PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a theme to your statue collection?

Snnnikt
09-07-2017, 03:25 PM
New statue collector here... I was curious on if you guys had a theme in your collection.

Do you buy whatever comes out that you like (being a character you like), or are you a completionist of a series like Justice League or something?

I'm having this issue where I don't know where to start because I feel I'm a little bit of both lol.

Curious on what everyone here does...

jeremydmc
09-07-2017, 03:45 PM
I started off with DC only statues and collectibles. I still buy mainly DC related but I do get a non DC related piece here and there that I really like. I almost never pass up Supergirl and Power Girl statues. They are my two favorites.

Legion564
09-07-2017, 03:48 PM
I'm switching it up to marvel cosmic right now. I usually try to stick with a theme or group.

Snnnikt
09-07-2017, 03:55 PM
I started off with DC only statues and collectibles. I still buy mainly DC related but I do get a non DC related piece here and there that I really like. I almost never pass up Supergirl and Power Girl statues. They are my two favorites.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I just want to get DC pieces but I do like Wolverine. I wouldn't go out and get a Marvel statue unless it's Wolvey.

I'm running into the issue of deciding whether or not to pull the trigger on the Prime 1 new 52 line but hate the Superman design. The league does look exceptional together though...

tormentedbliss
09-07-2017, 04:02 PM
i found at rather quickly that focusing on something is very important. Unless you have unlimited funds and space. However most of us do have both as limitations. I was all over the place, horror, DC, marvel. Then realized i couldnt display all i wanted properly or on the custom shelving i made. I have since refocused to hulks and horror.....still have some DC tho.

Snnnikt
09-07-2017, 04:12 PM
So what do you guys collect scale wise? Obviously since this is a Sideshow thread most will be 1/4 but do you go 1/6 or 1/5?

ZenLogikos
09-07-2017, 04:21 PM
I don't personally value "completionism" in statue collecting. You'll either be disappointed that a company doesn't complete a line, run out of money, or the inevitable - re-imagined and/or newer lines come along.

I just stick to a list of favorite characters that I made early on.

Are the characters more important to you, or the act of collecting?

Snnnikt
09-07-2017, 04:32 PM
I don't personally value "completionism" in statue collecting. You'll either be disappointed that a company doesn't complete a line, run out of money, or the inevitable - re-imagined and/or newer lines come along.

I just stick to a list of favorite characters that I made early on.

Are the characters more important to you, or the act of collecting?

That's a great question. That's the fear I have is starting something and them (statue company) never completing it or come out with another line and focus more on those than the ones they started.

Fremen
09-07-2017, 04:33 PM
I do. Total Chaos.

COI
09-07-2017, 04:41 PM
I'm strongly considering doing a reset. I've been collecting a long time and have a wide range of stuff, and I'm realizing that maybe 70%-80% of what I own I don't care all that much about.

In the next year or two I'm cleaning house to adopt a focus, and that focus will consist of being ridiculously discriminating about what I buy, and only buying stuff I want to be buried with.

To any new collector, save yourself the time and money and adopt that attitude from the beginning.*

*Unless you're like Fremen and can totally embrace the awesome chaos.

jeremydmc
09-07-2017, 04:41 PM
I do. Total Chaos.

:hilarious:

Mister H
09-07-2017, 04:43 PM
I do half DC, half Marvel. More quality Marvel pieces to choose from IMO, but it's getting better with the DC stuff. I'm moving to 1/4 scale but will hold onto the cream of the crop 1/6 scalers. I'll eventually end up with only my top 5: Batman, Captain America, Punisher, Green Lantern and Thor.

grphyx1
09-07-2017, 04:47 PM
I love a lot of crap, and it shows in my collection.

QX403
09-07-2017, 04:48 PM
Everything, 1/8th, 1/7th (mostly just cheetara and koto's bish are probably considered this size) 1/6th, 1/4th, Marvel, Aspen, Top Cow, The Walking Dead, Borderlands. Basically I buy what I like which I think everybody should do.

Comicbookguy
09-07-2017, 04:56 PM
None

ZenLogikos
09-07-2017, 04:58 PM
None

To the surprise of no one. :p

HBK83
09-07-2017, 05:02 PM
D.C. Villains only at the moment and marvel.
Few gaming pieces.

strife87
09-07-2017, 05:03 PM
I collect multiple properties but they mostly all have their own space.

BurningRage
09-07-2017, 05:16 PM
Mostly DC

Bernie21
09-07-2017, 05:18 PM
I originally started by getting what I liked and wanted but quickly realized that was too much because there's so many lines from so many companies. So it had me wanting almost everything I saw. It was becoming too much money, too much space (storage and display) and way too unorganized to display nicely. I had to make a decision in what direction I wanted my collection to go in. It was thanks to a thread like this one by someone else and posts from others that I ultimately decided on dioramas because I focused my collection while I still get multiple characters in one, there's less dioramas made by less companies. Even w that, I still find myself spending too much and wondering how to properly organize my collection to display nicely together. I might have to reduce even further still. Good luck to you.

ComicJesus
09-07-2017, 05:20 PM
No theme. If I like it, I'll find a way to buy it. I have 1/3, 1/4, 1/6. It's much better from a money and space perspective to give yourself boundaries, but for me, I will just pick stuff I like it, and buy it. I also have key issues of comics, and some really nice Deadpool, Venom, and Bats stories. It really stops you from going all in and getting some pieces though. I've been telling myself I'm saving to buy Samurai Batman and XM Cable for the past 7 months.

So while I don't have a theme, if you are getting into collecting, start slow, pace yourself, and set some boundaries.

Fremen
09-07-2017, 05:28 PM
It's almost impossible to start slow if you're new to collecting and have the cash. I remember and I've seen it in a lot of others.

I no longer have the cash so that keeps me pretty tame these days.

sith_apprentice
09-07-2017, 05:30 PM
Villains, anti-heroes, vigilantes and shady characters. My focus is Star Wars (Sith Lords, Imperials, First Order and bounty hunters), G.I. Joe (Cobra, Iron Grenadiers and a few Dreadnoks), Marvel (the Hand, Elektra, Daredevil, HYDRA, Wolverine, Psylocke, AIM, Lady Deathstrike, Viper, US Agent, Deadpool, Kingpin, Taskmaster, Ultron, Doom, etc), Batman, Ra's and Talia, Killer Croc, Bane, Scarecrow, Deathstroke, Katana, AVP stuff, and some villains from LOTR, Harry Potter, Conan and other fantasy lines.

