PDA

View Full Version : Tsume Grendizer

yeek
07-11-2017, 03:19 PM
Just wondering did anyone order the Grendizer from Tsume? I was curious to see if there were any updates regarding this thing.

Crash421
07-17-2017, 10:05 AM
They're going back and refining some of the details last I heard. As far as I know he's still on track for the end of this year.

Gyro Zeppeli
07-17-2017, 07:14 PM
I hope they do a Getter Robo.

Crash421
07-17-2017, 11:35 PM
I hope they do a Getter Robo.

Heck yeah! So many choices with them! I'm hoping for a Jeeg Robo as well.

yeek
07-18-2017, 12:48 AM
Great, thanks for the update

oddmania
07-20-2017, 06:26 AM
Just wondering did anyone order the Grendizer from Tsume? I was curious to see if there were any updates regarding this thing.

I ordered 2 pieces, they say it will be released in October.

Joppula
09-19-2017, 06:50 AM
Mazinger Z please!

Kibachan
11-28-2017, 07:15 AM
Hello guys.

We have had some updates from the Factory and the latest pictures will be posted during our Livestream on December 1rst.

Grendizer will start to be shipped to us at the beginning of next year.

We are sorry about the delay and are doing our best so that this statue reaches your expectations.

yeek
12-11-2017, 03:57 AM
Hello guys.

We have had some updates from the Factory and the latest pictures will be posted during our Livestream on December 1rst.

Grendizer will start to be shipped to us at the beginning of next year.

We are sorry about the delay and are doing our best so that this statue reaches your expectations.

Great, could you post some pics of it here?

Crash421
12-13-2017, 03:38 PM
Great, could you post some pics of it here?

These are pics from an event a few weeks ago. Not my photos or me :D

Crash421
12-15-2017, 12:14 PM
One more pic.

yeek
12-20-2017, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the pics!

oddmania
02-02-2018, 11:46 AM
According to their blog it will be shipped sometime around March, but I get the feeling it will be delayed.

Crash421
02-03-2018, 12:42 AM
According to their blog it will be shipped sometime around March, but I get the feeling it will be delayed.

First batch of these are done. Much like Majin Vegeta, the first load is on its way to them for final QC. The remainder will be sent after Chinese New Year.

oddmania
02-12-2018, 11:02 AM
Here is the reply from tsume-art:
Hello. Shipping will start from March. You can follow the latest information here : https://www.tsume-art.com/en/blog/production-update-for-january

oddmania
03-02-2018, 07:47 AM
Just received it:
Dear customer,

Thank you for purchasing our UFO Robot Grendizer - Ultra Collector Edition HQS+ by TSUM.

As you may know, the production of UFO Robot Grendizer - Ultra Collector Edition HQS+ by TSUM will be shipped to us in several batches from the factory. We will do our best to ensure your order to be delivered as soon as possible, however, depending on the quantities we will receive, we cannot guaranty you a shipping from the first batch. Please do not worry, as soon as your order is ready to be shipped, we will inform you by sending you a tracking number at this e-mail address. We would thus like to confirm with you your delivery address and phone number.
Here are the current details we have:

Crash421
03-02-2018, 08:48 AM
Just received it:
Dear customer,

Thank you for purchasing our UFO Robot Grendizer - Ultra Collector Edition HQS+ by TSUM.

As you may know, the production of UFO Robot Grendizer - Ultra Collector Edition HQS+ by TSUM will be shipped to us in several batches from the factory. We will do our best to ensure your order to be delivered as soon as possible, however, depending on the quantities we will receive, we cannot guaranty you a shipping from the first batch. Please do not worry, as soon as your order is ready to be shipped, we will inform you by sending you a tracking number at this e-mail address. We would thus like to confirm with you your delivery address and phone number.
Here are the current details we have:

Got it too! I can’t wait!

yeek
03-02-2018, 01:09 PM
Awesome, got the email too! So excited it’s coming soon...

yeek
04-09-2018, 01:57 PM
Any updates on this? We’re almost to mid April, just curious if anyone has heard anything.

