nyvega002
01-04-2018, 10:53 AM
Batman's Rogue gallery begins its reboot

FJC
01-04-2018, 11:02 AM
Pass. I'm done with all these revisits.

UTDWalker
01-04-2018, 11:09 AM
Looking forward to seeing this. I really want a Joker PF, the only thing putting me off is that gun. Aside from the purple it looks more like something Penguin would carry.

Maybe I’ve missed something all these years, but I don’t *get* the fish? Hoping for an incredible face sculpt.

BrandonJF
01-04-2018, 11:12 AM
I don't know why I briefly got excited when I saw an e-mail announcing "Batman's Most Nefarious Foes". What an idiot to think it would be anything other than new versions of already released characters. I guess the only shock is that one was Ivy instead of Catwoman.

Ugh. The Joker is my favorite character, but I've gotta say "no" at some point. I've got the Arkham Asylum PF, the first comic PF, a 1:2 bust, and the two P1 Jokers on order..... not to mention a couple of 1:6 Jokers and the Tweeterhead one on order.

FJC
01-04-2018, 11:15 AM
Looking forward to seeing this. I really want a Joker PF, the only thing putting me off is that gun. Aside from the purple it looks more like something Penguin would carry.

Maybe I’ve missed something all these years, but I don’t *get* the fish? Hoping for an incredible face sculpt.

Joker laughing fish story line from back in the 70's. It was a Joker story in Detective Comics (issues 475 and 476) by Steve Engleheart and Marshall Rogers. Which is funny because I'm sure this PF will look nothing like a classic 70's Joker.

SONICobra
01-04-2018, 11:15 AM
its going to take a lot to even come close to this awesomeness

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2011/08/Joker-Premium-Format-Figure-8_1314730629.jpg

adee
01-04-2018, 11:16 AM
The fish is a Joker fish.
Edit: FJC beat me to it.

Why we need another Joker when so many other Bat rogues need to be made is beyond me.

NorthernLadMSP
01-04-2018, 11:18 AM
its going to take a lot to even come close to this awesomeness

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2011/08/Joker-Premium-Format-Figure-8_1314730629.jpg

I agree 100%. However, I don't think it will take much to out-do the original Ivy and Harley.

adee
01-04-2018, 11:20 AM
I agree 100%. However, I don't think it will take much to out-do the original Ivy and Harley.

They making those again before Penguin, Riddler, Scarecrow, Freeze etc? It's gross.

NorthernLadMSP
01-04-2018, 11:21 AM
They making those again before Penguin, Riddler, Scarecrow, Freeze etc? It's gross.

I agree. I've said many times how much I want Scarecrow - and now, after getting into 'Gotham' on TV, I want a Penguin as well.

bradjk1
01-04-2018, 11:21 AM
Why we need another Joker when so many other Bat rogues need to be made is beyond me.

We don't need another Joker, but Sideshow does. Same with Harley and Ivy. They know what sells and what doesn't. They'll sell thousands of each of these PFs to new collectors as opposed to hundreds of the second-tier rogues. As always, these companies are in it for profit, not to flush out our personal collections. They're doing the same thing with Star Wars and Marvel. Every few years the main characters will be re-booted with new PF's. It's a necessary evil which will hopefully allow Sideshow to make the second and third tier characters in the future. Just buy what you like to enjoy it and don't expect any of this stuff to be worth much in the future.

adee
01-04-2018, 11:26 AM
We don't need another Joker, but Sideshow does. Same with Harley and Ivy. They know what sells and what doesn't. They'll sell thousands of each of these PFs to new collectors as opposed to hundreds of the second-tier rogues. As always, these companies are in it for profit, not to flush out our personal collections. They're doing the same thing with Marvel. Every few years the main characters will be re-booted with new PF's. Which means in the long-term the value of any of these things will be driven down. Buy what you like for the lover of the character and the statues - that's all that really matters at this point.

The rinse and repeat is getting very old. Kinda makes me not want to buy anything because I know another one is just around the corner. I think getting out of the quarter scale game is my best option. I don't need the same characters over and over in my collection.

SONICobra
01-04-2018, 11:29 AM

LOL good way of putting it :thumbs2:

im suprised they havent tackled two face or scarecrow yet, based off what theyre doing with COTD they seem like a couple characters they could have a lot of fun with. I believe Igo said one of them may be in the works currently though

bradjk1
01-04-2018, 11:31 AM
The rinse and repeat is getting very old. Kinda makes me not want to buy anything because I know another one is just around the corner. I think getting out of the quarter scale game is my best option. I don't need the same characters over and over in my collection.

I think it's become quite clear that us die-hard statue collectors are not Sideshow's core business. They thrive by finding new people to buy the latest Superman, Batman or Joker. They'll throw us a bone now and then with Bane and Killer Croc, but as you can see both of those are still readily available with low edition sizes. There just aren't enough collectors willing to spend $500 on PFs of Penguin, Two Face, Riddler, etc. So unfortunately rinse and repeat is the name of the game at this price point.

FJC
01-04-2018, 11:35 AM

I'm starting to think the same thing. Sell off all of my DC PFs and just jump on the 1/6 Tweeterhead bandwagon. It's almost the exact opposite complaints in their threads. Everyone is clamoring for them to reveal Batman while characters like the Martian Manhunter and Mr. Mxyzptlk are already previewed or up for PO.

UTDWalker
01-04-2018, 11:36 AM
Joker laughing fish story line from back in the 70's. It was a Joker story in Detective Comics (issues 475 and 476) by Steve Engleheart and Marshall Rogers. Which is funny because I'm sure this PF will look nothing like a classic 70's Joker.

Thanks, I'll have to find them and give them a read. I knew some Comic Book Oracle would know the origin. I'm a noob :D

FJC
01-04-2018, 11:59 AM
Thanks, I'll have to find them and give them a read. I knew some Comic Book Oracle would know the origin. I'm a noob :D

No worries. It's actually available as a reprint or trade paperback I believe. The original books definitely will be selling at a premium. For many, it's considered one of the best Joker stories ever told. I loved that entire Engleheart and Rogers run. It was groundbreaking stuff when it was released back in the day (in terms of both story and art).

built2shred
01-04-2018, 01:00 PM
As someone who never got the original Joker PF I'm curious to see what this one looks like... that said, I can understand the frustration from older collectors who are trying to complete their DC line of statues... but as someone pointed out, SS has done some of the less popular characters and SS is having a hard time trying to get rid of them. Although I do think if SS would of went with say Penguin and Scarecrow or Mr. Freeze instead of Croc and Cheetah they would of sold more.

Divo
01-04-2018, 01:10 PM
If revisits is the wave, I would like to see a fully sculpted, 1/4 scale raging Hulk sculpt. Hoping the work would be done by the same guy who sculpted the recent Wolverine. Yeah, I said it, but I still need one.