Snnnikt
09-07-2017, 05:39 PM
It's really cool to see all of your taste and collecting styles. I just don't know if I should start at 1/4 or 1/6 and also do dioramas. I know it's collect what you want but I'm having trouble were to start scale wise lol.

sparda
09-07-2017, 05:47 PM
Currently collecting the P1 new 52-line. For some unknown reason I started buying EX's only, and now I decided to just go with it. :p I've also got several Spider-Man characters on Po for a small spider-verse and plan to do a marvel diorama with thanos as the centre piece to oppose my jl diorama.

After that, my wife will probably step in. :p

Kovenor
09-07-2017, 05:54 PM
currently my themes are "court of the dead" and "thrones"..

COI
09-07-2017, 05:59 PM
It's almost impossible to start slow if you're new to collecting and have the cash. I remember and I've seen it in a lot of others.

Truth. When you first start your enthusiasm is at its highest, and your wallet is at its fullest.

I give that advice to new collectors knowing they won't listen.

FJC
09-07-2017, 05:59 PM
Marvel and DC comic based statues.

Davidian
09-07-2017, 06:22 PM
Didn't start off with a theme, but now I'm trying to develop one. Most of my statues are mainly Marvel or Top Cow, and are favorite characters of mine. Scale wise I have a mix of 1/5, 1/6 and 1/4 scale, but am trying to just focus on 1/4 scale and sell the smaller stuff if I have the option of getting a superior statue in 1/4 scale. I have some anime figures and statues too, but those are all over the place.

The end game is I hope to have all of my fav Marvel characters with their first appearance comic book posed next to them.

Then I just got into building Gundam models.......

Bowen or Bust
09-07-2017, 07:53 PM
95% Marvel with a few DC sprinkled in.

Indomitus
09-07-2017, 08:04 PM
Theme = Childhood, Budget, Itchy Trigger Finger, and Low Stock warnings. AHHHHH!! :crazy:

LetMeSee
09-07-2017, 08:07 PM
This is so interesting! I am interested in a specific character (Wonder Woman) - so scale/company tend not to be things I consider, and my immediate circle are the same, either character specific or show specific (Buffy - all characters). I can't imagine if I gave myself free reign to buy everything I liked - as some have mentioned, chaos, and I'm sure I would get bored of statues.

Having a theme has helped me focus, which is a good thing!

ZenLogikos
09-07-2017, 08:34 PM
It's really cool to see all of your taste and collecting styles. I just don't know if I should start at 1/4 or 1/6 and also do dioramas. I know it's collect what you want but I'm having trouble were to start scale wise lol.

Have you seen any examples of these scales yet, first-hand? At a friend's, convention, or comic store? That may help. I've been collecting 1/4 for a while, and I'm still frequently surprised how large some statues are when I open them.

I started with 1/6-1/7 though, and thought they were great, but I'd bet a great many collectors quickly settle on 1/4, like me. I believe it's the perfect scale. Splitting things into quarters comes naturally (at least for Americans), so a typical human works out nicely. It's a great combination of size (to impress), while not being too large (to overwhelm), plus the detail level hits the spot too. I don't rule out larger or smaller statues, but I definitely prefer 1/4. Some people don't mix scales, so that's something to decide on too.

But I'm not a completionist. If that's the road you take, you could have difficulty finding all the characters you want in 1/4, and then space can become an issue. It's a lot easier to be a Bowen (~1/7) completionist, for these reasons, for example.

ruzzell
09-07-2017, 08:51 PM
Not really a theme, but mostly female collection here. Esp. with smaller scale figures there are several lines like DC bombshells, Covergirls, Kotobukiya bishoujo, Diamond Select Femme Fatales and Gallery statues, Women of Dynamite, etc. Sideshow has also been bringing out many awesome female statues lately. Just look at the three Red Sonjas.

gorocketcat
09-07-2017, 09:21 PM
I try to have a theme with displaying them. I've got my 80s stuff together (Transformers, He-Man, TMNT) and do the best I can to stick my avengers together, x-men together, and Batman/DC line together - but it isn't always possible.

Ginormousthumbs
09-07-2017, 09:31 PM
Only been collecting 1/4 scale for 2 years, although all of my pieces have entered my home this year(7) and I have 2 more coming before the end of the year.
Marvel-Guardians Of The Galaxy, X-Men or related.
D.C.-Green Lantern and Batman.
Comic style only. No movie based figures.
I have random smaller scale items like a Spider-Man and Iron Man. Ultimately it comes down to characters that I enjoy and truly care to have in my collection.
Most important thing in this hobby is not to have FOMO.

Choopie
09-07-2017, 09:43 PM
I've been actively collecting statues since 2003 and I've gone through three purges to refocus my collection, and I'm in the middle of a smaller fourth one right now just to widdle down some things that are just sitting in storage. Where I am now though is what I'm happy with so will be "retiring" from collecting with what I have within a year.

As far as a theme, I buy mainly 1/4 but dabble in 1/5 and 1/2 scale busts. I collect mainly movie characters, but also have a few comic based characters.

My overall collection is generally centered around genres or properties and I pick a character I like that best fits as a single representation. For example for Disney I have one live action movie character and one animated movie character. For Western theme I have Wyatt Earp. For fantasy, I chose LOTR, specifically Gandalf as the single character representation, etc. I do give myself some leeway. I like horror, so I have a character representing a decade: Myers for 70s, Pinhead for 90s, etc.

It may seem weird, but it gives me the diversity I like while keeping my buying in check, so I don't go crazy buying, say, a bunch of Iron Man statues just because I like the suits. The only character I have a separate mini collection of is Indiana Jones.

T.MAC
09-07-2017, 09:49 PM
Pretty new to this too. Just buying characters I like, mostly stuff I was a huge fan of as a kid, i.e. Star Wars, Transformers, etc. Dont really worry about scale, more concerned with if I like the piece and of course, the cost.

NinNin
09-07-2017, 10:25 PM
This is my line of thinking. I couldn't possibly stick to one theme and I knew that from the start. I've certainly abandoned lines I thought I would be collecting back when I first started (XM Rising Sun, HMO Bounties of Bathos). Before 1/4 comic characters the bulk of my collection consisted of 1/8 , 1/7 and a few 1/6 anime/manga figures. At that scale it's easier to buy a lot of what you like.

