PDA

View Full Version : Batman Legendary Scale Figure

Pages : [1] 2

BurningRage
07-18-2017, 07:28 AM
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/1125x682_previewbanner_BatmanLSF_SmallVersion_nocc.jpg

BurningRage
07-18-2017, 07:31 AM
Hope they make WW and Superman and it doesn't get cancelled like Catwoman.

EnShinNoi
07-18-2017, 07:43 AM
I completely forgot these were once a thing. I assumed they scrapped all their 1:2 scale plans. With 1:3 scale now a norm, I suppose the market has reopened for even larger, more expensive statues.

BurningRage
07-18-2017, 07:53 AM
This could be the best piece at SDCC.

Vracula
07-18-2017, 08:06 AM
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1333/batmanlsf.jpg

Doesn't like any pose from their previous concepts. But I am guessing it will be close to 1

SONICobra
07-18-2017, 08:53 AM
#3 would have been like 6' tall :eek:

forps
07-18-2017, 09:01 AM
YESSSSSSSSSSSS....At last, Sideshow accepts the challenge from Prime1 and returns in producing BIG scales.....

Igo, just 1 thing. Give it a set ES/ TDB...No limited edition, you are destroying this line (LSF) with the "Limited edition" practice!!!

Yesssssssssss, i f....g love Sideshow!!! Now give us a CLASSIC Joker as a companion LSF (but please MIXED MEDIA like the first Joker PFF, the masterpiece) !

ComicJesus
07-18-2017, 09:10 AM
#3 would have been like 6' tall :eek:

Out of those pictures I think #4 most closely resembles the facial picture in the preview. But then his right arm is out to the side in that concept and the preview shows it at his side.

SolidLiquidFox
07-18-2017, 09:23 AM
Pleasantly surprised here...this is VERY interesting!

Dirt Torpedo
07-18-2017, 09:37 AM
2020 is shaping up to be an expensive year.

bdlovelace
07-18-2017, 09:54 AM
Agreed. It will be 3 or 4 years before this lands on the doorstep.

2020 is shaping up to be an expensive year.

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 10:08 AM
Oh no....they've finally done it...I'm screwed

bonedaddy77
07-18-2017, 10:16 AM
I'm down for this as long as they end up doing a Joker to match him.

k-9
07-18-2017, 10:26 AM
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/1125x682_previewbanner_BatmanLSF_SmallVersion_nocc.jpg

Holy cow. look at the Beak on that Bat.

Doctor Doom
07-18-2017, 10:36 AM
AWESOME! If it sells well do you guys and ladies think they will tackle an LSF JOKER????

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 10:39 AM
AWESOME! If it sells well do you guys and ladies think they will tackle an LSF JOKER????

They actually teased one a few years ago but nothing ever came of it.

jpuli28
07-18-2017, 11:03 AM
Sculpts are awesome these days, cant tell if this is another pajamagate or sculpt. Emblem appears to be a decal...

Bill Lehecka
07-18-2017, 11:04 AM
Oh no....

Oh no.... No no no... Don't do this to me, Sideshow. Don't do it...

SONICobra
definitely looks like mixed media with the emblem similar to the pf

Bill Lehecka
P.S. What ever happened to that Catwoman LSF?

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 11:08 AM

It could be, but look at that vein running through the bicep. It could be mixed media, or it could be highly textured sculpt, especially at 1/2 scale.

WalkerFodder
07-18-2017, 11:12 AM
Now this is exciting. Need a bigger house.

Drum18
07-18-2017, 11:14 AM
P.S. What ever happened to that Catwoman LSF?Cancelled
http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=106115&stc=1&d=1500390846

From the
Official "Ask Sideshow" (http://www.statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=5469325&postcount=6068)

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 11:14 AM
Now this is exciting. Need a bigger house.

...Yeah...and a Plexiglass case just for this with those natural light LEDs...

Shoo
07-18-2017, 11:16 AM

It could be, but look at that vein running through the bicep. It could be mixed media, or it could be highly textured sculpt, especially at 1/2 scale.

Most probably mixed media, yes. That vein is probably sculpted underneath.

As long as his chest emblem doesn't end up on his navel...

ComicJesus
07-18-2017, 11:17 AM

Good eye, I didn't notice the vein on the bicep. It would be amazing if they did this fully sculpted but I have a feeling it will be mixed media. I'd bet the price tag would be like $4-$5K if it was fully sculpted. For the suit to look so good it's hard to tell if it's sculpted or fabric....

Maybe I'm wrong, I just think SS loves the mixed media so much and for a statue this big and that detailed, it would be too over the top. I mean, that's partially why I think a lot of P1 statues are so expensive.

Bill Lehecka
07-18-2017, 11:18 AM
Cancelled
http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=106115&stc=1&d=1500390846

From the
Official "Ask Sideshow" (http://www.statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=5469325&postcount=6068)

Ahhh, that stinks. I remember seeing it in 2011 and 2012 and then.... nothing. I wonder what caused it to go *POOF*? Lack of interest?

SONICobra
07-18-2017, 11:18 AM

true that vein does have some good definition for mixed media, its almost as you can see threads in the seams though but i guess well see. either way im a spectator on this, as big as a batman fan as i am i just dont have the space :(

BurningRage
07-18-2017, 11:23 AM
Probably same price or more than Vader lsf.

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 11:24 AM
true that vein does have some good definition for mixed media, its almost as you can see threads in the seams though but i guess well see. either way im a spectator on this, as big as a batman fan as i am i just dont have the space :(

Oh just knock down a wall, or better yet convert the garage ;)

HBK83
07-18-2017, 11:34 AM
Leather cape? Wonder if this will reveal this weekend.

loricstone
07-18-2017, 12:01 PM

Looks more like a shadow to me...I mean the way the shadow runs down the arm...it kind of gives it a vein look...but that whole section below the lighter part is dark...leading me to believe it is shadow.

I could be wrong though.

BurningRage
07-18-2017, 12:03 PM
Whole costume looks mix media to me.

Bill Lehecka
07-18-2017, 12:05 PM
Leather cape? Wonder if this will reveal this weekend.

It'll be on the floor, so we'll see.

The General
07-18-2017, 12:06 PM
Who has room for something like this.... and the money for that matter.

Comicbookguy
07-18-2017, 12:09 PM
3-3.5k by next year on prices for lsf.

BurningRage
07-18-2017, 12:09 PM
Who has room for something like this.... and the money for that matter.

There's people that ordered every Prime 1 1/2 DC piece.

BurningRage
07-18-2017, 12:10 PM
3-3.5k by next year on prices for lsf.

Better work overtime at the grocery store.

ComicJesus
07-18-2017, 12:11 PM

:goodpost:

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 12:20 PM

:laugh: Actually, I may have to ask for promotion myself :hilarious:

SolidLiquidFox
07-18-2017, 12:57 PM
:laugh: Actually, I may have to ask for promotion myself :hilarious:

is there a higher level moderator position in statueforum? :nuts:

:laugh:

Falkor
07-18-2017, 12:58 PM
Super excited! The LSF line is my favorite so I can't wait for this!

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 01:04 PM
is there a higher level moderator position in statueforum? :nuts:

:laugh: Inorite, but honestly they did away with my old position at work last month so this entire month they have me as back up to another guy who doesn't need a back up, so I think they're trying to figure which department needs me more...though I can't complain too much I'm being paid to basically sit at desk and look like I'm busy.

forps
07-18-2017, 01:09 PM
Guys, there is a reason why anything of larger scale that wears clothes (eg Joker) and not eg a latex uniform NEEDS mixed media or else a statue (1/2 or 1/1) being full sculpt will look ATROCIOUS. Check out some full sculpt statues of characters wearing clothes (Joker) from Muckle. They look cheap, they are atrocious.

1/2 or 1/1 in order to be full sculpted and not to look cheap, need either usage of one material (non-coloured) eg marble / alabaster (like a Roman sculpt) or that your hero/villain wears a latex uniform for an example.

A full sculpted Joker 1/2 would be ATROCIOUS. Only way to look good would be to be sculpted non-coloured on marble / alabaster. MIXED MEDIA is a MUST for this line, especially Joker. END OF CONVERSATION.

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 01:13 PM
Disagree, with all the texturing available now both hand and digitally, cloth is unnecessary. You can actualy sculpt something at 1/2 scale that looks so real it can be mistaken for actual materials. Look at the Prime1 BvS sculpts, not that I like those characters, but the sculpted material is fantastic.

EDIT: I apologize it does say fabric costume on the Prime1 1/2s but as someone else pointed out the 1/3rds are fully sculpted. I again say, fabric is not needed.

jadekite22
07-18-2017, 01:13 PM
Ahhh, that stinks. I remember seeing it in 2011 and 2012 and then.... nothing. I wonder what caused it to go *POOF*? Lack of interest?