SONICobra
01-04-2018, 01:17 PM
Although I do think if SS would of went with say Penguin and Scarecrow or Mr. Freeze instead of Croc and Cheetah they would of sold more.

croc would have sold better if they had avoided the neck seam and thought a little less outside the box with the pose and gone with something that shows off his size. i personally really like the pose but it gives a lot of people the impression he is small but if he was standing up he would be as tall as bane

i think most bat villains would sell well due to the fact that its a. batman related and b. most of the characters are so visually interesting

FJC
01-04-2018, 05:54 PM
If revisits is the wave, I would like to see a fully sculpted, 1/4 scale raging Hulk sculpt. Hoping the work would be done by the same guy who sculpted the recent Wolverine. Yeah, I said it, but I still need one.

Me too. And a fully sculpted classic Cap. Not happy with the 1/4 releases of those 2 by any company.

Indomitus
01-04-2018, 05:56 PM
Hey look another Joker! :banghead:

Eky
01-04-2018, 07:04 PM
Hey look another Joker! :banghead:

2 in the same 12 days ! :itsb:

i guessed correctly a new harley will come sooner or later but i wasn't expecting 2 joker.

SuperJ300
01-04-2018, 07:57 PM
croc would have sold better if they had avoided the neck seam and thought a little less outside the box with the pose and gone with something that shows off his size. i personally really like the pose but it gives a lot of people the impression he is small but if he was standing up he would be as tall as bane

i think most bat villains would sell well due to the fact that its a. batman related and b. most of the characters are so visually interesting

I had a big space ready for Croc, but when I saw that he wasn't going to be standing that tall , I lost complete interest.

I'm starting to think that SS doesn't have a enough knowledge on doing other characters. So far Deathstroke that was sure to be a big hitter, SS absolutely failed on the sculpt.

I don't think they want to take the risk with Flash?? I think they are stuck on how to sculpt him?

adee
01-04-2018, 08:03 PM
I don't think it's the artists or the art direction at all. They have some of the most talented people in the world.

It's their business model that blows.

GenoToys
01-04-2018, 08:07 PM
I'm not happy that Sideshow is rehashing the DC Pf's so soon...I collect Batman/Gotham Related PF's....Have them all...But with the new teases of Bats/Joker/Harley, and No Two-face, No Mr. Freeze, No Penguin...I think I'll sell them all..and just buy them all back in a few years, or maybe not. I like completing lines..and apparently sideshow doesn't.

prototypy
01-04-2018, 08:27 PM
Who is the sculptor?

nearmint
01-04-2018, 11:59 PM

I’m showing my age, but I remember buying it off the spinner rack...

https://image.ibb.co/eqYMcG/83_BEF966_9_A39_4_B90_9_B66_75_D77_BCCE0_A8.jpg

Chrisrex82
01-05-2018, 12:05 AM
Only Joker PF I need now is Nicholson

CyborgHunter
01-05-2018, 06:59 AM

That's awesome! Thanks for the photo.

jpuli28
01-05-2018, 09:21 AM
What if its a N52 Capullo Joker with his face cut off? And the fish are Sideshows idea of homage.

Josh-a-tron
01-05-2018, 09:50 AM
What if its a N52 Capullo Joker with his face cut off? And the fish are Sideshows idea of homage.

Then money saved

Same if it's this Joker
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/batman/images/7/78/Joker_%28The_Batman%29.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110804055032

majestic1
01-05-2018, 10:01 AM
I just hope there aren't any tattoos on him, same goes for the new Harley PF.

SONICobra
01-05-2018, 10:06 AM
Then money saved

Same if it's this Joker
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/batman/images/7/78/Joker_%28The_Batman%29.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110804055032

lol i didnt like that joker design but "the batman" was actually a pretty good show, especially the first season

FJC
01-05-2018, 01:37 PM

I actually had a comic shop close to where I lived in Chicago as a kid. I picked this up off the shelf myself. This entire Englehart and Rogers run was pure magic for me as a little boy. I was just so blown away by how incredible Batman looked drawn by Marshall Rogers. No one else drew Bats that way back then. The stories and art on that run really left a big impression on me as a kid. Looks like we're both dating ourselves. :laugh:

JohnMatrix
01-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Hope the new Joker will look like this!

Mr. Nice Guy
01-05-2018, 01:39 PM
If the fish gun is any indication I'm happy I have the first PF.

Josh-a-tron
01-05-2018, 01:41 PM
If the fish gun is any indication I'm happy I have the first PF.

It's the fingerless gloves that are bugging me the most. It's just making my imagination of what the rest of the statue looks like go to a very dark place, not in a good way either.

nearmint
01-05-2018, 01:52 PM
I actually had a comic shop close to where I lived in Chicago as a kid. I picked this up off the shelf myself. This entire Englehart and Rogers run was pure magic for me as a little boy. I was just so blown away by how incredible Batman looked drawn by Marshall Rogers. No one else drew Bats that way back then. The stories and art on that run really left a big impression on me as a kid. Looks like we're both dating ourselves. :laugh:

Yep, I loved those issues, too, and the Rogers art was awesome. I remember buying a portfolio of his Batman work.

JohnMatrix
01-05-2018, 02:28 PM
http://www.mwctoys.com/images2/review_ssjoker_9.jpg

FJC
01-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Yep, I loved those issues, too, and the Rogers art was awesome. I remember buying a portfolio of his Batman work.

Nice! Can't go wrong with some Marshall Rogers Batman art. I don't really own much in the way of original art work. All I have are 4 head sketches by George Perez (HULK, Thor, Cap, and Iron Man).

nearmint
01-05-2018, 03:43 PM

Nice! Can't go wrong with some Marshall Rogers Batman art. I don't really own much in the way of original art work. All I have are 4 head sketches by George Perez (HULK, Thor, Cap, and Iron Man).

Oh, the portfolio wasn't original art. I wish it was! But it was a nice, mass produced portfolio of images...

https://preview.ibb.co/h0kKGb/portfolio.jpg

FJC
01-06-2018, 02:38 AM
Oh, the portfolio wasn't original art. I wish it was! But it was a nice, mass produced portfolio of images...

https://preview.ibb.co/h0kKGb/portfolio.jpg

Oh, I see. Still looks great. That's an AWESOME looking Batman.

UTDWalker
01-10-2018, 09:18 AM
Hoping we get some early in-progress pics on the Villains like we have with the Trinity.

majestic1
02-14-2018, 05:48 AM
https://i1.wp.com/batman-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/BatmanNewsExc.jpg

I still prefer the original Joker PF.

I'm surprised they didn't put the new Batman PF on a fun house base like these two, would have made a great themed display, he's gonna like out of place in a graveyard.

BlackestNight
02-14-2018, 06:04 AM
Had no intentions of buying a 3rd Joker PF, but there is no way I'm not getting this.

Mr. Nice Guy
02-14-2018, 06:34 AM
Happy with original PF. Congrats to those looking for this kind of Mr. J..

CyborgHunter
02-14-2018, 07:19 AM
Definitely getting! I want to see the rest of that base.

darren1228
02-14-2018, 07:28 AM
Thankfully I’m happy with my first PF. The new Joker sculpt is fantastic and the idea is completely original and cool. Still like my statues mixed media and the first version is a more “definitive” version to me.

