craigcliff1
07-21-2017, 01:33 PM
Someone just posted on Sideshow Freaks was shown at Comic Con panel

Marvelito
07-21-2017, 01:35 PM
Specifically another ANH version.

craigcliff1
07-21-2017, 01:36 PM
Yes. I am not a fan of that title. They already did one I would have thought Empire

Marvelito
07-21-2017, 01:39 PM
I agree they should have done an ESB Leia. If they were going to re-do any ANH characters it should have been Han and Luke.

pdenham
07-21-2017, 01:39 PM
The original was the first SS piece that ever caught my eye.

I was amazed at the whole thing and especially the likeness at the time, but had not crossed the bridge of paying several hundred $ for a statue/toy.

At this point, after having amassed a small collection of ...er...stuff, I've become more discerning. I think I would pass on the original even though it was and still is a fine piece.

Wonder if it will be the Medal ceremony look instead of the hair buns?

Raas Kaaz
07-21-2017, 01:42 PM
I'm super happy it's ANH leia!! That's my kind of princess and the old one is just not st today's standards.. super super stoked about this!!!!

dechirico7
07-21-2017, 02:19 PM
Good to hear. I agree, the old Leia pieces have become dated.

COI
07-21-2017, 02:21 PM
zzzz

Star Wars make my wallet retract like a frightened turtle. Which is a good thing.

BurningRage
07-21-2017, 02:40 PM
Hope the likeness is close to the HT figure.

FastballSpecial
07-21-2017, 03:21 PM
zzzz

Star Wars make my wallet retract like a frightened turtle. Which is a good thing.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/Fastballsolo/181792E9-D57E-46CB-A45E-5EC7A2E753E6_zpsftxmujks.png (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/Fastballsolo/media/181792E9-D57E-46CB-A45E-5EC7A2E753E6_zpsftxmujks.png.html)

Khev
07-21-2017, 03:25 PM
Looks like it will be pretty close to the original PF.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=354770&d=1500664001

(credit to Jagjaguwar on the Sideshow Freaks forum)

Fremen
07-21-2017, 03:36 PM
Why?? Why not do an Empire? Ugh. Glad to see her though.

Gyro Zeppeli
07-21-2017, 03:50 PM
zzzz

I hear you there. Doesn't help that every company just does the same characters and outfits over and over again.

pdenham
07-21-2017, 04:22 PM
:laugh: I see she has to have her left hand splayed out like the recent Han and Luke.

It's clearly a unifying theme- amateurish comic book style art posing.

I'm guessing Harbottle won't be anywhere near this one.

Khev
07-21-2017, 04:32 PM
Han's extended hand is pretty natural for the pose but yeah Luke's looks a little goofy.

Python
07-21-2017, 04:42 PM
Why?? Why not do an Empire? Ugh. Glad to see her though.

I suppose this version was made relevant again by RO, I think it looks quite nice so far.

pdenham
07-21-2017, 04:45 PM
The Han PF overall just looks (to me) like an action figure someone posed.
Everything is sort of in the ballpark of how those things should be orientated for that pose, but the overall vibe is stiff and not exceptionally natural.

I thought the portrait was fine- as was the tailoring- but the pose and awkwardly contracted base just killed it for me.

I got excited for a Leia PF, but now that I realize it's likely to be executed at the same level as the last Han and Luke by the same set of artists and designers, I'm back to considering ponying up the bucks for the HT figure instead.

ambasah
07-21-2017, 05:04 PM
The first version is still awesome in my opinion. I wish they did esb as well...oh well.

yeek
07-21-2017, 05:23 PM
Nice to hear another Leia is in the works even if it's based on the first one. I'm definitely getting her since I'm sure the face sculpt will be improved.

Y3E
07-21-2017, 06:32 PM
I have the original and don't mind the revisit but why the heck do a pose that is freaking similar?

Same exclusive, blaster rifle?!

CessnaDriver
07-21-2017, 08:31 PM
I can't see the sideshow page, I assume this is the standard costume through most of the movie? I'd prefer the ceremony version at the end. She never looked more stunning.

Khev
07-21-2017, 08:33 PM
I can't see the sideshow page, I assume this is the standard costume through most of the movie?

Correct.

Mr. Nice Guy
07-21-2017, 08:47 PM
I'm more cognizant of getting strong not-skanky female characters in my collection now that I have a daughter. This Leia will be mine.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=354770&d=1500664001

dharper
07-21-2017, 10:30 PM
Doesn't look like much of an improvement. I'll stick with the original PF.

Raas Kaaz
07-21-2017, 10:36 PM
Doesn't look like much of an improvement. I'll stick with the original PF.

little early to judge I would say

Comicbookguy
07-22-2017, 12:48 AM
Ohhhh I like the pic! The portrait and pose is going to be so much better than the first. I'm very interested!

DiscoCougar
07-22-2017, 01:14 AM
What in the hell is Sideshow's obsession with giving all of their Star Wars PF's jazz hands now? At least it's not an eye sore with Leia, but Luke's is so disastrous.

