PDA

View Full Version : New Superman PF

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

majestic1
01-03-2018, 10:19 AM
https://preview.ibb.co/dqKzew/1125x682_previewbanner_Superman_PF_full_1.jpg (https://ibb.co/iEOQKw)

craigcliff1
01-03-2018, 10:21 AM
looks great

majestic1
01-03-2018, 10:23 AM
Looks like he's about to go ten pin bowling using Brainiac's head as the ball.

Bill Lehecka
01-03-2018, 10:24 AM
No underpants. Again, opposite of the original with sculpted suit and fabric cape.

I like my original, TBH.

Also, Supes looks like he dealt it and definitely smelt it.

BlackestNight
01-03-2018, 10:25 AM

I want the rest of that Brianiac PF!

adee
01-03-2018, 10:25 AM
Looks good, not my Superman but I dig the sculpt. It reminds me of XM Iron Man classic.

I do prefer sculpted capes though.

SONICobra
01-03-2018, 10:34 AM
looks so good, my patience paid off - finally a superman for the collection

Shanesg
01-03-2018, 10:47 AM
Looks good, but I still slightly like the original more.

Vince_be
01-03-2018, 10:48 AM
Waow...need to see more but it looks great !

shakex
01-03-2018, 10:56 AM
Hmmmm. Not bad. Not bad. I maybe 2-10. Could be 3-10 but need to see more of Batman. Also, I'm loving these 2 or now 3 reveals in one day. Nice! :buttrock:

RadAsGhoul
01-03-2018, 10:59 AM

Same! Stoked for this, and the other 2.

Tbolt
01-03-2018, 11:02 AM
I’m a huge Superman fan, but no interest in this. OG for me. WW looks puuurty though.

adee
01-03-2018, 11:05 AM
I’m a huge Superman fan, but no interest in this. OG for me. WW looks puuurty though.

If he's not in red undies he isn't fully Superman to me :laugh:

Sounds weird I know but I really feel that way.

Commander0Zero
01-03-2018, 11:06 AM
Liking this alot!

NorthernLadMSP
01-03-2018, 11:10 AM
Anyone else see the resemblance? :D

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/1125x682_previewbanner_CaptAmericaPF.jpg

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/1125x682_previewbanner_SupermanPF_full-1-1-751x600.jpg

Might be wishful thinking on my part, but the faces sure do seem to have similar features. Could this Supes be a Daniel Bel sculpt as well?

GaryTonge
01-03-2018, 11:13 AM
This already looks much better than the original Supes PF to me. Not a huge fan of the fabric capes though. Wish the entire piece would be fully sculpted.

Josh-a-tron
01-03-2018, 11:14 AM
Anyone else see the resemblance? :D

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/1125x682_previewbanner_CaptAmericaPF.jpg

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/1125x682_previewbanner_SupermanPF_full-1-1-751x600.jpg

Might be wishful thinking on my part, but the faces sure do seem to have similar features. Could this Supes be a Daniel Bel sculpt as well?

It's very possible but I don't think their facial features are that similar, but the way they both look to have been structured could very well be the same person sculpting.

Shoo
01-03-2018, 11:17 AM

The same thing crossed my mind. Looks good, though. Anatomy is on point. Too bad fabric capes are always a minus in my book.

FJC
01-03-2018, 11:21 AM
I'm a classic guy so this is a no go for me. Nice sculpt though.

AC_808
01-03-2018, 11:26 AM

Same! Stoked for this, and the other 2.

Total agreement! Patience has paid off!

This sculpt is brilliant. Might just be time to get a Superman PF.

wizardjones
01-03-2018, 11:49 AM
Not gonna lie.. the face sculpt on this Supes looks way cooler than the original pf to me. Also, I personally love the fabric cape because space and poseability.

qz33
01-03-2018, 11:55 AM
Not gonna lie.. the face sculpt on this Supes looks way cooler than the original pf to me. Also, I personally love the fabric cape because space and poseability.

The whole paint job looks photoshopped so far... wouldn't get too excited before in hand...

majestic1
01-03-2018, 11:59 AM
The sculpt is amazing especially the face but I hate the movie costume look with no Red pants.

To me his costume looks incomplete without them, here's a quick photoshop with his undies on.

https://preview.ibb.co/mEeyMb/sup1.jpg (https://ibb.co/ds6OnG)

adee
01-03-2018, 12:01 PM
Full yellow on the belt and it's there.

vorpoll
01-03-2018, 12:02 PM
Is there an S on the cape?

GaryTonge
01-03-2018, 12:04 PM
The sculpt is amazing especially the face but I hate the movie costume look with no Red pants.

To me his costume looks incomplete without them, here's a quick photoshop with his undies on.

Walk away from the undies man. It's life changing. lol

AC_808
01-03-2018, 12:04 PM
Is there an S on the cape?

Won't know until the full reveal.

nearmint
01-03-2018, 12:08 PM
He's looking so far off to the left. Not sure how I'd pose him. I normally like eyes forward, but that would hide most of the statue, including the Braniac head. Strange conceptual choice.

adee
01-03-2018, 12:12 PM
Walk away from the undies man. It's life changing. lol

Never! :laugh:

Honestly I collect for nostalgia. All this new 52/Marvel now/ movie interpretations do little for me.

I don't mind artistic licensing and touches but they at least have to be inspired by the classic designs for me to have any real interest.

BOWEN NUT
01-03-2018, 12:21 PM
I actually like the new Superman costume shown here however, is it me or does the bottom of the S shield look too fat?

I already have the original Superman PF but I'm interested in the full reveal. Kinda hope the hand holding Brianiac is a switch out and you can display him holding nothing.

generalzodlives
01-03-2018, 12:28 PM
I love the first PF, but it's tough to say no to a Superman statue so I'll end up getting this one. Still not a huge fan of the costume without the red underpants, but overall the statue looks great to me.

SONICobra
01-03-2018, 12:31 PM
looks very similar to the rebirth costume, hopefully they keep the red boots - thats a must imo

http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Action-Comics-978-Superman-DC-Comics-Rebirth-spoilers-1.jpg

myskye23
01-03-2018, 12:38 PM

I'll have to agree with you. I'm a Classics Guy too and although there are problems with the first Superman PF, SS got the costume right. If they add the Red Pants like your Photoshop rendering, then I'M ALL IN!

Mario Wario
01-03-2018, 12:57 PM
Not bad for Superman here. I, too, have the original PF so depending on the price, I may or may not pull the trigger when the time comes. With Thanos shipping very soon (which I’m guessing due to having a shipping price now), I’m trying not to order too much for 2018. But good luck with that goal, right?

GaryTonge
01-03-2018, 01:04 PM
I'll have to agree with you. I'm a Classics Guy too and although there are problems with the first Superman PF, SS got the costume right. If they add the Red Pants like your Photoshop rendering, then I'M ALL IN!

Maybe the exclusive will be a pair of undies you classic guys can put on Supes? ;)
https://eg.jumia.is/unsafe/fit-in/0x0/filters:fill(white)/product/41/81401/1.jpg?7916

Tbolt
01-03-2018, 01:19 PM
Never! :laugh:

Honestly I collect for nostalgia. All this new 52/Marvel now/ movie interpretations do little for me.

