PDA

View Full Version : New Black Widow PF

Pages : [1] 2 3

majestic1
12-30-2017, 11:17 AM
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/1125x682_previewbanner_BlackWidowPF.jpg

risingstar
12-30-2017, 11:18 AM
Is that a bullet proof kevlar bra? I wish I could say I was blown away. It looks okay. Thing is, at today's price tags, you need to bring a lot to the table so fans can feel like they're getting their money's worth. I think this one may fall short of being able to draw the big bucks. It's not that much of a leap from the prior Black Widow too which may limit order numbers.

I think the best way to present Black Widow in today's tighter-pockets climate is to focus on producing a stunning portrait with flowing hair in an action pose so it doesn't feel like something that's already been done. This doesn't seem to do any of that. Still, a decent offering, though that portrait does leave something to be desired for me. It may be the angle but that lower jaw risks presenting a mannish appeal, and her hair looks plopped on. Hopefully, this one comes with a second portrait as that might make or break the piece.

majestic1
12-30-2017, 11:25 AM
I like the face sculpt, definitely has a Russian/Eastern European look.

Pose is basically the same as the last Black Widow PF, looking off into the distance, leg up, rifle in right hand, pistol in left.

Ryanbusts
12-30-2017, 11:25 AM
Looks like a GI Joe character.

ukshaun
12-30-2017, 11:27 AM
The large lips of Scarlett Johansson, the nose of Aspen, and sprinkle of Judge Dredd. I like it, but my wallet is on hold at the moment.
I have 4x 1/4 on pre order, 2x 1/3 on pre order + 1x Hot Toys figure on Pre order.

I hope 2018 will be the year i slap some ca$h down on something from Prime 1
- maybe Catwoman 1/3 or Terminator 1/3, or something else, who knows? :)

CyborgHunter
12-30-2017, 11:29 AM
Wonder if it will be a snow base like the last? Thinking maybe with that background. Hope so.

majestic1
12-30-2017, 11:32 AM
I think she will have a similar base to the new Cap PF, they both have that bad-ass museum pose going on and they have the same modern/hi-tech looking suits.

samhain81
12-30-2017, 11:34 AM
https://preview.ibb.co/jy1AWb/R6y28re.jpg

RadAsGhoul
12-30-2017, 11:47 AM

She always did though :)

ambasah
12-30-2017, 12:07 PM
not feeling that headsculpt.

this is a comic version ?

SONICobra
12-30-2017, 12:21 PM
Great looking sculpt, not sure how i feel about the armored bra though

Hibiki
12-30-2017, 12:24 PM

her outfit is very similar to baroness pf, even the pose

marvelboi77
12-30-2017, 12:26 PM
Got excited when I got the email. Looked at the photo, I'm out. This is a misfire.

NorthernLadMSP
12-30-2017, 12:27 PM
I really liked what I saw at first until I saw the hair. Wow, that hair is so awful. Kills the piece for me.

Wah
12-30-2017, 12:29 PM
I think this piece aint bad. I may bite on this one after the full reveal.

Josh-a-tron
12-30-2017, 12:31 PM
I really liked what I saw at first until I saw the hair. Wow, that hair is so awful. Kills the piece for me.

The hair could be more detailed but it doesn't bother me. The only thing bugging me is the shiny chest plate. The eye is drawn to it, instead of it complimenting the rest of the figure it detracts a little bit.

NorthernLadMSP
12-30-2017, 12:33 PM
The hair could be more detailed but it doesn't bother me. The only thing bugging me is the shiny chest plate. The eye is drawn to it, instead of it complimenting the rest of the figure it detracts a little bit.

It's not the lack of detail, it's the shape and those God awful bangs. Le horrible.

http://www.hairstylestars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/I-cut-my-bangs-too-short-.jpg

Josh-a-tron
12-30-2017, 12:38 PM
It's not the lack of detail, it's the shape and those God awful bangs. Le horrible.

http://www.hairstylestars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/I-cut-my-bangs-too-short-.jpg

True, though it's hell of a lot better than that woman's terrible cut. Maybe they'll do a switchout head with the Pixie cut...I'd actually like that

http://orig00.deviantart.net/36a2/f/2009/082/5/a/black_widow_by_supersebas.jpg

Guilty
12-30-2017, 12:42 PM
Very dull to be honest.

NorthernLadMSP
12-30-2017, 12:46 PM
True, though it's hell of a lot better than that woman's terrible cut. Maybe they'll do a switchout head with the Pixie cut...I'd actually like that

http://orig00.deviantart.net/36a2/f/2009/082/5/a/black_widow_by_supersebas.jpg

Fans better pray for some kind of switch out head. I like BW, and the rest of this statue looks great to me, but that portrait kills any interest (and it's not even the face, I like the face).

Demona
12-30-2017, 12:50 PM
She looks like Lena Headey (aka Cersei Lannister)!

My wallet is still safe from 12 days :)

ukshaun
12-30-2017, 12:51 PM
Looking at it more. Great face sculpt. Not feeling the rest. If this is 1/4, it's going to be $499 minimum. For that price, there are other statues i want more - Red Sonja 2017 for example :)

Jibber82
12-30-2017, 01:37 PM
Looks dope to me. It would be cool if the breast plate had a carbon fiber look to it. I hope its not unnecessarily tall like the new IS Punisher.

VS1976
12-30-2017, 01:37 PM
Another bad art direction by ssc :/

Jibber82
12-30-2017, 01:44 PM
Another bad art direction by ssc :/

You seem like a really upbeat glass half full kind of guy!

dechirico7
12-30-2017, 01:46 PM
Great piece. I love the amount of details and I think it has a pretty portrait.
I am just so sick of Black Widow.

built2shred
12-30-2017, 01:49 PM
Portrait looks like a comic version of Scarlett Johansson. Not crazy about the outfit though.

VS1976
12-30-2017, 01:52 PM
You seem like a really upbeat glass half full kind of guy!

Didn't say that about Huntress, Captain Marvel and Bane...etc.

Just don't like the art direction of this piece. Same for all the Brooks Spider-Man line..

adee
12-30-2017, 01:57 PM
I like the face sculpt, don't care for the hair sculpt or the bulletproof boobies.

Was yet another BW really necessary?

Ryanbusts
12-30-2017, 02:11 PM
Didn't say that about Huntress, Captain Marvel and Bane...etc.

Just don't like the art direction of this piece. Same for all the Brooks Spider-Man line..

I think your just a realist. Nothing wrong with that. You also give credit when and where it's do.
This is a poor design imo too.