Drakull
04-09-2018, 05:29 PM
From Tsume facebook, they are closed to receive fist wave for this statue

oddmania
04-11-2018, 06:09 AM
Got this email from Tsume Arts:

Hello.

Thank you for contacting us regarding your purchase. The shipments of Grendizer is being delayed by the customs. We are doing our best to have it brought to our warehouse soon.

We are hoping to start shipping the statues next week. If you have not received any tracking number before your leave, please notify us.

We would like to apologize for the wait and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards

The Tsume team.

Armored_Berserk
05-08-2018, 04:32 PM
No news? I've a friend who is waiting for his.

Crash421
05-09-2018, 11:38 AM
No news? I've a friend who is waiting for his.

These were posted on Cyril’s Instagram a few days ago. They currently aren’t shipping anything in preparation for Tsume Fan Days. Last I heard shipping will resume in June.

Armored_Berserk
05-10-2018, 02:29 AM
Thanks for the info!

Stormrider
05-13-2018, 12:17 PM
These were posted on Cyril’s Instagram a few days ago. They currently aren’t shipping anything in preparation for Tsume Fan Days. Last I heard shipping will resume in June.

Thanks for the info,can’t wait for mine

Crash421
05-13-2018, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the info,can’t wait for mine

No problem! With Tsume Fan Days the weekend of the 19th, I’m sure we’ll get loads of info. Not only new stuff, but updates on the current projects. Can’t wait!

majestic1
05-13-2018, 02:32 PM

What exactly is this event ? Is is like a mini SDCC just for Tsume ?

I'd love to see something from their Berserk license get revealed or maybe Kenshiro from HNK.

Crash421
05-13-2018, 09:28 PM
What exactly is this event ? Is is like a mini SDCC just for Tsume ?

I'd love to see something from their Berserk license get revealed or maybe Kenshiro from HNK.

It’s a 3 day event they hold roughly every year to announce and reveal their next set of projects and licenses. I’m really hoping for their Berserk line and their My Hero Academia line to be shown off. We’ll lo find out next week!

majestic1
05-14-2018, 04:02 AM
It’s a 3 day event they hold roughly every year to announce and reveal their next set of projects and licenses. I’m really hoping for their Berserk line and their My Hero Academia line to be shown off. We’ll lo find out next week!

oddmania
05-16-2018, 06:52 AM
Latest email

Hello Alomar,

And sorry for the delay. We are doing our maximum to get it shipped as soon as possible. For safety's purposes, we decided to check 10 pieces in order to see if everything was fine. We will do the sendings on the last week of May.

My apologies for the inconvenience,
Jeremy

Crash421
05-16-2018, 07:54 AM
News letter is up on their website. They’re doing random checks for added QC. The delay was due to them having the factory redo the blue so it looked metallic. We’ll start seeing shipments in June.

yeek
07-05-2018, 01:51 AM
So the latest update has them encountering more “problems” with this statue. It’s crazy that I’ve paid it off so long ago and given an address update but this whole time they’ve had no intention of shipping this thing out. It’ll soon be 3 years since PO. Latest update has them shipping out at the end of August now. For some reason I don’t believe it.

HiTMAN
11-29-2018, 06:43 AM
Apparently this statue is shipping on a pallet :eek:

Anyone understand what they meant by, they will send photos of the actual item prior to shipping and we will then have the option to opt out for the second batch.

Are there still QC issues? I thought all the delays was to fix this.

Crash421
11-29-2018, 07:50 AM
Apparently this statue is shipping on a pallet :eek:

Anyone understand what they meant by, they will send photos of the actual item prior to shipping and we will then have the option to opt out for the second batch.

Are there still QC issues? I thought all the delays was to fix this.

The piece will have to be shipped in two large boxes apparently. So in order to minimize handling and separation they will ship them both together on a pallet so as to create one package. They want to minimize returns for anyone that may not be happy with the paint (repaint in this case) or small details.

yeek
12-02-2018, 02:07 PM
Please post if anyone receives a shipping confirmation. If they’re repainted shouldn’t those be fine?

DeadGhostKnight
12-02-2018, 02:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5hO4bK0fhE

Unboxing.