It's almost like this is becoming the new Captain Morgan knee up pose with them =/

Xaerius
07-22-2017, 01:39 AM
I wasn't collecting back when the original Leia PF was released so I am really looking forward to the new piece. With that being said, if the head sculpt is as poorly done as the new Luke and new Han Solo, then it will be an easy "NO" for me. If Prime 1 (with the new Wonder Woman Training Uniform), Blitzway (Rocky, Marilyn Monroe and Sharon Stone), and PCS (with their two Conan pieces) can get the likeness so close to perfect, Sideshow, with their deep pockets, should be able to do so as well, in my opinion. Just sayin'...and yes, I have and/or have pre-ordered those mentioned.

EDIT: I did NOT order the Luke or Han due to the poorly done head sculpts - just based on my own opinion); I meant that I have or have ordered the other mentioned pieces.

built2shred
07-22-2017, 02:10 AM
With SS you really need to take the wait and see approach. You just never know what your going to get with the production version.

The master of doing face likeness is Iron Studios atm, I'm hoping we get Luke, Leia and Han from them soon.

pdenham
07-22-2017, 05:09 AM
What in the hell is Sideshow's obsession with giving all of their Star Wars PF's jazz hands now? At least it's not an eye sore with Leia, but Luke's is so disastrous.

It's almost like this is becoming the new Captain Morgan knee up pose with them =/

I agree that Lukes especially looked weak in execution.
However the jazz hands on Han and Luke are a little more appropriate because the figure is reflexively doing it for counter balance- not the splayed fingers, but the dainty wrist- in both cases the arm is also out so it's not an awkward 90 degree bend.
Otherwise, for a figure to be standing fully erect and have their hand bent at the wrist like that, as Leia is, seems really forced, contrived.

That's the kind of stuff you see with a lot with rookies. It comes from less time spent observing real life and real people, and more time spent copying other artists (and usually not the good ones).

It's the antithesis of the qualities I see in someone like Harbottles work and whoever did the newest Sonja.

Here- why is this so hard to do. Don't know what to do with the left arm/hand? How about having her use both hands to hold the blasters like she does in the film?

http://img.europapress.net/fotoweb/fotonoticia_20150616125242_800.jpg

You can even get the body lean in to give the piece some compositional interest.
Instead I look at that concept design art and think...amateurish.

I'm also not digging the truncated sidewalls on the base. Either go floor to ceiling with them or leave them off entirely. All that knee high piece does is call attention to itself and distract from the rest of the statue,

Mr. Nice Guy
07-22-2017, 09:25 AM
With this being SSs first Leia PF piece following the passing of Carrie I would expect this to be more a tribute to her than some vague character interpretation. I'd expect the likeness to be spot on considering this will be many collectors tribute to the late Carrie Fisher and how she touched our hearts when we were younger.

Some hurried statue thrown together to blend in with the others just will not do. I'm guessing that's why SS went with the classic ANH look versus her ESB general look.

SONICobra
07-22-2017, 09:32 AM
With this being SSs first Leia PF piece following the passing of Carrie I would expect this to be more a tribute to her than some vague character interpretation.

good point, looking at it that way I think ANH is the best route to go

forps
08-12-2017, 04:11 AM
This has potential. Star Wars merchandise sells like hot cakes and Sideshow's own products are sitting as an inventory. Sideshow is probably the sole company WORLDWIDE losing tons of money from her own Star Wars products. Its crazy, you know. Things need to change. My advice

1) Star Wars pieces need conservative poses and not fancy ones. Star Wars collectors are CONSERVATIVE collectors. DC/Marvel fans are more comic-inclined guys. Star Wars fans are movie geeks, guys with a lot of disposable income and they HATE fancy and COMIC-looking stuff for Star Wars. So no fancy poses for Star Wars PFFs or statues in general.

2) A character with a lightsaber should ALWAYS have a lightsaber as a statue. Vader 1/2 isnt selling cause he has no lightsaber. I know, i know, lights go out. I know, i know, collectors turn the lights on only 3-4 times a year. Nevertheless, lightsabers are a must. PERIOD.

3) In order to turn the situation around, the most crucial is the likeness. You have to nail it. Sideshow could hire some guys or K.A.Kim, the woman working for Blitzway in the past, to achieve perfect likeness. If you nail the face, the statue is going to sell no matter what. PERIOD.

Collectors are going to wait for in-hand pics (they did it for Darth Maul PFF) but as long as QC holds and likeness is there, Sideshow can easily sell eg 5000 pieces. Dont be afraid, Sideshow. Collectors DO NOT believe in your QC and they could abstain from early pre-ordering, but as long as you bring a final perfect product, you could easily sell 5000 Princess Leia statues. Mark my words!

ukshaun
08-12-2017, 04:38 AM
I'm more cognizant of getting strong not-skanky female characters in my collection now that I have a daughter. This Leia will be mine.

Looks quite good. Need to see more images.