Harley looks amazing as well. I like it better than the first version but don’t like her enough to upgrade. What a beautiful and attitude filled headsculpt.

SuperJ300
02-14-2018, 09:04 AM
Nice creative sculpts!

But I want new characters to add to my collection.

As long as SS doesn’t botch it up like Killer Croc and Deathstroke.

dechirico7
02-14-2018, 09:07 AM
Original is still the best.

Going to repeat my comment here from the Harley thread:
What are they doing? Lol
Are they dancing at a hodown?

FJC
02-14-2018, 09:18 AM
Happy with original PF. Congrats to those looking for this kind of Mr. J..

Same here. I don't need another Joker PF. That said, this one doesn't stray too much from the comic Joker I know and love. Besides some very small tweaks (knee patch, gloves, shoes), this is an easily recognizable Joker that doesn't ignore his comic roots.

ryuhayabusa6787
02-14-2018, 09:31 AM
It’s cool for what it is I guess. Suits the character. LOVE the face sculpt. I own the og and was hoping for a better quality suit as for me the og doesn’t hold up in mixed media department as my other ss statues.

This is one of the best joker head sculpts I’ve seen. Not sure about the rest of the statue.

Bill Lehecka
02-14-2018, 10:05 AM
Meh. I have my original Joker PF. It's awesomeness. I don't need another Joker PF.

prototypy
02-14-2018, 10:10 AM
Beautiful,but not epic.

SONICobra
02-14-2018, 10:15 AM
OG is still king but this looks much better than i was expecting based on the initial tease. such a cool concept and the portrait looks great

ambasah
02-14-2018, 10:24 AM
sold my 2 old ones as I am transitioning to 1:3. But I really like the creativity with this piece. may bite if the price isn't silly.

majestic1
02-14-2018, 10:39 AM

What are they doing? Lol

It does look like two nut jobs enjoying a Hoedown, he is having fun riding a fairground ride while shooting his gun in the air and that angle of Harley looks like she's doing some really bad dance moves next to him.

http://i66.tinypic.com/200tuvb.gif

crimsinwing1989
02-14-2018, 11:20 AM
Definitely getting! I want to see the rest of that base.I do hope the bases are good, a terrible base can ruin a statue i otherwise love.

crimsinwing1989
02-14-2018, 11:25 AM

What are they doing? Lol
lol harley's about to swing her mallet while joker is riding what looks to be a pogo stick. I love these poses.:laugh:

adee
02-14-2018, 11:33 AM
OG for me. I think this one is creative and all but I don't want such large props with my pieces. I much prefer the museum pose.

haljordan99
02-14-2018, 11:49 AM
I'm actually really impressed by this Joker. I sold all my DC PFs because I was tired of having shelves full of boring Captain Morgan poses. Cool that they are taking chances with the poses.

darren1228
02-14-2018, 11:50 AM
Found the EXs

Switch out head for Harley...not a fan.

Switch out hand with dynamite cake for Joker. Oh and different head.

Props to Thomascrown on ssf.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180214/9ba415dc5b0d4c1b01cca6b3fc1e55a9.jpg

aa909
02-14-2018, 11:51 AM
That’s a Great head sculpt but not sure I love the overall concept

adee
02-14-2018, 11:53 AM
The only thing I like more on this one is his hair.

SONICobra
02-14-2018, 12:08 PM
i like the switch outs, they give you some interesting display options

Commander0Zero
02-14-2018, 12:16 PM
lol harley's about to swing her mallet while joker is riding what looks to be a pogo stick. I love these poses.:laugh:

Yeah it pretty obvious. Not sure where dancing comes from for either of these statues.

Ryanbusts
02-14-2018, 12:21 PM
I like them both.

marvelboi77
02-14-2018, 12:26 PM
I really like the Joker.

crimsinwing1989
02-14-2018, 12:42 PM
Yeah it pretty obvious. Not sure where dancing comes from for either of these statues.
lol, yea i don't get it.

Vpuik
02-14-2018, 12:45 PM

I think everything other than Museum and Cpt. Morgan are considered dancing.

Ryanbusts
02-14-2018, 12:55 PM
I think it's the background that makes it feel like they are dancing. I don't see it but.... These look like 2 fantastic pieces regardless of being repeats.

BlackestNight
02-14-2018, 12:58 PM
That exclusive photo shows a second none scared joker head! Did they change it or is it a swap out?

BlackestNight
02-14-2018, 12:59 PM
That exclusive photo shows a second none scared joker head! Did they change it or is it a swap out?

Nevermind its a classic head sculpt altogether!!!

crimsinwing1989
02-14-2018, 01:07 PM
lol

bwestley13
02-14-2018, 01:16 PM

https://i.imgur.com/p4Iz0gU.gifhttps://i.imgur.com/Rjewh9q.gif

Demona
02-14-2018, 01:41 PM
SS gets serious credit for giving true, well detailed action pieces. I would have NEVER thought they would go all out and put Joked on a crazy-ass bicycle, throwing a pie/holding a fish gun.

Commander0Zero
02-14-2018, 01:47 PM
This wasn't on my radar per se but man the more i look at this Joker the more i like it. The exclusives add alot too. This and Harley have moved to strong consideration. I'll see how the ES for the EX works out and the full reveal to make any final decision.

crimsinwing1989
02-14-2018, 02:02 PM
SS gets serious credit for giving true, well detailed action pieces. I would have NEVER thought they would go all out and put Joked on a crazy-ass bicycle, throwing a pie/holding a fish gun.
lol exactly, didn't expect this at all.

BlackestNight
02-14-2018, 02:31 PM
I lliked it before he had two swaps out, now this is an even better piece with not only swap out hand/weapons but two head sculpts, wonder which part will be the exclusive.

Bill Lehecka
02-14-2018, 02:36 PM
The Joker Swap Out Head without scars looks much better. Hmm...

Vpuik
02-14-2018, 02:44 PM
I lliked it before he had two swaps out, now this is an even better piece with not only swap out hand/weapons but two head sculpts, wonder which part will be the exclusive.

The fish gun setup is in the on the preview at Batman News so I'm guessing that is the regular.

dechirico7
02-14-2018, 02:58 PM

I can see that, but it doesn't seem cohesive.
The base relates the two pieces, get it.
It is hard to explain. It looks like they would just get in each other's way.
Maybe that is what they are trying to convey, like they are crazy-clumsy.

Vracula
02-14-2018, 05:09 PM

It truly is ridiculous, but what u expect? This is sideshow, they have been torturing their marvel fanbase for longer than Dc fans.

FJC
02-14-2018, 07:37 PM
It truly is ridiculous, but what u expect? This is sideshow, they have been torturing their marvel fanbase for longer than Dc fans.

They sure have. Now they are having fun torturing both fanbases. :laugh:

BlackestNight
02-14-2018, 09:13 PM
They sure have. Now they are having fun torturing both fanbases. :laugh:

Torture?, 6 new PFs in 6 months time, the 4 we've seen so far being rediculous scuplts. All in new costumes while in action poses.