I don't mind artistic licensing and touches but they at least have to be inspired by the classic designs for me to have any real interest.

Same. Nostalgia is the only reason I collect this stuff.

Zombiez
01-03-2018, 01:24 PM
never understood the underwear over the spandex look it always seemed ridiculous to me. The modern iteration looks sooo much better to me.

GaryTonge
01-03-2018, 01:26 PM
never understood the underwear over the spandex look it always seemed ridiculous to me. The modern iteration looks sooo much better to me.

It was used partly as a convention by the artists to break up the colour of the costume. It also goes back to the "carnival strong man" days at the turn of the century.

slynger
01-03-2018, 01:28 PM
I'm content with the classic PF Supes. No red undies = no true Supes. I get them trying to update his look, but that was the wrong thing to switch IMHO.

Saving my pennies for the P1 Hush Supes and another custom or two.

SONICobra
01-03-2018, 01:28 PM
alex pereira just posted this on his instagram:

Very proud to be part of this amazing project with the Sideshow Team. Thank you very much for this opportunity!!!

the dude knows how to sculpt a bad ass supes :cool:

Zombiez
01-03-2018, 01:29 PM
It was used partly as a convention by the artists to break up the colour of the costume. It also goes back to the "carnival strong man" days at the turn of the century.

WOW. Thanks that's some interesting history that i didn't know.

myskye23
01-03-2018, 01:36 PM
Maybe the exclusive will be a pair of undies you classic guys can put on Supes? ;)
https://eg.jumia.is/unsafe/fit-in/0x0/filters:fill(white)/product/41/81401/1.jpg?7916

:hilarious: . I think you just solved my dilemma buddy!

majestic1
01-03-2018, 01:52 PM
At the risk of being accused of having an underpants fetish I much prefer the pants on the outside look for Magneto and Wolverine as well.

Mister H
01-03-2018, 02:19 PM
Red trunks would be better, though not mandatory for me. (I could just paint them on later). I’m not sold on the head position. Looking too far to his left imo.

majestic1
01-03-2018, 02:19 PM
Just noticed Supes fist is imprinted on Brainiacs cheek.

Darkcross
01-03-2018, 02:21 PM
Wow, I really like this new Superman. Yes it is not exactly classic Superman but the sculpt looks great, really love the Brainiac head. Hope we get a Brainiac PF in the future.

Igo
01-03-2018, 02:25 PM
alex pereira just posted this on his instagram:

the dude knows how to sculpt a bad ass supes :cool:

Alex co-designed and sculpted the base, as well as the brainiac head, Steve Lord sculpted Superman himself.

And yes, there is an "S" the cape... but we wont be giving Supes any undies...

majestic1
01-03-2018, 02:29 PM
Is this a floating pose ?

SONICobra
01-03-2018, 02:30 PM
Alex co-designed and sculpted the base, as well as the brainiac head, Steve Lord sculpted Superman himself.

outstanding! kudos to the whole team, i love the concept (fist imprint on braniac is perfect), costume, pose - its just awesome

can you confirm if the boots are red?

crimsinwing1989
01-03-2018, 02:32 PM

Great call, looks better without the undies. I thought for sure this was a daniel bel sculpt. Beautiful non the less.

GaryTonge
01-03-2018, 02:32 PM

Awesome Igo! And here I was teasing you the other day about a new comic Supes PF! haha

NorthernLadMSP
01-03-2018, 02:36 PM
I love the look of this piece. I was one of the people that didn't really like anything about the first Superman, so this one I may have to get.

WW looks absolutely gorgeous as well.

Batman, well I already see one enormous plus over the original - the body is full sculpt.

Spidey976
01-03-2018, 02:42 PM

Okay so now that you guys are on a JLA kick how about a :flash:... lol.

P.S. These look amazing Dave

loricstone
01-03-2018, 04:28 PM
Okay so now that you guys are on a JLA kick how about a :flash:... lol.

P.S. These look amazing Dave

I am in complete 100% agreement with this statement. This is by far the best Superman statue I have ever seen (custom, licensed, etc.).

And that Wonder Woman looks just as impressive!

nearmint
01-03-2018, 06:07 PM
Braniac's headless body on the base, please. :praying:

Cali604
01-03-2018, 06:17 PM
I know a lot of people see the Classic Superman as Iconic as do I. I grew up on that. But come on people he is wearing his underwear outside his pants!..its weird. Im glad DC modernized his costume and it took awhile for me to come around, but I like the Rebirth costume, its close enough to the Classic without the silly underwear. He should have definitely have the red boots.

This Superman looks absolutely stunning! Hopefully his size is good, and Batman isn't twice his size like the Original PFs. Also hearing that another sculptor worked on the base...is making me confident that the base isn't just some cheap bluish not really ice looking base.

The sculpt, and portrait are amazing, just top notch. A youthful Superman who looks like a powerhouse! Im not a huge fan of fabric capes would have preferred sculpted light weight cape, but the fact that it can be adjusted to make more room to display is a plus on the other side. Hopefully it is of a better material not a cheap material.

adee
01-03-2018, 06:27 PM
He wore red underwear for over eighty years. All of the sudden it's not cool? :laugh:

nearmint
01-03-2018, 06:27 PM
I know a lot of people see the Classic Superman as Iconic as do I. I grew up on that. But come on people he is wearing his underwear outside his pants!..its weird.

So is Batman in most cases. I guess the red color makes the difference?

SONICobra
01-03-2018, 06:31 PM
He wore red underwear for over eighty years. All of the sudden it's not cool? :laugh:

i respect the classics for what they are but as ive grown up i look at these things differently even from a functional point of view as the comics themselves have become more grounded and "realistic" in a sense as well. i dont think theyre not cool but seeing them on a very realistic looking statue i wonder "why would he put those on over his pants?" ;)

adee
01-03-2018, 06:34 PM
Because he's Superman and that's his s#it! :laugh:

I understand why some don't mind or even like it but for me he's not complete without them.

Cali604
01-03-2018, 06:35 PM
So is Batman in most cases. I guess the red color makes the difference?

Yes Batman did wear outside underwear as well as did many heroes and even villains. Batman's has also changed for the better. But I think for DC and Marvel its always hard to change classic and iconic character's costumes. Being associated with it for 80 years makes it that much harder. But as it was noted this concept was derived from Carnival Strongmen from a bygone era. I don't think people should be so resistant to change. Sometimes its change for the better.

I grew up on Christopher Reeve Superman, and Classic Superman is iconic to me. But people act like he has to dress like that forever...its not a bad change at all. But I understand if for some he will always be only that version, Im totally fine with it.

adee
01-03-2018, 06:39 PM
I think the difference at least for me is that I only want ONE statue of each character so they have to be the versions that resonate the most for me.

L Deimos
01-03-2018, 06:41 PM
I know a lot of people see the Classic Superman as Iconic as do I. I grew up on that. But come on people he is wearing his underwear outside his pants!..its weird. Im glad DC modernized his costume and it took awhile for me to come around, but I like the Rebirth costume, its close enough to the Classic without the silly underwear. He should have definitely have the red boots.