I and I
12-30-2017, 02:16 PM
would like to have a black widow in the 1/5 avenger set :(

Shaughn54
12-30-2017, 02:20 PM
I'm not an avengers fan, so I wont be picking this up, but I like the sculpt. The whole hi-tech outfit and the belt/non-belt section I think looks awesome. Boob plate they could change slightly along with the hair and I think this would be a knock out piece.

modus
12-30-2017, 02:22 PM
Looks too much like GI Joe for my liking.

Y3E
12-30-2017, 02:38 PM
Very nice detail but the short bang hair is a turn off.

Pose is similar to last PF so easy pass.

danteipp
12-30-2017, 02:56 PM
It looks interesting, excited to see the full reveal. Not sure if I need another Black Widow though. I like the updated take on the costume.

Josh-a-tron
12-30-2017, 03:07 PM
The more I look at it the more I like it over the last one

NorthernLadMSP
12-30-2017, 03:17 PM
I like the face sculpt, don't care for the hair sculpt or the bulletproof boobies.

Was yet another BW really necessary?

Nope. But, you know with Sideshow we can't possibly have new characters, only repeats.

Harbinger176
12-30-2017, 03:28 PM
Modern look is ok. Need to wait for full reveal. Was really hoping for a classic 70s or 80s costume.

loricstone
12-30-2017, 03:31 PM
I am surprised SS did another Black Widow in 1/4 BEFORE THEY DID a 1/5 one to go with the rest of the Avengers 1/5 line.

I don't have a problem with anything with this so far. The pose seems almost identical to The Iron Studios The Punisher statue. Same type of pose.

I like what I see, just surprised they did another one before the 1/5 line.

I guess knowing SS track record of redoing characters over and over again, this should have come as no surprise.

Now that Thundercats license surely surprised the hell out of me. But...I see that only going 4 characters deep.

Ryanbusts
12-30-2017, 03:40 PM
Nope. But, you know with Sideshow we can't possibly have new characters, only repeats.
Your so wrong.
I can't think of the last time Sideshow released anything Wolverine, Captain America, or Yoda related. :rimshot:

On a serious note, I would just love to see some new characters done. It's odd how we got a Cheeta and complete Birds of Prey line, but still no Flash. And where the hell are Two Face and Doc Oc? I mean the list goes on.

Mr. Nice Guy
12-30-2017, 03:45 PM
Nope

Tbolt
12-30-2017, 04:01 PM
Tran-Man Widow.

O-6.

Doc017
12-30-2017, 04:02 PM
At first I didn't like the hair but I'm starting to change my mind. Love the head sculpt and some of the details on the outfit, except the 'boob plate' but at least it's different from the low zipper on the last comic PF. One leg up and a sniper rifle in hand is a bit samey (previous comic PF, GG Winter Soldier BW and one of the options with the XM). But as a owner of all of them, the comic PF variant and the Iron Man 2 BW PF and it's prototype, I am excited to make this my seventh (!) 1/4 scale Black Widow.

Bullseye
12-30-2017, 04:07 PM
I like the harshness of the portrait.

ukshaun
12-30-2017, 04:39 PM
At first I didn't like the hair but I'm starting to change my mind. Love the head sculpt and some of the details on the outfit, except the 'boob plate' but at least it's different from the low zipper on the last comic PF. One leg up and a sniper rifle in hand is a bit samey (previous comic PF, GG Winter Soldier BW and one of the options with the XM). But as a owner of all of them and the two versions of the Iron Man 2 BW, I am excited to make this my seventh (!) 1/4 scale Black Widow.

The 'boob plate' looks quite good. I dislike the gold sections around the wrists, and gold sections around the waist acting like a belt of sorts. The gun looks unspectacular. I can't see me honestly getting this. It will be interesting to see more images.

Y3E
12-30-2017, 04:42 PM
Since she has a boob plate she should have a vag plate. I'm not being funny either

Armored_Berserk
12-30-2017, 04:44 PM
Wow she is ugly :(
Hope there is another head...

RadAsGhoul
12-30-2017, 05:01 PM
Fast forward few weeks, Sideshow shows the full statue, the pose is easy on the eye and backside is so shapely that everyone will be like - ' I can see myself liking the hair more now'.

Josh-a-tron
12-30-2017, 05:03 PM
Since she has a boob plate she should have a vag plate. I'm not being funny either

Didn't realize there was a major organ to protect down there

majestic1
12-30-2017, 05:08 PM
The 'boob plate' looks quite good. I dislike the gold sections around the wrists, and gold sections around the waist acting like a belt of sorts. The gun looks unspectacular. I can't see me honestly getting this. It will be interesting to see more images.

For me the gun looks like it will be the best part of this statue, it looks like she's holding a modified Barrett 50.cal Sniper Rifle, when we see the full reveal the gun should be huge.

https://image.ibb.co/jR0qWb/scout_sniper_m107.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

Vpuik
12-30-2017, 05:20 PM

Isn't that what boobs are for?

sith_apprentice
12-30-2017, 05:26 PM
I don't hate it, but I'm in the market for a Black Widow and will probably go Bowen.

ukshaun
12-30-2017, 05:29 PM
For me the gun looks like it will be the best part of this statue, it looks like she's holding a modified Barrett 50.cal Sniper Rifle, when we see the full reveal the gun should be huge.

Maybe i should have said - the large gun looks like a whole lot of black plastic, and could use more effort to bring it to life.
Not that i want to derail and turn this thread into a 'what is parts are made of what material' :D

Josh-a-tron
12-30-2017, 05:47 PM

...either I haven't met a woman with kevlar breasts or you insinuating breasts protect vaginas...either way there's something terribly wrong

captoz
12-30-2017, 06:09 PM
Face is really nice and the pose looks good. I agree that the riot gear boobs are over the top.

The one thing that needs to go is the BAD hair day. Please give her long hair like the first PF.

Eky
12-30-2017, 07:08 PM
Fast forward few weeks, Sideshow shows the full statue, the pose is easy on the eye and backside is so shapely that everyone will be like - ' I can see myself liking the hair more now'.

:hilarious: :D

Face is really nice and the pose looks good. I agree that the riot gear boobs are over the top.

The one thing that needs to go is the BAD hair day. Please give her long hair like the first PF.

