PDA

View Full Version : Chronicle Jurassic Park 1:1 Hammond Cane Prop

ParadiseCollect
07-21-2017, 09:20 AM
Hey guys and gals,

This is Derek Z. founder of Paradise Collectibles Group. :) Note to Mods or the Admin: Please feel free to verify this account or confirm my credentials if need be. I don't know what the procedure is here and don't want to bamboozle anyone.

I wanted to start a thread for our Jurassic Park John Hammond Cane Exclusive that Chronicle Collectibles is doing for us. I'm very excited to get to know everyone here and hopefully make some new friends as well!

My best contact is email at the moment: derek@paradisecollect.com Message me anytime to chat!

I am a fellow collector and working with a company like Chronicle has been a dream come true! Especially considering the fact that Jurassic Park is my all time favorite franchise! I was lucky enough to visit their HQ a while back and got a full tour of their studio. It was amazing and I want to go back soon! Special thanks to Amy Garrett and Paul Francis for putting up with me and helping our company have a smooth launch amidst the chaos of managing a startup. Also, shout out to Clay Brown. Clay is very friendly and is also a collector himself.

So, our Pre-Order for the Cane is now LIVE and can be found here: https://www.paradisecollect.com/jurassic-park-john-hammond-cane/

http://i.imgur.com/p8LS4Wd.jpg

We "Spared No Expense" (hehe) in getting our shop live and up and running!

More Information on the Hammond Cane:

Chronicle Collectibles has partnered with Paradise Collectibles Group to produce the John Hammond Cane from Jurassic Park.

Comes with a logo Jurassic Park wall plaque and fully authorized by Universal Studios.

$249.99 and you can pre-order now! We also are offering payment plans and there are a few nice discount promo codes floating around if you are at San Diego Comic Con right now. ;)

“CREATION IS AN ACT OF SHEER WILL.”

Celebrate the legacy of Jurassic Park by bringing home a piece of history with this exclusive limited edition 1:1 prop replica of John Hammond’s Amber Cane, cast from an original studio prop with an expertly crafted finish. Special Jurassic Park logo plaque, hanger clip, and wall mount hardware included.

“SPARED NO EXPENSE.”

Visionary, venture capitalist, and philanthropist, John Parker Hammond was the CEO & Founder of InGen (International Genetic Technologies Inc.). His dream of de-extinction became a reality in 1986 with the first successful cloning of a dinosaur— created by extracting its blood from a prehistoric mosquito trapped in fossilized amber. To commemorate this event, John spared no expense and turned that very piece of amber into the top gem of his expertly crafted custom cane complete with an elegant dinosaur bone themed design.

Hammond’s flamboyant nature and billionaire style was legendary and his cane was no exception.
Celebrate the legacy of Jurassic Park by taking home a piece of iconic cinema history with this exclusive limited prop replica run of John Hammond’s cane, cast from an original studio prop.

DIMENSIONS 33″ H (838.2mm) x 2″ W (50.8mm) x 1″ L (25.4mm)

WEIGHT: Approx. 3 lbs

MANUFACTURER: Chronicle Collectibles

EDITION SIZE: 1,000 (and selling fast!)

SHIPPING: Estimated 3rd Quarter to early 4th Quarter2017.

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

-John Hammond Cane
-Jurassic Park logo plaque with wall mount
-Hardware/mounting kit
-Collectible display box designed by Bob Lindenmayer
-Sparing no expense and feeling like John Hammond

*Typos are my own and our courtesy of my iPhone or horrible typing and lack of sleep. :P

-Derek

FROBAY
07-21-2017, 09:28 AM
Nice. Welcome to the Forum.

Chronicle CS
07-21-2017, 09:29 AM
Derek is the real deal!

ParadiseCollect
07-21-2017, 09:32 AM
Thank you Frobay and ChronicleCS! I'll try and get some pictures on here of the Hammond Cane sample we have at the office later this morning.

Chrisrex82
07-21-2017, 11:34 AM
Looks great, welcome!

jinkazama
07-21-2017, 12:45 PM
Welcome to Jurassic Forum :D

Adam_Warlock
07-21-2017, 02:22 PM
Anybody lucky enough to make the con want to share the code??

allosaur176
07-21-2017, 10:25 PM
Already ordered!

ParadiseCollect
07-22-2017, 02:09 AM
Already ordered!

Awesome! Thank you. :)

The Cane is selling well! I'm happy with the interest we're getting and the hits on our website, considering we just launched two days ago.

We'll be close to 100 pre-orders if the trend continues through the weekend.

takuGuy
07-22-2017, 08:00 AM
Preordered before the site officially launched. Really excited to get my hands on this.

JPBF
07-22-2017, 10:43 AM
A little more expensive than I was hoping. Looks cool though

Boboli
07-25-2017, 03:13 PM
Awesome just ordered one for my daughters growing Jurassic Collection.
Can't wait to see what other products PCG will bring us!

Ezhil
11-24-2017, 09:23 AM
Paid in full today. Decent shipping cost through usps

KCLasse
11-24-2017, 11:36 AM
Ordered 😃 can’t wait

89Batman
03-19-2018, 02:24 PM
Has anybody here ordered the Hammond Cane through Paradise Collectibles and got any updates of when we might actually have them? I was told 3 weeks ago, they'd be shipping 2 weeks ago, and have heard nothing since. I also never received order confirmations or anything since paying for it in August (I have the visa statements to prove it). They don't respond to facebook messages and they don't respond to emails. I'm starting to feel like we've been scammed.

Adam_Warlock
03-19-2018, 04:09 PM
Has anybody here ordered the Hammond Cane through Paradise Collectibles and got any updates of when we might actually have them? I was told 3 weeks ago, they'd be shipping 2 weeks ago, and have heard nothing since. I also never received order confirmations or anything since paying for it in August (I have the visa statements to prove it). They don't respond to facebook messages and they don't respond to emails. I'm starting to feel like we've been scammed.

I highly doubt we have been scammed, but their communication skills are complete ----. This is according to their twitter feed.

"Our Jurassic Park Chronicle Collectibles 1:1 John Hammond Cane has arrived. Quality Control inspectisns occurring now. More details coming in the next newsletter update this week! Check your inbox. Thank you everyone for your patience and pre-orders! We’ll take care of you ASAP!"

Dinos4Ever
03-19-2018, 06:14 PM
Derek Zrncic is no scammer, trust me. He's one of the most honest, stand up people in the fandom. Derek is just very busy. He has a career outside of JP, and does get back to messages eventually.

Adam_Warlock
03-19-2018, 10:12 PM
Derek Zrncic is no scammer, trust me. He's one of the most honest, stand up people in the fandom. Derek is just very busy. He has a career outside of JP, and does get back to messages eventually.