I don't know why, but without the undies, Batman and Superman uniforms lack somehow. The costumes look bland and plain. I thought that I would have gotten used to it over the years, but I still feel the same way I did back when the New 52 started.

As for Superman, he looks ok. The pose is a little weird and the head looks like a different era from the rest of the costume.
I still think the old PF is the definitive Supes, but this isn't bad at all. That Wonder Woman looks boss though!

Cali604
01-03-2018, 06:51 PM
I think the difference at least for me is that I only want ONE statue of each character so they have to be the versions that resonate the most for me.

I agree I prefer only one of each Character. And although I loved the Classic look...Rebirth won me over..So I will only have him. I want a few characters so I cant be having doubles of my favourites. Too much space would be taken.

I don't know why, but without the undies, Batman and Superman uniforms lack somehow. The costumes look bland and plain. I thought that I would have gotten used to it over the years, but I still feel the same way I did back when the New 52 started.

As for Superman, he looks ok. The pose is a little weird and the head looks like a different era from the rest of the costume.
I still think the old PF is the definitive Supes, but this isn't bad at all. That Wonder Woman looks boss though!

This isn't the New 52 but the Rebirth one..so he is a bit older than New 52 but still a younger look. He was basically the classic Superman returned with the new costume ;)

Yeah that Wonder Woman is very tempting...I have both the Classic OG PFs never got OG Batman as I never liked the pose or his size.

I also get what you mean by breaking up the costume a bit more for more a splash of colour. I will wait to see more of these new ones, but so far I like what I see.

majestic1
01-03-2018, 06:53 PM
Pants on the outside for the win.

https://preview.ibb.co/hpz7XG/leg.jpg (https://ibb.co/fGOZCG)

NorthernLadMSP
01-03-2018, 07:00 PM
I've already forgotten about the Prime 1 Hush Supes :D

gearhead
01-03-2018, 07:00 PM
I grew up in the 70s and 80s when all superheroes had their underwear on the outside. But we never thought it was dumb. Didn't even think of it as underwear, it was just part of the costume. And that's what it was, a costume. Nobody dressed like that in real life then or now. You know what looks equally dumb? A big blue, or grey onesy. At least the underwear breaks up the colors. If they really want to update these characters and make then more realistic, then give them some pants! I'm not talking jeans, but at least show a zipper and make the costumes look like two pieces instead of a onesy.

GaryTonge
01-03-2018, 07:01 PM
I've already forgotten about the Prime 1 Hush Supes :D

When I get a chance I'll post an image comparing them. The Prime 1 version looks really disproportioned to me.

nearmint
01-03-2018, 07:08 PM
The Prime 1 version looks really disproportioned to me.

Me too.

Cali604
01-03-2018, 07:15 PM
I grew up in the 70s and 80s when all superheroes had their underwear on the outside. But we never thought it was dumb. Didn't even think of it as underwear, it was just part of the costume. And that's what it was, a costume. Nobody dressed like that in real life then or now. You know what looks equally dumb? A big blue, or grey onesy. At least the underwear breaks up the colors. If they really want to update these characters and make then more realistic, then give them some pants! I'm not talking jeans, but at least show a zipper and make the costumes look like two pieces instead of a onesy.

Im not saying it looks dumb, just a little odd which growing up I thought it looked perfect. But you are right most heroes wear really odd stuff back then and even now. So it shouldn't bother people that much at all, considering a man dressed up as a Bat is one of our most iconic heroes. Its just my preference is leaning to the newer look, but I 100% agree with the sentimental ties to the original Superman.

Cali604
01-03-2018, 07:17 PM
When I get a chance I'll post an image comparing them. The Prime 1 version looks really disproportioned to me.

They are adjusting it. His head is being enlarged and his physique is being tightened up so it isn't so bulky. To me he may become the greatest Classic Superman but he is 1/3 scale which I don't collect.

Vince_be
01-03-2018, 07:32 PM
This Superman is actually the perfect iteration of him IMO best mix with the old and the new costume !, Wonder Woman and Captain America are looking awesome on those pics ! I'm glad to see those statue re-done this way by Sideshow ! I'm super pumped on those pieces !!

adee
01-03-2018, 08:44 PM
I think the way they have done it is good. Classics for fans of those costumes and newer looks for those who prefer the modern versions.

I don't get WW though, the new one looks more classic than the first one to me so far.

The thing I fear most now is if they did matching secondary bases for these. I really really hope they didn't go that route.

built2shred
01-03-2018, 09:33 PM

Looks like he's wearing a red depends diaper.... The days of the outside underwear are over....

I was tempted to get Prime 1 1/4 scale Superman but didn't like the pose or the bright metallic paint scheme... This one looks perfect IMO except I wish they would of went with a Fiberglass or PVC cape instead of lame fabric which will take hours of trying to tweak it to look right not to mention the wrinkles... ugh

NorthernLadMSP
01-03-2018, 09:57 PM
I'm with you. This looks almost perfect. I'm so sick of fabric.

Shanesg
01-03-2018, 10:15 PM
I grew up with superman wearing red underwear, but I think it was a good decision for them to remove that design. I'm so used to him not having it now that it looks silly when I see it. That Photoshop of him with the undies just looks foolish.

VS1976
01-03-2018, 10:19 PM
Fabric is fine if done right.

nearmint
01-04-2018, 12:40 AM
I’m really liking the Braniac head. Adds a lot to the statue.

majestic1
01-04-2018, 06:11 AM
The pose looks like the new Cap PF, especially if that is Ultrons head Cap is holding.

https://preview.ibb.co/fDxswa/newcap2.jpg (https://ibb.co/ieYAhF)

https://preview.ibb.co/dqKzew/1125x682_previewbanner_Superman_PF_full_1.jpg (https://ibb.co/iEOQKw)

BOWEN NUT
01-04-2018, 09:18 AM

Is it just me or does the bottom of the S symbol look a little too fat? I hope they correct this for the production piece.

French Cancan
01-04-2018, 09:45 AM
Here is the statue which makes me regret not collecting the male statues. This Superman seems perfect. And this portrait, it is just a big WOW. I did'nt like the P1 Hush Superweird ( small head and big muscles sounded much more as a caricature ), but i like this one, no matter if his clothes are accurate, or not...

Mr.Knight
01-04-2018, 04:40 PM
I love it!

Indomitus
01-04-2018, 05:58 PM
Hey look! It's a bird, a plane, another Superman! :flash:

Tbolt
01-04-2018, 06:13 PM
I grew up with superman wearing red underwear, but I think it was a good decision for them to remove that design. I'm so used to him not having it now that it looks silly when I see it. That Photoshop of him with the undies just looks foolish.

Yeah because running around in a cape and a onesie is sooooooo practical.

Shanesg
01-04-2018, 06:34 PM
Who said anything about any of it being practical? Your comment makes no sense. I just think he can do without the red underwear.

Ryanbusts
01-04-2018, 06:52 PM
Yeah because running around in a cape and a onesie is sooooooo practical.

Lmao

Tbolt
01-04-2018, 09:28 PM
Who said anything about any of it being practical? Your comment makes no sense. I just think he can do without the red underwear.