For quarter scale it's much harder to buy everything you want the further you get into it, so being picky and establishing a theme ends up becoming more important. I'm mainly a Marvel and DC collector but I've got some pieces from video games and other series I loved growing up.

For Marvel I've got all the Avengers related pieces I plan to get either in hand or on order. For the Spider-Verse all I have left to pick up is a Carnage and Green Goblin (maybe a Spider-Gwen) and I'm done there. Then there's the X-Men, which is where it gets really hard for me because I want so many of them. So I've decided to only pick up the ones that are truly exceptional to me, but can also stand on their own and still be a good representation of the mutants in my collection.

For DC I dont have a ton of favorites like with Marvel. For Batman instead of getting every villain I decided to do a Death of the Family display, which I'm super excited about. So I'll be waiting on Sideshow to do all the Robins for however long that takes, but hopefully they get it done. Also if they ever do the Phantasm it's a day one order no question. Already got Lobo and I'm waiting to see more from Prime 1 on their quarter scale Deathstroke because the Sideshow rendition is just incredibly disappointing to me for many reasons.

Y3E
09-07-2017, 10:44 PM
New statue collector here... I was curious on if you guys had a theme in your collection.

Do you buy whatever comes out that you like (being a character you like), or are you a completionist of a series like Justice League or something?

I'm having this issue where I don't know where to start because I feel I'm a little bit of both lol.

Originally bought only female statues of any size.

Then decided to collect 1/4 females...then any X-men...then any Avengers...now its whatever I like.

I do. Total Chaos.

LOL. Good chaos though

SONICobra
09-07-2017, 11:05 PM
I try to have a theme with displaying them. I've got my 80s stuff together (Transformers, He-Man, TMNT) and do the best I can to stick my avengers together, x-men together, and Batman/DC line together - but it isn't always possible.

this is how pretty much how im approaching things now

T.MAC
09-07-2017, 11:20 PM
My theme is the more I buy, the angrier my wife gets.

VS1976
09-07-2017, 11:27 PM
Girls girls girls...and more girls girls girls lol

broncofan66
09-07-2017, 11:38 PM
I think it's important to have a vision for the space your collection will be displayed. For example, I had plan to display all my DC stuff on one set of shelves. The top I wanted cosmic characters like GL, the bottom shelves would be street level characters like Bats. It turned out pretty good, I added some vinyl wall backgrounds to enhance the effect. My collection was featured on SS collector of the week. I'm pretty proud of the way it turned out.

ZenLogikos
09-07-2017, 11:55 PM
I think it's important to have a vision for the space your collection will be displayed. For example, I had plan to display all my DC stuff on one set of shelves. The top I wanted cosmic characters like GL, the bottom shelves would be street level characters like Bats. It turned out pretty good, I added some vinyl wall backgrounds to enhance the effect. My collection was featured on SS collector of the week. I'm pretty proud of the way it turned out.

That's a cool, subtle thought process at work. :thumbs2:

tormentedbliss
09-08-2017, 12:39 AM
damn!!!! i said i changed and got rid of DC, however Bane got me!!! now i lost my focus. Sometimes a statue comes out that is so great and goes against everything im collecting that i break my rules and focus, but i will make that sacrifice for a statue thats this phenomenal

Parallax
09-08-2017, 12:52 AM
I buy whatever I like.

I and I
09-08-2017, 06:55 AM
euh Game related stuff was/is the core. But have a lot of marvel, try to collect the characters we love.

dechirico7
09-08-2017, 07:15 AM
I try to stick to just female pieces.

Valderen
09-08-2017, 09:06 AM
Started with anything I like, space. rising prices and bad exchange for Canadians made me concentrate on only Court of the Dead for now. Getting She-Ra to complete my Master of the Universe set...not getting anything else in that collection.

Still open to exceptional piece at the right price but hasn't really happen in last 2 years and haven't seen anything outside of CotD that I am interested in now.

GenMotors
09-08-2017, 10:03 AM
I have three Star Wars PFs. The rest of my collection is comic based. I reserve 1/4 scale for my most important 4-5 characters.

Rest are mainly 1/6 scale. Main focus for me are X-Men pieces, with a few exceptions.

Submissive421
09-08-2017, 10:32 AM
I'm trying to refocus my collection. I had Star Wars pieces like Talon, Anakin and Aayla. But sold them because they didn't truly fit with my style of my collecting. Plus they helped me move into my apartment. But I mainly stay with gaming statues.

But I did get into the Batman Premium format line because Batman was too awesome along with Joker, Catwoman, Harley and Poison.

Since there are too many different version of the super heroes like Superman, Spiderman, Hulk...etc. I decided not to buy those and it makes collecting easier. I also try to stick with 1/4 scale. Right price I'm willing to pay and I have the shelving for them.

Shaughn54
09-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Man this is a tough one. Like many have stated, when you first start everything looks amazing and you can go 100 different directions. I had that thought process at first, feeling like I had unlimited room with PAX cabinets and then I started getting some statues and knew that room would quickly disappear (especially with these new crazy bases).

So now I have reigned in what I am collecting. 1/4 men 1/4 spiderman and 1/6 xmen. I did deviate from this because the new Red Sonja looks so good. So I POed her and will create a medieval/fantasy shelf for her Kier from CotD and gladiator hulk.

What is going to kill me is if they make lines of Battle Chasers or the Forgotten realms (specifically Drizzit series), those lines will be must haves for me and I have no room for them!

testsubject25
09-08-2017, 01:01 PM
Anything Drizzt and his crew would be instant buy for me as well. :laugh:

Jibber82
09-08-2017, 01:33 PM
I've been collecting for 2 years and have ordered almost exclusively from Sideshow. All have been Marvel or MOTU. In both 1/5 and 1/4. I like statues that have companion pieces i.e. Rocket & Groot, Gamora & Angela, He-Man & Skeletor, etc. I've gone all in on the Avengers Assemble line. I may branch out to Danger Girl when Abby is released since I love J. Scott Campbell but I may wait and see if a companion is announced.