LOL this is a joke right? While I believe you he is not a scammer and I personally have not reached out to them, if he is that busy he should hire someone to take care of communication. Saying he has a career outside of JP is not an excuse for poor customer service. Oh wait, it's ok because he gets back to people "eventually". Think about how long you would expect to wait from an Internet service provider, credit card company, tv provider, bank etc regarding an issue. This should be no different. 24-48 hours maybe? From some comments I have seen on their instagram from customers they have waited months.

Dinos4Ever
03-21-2018, 05:11 PM
Ahhhh, the good old entitled "gimme now!" routine. I really have to wonder why I try being a part of the Jurassic Park fandom at all. Everyone's either an entitled child, or tries to be king of the hill. There's thankfully a handful of people in this fandom that are decent people, and be thankful Derek is one of them.

Boogeyman13
03-21-2018, 06:07 PM
Expecting timely responses to things is not entitlement. If he's taking a very long time to respond to inquiries (good customer service is no more than a couple hours during normal business hours, and absolutely no longer than a couple days), is missing deadlines without communicating to his customers, or is just generally having poor communication, then that's just bad customer service, and is kind of unprofessional. Saying he has a career outside of Paradise is not an excuse.

If he can't do both in a timely an professional manner, then he shouldn't do one in general. Especially since it could come back to reflect poorly on CC, as they chose him to be a partner in distributing this piece.

Chronicle CS
03-21-2018, 09:21 PM
Especially since it could come back to reflect poorly on CC, as they chose him to be a partner in distributing this piece.

I'm going to cover how companies occasionally hire us to make a product during this Friday's FB Live to give everyone a better understanding of this common industry practice. Please join us then. Thanks!!

- Robert

67L88Stingray
03-21-2018, 11:53 PM
Ahhhh, the good old entitled "gimme now!" routine. I really have to wonder why I try being a part of the Jurassic Park fandom at all. Everyone's either an entitled child, or tries to be king of the hill. There's thankfully a handful of people in this fandom that are decent people, and be thankful Derek is one of them.

http://www.doomedsince1889.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

89Batman
03-27-2018, 09:54 AM
Another week with no news or updates.

yankeetrex
03-27-2018, 03:38 PM
From my understanding there was an issue with the numbering of the canes on the display boxes and they did not arrive with individual shipping boxes and they are working as fast as they can to remedy the issue to get them shipped out, but I had heard that from another collector, so not sure if its true.

My guess would be the shipping boxes were supposed to be supplied by Paradise in order to have their logo/name on the outer shipping box but wires got crossed.

dannygarrett09
03-27-2018, 04:52 PM
I heard that he was waiting for the boxes to come from the printers and should be receiving them soon so he can distribute them

Chronicle CS
03-27-2018, 06:42 PM
From my understanding there was an issue with the numbering of the canes when they received them and they are working as fast as they can to remedy the issue, but I had heard that from another collector, so not sure if its true.

Rumor control: There is no issue with the numbering that we are aware of. We have delivered them to Paradise Collect and it’s all up to them from this point on what happens next as far as customer distribution. I explained this in further detail during FB Live last week.

- Robert

89Batman
04-03-2018, 12:35 PM
5 weeks now... You can be sure I will never purchase from Paradise again.

takuGuy
04-03-2018, 03:13 PM
I emailed him about canceling my order back in early January because canceling my order didn’t automatically refund the payments I had made. I’ve gotten nothing but radio silence for three months now.

But you know it’s cool that he’s got another job...or whatever.

Adam_Warlock
04-03-2018, 04:29 PM
I emailed him about canceling my order back in early January because canceling my order didn’t automatically refund the payments I had made. I’ve gotten nothing but radio silence for three months now.

Oh yeah for sure he has another job. He doesn't deal with Jurassic Park full time so it's ok. It's just your hard earned money.

Boogeyman13
04-03-2018, 04:41 PM
I thought about ordering this. Becoming increasingly glad I didn't.

takuGuy
04-04-2018, 01:16 PM
Oh yeah for sure he has another job. He doesn't deal with Jurassic Park full time so it's ok. It's just your hard earned money.

Yeah, I’m really hoping that Chronicle doesn’t sell any future products exclusively through a third party seller again. I know they really don’t have any control over Paradise at this point, but they shouldn’t have made this deal in the first place.

ChrisLikesDinos
04-07-2018, 03:07 PM
I have the cane. It looks fantastic.

https://i.imgur.com/2T6YCiX.jpg

Working to get a review done in a bit.

I don't work for Paradise Collect, but out of curiosity, did you pay via PayPal and request a full refund?

Per the cancellation policy:

If you placed a pre-order, you can request to cancel it by contacting our customer service. All payments will be refunded except for a non-refundable portion to cover the cancellation and processing fees. For orders under $1,000.00, the non-refundable portion is 10% of the full retail price of each item. For orders over $1,000.00 & Special Orders, we may access up to 20% of the total order price depending on the circumstances.

It's possible that it's being contested, and thus held up. Though yes, I understand that the lack of communication is frustrating.

67L88Stingray
04-07-2018, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I’m really hoping that Chronicle doesn’t sell any future products exclusively through a third party seller again. I know they really don’t have any control over Paradise at this point, but they shouldn’t have made this deal in the first place.

Chronicle made them FOR Paradise, they are not exclusively selling a Chronicle piece. It isn't really a Chronicle branded product which is why they aren't selling it themselves and don't have control over how they do business so don't blame Chronicle.

MikemBHD
04-08-2018, 01:49 AM
Been waiting for in hand pics before I order but with what is going on I’m having doubts

ChrisLikesDinos
04-08-2018, 05:25 AM
Chronicle made them FOR Paradise, they are not exclusively selling a Chronicle piece. It isn't really a Chronicle branded product which is why they aren't selling it themselves and don't have control over how they do business so don't blame Chronicle.

This is patently untrue. Chronicle wanted to make a Hammond Cane, and cut a deal with Paradise for exclusive distribution. It's a Chronicle piece through and through.

67L88Stingray
04-08-2018, 05:39 AM
This is patently untrue. Chronicle wanted to make a Hammond Cane, and cut a deal with Paradise for exclusive distribution. It's a Chronicle piece through and through, I was there when the deal was made.
That is really splitting hairs and basically exactly my what I said. It is made by CC, but not handled by them at all once it is produced. They aren't shipping from Chronicle, so what is your point?

ChrisLikesDinos
04-08-2018, 10:10 AM
That is really splitting hairs and basically exactly my what I said. It is made by CC, but not handled by them at all once it is produced. They aren't shipping from Chronicle, so what is your point?

That's fair, but just saying, 'It isn't really a Chronicle branded product' isn't the best way to paint it, as it sounds misleading to what the piece is.

franktank
04-08-2018, 01:30 PM
[QUOTE=ChrisLikesDinos;5590211]I have the cane. It looks fantastic.

I know it says “not intended for use” but.....

Do you think it’s sturdy enough to actually use?
It’s really not all that much more costly than a nice everyday cane.

I’ve been waiting to hear some more positive reviews before I order one but I’d also actually like to use it.