SSC never showcased it well or had a clear vision for it. Steve Schumacher's body sculpt was one of the best arguments for large scale Adam Hughes statues I've seen, but the realistic face called attention to stylistic features, such as Hughes signature oversized boots (yes, boots, with a 't') for Selina, so SSC toned them down. Decisions like that only lead to a disjointed final product, IMO. I imagine if (hopefully) resurfaces, it'll be more uniformly fitting with the realistic design of Batman here, or the recent print

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/products/500487-batman-catwoman/lg/dc-comics-batman-and-catwoman-premium-art-print-500487-03.jpg

forps
07-18-2017, 01:17 PM
Disagree, with all the texturing available now bith hand and digitally cloth is unnecessary. You can actualy sculpt something at 1/2 scale that looks so real it can be mistaken for actual materials. Look at the Prime1 BvS sculpts, not that I like those characters, but the sculpted material is fantastic.

They actually wear tight latex costumes, not clothes as Joker does. This is the reason the purple coat of Jared Leto's Joker 1/3 (Prime1) looks like s...t whereas the real clothes on Joker 1/2 look perfect (Joker 1/2 suffers from the pose and the facial expression, not his mixed media).

The ONLY way to have something full-sculpted and not look atrocious (1/1 or 1/2 scale) is to sculpt it NON-COLOURED like an ancient statue on marble / alabaster. Or that your hero/villain wears a latex costume (or something tight enough). That was the case with Batman and Superman 1/2 from Prime1.

Joker 1/2 from Sideshow NEEDS, i repeat, NEEDS mixed media! PERIOD.

ComicJesus
07-18-2017, 01:21 PM
Disagree, with all the texturing available now both hand and digitally, cloth is unnecessary. You can actualy sculpt something at 1/2 scale that looks so real it can be mistaken for actual materials. Look at the Prime1 BvS sculpts, not that I like those characters, but the sculpted material is fantastic.

I was looking at the P1 Frank Miller Batman. Fully sculpted. Looks amazing. It can be done. It definitely is annoying when people who obviously know nothing state their stupid opinion as fact. IT IS ANNOYING

forps
07-18-2017, 01:24 PM
Characters wearing NON-TIGHT costumes (eg Joker), for gods sake!

You should check Joker 1/1 from Muckle. It looks so cheap, its a joke. Large scale statues of characters wearing clothes NEED mixed media. Check out wax lifesize statues. Surely these guys DONT know their job and we know better.

Guys, Joker in large scales (1/1 or 1/2) NEEDS mixed media. If Sideshow ever tries a full sculpted 1/2 Joker, it will be the WORST statue ever.

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 01:29 PM
I was looking at the P1 Frank Miller Batman. Fully sculpted. Looks amazing. It can be done. It definitely is annoying when people who obviously know nothing state their stupid opinion as fact. IT IS ANNOYING

Agreed, it just takes a 3D printer that can handle the amount of polys it would take and keying that hides any seams, if it's done digitally, which would be expensive but we are talking about statues that are going to cost around 2.5k-3k. And then the casting process has to be handled carefully so not to lose any of the detail.

BlackestNight
07-18-2017, 01:31 PM
It looks cool, but how to display this within a 1/4 only collection?

And as BurningRage asked, Superman? Wonder Wonder? 3 or even more 1/2 scales would also greatly impede on space.

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 01:35 PM
It looks cool, but how to display this within a 1/4 only collection?

And as BurningRage asked, Superman? Wonder Wonder? 3 or even more 1/2 scales would also greatly impede on space.

Since I have a DC 1/4 Collection I'd probably put something like this inbetween two cabinets, like a divider and show it off like the centerpiece it should be.

ComicJesus
07-18-2017, 01:36 PM

You should check Joker 1/1 from Muckle. It looks so cheap, its a joke. Large scale statues of characters wearing clothes NEED mixed media. Check out wax lifesize statues. Surely these guys DONT know their job and we know better.

Guys, Joker in large scales (1/1 or 1/2) NEEDS mixed media. If Sideshow ever tries a full sculpted 1/2 Joker, it will be the WORST statue ever.

First of all, you never said non-tight costumes. Second of all, P1 has put out more than one fully sculpted Joker from their Arkham line and Suicide Squad line that look so good you can barely tell they are sculpted. Not to mention, your hated company XM that even does fully sculpted capes. So no, they don't NEED to be fully sculpted, and they won't be the WORST statue ever.

See, what I did there was prove points, using things called facts. You might want to try it sometime. People might be less inclined to call you crazy or ignorant. I'm trying to help you.

GenoToys
07-18-2017, 01:39 PM
I've been waiting for so long...Finally...Hopefully it's incredible. Will be ordered if it is :)

ComicJesus
07-18-2017, 01:40 PM
Agreed, it just takes a 3D printer that can handle the amount of polys it would take and keying that hides any seams, if it's done digitally, which would be expensive but we are talking about statues that are going to cost around 2.5k-3k. And then the casting process has to be handled carefully so not to lose any of the detail.

Yeah totally, and the problem is if anything is more money than people perceive it should be, this forum blows up with people complaining about the price. Sideshow is aware of that. These are the same people complaining about mixed media or QC issues.

If they were to fully sculpt this, people would be taking out third mortgages on their house, and this thread would blow up.

loricstone
07-18-2017, 01:41 PM

Who the hell is Muckle? Did it occur to you that Muckle is not SS? or Prime 1? :inquisiti

FJC
07-18-2017, 01:45 PM
If this is fully sculpted, I'll be in trouble.

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 01:51 PM
If this is fully sculpted, I'll be in trouble.

Well at the very least the cape is cloth, that looks pretty obvious just the way it's laying on his shoulders. So you can try and talk yourself out of it that way? :laugh:

ComicJesus
07-18-2017, 01:53 PM
Well at the very least the cape is cloth, that looks pretty obvious just the way it's laying on his shoulders. So you can try and talk yourself out of it that way? :laugh:

Can you imagine how much this would weigh if the cape was sculpted? You would need to call friends over if you wanted to move it.

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 01:56 PM
Can you imagine how much this would weigh if the cape was sculpted? You would need to call friends over if you wanted to move it.

...but what a joyous move it would be...I'll even order pizza

Drum18
07-18-2017, 02:02 PM
SSC never showcased it well or had a clear vision for it. Steve Schumacher's body sculpt was one of the best arguments for large scale Adam Hughes statues I've seen, but the realistic face called attention to stylistic features, such as Hughes signature oversized boots (yes, boots, with a 't') for Selina, so SSC toned them down. Decisions like that only lead to a disjointed final product, IMO. I imagine if (hopefully) resurfaces, it'll be more uniformly fitting with the realistic design of Batman here, or the recent print

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/products/500487-batman-catwoman/lg/dc-comics-batman-and-catwoman-premium-art-print-500487-03.jpgIt's just weird because SSC made a prototype of it and even showed it in conventions...
and then even made some adjustments...

Thread:
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=137996

Some pictures
here (http://www.statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=4629633&postcount=97) and here (http://www.statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=4632253&postcount=100)

Bullseye
07-18-2017, 02:03 PM
If it's not Batman it's his extended family. For he love of God SS where are the other DC characters like The Flash and Martian Manhunter?

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 02:09 PM
If it's not Batman it's his extended family. For he love of God SS where are the other DC characters like The Flash and Martian Manhunter?

Be honest, did you really think they'd do anything but Batman at this scale? It's hard to sell items at this price and scale.

MrJones
07-18-2017, 03:00 PM
This is a level of collecting that I just don't have the resources for. Looking forward to seeing how this looks though!

pokritz17
07-18-2017, 03:07 PM
well fk me sideways

SolidLiquidFox
07-18-2017, 03:19 PM
Be honest, did you really think they'd do anything but Batman at this scale? It's hard to sell items at this price and scale.

This

COI
07-18-2017, 03:33 PM
I can't handle this scale, but I'm still looking forward to seeing this. Feels like it's 5 years in the making.

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 03:40 PM
I can't handle this scale, but I'm still looking forward to seeing this. Feels like it's 5 years in the making.

This was supposed to be the centerpiece to my DC collection but I honestly never thought it was going to get made. I thought I was going to end up buying a Prime1 1/3rd scale instead, which I still might if this isn't absolutely gorgeous for the price they ask and come with every bell and whistle it should.

Now I have to figure out long I have to come up with the money.

SuperJ300
07-18-2017, 03:57 PM

No! Where is TWOFACE, Scarecrow, Penguin etc...?

supermetroid
07-18-2017, 04:17 PM
I couldn't see spending that much money on something knowing it might be open ES and made to order for years(like the first Iron Man). I don't have the space anyways, 1/3 is the biggest I'll go.

Gecktechs
07-18-2017, 04:22 PM
This was supposed to be the centerpiece to my DC collection but I honestly never thought it was going to get made. I thought I was going to end up buying a Prime1 1/3rd scale instead, which I still might if this isn't absolutely gorgeous for the price they ask and come with every bell and whistle it should.

Now I have to figure out long I have to come up with the money.

I'm with you on this one man. This announcement is very exciting! The teaser looks great. Like you, I thought I'd end up settling for a P1 1/3 Batman to be the "Big Kahuna" of my collection - but if this turns out as great as I think it will - I'm in there. Just hoping for a set ES and even better - a companion 1/2 Joker! Hope the suit is fully sculpted with a poseable fabric/leather cape as well!

jadekite22
07-18-2017, 04:38 PM
It's just weird because SSC made a prototype of it and even showed it in conventions...
and then even made some adjustments...

