PDA

View Full Version : Any more Warcraft stuff coming from Blizz?

testsubject25
09-26-2017, 09:40 PM
Grommash was absolutely perfect. Need some more... a lot more! :laugh:

s_paulik87
09-26-2017, 10:26 PM
Blizzcon coming up I assume another statue will be shown

testsubject25
09-26-2017, 10:42 PM
Seems those Overwatch pieces are coming out like crazy compared to Warcraft. I suppose Overwatch is crazy hot right now though so makes sense.

s_paulik87
09-26-2017, 11:27 PM
I'd rather it take a little longer for a larger WoW statue to be perfected by Brian and Ehren instead of just pounding out as many as possible quickly :D

testsubject25
09-27-2017, 01:27 PM
That too! I’d love a remake of Arthas personally. I have the SS one, but since thrones seem to be all the rage lately... :laugh:

Luminous
09-27-2017, 04:22 PM
That too! I’d love a remake of Arthas personally. I have the SS one, but since thrones seem to be all the rage lately... :laugh:

Yes please!

Makutsu
09-27-2017, 04:58 PM
I would love for them to make some Diablo and Starcraft statues too, I mean I get that those 2 games are kinda dying but I want at least 1 statue to represent each franchise.

martineaumichae
09-27-2017, 06:22 PM
I would like to see a Protoss statue.

Gyro Zeppeli
09-28-2017, 04:54 AM
Lack of Sylvanas feels so weird. I know it's going to happen eventually though. I do wish Blizzard with pick up the pace with their 1/5 line.

Xenoburger
09-28-2017, 08:40 AM
Sylvanas seems like the next logical statue. She just became Warchief of the Horde and is likely within the top 5 most popular characters in the entire franchise.

Makutsu
09-28-2017, 01:14 PM
Sylvanas seems like the next logical statue. She just became Warchief of the Horde and is likely within the top 5 most popular characters in the entire franchise.

Seems most likely to be Varian with his large sized statue being made already.

That said statues seem to follow the previous year's keyart character, so it could be Sylv too which is the one I want more :D

Luminous
09-28-2017, 02:02 PM
Really any of the ones mentioned would be a win for me. Make it happen, Blizz!

cyrax83
10-09-2017, 08:36 PM
Would Blizzard actually do an Arthas statue? Alot of people missed out on him on sideshow and would want one.

Xenoburger
10-09-2017, 08:56 PM
Seems most likely to be Varian with his large sized statue being made already.

That said statues seem to follow the previous year's keyart character, so it could be Sylv too which is the one I want more :DYeah I forgot about Varian. He's gotten a lot of attention recently as well.

Makutsu
10-10-2017, 08:49 AM
Would Blizzard actually do an Arthas statue? Alot of people missed out on him on sideshow and would want one.

I would like an Arthas too, but probably unlikely, honestly I don't like the pose the current SS has, I think the sword extended pose is still the most iconic

PermaGrin
10-10-2017, 12:15 PM
http://p1.pichost.me/i/25/1480454.jpg

Makutsu
10-10-2017, 08:11 PM
I still feel like this pose is the most iconic Arthas pose though, it's even been repeatedly used by Blizzard for the Bronze statue, opening multiple cinematics etc.

But one can hope :(

https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/003/286/397/large/shannon-thomas-arthas.jpg?1472018417

Luminous
10-10-2017, 09:45 PM
My concern would be how much real estate such a pose would take up by having his sword extended out like that. No way it would fit in a traditional glass cabinet at the current scale.

cyrax83
10-10-2017, 10:03 PM
Blizz Plz - Arthas :praying:

Makutsu
10-12-2017, 02:05 PM
My concern would be how much real estate such a pose would take up by having his sword extended out like that. No way it would fit in a traditional glass cabinet at the current scale.

I mean look at Deathwing, i'm not even sure if Illidan fits in a glass cabinet lol

Luminous
10-12-2017, 02:36 PM
I mean look at Deathwing, i'm not even sure if Illidan fits in a glass cabinet lol

Both fit in a Besta just fine. At 1/5 scale no way would Arthas fit with his sword arm outstretched like that.