It really does look stunning! I wish they had given Mazinger/Getter this treatment i really do.

Crash421
12-02-2018, 03:29 PM

Unboxing.

It really does look stunning! I wish they had given Mazinger/Getter this treatment i really do.

Agreed. Unfortunately this line is a one and done. Maybe if there’s enough interest they’ll be willing to do more of the Go Nagai robots. I would love a Great Mazinger, Jeeg Robo and all the rest!

HiTMAN
12-02-2018, 06:49 PM
The piece will have to be shipped in two large boxes apparently. So in order to minimize handling and separation they will ship them both together on a pallet so as to create one package. They want to minimize returns for anyone that may not be happy with the paint (repaint in this case) or small details.

I see, thanks Crash.

Unboxing.

Amazing, looking forward to this one. I grew up watching Grendizer, probably what got me into anime, that and Combattler V.

yeek
12-03-2018, 01:40 PM
Thanks for posting the video, looks amazing. I also wish they’d continue the line but I’m glad we get Grendizer. He was also my first that got me started the love for shogun warriors, etc.

Drakul
12-04-2018, 09:31 PM
Looks fantastic.

qz33
12-05-2018, 01:48 AM
Man whatever this is sure looks good.

oddmania
02-12-2019, 05:40 AM
I recently found out the delays made by Tsume-Art is because the don't know how to fix the issues with the statue such as, the body can't support Double Spazer when attaching it to Grendizer's back, When turning the light's in the eye's the entire face turns in to one flash light, Also they can't get the paint job especially the weathering done correctly.

I've contacted Tsume-Art twice regarding this issue but they didn't reply. So I'm considering contacting my credit card company to issue a refund.

My friend who owns an anime store provided me with this information, He also mentioned that a few got the prototype which came with a note saying Grendizer doesn't support Spazer and they are not responsible if it gets damaged and a few have canceled their orders due to all the delays.

You can buy the prototype from the NBK Mall in Thailand for 1700 $.

yeek
02-13-2019, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the update oddmania. This statue was so ambitious from the start and I know they really wanted to knock it out of the park as one of their initial offerings but I guess some engineering issues weren’t too thought out. I’m still very much looking forward to it, I guess it’ll come when it comes at this point.

oddmania
02-17-2019, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the update oddmania. This statue was so ambitious from the start and I know they really wanted to knock it out of the park as one of their initial offerings but I guess some engineering issues weren’t too thought out. I’m still very much looking forward to it, I guess it’ll come when it comes at this point.

They contacted me on Friday saying they are currently issuing full refunds for whom ever ask's for it.

yeek
02-18-2019, 04:20 PM
They contacted me on Friday saying they are currently issuing full refunds for whom ever ask's for it.

Really? Dang, do you think they’ll ever solve the issues and ship these out? I still would like to get the piece but if they think things can’t be fixed then I wouldn’t mind getting the funds back since it was a substantial amount. What are you gonna do?

oddmania
02-19-2019, 05:53 AM
Really? Dang, do you think they’ll ever solve the issues and ship these out? I still would like to get the piece but if they think things can’t be fixed then I wouldn’t mind getting the funds back since it was a substantial amount. What are you gonna do?

They have till the end of February to either ship it or provide a shipping date, I they can't then I'll demand a full refund. I ordered 2 BTW.

I'm an engineer and also work with resin statues / figures, What I would do is make the legs and torso into one piece and have a metal beam through it to support the weight.
Double Spaizer should be semi cast if I wanted to fix it on Grendizer's back or fully cast and have it displayed on a base.
The cockpit should be sculptured to fix the issues with the light that are generated from the eyes.

yeek
02-19-2019, 05:45 PM
They have till the end of February to either ship it or provide a shipping date, I they can't then I'll demand a full refund. I ordered 2 BTW.

I'm an engineer and also work with resin statues / figures, What I would do is make the legs and torso into one piece and have a metal beam through it to support the weight.
Double Spaizer should be semi cast if I wanted to fix it on Grendizer's back or fully cast and have it displayed on a base.
The cockpit should be sculptured to fix the issues with the light that are generated from the eyes.