SONICobra
09-08-2017, 01:38 PM

for the sake of trying to give you a little direction heres what i do

i like to stick to 1/4 scale mostly, if i venture out of that those items are displayed on their own separately from 1/4 scale pieces

when i get everything set up in the new house with custom cabinets theyll look something like this

- P1 batman related 1/3 scale pieces

- P1 berserk
- P1 anime

- batman / batman villains
- misc dc

- x-men
- misc marvel

- misc comic
- star wars
- movie

- spiderman / related heroes
- spiderman villains

still trying to figure out the cabinet sizes / shelf heights but need to see my basement finished before deciding all that

focus on a quality display with pieces you love over trying to get as many as you can

nbr3bagshotrow
09-08-2017, 03:29 PM
My theme is the things I like. I have a Bowen 1/6 wall that's all Marvel, I have a wall that's all 1/6 scale Star Wars (gentle giant/hot toys), I have 1/4 scale of some of my favorite dc characters, 1/4 scale of various movie/tv characters, Star Trek 1/6, Batman 66 1/6 scale, various old cartoon characters. With limited space I put a lot of thought into what I buy as I won't store stuff to switch out and I won't jam stuff in to make it look crowded.

Mr. Nice Guy
09-08-2017, 03:36 PM
DC - comic PFs only
Villains
Batman, batgirl and Superman

Star Wars - PFs only
Villains only - Sith + troopers
Darth Vader Mythos exception

Marvel - PFs only
Spider-Man and new SS SM villain series (XM mysterio exception)
Villains only + wolverine PF

I don't go outside of this. No Sonja, transformers, video game characters, zombies, he-men, joes, etc. It keeps me from buying a lot. I really like the new Sonja but won't buy her cause she won't fit.

marvelboi77
09-08-2017, 04:12 PM
Yes. Anything with tits.

aa909
09-08-2017, 04:12 PM
50% DC: Mostly Comic, lots of Batman, with a few select movie pieces.

40% Marvel: Comic with a couple of Iron Man movie statues

10% Star Wars: Villains Only

I don't go outside this lane, otherwise it quickly will spiral out of control.

I also recommend managing your space so it doesn't look cluttered and incorporate nice lighting. Presentation makes all the difference IMO. I've seen photos where people have 100 1/4 scale statues, with epic grails, all jammed together into tight spaces with poor lighting. Looks awful IMO.

Pilky
09-08-2017, 04:20 PM
My theme is over-paying for a bunch of ---- I don't need.

GaryTonge
09-08-2017, 04:29 PM
At present my only two formal lines are my Spidey 1/4 scale collection and DC 1/4 collection.

Star Wars makes up the other major 1/3 of my collection but that includes a smattering of 1/4 and 1/5 scale statues, lifesize busts and props.

In additional to this I have an assortment of other 1/4 scale statues of characters that I love. This is the part that will probably give me a problem. :)

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/20643113_1385036841615284_8480746397035924682_o.jpg?oh=8bcbda1661aa39e5e62e6fdced73eb84&oe=5A5628C0

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/21122358_1402821666503468_6993054252640752008_o.jpg?oh=8dd21982e4e659b8d31375b24d6abe33&oe=5A1F3F0D

OhHaiMark
09-08-2017, 05:51 PM
Yes. Anything with tits.

https://s26.postimg.org/48ppgab5l/csyyqoofz2n1v031ubc0.gif

QX403
09-12-2017, 03:42 AM
Yes. Anything with tits.

( . Y . )

Seconded, thirded and fithded (sounds like Mike Tyson saying fisted, odd)

gorocketcat
09-12-2017, 05:15 AM
This thread needs pics.

pokritz17
09-12-2017, 05:32 AM
My path:
Harley Quinn only
Harley Quinn and Batman only
Harley Quinn, Batman, and Joker only
...okay that and the Justice League
...okay DC only
oo XM Phoenix, okay only a few Marvel too
oooo Star Wars but i'll only buy them in 1/6
Wow Illidan and Grommash statues are amazing, I'll get those too
Prime 1 introduces 1/3

ugh, ---- it

Oh and throw Red Sonja in there somewhere with 1 court of the dead

Doctor Doom
09-12-2017, 12:47 PM
My theme is over-paying for a bunch of ---- I don't need.

:hilarious::goodpost::hilarious:

Ryanbusts
09-12-2017, 01:33 PM
Lol

MrJones
09-12-2017, 07:52 PM
I didn't have a theme when I first started collecting. Then started selling everything except for Hulk, Venom and Marvel cosmic. Then I sold all my Hulks. Then I sold all my Venoms. Now I strictly collect Marvel cosmic revolving around Thanos. But just last week I have even sold one of my Thanos statues. So who knows. My theme is cosmic and will stay that way until either A) I get a bigger house and make more money and will expand into something else, or B) I sell the whole lot and get out of statues.

WolverineFan
09-12-2017, 08:34 PM
My theme is really cool looking dynamic statues. That simple lol. Doesn't matter the scale or whether it's Marvel or DC. Whatever catches my eye basically. I even mix scales together. I know what you guys are thinking, oh the horror, this guy is insane!

Chargersfan57
09-12-2017, 10:28 PM
https://s26.postimg.org/48ppgab5l/csyyqoofz2n1v031ubc0.gif

Now THAT is the appropriate gif to respond with! You couldn't have picked anything better. :goodpost:

Shaughn54
09-13-2017, 10:28 AM
My path:
Harley Quinn only
Harley Quinn and Batman only
Harley Quinn, Batman, and Joker only
...okay that and the Justice League
...okay DC only
oo XM Phoenix, okay only a few Marvel too
oooo Star Wars but i'll only buy them in 1/6
Wow Illidan and Grommash statues are amazing, I'll get those too
Prime 1 introduces 1/3

ugh, ---- it

Oh and throw Red Sonja in there somewhere with 1 court of the dead

Haha that is how I started too!
Spiderman only...
Spiderman and Gambit/rogue...
Spiderman and Xmen team (1/6 and 1/4)...
... need villains now too
Why not add in a hulk in there?

.... and now
"Oh and throw Red Sonja in there somewhere with 1 court of the dead" I did this EXACT same thing.

wizardjones
09-13-2017, 11:45 AM
After talking to some of the Goats on this forum (SonicCorba, Mr Jones, etc) I was able to kind of thin out my collection to the point that not only does it represent what I REALLY love in the geek culture, but what art I really want displayed in my collection room.

I am sticking with Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles and Batman. Some random characters like Wolverine, Dr. Doom, Brock Samson and The Punisher, are just essential for me as well.
Also, I am sort of into 1/6 so if I see a favorite anime character or well done Batman or Tmnt figure, I typically pick it up.

I hope this helps you in your overall theme building process. Learn how to just say no to some pieces that might look cool to you for a couple of weeks.

