PDA

View Full Version : Shipping costs for Sideshow 2018

Indomitus
12-19-2017, 02:32 AM
I just saw the post in the PCS section regarding shipping cost increases in 2018 for PCS. This leads me to ask the question.....

Is Sideshow also going to be affected by shipping cost increases in 2018? Anyone know the possible rate change increase?

If so, if you are sitting on your hands about ordering that in stock piece from Sideshow, in 2018 you might just be paying a bit more. Just food for thought.

This has been a public service announcement. :drinking:

craigcliff1
12-19-2017, 02:52 AM
Shipping is a joke if ship yourself or from a company. I have watched shipping quadruple from when I started collecting. Great to know we have more increase to deal with. Just got scammed by Fed Ex they broke my Gwen comiquette and refuse to pay. You would think with how much I have shipped they would have paid me. I am no longer a customer.

Indomitus
12-19-2017, 03:19 AM
This might be your Gwen...

"Taking care of business...."

https://www.facebook.com/joe.michelis/posts/10211084536052802

craigcliff1
12-19-2017, 03:49 AM
I can't file an appeal the scum e bay buyer won't respond to my e mails I needed more photo's that Fed Ex wants. He got his money now he no longer cares if I get mine. Scum e bay also with their lousy polices.

Josh-a-tron
12-19-2017, 08:17 AM
I can't file an appeal the scum e bay buyer won't respond to my e mails I needed more photo's that Fed Ex wants. He got his money now he no longer cares if I get mine. Scum e bay also with their lousy polices.

No offense but its not the buyers issue to get your money back and this is probably the worst time of year for communication.

This is why if I sell something I take pictures as I box up the item and maybe even video, because Fed Ex and UPS both require a ton of proof now-a-days.

Raas Kaaz
12-19-2017, 09:16 AM
Im shipping a lot as well and yes, prices are increasing and its crazy what I have to ask for shipping nowadays .. domestic and internationally ..

cstojano
12-19-2017, 12:34 PM
The real question is why parcel select even exists as an option. There must be some sweet of box size, weight, and distance where it makes sense to use this 5x slower shipping method to save a dime but I haven't found it yet. I have found that the Fedex option through eBay is often the best option for me, to the point I want to sell myself something for a penny to get the eBay discount and then ship gifts to relatives. Priority mail is insanely expensive now.

jedi_don
12-19-2017, 12:47 PM
4.9% increase to UPS ground and FedEx Ground/home rates plus other changes that will increase shipping costs. International rates are increasing too..

http://parcelindustry.com/article-5001-UPS-2018-General-Rate-Increase-and-Other-Changes.html

US Post Office rate increases
https://about.usps.com/news/national-releases/2017/pr17_062.htm

FedEx rate increases
http://www.fedex.com/us/shipping-rates/

NorthernLadMSP
12-19-2017, 01:38 PM
Holy sh**

Glad I sold a bunch of pieces before January. I will be re-evaluating including shipping in my future sales.

MrJones
12-19-2017, 03:26 PM
Shipping for sure continues to increase and will be a major factor in collecting. Hell it already has. I had to cancel XM Beta Ray Bill losing my deposit because to ship to Canada was going to be approx. $500 and now my country introduced an additional import fee of 6% and then customs fees on top of that!

Hell, we bought a dog tag for my pup from the states, it costs $20 and between exchange, customs, import fees and taxes we ended up paying $50!!!!

Shipping has become outrageous.

Josh-a-tron
12-19-2017, 03:38 PM
Shipping for sure continues to increase and will be a major factor in collecting. Hell it already has. I had to cancel XM Beta Ray Bill losing my deposit because to ship to Canada was going to be approx. $500 and now my country introduced an additional import fee of 6% and then customs fees on top of that!

Hell, we bought a dog tag for my pup from the states, it costs $20 and between exchange, customs, import fees and taxes we ended up paying $50!!!!

Shipping has become outrageous.

My niece lives in Canada and we don't even ship her Christmas presents at this point, we just wire her money to get what she wants because shipping is ridiculous.

MrJones
12-19-2017, 04:12 PM
My niece lives in Canada and we don't even ship her Christmas presents at this point, we just wire her money to get what she wants because shipping is ridiculous.