Thread:
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=137996

Some pictures
here (http://www.statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=4629633&postcount=97) and here (http://www.statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=4632253&postcount=100)

I agree it's weird. I don't know. The way it was displayed at those conventions, it looked like a floor display, like the life-size Harley Quinn DC Collectibles is working on (https://www.instagram.com/p/BWYdsNFlL15/?taken-by=dc_collectibles&hl=en), i.e. not something I was supposed to buy but more of a booth attraction. I don't remember seeing so much as a TBD price tag on it.

Bullseye
07-18-2017, 04:39 PM

Are you saying Wonder Woman or Superman would not sell? Or Spider-man, Hulk etc. Plenty of others would sell. I'm not talking this scale per sey but the obsession with Batman in general to the detriment of other characters more deserving of their first piece instead of Batmans 20th at this stage with SS alone. Hell Prime One must have 20 Batman related pieces already.

Comicbookguy
07-18-2017, 04:41 PM

I'm outta luck all the hours I rack up can't buy me this one.the pay is just not enough with all of many bills I'm already late on and also I'm maxed out on all my credit cards. Will be fun to see from the sidelines though. Besides these lsf has no Es. They can stop production and start it again if need be years from now saying if demand picks up for this piece later on down the road.

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 04:49 PM
Are you saying Wonder Woman or Superman would not sell? Or Spider-man, Hulk etc. Plenty of others would sell. I'm not talking this scale per sey but the obsession with Batman in general to the detriment of other characters more deserving of their first piece instead of Batmans 20th at this stage with SS alone. Hell Prime One must have 20 Batman related pieces already.

There just some characters that you can never make enough of or enough times. Darth Vader and Batman are probably the two that sell most. Just saying.

Bullseye
07-18-2017, 04:51 PM
Sure we don't know because none of the others get a chance. Spider-man would sell equally well. His rogues gallery would also sell equally as well as Batmans and is arguably a better rogues gallery just saying.

WalkerFodder
07-18-2017, 04:52 PM
I'm with you on this one man. This announcement is very exciting! The teaser looks great. Like you, I thought I'd end up settling for a P1 1/3 Batman to be the "Big Kahuna" of my collection - but if this turns out as great as I think it will - I'm in there. Just hoping for a set ES and even better - a companion 1/2 Joker! Hope the suit is fully sculpted with a poseable fabric/leather cape as well!

Nothing says limited and collectible like a Set ES. I hate buying anything more valuable than a Hot Toy unless it has an ES. Part of the fun in collecting is the visual confirmation that your collectible was part of a limited run.

COI
07-18-2017, 04:57 PM
Nothing says limited and collectible like a Set ES. I hate buying anything more valuable than a Hot Toy unless it has an ES. Part of the fun in collecting is the visual confirmation that your collectible was part of a limited run.

But it is part of a limited run, even if the number isn't disclosed. The irony is, many of the Sideshow pieces that were sold without a set size are among the hardest to get now, because people assumed they were just gonna keep making them, and that assumption in conjunction with higher prices on the LSF line made people hesitate, which ultimately meant fewer were made.

The Wolf LSF didn't have an edition size; good luck getting one now for anything approaching original retail.

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 05:08 PM
Sure we don't know because none of the others get a chance. Spider-man would sell equally well. His rogues gallery would also sell equally as well as Batmans and is arguably a better rogues gallery just saying.

Sideshow obviously feels differently as their ES numbers tell a different story

Batman(black) total ES 9500
Am. Spider-man total ES 7500
Batman (blue) ES 2000
Black Spider-man ES 1250
Joker (comic) Total ES 3750
Venom Total ES 3000
or Green Goblin Total ES 2000

They feel Batman and his rogues outsells Spider-man, now does Spidey sell? Yeah, but if you're going to do a DC Half Scale Piece, it's Batman over Superman and Wonder Woman, every time.

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 05:12 PM
But it is part of a limited run, even if the number isn't disclosed. The irony is, many of the Sideshow pieces that were sold without a set size are among the hardest to get now, because people assumed they were just gonna keep making them, and that assumption in conjunction with higher prices on the LSF line made people hesitate, which ultimately meant fewer were made.

The Wolf LSF didn't have an edition size; good luck getting one now for anything approaching original retail.

Two I missed on that Open ES was Galatus which is hard to come by and Jack the Ripper which is near impossible.

COI
07-18-2017, 05:12 PM
What do you guys think the odds are that we'll eventually get the trinity in LSF form?

If I knew for a fact that were a possibility, I might be compelled to start making room and saving money. It would be an amazing set.

COI
07-18-2017, 05:14 PM
Two I missed on that Open ES was Galatus which is hard to come by and Jack the Ripper which is near impossible.

Wow, forgot about that Jack the Ripper. You're right, you don't see that anywhere anymore.

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 05:15 PM
What do you guys think the odds are that we'll eventually get the trinity in LSF form?

If I knew for a fact that were a possibility, I might be compelled to start making room and saving money. It would be an amazing set.

Well Wonder Woman is red Hot right now, so If I were a betting man I'd say she's in the works, but you also have to take into consideration the difficulty and logistics of the scale. Everything on a half scale piece is visible, it has to look perfect. But I think they'd be stupid to let it go without a try. Superman, I mean it's Superman but he doesn't have the same push right now.

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 05:16 PM
Wow, forgot about that Jack the Ripper. You're right, you don't see that anywhere anymore.

Yeah, and I look every month or so on ebay and all the BST's I can find, no one sells him.

BurningRage
07-18-2017, 05:16 PM
Classic Superman would sell. The pf ex sold out in two weeks.

BurningRage
07-18-2017, 05:18 PM
This is the first time a comic version Batman been done in this scale so I don't get the complaints. Look how many Iron Man lsf have been made

BurningRage
07-18-2017, 05:20 PM

Two Stormtroopers and Vader lsf are another great set.

loricstone
07-18-2017, 05:20 PM

Sure I can think of a lot....Superman, Thor, Spiderman, Hulk, Magneto, Phoenix, Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Captain America, etc. etc. etc. I can name a 100 characters across all licenses that could sell. Batman sells...but it's not the only thing that sells.

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 05:21 PM
Classic Superman would sell. The pf ex sold out in two weeks.

Yeah, but it's not the samething. Batman sold out in what, a couple days?

The Question is, can you sell enough of him on an open ES at high prices to make it worth while to produce? I think yes, but with collectors today, who knows.

COI
07-18-2017, 05:22 PM
I'm also guessing this is gonna be close to $3000 at this point, so you're talking $10K for the set.

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 05:23 PM
Sure I can think of a lot....Superman, Thor, Spiderman, Hulk, Magneto, Phoenix, Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Captain America, etc. etc. etc. I can name a 100 characters across all licenses that could sell. Batman sells...but it's not the only thing that sells.

Again, we're talking Half Scale. I would not put out a Half Scale Green Lantern or Thor, look at their PF numbers at $400, now try selling him at $2500 and to a much smaller crowd and I need to make a profit.

WalkerFodder
I get that, but the threat of re-issues will always loom without a Set ES. As a collector, it's annoying to see it happen.

In the grand scheme, all of these collectibles are limited runs, but not all of them have the allure of a Set ES and aren't all protected from re-issues.

There's a strange, delicate balance between setting the ES too high and too low. I don't envy the decision makers at Sideshow.

BurningRage
Yeah, but it's not the samething. Batman sold out in what, a couple days?

The Question is, can you sell enough of him on an open ES at high prices to make it worth while to produce? I think yes, but with collectors today, who knows.

He should sell as well as Doom and Wolverine who they made in this scale.

Josh-a-tron
I'm also guessing this is gonna be close to $3000 at this point, so you're talking $10K for the set.

Shhh you're killin' me :laugh:

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 05:25 PM
He should sell as well as Doom and Wolverine who they made in this scale.

I'll be honest with you, and this is where Bullseyes complaint registers, I'm surprised they did Doom and he sold at all, and No Spider-man. That's weirdness.

BurningRage
07-18-2017, 05:25 PM

Vader is $2,550.

WalkerFodder
07-18-2017, 05:27 PM

If they even teased the Trinity when this Bat goes up for PO, I'd be all over it.

I also love the competition right now. Sideshow moving into DC 1/2 scale means Prime 1 is going to have to keep their A-game up.

loricstone
07-18-2017, 05:28 PM
Sideshow obviously feels differently as their ES numbers tell a different story

Batman(black) total ES 9500
Am. Spider-man total ES 7500
Batman (blue) ES 2000
Black Spider-man ES 1250
Joker (comic) Total ES 3750
Venom Total ES 3000
or Green Goblin Total ES 2000

They feel Batman and his rogues outsells Spider-man, now does Spidey sell? Yeah, but if you're going to do a DC Half Scale Piece, it's Batman over Superman and Wonder Woman, every time.

Says you. Superman is my favorite character next to Thor. Hell, everyone has different tastes and character preference. Bullseye's is Wonder Woman...I bet he would take a WW over Batman any day. Mine is Thor or Superman, I would take either of these over a Batman 1:2 any day. Yet in still, ask Mr. Jones what he would rather have in 1:2 if he could afford just one....Thanos or Batman. I bet my rent money he would say Thanos. Yet in still...ask Demona what she would want....a 1/2 Storm in Silver costume or a 1/2 Batman. I bet money she would go for the Storm.