Go run around your neighborhood in a onesie and a cape. Somehow I don’t think you will be viewed as any less foolish.

built2shred
01-04-2018, 10:35 PM
Go run around your neighborhood in a onesie and a cape. Somehow I don’t think you will be viewed as any less foolish.

It's a two piece, there's plenty of pictures in comics where he takes his shirt off.

That said unless I was actually Superman I still wouldn't wear any those outfits in real life :)

Onewiththeforce
01-04-2018, 10:39 PM
What is the deal with the cheeks......and the chin....? Ugh.

Mister H
01-04-2018, 10:44 PM
After looking at this pic for a long time, I’ve come to the conclusion that I won’t be getting it. Not as a Superman statue anyway. One of my favorite DC characters is Eradicator. I may try my hand at converting this to the Eradicator character. Should be simple enough, on paper anyway, he has the Supes build, face and chest emblem and it would be a matter of stripping paint, sanding, adding small details, then priming and painting. My original idea was to do this with the Tweeterhead Supes, but I like the idea of having a 1/4 Eradicator better.

Mister H
01-04-2018, 10:46 PM

Maybe they envisioned Bruce Campbell when they sculpted it.

adee
01-04-2018, 10:47 PM

He does have a bit of a Jay Leno chin. Suit aside I like the sculpt but I like the portraits of the original much more.

Matches Malone
01-04-2018, 11:36 PM
I absolutely love this piece. I have been waiting for a badass Supes for a while and this one may be it. Sure I would have preferred the 100% classic look but his Rebirth costume is the best of both worlds IMHO and channels the Cavill suit pretty well.

Cali604
01-05-2018, 01:02 AM
I absolutely love this piece. I have been waiting for a badass Supes for a while and this one may be it. Sure I would have preferred the 100% classic look but his Rebirth costume is the best of both worlds IMHO and channels the Cavill suit pretty well.

This guy gets it!

Doctor Doom
01-05-2018, 01:11 AM

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

nearmint
01-05-2018, 01:34 AM
I’m not a fan of fabric capes, but I’m pretty sure I’m buying this piece, so I hope they do something special with it. Dave Igo said the fabric cape on the new Batman is the best one they’ve ever done. I hope Superman’s cape isn’t just a larger version of Power Girl’s.

JC1977
01-05-2018, 06:34 AM
So when do we think he'll go up for PO?

NorthernLadMSP
01-05-2018, 08:40 AM

Agreed. The jammies, portraits and, of course, the leaning issues killed the first one for me. Oh, and the cheap looking base.

SONICobra
01-05-2018, 10:04 AM
theres a lot to like about this statue but i think my favorite element is the braniac head :cool:

adee
01-05-2018, 10:17 AM
He's going for the 7-10 split

The head looks very cool but they have to have the option to display w/o it.

We even sure it's just a head? Seems out of character for Sups to be ripping dudes heads off lol

nearmint
01-05-2018, 11:27 AM
We even sure it's just a head? Seems out of character for Sups to be ripping dudes heads off lol

Dave Igo said that the base on this statue and the Braniac head were sculpted by Alex Pereira. Since he specifically said "Braniac head", I think it's a logical assumption that we're not getting all of Braniac, but it would be awesome if his headless body was on the base.

In most iterations, Braniac is an andriod, so maybe not so bad that Supes knocked his head off? Based on the fist impression on Braniac's face, he was hit pretty hard.

adee
01-05-2018, 11:38 AM
Yeah I guess since there is no blood involved he figured it's OK to tear off his head lol

majestic1
01-05-2018, 11:52 AM
I'm not that familiar with Brainiac but I think he can transfer his consciousness into replicas of himself, like a Doombot or Ultron.
It'll probably be Brainiacs head with a load of fibre-optic cables hanging out of it.

adee
01-05-2018, 03:10 PM
I'm having a hard time imagining what the base will look like in this type of scene. It makes be doubt the new ones will have origin bases and it will be a theme type base. That would be a real bummer for me.

bicoid18
01-09-2018, 01:02 PM
Just saw these off of Sideshow’s Instagram. Looks really impressive so far!

https://i.imgur.com/36lhHrf.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/um2uIhK.jpg

SONICobra
01-09-2018, 01:03 PM
rejoice!!!! red boots! :buttrock:

man this cannot be anymore prefect, so stoked for this one

bicoid18
01-09-2018, 01:09 PM
Super tempted to double dip. Loving Superman Rebirth so far and I’m hoping for some Super Sons PFs in the future. But first things first...
*ahem* FlashNightwingTwofaceMrFreezeClassicDeathstrokeGrodd *ahem*

adee
01-09-2018, 01:13 PM
That's a great angle and as much as I like the sculpt on Brainiac I like just the fist more.

nearmint
01-09-2018, 01:14 PM
That photo pretty much confirms that the Braniac head is the EX. No reason to have a switch-out hand otherwise.

built2shred
01-09-2018, 01:15 PM
Based on that picture it looks like the swap out for the EX will be Braniac's head...

Shanesg
01-09-2018, 01:36 PM
It appears the brainiac head is the ex.

SONICobra
01-09-2018, 01:45 PM
any of you guys think brainiacs head is the ex then...?

:tongue: :flash:

GaryTonge
01-09-2018, 01:54 PM
Amazing!

Ryanbusts
01-09-2018, 01:55 PM
rejoice!!!! red boots! :buttrock:

man this cannot be anymore prefect, so stoked for this one

Yeah man!! Finally a Superman for my collection:drooling:

Demona
01-09-2018, 01:58 PM
I really like how they gave the symbol depth. Really pops. This is looking like a great statue for Supes fans!

grphyx1
01-09-2018, 02:05 PM
I really like how they gave the symbol depth. Really pops. This is looking like a great statue for Supes fans!

This is one Hawt superman. Just amazing!

JC1977
01-09-2018, 02:16 PM
Ok soon as is how soon? I need to PO this beautiful thing.

shakex
01-09-2018, 03:12 PM
Looks good. Close to ordering. I prefer this costume to the original costume with red underwear.

Shanesg
01-09-2018, 03:39 PM
any of you guys think brainiacs head is the ex then...?

:tongue: :flash:

I think it just may be the ex.

Mr.Knight
01-09-2018, 04:23 PM

Amazing!

nearmint
01-09-2018, 04:25 PM
Man, SDCC is going to be fun this year. Lots of great stuff coming up.

Ryanbusts
01-09-2018, 04:41 PM
I wonder if they are doing anything else with the belt. Looks like they can add a little detail on the yellow.

adee
01-09-2018, 04:59 PM
Think they are releasing the three of them at the same time? That would hurt.

Ryanbusts
01-09-2018, 05:29 PM

Like a band aid man, quick and painless. :laugh:

Demona
01-09-2018, 05:53 PM

If they previewed them all at the same time as a group, instagramed progress as a group, I do believe they will go up as a group. It would be a horrible tease not to. Or at least put up Wonder Woman first :D

I'm also thinking that if they charge $550 per piece, the trio is still less than the Thanos people went apesh!t to grab.

adee
01-09-2018, 06:00 PM
...if they charge 550 :laugh:

still a 450 diff

I'm only on the hook for WW so all good. :)

NorthernLadMSP
01-09-2018, 06:06 PM
If they previewed them all at the same time as a group, instagramed progress as a group, I do believe they will go up as a group. It would be a horrible tease not to. Or at least put up Wonder Woman first :D

I'm also thinking that if they charge $550 per piece, the trio is still less than the Thanos people went apesh!t to grab.