MikemBHD
04-08-2018, 02:10 PM
I have the cane. It looks fantastic.

Working to get a review done in a bit

Did you happen to get the review done I’d like to see better pics than what they have on the site

ChrisLikesDinos
04-08-2018, 11:54 PM
Not yet, but I will try to get the review done soon! Just been bogged down by so many side projects and work.

[QUOTE=ChrisLikesDinos;5590211]I have the cane. It looks fantastic.

I know it says “not intended for use” but.....

Do you think it’s sturdy enough to actually use?
It’s really not all that much more costly than a nice everyday cane.

I’ve been waiting to hear some more positive reviews before I order one but I’d also actually like to use it.

Honestly, I don't think so.

You could probably cosplay with it though, if careful! I don't really know what it's made out of, and don't want to stress test it, haha.

Chronicle CS
04-09-2018, 12:53 PM
Guys,

It's our product, we made it, we shipped it to Paradise.

In hindsight, we would never do this again, I don't know why it's taking so long to ship a few canes.

I hope that these are shipped in a timely fashion and our patience is wearing as thin as yours.

The delays for the product rest at my feet, but the delay to get boxes should have been sorted before the product landed.

Paul

Darkstar
04-09-2018, 05:11 PM
Paul,
I'm certainly NOT upset at Chronicle at all. And I certainly don't think that this reflects poorly on CS at all. And production delays happen especially when dealing with a foreign country. Stuff Happens.

I'm pissed at Derek and his constant excuses.

Turns out he is/was also the 'president' of SGZ collectibles (SGZ the initials of one of his female relatives).

He has patently refused to respond to the multitude of attempts I have made regarding my order made about 9 MONTHS AGO.

I have posted on the Paradise FB group page, the Paradise Twitter page, even sent him a PM on his personal FB Messenger page and finally called his 'company' phone and left a message last Friday giving him 24 hours to respond to me otherwise I would be contacting the authorities in Mechanicsburg PA and the PA State Attorney's office and file a complaint of fraud. I might even consider a cyber crime or mail fraud complaint.

NINE MONTHS???????

CS is clear of any wrongdoing that I can see. It lies squarely on Derek Zrncic's shoulders.

I have even been contacted by another customer in Canada that hasn't had any word either.

And as far as any 'newsletter' updates, I've been subscribed to his 'newsletter' since I purchased the cane and haven't had one update at all. And his 'newsletter' isn't going into my spam folder so his excuse is just BS.

ParadiseCollect/Derek Zrncic needs to come clean or face the legal consequences.

Chronicle CS
04-09-2018, 07:26 PM
I think you're being a little dramatic.

We made a quality product and most of the delays were my fault, but that's because I've been pushing the factories to raise the quality of our JP products.

Derek is somewhat new to the licensed merchandise arena and we all make mistakes. When we started we weren't as responsive as I would have liked to be, now we have five people that interact with our fans and customers and I feel we're on it.

I'm in no way making excuses for Derek other than he's new and I think everyone should be a little patient and see if he starts shipping canes.

We still have some recourse if he were to default, so be patient. I don't want anyone to think that we've abandoned you and short of jumping on a plane and going out there and knocking on his door, there isn't much we can do right now.

Universal is watching to see how this gets resolved, hopefully sooner than later.

Paul

Darkstar
04-09-2018, 08:39 PM
Sorry if you think that I'm being a little dramatic. I've had 9 months of almost no communications, save for one 'update' last year and finally an email today.

Derek was/is the 'president of SGZ Collectibles so he's not that new to the business.

And I'm sorry if my preference for receiving responses to my emails in 9 months seems a little dramatic.

I'm just a customer that prefers to be treated well when I spend almost $300 on an item.

Chronicle CS
04-09-2018, 08:53 PM
I understand your frustration, it's not uncommon to wait up to two years for a product, however we don't usually go over eight to ten months.

After reading your emails it seems that there are a lot of excuses.

He just needs to get the outer shipping boxes, he was never told by anyone on our team that they needed to be printed with logos. The art box takes care of all of the legal and he knew full well these were needed months ago.

So that being said, we're watching and so is Universal.

Paul

Darkstar
04-09-2018, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the reply, Paul.

I hope that it is resolved soon.

Boogeyman13
04-10-2018, 11:14 AM
Paul,

Thank you for getting involved and helping make things a bit more transparent, at least from your side. I've been on the fence about buying this cane, but the problems posted here and on FB about the problems with Paradise have kept me from ordering. Hopefully this can all be resolved, or an alternative can be figured out. But thanks for opening the line of communication that Paradise seemingly will not do.

Adam_Warlock
04-10-2018, 02:10 PM
I think all anyone is asking for is COMMUNICATION. This is not about product delays. If you can't respond to customers in 9 months you should not be selling products. Doesn't take years of business experience to know that customers deserve open communication. Will never buy from Paradise again.

Chronicle CS
04-10-2018, 05:55 PM
I'll take the heat for the delays, the customer service and box issues I lay directly at their feet.

You can't treat customers this way and expect them to just be patient.

Paul

Darkstar
04-10-2018, 09:20 PM
I think all anyone is asking for is COMMUNICATION. This is not about product delays. If you can't respond to customers in 9 months you should not be selling products. Doesn't take years of business experience to know that customers deserve open communication. Will never buy from Paradise again.

Agreed. That was my point as well. Delays happen, especially when you're dealing with manufacturers in foreign countries. Crap happens.

BUT, a company NEEDS to listen and respond to their customers otherwise they won't have customers for very long.

I just want this resolved, hopefully with the cane that I ordered in new, undamaged and complete condition.

Thanks, A.W. for stating it so well.

89Batman
04-11-2018, 11:17 AM
Update (finally) from Paradise last night:

"While the Canes are in stock, we can't ship them yet without an outer shipping box to ensure a safe delivery.

The good news is that we have already solved this issue by placing a rush order for the boxes. This has however caused a delay in our ability to send out the product immediately as our last update mentioned.

Due to the unique size of the product packaging and dimensions, there aren't any stock sizes available, so we had to go with a custom manufacturing run (and of course want to ship out the full product that includes the appropriate custom labeled outer box), and this took more time.
We are very, very sorry! This issue wasn't known until we started the Q/C process and actually opened a shipping carton (as pictured below). We contacted a trustworthy and reliable supplier for rush quotes on the same day we discovered that the Canes arrived from the factory without outer shipping boxes. This was the fastest possible response time and solution.

The manufacturer for the shipping boxes updated us earlier today with a more new time table: The ETA is now 2-3 weeks. The boxes are being manufactured right now and we will send along updates as they come in.

We're still working with Chronicle Collectibles (the manufacturer and supplier of these exclusive products) to get the word out. This is the last wait for what we promise to be an awesome prop and once in a life time collectible just in time for Jurassic Park's 25th Anniversary!

We'll ship out ALL orders immediately when the corrugated shipping boxes arrive. This is when shipment notifications will be sent out.