Then you choose a lopsided comparison. There were three Spidey rogues (I think the only rogues that have ever been done by SS in at least 1/4). How do we know Doc Ock or any other couldn't sell? Rhino seemed to do just fine when SS released it several years ago.

nearmint
07-18-2017, 05:31 PM
How do we know Doc Ock or any other couldn't sell?

Now that would be a space eater. You could hang laundry on his various appendages.

BurningRage
07-18-2017, 05:32 PM
I'll be honest with you, and this is where Bullseyes complaint registers, I'm surprised they did Doom and he sold at all, and No Spider-man. That's weirdness.

I'm thinking maybe because this scale works best for museum/captain morgan poses and Spider-Man is better suited for action pose. Imagine the recent pf was 1/2 scale. If they make one they would have to have him clinging to a wall like the comiquette.

Comicbookguy
07-18-2017, 05:33 PM

The batman will most likely be 2999.99 to 3500.00. The next two will
Be a tad higher for sure.

COI
07-18-2017, 05:33 PM
Says you. Superman is my favorite character next to Thor. Hell, everyone has different tastes and character preference. Bullseye's is Wonder Woman...I bet he would take a WW over Batman any day. Mine is Thor or Superman, I would take either of these over a Batman 1:2 any day. Yet in still, ask Mr. Jones what he would rather have in 1:2 if he could afford just one....Thanos or Batman. I bet my rent money he would say Thanos. Yet in still...ask Demona what she would want....a 1/2 Storm in Silver costume or a 1/2 Batman. I bet money she would go for the Storm.

Then you choose a lopsided comparison. There were three Spidey rogues (I think the only rogues that have ever been done by SS in at least 1/4). How do we know Doc Ock or any other couldn't sell? Rhino seemed to do just fine when SS released it several years ago.

Sideshow...SDCC 2020, Red Sonja LSF sculpted by Harbottle. Make it happen.

https://i.giphy.com/media/PMPwpWrGFLu80/giphy.webp

Comicbookguy
07-18-2017, 05:36 PM
Sideshow...SDCC 2020, Red Sonja LSF sculpted by Harbottle. Make it happen.

By then and a Harbottle lsf piece would be 4999.99 lol

loricstone
Again, we're talking Half Scale. I would not put out a Half Scale Green Lantern or Thor, look at their PF numbers at $400, now try selling him at $2500 and to a much smaller crowd and I need to make a profit.

Come on dude...you wouldn't but I would...and I know I'm not the only one that feels that way.

At this point, we are not talking about would other characters sell faster or more than Batman...we are talking about if they would sell...and the answer is ABSOLUTELY...WITHOUT QUESTION.

Of course this all depends on if the sculpt rocks as well. Thor I guarantee you would sell extremely well! Bet money on that! Superman? Hell yeah. Green Lantern? Hell yeah...maybe not as much as Bats or Supes...but he would still sell well.

There is a market for everything. SS has done 4 or 5 different GL related statues already. 2 statues, 1 Life Size Bust, 1 1/6 figure, and Sinestro. I'd rather see a 1:2 GL than I would a Batman (my opinion). I'd rather see a 1:2 Hawkman than Batman (once again my opinion).

COI
By then and a Harbottle lsf piece would be 4999.99 lol

Fine, done. Make it $5999.99

loricstone
07-18-2017, 05:38 PM
If they even teased the Trinity when this Bat goes up for PO, I'd be all over it.

I also love the competition right now. Sideshow moving into DC 1/2 scale means Prime 1 is going to have to keep their A-game up.

SS been at 1/2 scale for a while now. Prime 1 thrives at 1/3 or bigger statues...that is their specialty. It's SS that has to step their game up...especially with the poor quality 1:2 statues that have already been done in the past.

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 05:40 PM

Okay and your point being that a few people on the forum that pick one Character over Batman means anything compared to raw sales numbers?

This is the truth, Batman is the highest selling comic book character of all time when it comes to just about everything. It's numbers, not personal preference, not lopsided, nada, it's math. Those numbers I showed you were just to illustrate a point. If put Rhino up against Poison ivy who do you think sold more? Poison Ivy.

If I told you Rhino was $400 and Bane was $700 who do you think would have the lower sales? You'd probably say Bane. But fact is Bane's EX ES which is sold out already Equals Rhino's total ES, So Bane will Outsell Rhino.

Now Doc Ock might sell some statues, and I have no idea why he hasn't been made at 1/4, but at Half Scale, you go with the sure bet 9 times out of 10.

COI
07-18-2017, 05:41 PM
Prime 1 doesn't need to do a half scale comic Batman. They've already got a 1/3 DKR and a Jim Lee/Hush on the way.

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 05:42 PM
Come on dude...you wouldn't but I would...and I know I'm not the only one that feels that way.

At this point, we are not talking about would other characters sell faster or more than Batman...we are talking about if they would sell...and the answer is ABSOLUTELY...WITHOUT QUESTION.

Of course this all depends on if the sculpt rocks as well. Thor I guarantee you would sell extremely well! Bet money on that! Superman? Hell yeah. Green Lantern? Hell yeah...maybe not as much as Bats or Supes...but he would still sell well.

There is a market for everything. SS has done 4 or 5 different GL related statues already. 2 statues, 1 Life Size Bust, 1 1/6 figure, and Sinestro. I'd rather see a 1:2 GL than I would a Batman (my opinion). I'd rather see a 1:2 Hawkman than Batman (once again my opinion).

Yeah, and that GL Life Size Bust that had to put on sale at 20% off and Double Rewards to get it move on an ES of 350. I know, that's when I bought mine. Why do you think we haven't seen another DC Life Size bust since?

COI
07-18-2017, 05:43 PM
This is the truth, Batman is the highest selling comic book character of all time when it comes to just about everything. It's numbers, not personal preference, not lopsided, nada, it's math.

Can't argue with that.

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 05:43 PM
Prime 1 doesn't need to do a half scale comic Batman. They've already got a 1/3 DKR and a Jim Lee/Hush on the way.

Yep, and they Probably thought the 1/2 scale BvS was striking while the Iron was hot but those might sell out by the end of this year...maybe.

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 05:47 PM
Can't argue with that.

This is the part of statue collecting most people don't want to hear about, the business part. Sure there's characters we all want, me and you were talking about Nightwing over Batwoman yesterday. But I get why the make certain characters in certain scales and not others.

BurningRage
07-18-2017, 05:55 PM
Joker, Darkseid, Catwoman and possibly Harley are the only DC villains they could make at this scale.

COI
07-18-2017, 05:57 PM
I would love to see them take another stab at a Catwoman.

WalkerFodder
07-18-2017, 05:57 PM
SS been at 1/2 scale for a while now. Prime 1 thrives at 1/3 or bigger statues...that is their specialty. It's SS that has to step their game up...especially with the poor quality 1:2 statues that have already been done in the past.

Could've fooled me. A handful of Star Wars, some Busts and an Iron-man family.

I said DC. The only people putting out quality DC at 1/2 scale is Prime 1.

Competition drives quality. My comment about Prime 1 keeping their A-game up was an acknowledgement of their game being 'A'. I have the 1/3 TDKR on PO, but I'd do some very serious collection re-organizing for some Classic DC 1/2 Scales.

loricstone
07-18-2017, 06:03 PM
Okay and your point being that a few people on the forum that pick one Character over Batman means anything compared to raw sales numbers?

This is the truth, Batman is the highest selling comic book character of all time when it comes to just about everything. It's numbers, not personal preference, not lopsided, nada, it's math. Those numbers I showed you were just to illustrate a point. If put Rhino up against Poison ivy who do you think sold more? Poison Ivy.

If I told you Rhino was $400 and Bane was $700 who do you think would have the lower sales? You'd probably say Bane. But fact is Bane's EX ES which is sold out already Equals Rhino's total ES, So Bane will Outsell Rhino.

Now Doc Ock might sell some statues, and I have no idea why he hasn't been made at 1/4, but at Half Scale, you go with the sure bet 9 times out of 10.

No...quite the opposite. I'm saying there are more people outside the forum that would prefer other characters over Batman. Doesn't mean they are more popular than Batman. This is not what I am talking about. It's not about who is most popular. You or I don't know squat about SS selling numbers. Last I checked you can still get most SS Batman statues they have made. It's not like they were flying off the shelves in a week.

Bane vs. Rhino....I would say in the grand scheme of things Bane should outsell Rhino because he is a more popular character. That's 1st point. Secondly, IMO Bane is just a better looking statue. A damn fine representation of the character IMO...right up there with Lobo. As for Poison Ivy, of course I think PI would sell more than Rhino in any format because she is more popular and also....T&A.

Keep in mind...at 3K a pop (more than likely), 1:2 Batman statues are not going to be flying off the shelves like a 1:4 would...and even then...1:4 takes a while to sell through.