I bet on a CoH but having different statues isn't that bad.
Short hair to be closer to the MCU if not naming a certain actress :dork:

French Cancan
12-30-2017, 07:14 PM
I like the fringe, i like the portrait, somewhere between Red Sonja and Aspen Matthews. I like the pose...
Well, she could be my next Sideshow.

punisher2000
12-30-2017, 07:51 PM

I put my custom statue a Barrett 50. cal instead of the ugly fantasy gun

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170515/5g8wma2l.jpg
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170515/sy5euqya.jpg
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170515/nmbzg8by.jpg

Iko Iko
12-30-2017, 08:22 PM

Yeah, it is crazy sometimes. The fact that they still haven't done some characters in 1/4 scale is crazy (Juggernaut, Professor X, Falcon, Namor, Dr. Strange, Star Lord, and many characters from the DC line including Nightwing, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Robin, Penguin, Riddler, Two Face, Black Manta, etc.). Look, I understand why they do it from a business perspective but come on...

darren1228
12-30-2017, 08:31 PM
They need to revisit the face. The previous PF had a much nicer face.

Not a fan of the over complicated costume either. First Wolverine, then Captain America, now Black Widow. If this is where Sideshow's art direction is going I don't like it.

Demona
12-30-2017, 09:27 PM

...either I haven't met a woman with kevlar breasts or you insinuating breasts protect vaginas...either way there's something terribly wrong

I am dying. :laugh:

I do have to say the Kevlar breast plate only is a little silly. You can still get shot/stabbed in the abdomen and die. Overall I think her outfit is a little too bulky for a spy who need to move quickly and with stealth. It’s not what I’m used to see BW in, so it may grow on me, just not right now.

Oh and the portrait is to die for. I love the strong, but feminine jaw. I think Lena Headey is a beautiful woman.

Josh-a-tron
12-30-2017, 09:37 PM
I am dying. :laugh:

I do have to say the Kevlar breast plate only is a little silly. You can still get shot/stabbed in the abdomen and die. Overall I think her outfit is a little too bulky for a spy who need to move quickly and with stealth. It’s not what I’m used to see BW in, so it may grow on me, just not right now.

Oh and the portrait is to die for. I love the strong, but feminine jaw. I think Lena Headey is a beautiful woman.

Lena is an amazing actress. In some films I'm captivated by her but in Game of Thrones I wish she was tossed in a fire pit

iCollect
12-30-2017, 10:14 PM
Wow. This looks badass. Love everything about it so far.

crimsinwing1989
12-30-2017, 10:30 PM
:hilarious::hilarious:

Vpuik
12-30-2017, 11:42 PM

Ha, I totally misread the post. I was still thinking if the boob plate protecting organs and missed the vag plate. :)

Demona
12-30-2017, 11:47 PM
Lena is an amazing actress. In some films I'm captivated by her but in Game of Thrones I wish she was tossed in a fire pit

Which I think reinforces your point :D.

I have a love/hate thing with Cersei. I still wouldn’t be upset one bit if she bested Dani, got a dragon, and ruled a United 7 Kingdoms. And I wouldn’t be upset if she was beheaded by Jon or Sansa.

Y3E
12-31-2017, 12:45 AM

Not thinking of protection but from a design stand point for this statue. Glossy plate on top and then a glossy plate below.

Tbolt
12-31-2017, 01:17 AM
I guess I just needed to see it from this angle.

Josh-a-tron
12-31-2017, 02:07 AM
I guess I just needed to see it from this angle.

Yeah I really don't see iwhst you see at all

WolverineFan
12-31-2017, 02:26 AM
I’m not a fan of her face or haircut on this statue. As everyone is saying, the glossy plate on her chest too is a deal breaker. A lot of negatives on this one for me.

Peedi
12-31-2017, 02:52 AM
I like the old one in the snow better and I sold that one.

These sideshow costumes. Sometimes the changes are ok. Wolverine and Magneto can pass. Then others are just too much. In all cases I’d rather just have the comic costume with maybe a few modernized tweaks.

But art, artistic interpretation and being different and whatnot.

Peedi
12-31-2017, 02:56 AM
And her brown hair. Not sure why they can’t just give her red hair. Yeah, realistic shade, real red hair doesn’t look like comic book red hair, it is red it’s just dark, etc and whatnot, I hear the counter statements already. But to me it looks as brown as the last Black Widow, Jean, etc.

ukshaun
12-31-2017, 09:09 AM
I read some comments, some thinking the portrait looks like Sideshow Captain Marvel. I see that too, but only slightly. Maybe it's Captain Marvel's sister :D

Eky
12-31-2017, 09:44 AM
I read some comments, some thinking the portrait looks like Sideshow Captain Marvel. I see that too, but only slightly. Maybe it's Captain Marvel's sister :D

Let compare :)

i had difficulties to find Cap Marvel on SSC website she is Ex sold out and reg WL :itsb:

here we are guys :

https://i.imgur.com/OnTgdx4.jpg

VS1976
12-31-2017, 12:36 PM

i had difficulties to find Cap Marvel on SSC website she is Ex sold out and reg WL :itsb:

here we are guys :

Cm is far sexier then the new BW. She doesn't have the butch look about it. A very strong feminine look to her compared to BW.

ukshaun
12-31-2017, 12:40 PM

here we are guys :

Maybe Black Widow looks like Aspen crossed with Captain Marvel.

VS1976
12-31-2017, 12:44 PM
Maybe Black Widow looks like Aspen crossed with Captain Marvel.

Her jaw line is too wide to be compared to the 2. Her bangs and nose aren't great either. Only thing I like about BW facial feature are her eyes. Everything else is just ok.

Eky
12-31-2017, 01:00 PM
Yup, eyes and some make up are similar.

And Cap Marvel has the corner of her mouth going up and BW down ; which makes her more tough but she remains feminine to me. i don't get the people seeing a transvestite here :/

SONICobra
12-31-2017, 01:28 PM
I think she looks very European, I think a different hair style might look better but doesn't bother me as is

Tbolt
12-31-2017, 01:50 PM
Yup, eyes and some make up are similar.

And Cap Marvel has the corner of her mouth going up and BW down ; which makes her more tough but she remains feminine to me. i don't get the people seeing a transvestite here :/

Not necessarily a transvestite, maybe just a cross dresser. Pretty sure I saw this guy at the gas station the other day.

Frankly, I’m surprised Butch Widow is getting such a pass, when a much more feminine Wonder Woman was constantly compared to Ray Liota.

Just saying, be prepared for a surprise if you undress ‘her’.

SludgesicleMan
12-31-2017, 01:57 PM
Looks a lot like Lena Headey. I like it.

VS1976
12-31-2017, 02:30 PM
I don't see Lena headey at all.

Vpuik
12-31-2017, 02:50 PM
Looks a lot like Lena Headey. I like it.

That was my first impression.Took me a bit to find the name.

CyborgHunter
12-31-2017, 03:02 PM
I can see Lena Headey a bit.