Good to know, thanks for the info! I guess I’ll wait a bit longer and see if anything happens but my hope is dwindling.

oddmania
02-20-2019, 05:05 AM
Good to know, thanks for the info! I guess I’ll wait a bit longer and see if anything happens but my hope is dwindling.

Just contacted them again asking about a confirmed shipping date, If they can’t provide that, I will cancel mine.

HiTMAN
03-03-2019, 02:20 AM
I'm really disappointed with how Tsume's handling this whole situation.

I remember placing my order back in 2015 and ever since it's been one of my most anticipated releases, now fast forward 3 years and still nothing. I usually don't mind delays if the end product comes out flawless or close to prototype but all this feedback is concerning.

This is beyond ridiculous, they really need to sort out their production and issues with the factory.

oddmania
03-03-2019, 05:44 AM
Below you'll find my resent conversation with them.

Hello Ebraheem,

And thank you for waiting. We will receive containers for Mid March. If you are willing to wait a little longer, we may have it shipped in the weeks to come (counting from Mid March).

Best Regards,
Jeremy

28-02-2019 17:48

Dear Jeremy, I’ll wait till the mid April, delays after will result in a refund and a lawsuit. Thank you.

HiTMAN
03-06-2019, 05:44 AM
Thanks for the update.

d rod
03-06-2019, 07:47 PM
I tell you what though, that is one sweet looking statue. I grew up watching Mazinger Z as a kid in Venezuela so I'm a huge fan. (Only had like 2 cartoons there)

oddmania
03-07-2019, 06:46 AM
I tell you what though, that is one sweet looking statue. I grew up watching Mazinger Z as a kid in Venezuela so I'm a huge fan. (Only had like 2 cartoons there)

Did you know the original artiest who made Grendizer for Tsume-art also made Mazinger-Z statue.

oddmania
03-07-2019, 12:47 PM
Just received it:

Hello,

And thank you for waiting. As stated in my previous message, we will receive some pieces in a few days. We've already booked 2 pieces for you so that it may be shipped within the time frame you wish (Mid April).

Best Regards,
Jeremy

oddmania
03-07-2019, 12:50 PM
Unfortunately in some cases you have to use threats and warnings.

d rod
03-07-2019, 05:31 PM
Did you know the original artiest who made Grendizer for Tsume-art also made Mazinger-Z statue.

Did not know that. Pretty cool!

oddmania
03-15-2019, 01:34 PM
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3020209494670842&id=134806013211932

Armored_Berserk
04-05-2019, 12:37 PM
People start to receive theirs right now, a friend of mine received it this week and looks like it was worth the wait.

yeek
04-06-2019, 02:53 AM
People start to receive theirs right now, a friend of mine received it this week and looks like it was worth the wait.

Where is your friend located?

Armored_Berserk
04-06-2019, 04:35 PM
Where is your friend located?

France

yeek
04-07-2019, 12:07 PM
France

Thanks

oddmania
04-09-2019, 05:53 AM
I emailed them yesterday saying if it didn't ship by the 16th you'll refund me.

Nicobra
04-15-2019, 08:55 AM
I know that 3 years of waiting is too long!
But there are only a few weeks to wait and believe me, the result is PERFECT!
In addition the price of the statues has increased so much that it is really not expensive for such a beautiful monster!

oddmania
04-16-2019, 04:51 AM
I know that 3 years of waiting is too long!
But there are only a few weeks to wait and believe me, the result is PERFECT!
In addition the price of the statues has increased so much that it is really not expensive for such a beautiful monster!

Guess what it'll be delayed cuz they can't fix Double Spazer on his back.

Just emailed them to cancel my order, this is a F**ked up company who clearly chose a project the couldn't handle and there customer service is by far the worst I've seen.

Never leave it to the French to do a Japanese job.

oddmania
04-16-2019, 03:09 PM
Just got an email from them:

Dear Ebraheem,

I permett to contact you following your request.

Given the situation, we comply with your request for refund by taking the bank fees at our expense.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience.

As a gesture of good faith, we propose to send you at our expense two t-shirts of your choice on our available products.

We apologize again for the delay and inconvenience.