Far from torture IMO, im blown away. If we only get 2 more at SDCC, it'll still be an incredible year for DC comic PFs. All setting up secondary characters for years to come.

NorthernLadMSP
02-14-2018, 09:16 PM
He's referring to the fact every single one has been a repeat.

BlackestNight
02-14-2018, 09:19 PM

Once Batman sold out, you knew they needed to reup the foundation characters to create a jumping on point. Theyre laying that foundation in a single year, wasting no time at all.

darren1228
02-14-2018, 10:18 PM
The Joker Swap Out Head without scars looks much better. Hmm...

I actually much much prefer the head with scars. The one without looks kinda bland IMO.

AC_808
02-14-2018, 11:10 PM
Don’t know what to make of the pose, yet. Would need to see full reveal first ...of both of them.

Both portraits on Joker are pretty rad, tho.

BurningRage
02-14-2018, 11:11 PM
So if they make a Two-Face pf he’ll be in an action pose and fully sculpted to go with these?

crimsinwing1989
02-14-2018, 11:13 PM
I can see that, but it doesn't seem cohesive.
The base relates the two pieces, get it.
It is hard to explain. It looks like they would just get in each other's way.
Maybe that is what they are trying to convey, like they are crazy-clumsy.
Thats likely the case.
Once Batman sold out, you knew they needed to reup the foundation characters to create a jumping on point. Theyre laying that foundation in a single year, wasting no time at all.:goodpost:Exactly, those pf's were dated imo. After these new pf's i expect we'll start seeing the likes of 2 face, scarecrow, flash etc. honestly i hope we get a new aquaman and gl(john stewart) as well.

crimsinwing1989
02-14-2018, 11:16 PM
Don’t know what to make of the pose, yet. Would need to see full reveal first ...of both of them.

Both portraits on Joker are pretty rad, tho.
Love jokers portraits, best joker portraits i've seen.

StuntMan_Mike
02-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Great concept on this one and the sculpt looks killer to. Can’t wait to see more.

FJC
02-15-2018, 08:35 AM
Torture?, 6 new PFs in 6 months time, the 4 we've seen so far being rediculous scuplts. All in new costumes while in action poses.

Far from torture IMO, im blown away. If we only get 2 more at SDCC, it'll still be an incredible year for DC comic PFs. All setting up secondary characters for years to come.

Once Batman sold out, you knew they needed to reup the foundation characters to create a jumping on point. Theyre laying that foundation in a single year, wasting no time at all.

Pure torture. They are wasting my time with repeats and made up costumes. I need a classic Flash, Martian Man Hunter, Green Arrow, Two Face, Deathstroke, Ra's, Scarecrow, Deadshot, and Mr. Freeze. The wait alone is agonizing and now sideshow has decided to sideshowifiy or modernize all future costumes on their PFs. It feels like they're using a water board on me now.

FJC
02-15-2018, 08:40 AM
So if they make a Two-Face pf he’ll be in an action pose and fully sculpted to go with these?

Don't hold your breath on Two Face. We'll probably get another Trinity, Harley, Joker, Catwoman, and Ivy, before they even think about old Harvey.

FJC
02-15-2018, 08:47 AM
Thats likely the case.
:goodpost:Exactly, those pf's were dated imo. After these new pf's i expect we'll start seeing the likes of 2 face, scarecrow, flash etc. honestly i hope we get a new aquaman and gl(john stewart) as well.

That's a pipe dream. Ask Spidey or X-MEN fans how that's working out for them. No Doc Ock, No Vulture, No Sandman, No Cable, No Mr. Sinister, No Omega Red, etc....

All they got were rehashes. The classic Lee X-MEN line dumped with no white Storm, the classic Spidey PF and Com line rehashed to death with more Spideys, Black Cat, Green Goblin, Venom, and Carnage. There's an obvious pattern here in both the Marvel and DC licenses and it's not a good one.

crimsinwing1989
02-15-2018, 10:21 AM
That's a pipe dream. Ask Spidey or X-MEN fans how that's working out for them. No Doc Ock, No Vulture, No Sandman, No Cable, No Mr. Sinister, No Omega Red, etc....

All they got were rehashes. The classic Lee X-MEN line dumped with no white Storm, the classic Spidey PF and Com line rehashed to death with more Spideys, Black Cat, Green Goblin, Venom, and Carnage. There's an obvious pattern here in both the Marvel and DC licenses and it's not a good one.
I agree about the spidey and x-men line granted i do think well see a cable given that there is a movie coming out but otherwise i have no faith in either of those lines. However with dc/justice league/batline they've slowly but steadily been releasing new characters and practically just revamp the foundational dc characters in a few months which was sorely needed. I definitely think flash is around the corner too.

SONICobra
02-15-2018, 10:31 AM

i was wondering the same thing, i hope not... fully sculpted i could go either way, the suit on the og joker was awesome though. i see two-face as a more stoic museum pose type of character

AC_808
02-15-2018, 12:14 PM
For Two-Face, I'd like to see him standing with a gun in his left hand pointing in the direction he's looking at. With an angry visage and him flipping his coin in his right hand.

I imagine transparent resin to show the coin flipping in the air with his coin at the top of the transparent resin. Making him look like he has the viewer in his sights and he is letting his coin decide to pull the trigger or not.

EX could be a change of left hand with a different size gun ...and an even angrier face.

FJC
02-15-2018, 12:21 PM
I agree about the spidey and x-men line granted i do think well see a cable given that there is a movie coming out but otherwise i have no faith in either of those lines. However with dc/justice league/batline they've slowly but steadily been releasing new characters and practically just revamp the foundational dc characters in a few months which was sorely needed. I definitely think flash is around the corner too.

I could have done without ALL the revisits and taken a classic Flash and Martian Manhunter PF instead (among other characters). Finish off the classic Big 7 at least and then start in with the revisits.

adee
02-15-2018, 12:23 PM
For Two-Face, I'd like to see him standing with a gun in his left hand pointing in the direction he's looking at. With an angry visage and him flipping his coin in his right hand.

I imagine transparent resin to show the coin flipping in the air with his coin at the top of the transparent resin. Making him look like he has the viewer in his sights and he is letting his coin decide to pull the trigger or not.

EX could be a change of left hand with a different size gun ...and an even angrier face.

I'd buy it.

adee
02-15-2018, 12:29 PM
I could have done without ALL the revisits and taken a classic Flash and Martian Manhunter PF instead (among other characters). Finish off the classic Big 7 at least and then start in with the revisits.

I don't even mind the revisits. I'm more upset that the first line wont be continued when they only had two left to do. I wanted fabric, captain morgan poses, origin bases, the whole nine yards.

I think this Joker is really cool and looks great but the first one was magic. I realize there are many who much prefer fully sculpted, myself included, but the cut and sew on Joker makes it.

BurningRage
02-15-2018, 12:32 PM
These six revisists will sell regardless of costume choice due to the popularity of the characters but I would’ve preferred six new DC characters in classic costumes. Seems the only option now is the Tweeterhead line to get a variety of DC characters.