We cannot ship the Canes until these shipping boxes arrive.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the final delay in fulfilling your order and enjoy a preview of the final official product images.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding. Please contact our customer service at cs@paradisecollect.com for any other questions about your order."

MikemBHD
04-11-2018, 01:24 PM
So did they send new images of the cane ?

Chronicle CS
04-11-2018, 10:12 PM
First unboxing video is up on Jurassic Fan Quest on Facebook.

- Robert

Boboli
04-11-2018, 11:30 PM
Looks like a quality item !
Looking forward to receiving my piece.

Doge
04-13-2018, 04:32 AM
I sincerelly don't know what else to do, i ordered the cane in may, never had a answer when i asked about it, then after i decided to get a refund a month ago, and many more messages either on his facebook page or his "customer care" e-mail, he is still ignoring me, this is the worst transaction i ever done, and i think i won't see my money back

MikemBHD
04-17-2018, 03:03 PM
What up with the site now ? It’s gone when I went to log on

Boboli
04-17-2018, 03:48 PM
Yes that’s concerning the site is giving 404 error

takuGuy
04-17-2018, 08:15 PM
...so I’m never getting my money back. That’s swell.

Chronicle CS
04-17-2018, 08:37 PM
We are on it...

qz33
04-17-2018, 08:51 PM
Oh my... If y'all knew the thread I just came from to happen on this.

It's all just too much.

67L88Stingray
04-17-2018, 10:00 PM
We are on it...

Might be time to repo those canes back from them

MikemBHD
04-17-2018, 10:05 PM
If that how it is I’ll go through my bank and get my money back

Kefka2200
04-17-2018, 10:09 PM
Good luck to all who ordered this, Paradise seems super shady.

Drum18
04-17-2018, 11:11 PM
First unboxing video is up on Jurassic Fan Quest on Facebook.

- RobertOr on YouTube directly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmR1dldaMko

Doge
04-18-2018, 02:00 AM
Nice, Derek cancelled my messages on facebook and now i can't reply anymore, he's covering up everything, this is pathetic and of course i still didn't received my money back

ps. by the way, i have evidence of what i'm saying, Derek of course deleted my message on facebook, he claimed he was in contact over this month, whitch is false, then i said he would address this monday (even thought i reply to him 10 minutes later) never received a message, refund and now this, below is my "conversation" with Derek:

https://imgur.com/a/UJRmT

MikemBHD
04-18-2018, 02:40 AM
Yeah I made the mistake of putting this on order today thought it would all be ok as soon as I did I went back on to make sure my order went through and that’s when the site was gone looks like a big mistake

Doge
04-18-2018, 03:06 AM
If i can't have my money back, i'll make sure to post this everywhere even with multiple facebook accounts, i was patient, but this is ridiculous and now i'm angry

Steve evans
04-18-2018, 03:31 AM
Derek it's time to come clean, you need to tell people what the real problem is...this isn't fair on the people that have ordered this product in good faith!

Doge
04-18-2018, 03:59 AM
if you saw what i posted, i've come to the conclusion that:
- he's so incompetent and has a gigantic ego that prefer to delete and block me instead of admitting that isn't capable of running a business (i doubt it, i refuse to believe it)

- even tho Chronicle sent 1000 canes, we don't know how many people bough them, maybe the sales are low so he doesn't want to refund and hope to send them regardless if you asked to cancel

- he's a scammer, after i read different people saying he's trustworty i'm not sure, maybe he's new to that

considering that he made things up like i was in contact with him many time this month and that i asked to still go though with my order even tho it's a lie and instead of replying to his customers he blocked them and delete the evidence to make it looks as if it's ok, i don't know what to think, legally speaking i don't know if pressing charges from an another country is effective

Adam_Warlock
04-18-2018, 11:17 AM
I have made 5/6 payments on my payment plan now the website is down. LOL does this guy really think he can get away with this? I used my credit card for all 5 payments and will not rest until the fraud department gets all the money back.

Doge
04-18-2018, 12:51 PM
I've found someone on facebook that he is contact with Derek, since i've been banned from the page he's speaking in his place here's my discussion:

https://imgur.com/a/Rk0HT

89Batman
04-24-2018, 03:00 PM
It's been 2 weeks since we got the 2-3 week timeline for shipping! Let's hope they are sent out this week or next.

Darkstar
04-24-2018, 10:25 PM
Paul,

Anything new about Paradise Collectibles since Derek closed down his website for 'maintenance' ?

Ezhil
04-25-2018, 03:29 AM
I got my refund through PayPal

dannygarrett09
04-25-2018, 04:50 AM
I got my refund through PayPal

so does that mean he is refunding everyone who purchased one

The STATUARY
04-25-2018, 10:07 AM
so does that mean he is refunding everyone who purchased one

No I think he means he filed a claim and PayPal's protection refunded him.

Doge
04-25-2018, 10:54 AM
yeah, i didn't received my refund, also the website is partially working

Atheris
04-25-2018, 11:30 AM
So I've been popping in and out of this thread, not fully aware of whats going on. But tell me if this is close, Chronicle decided to distribute its cane through and unknown company for some reason, that company took peoples money and the physical product, shipped nothing and now they're MIA. My question is, why would Chronicle go this route in the first place? Can anyone clarify?

Chris

qz33
04-25-2018, 11:47 AM
Seems Paradise hired Chronicle? These small companies just don't need to deal with so many customers. This and the PCS situation are good examples as to why retailers and middlemen exist.

I think you're being a little dramatic.

We made a quality product and most of the delays were my fault, but that's because I've been pushing the factories to raise the quality of our JP products.

Derek is somewhat new to the licensed merchandise arena and we all make mistakes. When we started we weren't as responsive as I would have liked to be, now we have five people that interact with our fans and customers and I feel we're on it.

I'm in no way making excuses for Derek other than he's new and I think everyone should be a little patient and see if he starts shipping canes.

We still have some recourse if he were to default, so be patient. I don't want anyone to think that we've abandoned you and short of jumping on a plane and going out there and knocking on his door, there isn't much we can do right now.

Universal is watching to see how this gets resolved, hopefully sooner than later.

Paul

I understand your frustration, it's not uncommon to wait up to two years for a product, however we don't usually go over eight to ten months.

After reading your emails it seems that there are a lot of excuses.

He just needs to get the outer shipping boxes, he was never told by anyone on our team that they needed to be printed with logos. The art box takes care of all of the legal and he knew full well these were needed months ago.

So that being said, we're watching and so is Universal.

Paul

Guys,

It's our product, we made it, we shipped it to Paradise.

In hindsight, we would never do this again, I don't know why it's taking so long to ship a few canes.

I hope that these are shipped in a timely fashion and our patience is wearing as thin as yours.

The delays for the product rest at my feet, but the delay to get boxes should have been sorted before the product landed.

Paul

I'm going to cover how companies occasionally hire us to make a product during this Friday's FB Live to give everyone a better understanding of this common industry practice. Please join us then. Thanks!!