By remaining at your disposal for any additional request that you deem useful,

Yours faithfully,

Simon

yeek
04-18-2019, 10:23 AM
Sorry to hear about the cancellation oddmania, I still don’t know what to do at this point.

oddmania
04-20-2019, 03:24 PM
Sorry to hear about the cancellation oddmania, I still don’t know what to do at this point.

Their way over their heads with this project, so far they’ve had more than 17 cancellations.

That tells you something about this company.

oddmania
04-25-2019, 06:19 AM
I've just received my refund from this stupid company, though it's missing around 200 $ ( PayPal fee's and credit card fee's ) which I'm going to pull from their teeth.
I spoke with the a few week's ago at Dubai comic and movie convention, Grendizer was nowhere to be seen, They didn't have anything to say except they'll refund as soon as their done with the convention but the statue might get pushed to June 2020.

Know I'm not trying to make people cancel their order's, I just think it's an information that should be shared.

Crash421
06-21-2019, 04:35 PM
I’m hand AND AMAZING!!! Holy crap he’s huge with a bunch of display options. Well worth the wait!!!! Will post better pics later, was tired last night, but HAD to open this bad boy up!!!

yeek
06-23-2019, 11:48 AM
Just picked mine up Friday from dhl, couldn’t even fit both boxes in one trip. I’ll need to take time this week and open it.

Crash421
06-23-2019, 05:41 PM
Just picked mine up Friday from dhl, couldn’t even fit both boxes in one trip. I’ll need to take time this week and open it.

Congratulations!!! He’s freaking awesome!

yeek
06-24-2019, 10:02 AM
Congratulations!!! He’s freaking awesome!

Thanks! Yeah a long wait, tested my patience a few times, but ultimately decided to just forget about it and when it comes it comes.

Your pics look amazing! Glad it turned out awesome. I’ll need to make room before I open this bad boy up.

Drakul
06-25-2019, 11:27 AM
Grats!!! I love Grendizer but I didn't get this one :(

HiTMAN
07-01-2019, 04:11 AM
Congrats guys, I received mine 2 weeks ago but sadly arrived broken :(

Hopefully they sort it out, for now the long wait continues.

Crash421
07-01-2019, 04:52 AM

They’re very good about, just have to be patient. What arrived damaged for you?

yeek
07-01-2019, 11:29 AM

Aw man, sorry to hear that. What part was broken?

HiTMAN
07-01-2019, 02:17 PM
They’re very good about, just have to be patient. What arrived damaged for you?

Aw man, sorry to hear that. What part was broken?

Unfortunately it was the base, the leg is completed broken off. It remained in one piece though, some of the debris broke off as well. The base is extremely heavy and I don't know if that area is reinforced that well. I never got around to inspecting the rest, kind of gave up after that.

VaultMan
07-01-2019, 02:20 PM
I see posts back to 2017 - anyone get this yet?

VaultMan
07-01-2019, 02:22 PM
I'm really disappointed with how Tsume's handling this whole situation.

I remember placing my order back in 2015 and ever since it's been one of my most anticipated releases, now fast forward 3 years and still nothing. I usually don't mind delays if the end product comes out flawless or close to prototype but all this feedback is concerning.

This is beyond ridiculous, they really need to sort out their production and issues with the factory.

Four years? Aw man, sorry about that. That sucks. I've been there too...damn frustrating

yeek
07-02-2019, 09:16 AM
Unfortunately it was the base, the leg is completed broken off. It remained in one piece though, some of the debris broke off as well. The base is extremely heavy and I don't know if that area is reinforced that well. I never got around to inspecting the rest, kind of gave up after that.

Ugh that’s heartbreaking. Yeah the base is so heavy that it seems any kind of jarring movement could cause a break. Hope tsume replaces it soon for you.

HiTMAN
07-03-2019, 10:07 AM
Thanks guys, hopefully I hear back from them soon.

Crash421
07-03-2019, 04:10 PM
Thanks guys, hopefully I hear back from them soon.

It usually takes about 2-3 business days for responses, but they will definitely take care of you. I’m having one of the wings replaced on my double spacer due to damage as well.