BurningRage
02-15-2018, 12:37 PM
I don't even mind the revisits. I'm more upset that the first line wont be continued when they only had two left to do. I wanted fabric, captain morgan poses, origin bases, the whole nine yards.

For me it doesn’t end with the seven. I want at least Green Arrow, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, The Atom, Shazam, Red Tornado and Plastic Man. A Legion of Doom to oppose them would be good too. Teen Titans would’ve been nice too.

adee
02-15-2018, 01:04 PM
For me it doesn’t end with the seven. I want at least Green Arrow, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, The Atom, Shazam, Red Tornado and Plastic Man. A Legion of Doom to oppose them would be good too. Teen Titans would’ve been nice too.

Yeah but I could have forgiven them for changing direction after the seven. Doing it before was kinda douchey.

crimsinwing1989
02-15-2018, 02:46 PM
Yeah but I could have forgiven them for changing direction after the seven. Doing it before was kinda douchey.
SS has never struck me as a company with a sense of direction lol.

COI
02-15-2018, 07:30 PM

Bonkers.

These are both wildly different from the originals, which is how you do revisits without stepping on anyone toes.

Kudos to the art direction. Will be keeping an eye on both.

COI
02-15-2018, 07:34 PM
SS has never struck me as a company with a sense of direction lol.

As far as character selection, I'm not sure.

I can't help but think it's savvy to always keep a few A-listers in the chamber to keep people on the hook.

Collectors are looking at it from their own interests obviously. Part of me is frustrated to see them basically re-do most of the DC line as the direction for the next couple of years when I'm sitting here waiting for the Flash, among others, but I'm not sure I would attribute it to lack of direction on SS's part.

crimsinwing1989
02-15-2018, 09:33 PM
As far as character selection, I'm not sure.

I can't help but think it's savvy to always keep a few A-listers in the chamber to keep people on the hook.

Collectors are looking at it from their own interests obviously. Part of me is frustrated to see them basically re-do most of the DC line as the direction for the next couple of years when I'm sitting here waiting for the Flash, among others, but I'm not sure I would attribute it to lack of direction on SS's part.
Lack of direction in the sense that money/business largely dictates what statues get made, not necessarily the direction or choices of the art director(s). Occasionally they may take a vote and throw in a wild card character, but for the most part they stick with what makes money(repeats etc). Though i suppose that would make money SS’s sense of direction.

Granted in saying that it baffles me why they haven’t made the flash, he’s arguably the 4th most popular and important member of the league and would be a huge seller. Even though i think he’s gonna be at sdcc2018 i’m surprised he hasn’t been made yet.

Lastly I Love everything SS is currently doing as i have none of the original trinity, harley, joker, ivy or the marvel pfs

COI
02-15-2018, 09:48 PM
Granted in saying that it baffles me why they haven’t made the flash, he’s arguably the 4th most popular and important member of the league and would be a huge seller. Even though i think he’s gonna be at sdcc2018 i’m surprised he hasn’t been made yet.

In a way it's surprising, but it's also not if you look at Sideshow's history. Look how long they took to make Magneto. Magneto is as much, if not more of a no-brainer than Dr Doom, Red Skull, Apocalypse, etc, and we're just getting him in 1/4 scale now.

For a less obvious example, Elektra was like the third (if I remember correctly) Marvel PF they ever made, and they didn't make a Daredevil in 1/4 until 8-9 years later.

So I'm guessing they do this in part to keep collectors on the line and invested, even though it's a tight-rope you have to walk between keeping people excited and pizzing them off.

crimsinwing1989
02-15-2018, 11:01 PM
In a way it's surprising, but it's also not if you look at Sideshow's history. Look how long they took to make Magneto. Magneto is as much, if not more of a no-brainer than Dr Doom, Red Skull, Apocalypse, etc, and we're just getting him in 1/4 scale now.

For a less obvious example, Elektra was like the third (if I remember correctly) Marvel PF they ever made, and they didn't make a Daredevil in 1/4 until 8-9 years later.

So I'm guessing they do this in part to keep collectors on the line and invested, even though it's a tight-rope you have to walk between keeping people excited and pizzing them off.
Thats likely the case, add to that the element of wonder in never revealing what statue is next and we got ourselves a SS business strategy lol. A very tight rope indeed.

crimsinwing1989
02-15-2018, 11:09 PM
Pure torture. They are wasting my time with repeats and made up costumes. I need a classic Flash, Martian Man Hunter, Green Arrow, Two Face, Deathstroke, Ra's, Scarecrow, Deadshot, and Mr. Freeze. The wait alone is agonizing and now sideshow has decided to sideshowifiy or modernize all future costumes on their PFs. It feels like they're using a water board on me now.
You may aswell sell off the old stuff and join us in the new, life will be easier.:)

FJC
02-16-2018, 02:08 AM
You may aswell sell off the old stuff and join us in the new, life will be easier.:)

No, I hate the new modernized/sideshowified costumes on most of these PFs. If I sell off my DC PFs, I'm dropping DC PFs totally and jumping on the 1/6 Tweeterhead bandwagon. They know how to do the classics and I have no doubt they will do complete lineups.

AC_808
02-16-2018, 09:57 AM
No, I hate the new modernized/sideshowified costumes on most of these PFs. If I sell off my DC PFs, I'm dropping DC PFs totally and jumping on the 1/6 Tweeterhead bandwagon. They know how to do the classics and I have no doubt they will do complete lineups.

Might not be such a bad idea. Considering 1/6 scale is cheaper, uses less space ...and Tweeterhead has nice sculpts. Even I have considered it.

CyborgHunter
02-16-2018, 06:10 PM
Just noticed the little Batman on the Jokers lapel.

NorthernLadMSP
02-16-2018, 06:18 PM
Just noticed the little Batman on the Jokers lapel.

And I just noticed the HA HA HA all over the bottom of his shoes. That's pretty crazy actually :buttrock:

loricstone
02-16-2018, 06:30 PM
Wow!! This is the first time I have seen the new Harley and Joker!

Not only am i floored by SS new art direction, but IMO this by far the best looking Joker and especially Harley I have yet to see in 1/4. Bravo SS....Bravo!!

crimsinwing1989
02-16-2018, 06:31 PM
Wow!! This is the first time I have seen the new Harley and Joker!

Not only am i floored by SS new art direction, but IMO this by far the best looking Joker and especially Harley I have yet to see in 1/4. Bravo SS....Bravo!!
I am floored that you are floored by something SS has done.

loricstone
02-16-2018, 06:35 PM
I am floored that you are floored that I am floored by something SS has done! There are many a statues SS has done that I think are exceptional!

Its just up till lately, its been few and far between.

But I absolutely enjoy their new AD. It is much more dynamic and action oriented rather than stiff like a porn star's boner!

Doctor Doom
02-16-2018, 11:59 PM
Glad to see all the positive remarks even from folks who aren’t planning on buying these now....I think they both look FANTASTIC! Can’t wait to order them.:DJsmile:

crimsinwing1989
02-17-2018, 12:30 AM
I am floored that you are floored that I am floored by something SS has done! There are many a statues SS has done that I think are exceptional!