Huh? :confused:

$550 x 3 = $1,650 vs. Thanos at $1,200

Tbolt
01-09-2018, 06:15 PM
Math is haaaaaaaaard.

Also, portrait looks like Bruce Campbell to me. I do like the logo though.

majestic1
01-09-2018, 06:22 PM
Ok soon as is how soon? I need to PO this beautiful thing.

Sideshow play fast and loose with the term 'soon', this Supes could be months away from Pre-order.

They said Shieve from the COTD would be going up for order "very soon", that was 7 months ago.

NorthernLadMSP
01-09-2018, 06:24 PM
Sideshow play fast and loose with the term 'soon', this Supes could be months away from Pre-order.

They said Shieve from the COTD would be going up for order "very soon", that was 7 months ago.

:hilarious: Too true

Cali604
01-09-2018, 06:26 PM
Im hoping Superman isn't super small compared to Batman again. I need to see him displayed next to someone else asap! Liking everything else so far!

sash501
01-09-2018, 07:27 PM
Another fabric cape :(

Cali604
01-09-2018, 07:59 PM

aside from the fabric cape. Hopefully its good quality at least

StuntMan_Mike
01-09-2018, 08:12 PM

I know the feeling but look at the bright side, at least he’s not wearing PJs

built2shred
01-09-2018, 08:35 PM

They originally had that on the older Superman/Batman PF's (prototypes) but then switched to iron ons for the production versions...

aa909
01-09-2018, 08:48 PM

Full Sculpt FTW!!

Doctor Doom
01-09-2018, 10:39 PM
Looks badass!

Cali604
01-10-2018, 12:05 AM
They originally had that on the older Superman/Batman PF's (prototypes) but then switched to iron ons for the production versions...

say No to Bait and Switch!

GaryTonge
01-10-2018, 12:23 AM
Im hoping Superman isn't super small compared to Batman again. I need to see him displayed next to someone else asap! Liking everything else so far!

Agreed. As someone who still loves the OG Batman PF, Batman was larger than the other heroes. I don't mind my heroes being larger(larger than life so to speak) as long as they're comparable to each other.

Cali604
01-10-2018, 12:36 AM
Agreed. As someone who still loves the OG Batman PF, Batman was larger than the other heroes. I don't mind my heroes being larger(larger than life so to speak) as long as they're comparable to each other.

Exactly, I agree!

davi
01-10-2018, 12:51 AM
anyone have a price guess based on similar recent sideshow pieces?

Shanesg
01-10-2018, 01:09 AM
$550

davi
01-10-2018, 01:17 AM
$550

thanks! i might have to get this for anatomy reference!

AC_808
01-10-2018, 01:38 AM
Oh hell yea ....this is an exceptional statue!

Love the sculpt shown in these pics! Thanks for sharing, bicoid.

Mister H
01-10-2018, 10:14 AM

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/6500000/Bruce-Campbell-as-Ash-bruce-campbell-6537042-475-283.jpg

"Shop smart, shop S mart."

BlackestNight
01-10-2018, 06:56 PM
I know its far reaching as we already know there is a Brainiac head holding hand. But I would love an alternate portrait like the original, a "Hopeful" Head sculpt to switch out to.

I know the current head is not straight heat vision pissed but its not proud, dignified, or hopeful. It's a very untrusting, estranged Clark.

Peedi
01-10-2018, 10:26 PM
I really don’t want to like this as much as I do. I don’t characters I don’t normally follow or who aren’t my most favorite characters. It’s why I sold the last comic Superman PF. Only to potentially get the new one...

supermetroid
01-10-2018, 10:43 PM
Hope they don't change the portrait to PVC, it'd be a disaster. Can't believe SS keeps trying after failing so bad with the end result.

Onewiththeforce
01-10-2018, 11:38 PM
Any ideas what the base is going to be?

nearmint
01-10-2018, 11:50 PM
Any ideas what the base is going to be?

Not yet.

Planeswalker
01-10-2018, 11:58 PM
I love the look of this piece

jadekite22
01-11-2018, 12:02 AM
I love the look of this piece

Agreed. Even the belt design looks nice. Fittingly retro, as is the portrait, for a modern take on the character. This might make two DC preorders after Wonder Womam, price depending.

JC1977
01-11-2018, 02:35 AM
Hope they don't change the portrait to PVC, it'd be a disaster. Can't believe SS keeps trying after failing so bad with the end result.

I hope to God not. I wonder if this is something new they're doing with their pf's. They should just stick to the standard polystone heads.

Vpuik
01-11-2018, 03:24 AM
I hope to God not. I wonder if this is something new they're doing with their pf's. They should just stick to the standard polystone heads.

They've been doing it for a while

JC1977
01-11-2018, 03:35 AM
[SIZE="4"After the Gal Gadot WW PF resin face disaster, I'm a little worried also that they may go this route. I hope they just stick to a polystone sculpt for the face with this Supes PF. Plz Sideshow, don't mess this one up.[/SIZE]

Mr.Mxyzptlk
01-11-2018, 06:08 AM
Anyone else getting a Jon Hamm vibe from this Supes? I always thought he’d make the perfect older Supes (either in a live action kingdom come or Batman beyond film) love the sculpt and hamm’ness on this piece!

SONICobra
01-11-2018, 09:12 AM
Anyone else getting a Jon Hamm vibe from this Supes? I always thought he’d make the perfect older Supes (either in a live action kingdom come or Batman beyond film) love the sculpt and hamm’ness on this piece!

lol yep, i thought the same thing :thumbs2:

adee
01-11-2018, 09:23 AM
$550

That seems to be the consensus on what everyone is expecting. That's the number I was thinking too but after seeing Taarna listed at 525 I do have my doubts.

The inevitable change in discussion when the prices are listed is my least favorite part of this forum.

There will be a new poll to see how many people have changed their minds :laugh:

Mr.Knight
01-11-2018, 02:41 PM
$600+ prices are coming.

BOWEN NUT
01-11-2018, 05:07 PM
I love the look of this Superman and would really love to get it... however I've been saving all my reward points for a Flash PF... it's beginning to look like we may ever get one. I've got over $400 in rewards.

Snnnikt
01-11-2018, 05:50 PM
I love the look of this Superman and would really love to get it... however I've been saving all my reward points for a Flash PF... it's beginning to look like we may ever get one. I've got over $400 in rewards.

I bet we get one in this new line, I think they may be done with the old line.

Ryanbusts
01-11-2018, 06:03 PM
It would be cool if they did The set of 3 for 1299$

nearmint
01-11-2018, 06:11 PM

https://preview.ibb.co/mPT5gm/takeit.gif

Peedi
01-11-2018, 06:20 PM

I’d do it

BOWEN NUT
01-11-2018, 06:28 PM
I've got the original Trinity + Modern Batman.... I just like the new Superman outfit. It's not the New 52 Armor and if they have to get rid of the red briefs at least this belt with the yellow shield belt buckle breaks up the blue better than an all red belt. IMO.