Also, I am not saying Batman should not have been done as a 1:2...but it doesn't always have to be him first. There are others. In fact...last I remember seeing online...Superman and Mario had the two most iconic or recognized symbols around the world...Superman S symbol and Mario jumping. Batman is up there sure...and is probably more popular in terms of merchandise across the board...but don't sit up here and say Superman wouldnt sell...or Thor...or Captain America....or Gambit for that matter and he isn't as popular as the other three I just mentioned.

loricstone
07-18-2017, 06:04 PM
Yeah, and that GL Life Size Bust that had to put on sale at 20% off and Double Rewards to get it move on an ES of 350. I know, that's when I bought mine. Why do you think we haven't seen another DC Life Size bust since?

Because they don't sell. They did Batman too and Superman...how long did it take to sell out of those? Months? A year even?

loricstone
07-18-2017, 06:09 PM
Could've fooled me. A handful of Star Wars, some Busts and an Iron-man family.

I said DC. The only people putting out quality DC at 1/2 scale is Prime 1.

Competition drives quality. My comment about Prime 1 keeping their A-game up was an acknowledgement of their game being 'A'. I have the 1/3 TDKR on PO, but I'd do some very serious collection re-organizing for some Classic DC 1/2 Scales.

They also did Avatar, Wolverine, Doom.

I think we are on the same wavelength with Prime 1 A game with bigger scales. I think where you missed my point was that SS hasn't had the same level of quality as Prime 1 1:2 when they have done them. So...SS has to step up their game. Prime 1 doesn't have to worry about SS in that department. Even if this Batman is stupid awesome...I don't see it affecting Prime 1 in the slightest.

COI
07-18-2017, 06:16 PM
This discussion is all over the place.

There are tons of factors that make something sell over something else. Character popularity is one thing, format is one thing (lsb, lsf, pf), edition size is another, price is another, quality is another, timing of release, etc, etc.

Also, these discussions always revolve around short terms sales, pre-order sales, and EX sales. None of this stuff is gonna be as important to Sideshow as overall sales. Who cares if it takes 3 years to sell 9500 Batman PFs? They still sold 9500 Batman PFs at the end of the day. How fast the exclusive sold out is meaningless. Batman is sold out at 11,500 pieces (9500 + 2000 blue variants), but Superman is still available at 7500 pieces, and there aren't nearly as many other Superman alternatives around.

The fact that 10-20 Batmans are available is enough to speak to the popularity and demand for Batman pieces; EX pre-sales only matter to collectors who either want good flipping fodder or want to call the next OMG GRAIL JAJAJAJAJ.

BurningRage
07-18-2017, 06:19 PM
Because they don't sell. They did Batman too and Superman...how long did it take to sell out of those? Months? A year even?

Those busts had 1500 es. Plus Batman got a variant.

loricstone
07-18-2017, 06:20 PM

There are tons of factors that make something sell over something else. Character popularity is one thing, format is one thing (lsb, lsf, pf), edition size is another, price is another, quality is another, timing of release, etc, etc.

Also, these discussions always revolve around short terms sales, pre-order sales, and EX sales. None of this stuff is gonna be as important to Sideshow as overall sales. Who cares if it takes 3 years to sell 9500 Batman PFs? They still sold 9500 Batman PFs at the end of the day. How fast the exclusive sold out is meaningless. Batman is sold out at 11,500 pieces (9500 + 2000 blue variants), but Superman is still available at 7500 pieces, and there aren't nearly as many other Superman alternatives around.

The fact that 10-20 Batmans are available is enough to speak to the popularity and demand for Batman pieces; EX pre-sales only matter to collectors who either want good flipping fodder or want to call the next OMG GRAIL JAJAJAJAJ.

The discussion seems centralized enough to me. I think everyone here realizes Batman's popularity, some of us are just saying he is not the only character from DC that could sell well at 1:2.

I am not one who is saying SS should not do 1:2 Batman. I look forward to seeing how it looks.

BurningRage
07-18-2017, 06:22 PM
Catwoman would've been the first DC lsf if it didn't get cancelled. I remember people were mad that she was chosen first out of all DC characters. People will be upset no matter who they choose.

floreairfoot
07-18-2017, 06:25 PM

My heart still aches from that loss...

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 06:28 PM

Could have fooled me they sold 1500 Batman Black Editions and only had to put the blue up for double rewards at another 750pcs, that's total sales of 2250 Life Size busts. Vader sold through 300 EX then they had an Open Edition and cut it off and then Did another one they're currently selling.
You can sell product if there's enough people willing to buy.

Those two characters have enough people willing to buy.

:iagree: It's simple, If you're a statue business and you want to sell statues you pick the character that is going to sell the most and you do it until you can't anymore. That's why there's 20 Batman statues available and why he's going to be the LSF for DC to come out first.

And I'm done, back to gawking at half a teaser image

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 06:29 PM
My heart still aches from that loss...

I think it'll happen, but I think they're going to have to get some one else to sculpt it, there was too many things off on that first sculpt, I mean it was good, but like I said, at this scale everything is overly visible.

ComicJesus
07-18-2017, 06:35 PM
And I'm done, back to gawking at half a teaser image

PERIOD END OF CONVERSATION NOTHING MORE TO BE SAID

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 06:36 PM

:laugh: You do enjoy that don't you :eplus2:

Shoo
07-18-2017, 06:39 PM

+1

ComicJesus
07-18-2017, 06:44 PM
:laugh: You do enjoy that don't you :eplus2:

Lol he's not going away, might as well have some fun.

BurningRage
07-18-2017, 06:45 PM

Day 1, second 1, millisecond 1 po for me.

ComicJesus
07-18-2017, 06:47 PM
Day 1, second 1, millisecond 1 po for me.

My $1.43.

COI
07-18-2017, 06:50 PM
I'm more of a day 6, 144th hour type of collector. You don't want to appear desperate.

ComicJesus
07-18-2017, 06:53 PM
I'm more of a day 6, 144th hour type of collector. You don't want to appear desperate.

Gotta play it cool, I like that. To be honest, at this point, it depends on how much I like it, and what else I have on pre order. Right now it's looking like Wolverine, Lady Deadpool, Red Sonja for sure for me. Magneto is a maybe, and this isn't even counting what Prime 1 will reveal at the end of the month.

FJC
07-18-2017, 08:26 PM

Nothing wrong with playing it cool. Unless you wanted the EX Thanos MAQ. :laugh:

loricstone
07-18-2017, 08:30 PM
Gotta play it cool, I like that. To be honest, at this point, it depends on how much I like it, and what else I have on pre order. Right now it's looking like Wolverine, Lady Deadpool, Red Sonja for sure for me. Magneto is a maybe, and this isn't even counting what Prime 1 will reveal at the end of the month.

100+ statues according to Prime 1. Excited to see but also scared to see. Might be a few things that pique my interest and I don't need that now with all the XM statues i want...not to mention the SS Court of the Dead line I would like to get.

Now is a great time to be a collector and a not so great time as well. Too much stuff from too many companies = overload.:sos:

COI
07-18-2017, 08:34 PM
Nothing wrong with playing it cool. Unless you wanted the EX Thanos MAQ. :laugh:

Don't worry, I'll get it from someone in the kool-aid hype crew, desperate to get their money back when the thing ships and the bill arrives.

:confused2

Comicbookguy
07-18-2017, 08:38 PM
Fine, done. Make it $5999.99

A statue the price of a new used car is getting out of control. Now they are like the same price as a huge HD TV, fridge, computer, iPhones etc... soon they will move to the prices of cars. Another sign this hobby is getting to a boiling point. :drinking:

SolidLiquidFox
07-18-2017, 08:44 PM
A statue the price of a new used car is getting out of control. Now they are like the same price as a huge HD TV, fridge, computer, iPhones etc... soon they will move to the prices of cars. Another sign this hobby is getting to a boiling point. :drinking:

People will always need groceries.

ALWAYS.

ComicJesus
07-18-2017, 08:49 PM
100+ statues according to Prime 1. Excited to see but also scared to see. Might be a few things that pique my interest and I don't need that now with all the XM statues i want...not to mention the SS Court of the Dead line I would like to get.

Now is a great time to be a collector and a not so great time as well. Too much stuff from too many companies = overload.:sos:

Yeah I have a lot on order right now, plus there hasn't been anything new on the X-Men/Marvel line from P1, 1/3 Lobo, Jim Lee line... it's too much.

COI
07-18-2017, 08:51 PM
People will always need groceries.

ALWAYS.

Gothamite
07-18-2017, 08:59 PM

Oxmox makes 1:1 statues for about the same price as these 1:2 and 1:3 statues.

jadekite22
07-18-2017, 11:09 PM
Oxmox makes 1:1 statues for about the same price as these 1:2 and 1:3 statues.

Size matters not in this case (did that on purpose, as I know you hate Star Wars:hilarious:) 1:2 scale, for P1 at least, seems more an excuse to pack in more detail than would be achievable at smaller scales. Oxmox on the other hand, while they have sculpts I appreciate, from photos look to have detail comparable to a smaller piece, blown-up a bigger size. Not so much a complaint as it is a notable difference of priority in terms of how each company chooses to maximize a piece's presence.

I'm curious as to whether Hot Toys is still on-track for life-size statues . . .