PermaGrin
10-12-2017, 03:00 PM
Warcraft statues are on hold until more Starcraft pieces come out.

:p

Xenoburger
10-12-2017, 05:43 PM
Sylvanas statue to be unveiled at Blizzcon:

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2017/october/blizzcon2017Map.jpg

Luminous
10-12-2017, 06:12 PM
One of those giant convention displays or an actual product?

EDIT: Nevermind. I see why you posted the layout.

cyrax83
10-12-2017, 06:38 PM
Blizz plz!

https://i.imgur.com/dJZAYx7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Q5tuAfz.png

Makutsu
10-13-2017, 12:31 AM
Both fit in a Besta just fine. At 1/5 scale no way would Arthas fit with his sword arm outstretched like that.

Deathwing fits in a Besta? :O Isn't the besta 24"? Illidan from base to top is 24" too so a just fit?

Makutsu
10-13-2017, 12:35 AM

YESSSS, if we do get Sylv then I guess it really does follow the Blizzcon Keyart every year :cool: That means we get Jaina next year :jawd:

But I read somewhere on one of the FB group that Brian Fay said the next statue wasn't Sylv :/ That said it could be referring to the OW statues. Oh man I'm so excited if it is Sylvannas :jawd::jawd:

cyrax83
10-13-2017, 12:43 AM
Could be a large full size statue instead of a collectible like Junkrat?

I mean - they also have a Kerrigan stand there also?

Makutsu
10-13-2017, 12:51 AM
Could be a large full size statue instead of a collectible like Junkrat?

I mean - they also have a Kerrigan stand there also?

I mean all the other statues have become collectibles too, Illidan, Grommash, Kerrigan and I'm pretty sure that JR will become a collectible in the nearby future too for sure since I doubt they will exclude certain characters into statues from the OW line. This is giving me high hopes for her though :D

cyrax83
10-13-2017, 01:00 AM
I mean all the other statues have become collectibles too, Illidan, Grommash, Kerrigan and I'm pretty sure that JR will become a collectible in the nearby future too for sure since I doubt they will exclude certain characters into statues from the OW line. This is giving me high hopes for her though :D

Hmm maybe

Junkrat and Winston haven't come to Overwatch statue yet but probably will since they have full statue poses done perhaps in the next year. Although pretty much confirmed the next statue will be Genji.

Ulfnar
10-13-2017, 09:45 AM
If Sylvanas is the next statue and it's anywhere even remotely as good as Grom and Illidan, then i will be instantly buying and be very happy about it, she's one of if not my favourite character from warcraft 3 - WoW.

goto
10-13-2017, 12:52 PM
Deathwing fits in a Besta? :O Isn't the besta 24"? Illidan from base to top is 24" too so a just fit?

No chance...

Luminous
10-13-2017, 06:59 PM

No chance...

Illidan definitely fits:

https://i.imgur.com/uszaCGz.jpg

As for Deathwing, I'm not so sure anymore. I could have sworn I saw someone's display with him inside a Besta, but after looking at him again I'd be surprised.

SDguy
10-13-2017, 07:24 PM
If Sylvanas is the next statue and it's anywhere even remotely as good as Grom and Illidan, then i will be instantly buying and be very happy about it, she's one of if not my favourite character from warcraft 3 - WoW.

I would love Blizzard to do Sylvanas, even with the 1/4 custom I got, since I need a 1/5 scale to display with the rest of the Blizzard pieces.

Makutsu
10-13-2017, 07:36 PM
Illidan definitely fits:

As for Deathwing, I'm not so sure anymore. I could have sworn I saw someone's display with him inside a Besta, but after looking at him again I'd be surprised.

Oh darn I wish they still made those frames for Besta, the new ones just don't look as good :(

cyrax83
10-14-2017, 12:19 AM
Can someone link me to these Besta display cases everyone talks about?

martineaumichae
10-14-2017, 02:51 PM
Oh darn I wish they still made those frames for Besta, the new ones just don't look as good :(

I believe you can get those doors are still for sale from IKEA but not in the US anymore. I re reached out to them a year ago and they said no currents plans to carry them in US

martineaumichae
10-14-2017, 02:53 PM
Illidan definitely fits:

I have Deathwing and he does not fit in a Besta Display. I have him out on a stand alone light up display because of his size. Illidan Grom and Arthas are all in my Besta Display.

martineaumichae
10-14-2017, 02:56 PM
Can someone link me to these Besta display cases everyone talks about?