Its just up till lately, its been few and far between.

But I absolutely enjoy their new AD. It is much more dynamic and action oriented rather than stiff like a porn star's boner!
same here.

Indomitus
02-17-2018, 11:20 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180214/9ba415dc5b0d4c1b01cca6b3fc1e55a9.jpg

Thinking outside of the box! Looks cool but I'm good with what I've got for Joker. I like the Joker head too.

dr_vasanth
02-17-2018, 11:41 PM
I REALLY like the concept..If it looks as good when SS does a detailed video reveal, I am definitely getting it!

AC_808
02-18-2018, 01:40 AM
Most definitely ...if the full reveal looks good, then I'm in. The concept looks pretty good.

khrisc
02-18-2018, 04:55 AM
I hate the creepy head on the pogo stick!!!

CyborgHunter
02-18-2018, 07:30 AM

I love the clown head on the spring rider, it's sick looking.

Eltjar
02-18-2018, 08:34 AM
I really do love every aspect of this Joker PF!

It provides all the humor-gone-wrong madness this character has to offer and looks gorgeous and dynamic while doing so.
The Sideshow Art Team did a fantastic job here!

The Ex will surely be a first day PO for me!

AC_808
02-18-2018, 01:56 PM

I love the clown head on the spring rider, it's sick looking.

That creepy clown head is totally representative of Joker's menacing side.

Submissive421
02-19-2018, 10:46 AM
I must say I like the way they both look and the poses they are fun and not boring like a museum pose. I will say that I would have a hard time replacing my Joker PF that I have already. But the Harley is freaking awesome.

adee
02-19-2018, 11:17 AM
I don't think museum poses are boring. When done right they're regal and majestic.

I like this piece a lot so far but I get more of a dio vibe from such a large prop.

I just think it's harder to display these type of pieces with other statues as they don't make as much sense.

Demona
02-19-2018, 11:23 AM
Why is everybody saying they would "need to replace" their Joker PFs? The two PFs are totally different. They have two different displays of Joker - one action, one museum.

Why not have both?!

adee
02-19-2018, 11:24 AM
There can only be one!

aa909
02-19-2018, 11:47 AM
Why is everybody saying they would "need to replace" their Joker PFs? The two PFs are totally different. They have two different displays of Joker - one action, one museum.

Why not have both?!

that was my question as well. They're different enough to keep both. Maybe people are running out of space?

adee
02-19-2018, 12:03 PM
For me it's not about having room but more that I only want one representation of a character in my collection. I don't have any doubles.

Ryanbusts
02-19-2018, 01:39 PM

Why not have both?!

From what I've gathered, there are a lot of statue collectors that don't actually read comics. Perhaps some that have, may have read a popular arc or graphic novel.
I can agree with Adee to an extent about not needing multiples of characters, but with some of my favorites, I will get multiples all day. Like Batman. Too many artists, eras, and storylines not to. Same as Wolverine- Yellow, Brown, and XForce are all musts for me, as long as the statue is good. Ther are characters that are simple for me, like Cyclops- just give me a Byrne rendition and I'm good. But there are a few I'd take multiples of.

This Joker is very different from all the others. Biggest difference being fully sculpted. I can see it clash with other pieces but can't say for sure until I see pics in people collections or con pics.

Demona
02-19-2018, 03:03 PM
For me it's not about having room but more that I only want one representation of a character in my collection. I don't have any doubles.

Well that makes sense if you have no doubles of any character. Then Joker would stand out. I'm really amazed at no doubles!

From what I've gathered, there are a lot of statue collectors that don't actually read comics. Perhaps some that have, may have read a popular arc or graphic novel.
I can agree with Adee to an extent about not needing multiples of characters, but with some of my favorites, I will get multiples all day. Like Batman. Too many artists, eras, and storylines not to. Same as Wolverine- Yellow, Brown, and XForce are all musts for me, as long as the statue is good. Ther are characters that are simple for me, like Cyclops- just give me a Byrne rendition and I'm good. But there are a few I'd take multiples of.

This Joker is very different from all the others. Biggest difference being fully sculpted. I can see it clash with other pieces but can't say for sure until I see pics in people collections or con pics.

I agree that us 3% read comics, and I'm not even sure if that's true! I have several versions of Storm (as she's my fave) and would love to get more if companies would branch out of the standard original suit.

adee
02-19-2018, 03:45 PM
Well that makes sense if you have no doubles of any character. Then Joker would stand out. I'm really amazed at no doubles!

It's not always easy and I've had to make some tough decisions but it has helped me keep things under control.

My favorite two characters above all are Silver Surfer and She Hulk.

I currently own 30+ statues and I don't own a single statue of either yet. Imagine that! :nuts:

crimsinwing1989
02-19-2018, 03:50 PM
It's not always easy and I've had to make some tough decisions but it has helped me keep things under control.

My favorite two characters above all are Silver Surfer and She Hulk.

I currently own 30+ statues and I don't own a single statue of either yet. Imagine that! :nuts:
not a fan of xm she hulk?

adee
02-19-2018, 04:01 PM
not a fan of xm she hulk?

I wasn't. I love the Byrne portrait but I didn't care for the concept. The Sideshow PF was OK too but I missed it and never wanted to pay the going rate. I also like the Hughes comiquette but couldn't get past the scale being off with my other stuff. I debate everyday if I should buy one of those but feel she'll come around again at some point. I'd love to see a Byrne Sensational version that shows her personality. Maybe a Weezi as the EX :laugh:

crimsinwing1989
02-19-2018, 07:52 PM
lol. yea a byrne she hulk would be nice, i always liked SS version but yea way to expensive now.

UTDWalker
02-20-2018, 04:09 PM
The new PF is in the background of today's live show

Indomitus
02-20-2018, 05:07 PM

Does this mean a possible quick turn to pre-order? Hopefully Sideshow considers this type of playfulness with other characters. Maybe they can stick to source material designs instead of the trend of modernism to keep collectors interest.

AC_808
02-21-2018, 03:20 AM

Oh damn ...I didn't see it. I mostly listened ...and rarely watched ...today's live show.

UTDWalker
02-21-2018, 06:26 AM
I'm really not sold on the pogo stick thing. I am weighing up this or the original PF to display with my Bane and potentially the new Batman PF.

CyborgHunter
02-21-2018, 07:03 AM
I'm really not sold on the pogo stick thing. I am weighing up this or the original PF to display with my Bane and potentially the new Batman PF.

It's not a pogo stick, it's a spring rider and the Joker looks awesome on it.

http://www.vistapoint.info/images/photos/fitness_equipments/spring_rider_b1.jpg

adee
02-21-2018, 09:51 AM
I thought it was a souped up jackhammer

SuperJ300
02-21-2018, 10:53 AM
I thought it was a souped up jackhammer

It does looks like a jackhammer, explains the cloud of smoke on the base.