Mister H
09-13-2017, 12:29 PM
My problem is that there seems to be long dry periods of no statues I want, then all of a sudden I'm hit with a monsoon of cool stuff.

Snnnikt
09-13-2017, 01:06 PM
I'm pretty set on DC stuff and just Wolverine. What I'm really unsure of is size. I'm leaning towards all 1/6 1/5 scale. I've had the 1/4 Batman and Superman but recently sold them. All I have left is the Hulk vs Wolverine.

Problem is the Bowen stuff is almost as expensive as PF's. Really like what Tweeterhead is doing so far.

Basically I'm stuck on going 1/6 or 1/4 scale.

OrangeCrush
09-13-2017, 01:33 PM
My theme is to buy statues from IP's I enjoy. Thats about as simple as I can put it. Those IP's include various Marvel and DC statues, Dynamite statues, gaming statues from games like Mass Effect, The Witcher, Tomb Raider, etc, Sideshow's Court of the Dead line, Royo's fantasy line, etc. The most consistent aspect of my statue collecting is buying 1:4 scale. I will still buy the occassional Bishoujo, 1:3 Prime 1, Royo statue etc, but 95%+ of my statue collection is 1:4 scale. And absolutely no Star Wars!! Thats one black hole I will not get sucked into this time around.

MrJones
09-13-2017, 07:17 PM
After talking to some of the Goats on this forum (SonicCorba, Mr Jones, etc) I was able to kind of thin out my collection to the point that not only does it represent what I REALLY love in the geek culture, but what art I really want displayed in my collection room.

I am sticking with Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles and Batman. Some random characters like Wolverine, Dr. Doom, Brock Samson and The Punisher, are just essential for me as well.
Also, I am sort of into 1/6 so if I see a favorite anime character or well done Batman or Tmnt figure, I typically pick it up.

I hope this helps you in your overall theme building process. Learn how to just say no to some pieces that might look cool to you for a couple of weeks.

Aw you're too kind. I'm honoured! :smokin:

Legion564
09-13-2017, 07:25 PM
Jones I'd love to see some pictures. I'm redoing my whole setup right now for cosmic marvel too.

Gecktechs
09-14-2017, 07:11 PM
Hmmm.. I think I can break down my collection into different components. The principal theme is just having an amalgamation of characters I grew up loving as a kid. Characters that bring me back to my childhood days of action figures, trading cards, and early morning cartoons :D The lines I collect are X-Men, Spider-Man, The Avengers, Masters of the Universe, and Batman - And only characters I like! I'm not a completest.. Scale is primarily 1/4, with the exception of 2 life-size busts. (IMO, being consistent with scales makes everything look uniform and neat. Less cluttered in a way) Most of my statues are also really similar in style. They're all in static/museum poses with really simple bases. Less is more for me - I like to keep the focus on the character, not the base :D And last buy certainly not least, I like "rare" pieces - ES is a huge part of my collecting.. I don't wan't statues that everyone in the community owns, so I try to stick with pieces with 1000 or less ES's/Customs :D (there's obviously exceptions) but most of my pieces have an ES of 500 or less.

Vpuik
09-14-2017, 11:52 PM
Marvel comics, star wars and warcraft

AC_808
09-15-2017, 08:12 AM
My main theme is comic-based Marvel and DC statues. I will also allow for comic-based Image, TopCow, Dynamite, etc characters.

I like mostly the classic looks of the characters, but I will allow a modernized classic look if its exceptionally done. And I have to admit, I have picked up a few movie-based statues that caught my eye ...but its rare that I do that.

MrJones
09-15-2017, 08:04 PM
Jones I'd love to see some pictures. I'm redoing my whole setup right now for cosmic marvel too.

I have a collection thread on this forum though I haven't posted much there. If you have instagram that is where I have posted various statue pics of my collection - @madtitanjones

banner23
01-13-2018, 07:20 PM
I was looking through some old posts and came across this thread. I am starting out collecting statues and the advice here was very good. It very easy to get carried away with buying everything you like. I like how some divided the room into subjects, I will do that too.
Myself, I will focus mostly on the Batman universe. I have a spiderman statue and will add Venom to it, and that will be the end of the spiderman collection. I might get Superman, Wonder Woman and maybe a Flash if one ever gets made, that will end my Justice league member. I have room for one 1/3 scale statue, that would be a Batman when one that I like comes out.

Bernie21
01-13-2018, 09:01 PM
Yea, I'll section of as well. But after learning on a thread like this, my collection is Dioramas, DC, Marvel, not movie based. I also have the Koto 1/7 Maul, Vader & Ren. There's not a lot space, money to get everything. I'm lucky that in spite of my fussing for more dioramas, that they don't actually make that many compared to everything else. Occasionally something not in my collection theme that's too good pops up, like this Thanos that was too rich for my blood, our upcoming Miles Morales, but overall it's a wee bit easier to keep me grounded. Keeping it simple, I hope...

Pendragon3000
01-13-2018, 09:25 PM
I love Spider-man and Batman (the latest is my favourite). I started my collection with Venom, Carnage, Spider-man and Rhino comÃ-quetes (I’m more interested in fully sculpted statues) and being a new collector at that time I thought I will see Vulture, Mysterious, Kraven, Doc Oc, Electro and Green Goblin ... never happened, I sold my Rhino Ex because it look out of place.

When SS got the DC licence I was very happy, I bought all the JL so far and I have to sell the first GL because again it look out of place sigue rest ... even Batman and Superman look weird with the fabric costumes, and now I’m waiting for the Flash and Martian Manhunter.

I always want to have the Batman’s rogue gallery so I bought SS Joker, Catwoman and Ivy ... after a while I realized that SS will take forever to make other characters if ever. So I turned to P1 and saw that after 2 years, I believe, they made quite a bit of villains from the Arkham series which I really like so I jumped into the 1:3 scale wagon.

My focus now is P1 Arkham series and I’m keeping and eye on SS for the Flash and MM, and Tweterhead for New Gods statues.

I’m narrowing my collection, I sold Arthas and probably I will sell some other stand alone pieces in the future.

Mister H
01-13-2018, 09:38 PM
I was looking through some old posts and came across this thread. I am starting out collecting statues and the advice here was very good. It very easy to get carried away with buying everything you like. I like how some divided the room into subjects, I will do that too.
Myself, I will focus mostly on the Batman universe. I have a spiderman statue and will add Venom to it, and that will be the end of the spiderman collection. I might get Superman, Wonder Woman and maybe a Flash if one ever gets made, that will end my Justice league member. I have room for one 1/3 scale statue, that would be a Batman when one that I like comes out.