There is a Sideshow Princess Leia on ebay at the moment. I've never seen this statue before. She too has a spread out hand.
The eye make-up looks overdone. Leia's head is possibly too long / not round enough.
https://image.ibb.co/jjpwsF/Side_Show_Princess_Leia.jpg

Devo
08-12-2017, 07:15 AM
This has potential. Star Wars merchandise sells like hot cakes and Sideshow's own products are sitting as an inventory. Sideshow is probably the sole company WORLDWIDE losing tons of money from her own Star Wars products. Its crazy, you know. Things need to change. My advice

1) Star Wars pieces need conservative poses and not fancy ones. Star Wars collectors are CONSERVATIVE collectors. DC/Marvel fans are more comic-inclined guys. Star Wars fans are movie geeks, guys with a lot of disposable income and they HATE fancy and COMIC-looking stuff for Star Wars. [U]So no fancy poses for Star Wars PFFs or statues in general.

You make some good points, but SW is a broad church and were not all conservative collectors. I'm a huge SW comic fan, mainly into props and artwork collection wise. But when it comes to statues I want fighting poses, want me a darth maul jumping off his speeder and smashing someone In the teeth :radior:

Xaerius
08-12-2017, 07:58 AM
1) Star Wars pieces need conservative poses and not fancy ones. Star Wars collectors are CONSERVATIVE collectors. DC/Marvel fans are more comic-inclined guys. Star Wars fans are movie geeks, guys with a lot of disposable income and they HATE fancy and COMIC-looking stuff for Star Wars. So no fancy poses for Star Wars PFFs or statues in general.

I'm not a comic-inclined guy anymore and haven't been for over 2 decades and I am ALL in for the action poses. I know you may not have liked the latest Deadpool PF, if I understood your comment correctly, but I thought it was an amazing piece. I didn't order that one because I don't have much disposable income but I couldn't resist ordering Lady Deadpool without a moment's hesitation. For Star Wars, I do like the museum poses but the action poses are great as well - I didn't order the Darth Maul PF because I wasn't a fan of the pose but if he was done in an action pose I'd have likely ordered one because I really like the character.

2) A character with a lightsaber should ALWAYS have a lightsaber as a statue...

Good point as a Darth Maul action shot with his lightsaber could have been awesome. Then again, for the museum poses, characters walk around all day long without having their weapon out and variety is always good. I'm also not a fan of light-up features on statues but if they are there and add to the piece that is okay as it looks good when showing people the piece for the first time, I suppose.

3) In order to turn the situation around, the most crucial is the likeness. You have to nail it. Sideshow could hire some guys or K.A.Kim, the woman working for Blitzway in the past, to achieve perfect likeness. If you nail the face, the statue is going to sell no matter what. PERIOD...as long as QC holds and likeness is there,[/B] Sideshow can easily sell ...

Definitely! I know I've purchased pieces that were not even on my radar simply due to how accurate the head sculpts looked.

With regards to final production piece quality and quality control, I agree completely that Sideshow has to get that under control. At this point we are all aware that some pieces come out looking absolutely amazing whereas others come out with so many issues that they are not even worth salvaging. It feels as though they are playing a numbers game and hoping that many collectors will just accept and move on to the next piece. I see that they have quickly brought their price point up to where the Prime 1 and XM pieces are (a huge increase in a very short period of time) but they are not, for the most part, delivering the quality that those other two companies deliver. In my opinion, they absolutely need to get production quality up so that we, as collectors, do not have to deal with issues after the fact.

built2shred
08-12-2017, 01:44 PM
Looks quite good. Need to see more images.

There is a Sideshow Princess Leia on ebay at the moment. I've never seen this statue before. She too has a spread out hand.
The eye make-up looks overdone. Leia's head is possibly too long / not round enough.
https://image.ibb.co/jjpwsF/Side_Show_Princess_Leia.jpg

I think SS is the worst at sculpting hands.

Darth Madden
08-12-2017, 01:51 PM

I guess the good thing is you won't need to spend much money then. I don't think any company knows how to make a non skanky female statue.

Comicbookguy
08-12-2017, 03:57 PM
Slave version please! Carrie fisher should have no say if it gets made or not. Just do it! The demand is here since 95% is all male collectors here.

jac1066
08-12-2017, 04:12 PM
Slave version please! Carrie fisher should have no say if it gets made or not. Just do it! The demand is here since 95% is all male collectors here.

Not going to happen.

Disney retired slave Leia from all Star Wars merchandise.

Khev
08-12-2017, 04:40 PM
Disney retired slave Leia from all Star Wars merchandise.

That myth has been debunked several times over.

SONICobra
08-12-2017, 04:45 PM

so much wrong with post

https://images.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1380339107ra/695993.gif

TRDNiteLife
08-12-2017, 05:08 PM
That myth has been debunked several times over.

Have there been any slave Leia products released recently?

Khev
08-12-2017, 05:13 PM
Have there been any slave Leia products released recently?

Yep, all in the last year and even with the non-PC "Slave Leia" moniker.

http://news.entertainmentearth.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/leia.jpg

https://s3.thcdn.com/productimg/600/600/11358371-1674433748845640.jpg

https://www.geekalerts.com/u/Star-Wars-Princess-Leia-Pewter-Figurine.jpg

https://mightyjabba.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/jabba_leia_itty_bitty2.jpg

Comicbookguy
08-12-2017, 05:31 PM
So how did those merchandise of slave leia get through? It's still slave leia? Also the remake of the classics action figure with the slave leia artwork on it a couple years back.

