PDA

View Full Version : Dollar amount Sideshow requires Signature

martineaumichae
08-31-2017, 10:56 PM
Does anyone know what dollar amount Sideshow requires a signature on items shipped in the US?

I ordered the She-Ra framed print $250 and am hoping a signature isn't required.

Sathis
08-31-2017, 11:05 PM
You will have to sign for it, I believe it is $100 max before a Signature is required for the seller safety of delivery and for you!

This is UPS mind you, I do not know if they were to use another method.

House
08-31-2017, 11:48 PM
Does anyone know what dollar amount Sideshow requires a signature on items shipped in the US?

I ordered the She-Ra framed print $250 and am hoping a signature isn't required.

You will have sign, i pretty much have mine sent to a UPS store. Pickup at the actual store, much easier than constantly missing the delivery.

Josh-a-tron
08-31-2017, 11:54 PM

If you want to avoid it you can call sideshow and have them call UPS to hold it at a UPS location near you. It's a little bit a pain but you'll be able to pick it up at your convenience instead of risking missing it with the signature.

ZenLogikos
09-01-2017, 12:02 AM
If you want to avoid it you can call sideshow and have them call UPS to hold it at a UPS location near you. It's a little bit a pain but you'll be able to pick it up at your convenience instead of risking missing it with the signature.

I have almost all my UPS and FedEx stuff redirected to a pick-up location. You don't need to involve Sideshow at all. Simply sign up at UPS and/or FedEx. It's free.

Josh-a-tron
09-01-2017, 12:23 AM
I have almost all my UPS and FedEx stuff redirected to a pick-up location. You don't need to involve Sideshow at all. Simply sign up at UPS and/or FedEx. It's free.

true, But if you don't have an account for some reason they require Sideshow to call if a delivery attempt hasn't been yet. Weird I know, since it's being delivered to you, but that's how they work.

AC_808
09-01-2017, 12:26 AM
You could also ask SSC to waive the signature. SSC will ask you to fill out a waiver form with your signature. By doing this, every SSC delivery to your residence will be left at your front door.

I suggest you go the waiver form route only if you live in a safe neighborhood ...or if you can quickly get to your house right after notification of delivery so you can put your package into your house.

House
09-01-2017, 12:35 AM
One thing i noticed with UPS, with framed art prints. Because it is glass supposedly you cant re-direct to a UPS Store location. I actually called Sideshow because i couldn't one time. They advised to have it shipped directly to that UPS store location as a work around.

67L88Stingray
09-01-2017, 03:40 AM
I believe it is $185

Screamingstang
09-01-2017, 04:15 AM
So, if the package has left SS & it's on it way to the customer, You can/should be able to log on UPS account & have it shipped to UPS store directly instead of the customer's house, Correct??

Hope so, as it would be so much easier than sitting around all day waiting

House
09-01-2017, 04:27 AM
So, if the package has left SS & it's on it way to the customer, You can/should be able to log on UPS account & have it shipped to UPS store directly instead of the customer's house, Correct??

Hope so, as it would be so much easier than sitting around all day waiting

Yep, can select in UPS mychoice to send an email etc when delivered as well.

SONICobra
09-01-2017, 08:03 AM
create a my ups account and sign for it online

Jibber82
09-01-2017, 09:06 AM
create a my ups account and sign for it online

This. Super easy and free. Never need to worry about signing again just sign for it online. I wish FedEx had this option.

Josh-a-tron
09-01-2017, 09:28 AM
This. Super easy and free. Never need to worry about signing again just sign for it online. I wish FedEx had this option.

Pretty sure they do.

jeremydmc
09-01-2017, 09:28 AM
I concur, make a free account online through UPS or have it shipped to a UPS store instead or sign for it online. Makes it so much easier to get deliveries.

Ginormousthumbs
09-01-2017, 12:00 PM
I'm lucky that I can have my packages delivered to my work.

BurningRage
09-01-2017, 12:10 PM
Porch pirate.

Mister H
09-01-2017, 12:17 PM
Take a day off from work and play Skyrim until the package gets there.

AC_808
09-01-2017, 04:02 PM
Pretty sure they do.

FedEx does have that option, but because SSC makes it "Direct Signature Required" signing for it online doesn't work. For FedEx, you have to be there to sign for it in person.

That's why redirecting the package to a FedEx store works, because you sign for it when you pick it up.