Which 1/3 Bats are you leaning towards? Your situation sounds a lot like mine.

Jiggatron69
01-14-2018, 01:31 AM
Most of my stuff is NSFW so i dont post pictures.

Nugchompa
01-14-2018, 01:42 AM
My theme is statues.

mmk123
01-14-2018, 01:57 AM
I do have a few different themes going with my collection.

First off, the majority of all of my statues are Bowen's. My main focus are the Avengers. However, Avengers collections pretty much just focuses on characters who were members before Avengers #200 (with the exception of Tigra and maybe She Hulk if I decide not to sell her). So any of the statues that I do own all have more of a classic look to them. These are the looks of the characters that resonate most with me and also are the looks they had for some of my all time favorite stories.

My 2nd focus is the X-Men. However the X-Men line up that I have are the Thomas/Adams run. This is my favorite X-Men line up of all time (though I do have the Avengers Beast displayed in that line up instead of the red and blue costume Beast. I did own the red and blue costume Beast statue at one time but did sell it.)

My 3rd focus is my Birds of Prey display. Black Canary is my all time favorite super heroine with Batgirl being #2 and I have a nice display of both of the characters together. These are mainly the DC Direct statues or the animated maquettes.

The other two statues that I have are Batwoman and Bat-Girl. Now that Tweeterhead is in the game that is where my statue buying focus will be concentrated on.

nbr3bagshotrow
01-14-2018, 02:34 AM
My theme is stuff I like.

mmk123
01-14-2018, 03:07 AM

well, that I can agree on as well:)

CyborgHunter
01-14-2018, 07:20 AM

Same here. I could never limit myself to just a theme, there are too many great statues to do that.

Tacheyon
01-14-2018, 07:34 AM
Well I started with DC and Mass Effect Kotobukiya Bishoujos and started in on their Horror and Yu-gi-oh line. Then I graduated to DC Bombshells, then the Gaming Heads Mass Effect Line and finally to SS He-Man/She-Ra Line. Oh with a few LotR Weta Environments.
So yeah..no actual theme, but I do try and complete lines that i collect.

darren1228
01-14-2018, 07:52 AM
Mainly Spider-Man, X-Men, and Batman.
I'll branch out and grab some other Marvel character if the statue is amazing.

Grifterr
01-14-2018, 08:36 AM
X-men 1/4 scale. Then some framed marvel/movie art prints to keep me from filling the whole room with statues (looks good to me and it will save me money).
Because I am a fighting game player, will be an adding one 1/4 SF and one SNK character to display with my arcade sticks.

banner23
01-14-2018, 08:53 AM
Which 1/3 Bats are you leaning towards? Your situation sounds a lot like mine.

I like the hush Batman, but would want it in black. I am hoping they will do an Arkham City Batman, if they do that one, that will probably be the one I get. The Hush Batman isn't do to come out until the middle of 2019, so if they are doing the Arkham City line, I should here something about it before then.

jerry0wilson
01-14-2018, 09:11 AM
No theme. I mostly have marvel but first statue I ever got was an Alien. I have never been a collector who likes to have a ton of one thing. I like the movie aliens but I don’t need seven alien statues next to each other.

Augen
01-14-2018, 10:19 AM
DC Heroines, I particularly like Power Girl, Wonder Woman, and Supergirl.

adee
01-14-2018, 01:31 PM
For quarter scale I have top tier heroes paired with their arch enemy. For smaller scales it's much more random.

Mister H
01-14-2018, 02:48 PM
I like the hush Batman, but would want it in black. I am hoping they will do an Arkham City Batman, if they do that one, that will probably be the one I get. The Hush Batman isn't do to come out until the middle of 2019, so if they are doing the Arkham City line, I should here something about it before then.

I have the P1 Batman Beyond. He will likely be my only 1/3 scaler unless the Telltale Bats looks really good. The new 1/4 SS Bats could be added to the list as well.

Gianco
01-14-2018, 02:55 PM
Yes, buy statues like there is no tomorrow.

CyborgHunter
01-14-2018, 02:57 PM
Yes, buy statues like there is no tomorrow.

:laugh:

Ryanbusts
01-14-2018, 04:36 PM
I buy what the community calls grails exclusively. If it's not cool to other people then it's no good to me.
Jk

Random DC and Marvel characters.

I have always wanted an Alien, but haven't found the "one" yet.

ukshaun
01-14-2018, 04:45 PM
My statue theme is straightforward - Every piece has to look good.
So far so good, not had to sell any of them.

French Cancan
01-14-2018, 04:46 PM
You are a statue? Perfect.
You are a lady, better, a badass lady? Perfect.
You have a realistic portrait? Perfect.
You think you are Gal Gadot? Nice try, but no thanks.
You are Batman? Sorry, but there is only one place, and P1 Batman New 52 will have it.

melkor23
01-14-2018, 07:12 PM
I collect the complete Masters of the Universe statue series. Nothing else except maybe Mumm-Ra.

slynger
01-14-2018, 07:18 PM
I started mainly in Star Wars, but my collection evolved and now includes my DC favorite, Superman. My Marvel fave, Captain America.

It also entails a few cornerstones of pop-culture that I grew up with. Not being a big Batman fan, there was no way I was not going to have the P1 DKR masterpiece. I then have the most recent TMNT set from SS.

It's soon to be topped off with XM's Optimus Prime and Megatron.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/24879962_1801429869931459_3223838588989874543_o.jpg?oh=f42ee1e69c62946d2d6629b554a7e316&oe=5AE2C46A

Subby1938
01-14-2018, 07:54 PM
Lots of Spiderman in all scales including all Bowen villains
All Namor pieces I can get my hands on in all scales
Lots of cool dios Marvel
X men in 1/6 only characters I like

https://i.imgur.com/CAl5uaj.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/CqlUswY.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tD7FGtd.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/CZXd6OS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GLLPHmx.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/s8CneOB.jpg

Little taste

sith_apprentice
01-14-2018, 09:23 PM
I just wish G.I. Joe still had a market. The Storm Shadow was my first Sideshow, and I'd kill for a Zartan holding his compound bow, or Firefly setting a pack of charges.

Castor Troy
01-14-2018, 09:29 PM
Super vilain and anti-hero(DC or Marvel).....The last one i got is bane PF Sooo Badass!!!