Everything you bound possibly want to know about display cases and shelves is in this thread take a look http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=123538

Makutsu
10-15-2017, 12:59 PM
I believe you can get those doors are still for sale from IKEA but not in the US anymore. I re reached out to them a year ago and they said no currents plans to carry them in US

Yeah they're under the name Fisventik or something similar now, only available in Germany as far as I've seen no reason why they don't bring it back to NA :waah:

riky
10-31-2017, 01:13 PM
Last year the virtual ticket allowed you to purchase the Illidan statue about two weeks before the general public, but if memory serves that was advertised in advance and was one of the selling points of the ticket.
Nothing on the current virtual ticket teasing of physical items like a statue.
Kind of a bummer.

Makutsu
10-31-2017, 06:06 PM
They do have a Sylvannas statue revealing at Blizzcon, so I'd assume they would like to wait for that maybe since the big statues and 1/4 have the same pose etc.

Fingers crossed

luckynumbersven
10-31-2017, 07:28 PM
They do have a Sylvannas statue revealing at Blizzcon, so I'd assume they would like to wait for that maybe since the big statues and 1/4 have the same pose etc.

Fingers crossed

Ooo how do we know that they will be revealing a Sylvanas?

cyrax83
10-31-2017, 08:09 PM
Ooo how do we know that they will be revealing a Sylvanas?

It's on the floor plan map

In saying that, they made huge Junkrat and Winston statues for Overwatch and they haven't been made into Collectible statues yet, so it could be something just to promote the next WoW expansion

Makutsu
11-01-2017, 01:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai0SANYMLMc

Blizzard just used Sylvanas as the opening cut for Final Bracket in HoTS, Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

Drakul
11-01-2017, 02:09 PM
I would love for them to make some Diablo and Starcraft statues too, I mean I get that those 2 games are kinda dying but I want at least 1 statue to represent each franchise.

I would love a Diablo 1-2 statue, I have the SS one by default but the D3 version is not my favorite.

Awesome! definitely getting her.

Gyro Zeppeli
11-01-2017, 06:36 PM
Those are their giant statues though. I don't think they have anything to do with their normal sized ones.

Makutsu
11-01-2017, 08:06 PM
Those are their giant statues though. I don't think they have anything to do with their normal sized ones.

Outside of the Varian giant statue all the other giant statues have been made into a collectible one way or another.

DeadGhostKnight
11-02-2017, 04:50 AM
Last year the virtual ticket allowed you to purchase the Illidan statue about two weeks before the general public, but if memory serves that was advertised in advance and was one of the selling points of the ticket.
Nothing on the current virtual ticket teasing of physical items like a statue.
Kind of a bummer.

Also people were scrabbling to get that virtuasl ticket just to get Illidan and ended up paying way over the odds for him because they expected him to sell out and people were flipping him for profit....

About 3 -4 weeks after they offered him with like 20% off which is when i picked mine up....

And he's still in stock now lol.

So yeah i wouldn't advise anyone to buy the virtual ticket just to get the new statue if they do that system again.....unless the ES is like 350 but Blizzard are never going to do that.

Drakul
11-02-2017, 12:00 PM
Also people were scrabbling to get that virtuasl ticket just to get Illidan and ended up paying way over the odds for him because they expected him to sell out and people were flipping him for profit....

About 3 -4 weeks after they offered him with like 20% off which is when i picked mine up....

And he's still in stock now lol.

So yeah i wouldn't advise anyone to buy the virtual ticket just to get the new statue if they do that system again.....unless the ES is like 350 but Blizzard are never going to do that.

Yeah I had freaked out a bit because when I noticed the statue it was sold out (even though I had the virtual ticket) but thankfully they brought it back a few weeks later and I was able to snag it.

