PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man 3 Villains

wolverinejedi007
09-26-2005, 04:38 PM
Forgive me if this is repost:

Dunst Confirms Spider-Man 3 Villains
Source: Zap2it September 26, 2005

During an interview this weekend promoting Elizabethtown, Kirsten Dunst confirmed rumors to Zap2it that Thomas Haden Church will play Sandman and Topher Grace is Venom in director Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3, opening in theaters on May 4, 2007.

"We have really great people though as the villains in this film, Thomas Haden Church and Topher Grace -- Venom and Sandman," said Dunst, who plays Mary Jane Watson in the Spidey films.

"Maybe I wasn't supposed to say that," she added before reversing her claim. "It's the other way around. You're right," she conceded to a journalist.

Dunst has yet to receive a script for the third film that will begin shooting in January. "But I know the general story. There's a lot that they're trying to fit into this one."

Haste05
09-26-2005, 06:18 PM
i heard chameleon and kraven as definite but if what u say is right, then id rather have venom and sandman. That would be the shiznit :buttrock:

Primal
09-26-2005, 08:07 PM
Sandman & Venom. Talk about CGI overload...I hope they pull it off!

Perna
09-27-2005, 12:05 AM
I heard Zurb was the villain for the 3rd movie.

The Evil Mod!!!!!

sith lord utinni!
09-27-2005, 12:52 AM
Sweet @SS!! :buttrock: . Venom is one of my favs.

CompEng1
09-27-2005, 01:02 AM
Darn! I was hoping for the Peeper and paste pot pete...lol.

Bullseye
09-27-2005, 03:29 AM
Nice selection on the Villain front.

Ghost
09-27-2005, 04:31 AM
Eh, I dunno if they can pull Venom off. Topher Grace as any villain just sounds lame.

Bullseye
09-27-2005, 05:37 AM
Who is Topher Grace BTW. I was referring to Venom as opposed to the person playing him.

Dj-B13
09-27-2005, 06:40 AM
Yep These are the confirmed characters.

Topher Grace As Venom
Thomas Haden Church As Sandman

Also after the 3rd movie, the next 3 movies will be a whole new cast :)

Jesse321
09-27-2005, 10:34 AM
Personally I would have loved to have seen what they could have done with Mysterio ... him being a special effects tech, imagine what they could have done now a days! :eek: Also, I hope they eventually do Electro as well.

cousinlouie
09-27-2005, 10:42 AM
Who is Topher Grace BTW. I was referring to Venom as opposed to the person playing him.
He plays Eric on that 70s show

Ghost
09-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Personally I would have loved to have seen what they could have done with Mysterio ... him being a special effects tech, imagine what they could have done now a days! :eek: Also, I hope they eventually do Electro as well.

I agree, as low key as those guys might be, I would have preferred them, but I don't mind Sandman, just can't get over Grace as Venom. I mean that kid play Eddie Brock!? There's no way that kid can even bulk up like Maguire. Maguire was husky and trimmed up good. This kid would have to jack up in weight to turn into muscle. I mean that's just me I'm sure there's going to be something to work it out....

Ghost
09-27-2005, 02:39 PM

Yeah B he plays Eric Foreman on That 70s Show, and has been in a couple of movies like, Ocean's 11, Traffic, Win a Date with Tad Hamilton, In Good Company and that's it I believe so far.

Bullseye
09-27-2005, 03:12 PM
He seems abit small to play Eddie B.

Bullseye
09-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Did you see Stan Lee and Steve Ditko are down for writing credits. And Alvin Sargent is writing the screen play.

Ghost
09-27-2005, 04:10 PM
Yeah he is very small. Interesting to see Lee and Ditko on there too. More classic comic book action and drama! Sweet!

Bullseye
09-27-2005, 04:39 PM
A Sargent is credited with writing the S-M2 screenplay too. I wonder will GG2 make an appearance?

Uselessfew
09-27-2005, 04:52 PM
I wonder how they'll explain Venom's origin. Man, I wish they kept to the Sinister Six.

J Storm
09-27-2005, 06:18 PM
Maybe they'll use the story they used for the Fox Animated series in which Jameson's Son brings something back from space to explain Venom & but they'll say Brock is like the janitor of the lab or some crap.

Sniper
09-27-2005, 07:05 PM
is it out yet?? have to get this one

Fritz
09-27-2005, 07:32 PM
How come Electro doesn't get any love?

Captain Britain
09-28-2005, 03:42 AM
Considering the actors size etc, i'm worried that Venom itself may end up as a complete CGI affair.

I would prefer them to stretch the Venom story across 2 movies i.e.

In Spider-Man 3 Peter gets the Alien costume etc and as the film progreeses it becomes obviouse that yet the costume is too good to be true

Spider-Man 4 Venom and Spider-Man face off

Vartha
09-28-2005, 09:58 PM
You know what I see happening? I see Topher playing Ben Reilly the clone, and as Venom, not Eddie Brock as Venom.
I see Harry creating the clone somehow through his father's notes or something, and sending the clone after Peter/Spider-Man.
Topher looks ALOT like Toby, they can pass as brothers.
The only other way I see this happening as is, would be Harry creating some slime that absorbs Pete's powers, and Eddie Brock/Topher just happens to be around when Harry decides to try the slime out on someone esle.

J Storm
09-28-2005, 11:04 PM
You know what I see happening? I see Topher playing Ben Reilly the clone, and as Venom, not Eddie Brock as Venom.
I see Harry creating the clone somehow through his father's notes or something, and sending the clone after Peter/Spider-Man.
The only other way I see this happening as is, would be Harry creating some slime that absorbs Pete's powers, and Eddie Brock/Topher just happens to be around when Harry decides to try the slime out on someone esle.

I wouldn't put it past Hollywood, since theyre known for changing the origins of stories b/c
they think they're so smart and know whats good for the audience , bounch of losers they are!

Bartman256
09-29-2005, 08:11 PM

Interesting....the whole clone thing...no mention of Harry becoming the Green Goblin or Doc Conners/Lizard?

sleepindeath
09-30-2005, 12:37 PM
Brock was mentioned in one of the other movies by J.J.J. in regards to something about eddie was not available for the return of his son from space? I could be wrong. If not then eddie would be still casted as a photographer and not a janitor.

darthrobbler
09-30-2005, 02:28 PM
I heard Zurb was the villain for the 3rd movie.

The Evil Mod!!!!! :laugh:

Dj-B13
09-30-2005, 09:37 PM
Brock was mentioned in one of the other movies by J.J.J. in regards to something about eddie was not available for the return of his son from space? I could be wrong. If not then eddie would be still casted as a photographer and not a janitor.

Yep he was mention by J.J.J in the office in part the first spider-man movie.