Planeswalker
01-14-2018, 11:45 PM
My theme is mainly Alien/ Predator pieces.

Snnnikt
01-15-2018, 02:02 PM
Here lately, I've been thinking bout selling off the PF's and going 1/6 and 1/5 scale stuff. Price and space is getting out of hand for me. Especially with Tweeterhead doing what they're doing, I feel it may be a great time to switch. Any body else having thoughts of going to 1/6 scale stuff or even 1/5 scale? Anybody getting out of the 1/4 scale game?

nbr3bagshotrow
01-15-2018, 03:57 PM
Here lately, I've been thinking bout selling off the PF's and going 1/6 and 1/5 scale stuff. Price and space is getting out of hand for me. Especially with Tweeterhead doing what they're doing, I feel it may be a great time to switch. Any body else having thoughts of going to 1/6 scale stuff or even 1/5 scale? Anybody getting out of the 1/4 scale game?

I've never left 1/6 scale.

https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/26685407_10213586365124859_6190636402119505786_o.jpg?oh=949d78face0e14dfd37e3441b89c0ac1&oe=5AE885CA

Medusoid
01-15-2018, 04:03 PM

I'm in the same boat; these prices are out of control.

I'm mostly done with larger scale statues and I'm focusing on 1/6 figures and statues now. No regrets. :D

PermaGrin
01-15-2018, 04:10 PM
Sh!t I like. :p

https://permagrinnn.imgur.com/all/
(temp shelving)

Fremen
01-15-2018, 05:18 PM
My theme started as LOTR. It's gone a little bit everywhere since then.
Currently tracking down and getting LOTR 1/6 figures.

Snnnikt
01-15-2018, 05:32 PM

https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/26685407_10213586365124859_6190636402119505786_o.jpg?oh=949d78face0e14dfd37e3441b89c0ac1&oe=5AE885CA

Absolutely sick bro!

Snnnikt
01-15-2018, 05:36 PM
I'm in the same boat; these prices are out of control.

I'm mostly done with larger scale statues and I'm focusing on 1/6 figures and statues now. No regrets. :D

I'm about there man, seems like full lines come out more often in 1/6 - 1/5 scale than 1/4. Plus a lot cheaper too!

Don't know if I wanna sell my 1/4's to make room for 1/6 or keep them.

dechirico7
01-15-2018, 07:42 PM
Female pieces mostly, but some male statues I like make their way in.

Nyxs
01-16-2018, 12:18 AM
Females as well. Mostly from Dynamite and DC and some gaming ones.

built2shred
01-16-2018, 01:56 AM
For the office I have Ikea billy bookcases which I display Iron Studios 1/10th scale statues...at home it's mix of statues from Marvel, DC, Star Wars and some misc ones like Tomb Raider, Tarzan, Rocky & Marilyn Monroe.

nameivom
01-16-2018, 03:51 AM
Iron Studios 1/10, Prime 1 1/3 and art prints is where my collection is heading.

nbr3bagshotrow
01-16-2018, 05:40 AM
My theme started as LOTR. It's gone a little bit everywhere since then.
Currently tracking down and getting LOTR 1/6 figures.

Isn’t that an understatement?

ratchet
01-16-2018, 06:02 AM
My theme is pure awesomeness

Jibber82
01-16-2018, 09:44 AM
Marvel cosmic is my main theme but the Avengers and X-Men and their villains are represented as well. I also collect the 1/5 MOTU and will get the Thundercats.

Valderen
01-16-2018, 10:25 AM
It's just The Court of the Dead now.

I only had about 6 pieces before I started on the Court of the Dead, and fell in love with the line. I was able to sell all of them to concentrate just on the CotD.

The CotD statue for some reason I can't explain just connected with me, which is strange because I am not usually into horror, or death related stuff. It also helps that the CoTD statues are probably some of the most creative and best statue Sideshow is producing right now. They are really putting their heart and soul into this line.

I hope they expand the line with some celestial statue from Heaven and Hell.

I have She-Ra still on order to go with He-Man, Skeletor and Evil-Lynn, I'll be done with MoTU after that. I had to get those because it was such an integral part of my childhood. Also have a spot where 4 statues will fit away from the rest, so the MoTU and CoTD are not displayed together.

Planeswalker
01-16-2018, 10:28 AM

Love your display cabinets! In the coming years I will be building my basement SciFi display room and I’m conflicted on display options because I have quite a few very large and very heavy pieces.

French Cancan
01-16-2018, 01:51 PM

Very nice. There is obviously a life without Besta.
Did your table lamp work in a cabaret? Crazy Horse, Moulin Rouge? :D

grphyx1
01-16-2018, 02:14 PM

I so have to meet you!:)

JadeGiant
01-16-2018, 02:21 PM
My theme is pure awesomeness

I have the same theme!:goodpost:

ZenLogikos
01-16-2018, 02:24 PM

That's from the movie "A Christmas Story". ;)

adee
01-16-2018, 02:42 PM
It's a major award!

Josh-a-tron
01-16-2018, 03:17 PM
Love your display cabinets! In the coming years I will be building my basement SciFi display room and I’m conflicted on display options because I have quite a few very large and very heavy pieces.

2x4s and Plywood with a good paint or staining job should suit you fine if you want to build your own. I've seen several people do it and it looks great.

The only thing I'd add to that is Glass, but that can get expensive.

French Cancan
01-17-2018, 06:52 AM
I so have to meet you!:)

It would be a pleasure.
Maybe, one day, our mutual interest for table lamps and cabarets will allow it. :)

That's from the movie "A Christmas Story". ;)

Thank you! How the hell I missed this movie?

nbr3bagshotrow
01-17-2018, 11:44 AM
It would be a pleasure.
Maybe, one day, our mutual interest for table lamps and cabarets will allow it. :)

You need to see ‘a Christmas Story’. Great family flick and funny. Don’t wait until next Christmas to see it.

ZenLogikos
01-17-2018, 01:54 PM

Most people missed it! It went under the radar for a long time after it's release. In recent years in the U.S. it's taken it's rightful place as a great (holiday) movie, running on TV for 24 hours from Christmas Eve through Christmas day.

Fremen
01-17-2018, 01:56 PM
Isn’t that an understatement?

SHUT UP KEITH!

grphyx1
01-17-2018, 03:35 PM
It would be a pleasure.
HA HA

SHUT UP KEITH!
HA HA. Fremen, your collection is enviable to say the least.