CessnaDriver
08-12-2017, 05:34 PM
yeah, I thought The Mouze cracked down on such products?

Comicbookguy
08-12-2017, 05:41 PM
So then when the license expires we will get her by then most likely.

Mr. Nice Guy
08-12-2017, 06:06 PM

Oh...oh dear. Just...Urgh.

Raas Kaaz
08-12-2017, 06:17 PM
Im really excited for this.. SSC>. hurry up.. I wanna see it done

Xaerius
08-12-2017, 07:57 PM

YES! 😀

Hanky Panky
08-14-2017, 03:19 PM
Definitely put me down for anything Slave Leia related. :)

Mr. Nice Guy
08-14-2017, 04:01 PM
Slave Leia is the epitome of what the character does not represent.

I'll take the General or Princess over the slave any day.

Comicbookguy
08-14-2017, 05:13 PM

I just want maximum T&A. I'm being honest here.

Mr. Nice Guy
08-14-2017, 06:30 PM

Classy as always.

Raas Kaaz
08-14-2017, 08:58 PM

you might wanna hit over to brazzers .... kind of missing the point here IMO

floreairfoot
08-15-2017, 01:29 PM

She escaped at the first opportunity, but that doesn't count because she was forced to wear a skimpy outfit? Is that your reasoning?

Maybe I can help with some updated branding? How about... "Newly free (hasn't had time to change yet) Leia" :laugh:

SONICobra
08-15-2017, 01:43 PM

sometimes against my better judgment, i feel bad for you

Mr. Nice Guy
08-15-2017, 02:22 PM
She escaped at the first opportunity, but that doesn't count because she was forced to wear a skimpy outfit? Is that your reasoning?

Maybe I can help with some updated branding? How about... "Newly free (hasn't had time to change yet) Leia" :laugh:

Leia, to me, represents a beautiful dominant strong feminine character. The Hutt degraded her to his amusement and stripped her of her power. Her murder of Jabba was a pinnacle moment for her character which was why SHE had to do it and not be "saved" from her chain.

But that's not why people buy the slave Leia. They buy her like that because she has no clothes on.

Is she hot in that outfit? Absolutely. But that outfit is not at all what the mythos of Leia Organa represents to anyone who thinks past the b*ner they got back when they were 10 years old. Its actually the complete opposite of who she is.

floreairfoot
08-15-2017, 09:57 PM
Leia, to me, represents a beautiful dominant strong feminine character. The Hutt degraded her to his amusement and stripped her of her power. Her murder of Jabba was a pinnacle moment for her character which was why SHE had to do it and not be "saved" from her chain.

But that's not why people buy the slave Leia. They buy her like that because she has no clothes on.

Is she hot in that outfit? Absolutely. But that outfit is not at all what the mythos of Leia Organa represents to anyone who thinks past the b*ner they got back when they were 10 years old. Its actually the complete opposite of who she is.

I can get behind that thinking.

Maybe a compromise would be... mid-killing Jaba with the chain... diorama? We get the outfit and respect for the character.

A cool angry face option would be kinda badass too. Just saying.

Luminous
08-15-2017, 10:02 PM

I'm sure fans are still pitching tents 37 years later. ;)

Mr. Nice Guy
08-16-2017, 06:21 AM
I can get behind that thinking.

Maybe a compromise would be... mid-killing Jaba with the chain... diorama? We get the outfit and respect for the character.

A cool angry face option would be kinda badass too. Just saying.

Don't get me wrong...nothing wrong with the slave Leia as a statue. She was beautiful and memorable. My only thought on this is that after Carries passing it would be a misss that SSs first commemoration of the character be that when it's quite difficult to find a good princess, general, or endor outfit Leia on the market today.

There seems to just be an over-representation of the character like that when there is so much potential to get behind who she actually was as a character.

ambasah
08-16-2017, 09:43 AM
I believe the mouse axed any future representations of the character in the bikini...at least for now (the decision was made well before Carrie's passing).

French Cancan
08-22-2017, 02:24 PM
I believe the mouse axed any future representations of the character in the bikini...at least for now (the decision was made well before Carrie's passing).

I have heard the same thing. The little mouse doesn't appreciate the words woman and slave in a same sentence.

Hanky Panky
08-22-2017, 03:06 PM

True. This made her that much more compelling of a character.

I understand your points here, but I disagree.

There's no reason why a woman can't be powerful AND sexy in the same sentence.

And for the record, I don't think you need to be 10 years old to get a chubby for admiring a woman's physique. ;)

qz33
08-22-2017, 03:48 PM
True. This made her that much more compelling of a character.

I understand your points here, but I disagree.

There's no reason why a woman can't be powerful AND sexy in the same sentence.

And for the record, I don't think you need to be 10 years old to get a chubby for admiring a woman's physique. ;)

Bring it Hanky.
Have men become so conditioned by society's SJWs that we aren't even allowed what we naturally enjoy?