Peedi
12-31-2017, 03:12 PM

here we are guys :

I can see how some of you say she looks like Lena Headey. Face shape yes. But they don’t really look alike to me.

http://photos.laineygossip.com/articles/lena-headey-emmys-26aug14-05.jpg

VS1976
12-31-2017, 04:02 PM
I can see how some of you say she looks like Lena Headey. Face shape yes. But they don’t really look alike to me.

http://photos.laineygossip.com/articles/lena-headey-emmys-26aug14-05.jpg

She's aged a lot in that picture. Looks older then 44 years old...but still an attractive woman.

And I see zero resemblance with that to ssc BW sculpted head.

Danchez
12-31-2017, 04:19 PM
A striking resemblance to Lena Headey... which kinda makes me want to pick this up, actually.

ukshaun
12-31-2017, 05:09 PM
Not necessarily a transvestite, maybe just a cross dresser. Pretty sure I saw this guy at the gas station the other day.

Frankly, I’m surprised Butch Widow is getting such a pass, when a much more feminine Wonder Woman was constantly compared to Ray Liota.

I see tough Russian spy in her face. It's in the eyes and the lips and the nose.

Eky
12-31-2017, 05:25 PM

Hmm i'll have difficulties to undress a fully sculpt cross dresser :D

CyborgHunter
12-31-2017, 05:37 PM
I see tough Russian spy in her face. It's in the eyes and the lips and the nose.

I thought the exact same thing.

ukshaun
12-31-2017, 05:40 PM
I thought the exact same thing.

She needs one of those fur hats and a long black coat :D

CyborgHunter
12-31-2017, 05:56 PM
I think Scarlett Johansson's outfit would look much better than this one with the shiny breastplates? Just saying :D

French Cancan
12-31-2017, 06:23 PM

I agree. Maybe more like an eurasian.

Mylene Jampanoi:

http://ilarge.lisimg.com/image/9866893/950full-myl%C3%A8ne-jampano%C3%AF.jpg

Sorry, i don't know how to insert a picture...

ukshaun
12-31-2017, 06:26 PM
I read this today:

Hey folks, before rumors get out of hand: I wrote a treatment for Black Widow in 2010/2011, but I am not actively developing it right now.
- Nicole Perlman Aug 2014

Also I can't speak for how long it will be until we get a Black Widow movie. I hope soon, but I know that Marvel has a lot on their plates.
- Nicole Perlman Aug 2014

RadAsGhoul
12-31-2017, 06:33 PM
It would be her high cheekbones, typical for Slavic nations. She looks good. I think they achieved the look pretty well

VS1976
12-31-2017, 06:38 PM

Mylene Jampanoi:

Here you go... change the URL to img.

Not my type...

Nugchompa
12-31-2017, 06:52 PM
I think Scarlett Johansson's outfit would look much better than this one with the shiny breastplates? Just saying :D

Certainly.

Eky
12-31-2017, 06:52 PM

Mylene Jampanoi:

https://i.imgur.com/OZHKFHU.jpg

You click this icon

You copy/paste the url of your picture

Done

and happy new year :)

sith_apprentice
12-31-2017, 06:59 PM
I actually like the face, not the typical supermodel statue face.

VS1976
12-31-2017, 07:15 PM
I actually like the face, not the typical supermodel statue face.

I disagree...I prefer a much exotic look like Alessandra. Perfect face as Black widow

http://celebsiren.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/alessandra-ambrosio-at-2015-instyle-awards-in-los-angeles-6.jpg

Somebody needs to get the VS license and make the angel line. The design of the wings are endless

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/50/3b/9b/503b9baa394f43676cbdd5e47d0e5a6b--victorias-secret-models-victoria-secret-fashion-show.jpg

Or a Candice VS Statue

https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/1hSvHwcu_lCfiGWTM_-LJ6DHQDs/fit-in/1024x1024/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-/2014/12/02/919/n/1922398/8683ebd888e161dd_459838440_10/i/Victoria-Secret-Fashion-Show-2014-Pictures.jpg

These 2 angels will outsell Thanos Maquette quicker then one may think.

CyborgHunter
12-31-2017, 07:25 PM
:goodpost::drooling:

danteipp
12-31-2017, 07:40 PM
Burton 'Gus' Guster: That man needs Jesus.

https://youtu.be/W4PMFsfe6IM

;)

French Cancan
12-31-2017, 10:17 PM
Done

and happy new year :)

Thanks! ( and thanks to VS 1976)

Et une happy new année too!!

Deathcry
01-01-2018, 11:38 PM

I agree. That is what I thought when I first saw it.

I would really like a Black Widow Statue. I am collecting the Avengers Assemble 1/5 scale SS is putting out. I was hoping for a Black Widow. Not sure if that will happen now.

VS1976
01-01-2018, 11:49 PM
Think ssc should scrap this and start over again.

danteipp
01-01-2018, 11:56 PM
I agree. That is what I thought when I first saw it.

I would really like a Black Widow Statue. I am collecting the Avengers Assemble 1/5 scale SS is putting out. I was hoping for a Black Widow. Not sure if that will happen now.

I doubt this statue has any impact on that line. The Black Widow apparently sells very well, considering how many different versions they have made already. I assume they will make a 1/5 version at some point for the line.

Bullseye
01-11-2018, 07:13 PM
Just watched TitanRads review of the 12 days and they made the point that the portrait is the same as the Captain Marvel which everyone appeared to love.

Gyro Zeppeli
01-11-2018, 07:15 PM
I absolutely loathed the Captain Marvel statue, and this one doesn't look much better to me

Medusoid
01-11-2018, 07:21 PM
I absolutely loathed the Captain Marvel statue

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/uhwht.gif

Demona
01-11-2018, 07:24 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/uhwht.gif

:laugh:

Eky
01-11-2018, 07:56 PM
Just watched TitanRads review of the 12 days and they made the point that the portrait is the same as the Captain Marvel which everyone appeared to love.

they obviously read this forum, don't they ? :D

I absolutely loathed the Captain Marvel statue, and this one doesn't look much better to me

well, to each his opinion but if it weren't Red Sonja their Cap Marvel is their best female statue.
Let say it's a tie.

CyborgHunter
01-11-2018, 08:14 PM

Seriously?! :jawd: What's to loath? What Eky said, Red Sonja & Captain Marvel is a tie. Best two female statues in my collection.

RadAsGhoul
02-01-2018, 04:01 PM
She's going to be previewed on the next week's live. Possible PO next Thursday?

ukshaun
02-01-2018, 04:08 PM

Roll on next Wednesday :)

crimsinwing1989
02-01-2018, 05:30 PM
can't wait.

AC_808
02-01-2018, 06:04 PM

Interesting! Thought Cap would go first.