Gothamite
07-18-2017, 11:10 PM
Size matters not in this case (did that on purpose, as I know you hate Star Wars:hilarious:) 1:2 scale, for P1 at least, seems more an excuse to pack in more detail than would be achievable at smaller scales. Oxmox on the other hand, while they have sculpts I appreciate, from photos look to have detail comparable to a smaller piece, blown-up a bigger size. Not so much a complaint as it is a notable difference of priority in terms of how each company chooses to maximize a piece's presence.

1:1 Gal Gadot >>>>> 1:2 Batman (ew, gross)

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 11:21 PM

Not in the case of Oxmox, and how can you hate Star Wars? Thats like hating a box of puppies.

Gothamite
07-18-2017, 11:25 PM
Not in the case of Oxmox, and how can you hate Star Wars? Thats like hating a box of puppies.

Star Wars 1-6 was just George Lucas working his way through his Kurosawa fetish.

Everything else is just fanboys working their way through their second-hand fetish.

jadekite22
07-18-2017, 11:25 PM

LOL. Is that just cuz 1:2 Bats is a dude statue?:p

Gothamite
07-18-2017, 11:28 PM
LOL. Is that just cuz 1:2 Bats is a dude statue?:p

Yus. I saw the 1:2 bust in Austin, and I be like

https://media.giphy.com/media/11w0l0hDWECDJK/giphy.gif

Josh-a-tron
07-18-2017, 11:28 PM
Star Wars 1-6 was just George Lucas working his way through his Kurosawa fetish.

Everything else is just fanboys working their way through their second-hand fetish.

There is no hope for you, not even with professional help

Python
07-19-2017, 11:46 AM
This could be one to watch...

Josh-a-tron
07-19-2017, 03:10 PM
OMG it's beautiful... Go check out the SDCC pics thread

nearmint
07-19-2017, 03:14 PM
Not fully sculpted. The costume is fabric.

jpuli28
07-19-2017, 03:17 PM
Was excited, was.

Josh-a-tron
Not fully sculpted. The costume is fabric.

I'm okay with it, the way it goes over the muscles is perfect, it's like he's standing there...except short :laugh:

bicoid18
Thanks for posting the pics nearmint! Good
Lord this piece will bankrupt me.

Python
07-19-2017, 03:19 PM
Was excited, was.

It's fairly standard for LSF's.I think it looks great! If they were a little less pricey to import, and had ES numbers, I'd be tempted by this as a very expensive impulse purchase. I think I'll hold out for the inevitable Alien or Predator though as I simply can't afford many of these...

BlackestNight
07-19-2017, 03:21 PM
Arkham style Gauntlets and boots, the belt would need some customizing, its slightly gaudy compared to rest.

I love the design otherwise, to me it screams a few of the Batman RIP covers by Alex Ross

BlackestNight
07-19-2017, 03:22 PM
https://image.ibb.co/iM7gFQ/IMG_9270.jpg

Armored_Berserk
07-19-2017, 03:22 PM
Need more pics because for the moment it's not exciting...

SolidLiquidFox
07-19-2017, 03:25 PM
I don't like it. As underwhelming as Magneto.

So far Sonja and Boba bust look good. Batwoman does too but no interest.

Shoo
07-19-2017, 03:27 PM
Waiting for more pics as well.

madmanny
07-19-2017, 03:28 PM
Yeah bit hard to tell with the one pic because from that pic the proportions look odd

Josh-a-tron
07-19-2017, 03:30 PM
Arkham style Gauntlets and boots, the belt would need some customizing, its slightly gaudy compared to rest.

I love the design otherwise, to me it screams a few of the Batman RIP covers by Alex Ross

That I agree with, the belt is a little too yellow, especially for this scale. I honestly think if they had gone with something more bronze in color, and perhaps a different material it would have looked better.

BlackestNight
07-19-2017, 03:33 PM
That I agree with, the belt is a little too yellow, especially for this scale. I honestly think if they had gone with something more bronze in color, and perhaps a different material it would have looked better.

Josh I wasn't on board for this!!! And the base Screams "Trinity incoming" to me!!!

Josh-a-tron
07-19-2017, 03:34 PM
Josh I wasn't on board for this!!! And the base Screams "Trinity incoming" to me!!!

LOL, If you want all three I hope it happens for you. I can pretty much only do one at this scale but that's plenty for me, and that's also if they keep the price below a certain point.

I'm almost scared to look at the price when he goes up.

yeek
07-19-2017, 03:35 PM
Well, another one I was pretty sure I was going to get but after seeing him I'm super underwhelmed. The face is bugging the heck out of me. Why the sad frownie face? Also he just looks off somehow, maybe it's the proportions.

Josh-a-tron
07-19-2017, 03:36 PM
Well, another one I was pretty sure I was going to get but after seeing him I'm super underwhelmed. The face is bugging the heck out of me. Why the sad frownie face? Also he just looks off somehow, maybe it's the proportions.

....have you read Batman? Not a happy guy.

jpuli28
07-19-2017, 03:37 PM

Thinking the same, as well as the lace up boots. Also he looks 60.

Josh-a-tron
07-19-2017, 03:38 PM
Thinking the same, as well as the lace up boots. Also he looks 60.

Come on he looks no older than Karl Urban in Dredd and he was in his early 40's while he grimaced through that film...and How many 60 year-olds have quads like that?

EDIT: he does have lace up boots, they just have armor guards on the front.

jpuli28
07-19-2017, 03:43 PM
Lol. Im gonna have quads like that! Anyeay, I know he broods but that scowl looks like someone took his ice cream. And dude, he looks old alot older than the era of costume would suggest. DKR ok.

BlackestNight
07-19-2017, 03:45 PM
Lol. Im gonna have quads like that! Anyeay, I know he broods but that scowl looks like someone took his ice cream. And dude, he looks old alot older than the era of costume would suggest. DKR ok.

Look up Alex Ross Batman, very similar face. I really feel, it falls right there in age, in no way in his 20's but not 60!

COI
07-19-2017, 03:46 PM
I dodged a $3000 bullet.

jpuli28
07-19-2017, 03:47 PM
I dont care for AR art. Anyway, not for me, money in my pocket. Congrats to those excited and POing.

floreairfoot
07-19-2017, 03:51 PM
Same base that Catwoman had, minus the center image...

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/SDCC-16.jpg

supermetroid
07-19-2017, 03:54 PM
https://image.ibb.co/iM7gFQ/IMG_9270.jpg
https://media.giphy.com/media/l3vRndi1rXNI5qXGE/giphy.gif

Shoo
07-19-2017, 04:01 PM
I know he broods but that scowl looks like someone took his ice cream.

It's a bit too much for me as well.

BurningRage
07-19-2017, 04:01 PM
I dont care for AR art. Anyway, not for me, money in my pocket. Congrats to those excited and POing.

:ignore:

Vracula
07-19-2017, 04:24 PM
Not feeling that face sculpt, most probably a pass from me.

kevin2323
07-19-2017, 04:25 PM
oh wow.....that...is not good. they played it safe with both this and mags and both are a let down for me.

congrats to those who like it and will order.

Gecktechs
07-19-2017, 04:28 PM
I'll hold my final judgment once we see more pictures, but for now - I'm a bit underwhelmed.. and here's why.. I think theres too much contrast between the base and Batman. Maybe painting it grey with some black detailing or just a darker stone with more browns would have looked better. (Imo of course) - I also think there could have been a bit more expression in the pose. He looks a little stiff. I know people get tiered of that same old sh!t with the Captain Morgan pose, but if he had one leg up on top of a gargoyle, similar to the Doctor Doom LSF, plus a Batarang in hand - I think this could have been great. Again.. I know people get tiered of the cliche batarang + gargoyle + one leg up/one leg down - but I think for this scale, it fits.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/gecktechs/2_zpskvabidxd.jpg (http://s1224.photobucket.com/user/gecktechs/media/2_zpskvabidxd.jpg.html)

Eltjar
07-19-2017, 05:18 PM
The proportions really look off... might be the lights, but from this angle, it looks like he has an
extra can of tuna slipped under the suit and plazed it above his bizep

That is exactly the reason why i hate this fabric stuff - they have to massively overexaggerate the
poroportions to somehow get any muscle definition through it, that most off the time it just looks
off by a mile compared to the anatomy known from the comics and the definition a fully sculpted
statue offers.

I really love Batman.. just not with his pyjamas on :rant:

But, thats probably just me ;)

EnShinNoi
07-19-2017, 05:24 PM
Staring at this Batman, I feel like I'm Robin having done something disapproved.

forps
07-19-2017, 05:36 PM
Guys, all in all, forps says

This Batman LSF is probably the biggest LETDOWN of the show. The pose, the proportions, the base are all leading to a rather awkward sculpt. Probably the worst statue of the show (from these early pictures). The only thing that survives is the fabric/mixed media.

Shoo
07-19-2017, 05:36 PM
Staring at this Batman, I feel like I'm Robin having done something unapproved.

Vendetta
07-19-2017, 06:22 PM
:ignore:

Do you still regret preordering Zodd? ;)

The pose is weird, and his expression is overly frown-y, as others have said; I thought it looked better in the sneak, somehow.

leplant
07-19-2017, 06:39 PM
This looks really good. Haven't purchased a legendary scale figure for a while, but this one may pull me back in. Wish they had followed through on the Cat Woman with matching base. Posed together, that would be quite a display.