There is a combo jackhammer pogo.

https://preview.ibb.co/dfoOVx/06_E01_E5_B_AEF0_46_C3_BB05_0_A04_D76_F346_B.jpg (https://ibb.co/iwAsOH)

adee
02-21-2018, 11:01 AM
Would make sense of why the floor boards are breaking on Harley's base too. I guess we shall find out very soon.

BurningRage
02-21-2018, 11:20 AM
Needs a hard hat.

SuperJ300
02-21-2018, 12:03 PM
The base looks like it’s from a fair ground, possibly Jokerland?

UTDWalker
02-21-2018, 12:27 PM
I think the 'smoke' is probably poison gas, looks similar to that of the Tweeterhead 1/6 Joker

AC_808
02-21-2018, 07:11 PM
Apparently we need more pics. We’re all guessing over here.

...good guesses tho.

nearmint
02-21-2018, 07:16 PM
I think the 'smoke' is probably poison gas, looks similar to that of the Tweeterhead 1/6 Joker

Yep, poisonous Joker gas in the sewers. Joker is jack-hammering a manhole cover to release the gas.

CyborgHunter
02-21-2018, 07:25 PM
Yep, poisonous Joker gas in the sewers. Joker is jack-hammering a manhole cover to release the gas.

Now that I know what that base is and the more I look at it I love it. It kind of reminds me of Deadpool's base. The whole statue from top to bottom is just sick & insane. Love it.

prototypy
02-21-2018, 07:35 PM
The classic potrait looks not that good.

prototypy
02-21-2018, 08:22 PM
Who sculpt this piece?

adee
02-22-2018, 02:14 PM
The sculpting of the gas on the base is excellent. I really like the look of the base.

Das Brutah
02-23-2018, 12:45 AM
What is the size and scale of this?

nearmint
02-23-2018, 01:10 AM
What is the size and scale of this?

It’s 1/4 scale, but actual measurements haven’t been announced yet.

CyborgHunter
02-23-2018, 07:02 AM
The sculpting of the gas on the base is excellent. I really like the look of the base.

So do I, but mark my word, someone will find a problem with it :rolleyes:

darren1228
02-23-2018, 07:04 AM

I agree. I wish Venom, Spider-Man, and Green Goblin’s smoke looked like this.

CyborgHunter
02-23-2018, 07:09 AM
I agree. I wish Venom, Spider-Man, and Green Goblin’s smoke looked like this.

I agree. The best smoke I've seen is on Prime One's Spiderman 2099. But now that I think of it, that represented more of a cloud effect which would have looked fantastic on Sideshow's Venom base.

Indomitus
02-23-2018, 03:47 PM
I agree. The best smoke I've seen is on Prime One's Spiderman 2099. But now that I think of it, that represented more of a cloud effect which would have looked fantastic on Sideshow's Venom base.

This statue is awesome. :DJsmile: Just sayin... :richbamf:

Das Brutah
02-24-2018, 11:37 AM
How do the sizes (scale) of this piece compare to Prime 1 Hush state sizes/scale?

SONICobra
02-24-2018, 11:39 AM
these are 1/4 scale the P1 hush pieces are 1/3 scale, quite a bit larger

SkiLLessOne
02-24-2018, 01:42 PM
Ended up canceling the TH joker yesterday in favor of this one, looking forward to official pics and preorder.

Mr. Nice Guy
02-24-2018, 08:46 PM
I love it and hate it. The portrait looks great and I really dig the details. But the fish gun...that big pogo stick...man. Really wish this wasn't the case. I never really care for the silly more juvenile attributes of some golden age concepts.

nearmint
02-24-2018, 10:08 PM
Ended up canceling the TH joker yesterday in favor of this one, looking forward to official pics and preorder.

I’m considering doing the same. Haven’t decided yet.

that big pogo stick...

I think it’s a jackhammer that he’s made look like a pogo stick.

SkiLLessOne
02-24-2018, 10:13 PM
I’m considering doing the same. Haven’t decided yet.

I think it’s a jackhammer that he’s made look like a pogo stick.

I am not normally big on action poses but after having my Prime 1 Geralt for a while I actually enjoy statues that have a movement to them as if they were frozen in time from a scene. I still need to see the Batman though they have been teasing for awhile, at least I will see that one well before the TH one since they cant seem to get their ducks in a row.

Commander0Zero
02-24-2018, 11:49 PM
Problem with me not going with the TH Joker is I have their excellent Harley. God help me I think I'm in on both Harleys and both Jokers from TH and Sideshow. Gotta think this through I was not expecting to love the Sideshow versions as much as I do.

nearmint
02-25-2018, 12:09 AM
Problem with me not going with the TH Joker is I have their excellent Harley. God help me I think I'm in on both Harleys and both Jokers from TH and Sideshow. Gotta think this through I was not expecting to love the Sideshow versions as much as I do.

Yep, I’m in the same boat. I also have the Mondo Harley coming.

CyborgHunter
03-08-2018, 07:04 PM
Pre-order date for the Joker is up.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/1125x682_previewbanner_JokerPF.jpg

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/the-joker-premium-format-figure-2/

aa909
03-08-2018, 07:37 PM
I love the head sculpts and details on this Joker. Wish the pose was more traditional but congrats to those getting this piece

Doctor Doom
03-09-2018, 10:23 AM
:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:LOVE IT!!!!!

dechirico7
03-09-2018, 10:55 AM
Just too clean for me. I still prefer the original, with the creepy portraits.

Python
03-09-2018, 11:03 AM
I'm not really the target market for this, but I have to say that it looks very cool to me...

darren1228
03-09-2018, 11:10 AM
The other head looks much better. Not interested but wicked sculpt.

SONICobra
03-09-2018, 11:10 AM
Just too clean for me. I still prefer the original, with the creepy portraits.

+1

this is a great piece but you nailed it, just doesnt have the creepy factor

dechirico7
03-09-2018, 03:58 PM
+1

this is a great piece but you nailed it, just doesnt have the creepy factor

I see this appealing more to a younger and gaming crowd. I think the sculpt and paint are great. Just isn't my Joker, lol.

adee
03-09-2018, 04:08 PM
I'm with the consensus so far. I like it, I just don't need it.

Indomitus
03-09-2018, 04:56 PM
Looks cool. No money or space for just fun pieces though. Needs to be Wow. :crazy:

wizardjones
03-09-2018, 07:08 PM
Great looking piece from the proto shots. But even if I wanted this I don't have the space for the overall sculpt. I can't wait to see in hand pictures though.

CyborgHunter
03-13-2018, 03:24 PM
Hmmm, I wanted this Joker but I don't know if I want him for $640.00. :eek:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/the-joker-premium-format-figure-get-ready-for-the-punchline/

MPCanes
03-13-2018, 03:27 PM
Absolutely loving this one. Love all the little details; the rotten wood on the clown face is going to be a hell of a thing to pull off in production - hell, the whole thing will be.

I'm in, though. Glad I dumped my original as I think this one is a ton more fun.

crimsinwing1989
03-13-2018, 03:40 PM

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/the-joker-premium-format-figure-get-ready-for-the-punchline/
I love the little details on the base and pogo stick.