- Robert

Ezhil
04-25-2018, 01:04 PM
I claimed my refund through PayPal buyer protection

Doge
04-27-2018, 02:49 PM
I've got minor news about Paradise Collectibles, the website is back online, so that's good i guess? i contacted him again after my last conversation 9 day ago so let's see what happens, i don't know if it's a glitch or what but it seems like messages on his facebook page are getting deleted, the cane supposedly should ship next week, overall i deeply regret that i didn't use paypal,

42 days have passed for a refund let that sinking in for a minute

Darkstar
04-27-2018, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I noticed that posts were getting deleted as well. Probably NOT a glitch but a concerted effort on his part to 'untarnish' his image.

Yeah, I regret not using Paypal as well. Next time (with other vendors) for sure, though.

It took me posting/messaging on his personal Twitter page, personal FB page, Paradise FB page and finally the Paradise website 'customer service' email link and letting him know that if I didn't get a response from him within 3 days, I was going to file fraud complaints with the Mechanicsburg PA police and the PA State Atty General for cyberfraud.

I finally received a reply back with all sorts of excuses as to why I never received a response and the delay on shipping the cane.

I gave him 1 month to resolve the issues and ship my cane to me and if I didn't receive my cane in the appropriate condition, that I was going to follow through with my promise of going to the authorities.

I don't blame CC at all. I DO blame Derek Zrncic for his lack of concern about his paid customers.

We'll see if he actually sends me my cane in new and undamaged condition.

He's apparently already shipped a cane to his buddy Chris of Jurassic Outpost.com and possibly another person for 'review'.

If I don't either have my cane or a tracking number with a reasonable arrival date by May 10, 2018, then I'll make my complaints to the authorities.

I'm tired of the run around that Derek has given me.

As far as Chronicle is concerned, I have no problem with them. As a matter of fact, I have already pre-ordered the JP IR goggles and I can't wait to get them when they become available.

John Hammond
04-28-2018, 10:29 AM
I bought the stick yesterday by PayPal, I did it in spite of the problems because it is an object that I wish to have. I am Spanish, I do not know how long it will take me to get there, but I hope everything goes well and I do not have to try to contact Paradise because I see that it is very difficult. What's more, I've tried to talk to them several times in a long time and I have not received an answer. With Chronicle, however, it has always been easy to talk.

I do not understand if I'm making products from Jurassic Park, this has been precisely created for another company to sell. Can someone explain that to me?

daz1999
04-28-2018, 12:51 PM
I want this but I’m going to wait to see how it plays out first, hope it works out for everyone

89Batman
05-02-2018, 04:14 PM
Today marks the 3 weeks for the "boxes" to be ready... Has anyone received a shipping notification yet??

Darkstar
05-02-2018, 10:40 PM
Nope.

89Batman
05-09-2018, 12:03 PM
4 Weeks now. a week past the ship date! Anybody got it yet? I haven't... How long do we wait before it's officially a scam?

Darkstar
05-09-2018, 05:33 PM
This is the email that I just sent to Derek Z (former key person at SGZ Collectibles, BTW). I'm hoping that he gets a clue that I am NOT going to just go away. He either needs to ship my cane or the authorities WILL be contacted and I WILL file complaints.

I'm tired of his crap and excuses.

"Derek Zrncic,

Below are the latest emails that we've exchanged recently.

One month ago, I told that if I did not receive my cane (and all associated items), IN NEW, COMPLETE and UNDAMAGED condition in a month, then I would have no choice but to file complaints with various authorities as well as the BBB.

Well, time is up. Either send me my Hammond cane in the condition stated above and send me a tracking number with an estimated delivery date or I WILL contact various authorities and file complaints. Your excuses have worn thin and it appears that I am being scammed. You have stated several times in public forums that you have the canes in your warehouse and it appears that you have delivered at least one cane to your friend Chris Pugh and possibly another cane to someone else 'for review'.

NO MORE EXCUSES."

Chrisrex82
05-09-2018, 07:44 PM
This is the email that I just sent to Derek Z (former key person at SGZ Collectibles, BTW). I'm hoping that he gets a clue that I am NOT going to just go away. He either needs to ship my cane or the authorities WILL be contacted and I WILL file complaints.

I'm tired of his crap and excuses.

"Derek Zrncic,

Below are the latest emails that we've exchanged recently.

One month ago, I told that if I did not receive my cane (and all associated items), IN NEW, COMPLETE and UNDAMAGED condition in a month, then I would have no choice but to file complaints with various authorities as well as the BBB.

Well, time is up. Either send me my Hammond cane in the condition stated above and send me a tracking number with an estimated delivery date or I WILL contact various authorities and file complaints. Your excuses have worn thin and it appears that I am being scammed. You have stated several times in public forums that you have the canes in your warehouse and it appears that you have delivered at least one cane to your friend Chris Pugh and possibly another cane to someone else 'for review'.

NO MORE EXCUSES."
You should change your user name to NEW and UNDAMAGED. sorry, but you've posted your complaints about this on here several times, we get it, the canes are not shipping .buyer beware

Darkstar
05-09-2018, 09:14 PM
But WAIT! You forgot "COMPLETE" in your snarky remark.

All I'm doing is letting others who have similar issues with Paradise know the options that are available for them and what I'm having to do with this seller.

If you don't like my attempts at informing and helping others, then just ignore my posts.

Have a nice day.

Ezhil
05-09-2018, 11:48 PM
Lost 16-18 $ when i got refund through PayPal through currency conversion. i paid this in nov 2017 in full. Now even though i was refunded, i Lost my money for a void transaction due to sellers fault

ianhiatt
05-10-2018, 08:47 PM
Looks like they're shipping them now, according to their Twitter. They estimate they'll be shipping all weekend it sounds like, with new/recent orders of the cane shipping out Monday. I expect they'll be ridiculously busy processing orders, but they say they'll be sending out shipping notices to folks as they process them!

Dinodude
05-11-2018, 12:43 PM
The local authorities for his area are as follows:

Stephanie Vajda Detective criminal investigation division office of the district attorney. Phone: 717-240-5391 Email: svajda@ccpa.net

Andrew Bassler, detective Silver Spring Township Phone: 717-697-0607 Email: abasdler@sstwp.org

allosaur176
05-12-2018, 08:27 AM
I got my shipping notification and tracking number.

Darkstar
05-12-2018, 05:18 PM
I received a 'shipping notification' and a Fedex tracking number as well but the tracking number isn't showing up as valid.

I hope that this isn't yet another ploy to gain some breathing room.

allosaur176
05-12-2018, 06:09 PM
It's probably that it hasn't been picked up and activated.