One thing I love about Blizzard is that they put out their statue when it's ready so it ships just a few days after you order it.

cyrax83
11-02-2017, 08:16 PM
Sylvanas has been released

https://gear.blizzard.com/us/wow-sylvanas-statue-collectible

akitadad
11-03-2017, 05:51 PM
Just got a good look at Sylvanas , fairly disappointing. The head sculpt is very unflattering, and all-in- all ,not a very good pose. Its a shame, I was really looking forward to this one

Xenoburger
11-04-2017, 01:48 PM
I'm really wanting statues of both Anduin and Saurfang now after seeing their new, updated armor:

http://img.wennermedia.com/620-width/wolfie-8a20b4ed-635b-47eb-a721-b1a8edd457e9.jpg

https://imgmr.com/fr/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/imgmr-franco-blizzcon-2017-wow-battle-for-azeroth-trailer-cinematique-890x606.png

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2017/november/WoWWhatsNext003.jpg

Drakul
11-05-2017, 10:56 AM
I need a Greymane statue.

HowToLitho101
11-07-2017, 10:24 AM
I'm really happy Blizzard is making statues. I'm a lifelong Warcraft fan and super excited. I'm just curious, is one statue a year a good rate? That seems to be what Blizz is doing for Warcraft, how does this compare to other companies? Do they release statues for franchises faster?

I wish I could see more statues, faster, but don't want to lose the quality that Blizz has with these statues. I'm kinda jealous of Overwatch and how they are pumping them out fast. I know the detail is not as much as Warcraft statues and they're not as big, so I'm still happy waiting a year.

PermaGrin
11-07-2017, 11:09 AM
Well in Blizzard's case...compared to other statue companies...remember Blizzard is not a statue company, so their main revenue comes from other places.

Like their gaming section that can rake in billions a year.

So while "statue companies" need to release more to stay afloat, blizz does not. Also take into account, blizz does not make you preorder and wait months - years for the product. They pretty much put it up for order and it gets shipped.

I would also like to think that they are still "new" to the statue/collectibles game. So over time, with more and more successful pieces released, I am sure they may start going faster.

martineaumichae
11-07-2017, 05:16 PM
I'm really happy Blizzard is making statues. I'm a lifelong Warcraft fan and super excited. I'm just curious, is one statue a year a good rate? That seems to be what Blizz is doing for Warcraft, how does this compare to other companies? Do they release statues for franchises faster?

I wish I could see more statues, faster, but don't want to lose the quality that Blizz has with these statues. I'm kinda jealous of Overwatch and how they are pumping them out fast. I know the detail is not as much as Warcraft statues and they're not as big, so I'm still happy waiting a year.

In comparison for world of Warcraft line through Sideshow collectibles, they just made Blood elf Rogue Vs Drenei Paladin (2008) , Arthas(2013), and Deathwing (2016). Now granted in that time of 8 years they also made 2 premium format SC Figures, Barbarian and Female Diablo, as well as Polystone Kerrigan Queen of blades.

If your looking just for wow, one a year for Blizzard WOW is pretty good for a collector.

HowToLitho101
11-07-2017, 08:59 PM
In comparison for world of Warcraft line through Sideshow collectibles, they just made Blood elf Rogue Vs Drenei Paladin (2008) , Arthas(2013), and Deathwing (2016). Now granted in that time of 8 years they also made 2 premium format SC Figures, Barbarian and Female Diablo, as well as Polystone Kerrigan Queen of blades.

If your looking just for wow, one a year for Blizzard WOW is pretty good for a collector.

Ya, I am looking for just Warcraft pretty much. I am collecting the overwatch ones also because they are cheap and a whole collection would be bad ass in my opinion (made my brother buy the dva haha). I got the deathwing from Sideshow which I love also. Wish I knew about statues when those others came out through sideshow. Maybe one day I'll be able to afford after market price on ebay. But thanks, can't wait for next year!

testsubject25
11-07-2017, 09:44 PM
I'm still amazed they managed to make Anduin look like a bad ass. :laugh:

Drakul
11-08-2017, 11:51 AM
I've actually liked Anduin since MoP :P

But my 'concern' is that they just seem to release the statue of the character that's themed with the expansion so we seem unlikely to get a War3 Medivh or Thrall (if they release a Thrall shaman I'll riot!)

Also if it's just 1 per expac, and we don't get Greymane now... then when?