Just wish they'd get that Flash out.

Indomitus
01-11-2018, 06:32 PM

This looks like a good piece except for the head. But that's just preference and not a knock on it. Better than the prior PF in my opinion.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-superman-sideshow-collectibles-300215/

COI
01-11-2018, 08:55 PM
Not a fan of the belt. Otherwise, it looks great.

GaryTonge
01-12-2018, 03:21 AM
The Trinity I'll be displaying!

https://i.imgur.com/p0ZOzdg.jpg

JC1977
01-12-2018, 03:33 AM
He's so beautiful! I'm getting anxious. When are they gonna put him up for PO?? Arrrg!!

scoobysnax
01-12-2018, 09:04 PM
i really hope this isn't too tall, I want to put him in my besta with batman

Iko Iko
01-12-2018, 10:27 PM
Nice statue but as I reiterated previously, he may be difficult to display due to the angle of where he is looking.

adee
01-12-2018, 10:34 PM
Nice statue but as I reiterated previously, he may be difficult to display due to the angle of where he is looking.

If you pair him with Lex to his left it should work nicely.

BlackestNight
01-19-2018, 05:38 PM
The trunks are back in April's issue

https://www.cbr.com/superman-red-trunks-explained/

All new redesigned costume by Jim Lee. Does this change the development of this Statue?? Now that the "no trunk" look has a finite timeline within comics.

Hope they fix this, would hate to have a Superman statue at such a large scale representing a 23 month span of comics.

Issue #1000 shaking things up.

bicoid18
01-19-2018, 06:01 PM
I was under the impression that this just was to celebrate AC #1000?

BlackestNight
01-19-2018, 06:09 PM
I was under the impression that this just was to celebrate AC #1000?

You may be right, I didn't take it that way, we won't know for sure till we see a solicit for May's Books next week.

Ryanbusts
01-19-2018, 06:10 PM
Sweet, now we know the EX will be red undies!!!

Looking forward to this piece. Been needing a 1:4 Superman for quite a while. Fabric aside.

bicoid18
01-19-2018, 06:24 PM
Sweet, now we know the EX will be red undies!!!

Looking forward to this piece. Been needing a 1:4 Superman for quite a while. Fabric aside.

Red fabric pull-up undies as the Ex to satisfy both the no mixed media and pro mixed media collectors. :laugh:

adee
01-19-2018, 07:05 PM
So much for all those guys that said the red undies are a thing of the past! lmao

Indomitus
01-19-2018, 09:40 PM
I thought part of being a superhero was wearing your undies on the outside? Kind of like a badge of courage? :thinking:

Sandy32
01-21-2018, 01:14 PM
I thought part of being a superhero was wearing your undies on the outside? Kind of like a badge of courage? :thinking:

I think you are right. Shouldn't we all have a certain amount of respect and fear of any one donning their undies on the outside? I DO!

Indomitus
01-21-2018, 11:26 PM
I think you are right. Shouldn't we all have a certain amount of respect and fear of any one donning their undies on the outside? I DO!

I know I don't mess with those guys and girls doing this in the Walmarts. :crazy:

BOWEN NUT
01-22-2018, 12:00 PM
The trunks are back in April's issue

https://www.cbr.com/superman-red-trunks-explained/

All new redesigned costume by Jim Lee. Does this change the development of this Statue?? Now that the "no trunk" look has a finite timeline within comics.

Hope they fix this, would hate to have a Superman statue at such a large scale representing a 23 month span of comics.

Issue #1000 shaking things up.

So waitaminute.... is the costume change (4th change since 2011 New 52) permanent?? One would think that SS might be given a heads up if the PF they were working on wouldn't have the correct/current costume by the release date. I for one don't see the point in purchasing a $400+ statue with a costume that a character like Superman wore for only a few months.

Iron Man's multiple armors are different of course

SONICobra
01-22-2018, 12:22 PM
So waitaminute.... is the costume change (4th change since 2011 New 52) permanent??

good question, i thought it would be a temporary one time thing in honor of the special issue but the article makes it sound like its sticking around

regardless the rebirth costume is my favorite so ill display it right next to my favorite bats costume (new52) :D

adee
01-22-2018, 12:25 PM
If SS did decide to change it I'd buy it.

Not that I think they would, jus sayin.

boibleu22
01-22-2018, 12:39 PM
regardless the rebirth costume is my favorite so ill display it right next to my favorite bats costume (new52) :D

Assuming you ever finish your custom.

BUUURRNNNNNNNN

crimsinwing1989
01-22-2018, 01:24 PM
Red fabric pull-up undies as the Ex to satisfy both the no mixed media and pro mixed media collectors. :laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:750 EX undies...would probably sell out faster than thanos ex.:laugh:

SONICobra
01-22-2018, 01:33 PM
Assuming you ever finish your custom.

BUUURRNNNNNNNN

https://i0.wp.com/gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Shocked-Batman-Cartoon.gif?ssl=1

that actually is a pretty good burn :laugh:

BOWEN NUT
01-22-2018, 03:57 PM
If the costume that this PF is wearing (Superman's Rebirth costume) isn't what he's going to be wearing in the comics... I don't see any reason for paying money for it.

Josh-a-tron
01-22-2018, 04:06 PM
If the costume that this PF is wearing (Superman's Rebirth costume) isn't what he's going to be wearing in the comics... I don't see any reason for paying money for it.

There are tons of people who spend money on alternate suits.

I mean i agree, the one reason I'm not that into this is I don't generally like Superman's rebirth suit, but, some people do.

I do like this sculpt though...such a dilemma.

crimsinwing1989
01-22-2018, 04:28 PM
There are tons of people who spend money on alternate suits.

I mean i agree, the one reason I'm not that into this is I don't generally like Superman's rebirth suit, but, some people do.

I do like this sculpt though...such a dilemma.
yea, i tend to prefer supermans alternates more than his original suit, outside of the original which suit would you prefer though the new52 or rebirth?

Josh-a-tron
01-22-2018, 04:32 PM
yea, i tend to prefer supermans alternates more than his original suit, outside of the original which suit would you prefer though the new52 or rebirth?

Rebirth, that armored look in the New52 was incredibly stupid for an invincible alien demi-god. I think Kal-El would want to be comfortable flying around considering bullets just bounce right off him.

BlackestNight
01-22-2018, 04:47 PM
good question, i thought it would be a temporary one time thing in honor of the special issue but the article makes it sound like its sticking around

Regardless the rebirth costume is my favorite so ill display it right next to my favorite bats costume (new52) :D

This is a conundrum. If they go full trunks from here on in the comics. A trunkless Clark will be remembered for two things, the New 52 Storyline and the "Man of Steel" movie Trilogy. Neither being "Rebirth"

There isn't a single Superman story that will be remembered from the New 52. A decent read but nothing will last the test of time nor effect the current character, DC F'n killed the guy! While calling him an imposter for over 8 months of comics.

The Clark we have now will always be remember for all of the pre New 52 story events that still have continuity today. There is maybe 1 or 2 stories that will be reprinted from Rebirth in the future.