Adam_Warlock
05-12-2018, 11:13 PM
The local authorities for his area are as follows:

Stephanie Vajda Detective criminal investigation division office of the district attorney. Phone: 717-240-5391 Email: svajda@ccpa.net

Andrew Bassler, detective Silver Spring Township Phone: 717-697-0607 Email: abasdler@sstwp.org

:vortex:

89Batman
05-13-2018, 09:34 AM
Curious when you ordered yours? I paid mine in full last August and still have no shipping or tracking information. I saw their tweet about being closed for the weekend... Unbelievable he thinks he deserves a break while holding our money interest free for so long...

PermaGrin
05-13-2018, 11:11 AM
1) seems like some might be acting a tad too hastily.

2) even though CC made this product, to keep up on it..bash / complain about it...probably should make a thread of the prop itself in the General section or something.

qz33
05-13-2018, 02:26 PM
Too much tip toeing to cater to companies here at the expense of customers.

Chronicle was fine to benefit from all the hype and attention when it was upcoming so now that there's a problem they'll have to suffer from that too.

This isn't a court of law and guilt by association is a real thing.

Everyone is going to come to one place to discuss this product and this is already established so no need to obfuscate the problem

Serves as a great warning for all members on the forum that collect from small companies as a reminder of the possibilities.
Customers are tired of being put at risk of losing money and there is not excuse for it.
If there is to be detriment it should be at the companies' expense not customers.

1) seems like some might be acting a tad too hastily.

2) even though CC made this product, to keep up on it..bash / complain about it...probably should make a thread of the prop itself in the General section or something.

67L88Stingray
05-13-2018, 11:30 PM
Too much tip toeing to cater to companies here at the expense of customers.

Chronicle was fine to benefit from all the hype and attention when it was upcoming so now that there's a problem they'll have to suffer from that too.

This isn't a court of law and guilt by association is a real thing.

Everyone is going to come to one place to discuss this product and this is already established so no need to obfuscate the problem

Serves as a great warning for all members on the forum that collect from small companies as a reminder of the possibilities.
Customers are tired of being put at risk of losing money and there is not excuse for it.
If there is to be detriment it should be at the companies' expense not customers.

"guilt by association" is a real thing yes, it's called a logicial fallacy. You are making it sound like nobody has ever been screwed by a large company which is obviously false. I wouldn't blame Prime 1 if Sideshow screwed up something getting me their statue, it's on the distributor where you purchased it from to make it right.

ianhiatt
05-14-2018, 08:53 AM
I've gotta admit that this experience hasn't soured me on Chronicle or even Paradise...This isn't even remotely the worst experience I've had buying a collectible. Not even in the top 5.

There were delays. It happens. My order went in less than a year ago, and I snuck it in while they were testing their website. Pretty sure that means I've been waiting the longest. For something like this, seems completely reasonable to take a year.

Even from a communication standpoint, Paradise was about as responsive as most companies I've bought from. A few outliers like Chronicle have set the bar high, sure, but I won't fault Paradise for that.

I think everyone just needs to have a little patience and calm down a bit...

qz33
05-14-2018, 09:38 AM
"guilt by association" is a real thing yes, it's called a logicial fallacy. You are making it sound like nobody has ever been screwed by a large company which is obviously false. I wouldn't blame Prime 1 if Sideshow screwed up something getting me their statue, it's on the distributor where you purchased it from to make it right.

No I'm not and of course they have.

Everyone is looking for where to lay the blame and how it might "wrongfully" impact a company that as of yet has not been unethical.

This is a great example of a reason to not engage with a small company at this level.

Derek is the real deal!

Chronicle decided to do business and throw their support behind a small untested company.
Chronicle's name and support likely influenced quite a few to trust the journey and product would be smooth and satisfactory. Again Chronicle was fine with this arrangement when things looked rosy and orders and beneficial publicity were to be gained.

This isn't about Chronicle's misstep but I sure may make future decisions as a result of it that Chronicle may not prefer.
In the future if Chronicle or ANYONE else has another product arrangement with a small company I would definitely avoid it or go in understanding the risk that I may lose whatever I spend. For others this may not better them at all and that is fine too.

What I am advocating is any forum reader being able to read the experiences of those involved so they can be informed make their own decisions.
This isn't about logic but how comfortable each person feels. Much of this hobby and well life's decisions are not logical and subject to proof. Trying to split off the association to another part of the forum where less people are likely to find it after things go sour is illogical as far as the benefit of potential customers.
It's a customer avoiding a bad situation regardless of the blame game.

If reading what has happened causes some not to place future orders due to fear of risk then too bad for Chronicle.

Chronicle CS
05-14-2018, 03:33 PM
I don't feel there is a misstep to use your words. I can't control another company, all I can do is watch what they are doing and if they are going to deliver the product, that's all we wanted. Bad communication and excuses that had nothing to do with our timeline is not on us, but Paradise.

I know it's been anything but Paradise, but it's getting resolved.

We've been monitoring this and as I said before we need patience.

Now it looks like they are shipping and as long as they deliver the product we will not get to involved.

Paul

qz33
05-14-2018, 03:43 PM
I don't feel there is a misstep to use your words. I can't control another company, all I can do is watch what they are doing and if they are going to deliver the product, that's all we wanted. Bad communication and excuses that had nothing to do with our timeline is not on us, but Paradise.

I know it's been anything but Paradise, but it's getting resolved.

We've been monitoring this and as I said before we need patience.

Now it looks like they are shipping and as long as they deliver the product we will not get to involved.

Paul

Instead of
"This isn't about Chronicle's misstep "
I should have wrote
"This isn't about a misstep of Chronicle's"

Again it this isn't about so much putting any blame on Chronicle as it is about people being informed and avoiding situations like this all together.
Chronicle just has the misfortune of being part of the example. When things are going well Chronicle benefits from the association.

People may think if a company can get Chronicle then they are likely a solid company.
This situation shows otherwise and reminds for buyer to beware even if they have a contract with Chronicle.

allosaur176
05-15-2018, 11:57 AM
My cane arrived today!

89Batman
05-15-2018, 01:02 PM
Mine hasn't shipped!

Adam_Warlock
05-15-2018, 02:36 PM
My cane arrived today!

pics? is it any good? Mine also has not shipped I will be calling the local police!

Darkstar
05-15-2018, 07:16 PM
Get a load of what I just saw on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jurassic-Park-Chronicle-Collectibles-John-Hammond-Cane-1-1-Scale-Prop-Replica/332650807771?epid=25019338306&hash=item4d738881db:g:~UIAAOSwF25a-AOD#shId

With a shipping cost of almost $52 and supposedly an 'expedited shipping delivery date of 2-6 days.

I haven't even received my cane that I pre-ordered back in July 2017 and now Zrncic is hawking the same canes on eBay using his 'other' company SGZ Collectibles. SGZ are the initials of Stephanie G Zrncic, some relation to Derek.

Jeez Louise. Some nerve.

89Batman
05-15-2018, 07:45 PM
Why do I get the feeling he's purposefully delaying the shipment to those of us who complained?

allosaur176
05-16-2018, 06:28 AM
pics? is it any good? Mine also has not shipped I will be calling the local police!