The outfit is a fantasy and what's the problem with that? If you think Carrie Fisher never enjoyed being desirable to men then you're delusional.

So she couldn't only attract the men she wanted, boo phuking hoo. She cashed that paycheck.

built2shred
08-22-2017, 06:53 PM
Bring it Hanky.
Have men become so conditioned by society's SJWs that we aren't even allowed what we naturally enjoy?

The outfit is a fantasy and what's the problem with that? If you think Carrie Fisher never enjoyed being desirable to men then you're delusional.

So she couldn't only attract the men she wanted, boo phuking hoo. She cashed that paycheck.

She liked it when she was in her 20's when she was hot but once she hit her 50's and was overweight then she thought it was sexist and blame Lucas and the producers for putting her in that outfit. That's why she told Daisy Ridley to never let them put you in a sexy outfit.

It's a bit hypocritical because women love attention if there young and hot but once they get older and lose their hotness then they get bitter about it. And somehow it's all the men's fault... :rolleyes:

Comicbookguy
08-22-2017, 07:33 PM
She liked it when she was in her 20's when she was hot but once she hit her 50's and was overweight then she thought it was sexist and blame Lucas and the producers for putting her in that outfit. That's why she told Daisy Ridley to never let them put you in a sexy outfit.

It's a bit hypocritical because women love attention if there young and hot but once they get older and lose their hotness then they get bitter about it. And somehow it's all the men's fault... :rolleyes:

:goodpost::goodpost::iagree:

Raas Kaaz
08-23-2017, 08:14 AM

dude that's just perfectly correct analysed :p:p

Josh-a-tron
08-23-2017, 08:25 AM
Bring it Hanky.

So you're saying, just because you disagree with something you should give up the pay for the remainder of the work you did?

You can have ideals, but you still need to survive, even if it means doing somethings you disagree with. Especially in a time when the objectification of women was hardly even talked about.

You know this for a fact? Or are you just putting your own view of women in general onto her?

dechirico7
08-23-2017, 10:49 AM
I understand Carrie's attitude towards the "slave" outfit. It was what most people associate her with. Men were obviously going to focus on it. But, as a woman, I found the whole costume, role, situation inspiring and strong. She was put in an extremely vulnerable situation and came out of it flawlessly.

So, my point....I don't really care what version they do. She was strong in every scene. My concern will be the portrait. It has to be right on. And I don't mean on the proto, but the production pieces released. I will wait til I see in hand pics.

qz33
08-23-2017, 11:22 AM
So you're saying, just because you disagree with something you should give up the pay for the remainder of the work you did?

You can have ideals, but you still need to survive, even if it means doing somethings you disagree with. Especially in a time when the objectification of women was hardly even talked about.

She could have balked and got her way. Ain't nobody gonna recast Princess frekkin' Leia because she doesn't want to put on a bathing suit.
And she would have "survived" just fine but maybe not how she most wanted. She put her desires above her distastes; sounds like a tough life.

You know this for a fact? Or are you just putting your own view of women in general onto her?

Women love bemoaning the standards to which they are held and loathing the holders of such standards
...and then work every waking minute to meet those same standards.

Fat, bald, poor men don't meet anyone's standards. Is there a movement with the same vehemence whining about how wrong it is they are disregarded as nothing but fodder for laughter?

Never heard of a girl that truly believed she was all that ever complain about being "objectified".

You shed a tear when strippers say they feel like a piece of meat?

And I don't get using the word "objectified" for finding someone attractive. I want to have sex with people not objects. A girl I think is hot is simply a person I want to have sex with.
It's just a role in someone else's mind. Are athletes objectified simply because their main role in the minds of others is being viewed as competitors? My only interest in my Dentist is in keeping my teeth so is he too objectified?

And on topic I want EVERY version of Princess Leia but I won't stand for knocking the slave bikini to not be made.

Khev
08-23-2017, 11:38 AM
Some pretty amazing sweeping generalizations and contempt for women being displayed in this thread.

qz33
08-23-2017, 11:49 AM
Some pretty amazing sweeping generalizations and contempt for women being displayed in this thread.

Your 1st postulate is true.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/200804/all-stereotypes-are-true-except-i-what-are-stereotypes

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/accuracies-stereotypes

Your 2nd is false.

Josh-a-tron
08-23-2017, 11:50 AM
She could have balked and got her way. Ain't nobody gonna recast Princess frekkin' Leia because she doesn't want to put on a bathing suit.
And she would have "survived" just fine but maybe not how she most wanted. She put her desires above her distastes; sounds like a tough life.

Yes and then been ostracized by the entire industry that her living was being made around. It was the 80's, she would have had to deal with an industry that women had little to no power in at the time and may have never worked another day.

Women love bemoaning the standards to which they are held and loathing the holders of such standards
...and then work every waking minute to meet those same standards.

Fat, bald, poor men don't meet anyone's standards. Is there a movement with the same vehemence whining about how wrong it is they are disregarded as nothing but fodder for laughter?

That's a pretty sweeping generalization.