In short, if his trunks are indeed back, They'll be very few pages in future omnibuses or Absolutes featuring a Supes with no trunks.

SONICobra
01-22-2018, 05:10 PM
This is a conundrum. If they go full trunks from here on in the comics. A trunkless Clark will be remembered for two things, the New 52 Storyline and the "Man of Steel" movie Trilogy. Neither being "Rebirth"

new52 suit is so different from this i would view this suit as a sideshow original before id say it reminds me of anything new52

the superman rebirth title has been pretty awesome so far though, so regardless what the future holds - trunks or no trunks - the rebirth suit will always remind me of when i started reading this book

https://i.redd.it/mnoeilmfvsbz.jpg

Mister H
01-22-2018, 05:20 PM
I don't mind that Rebirth suit. I could take or leave the red trunks.

BlackestNight
01-22-2018, 05:27 PM
i would view this suit as a sideshow original

Personally, I think this is how I will look at this Statue.

FJC
01-22-2018, 05:45 PM
Everyone has a classic option for a Supes PF so a New 52 or Rebirth costume makes perfect sense to me.

majestic1
01-23-2018, 04:46 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/2po4gg5.jpg

adee
01-23-2018, 04:56 PM
Happy to see they did full environment bases with no risers.

nearmint
01-23-2018, 05:04 PM
I want them NOW.

BlackestNight
01-23-2018, 05:06 PM
Height is interesting. Supes is much higher than this Wonder Woman, where the original WW was towering on her base. Wondering how Batman compares with these two.

Hoping Supes is next week and we get a sneak of Bats!! Maybe SS live?!

BlackestNight
01-23-2018, 05:13 PM
We also now NEED a Brainiac now! Supes is on part of his ship/droid, they would look awesome together! The detail on that base is insane SS could make a killer companion piece.

GaryTonge
01-23-2018, 05:14 PM
I like this, but not enough to switch out my original WW PF. Superman looks really cool though. Definite upgrade to the original PF.

crimsinwing1989
01-23-2018, 05:17 PM
We also now NEED a Brainiac now! Supes is on part of his ship/droid, they would look awesome together! The detail on that base is insane SS could make a killer companion piece.
brainiac on throne, haven't had any dc villains on throne yet. Personally i'd love to see a new darksied.

NorthernLadMSP
01-23-2018, 05:22 PM
My personal opinion - this new Supes 150% blows away the original in every single category.

Mister H
01-23-2018, 05:26 PM
My personal opinion - this new Supes 150% blows away the original in every single category.

Agreed. I like the first one, just can't go with the cloth.

SONICobra
01-23-2018, 05:29 PM
this is the best comic superman in any scale to date imo, the only one that could possibly rival it is the P1 hush but they have quite a bit of tweaking to do. even then its going to be around 40" tall and difficult to display

superman is the only one of the three that is a lock for me so far

BlackestNight
01-23-2018, 05:43 PM
brainiac on throne, haven't had any dc villains on throne yet. Personally i'd love to see a new darksied.

Cool idea, but a $600 Brainiac on a $600 Throne is not needed for me.

WolverineFan
01-23-2018, 05:54 PM
this is the best comic superman in any scale to date imo, the only one that could possibly rival it is the P1 hush but they have quite a bit of tweaking to do. even then its going to be around 40" tall and difficult to display

superman is the only one of the three that is a lock for me so far

I think the P1 Superman Hush is super overrated. This Superman is way better in my opinion. Its not even close in my mind

WolverineFan
01-23-2018, 05:55 PM
Cool idea, but a $600 Brainiac on a $600 Throne is not needed for me.

What about Darkseid on the throne. I think if done right, that could sell as well as Thanos. The last darkseid was a fail so this could be redemption

crimsinwing1989
01-23-2018, 06:02 PM
What about Darkseid on the throne. I think if done right, that could sell as well as Thanos. The last darkseid was a fail so this could be redemption
i think it would sell better.

SONICobra
01-23-2018, 06:11 PM
I think the P1 Superman Hush is super overrated. This Superman is way better in my opinion. Its not even close in my mind

as is i completely agree, it needs a lot of work to get it anywhere near as impressive as this. and again even then i would still prefer this do to size and costume choice personally

BlackestNight
01-23-2018, 06:15 PM
i think it would sell better.

I agree, but I like my original. It doesn't steal the show with the massive real estate of a would-be true sized Darkseid, nevermind putting him on a throne. He would be Thanos sized.

WolverineFan
01-23-2018, 06:30 PM
I agree, but I like my original. It doesn't steal the show with the massive real estate of a would-be true sized Darkseid, nevermind putting him on a throne. He would be Thanos sized.

Wow I was randomly looking at the Iron studios thread and they are doing a Darkseid on the throne 1/3. It’s in the early stages. Ivan Reis was showing a concept drawing of it. I wish it was 1/4. I had no clue when I mentioned it. That’s such a weird coincidence

crimsinwing1989
01-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Personally I'd just like a new darkseid pf, throne or no throne wouldn't make a difference to me. Knowing SS though the next darkseid will definitely be a maquette lol.

adee
01-23-2018, 06:59 PM
I do really like this one but I prefer an origin style base more than a character specific one and without the undies it's a pass for me.

nearmint
01-23-2018, 07:00 PM
I do wish the cape was sculpted, but I love the base and the EX. In fact, the base makes the EX that much more essential.

crimsinwing1989
01-23-2018, 07:04 PM
I love the fabric cape on this. Admittedly SS is starting to win me over on fabric capes.

Cali604
01-23-2018, 07:13 PM

I really like this one as well!

WolverineFan
01-23-2018, 07:17 PM
Wonder Woman isn’t a must for exclusive but Superman for me sure is. That brainiac head adds a ton of story to the statue and it just looks awesome!

Finisher
01-23-2018, 07:30 PM
I am more into female statues, but this Superman really looks cool. Well done !

brianjofa4975
01-23-2018, 08:20 PM
Per some previous posts, it sounds like the EX version will include a swap out hand holding a Brainiac head. Can someone confirm this is accurate?

Thanks!

NorthernLadMSP
01-23-2018, 08:25 PM
Per some previous posts, it sounds like the EX version will include a swap out hand holding a Brainiac head. Can someone confirm this is accurate?

Thanks!

http://www.anenglishmaninsandiego.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Image-Sideshow-Superman-Premium-Format-1024x818.jpg

CyborgHunter
01-23-2018, 08:31 PM
Definitely need the EX for that Brainiac head, it looks so bad ass.

Eky
01-23-2018, 08:39 PM
This Ex head is really nice addition and goes well with the base too.

but if you consider it part of a line with the next WW and Bat i don't know if all bases will fit together.

Maybe all bases will have light up
I can't wait to see Bat and consider a trinity or not.

darren1228
01-23-2018, 08:42 PM
Agree that the EX goes with the base. But holding a decapitated head isn’t something that I associate with Superman.

BlackestNight
01-23-2018, 08:57 PM
Agree that the EX goes with the base. But holding a decapitated head isn’t something that I associate with Superman.

Completely agree! This is a very vicious Superman, not sure they've read the Rebirth comics.

