PDA

View Full Version : Material: Jungle Hunter Maquette

zombini
10-29-2017, 03:35 AM
Well, this will be my first statue from Sideshow and I am wondering if there will be any PVC/Vinyl material on the statue, and if so which part are they? The description said the armor parts are going to be polyresin and cloth but the rest?

Bobbydigital
10-29-2017, 03:58 AM
Well, this will be my first statue from Sideshow and I am wondering if there will be any PVC/Vinyl material on the statue, and if so which part are they? The description said the armor parts are going to be polyresin and cloth but the rest?
I think this is gonna be a solid piece.
If there is pvc or vinyl on this piece then it say's in the description.
The weight on this one is the same as the Predator 2 maquette and thats a pretty heavy piece.
I also ordered and if this one is gonna be ---- then i'm done with SS.

zombini
10-29-2017, 04:48 AM
yes, i guess you are right. I’ve got this po’ed too, just wondering why they need to emphasize that the armor are polyresin too.

Bobbydigital
10-29-2017, 07:56 AM
yes, i guess you are right. I’ve got this po’ed too, just wondering why they need to emphasize that the armor are polyresin too.
I think they try to say that the overall piece is made out of polyresin and fabric elements.....not sure what they mean with"fabric elements'':thinking:

zombini
10-29-2017, 12:10 PM
The loin cloth should be fabric, well as i can tell with youtube videos. I can't wait for the reveal of this beast��

tonytiger
10-29-2017, 01:26 PM
I think this is gonna be a solid piece.
If there is pvc or vinyl on this piece then it say's in the description.
The weight on this one is the same as the Predator 2 maquette and thats a pretty heavy piece.
I also ordered and if this one is gonna be ---- then i'm done with SS.

LOL! {then it say's in the description.} ah No,Didn't say a darn thing about what the king Alien was made of and it came with almost half of it made of PVC..That is 1,000.00 piece too.Good luck with this..

Bobbydigital
10-29-2017, 01:53 PM
LOL! {then it say's in the description.} ah No,Didn't say a darn thing about what the king Alien was made of and it came with almost half of it made of PVC..That is 1,000.00 piece too.Good luck with this..

I'm looking at the description of the Alien King now and there is no info about any material that is been used....after the mistake with the Wolf Predator i wouldn't even buy that piece without knowing whats been made of.

After the Wolf and Swamp thing every piece is a little risk.....but without risk there is no life hahaha.

I'm just trying to be and stay positive:thumbs2:

Bobbydigital
10-29-2017, 01:54 PM
The loin cloth should be fabric, well as i can tell with youtube videos. I can't wait for the reveal of this beast��
Then this piece must be almost totally made out of polyresin....but we never know for sure:eek:

Python
10-29-2017, 02:15 PM
If it is the same as the P2, it will be polystone and heavy. But then things have changed recently so I wouldn't make assumptions. You could try emailing them, or asking in the "Ask Sideshow" thread. Otherwise there is going to be an awful lot of these threads soon enough.

Bobbydigital
10-29-2017, 02:34 PM
If it is the same as the P2, it will be polystone and heavy. But then things have changed recently so I wouldn't make assumptions. You could try emailing them, or asking in the "Ask Sideshow" thread. Otherwise there is going to be an awful lot of these threads soon enough.

I think someone already ask that question on this forum to the sideshow people...and they where saying that this piece is simular to the Predator 2 maquette.

Bobbydigital
10-29-2017, 02:35 PM

The weight is the same so thats a positive thing i think.

Python
10-29-2017, 02:44 PM
You should be good to go then! For all of it's accuracy flaws, the P2 maquette is okay. It certainly isn't plastic! If you're worried though, wait for in hand pictures. That's pretty much the default position these days I think. If you don't mind slightly larger statues, there will be other options soon also as Prime 1 are making 1/3 Predators in conjunction with Coolprops.

tonytiger
10-29-2017, 04:30 PM
I'm looking at the description of the Alien King now and there is no info about any material that is been used....after the mistake with the Wolf Predator i wouldn't even buy that piece without knowing whats been made of.

After the Wolf and Swamp thing every piece is a little risk.....but without risk there is no life hahaha.

I'm just trying to be and stay positive:thumbs2:

Yea, PO this and when it came the thing was pretty heavy..all is good right? Well looking at it more, i notice the small warriors aliens just didn't look right..Mmm? They look like action figures..E-mail sideshow and their
response was..The main body and the base was polystone.That means to me, the head { which is big } and all the drones were PVC.Sorry not for 1,000.00 it went back..:thumbsdow

Bobbydigital
10-29-2017, 04:36 PM
Yea, PO this and when it came the thing was pretty heavy..all is good right? Well looking at it more, i notice the small warriors aliens just didn't look right..Mmm? They look like action figures..E-mail sideshow and their
response was..The main body and the base was polystone.That means to me, the head { which is big } and all the drones were PVC.Sorry not for 1,000.00 it went back..:thumbsdow

That i understand....i would do the same in that situation.
I think we will just have to wait a couple monds till we know more.
Will see....i have high hopes.