I haven't gotten around to opening it yet. We had a small tornado that hit very close to where I live that knocked out the power and it was dark when i got home... pics and video coming soon.

Side note, the outer shipping box says mine is 14/1000

clutch
05-16-2018, 10:31 AM
I'd be interested in seeing how fake the fake bug looks.

On youtube:

Boogeyman13
05-16-2018, 11:31 AM
I'd be interested in seeing how fake the fake bug looks.

On youtube:

Me too. Also, in some of the press pics, the paint on the cane looks very much like paint on the cane, as opposed to natural weathering. But those are also very close up shots. Want to see some final, in-hand pics.

ianhiatt
05-17-2018, 09:09 AM
#12 showed up in Vermont yesterday. I only had a few minutes to inspect it before packing it back away as we're moving in the next week or so.

The fake bug looks remarkable. The cane itself looks pretty nifty, too. I haven't done extensive screen grabs of Hammond's cane, though, so I can't vouch for its 100% accuracy. To my eye it looks spot on. I'm sure there will be some who will find fault with it, but I'm not one of them. Very happy with the final result.

allosaur176
05-17-2018, 07:56 PM
Finally got my video up

https://youtu.be/Iey1eEJ5AMo

Chronicle CS
05-17-2018, 10:00 PM
Finally got my video up

https://youtu.be/Iey1eEJ5AMo

Great video, Bobby D!

- Robert

Darkstar
05-18-2018, 07:51 PM
Well, it finally arrived!

While the distributor (Paradise) wasn't very good in their treatment of customers, Chronicle Collectibles did a fantastic job on the cane.

The cane is definitely a display piece and I wouldn't suggest actually using it. But that's why I bought it, to display it in my collection.

Pix follow. The first pic shows the box that supposedly held up shipment for a month. Paradise could have easily used a plain box. I wasn't happy that the shipping box shouted out that I have a limited edition of something sitting outside my front door. A plain shipping box would have worked just as well.
The display stand has the number of the piece on it and that is fine.

The display stand is nice and hefty (the mounting screw is kinda small but I'll take care of that, it's a small thing not impacting the quality of the cane), the cane's detail is wonderful and the trademark/copyright notice is small enough to not be obnoxious or obvious.
The 'mosquito' in the 'amber' is great and nicely detailed as well.
The box that it comes in (not the shipping box) has very nice detailed graphics and the cane was packed and protected very securely.

Chonicle, you hit it out of the park. If the JP IR goggles are anywhere near as detailed and well made, then I'll be a happy camper with them as well.

Kudos to Paul and the rest of the crew at CC.

89Batman
05-19-2018, 08:38 AM
Meanwhile... Still no shipping notification...

Retrorizz
05-20-2018, 08:52 AM
Cane looks awesome. I'm waiting on shipping notification as well I ordered on April 3rd.

Retrorizz
05-21-2018, 02:53 PM
What's the deal with this guy derek from paradisecollect??. Hes selling canes on Ebay and shipping them out before he ships to his pre orders?. If I knew this I would of waited and got one off Ebay. Why cater to Ebay orders before pre orders? This makes no sense.

Doge
05-21-2018, 04:44 PM
Almost 4 months have passed since i asked for a refund, no news,messages, nothing. at least flushing money in the toilet would have been somewhat more amusing than this, oh well

Adam_Warlock
05-21-2018, 05:30 PM
What's the deal with this guy derek from paradisecollect??. Hes selling canes on Ebay and shipping them out before he ships to his pre orders?. If I knew this I would of waited and got one off Ebay. Why cater to Ebay orders before pre orders? This makes no sense.

Because on eBay he has to follow certain rules and eBay can get involved and suspend his account. He also wants to avoid negative feedback. Just goes to show what a POS he really is. If you paid via PayPal or even through your credit card open a dispute with your fraud department. All major credit card companies will get involved if he can't prove he shipped anything to you are fails to communicate.

Boogeyman13
05-21-2018, 06:46 PM
I bought one on eBay, because I wanted to avoid this exact scenario. I hope everything works out for everyon who pre-ordered.

Retrorizz
05-21-2018, 07:14 PM
Because on eBay he has to follow certain rules and eBay can get involved and suspend his account. He also wants to avoid negative feedback. Just goes to show what a POS he really is. If you paid via PayPal or even through your credit card open a dispute with your fraud department. All major credit card companies will get involved if he can't prove he shipped anything to you are fails to communicate.

It's amazing how messy this became. After an abundance of complaining around the internet he finally shipped my cane today and i got tracking. Let's just hope it arrives now I'll keep you all posted.

Chrisrex82
05-21-2018, 09:50 PM
Yeah if I buy one it will be from his eBay account

MikemBHD
06-01-2018, 09:08 PM
I’ve messaged many times to see what I can do I accidentally canceled my order and I did one payment I was trying to see if I could switch the date and no response on what I can do or if I can continue with the payments I e even called the number I’m pissed

89Batman
06-04-2018, 06:30 PM
Finally received mine. #61 of 1000. He ship one a day or something? Looks great, feels flimsy.

Adam_Warlock
06-04-2018, 09:38 PM
Finally received mine. #61 of 1000. He ship one a day or something? Looks great, feels flimsy.

Yes 1 a day sounds about right.

89Batman
06-05-2018, 09:42 AM
After having spent some time with it last night, I have to say I'm extremely disappointed in this one:

The cane it'self looks great, but feels like a toy from toysrus. It's plastic, flimsy, and the rubber foot looks like it came from the dollar store.

The amber topper is the best part of the cane. the mosquito looks incredible and the colour on the amber is spot on.

The mount/plaque is my biggest issue. The bracket to hold the cane is not removable - even though it appears to be as it has a screw in the back. It also holds the cane so tightly that it scratches the paint off the cane when you insert it/remove it. The black finish on the mount is also of terrible quality - IT RUBS OFF ON MY FINGERS. I now have a white spot on the plaque from handling it while hanging.

My wife is - to put it nicely - PISSED that I spent as much as I did on what seems to be an overpriced toy.

Atheris
06-05-2018, 10:29 AM

Had a feeling this was going to be the case. This is why I've yet to get behind most of Chronicles offerings so far. I really like a lot of their stuff, but not enough to spend the bucks on them. Just don't think they've hit that level of QC yet.

Chris

Adam_Warlock
06-05-2018, 12:52 PM
After having spent some time with it last night, I have to say I'm extremely disappointed in this one:

The cane it'self looks great, but feels like a toy from toysrus. It's plastic, flimsy, and the rubber foot looks like it came from the dollar store.

The amber topper is the best part of the cane. the mosquito looks incredible and the colour on the amber is spot on.

The mount/plaque is my biggest issue. The bracket to hold the cane is not removable - even though it appears to be as it has a screw in the back. It also holds the cane so tightly that it scratches the paint off the cane when you insert it/remove it. The black finish on the mount is also of terrible quality - IT RUBS OFF ON MY FINGERS. I now have a white spot on the plaque from handling it while hanging.