Eky
01-23-2018, 09:04 PM

it's an interesting contrast and i see this more like a stand alone piece with the Ex brainiac.

I like to imagine display and i can't see this Ex on a trinity (or more) display.

Maybe i miss something and must wait for Bat to decide.

WW ex causes less problems ^^

Mister H
01-23-2018, 09:25 PM
Isn’t he holding a Brainiac replica head? Sort of like Doom’s Doombots? If that’s the case, he’s only holding a “robot” head, not a living head.

jadekite22
01-23-2018, 09:26 PM

It might not necessarily be decapitated. Braniac's head walked on it's own and parasitically possessed Luthor in Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?

https://babblingsaboutdccomics2.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/act_583_004.png

It could also be a Braniac drone, like in this DC Direct statue.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1HmwSMejYmM/TEcC2kJ1PFI/AAAAAAAAAW0/-XZL3ZFNyzU/s1600/SMvBR.jpg

crimsinwing1989
01-23-2018, 09:36 PM

Completely agree! This is a very vicious Superman, not sure they've read the Rebirth comics.

It might not necessarily be decapitated. Braniac's head walked on it's own and parasitically possessed Luthor in Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?

https://babblingsaboutdccomics2.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/act_583_004.png

It could also be a Braniac drone, like in this DC Direct statue.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1HmwSMejYmM/TEcC2kJ1PFI/AAAAAAAAAW0/-XZL3ZFNyzU/s1600/SMvBR.jpg
Maybe brainiacs head fell off and superman just happened to pick it up. We shouldn't jump to conclusions.:)

jadekite22
01-23-2018, 10:23 PM
Maybe brainiacs head fell off and superman just happened to pick it up. We shouldn't jump to conclusions.:)

Definitely something Streaky dragged into the fortress from outside. Damn cat.

Atimantium
01-23-2018, 11:03 PM
Price guess
$650.

I’m surprised nobody is devestated by the fabric cape on this.
I think both look awesome. Excited to see Batman.

Vince_be
01-24-2018, 12:00 AM
Price guess
$650.

Actually, i don't know why exactly ...But it doesn't bother me at all on Superman...It bothers me more on Magneto than Sups...

nearmint
01-24-2018, 12:02 AM
Price guess
$650.

I’d be surprised if Supes is $100 more than WW. I think they’ll be the same price.

dechirico7
01-24-2018, 12:03 AM
http://i68.tinypic.com/2po4gg5.jpg

Oooffff they look so good.

VS1976
01-24-2018, 12:41 AM
I’d be surprised if Supes is $100 more than WW. I think they’ll be the same price.

Not when ssc priced Magneto at $750?

jadekite22
01-24-2018, 12:48 AM
Actually, i don't know why exactly ...But it doesn't bother me at all on Superman...It bothers me more on Magneto than Sups...

I generally like mixed media and posing capes. Magneto's bouncing around in the SS Live video did give me pause, maybe because I imagine a cape of his's size being more weighty, like the Iron Studios Vader's was recently.

Whomever posed it did a brilliant job though, it wouldn't deter me from purchasing the way the Supergirl PF's did with its lightness and limited poseability. I would've wanted to pose her cape dynamically floating to match her hair, but that's not possible with lack of stronger wiring.

Superman's pose would seemingly work even with the cape hanging. I wouldn't have a preference for either sculpted or fabric in this case.

jadekite22
01-24-2018, 12:54 AM

$100 more than WW seems about right. Braniac's skull base complexity reminds me of the new Deadpool (which was $650) with the translucent explosion effects. The pose would also similarly require a metal support rod.

EnShinNoi
01-24-2018, 12:55 AM
I kinda want that Superman PF and I'm not a big Superman fan. They should do another Supergirl PF and get whatever design did this.

nearmint
01-24-2018, 01:14 AM

$100 more than WW seems about right. Braniac's skull base complexity reminds me of the new Deadpool (which was $650) with the translucent explosion effects. The pose would also similarly require a metal support rod.

I don’t think Supes is any more complex than Wolverine. I still think he’ll be the same price as WW.

AC_808
01-24-2018, 01:19 AM
I don’t think Supes is any more complex than Wolverine. I still think he’ll be the same price as WW.

I do too.

I just don't see any reason why Supes would be $100 more.

GaryTonge
01-24-2018, 01:29 AM
Hey guys,

Based on the new Wonder Woman PF being 22" tall, I tried to properly scale it next to the previous PF(25.5") tall. The Batman PF is listed at 25"tall.

This is pretty rough, but I guesstimate the new Supes PF to be around 26-26.5" tall.

https://i.imgur.com/r7GLJOo.jpg

jadekite22
01-24-2018, 01:32 AM
I can see SS keeping the Trinity around the same price and having a high ES, similar to the mixed media ones, so as to maintain costs on their end and keep them available as new collectors jump into the lien with later pieces. Still, Wolverine being smaller, supported by both feet and not having any small armatures coming out his base like the Brainiac skull seems to justify him being cheaper than Supes potentially will be IMO.

jadekite22
01-24-2018, 01:34 AM
Hey guys,

Based on the new Wonder Woman PF being 22" tall, I tried to properly scale it next to the previous PF(25.5") tall. The Batman PF is listed at 25"tall.

This is pretty rough, but I guesstimate the new Supes PF to be around 26-26.5" tall.

https://i.imgur.com/r7GLJOo.jpg

Nice work. That would be a good height for him.

Das Brutah
01-24-2018, 01:38 AM
I would love to see a version this done with the classic costume. Red trunks, gold belt... This looks awesome, just not a fan of the new Supes look. I would think the classic costume appeals to more collectors/the market purchasing these statues.... am I wrong? Either way this looks amazing. Glad SS is moving away from all fabric costume.

crimsinwing1989
01-24-2018, 01:40 AM
Definitely something Streaky dragged into the fortress from outside. Damn cat.Speaking of streaky i hope SS's working on a new supergirl aswell.

AC_808
01-24-2018, 01:51 AM
Speaking of streaky i hope SS's working on a new supergirl aswell.

I wish!

With the way the new Wonder Woman PF turned out, I'd love to see SSC have another go at Supergirl.

jadekite22
01-24-2018, 01:59 AM
I wish!

With the way the new Wonder Woman PF turned out, I'd love to see SSC have another go at Supergirl.

Same, although I imagine these newer DC pieces will venture away from the Artgerm influence of the original female pieces. As folks pointed out on the recently resurrected Supergirl PF thread, Artgerm's done some of his absolute best Supergirl artwork the past year, so it's a shame we likely won't get a proper representation of that. One can hope though.

JC1977
01-24-2018, 03:47 AM
I'm just not seeing what the base is supposed to be.
I dont know much about Brainiac, but I know it has something to do with him.

majestic1
01-24-2018, 05:36 AM
I'm just not seeing what the base is supposed to be.
I dont know much about Brainiac, but I know it has something to do with him.

It's one of Braniac's Skull Drones, basically a mini version of his Skull Ship.

https://preview.ibb.co/c6YSww/Brainiac_s_Skull_Ship_002.jpg (https://ibb.co/b5qkib)

https://preview.ibb.co/bzdVib/300664_press322.jpg (https://ibb.co/dHXqib)