RadAsGhoul
02-01-2018, 07:02 PM
well, this has become more interesting now. PO on Feb the 8th

Medusoid
02-01-2018, 07:05 PM
well, this has become more interesting now. PO on Feb the 8th

WOW, the EX is perfect!

Demona
02-01-2018, 07:10 PM
I bet this piece sells now with this EX.

SONICobra
02-01-2018, 07:19 PM
Beautiful, ex or fail...?

darren1228
02-01-2018, 07:19 PM
double post. Edit

darren1228
02-01-2018, 07:21 PM
There is a bigger picture of the EX in the newsletter. Beautiful. And they actually give her red hair!

https://scontent.ftpe8-3.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27458962_10155822840856068_8457307147162241259_n.jpg?oh=37d3be8eb70df45ce7daae056442af3c&oe=5AEBCF53

Djangocan
02-01-2018, 07:37 PM
looks like Jennifer Lawrence.

CyborgHunter
02-01-2018, 07:47 PM
Beautiful, ex or fail...?

Yes, I would definitely say this is an ex or fail. This wasn't on my radar but now with the new portrait I'm seriously thinking of getting.

Gyro Zeppeli
02-01-2018, 08:36 PM
Still don't like it at all, but this is definitely an EX or nothing kind of statue

Iko Iko
02-01-2018, 08:38 PM
EX is way better than the regular version. With that being said, that bra armor is terrible and if I purchased this statue, it would bug me every time I looked at it. Pass for me. A shame too because the rest of the statue looks pretty good (with the EX head).

Indomitus
02-01-2018, 08:50 PM
Does a new head really over shadow the suit design with a outer bullet bra? :thinking:

darren1228
02-01-2018, 08:59 PM
Does a new head really over shadow the suit design with a outer bullet bra? :thinking:

To me the ex portraits makes the piece a whole lot better. The boob guard is still terrible though. Still not biting as I’m not a big Avengers guy. At these prices I can only buy characters I have an attachment to.

Iko Iko
02-01-2018, 09:02 PM
To me the ex portraits makes the piece a whole lot better. The boob guard is still terrible though. Still not biting as I’m not a big Avengers guy. At these prices I really have to really buy characters I have an attachment to.

Exactly. With the prices so high, I've become MUCH more picky. I just can't see throwing almost $600 down for a 1/4 scale statue anymore if it doesn't tick off 9.5 out of 10 boxes for me.

ComicJesus
02-01-2018, 09:08 PM
I’m not a big fan of these face sculpts but the EX is definitely much better.

FJC
02-01-2018, 09:44 PM
Still not POing this but the EX portrait is hands down better than the REG portrait IMO.

Peedi
02-01-2018, 10:48 PM
The hair is actually red. That’s surprising.

I get the creativity as well as need to offer something different but I just want the familiar or classic costumes back. Black Widow had the short hair and grey costume when I was a kid. I wouldn’t have minded a slightly modern update to that costume.

Doctor Doom
02-01-2018, 11:44 PM
I like it....and the base is sick. PO for sure.

VS1976
02-01-2018, 11:48 PM
I like it....and the base is sick. PO for sure.

What base?

gorocketcat
02-01-2018, 11:49 PM
I didn't like the reg head at all, so was thinking of passing.

Now, I'm 100%. I love it.

Doctor Doom
02-01-2018, 11:56 PM
What base?

Look at the print...her standing on damaged Ultron bodies....very cool. Bet it will be the same bro.

VS1976
02-02-2018, 12:11 AM
Look at the print...her standing on damaged Ultron bodies....very cool. Bet it will be the same bro.

Hopefully that is what it is. The ex head looks way better then the reg. Will need to decide if I need another black widow

Doctor Doom
02-02-2018, 12:12 AM
Hopefully that is what it is. The ex head looks way better then the reg. Will need to decide if I need another black widow

I agree...love the Ex head too.

Punisher_
02-02-2018, 12:13 AM
That EX head looks like the Red Sonja head from the she devil statue. Looks nice!

VS1976
02-02-2018, 12:55 AM
I don't see red Sonja at all.. :confused::confused:

vitreolum
02-02-2018, 04:12 AM
No interest in this, but that's a lame move, making the better head the ex.

French Cancan
02-02-2018, 07:58 AM
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/1125x682_previewbanner_BlackWidowPF.jpg

https://media.giphy.com/media/OrX8B4WFuGjfy/giphy.gif

Don’t worry, Mortal Beauty, and don’t listen to all these grumpy collectors. I Love your hair. It really brings out your face and your merciless look.
And I have zero problem with your shiny bulletproof bra. It’s a tactical weapon. It distracts the enemy. And a distracted enemy is a dead enemy.
It would be the same thing if you wore a pants flashing as a Christmas tree.
I AM ALL WITH YOU.

#aFringeForNatasha

marvelboi77
02-02-2018, 09:40 AM
What base?

The complete statue is shown on the print advertisement. She is standing in Ultron body parts.

ukshaun
02-02-2018, 10:23 AM
I prefer the non EX portrait, as the EX as that risky forehead hairline.
The face too looks better than the EX, in a Russian agent sort of way :D

https://image.ibb.co/fwR53m/1125x682_previewbanner_Black_Widow_PF.jpg

SONICobra
02-02-2018, 10:30 AM

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/marvel-captain-america-and-black-widow-premium-art-print-sideshow-500635-03.jpg

VS1976
02-02-2018, 10:40 AM
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/marvel-captain-america-and-black-widow-premium-art-print-sideshow-500635-03.jpg

I really hate those breastplates.... caps pants are awful too. I would repaint those stripes to match the blue...someone should photoshop the color out.

ukshaun
02-02-2018, 10:43 AM
The pose reminds me of Weta's The Major from Ghost in the Shell with similar base concept.

https://image.ibb.co/d0zYOm/Black_Widow_The_Major.jpg

ambasah
02-02-2018, 10:51 AM
i went from little interest to this to now wanting it cause of the exclusive. but I will wait for a cheap price in the aftermarket. you can barely get retail on even the white version from a few years ago.

Iko Iko
02-02-2018, 10:53 AM

Is that smoke coming out of the gun the left hand is holding? Not sure I'm a fan of that (although I'm guessing it is removable).

AC_808
02-02-2018, 11:24 AM
Is that smoke coming out of the gun the left hand is holding? Not sure I'm a fan of that (although I'm guessing it is removable).

Yup, that's smoke coming out of the gun.

AC_808
02-02-2018, 11:25 AM
If I get Black Widow, I'd probably remove the shine off of her breastplate ...and the other shiny armor parts.