And for the record yes, it's the bullying and body shaming movements. They're for men too, not just women.

Never heard of a girl that truly believed she was all that ever complain about being "objectified".

You shed a tear when strippers say they feel like a piece of meat?

And I don't get using the word "objectified" for finding someone attractive. I want to have sex with people not objects. A girl I think is hot is simply a person I want to have sex with.
It's just a role in someone else's mind. Are athletes objectified simply because their main role in the minds of others is being viewed as competitors? My only interest in my Dentist is in keeping my teeth so is he too objectified?

Objectification has to do with being treated as property, not the actual visualization of that person being an object, and someone treating another as an instrument to be used for their own ends, which can be sexual or otherwise.

And on topic I want EVERY version of Princess Leia but I won't stand for knocking the slave bikini to not be made.

And that's fine, and I'm not knocking the outfit, I just happen to agree that the character through two other movies transcends this one outfit in one movie and it seems that some of the "fans" forget who that character was and what she was about so they can sexualize her for their own fantasies.

Agreed.

qz33
08-23-2017, 12:03 PM
Yes and then been ostracized by the entire industry that her living was being made around. It was the 80's, she would have had to deal with an industry that women had little to no power in at the time and may have never worked another day.

That's a pretty sweeping generalization.
Agreed

Your supposed ostracization is no less a sweeping generalization than any of the others proposed in this discussion. She got it anyways just by being in Star Wars.

The only contempt in this thread is for the hypocrisy and the strength of its defense.

Josh-a-tron
08-23-2017, 12:15 PM
Your supposed ostracization is no less a sweeping generalization than any of the others proposed in this discussion. She got it anyways just by being in Star Wars.

The only contempt in this thread is for the hypocrisy and the strength of its defense.

So you're saying that women in the 80's in the film industry that refused to do certain scenes were not ostracized by the industry?

Luminous
08-23-2017, 12:17 PM
So you're saying that women in the 80's in the film industry that refused to do certain scenes were not ostracized by the industry?

Sorry man, but that's another generalization of what he's saying. I'm not getting into this debate. Just wanted to point out the thread is swimming in generalizations all around. :p

Josh-a-tron
08-23-2017, 12:22 PM
Sorry man, but that's another generalization of what he's saying. I'm not getting into this debate. Just wanted to point out the thread is swimming in generalizations all around. :p

It's not a generalization, There were women, in the film industry, who refused to do certain either romantic or otherwise sexualized scenes in the 80's and they were ostracized by Hollywood film makers.

That's not even debatable, because it's been shown to have happened. It's not generalized it's specific to what we're talking about.

Now whether she would or would not have been if she refused can be debated, because it didn't happen. But that it had happened, and could have been a real fear at the time, is true.

Luminous
08-23-2017, 12:27 PM
It's not a generalization, There were women, in the film industry, who refused to do certain either romantic or otherwise sexualized scenes in the 80's and they were ostracized by Hollywood film makers.

That's not even debatable, because it's been shown to have happened. It's not generalized it's specific to what we're talking about.

Now whether she would or would not have been if she refused can be debated, because it didn't happen. But that it had happened, and could have been a real fear at the time, is true.

I'm not questioning those facts. What I said was that you were generalizing his point. He's referring to Fisher, an actor portraying a main character on the 3rd film of the biggest film franchise of all time, not all women working in Hollywood at the time. Her pull would be much greater than your average actress.

Josh-a-tron
08-23-2017, 12:42 PM
I'm not questioning those facts. What I said was that you were generalizing his point. He's referring to Fisher, an actor portraying a main character on the 3rd film of the biggest film franchise of all time, not all women working in Hollywood at the time. Her pull would be much greater than your average actress.

True she would, except probably not with Lucas who was the Nerdy Golden God by the time Jedi came out.

Luminous
08-23-2017, 12:45 PM
True she would, except probably not with Lucas who was the Nerdy Golden God by the time Jedi came out.

Also true that we're talking about Lucas here. Who knows what he may or may not have done had she put her foot down.

qz33
08-23-2017, 12:59 PM

And just because she was willing to concede for Star Wars doesn't mean she would even considered it for any other movie. Which she didn't as far as I know.

Look the crux of my point is that liking the depiction of "Sleive Leia" doesn't mean you lack empathy or compassion for Carrie Fisher or women at large and there's no place for society to shame someone for enjoying the fantasy which by your own definition isn't objectifying of anyone.

There's a divorce article where a woman states she got back with her husband one night and she was so mad during sex they were both hurting each other and she was drawing blood from his back.
She then states even 5 years later she hadn't decided if it was rape or not. No drugs, no coercion, just that she's not sure it's what she wanted to do or not.

Well guess what? Rape isn't a decision, especially one a woman gets to make 5 years after the fact.

Same thing with this outfit. I'm not going to join the SJW chorus that Carrie Fisher or any other woman was wronged by being asked to do something even of a sexual tone, she didn't necessarily want to do but was willing to do at the time.

Now years later she may not have come to the same conclusion but that doesn't mean she was dealt some injustice worthy of consideration for remorse or shame.