Shoo
07-19-2017, 06:43 PM
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/BT_SDCC2017_055.jpg

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/BT_SDCC2017_056.jpg

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/BT_SDCC2017_059.jpg

Not feeling that pose.

jpuli28
07-19-2017, 06:50 PM
Hands are out way too far. Not so sure about the abs either.

Shoo
07-19-2017, 06:52 PM
Hands are out way too far.

Yup, it's the new Darth Vader PF all over again.

Indomitus
07-19-2017, 06:57 PM
Looks like he just stepped in some dog poop and not too happy about it....

Or the Bat River Dance!! Why so serious Batman!?!

BlackestNight
07-19-2017, 07:01 PM
I see a very comic based Batman, through and through, not looking to like it but do

Shoo
07-19-2017, 07:09 PM
I see a very comic based Batman, through and through

That's the thing - it looks affected to me. If he didn't have both hands in a fist, it'd feel a bit more natural to me.

A switch-out hand would help in my opinion, but that's not a thing with LSFs.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/BT_SDCC2017_055.jpg

Falkor
07-19-2017, 07:11 PM
I love how Sideshow is filled with several accomplished artists who are all very talented, but sometimes people on this forum act like Sideshow is an art school for blind kids.

Brent72
07-19-2017, 07:15 PM
I love how Sideshow is filled with several accomplished artists who are all very talented, but sometimes people on this forum act like Sideshow is an art school for blind kids.

An art school for blind kids would be embarrassed by some of their finished products.

Sorry, that was just too easy, :D

supermetroid
07-19-2017, 07:18 PM
I'm jealous of his 8 pack. It kind of looks like he's looking at Superman flying and trying to take off himself but can't and that's why he's angry.

Shoo
07-19-2017, 07:21 PM

I love how I made sure to say that was all my opinion and yet there's always someone who can't accept that. This is not an exact science.

PS: Several of those artists gave us that Christopher Reeve Superman PF.

loricstone
07-19-2017, 07:28 PM
Pretty disappointing I must say. I just don't understand the pose at all. The frown expression is overdone as well. Nope SS can do better on this. Or...maybe not...they play it too safe...This is yet another example of that.

Buzzie
07-19-2017, 07:35 PM
Sorry, just FAIL.

Gothamite
07-19-2017, 07:51 PM
Looks like he smelled poop.

Vracula
07-19-2017, 07:53 PM
That is one ugly man under that mask.

Aphotic
07-19-2017, 08:04 PM
He's a sad ballerina

actionjackson83
07-19-2017, 08:23 PM
Dainty batman looking like he's curtsying

Josh-a-tron
07-19-2017, 11:27 PM
Wow, some of you guys are overly harsh, and some of the comments are just ignorant. I get not everyone will like everything and that people have different subjective taste. For those saying a blind kids class could do better, I'd like to see your sculptures, please go ahead and post them.

As for those of you who had criticisms and kept it civil :buttrock:

Sometimes this forum just makes me never want to meet any other collectors.

Vracula
07-19-2017, 11:35 PM
With Sideshow it's always like that though , it's either " WOW this can't be topped!" to " WOW how did this get approved!"

It just speaks to the freedom that their sculptors have , sometimes I hate it but sometimes I absolutley love it.

Sideshow is my fav company bar none because of this . Never know what to expect from them.

COI
07-19-2017, 11:38 PM
With Sideshow it's always like that though , it's either " WOW this can't be topped!" to " WOW how did this get approved!"

It just speaks to the freedom that their sculptors have , sometimes I hate it but sometimes I absolutley love it.

Sideshow is my fav company bar none because of this . Never know what to expect from them.

I think it speaks to the fact that collectors are man-children.

Josh-a-tron
07-19-2017, 11:40 PM

And I agree with some of the criticisms that were actually constructive. Both hands in the same pose throws this off a bit, the belt is a little too cartoonish, and his shoulders are slightly oversized.

The rest are garbage posts. Especially about him being too angry? How is that a thing with Batman? Outside the Hulk he might be the angriest comic book hero out there.

I still dig this, but I'm also going to agree that if there are no switch-outs for the hands and this thing is priced anything over $2500, and even that might be a bit of stretch, I'll probably bow out completely.

GenoToys
07-19-2017, 11:46 PM
I like it...But I wanted to love it. I so wanted to add this to my Batman collection, but it might be a pass.

I think it would look a lot better if it was fully sculpted, and no fabric. Belt is a bit too cartoony. And the head sculpt is okay.

Josh-a-tron
07-19-2017, 11:48 PM
I like it...But I wanted to love it. I so wanted to add this to my Batman collection, but it might be a pass.

I think it would look a lot better if it was fully sculpted, and no fabric. Belt is a bit too cartoony. And the head sculpt is okay.

I agree with that, I think fully sculpted was probably a better way to go, but I can't fault them for trying fabric either.

pokritz17
07-20-2017, 12:06 AM
i was so excited to see this, but just not feeling it

Matches Malone
07-20-2017, 12:07 AM
Lots of deal breaking elements on this one for me. Really don't like the direction they took his torso musculature and that utility belt has me scratching my head.

Iko Iko
07-20-2017, 12:32 AM
Pass.

Vracula
07-20-2017, 01:56 AM
https://www.cultture.com/pics/2015/08/batroc.jpg

Hellboy
07-20-2017, 01:57 AM
Odd pose. Wonder what he stepped in?

SuperJ300
07-20-2017, 02:29 AM
I would struggle to buy this at 1/4. Just not doing it for me.

Looks depressing.

Comicbookguy
07-20-2017, 02:44 AM
He's a sad ballerina

Lol.. not feeling it. He looks sad in his facial expression? For the new double prices no thanks!

Bill Lehecka
07-20-2017, 02:59 AM
I like it. But there are elements that probably should be tweaked. He looks a little too old to me.

I wonder if people aren't feeling it because it just looks so boring compared to the concept art possibilities from a few years ago.

How tall is it? Does anyone have a guestimate?

Josh-a-tron
07-20-2017, 07:19 AM
I like it. But there are elements that probably should be tweaked. He looks a little too old to me.

I wonder if people aren't feeling it because it just looks so boring compared to the concept art possibilities from a few years ago.

How tall is it? Does anyone have a guestimate?

If he's in scale, I'd guess about 44" from bottm of base to the top of his bat ears.

SolidLiquidFox
07-20-2017, 07:42 AM
I come back to looking at pics of this but feel that they phoned this one in. It's Batman in half scale for pete's sake. This should impress but seems very meh.

I think more could have been done with the pose and the cape. Darken the yellow of the belt a bit.

BurningRage
07-20-2017, 08:27 AM
Prefer if they used the pf costume.

Atheris
07-20-2017, 12:09 PM
Not digging it, just feels very blah and lazy.

Not a fan of that costume in the slightest.

Chris

BOWEN NUT
07-20-2017, 01:09 PM
So, can anyone tell me where I can see a picture of the Jim Lee Hush Batman statue we are supposed to see at this year's SDCC??

BlackestNight
07-20-2017, 01:32 PM
So, can anyone tell me where I can see a picture of the Jim Lee Hush Batman statue we are supposed to see at this year's SDCC??

As far as know that's suppose to be at Wonderfest under the Prime 1 name.

gomur
07-20-2017, 02:04 PM
I would struggle to buy this at 1/4. Just not doing it for me.

Looks depressing.

I wouldn't get this at 1/6. And I unapologetically love that scale. :(

Not sure where to begin. The exaggerated brow on the mask? The odd looking torso? The pedestrian pose? IMO this pales in comparison to the Catwoman LSF - that should've been made.

forps
07-21-2017, 12:30 PM
Sideshow, dont even THINK of releasing this thing! At least change the laughable pose and the placement of his arms! Its a joke, easily the WORST statue you came up with the last 2 years!

Prime1 is now GOATing in the large scales department, Prime1 will eat you alive if you continue with LSFs like this! Its a joke, for gods sake, especially for 2k or 2.5k!

Bill Lehecka
07-21-2017, 12:33 PM
Sideshow, dont even THINK of releasing this thing! At least change the laughable pose and the placement of his arms! Its a joke, easily the WORST statue you came up with the last 2 years!

Prime1 is now GOATing in the large scales department, Prime1 will eat you alive if you continue with LSFs like this! Its a joke, for gods sake, especially for 2k or 2.5k!

I haven't seen you post this before. I mean, you wouldn't go into threads and post the same thing over and over again, would you?

If it makes you feel any better, I showed this to my girlfriend and she wasn't a fan either.

Bullseye
07-21-2017, 12:35 PM
I really don't think 1:2 scale pieces work for the most part. Unless you are trying to convey the complexities of a suit ala Ironman it kind of looks boring at this scale. I think 1/3 or 1/4 scale with some kind of movement is much more effective.

SONICobra
07-21-2017, 12:36 PM

hopefully at next weeks wonderfest :thumbs2:

Josh-a-tron
07-21-2017, 12:40 PM
I really don't think 1:2 scale pieces work for the most part. Unless you are trying to convey the complexities of a suit ala Ironman it kind of looks boring at this scale. I think 1/3 or 1/4 scale with some kind of movement is much more effective.