Commander0Zero
02-02-2018, 11:26 AM
So I'm the weird one here. I like the Black widow regular portrait alot! The Breast plate doesn't bother much at all. The EX head just adds to the package and the base to me is killer. I like the Mass Effect type armor (Gamora PF owner here). I will say that those stripes on Cap are not doing it for me at all.

ukshaun
02-02-2018, 11:29 AM
If I get Black Widow, I'd probably remove the shine off of her breastplate ...and the other shiny armor parts.

I'm more bothered by the gold Judge Dredd style wrist parts, and the gold discs around the waist.
The glossy breast plates and non Ex head look good :)

Korath24
02-02-2018, 11:35 AM
Man, had no interest in this but the ex is making me rethink. Still not a fan of the shiny boob armor and some other parts of her costume. I may just try and find a deal on the old Black Widow pf.

SONICobra
02-02-2018, 11:42 AM

good eye, i think youre right

Y3E
02-02-2018, 11:48 AM
Love this Baroness :confused2

French Cancan
02-02-2018, 12:05 PM
I prefer the non EX portrait, as the EX as that risky forehead hairline.

So I'm the weird one here. I like the Black widow regular portrait alot! The Breast plate doesn't bother much at all. The EX head just adds to the package and the base to me is killer. I like the Mass Effect type armor (Gamora PF owner here). I will say that those stripes on Cap are not doing it for me at all.

No. You aren't alone, Commander0Zero. We are now three who prefer the regular head.
As Ukshaun noted it, the forehead hairline of the EX head looks like a dangerous cliff.
I prefer the touching and moving grace of the fringe.

Only three today, but how many tomorow?

Demona
02-02-2018, 01:28 PM
You can count me, French! I always liked the previewed portrait. She has the look of a Western Asian/Eastern European Woman. Strong square jaw, high cheeks, full lips, and beautiful eyes. The hair is a bold, dramatic cut. I do almost wish that SS had gone all out and given her a short, pixie cut as an homage to her grey suit, but it is what it is.

The portrait reminds me of Lena Hedley who is a knockout.

The EX head is beautiful. It’s just big risk taking as the original portrait.

crimsinwing1989
02-02-2018, 02:09 PM
You can count me, French! I always liked the previewed portrait. She has the look of a Western Asian/Eastern European Woman. Strong square jaw, high cheeks, full lips, and beautiful eyes. The hair is a bold, dramatic cut. I do almost wish that SS had gone all out and given her a short, pixie cut as an homage to her grey suit, but it is what it is.

The portrait reminds me of Lena Hedley who is a knockout.

The EX head is beautiful. It’s just big risk taking as the original portrait.
Would have been nice. I like the original portrait more too from photos shown.

French Cancan
02-02-2018, 02:25 PM
She has the look of a Western Asian/Eastern European Woman. Strong square jaw, high cheeks, full lips, and beautiful eyes.

Exactly. That fits very well with her name/homeland.

Would have been nice. I like the original portrait more too from photos shown.
You can count me, French! I always liked the previewed portrait.
https://media.giphy.com/media/1Z02vuppxP1Pa/giphy.gif

FIVE!!!!!! Who's next??

CyborgHunter
02-02-2018, 05:03 PM
Had a quick go in Photoshop putting the EX portrait on the body. I'm really loving this face.

RadAsGhoul
02-02-2018, 05:48 PM
Exactly. That fits very well with her name/homeland.

https://media.giphy.com/media/1Z02vuppxP1Pa/giphy.gif

FIVE!!!!!! Who's next??

yep, I always liked the original too. I like the swap out, but IF I'm going to get it, I'd probably display her with the original portrait.

majestic1
02-02-2018, 07:06 PM
Had a quick go in Photoshop putting the EX portrait on the body. I'm really loving this face.

Nice job.

Her suit reminds me of the plug suits from Evangelion, and that 50.cal rifle she's holding looks bad-ass.

Not a fan of the smoke effect on her pistol, you have the wind blowing her hair but not affecting the smoke.

http://i66.tinypic.com/w8xcwm.jpg

adee
02-02-2018, 08:36 PM
I like the reg head more. Mostly because it’s different.

I have to say I’m a little sick of Ultron being in every statue though.

crimsinwing1989
02-02-2018, 09:04 PM

very good photoshop.

prototypy
02-02-2018, 09:05 PM
Who sculpt this piece?

CyborgHunter
02-02-2018, 09:08 PM
very good photoshop.

Thanks crimsinwing1989.

marvelboi77
02-02-2018, 09:39 PM
I will most likely buy this now because of the EX head.

darren1228
02-02-2018, 10:29 PM
I’d love to see a more classic Ultron PF.

gearhead
02-02-2018, 11:01 PM
That EX head really is a game changer on this one. I'm still not a big enough fan to buy it, but it definitely has me thinking about it. I'm sorry, but that's a bad helmet on the reg. The facial features are ok, but the haircut is bru-tal! They should have made it look like the hair in the art print.

Shanesg
02-02-2018, 11:07 PM
This is one of sideshow's best exclusives in years. They rarely do must have exclusives, but this one is definitely a must have for widow fans.

sith_apprentice
02-02-2018, 11:16 PM
I guess I'm the only one that prefers the "less pretty" head. Suddenly everyone stopped hating on the bra lol.

GaryTonge
02-02-2018, 11:18 PM
I have no interest in this statue, but it's EX or fail.

VS1976
02-02-2018, 11:52 PM
I guess I'm the only one that prefers the "less pretty" head. Suddenly everyone stopped hating on the bra lol.

I hate The bra

dechirico7
02-02-2018, 11:57 PM
I like it from the neck down. A lot of sculpted detail and textures to keep interest. Not a big fan of either portrait. I would have liked to see something different in one of them. Both have little expression and are just too similar (square face shape).

http://www.wallpapername.com/thumbnails/detail/20121102/comics%20black%20widow%20marvel%20comics%20comics%20girls%20avengers%201920x1080%20wallpaper_www.wallpapername.com_20.jpg

majestic1
02-03-2018, 05:42 AM
Just noticed the smoke effect coming out of the top of the Ultron-bots head where she's just capped him.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2lazivk.jpg

CyborgHunter
02-03-2018, 06:07 AM
Just noticed the smoke effect coming out of the top of the Ultron-bots head where she's just capped him.

Good eye. I'm liking this piece more & more.

jadekite22
02-03-2018, 09:24 AM

Yep. Goes in cycles, especially once people start receiving it in hand and saying, "Hmm, not bad."

Mr. Nice Guy
02-03-2018, 12:27 PM
Not for me but I must say the EX here is an absolute must have.

VS1976
02-03-2018, 12:42 PM
I kind of like the ex head... the base is cool.... it's really ex or fail on this.

Shanesg
02-03-2018, 01:42 PM

I wasn't really following this thread until now. Was there a big issue with that?