French Cancan
08-23-2017, 01:01 PM
It is the fault of the 60s and the 70s, :) two crazy décades where the women dare to show their sexuality.
Some of these women seem to regret today. It is certainly normal in a world which seems to be submerged by a wave of hypocritical puritanism.

I understand Carrie's attitude towards the "slave" outfit. It was what most people associate her with. Men were obviously going to focus on it. But, as a woman, I found the whole costume, role, situation inspiring and strong. She was put in an extremely vulnerable situation and came out of it flawlessly.

So, my point....I don't really care what version they do. She was strong in every scene. My concern will be the portrait. It has to be right on. And I don't mean on the proto, but the production pieces released. I will wait til I see in hand pics.

I completely agree with that. The portrait is ALL.

Josh-a-tron
08-23-2017, 02:08 PM
Same thing with this outfit. I'm not going to join the SJW chorus that Carrie Fisher or any other woman was wronged by being asked to do something even of a sexual tone, she didn't necessarily want to do but was willing to do at the time. Now years later she may not have come to the same conclusion but that doesn't mean she was dealt some injustice worthy of consideration for remorse or shame.[

Here's the deal, and it's very simple. If she didn't want to do it, and was in anyway coerced, prodded, threatened or if any of that was even implied to get get her to do it, then yes, she was wronged.

Otherwise I agree, if it was a choice she had and made then that's on her.

However, I think she also felt her performance was defined by that outfit later, by some of the fans. For those that think that, yes, I think that's shameful. Because people who think that are reducing her to an outfit.

Khev
08-23-2017, 02:24 PM
And just because she was willing to concede for Star Wars doesn't mean she would even considered it for any other movie. Which she didn't as far as I know.

ROTJ couldn't have scarred her that badly because just two years later she did an even sexier scene that showed even more skin in The Man With One Red Shoe.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/2cf62106bba0b9a0eb067de23aa7d2cc/tumblr_nufhz6EWG71ufxthyo3_1280.jpg

The only thing that I recall greatly annoying her with the ROTJ bikini was the unprofessional leering by the British crew during filming. Otherwise she always seemed to laugh it off, even to the point of displaying a custom GG Slave Leia statue of herself *topless* in her own home (that was allegedly a gag gift from George Lucas.)

qz33
08-23-2017, 02:31 PM
Well, especially in 1982, a girl in a metal bikini wasn't something you could see everyday so yeah people are gonna take notice.

Sounds like we can all enjoy our Slave Leia fantasies with peace of mind.

Josh-a-tron
08-23-2017, 02:40 PM
Well, especially in 1982, a girl in a metal bikini wasn't something you could see everyday so yeah people are gonna take notice. Something you don't want to do but are willing to do for money is basically what a job is.

EDIT: saw you deleted that part.

Khev
08-23-2017, 02:45 PM
Well, especially in 1982, a girl in a metal bikini wasn't something you could see everyday so yeah people are gonna take notice.

I do think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion over the years. People remember the bikini because Princess Leia is an icon and Carrie Fisher was very attractive. But the costume itself wasn't any more sexual than a bikini you'd see on any beach nor was it kinky like say Barbarella.

Also the "leading lady who gets captured and put in a fancy outfit" motif goes all the way back to King Kong. Hell the very next year Harrison Ford himself did a scene in Temple of Doom where he got captured and was forced to show a lot of skin. Sexual violation didn't follow just a lot of ass kicking which is exactly what happened in ROTJ.

qz33
08-23-2017, 02:56 PM
EDIT: saw you deleted that part.

Didn't want to start arguing but yeah

Something you don't want to do but are willing to do for money is basically what a job is.

And for actors and actresses sometimes creating fantasy that can be seen as sexual is a part of the job.

I don't like speaking in public but I can always quit.

Josh-a-tron
08-23-2017, 03:05 PM
Didn't want to start arguing but yeah

Something you don't want to do but are willing to do for money is basically what a job is.

And for actors and actresses sometimes creating fantasy that can be seen as sexual is a part of the job.

I don't like speaking in public but I can always quit.

That's a pretty negative take was what I was going to say, there are plenty of people who have jobs they absolutely want to do, getting paid for it just makes it better.

BurningRage
08-23-2017, 03:11 PM
Could see more of this pf at Force Friday.

Raas Kaaz
08-23-2017, 04:27 PM
yeah susan kind of teased something that sounded like this :) Cant wait to see the actual statue !

Comicbookguy
08-23-2017, 05:02 PM
That's a pretty negative take was what I was going to say, there are plenty of people who have jobs they absolutely want to do, getting paid for it just makes it better.

Unfortunately not me. I really hate my job with a passion. I didn't finish college, so that another reason the highest I can get paid is around 14-15.00 per hr. Then taxes...

T.MAC
08-23-2017, 05:08 PM
i post without thinking

SSAlex
08-23-2017, 05:40 PM
Unfortunately not me. I really hate my job with a passion. I didn't finish college, so that another reason the highest I can get paid is around 14-15.00 per hr. Then taxes...

I know I shouldn't feed you but....