French Cancan
01-17-2018, 08:06 PM
Most people missed it! It went under the radar for a long time after it's release. In recent years in the U.S. it's taken it's rightful place as a great (holiday) movie, running on TV for 24 hours from Christmas Eve through Christmas day.

You need to see ‘a Christmas Story’. Great family flick and funny. Don’t wait until next Christmas to see it.

Ha ha OK, you got me. The weather report announces some snow for the next week. It will be perfect.
Snow, popcorn and a Christmas story. :)

traind
01-18-2018, 10:41 PM
I'm strongly considering doing a reset. I've been collecting a long time and have a wide range of stuff, and I'm realizing that maybe 70%-80% of what I own I don't care all that much about.

In the next year or two I'm cleaning house to adopt a focus, and that focus will consist of being ridiculously discriminating about what I buy, and only buying stuff I want to be buried with.

To any new collector, save yourself the time and money and adopt that attitude from the beginning.

I agree with this. My theme is quality.

Obviously most people will only buy characters they like ... unless you really get carried away. But the truly high quality pieces with characters you love are not that common, except with a few characters that are always being re-done. I have learned to ask myself, do I really love the statue and the character?

Often I like a few things but the whole statue just doesn't make the cut due to one reason or the other. If there is a small design choice that bugs me then "no purchase". I guess you could say I look for reasons not to buy a new statue!

I have also found I dislike crowded displays. So with limits on room and then not wanting to pile lots of statues on a shelf, that naturally puts a restraint on numbers too.

I originally tried to match scale between statues but now that they are more spread out, that isn't as much of an issue. And quality now outweighs scale issues for me by a longshot.

I have owned about 20 statues over the years but I now own only 8 and two of those are boxed and might be sold this year. But I also have one on order too, lol.

Mal Strife
01-19-2018, 01:14 AM
If you ask my wife, the theme of my collection is T&A.... but I will say that I've always been a fan of strong female characters and my collection matches that (and she continues to let me collect).

If the right piece comes along and I like it, I buy it. I tend to focus on the characters from the comics that I continue to read and enjoy, with a few movie and video games pieces spread in the collection as well.

Honestly, keeping up with the comics is the only reason I stay in this hobby and could be the real overarching "theme". If I ever quit reading, the statues are sold. In my opinion, no reason to have them if you can't discuss the character without some background knowledge... but I think I may be in the minority on that point. This point of view also comes from showing my collection to friends at summer BBQs or other get-togethers with people who are not of the nerdy persuasion in the slightest, or may have only seen DC/Marvel movies. Explaining things gets everyone slightly more interested.

Warrzone
01-20-2018, 03:54 PM
My theme is star wars republic/sith/bounty hunters and the spiderman universe.

nbr3bagshotrow
01-20-2018, 04:16 PM
HA HA. Fremen, your collection is enviable to say the least.
Yes she has quite the collection!

Bubblegun
01-27-2018, 01:32 AM
I too am a mostly female collector. Most of my collection is Bishoujo. My Slideshow collection is very small at this time. Powergirl, Captain Marvel and I just preordered the new Wonder Woman. But that theme will change a bit with the new Superman and Batman. I've never been a big Starwars collector even thou my uncle worked on the original Starwars with Rick Baker doing the bar scene characters. People think I'm lost just liking Super Heroes but its just what I relate too.

Danchez
01-27-2018, 03:17 AM
My collection is mostly female, as I haven't been able to bring myself to sell off the male characters. Two of the guys are custom (Supes and GL) and Batman has a custom unmasked Bruce Wayne portrait that was painted with my specific requests in mind (scruffy five o'clock shadow):

https://s6.postimg.org/sp3oibde9/IMG_3624.jpg
https://s6.postimg.org/4mrg0q401/IMG_3682.jpg
https://s6.postimg.org/j4k1vjiy9/IMG_4104.jpg

I feel like I might eventually sell them, but for now, my collections theme is "Strong Females (and 3 Males)."

Eky
01-27-2018, 07:49 AM
awesome set up :)

congrats.

banner23
01-27-2018, 08:53 AM
My collection is mostly female, as I haven't been able to bring myself to sell off the male characters. Two of the guys are custom (Supes and GL) and Batman has a custom unmasked Bruce Wayne portrait that was painted with my specific requests in mind (scruffy five o'clock shadow):

I feel like I might eventually sell them, but for now, my collections theme is "Strong Females (and 3 Males)."

That's a nice set up. The 1/3 Harley looks good there, I was wondering that if you put a 1/3 scale statue among 1/4, it would dominate the room and make the others look bad, but this doesn't.

banner23
01-27-2018, 08:55 AM

That's a nice set up. The 1/3 Harley looks good there, I was wondering that if you put a 1/3 scale statue among 1/4, it would dominate the room and make the others look bad, but this doesn't.

vitreolum
01-27-2018, 11:10 AM
I have one 1:3 and it does stand out quite a bit, hopefully when I add another one on the other side it will even things out. I think in this case the batman on the left helps with this.

Mister H
01-27-2018, 12:40 PM
Sideshow has some nice dinosaur busts available. They’re a decent price too, would love to have the brown T-Rex and the Carnotaurus. Wouldn’t really jive with my half comics-half nature themed office though.

Augen
01-27-2018, 01:13 PM
If you ask my wife, the theme of my collection is T&A.... but I will say that I've always been a fan of strong female characters and my collection matches that (and she continues to let me collect).

Same. My wife gets it because it is why I married her too. I technically have a Superman only because he was part of a Power Girl statue.

banner23
01-27-2018, 01:45 PM
I have one 1:3 and it does stand out quite a bit, hopefully when I add another one on the other side it will even things out. I think in this case the batman on the left helps with this.

How many 1/4 statues do you have ? Is the 1/3 right next to the others ?

vitreolum
01-27-2018, 03:23 PM
How many 1/4 statues do you have ? Is the 1/3 right next to the others ?

This is my display, got some random garbage in there until I finish the office and have someplace to store them.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4765/39812304421_d1116914e0_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/23E5t4K)DSCN6339 (https://flic.kr/p/23E5t4K) by Midas Touch (https://www.flickr.com/photos/silly/), on Flickr

Korath24
02-04-2018, 07:02 AM
I collect only Marvel, I don't have the space or money to delve into DC and Star wars. Of those Marvel pieces, the majority are Spider-Man related. I will admit sometimes it looks a little weird seeing how many spidey pieces I have compared to my other pieces, but it's not too bad.