My wife is - to put it nicely - PISSED that I spent as much as I did on what seems to be an overpriced toy.

Well if it is that bad i guess return it? I wish you luck though with this garbage company (Paradise). Probably be waiting a year if you ever get your money back.

Boogeyman13
06-05-2018, 01:27 PM
As a display piece, I'm okay with it, but it is definitely flimsy. I laid it down flat in my display case, and the middle sagged because the ends stuck out more. Had to pick up a couple acrylic stands. There's no core in it to keep it stiff structurally. Also, it seems a little short. My wife is only 5' tall, and it was a bit low even for her. That being said, as a display item, it looks pretty nice!

Chrisrex82
06-05-2018, 01:58 PM
As a display piece, I'm okay with it, but it is definitely flimsy. I laid it down flat in my display case, and the middle sagged because the ends stuck out more. Had to pick up a couple acrylic stands. There's no core in it to keep it safer structurally. Also, it seems a little short. My wife is only 5' tall, and it was a bit low even for her. That being said, as a display item, it looks pretty nice!

wow, so if you lay the cane down the middle will sag? that is pretty cheap for a "high end" collectible. Sometimes its better it wait for customers to get product in hand before placing an order, unless its Prime1 or cinemaquette, never understood the reason to pre order right when an item goes up

KCLasse
06-05-2018, 04:05 PM
So the John Hammon cane arrived i Denmark today. I must say the finish and detail is superb 😃, however det wall hanger dosent fit as described in the small following instruction in the packet 🙁 I have to lift the cane up 3-4 steps before it fits.... any sugestions about what to do on this matter ?

Boogeyman13
06-05-2018, 04:32 PM
wow, so if you lay the cane down the middle will sag? that is pretty cheap for a "high end" collectible. Sometimes its better it wait for customers to get product in hand before placing an order, unless its Prime1 or cinemaquette, never understood the reason to pre order right when an item goes up

Yeah, I don't know the full construction, but it seems like there's no core to keep it rigid, so it'll bend under its own weight a bit. But that being said, putting it on a couple acrylic stands seems to have alleviated the problem.

Darkstar
06-05-2018, 04:53 PM
Boogeyman13,
Your display looks great. Very museum like. I also like that you got the slouch hat orientation correct. Many don't. I'm still wondering why Spielberg had Bob Peck wear the hat backwards, but, oh well.

Where did you get the IR goggles? Are they a Rylo fabrication?

Boogeyman13
06-05-2018, 10:41 PM
Boogeyman13,
Your display looks great. Very museum like. I also like that you got the slouch hat orientation correct. Many don't. I'm still wondering why Spielberg had Bob Peck wear the hat backwards, but, oh well.

Where did you get the IR goggles? Are they a Rylo fabrication?

Thanks! Really tried to make it feel museum-esque with room for each piece to breathe and shine, so glad that it came across. :) And yep, it's one of Rylo's.

Atheris
06-06-2018, 12:23 PM
No disrespect to those that bought this, but looking at these pics, the finished product does look super cheap. The paint app literally makes the cane look like cheap plastic. The fact that it bends and sags under its own weight is ridiculous, what would it have cost to put a small metal rod in these? I mean com'on. I know its just a cane, but put a little effort into it.

Outside of the amber piece, the cane itself looks nothing like it did in the movie.

Chris

qz33
06-06-2018, 03:19 PM
Too many people trying to get their hand in the statue industry pot and nearly all companies are way way to close to their customers.

Chronicle CS
06-07-2018, 10:34 AM
I think I can chime in since we did mold the cane and topper from a production made piece.

The paint matches the one at the archives perfectly and the stopper on the bottom was sourced from the original company.

There is a rod cast into the cane, but it does have a bit of flex being urethane resin and not pollystone.

Of all the ones I've opened the wall mount works fine each time and as long as it's installed correctly there is no damage to the cane.

Each bug was printed for this run, they aren't cast that's why they look the same for each piece.

It was pretty tough to produce this piece and it's a fine line between collectible and an actual cane.

Overall the response has been very positive with the exception of how Paradise has handled the project.

Paul

Carlitos
06-07-2018, 12:07 PM
Hello everyone.
I have a question for those who have already received the cane. Did you receive a confirmation email or a tracking number before the package arrives? because I have not received anything yet, and I'm a little worried. I have already sent many emails, even on facebook, but still nothing. Thanks

Adam_Warlock
06-07-2018, 02:53 PM
Hello everyone.
I have a question for those who have already received the cane. Did you receive a confirmation email or a tracking number before the package arrives? because I have not received anything yet, and I'm a little worried. I have already sent many emails, even on facebook, but still nothing. Thanks

Have not got mine yet but got an automated email saying a package is on its way with a tracking number.

Carlitos
06-07-2018, 07:09 PM
Thanks. All this waiting is unnerving. I'm sad because it was my first purchase overseas, I spent a lot 'of my savings. I really hope in a message as soon as possible. I do not know what to do

dannygarrett09
06-08-2018, 07:41 AM
I have mine just got to pay customs

Carlitos
06-08-2018, 04:54 PM
Is there anyone else like me who has not received any news yet? although on twitter they say they have everything ready for shipping

KCLasse
06-09-2018, 03:47 AM
Mine has arrived here in Denmark, no problems, nice box with instructions.... sadly the fine cane does not fit in the nice wallhanger as described in the instruction.....

KCLasse
06-09-2018, 03:58 AM
Picture of my cane wich does not fit

PermaGrin
06-09-2018, 11:03 AM
I like how I read the "cane does not fit the holder it comes with, as per instructions."

So they knew about it enough to write instructions about it, but not fix it?

WTF is the point of a wall hanger / mount if it doesnt fit the intended product?

Atheris
06-09-2018, 11:45 AM
Mine has arrived here in Denmark, no problems, nice box with instructions.... sadly the fine cane does not fit in the nice wallhanger as described in the instruction.....

:laugh:

"We know it doesn't fit, but if you twist it and push hard enough, you should be able to scratch the paint as shown in this illustration" lol.

Chris

KCLasse
06-09-2018, 04:14 PM
https://www.facebook.com/1027794045/posts/10213935962926349/

This video shows the problem

67L88Stingray
06-09-2018, 04:22 PM
What material is the mount made of? Might be able to open up those arms slightly so it fits better.

Jon_Boston_83
06-09-2018, 04:38 PM
Well this sounds like a disaster

PermaGrin
06-09-2018, 08:03 PM
Maybe a bit of the hairdryer method on the rack.

Adam_Warlock
06-09-2018, 11:13 PM
Got mine. Got the cane to fit. You need too give it a good twist but it will fit. Yes it scratched a bit of the dark paint on the rings. The guy in the video who says it won't go anymore is just weak. :laugh:

Adam_Warlock
06-10-2018, 09:00 PM
Mounted sitting flat in the bracket. Need some good JP art behind the raptor. Not sure why the photos came in sideways.