you posted :)

Blizzard's return policy really sucks though, it is very unfair to you (or any other buyers) as you were essentially shipped a product with a defect. :mad: Guess they don't really care as for every 1 customer that won't buy from them again due to being unhappy with their return policy, there will be 10 more new fans/buyers of their statues.

cyrax83
11-21-2017, 05:51 AM
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=378450&d=1511233739

Vendetta
11-21-2017, 11:34 AM
Finally received and unboxed my copy. Overall good paintjob with just a few very minor imperfections typical of mass produced statues. I'm very happy with it and feel it is actually worth the $450 asking price! Actually liking it more than my Widowmaker and Tracer statues.

Good to hear you were able to buff the scratch away, it looks very smooth in the new picture you posted :)

Blizzard's return policy really sucks though, it is very unfair to you (or any other buyers) as you were essentially shipped a product with a defect. :mad: Guess they don't really care as for every 1 customer that won't buy from them again due to being unhappy with their return policy, there will be 10 more new fans/buyers of their statues.

I think it's an unfortunate aspect for international buyers. As a domestic buyer, I've found the customer service to be at least on par with Sideshow's - I've had to return Widowmaker and Illidan due to defects / breakage, and I was able to get replacements with them paying for shipping of the damaged statue back to them and shipping of the new statue back to me.

The one thing that's a bit annoying is having to ship the whole statue back, even if the issue is on a small piece that attaches to the main statue; I think this is an element of their policy that they could revisit, at least for international customers.

On a related note, I feel OK about the $450 price too, and for me this is by far my favorite of the five statues I have so far (including Soldier 76 from the CE). I'm probably just a sucker for the size of this thing, but I love the presence it has. I just wish they'd improve the finish on these things so it'd be at least on par with their Warcraft line.

Ulfnar
11-21-2017, 12:19 PM
I think it's an unfortunate aspect for international buyers. As a domestic buyer, I've found the customer service to be at least on par with Sideshow's - I've had to return Widowmaker and Illidan due to defects / breakage, and I was able to get replacements with them paying for shipping of the damaged statue back to them and shipping of the new statue back to me.

The one thing that's a bit annoying is having to ship the whole statue back, even if the issue is on a small piece that attaches to the main statue; I think this is an element of their policy that they could revisit, at least for international customers.

On a related note, I feel OK about the $450 price too, and for me this is by far my favorite of the five statues I have so far (including Soldier 76 from the CE). I'm probably just a sucker for the size of this thing, but I love the presence it has. I just wish they'd improve the finish on these things so it'd be at least on par with their Warcraft line.

I think one issue with these statues versus the warcraft statues that leads the finish and paint to look worse overall is the fact that the warcraft sculpts have an immense amount of texturing on the various surfaces that mimics detail, or makes painting those details easier.

I actually don't think the paint quality is much different between the two lines, just that the overwatch characters due to their cartoon/anime inspired style, there isn't a focus on gritty texturing and realism, and as such, all details have to be painted on perfectly, whereas a lot of the details on the warcraft statues get done with an undercoat and a dry brush to bring out the raised areas of the texturing, which looks really good and is really easy to do.

TLDR - i think it's harder to paint the statues well with the overwatch art style than the heavily textured warcraft statues.

gamegod2x
12-21-2018, 07:20 AM
FYI, she is on sale for $315

https://gear.blizzard.com/us/ow-dva-statue

JusticeIsBlind
06-21-2020, 02:47 PM
does this ever go on sale on the uk/eu store? keep checking and seeing the US site has it on sale but never see anything for europe