Vpuik
02-03-2018, 02:18 PM
I wasn't really following this thread until now. Was there a big issue with that?

Everything is a big issue to VS. ;)

VS1976
02-03-2018, 02:34 PM
Everything is a big issue to VS. ;)

Yes...ssc should hire me for art direction....

captoz
02-03-2018, 05:01 PM
I hope that the smoke is removeable...in both spots. Not a fan.

Otherwise,with the ex head, I am actually liking this one. I may pick it up, depending on price.

AC_808
02-03-2018, 08:29 PM

If you're referring to the breastplate

...to some the issue is that its there. Some argue that its not necessary. Black Widow would look more classical without it.

...and then to some the issue is that its shiny. Some argue that it looks odd ...like a stormtrooper's armor.

gomur
02-03-2018, 11:16 PM
yep, I always liked the original too. I like the swap out, but IF I'm going to get it, I'd probably display her with the original portrait.

Lol. I guess I'm in the minority too. Prefer the regular portrait. The EX is nice but also a bit "generic redhead" IMO.

At these prices why can't we get two heads standard? Okay, I'll get off my ultron bot. :soapb:

Xaerius
02-06-2018, 09:58 AM

...to some the issue is that its there. Some argue that its not necessary. Black Widow would look more classical without it.

...and then to some the issue is that its shiny. Some argue that it looks odd ...like a stormtrooper's armor.

Not surprisingly, I like the breast plate just as it is but I'm waiting for the full reveal to be certain. I agree with the criticisms regarding the "smoke" as that looks cheap and poorly done but both head sculpts look great in their own ways. I am happy to see that EX portrait but the sultry pose works even without it. ☺

AC_808
02-06-2018, 10:54 AM
There should be a full reveal today ...as she will be shown on tomorrow's SideShow Live episode.

AC_808
02-06-2018, 10:58 AM
Unless SSC does a repeat of what they did with the new Superman PF blog ....and release the new Black Widow blog on Wednesday, too.

NorthernLadMSP
02-06-2018, 11:13 AM
Yes...ssc should hire me for art direction....

No, they should not. That would be the worst decision they could ever make.

Hanky Panky
02-06-2018, 11:51 AM

Definitely a bit too shiny and unnecessary.

She has a very GI Joe Baroness look to her.

VS1976
02-06-2018, 11:52 AM
No, they should not. That would be the worst decision they could ever make.

Doubt it... I would have made Supergirl better then what it was now.

NorthernLadMSP
02-06-2018, 12:05 PM

Anyone could have done that.

crimsinwing1989
02-06-2018, 01:04 PM

Anyone could have done that.:laugh:True.

John_Murdock
02-06-2018, 01:15 PM

Prefer the regular head too....fits the character more imo.

AC_808
02-06-2018, 02:26 PM
Definitely a bit too shiny and unnecessary.

She has a very GI Joe Baroness look to her.

Exactly.

AC_808
02-06-2018, 09:22 PM
No blog for this new Black Widow PF?

Huh ...I guess tomorrow then.

Indomitus
02-06-2018, 09:38 PM
It appears all the 1%ers are the ones buying up all these statues. I always see the same names with plans to buy! Would like to see some of your guys and girls collections. Can only imagine....

boibleu22
02-07-2018, 12:11 AM
It appears all the 1%ers are the ones buying up all these statues. I always see the same names with plans to buy! Would like to see some of your guys and girls collections. Can only imagine....

1%ers? The majority of the people on here buying this stuff up are just like the rest of us, bad with our money!

WolverineFan
02-07-2018, 03:27 AM

I would bet most of them buy what’s the current hype and sell, recycle and repeat. Thats how most are able to buy all these statues. I’ve never personally sold a statue I purchased in my life. Not saying I don’t regret some of purchases I made but there aren’t many.

nyvega002
02-07-2018, 01:03 PM
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/take-aim-at-ultron-with-the-black-widow-premium-format-figure/

Blog post is up. ES for the EX set at 750.
$575 for EX and $560 for Collectors.

RadAsGhoul
02-07-2018, 01:09 PM
roll on tomorrow. Love her. Most of all I love the reg portrait. All you guys saying otherwise are cray. She's gorge.

NorthernLadMSP
02-07-2018, 01:13 PM
Funny how this is a pre-set ES, but Magneto was TBD.

Also, is it me or does anyone else think the EX head (while pretty) is too large for her body?

crimsinwing1989
02-07-2018, 01:16 PM
I'm so sold on this piece, love it, will be picking her up and cap. reg head > exclusive.

marvelboi77
02-07-2018, 01:21 PM
$575 is too much for me.

Korath24
I'm impressed they set the ES prior to the PO. May have to place an order tomorrow.

crimsinwing1989
Stunning portrait in front and profile shot.
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/300484_press34.jpg
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/300484_press32.jpg

SONICobra
02-07-2018, 01:25 PM
i like the reg portrait as well, she looks super fierce - the ex is more glamour style and very pretty

so undecided how i feel about cap...

awesome avengers line up pic with wolverine, that was a cool idea

dst510
02-07-2018, 01:26 PM
day 1 PO for sure!

NorthernLadMSP
02-07-2018, 01:27 PM
i like the reg portrait as well, she looks super fierce - the ex is more glamour style and very pretty

so undecided how i feel about cap...

awesome avengers line up pic with wolverine, that was a cool idea

I prefer the regular face too, but that hair completely ruins it for me.

AC_808
02-07-2018, 01:33 PM
Man o man ...this is an awesome angle!

Y3E
02-07-2018, 01:37 PM
BW does look good.

CyborgHunter
02-07-2018, 01:41 PM

It most certainly is!

actionjackson83
02-07-2018, 01:57 PM
nice try sideshow, you almost got me!

actionjackson83
02-07-2018, 01:59 PM
BW regular face is great and from the side profile the hair looks great lol... the EX head does look like it doesn't belong on the body... it's a shame the factory won't be able to match the makeup on the reg portrait as that pretty much makes or breaks this piece for me. I'll just order a reg and wait for production pics....

danteipp
02-07-2018, 02:03 PM
Well, they sold me on yet another BW, lol. I really like both heads and the statue overall.

ukshaun
02-07-2018, 02:05 PM
https://image.ibb.co/iwEbXv/ukshaun_14_Black_Widow.jpg

I own 1x Black Widow 1/4 PF already, do i need another? ..possibly :D

Korath24
02-07-2018, 02:11 PM
Both portraits have their merits, but I give the edge to the EX. I'm really happy the es has been pre-set, hopefully this trend continues.