Well, I think at Half Scale you can still do that, actually just as easily as you can at 1/3rd, but honestly I also think the point of 1/2 scales are their size which is why they are almost always some sort of static and upright pose.

What I do not get is why they think this can not be achieved with a similar pose to the Doctor Doom they did. Sure it's captain Morgan like the PF, but so is the Doom LSF. Really I think more people would be on board of he was on a Roof Top(no Gargoyle), Holding a Batarang like he was about to throw it.

That probably would have resonated better.

Bill Lehecka
07-21-2017, 12:41 PM

I agree. Like the Iron Studios Batman just looks so much cooler because it looks like something is going on. It conveys motion and emotion.

1:2 scale seem to be boring static poses. You need something like a Doom Legendary Scale that shows something.... different.

And again, I think more people are calling the Legendary Scale Bats boring because of that awesome concept art released a few years ago which shows 4 poses that were infinitely better than what we have.

Bowen or Bust
07-21-2017, 12:45 PM

1/2 scale pieces look like a little person wearing a costume imo ... not a fan at all .

Hellboy
07-21-2017, 12:47 PM
1/2 scale pieces look like a little person wearing a costume imo ... not a fan at all .

Agreed. That's always been my issue with them. It's just an awkward looking scale to me. 1:3 is as big as I'd go before going lifesize.

BlackestNight
07-21-2017, 12:51 PM
I think this will be reworked slightly and return at NYCC, I don't see this going away, it's a fully fledged out piece.

I think pose is designed with him standing next to Supes and WW in mind. The hall of justice style base also screams this. If it was designed only within the Batmanverse, it would have the bases of the Arkham PFs and weapon in hand, all in IMO

Minor tweek wishlist:

-full on Arkham guarded style boots, covering the laces.
-right hand grapple gun or Batarang switchout
-straight face ala the Arkham origins picture posted above, rather than the grimace.
-darker yellow, more militarily canvas style material for the belt and metal looking clasp not plastic.

forps
07-21-2017, 12:52 PM
I haven't seen you post this before. I mean, you wouldn't go into threads and post the same thing over and over again, would you?

If it makes you feel any better, I showed this to my girlfriend and she wasn't a fan either.

She has a GOOD eye! Trust her views and judgement!

I am simply stressing the need for this NEVER to be produced. Sideshow's image would be ruined! Prime 1 is GOATing in large scales (1/3) and they are improving. A way to "save" the sculpt is to change the pose and the placement of arms, but again why to waste time and resources? Better to re-done this LSF from scratch.

SONICobra
07-21-2017, 12:54 PM

i agree, super bizarre scale. i said something similar in a prime1 thread and someone told me that complaint is ridiculous and doesnt make any sense. but its a statue of a 3' human in a costume so....

supermetroid
07-21-2017, 01:03 PM
I agree. Like the Iron Studios Batman just looks so much cooler because it looks like something is going on. It conveys motion and emotion.

1:2 scale seem to be boring static poses. You need something like a Doom Legendary Scale that shows something.... different.

And again, I think more people are calling the Legendary Scale Bats boring because of that awesome concept art released a few years ago which shows 4 poses that were infinitely better than what we have.

Agreed. That's always been my issue with them. It's just an awkward looking scale to me. 1:3 is as big as I'd go before going lifesize.

Yeah, I agree except I'd never go life size, I don't have a mansion lol. Almost every 1/2 I've seen has a stiff or unnatural pose with the exceptions being Dr. Doom and Wolverine(who I think had leaning problems). I think a folded arms pose would be so much better even for this Batman, at least it wouldn't look so awkward.

Hellboy
07-21-2017, 01:59 PM
Yeah, I agree except I'd never go life size, I don't have a mansion lol. Almost every 1/2 I've seen has a stiff or unnatural pose with the exceptions being Dr. Doom and Wolverine(who I think had leaning problems). I think a folded arms pose would be so much better even for this Batman, at least it wouldn't look so awkward.

Yeah, the only lifesize piece I own is Yoda. I'd never be able to afford or display anything human size.

Darkest Knight
07-21-2017, 02:11 PM
i agree, super bizarre scale. i said something similar in a prime1 thread and someone told me that complaint is ridiculous and doesnt make any sense. but its a statue of a 3' human in a costume so....

It is ridiculous and doesnt make any sense. A PF is an 18" statue of a human in a costume, and a 1/3 is a 24" statue of a human in a costume so....

SONICobra
07-21-2017, 02:15 PM
It is ridiculous and doesnt make any sense. A PF is an 18" statue of a human in a costume, and a 1/3 is a 24" statue of a human in a costume so....

lol was it you? do you honestly find it so hard to believe that people think a 3' tall statue of a person resembles a 3' tall child? as you can see, im not the only one

RadAsGhoul
07-21-2017, 02:17 PM
hopefully at next weeks wonderfest :thumbs2:

Kelvin said that unfortunately he won't be shown until winter :/
Unless he's deceiving me!

SONICobra
07-21-2017, 04:05 PM
Kelvin said that unfortunately he won't be shown until winter :/
Unless he's deceiving me!

ugh... worst news ever

Indomitus
07-21-2017, 07:58 PM
ugh... worst news ever

Sad news but the good news is time to save the pennies for this line....Hush!

67L88Stingray
07-21-2017, 08:59 PM

P1 Batman 1/2 post is even more static and still works perfectly. This SS pose is just wonky, don't care for it at all(but that is par for the course with SS, their "pose" department usually picks poorly).

Also, the idea that these look like kids in costumes at this scale is a tired joke that gets repeated way too much, they just don't.

Vracula
07-21-2017, 09:13 PM
I hope they go back to the drawing board with this one. I highly doubt it though.

supermetroid
07-21-2017, 09:16 PM
I hope they go back to the drawing board with this one. I highly doubt it though.

With the reception it's getting I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up along with the LSF Catwoman and Indiana Jones.

Josh-a-tron
07-21-2017, 09:18 PM
Hey, if they can make it look better, let them. But this kind of thing usually means what Supermetroid said.

Vracula
07-21-2017, 09:27 PM
It's BATMAN! How can they fliipin mess up batman?

Josh-a-tron
07-21-2017, 09:28 PM
It's BATMAN! How can they fliipin mess up batman?

Lol, do you know how many times I've said that while watching a movie?

sketch
07-21-2017, 09:54 PM
This piece is impressive both in scale and quality and I look forward to adding it to my collection - looks to be a Martin Canale and Gore Group sculpt and his extreme grimace reminds of the Wolverine LSF. With that said I am also disappointed as it is such an epic character and it is difficult not to hope for and expect more. We've been inundated of late with so many high quality Batman statues from competitors that the bar to impress is now perhaps set at an unrealistically high level (especially at this price point). Regardless, some subtle changes such as decreasing the size of the belt and pouches and adding a batarang or grappling gun to his left hand would result in a more impressive piece that would be much better received.

forps
07-22-2017, 03:15 AM
Guys, there is nothing to debate. This is the WORST statue of the con for Sideshow. I wrote it numerous times, the pose is awkward, it needs major improvements. If Sideshow decides to compete with Prime1, she will have some early misses (like Prime1), but there would be a gradual improvement.

The head sculpt is nice, i like it. I hate the arms and the pose. The head or the musculature or the mixed media are good. Pose and arms are a JOKE. PERIOD. I said it from second 1, i am not going to change anything. A total MISS from Sideshow. Change the pose ASAP !

Vracula
07-22-2017, 03:20 AM
Guys, there is nothing to debate. This is the WORST statue of the con for Sideshow. I wrote it numerous times, the pose is awkward, it needs major improvements. If Sideshow decides to compete with Prime1, she will have some early misses (like Prime1), but there would be a gradual improvement.

The head sculpt is nice, i like it. I hate the arms and the pose. The head or the musculature or the mixed media are good. Pose and arms are a JOKE. PERIOD. I said it from second 1, i am not going to change anything. A total MISS from Sideshow. Change the pose ASAP !

I heard you quit the administration Mr Spicer. Good on ya Mate.

Lionore
07-22-2017, 04:28 AM
I recently purchased the P1 1/2 scale Batman and was looking forward to get the comic counterpart to accompany it. So i've had high hopes SSC will deliver a great comic based LSF.

But... the outcome is a disappointment, the pose is unfitting, there is an overall cheapness surrounding this pieces, the head is nothing new, and since i own 2 PFs by SSC(blue and black) as well as the 2 Busts (blue and black), the head sculpt seems to me exactly identical, SSC lacks imagination and freshness.
The worst part of the LSF is the feeling of seeing an overgrown version of the PF.

LSF pales in comparison with P1's 1/2 scale, sorry SSC but P1 nailed all the way.

Here is a shot of my Bats, i would feel sorry to place the LSF next to this masterpiece:

http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=106302&stc=1&d=1500711626

http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=106303&stc=1&d=1500711414

http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=106304&stc=1&d=1500711482

honestly, I HAD high hopes over the LSF but SSC has a reputation of churning out just irrespective of quality. And this is coming from someone who has supported ITS dc LINE. I was expecting much more.but huge Let down. I hope they fix it and show us a better version in the future