It really is unfortunate because so many items are not available in Canada. OR great deals still don't even work out. I know I was looking at In Stock Trades and they had the Dr Strange omnibus for I think $35 USD. In Canada it is $100. But after shipping and exchange, again it almost ended up being the same price. Very frustrating.

craigcliff1
12-19-2017, 11:33 PM
I was able to get my I.A. Hulkbuster from China to SC Colorado to me for $450.00, now that's a deal. I want to sell my other one and cost that much to ship 500 miles.

built2shred
12-20-2017, 01:18 PM
To ship DC's Batman vs Croc statue from California to New York is $80 through UPS which had the cheapest price. It's insane how much shipping has gone up in the last year or so.... Especially when you consider how much gas prices have come down during the same period.

If a person lives more then a few states away from you it costs a small fortune to ship to them. I think what might be happening is so many people buy online now the carriers are extremely busy so they feel the can jack their prices way up.

What I do on Ebay is give free shipping but set the price high enough to cover shipping to the east cost, I add "The best offer" so if someone lives close to me I'll accept a lower price since shipping will be less. Also I noticed EBay's shipping prices are not that accurate. The price is always cheaper if I log into the carriers website and get a shipping quote.

Ryanbusts
12-20-2017, 01:20 PM
Give it about a year and shipping costs will be the last thing we worry about.

cstojano
12-20-2017, 02:20 PM
Ironic that as shipping goes up like this it forces you to make two diametrically opposed choices - buy local or buy using Amazon prime or other "free shipping" services.

Josh-a-tron
12-20-2017, 02:55 PM
To ship DC's Batman vs Croc statue from California to New York is $80 through UPS which had the cheapest price. It's insane how much shipping has gone up in the last year or so.... Especially when you consider how much gas prices have come down during the same period.

If a person lives more then a few states away from you it costs a small fortune to ship to them. I think what might be happening is so many people buy online now the carriers are extremely busy so they feel the can jack their prices way up.

What I do on Ebay is give free shipping but set the price high enough to cover shipping to the east cost, I add "The best offer" so if someone lives close to me I'll accept a lower price since shipping will be less. Also I noticed EBay's shipping prices are not that accurate. The price is always cheaper if I log into the carriers website and get a shipping quote.

Alot of times if you use paypal to make the shipping label you get their discount. Its usually a lot better than the usps site.

NorthernLadMSP
12-20-2017, 03:22 PM
CA and FL are the worst (for me anyway). Those two states, you can pretty much guarantee shipping will cost 20% more than to midwest states.

cstojano
12-20-2017, 04:02 PM
CA and FL are the worst (for me anyway). Those two states, you can pretty much guarantee shipping will cost 20% more than to midwest states.

Yes, my Free Shipping BIN item sold finally...Damn it sold to someone in Maine.

NorthernLadMSP
12-20-2017, 04:06 PM
Yes, my Free Shipping BIN item sold finally...Damn it sold to someone in Maine.

LOL, the last 4 statues I've sold were all to people in CA and FL ugh.

Indomitus
12-20-2017, 04:59 PM
Does Sideshow ever announce when they will make adjustments to shipping costs? This actually appears to be a grey area where the only time you will have an idea is when you check out from the cart.

Perhaps we are all at the mercy of the shipping companies. :mad:

https://help.sideshowtoy.com/hc/en-us/articles/206058728-U-S-Shipping-Cost-Info

Raas Kaaz
12-21-2017, 09:10 AM
me beeing in FL.. I can confirm.. someone I feel horrible telling people whats the shipping costs are... its bad

adamteo
12-21-2017, 11:36 AM
i cancelled 2 POs from SS due to increase in shipping...think I will stop collecting for a while..

hofmanjc
12-21-2017, 12:09 PM
All the sideshow pieces are getting way overpriced so just wait until they try and unload them at a discount and free shipping. That's what I've been doing.

Ryanbusts
12-21-2017, 01:07 PM
All the sideshow pieces are getting way overpriced so just wait until they try and unload them at a discount and free shipping. That's what I've been doing.

Smart move. It's only worth PO a super low ES. That shouldn't really matter either though- too much competition, flooded market. The game is patience.

Python
12-21-2017, 05:58 PM
International shipping rates are already a bad joke at this point. It's just a shame that wages don't seem to be rising at the same rate as everything else.

craigcliff1
12-21-2017, 10:40 PM
Just to ship my P1 Batman just one state over and was almost $100.00. Use to ship a piece like that coast to coast for half that amount. IS Spider Man was $170.00 from west coast to Kentucky. I am I am getting out of collecting, thankfully I.A. is moving fast with their pieces and I can get out soon. No way this market can keep going like this.

Y3E
06-22-2018, 01:43 PM
Any Canadians received SS statues lately from FedEx? I went to pre-order the latest RS statue that is shipping now and shipping to Canada was $75 US. That's about $25 more than last time