Darkcross
02-07-2018, 02:29 PM
Nice shot Sideshow
https://i.imgur.com/3LzdwuQl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Am1V1cul.jpg

crimsinwing1989
02-07-2018, 02:32 PM
One of my favorite comic covers and i totally missed that lol.

SONICobra
02-07-2018, 02:42 PM
same, i knew it felt familiar but couldnt place it - good call Darkcross :thumbs2:

loricstone
02-07-2018, 02:45 PM
The regular face is by far the best or most ideal look I envision when I think of Black Widow. Man...that face is perfect and I love the hair too.

Tbolt
02-07-2018, 03:26 PM
$575 is too much for me.

I think I paid $350 for the first BW PF, which I still like more.

I find myself ready to tap out, with the exception of something 'must have, never done before'.

gem_mint
02-07-2018, 03:47 PM
nice try sideshow, you almost got me!

haha same thing I thought... almost got me with the cover homage...

pokritz17
02-07-2018, 04:21 PM
575 too much for such a simple piece, easy pass

French Cancan
02-07-2018, 04:25 PM
roll on tomorrow. Love her. Most of all I love the reg portrait. All you guys saying otherwise are cray. She's gorge.

The regular face is by far the best or most ideal look I envision when I think of Black Widow. Man...that face is perfect and I love the hair too.

YES.
The fringe draws a delicious and feminine line on the forehead, freeing her steely gaze.. No distacting stupid long hair floating eveywhere, drawing a target on her head, as if an helicopter was making a stationary flight over her, to dry her sweat.

My tips to maintain an attractive fringe
First:
https://media.giphy.com/media/jn91UNGXVLbcQ/giphy.gif

Then brushing.............................WOW! :itsb:
https://media.giphy.com/media/XrIZgj0LG75IY/giphy.gif

And now, ready to fight!
https://media.giphy.com/media/gUoiHlTbQ1DKE/giphy.gif

You see?
Wild, determined, dangerous, but still feminine.
Here is our Black Widow.

sith_apprentice
02-07-2018, 04:35 PM
The more I look at the regular one the more I like it. Considering...

Bullseye
02-07-2018, 04:50 PM
Stunning must have.

ambasah
02-07-2018, 05:05 PM
$575 for an average pf. 750 isn't a small edition size.

I will wait for a very good deal down the road. even the super-exclusive white version with an edition size of 200 sells for $400.

Mamba
02-07-2018, 07:25 PM

What a great pic.

How do you guys rank these 3? For me right now:

1. Wolverine
2. BW
3. Cap (I wish he is wearing a different costume)

Anyone getting all 3?

Nyxs
02-07-2018, 07:41 PM
Think I might get the regular down the road. No rush.

StuntMan_Mike
02-07-2018, 07:53 PM
Beautiful piece. That regular portrait is straight killer, fits her character more. Will more than likely pick one up in the future.

NorthernLadMSP
02-07-2018, 08:05 PM
Regular head fits the super bad ass pose way more than the pretty EX head.

Medusoid
02-07-2018, 08:05 PM
Oh no! I wasn't expecting to like this so much. :waah: Now to decide if I really need the EX or not...

Cyber-Lip
02-07-2018, 08:08 PM
Hope it has a swappable right hand, preferably holding a pistol. That giant rifle looks stoopid

Shanesg
02-07-2018, 10:42 PM
I don't know how it happened, but somehow I thought the regular portrait was ugly when first previewed, but now I think it's by far the better of the two.

Also the giant sniper rifle is badass. Love this piece.

Cyber-Lip
02-07-2018, 11:32 PM

I haven't seen any recent Sideshow releases. Have they upped their QC game? Any indication that the production piece will have anything close to that great facial shading/makeup? A standard-issue flat lackluster paint job on the face will kill the piece

AC_808
02-08-2018, 12:51 AM
I haven't seen any recent Sideshow releases. Have they upped their QC game? Any indication that the production piece will have anything close to that great facial shading/makeup? A standard-issue flat lackluster paint job on the face will kill the piece

I wish I could say otherwise, but their QC is still hit or miss. They have improved, but you still have some head scratchers every so often.

Dark Phoenix, Green Phoenix, Captain Marvel, Gamorra and Angela came out gorgeous. Then you get the Wonder Woman Gal Gadot PF ...a head scratcher.

At least we can return this piece if it doesn’t meet our expectations in hand.

Xaerius
02-08-2018, 12:59 AM
I don't know how it happened, but somehow I thought the regular portrait was ugly when first previewed, but now I think it's by far the better of the two.

Also the giant sniper rifle is badass. Love this piece.

Same here; they must have touched it up. ;)

Xaerius
02-08-2018, 01:01 AM

If I remember correctly, they did an amazing job of painting the face of the Baroness in all various versions of it; that face was so beautifully done. That was also a few years ago so hopefully they can do it again for this one...fingers crossed...

VS1976
02-08-2018, 01:09 AM
The smoke on the barrel needs to be removable

gorocketcat
02-08-2018, 01:12 AM

Good news for you then!

AC_808
02-08-2018, 02:13 AM

Good news for you then!

Right. Cause the smoke is removable.

Demona
02-08-2018, 09:45 AM
I wonder how much the breast plate shines under normal light? This statue is growing on me. I always loved the portrait, but the rest is coming around.

marvelboi77
02-08-2018, 12:43 PM
I wonder how much the breast plate shines under normal light? This statue is growing on me. I always loved the portrait, but the rest is coming around.

It's too much cash. I wonder if we will get to a place where the majority of the statues will be promo free shipping or other discounts after release. I can see all the Spiderverse being discounted and free shipping.

ukshaun
02-08-2018, 12:50 PM
It's too much cash. I wonder if we will get to a place where the majority of the statues will be promo free shipping or other discounts after release. I can see all the Spiderverse being discounted and free shipping.

+1

It's too much. I like the statue. I can wait until a later date.

Demona
02-08-2018, 01:55 PM
Oh yea, if I get this it will NOT be through a PO. It's a wait and see in hand pics, then watch the market.

dmoff
02-08-2018, 03:32 PM
Was this already shown on Sideshow Live?

They don't seem to be posting their videos to Youtube anymore which is beyond annoying.

So if you don't have Facebook you can't watch them anymore then?

ukshaun
02-08-2018, 03:38 PM
Was this already shown on Sideshow Live?

They don't seem to be posting their videos to Youtube anymore which is beyond annoying.

So if you don't have Facebook you can't watch them anymore then?

Black Widow was shown on Sideshow Live yesterday.
Looking on Youtube, the latest Sideshow video appears to be 2 weeks ago?
Somethings up?

CyborgHunter
02-08-2018, 04:04 PM
https://www.facebook.com/sideshowcollectibles/videos/10155655694164145/