Not finishing college doesn't mean a person is doomed to work in low paying job fields. It's entirely possible to find good paying jobs that don't require a degree.

T.MAC
08-23-2017, 09:36 PM
another non thinking post. i am good at them today

Mr. Nice Guy
08-24-2017, 07:34 AM

Not finishing college doesn't mean a person is doomed to work in low paying job fields. It's entirely possible to find good paying jobs that don't require a degree.

Like selling crack.

French Cancan
08-24-2017, 10:13 AM
Like selling crack.

How did we get from gold bikini to selling crack...

testsubject25
08-24-2017, 10:35 AM
WTF is going on in here? :laugh:

Gyro Zeppeli
08-26-2017, 08:44 PM
This is quite the thread... Sideshow better be taking notes!

Josh-a-tron
08-27-2017, 01:07 AM
seriously?

He's trolling, thats why I didn't even bother.

Comicbookguy
08-27-2017, 01:33 AM

Thanks for the positive post. I'm not joking. I have people here who knows I work at a grocery store. I do appreciate the good thoughts but I'm pretty much doom. Been at this grocery store for 10 years now and we are in danger of getting let go very soon. But I do still try my best to buy plenty of ss statues because of artist like Will Harbottle, Steve suchmacher, etc....

T.MAC
08-27-2017, 10:11 AM
seriously?

No.

It was an ill-fated attempt at humor in regard to the objectification of women discussion going on a page or so back.

T.MAC
08-27-2017, 12:29 PM
I almost forgot, the titties comment in the magneto thread, that was trolling!

lol.

Josh-a-tron
08-27-2017, 12:56 PM
I almost forgot, the titties comment in the magneto thread, that was trolling!

lol.

I know I saw, it made ne chuckle abit.

T.MAC
08-27-2017, 02:55 PM
I know I saw, it made ne chuckle abit.

Better than a swift kick in the a**!

Mr. Nice Guy
08-27-2017, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the positive post. I'm not joking. I have people here who knows I work at a grocery store. I do appreciate the good thoughts but I'm pretty much doom. Been at this grocery store for 10 years now and we are in danger of getting let go very soon. But I do still try my best to buy plenty of ss statues because of artist like Will Harbottle, Steve suchmacher, etc....

I've been giving out handies in a back alley near my house now to pay for my SS statues. I don't mind taking the occasional one to the face because of artist like Will Harbottle, Steve suchmacher, etc....

SS, Please send me gift cards.

T.MAC
08-27-2017, 09:09 PM
I've been giving out handies in a back alley near my house now to pay for my SS statues. I don't mind taking the occasional one to the face because of artist like Will Harbottle, Steve suchmacher, etc....

SS, Please send me gift cards.

Hadies in the back alley?

So where do you live?

I mean, I'm just asking for a friend.

Don't tell my wife.

Mr. Nice Guy
08-28-2017, 07:56 AM
Hadies in the back alley?

So where do you live?

I mean, I'm just asking for a friend.

Don't tell my wife.

I am your wife. Sorry to tell you this way.

T.MAC
08-28-2017, 09:52 AM
I am your wife. Sorry to tell you this way.

At least we're getting new SS pieces!

Keep up the good work honey!

Love you,

xoxo

Luminous
08-28-2017, 10:15 AM
This thread took a dark turn... and I'm lovin it! :laugh:

jac1066
08-28-2017, 10:31 AM
This thread took a dark turn... and I'm lovin it! :laugh:

This thread has fallen to the dark side.

French Cancan
08-28-2017, 03:59 PM

Yes. But the dialogues have here much better quality than in both last Star Wars.

Mr. Nice Guy
08-28-2017, 04:11 PM

You know what else fell to the dark side? My Chipotle burrito from lunch.

I had to leave a conference call early and I've been in the office bathroom for about 50 minutes. I'm at the point where I've just given up and started surfing Statue Forum.

Are we going to see something about this piece soon?

Josado
08-28-2017, 04:18 PM
comment to keep track of this statue. :D

Raas Kaaz
08-28-2017, 04:51 PM
time for Force Friday... hope this goes back as where this thread suppose to be...

T.MAC
08-29-2017, 01:00 AM
I try to be funny but fail.

T.MAC
08-29-2017, 01:00 AM
I just can't help myself.

Don't ban me.

:(

testsubject25
08-29-2017, 01:12 AM

CKinSD
08-30-2017, 04:58 AM
I just can't help myself.

Don't ban me.

:(

figure it out quick. i enjoy humor but come on. enough is enough. one more and ban time

House
08-31-2017, 10:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlA-E5SiXTg
Should be soon!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collections/star-wars-premium-format-figure-collection/?utm_source=YouTube&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=Video_StarWarsPFCollection&utm_campaign=YouTube_083117

Marvelito
08-31-2017, 10:21 PM
Yeesh, I just can't get over the gaps on that Stormtrooper armor.

Raas Kaaz
09-01-2017, 04:17 PM
super disappointed by Sideshow not showing her today..

Josado
09-01-2017, 04:20 PM
super disappointed by Sideshow not showing her today..

Same. :/