CyborgHunter
03-13-2018, 03:55 PM
I love the little details on the base and pogo stick.

It is an outstanding piece, no doubt.

Bill Lehecka
03-13-2018, 04:02 PM
Happy with my original Joker PF, which I got for $300 less.

Vracula
03-13-2018, 04:16 PM
Not been this impressed with an SS release in along time. Art direction is on point for a change. This is a must have for me personally.

pokritz17
03-13-2018, 04:17 PM
640? jesus, maybe i'll just stick with Harely

Joker is bones skinny, not sure why he warrants a 640 price tag

Python
03-13-2018, 04:24 PM
I really like this. But the days of impulse buying are long gone for me with price tags this high sadly.

wizardjones
03-13-2018, 04:26 PM

To be fair, it actually looks like it actually should cost about $600.00. The level of detail in these high quality proto photos are insane. The little scuff marks on the doll face, the jack hammer, the etchings on the Joker's seat, etc. If I were a Chinese painter I would definitely feel like my job is challenging me more and more each year.
I often wonder are any of them ever just like " you want me to do what now?"

marvelboi77
03-13-2018, 04:51 PM
How are people buying these at current prices?

wizardjones
03-13-2018, 04:55 PM

I would assume that the hardcore fans are flex paying. But if you make allot of money you are likely just buying straight up just to get it out of the way.
I had to realize that allot of people might only have one hobby in their life and Statue collecting is just that for them.
But I'd image if enough people stopped purchasing these at the current price range, the whole game would change or not exist at all.
What is your opinion Marvelboi?

BrandonJF
03-13-2018, 04:56 PM
So, what's with the scarred portrait? Is that from something? If it weren't for the classic portrait, I wouldn't even consider this. I always feel like I need to get anything "Joker", but this may be where I have to draw the line (I've got the original PF, the two P1 statues pre-ordered, along with some smaller stuff). I do really like everything about it other than the regular scarred portrait. Not that the scarred portrait doesn't look good, but that seems like one of those times Sideshow did something "just because".

Big Hulk
03-13-2018, 04:58 PM
I don't see how people can continue to pay these types of prices for these statues. I make over 6 figures a year and can't afford this stuff at this price. I envy all you guys that can!

CyborgHunter
03-13-2018, 05:03 PM

Even more than Sideshow, I'd like to know how people are buying XM pieces with shipping & custom fees. Their statues should come with seeds to grow money trees in your backyard.

GaryTonge
03-13-2018, 05:19 PM
Even more than Sideshow, I'd like to know how people are buying XM pieces with shipping & custom fees. Their statues should come with seeds to grow money trees in your backyard.

It's even crazier if you live outside of the US. As a Canadian I'm paying about $1000 for any Sideshow piece and about $1500 for XM.

CyborgHunter
03-13-2018, 05:41 PM
It's even crazier if you live outside of the US. As a Canadian I'm paying about $1000 for any Sideshow piece and about $1500 for XM.

I know it is. Wow, that's insane! I guess I shouldn't be complaining and consider myself lucky.

GaryTonge
03-13-2018, 05:52 PM
I know it is. Wow, that's insane! I guess I shouldn't be complaining and consider myself lucky.

Yes. You should. Especially with your "Free Domestic Shipping". lol

Legion564
03-13-2018, 05:52 PM
In the $500 range when people were saying they were priced out I didn't get it. 640 though just isn't for me. I've paid way more for older statues but 600s for a new one is just nuts.

newe82
03-13-2018, 05:56 PM

Based on inventory levels I don’t think many people are buying. SS statues are in stock months and years after release. I don’t care as long as they keep selling prime 1. I have not seen a SS piece since Bane that has slightly tempted me to order.

NorthernLadMSP
03-13-2018, 06:12 PM
This price is absolutely ridiculous. Let me guess, the base is made up of 55 different pieces, which makes it complex?

Cali604
03-13-2018, 06:16 PM
yeah it will have a super high ES...makes no sense to be at that price

NorthernLadMSP
03-13-2018, 06:17 PM
I'll be shocked if the final production pieces have even 75% of the detail of the prototype.

Iko Iko
03-13-2018, 06:24 PM
I don't collect villains so I was already out but I feel for the folks who are fans of this and need to shell out $640! Wow! Oh well, this is the hobby these days.

BurningRage
03-13-2018, 06:43 PM
Batman will be a maquette.

GenoToys
03-13-2018, 07:06 PM
At first I didn't want a new line..but seeing that this is an action pose line..I'm pumped!

I absolutely love this Joker! Keeping my OG EX and will be getting this and Harley....I hope Sideshow continues the OG museum line and this new action/dynamic pose line :)

prototypy
03-13-2018, 07:14 PM
I am curious who sculpt it,this is the most stupid joker face that Sideshow ever did.

xploited
03-13-2018, 07:22 PM
I think the issue I'm having with this piece is that it's all base. Like the Joker feels less detailed due to it. I think that was the issue I had with early XM pieces, though they got past that recently.

VindictvePotato
03-13-2018, 08:20 PM
another pass due to pricing :banghead:. I have 0 statues ordered from Sideshow so far. Last order I placed was on March 2017 for Thanos and Jane Foster. At this point they are just an easier way to get a hold of Prime1 statues.

darren1228
03-13-2018, 08:24 PM
It looks nice but doesn’t go with my collection. The concept is super dynamic and fun but I prefer a more conservative pose and classic look. Still a fantastic job. Great to see that Sideshow increased the number of EX parts.

ambasah
03-13-2018, 08:31 PM
the paint on this thing is OUTSTANDING ! Do yourself a favour and look at the pics on a large monitor. bravo to whoever painted it.

If I could get exactly that I would gladly pay the asking price. But we all know what will happen. I will wait for inhand pics and then a deal on fb after he's released.

marvelboi77
03-13-2018, 11:11 PM
I would assume that the hardcore fans are flex paying. But if you make allot of money you are likely just buying straight up just to get it out of the way.
I had to realize that allot of people might only have one hobby in their life and Statue collecting is just that for them.
But I'd image if enough people stopped purchasing these at the current price range, the whole game would change or not exist at all.
What is your opinion Marvelboi?

I guess a sticking point for me is that right off the bat you can get non EX for about a 20 percent discount. The EX was worth it when we were talking a 60 dollar difference. But now the non EX can save me at least 100 in sales tax and shipping, add a discount Ebay price plus an EBay bucks promotion and it could be hundreds.

Plus the EX can't hold value any longer. There will be rare exceptions but for me it's wait and see for now on.

AC_808
03-14-2018, 12:20 AM
Oui Vey! The price is outrageous!

What the hell is SSC thinking?! .....I'll need to reduce that price by at least $100 before I can even consider buying.

Vracula
03-14-2018, 03:18 AM

Buying way less. I have only one statue on pre order since SDCC 2017.

nearmint
03-14-2018, 03:33 AM
Here’s a Secret Sanctuary slideshow of the new pics...

Sideshow’s New Joker PF Pics and Preorder Info (https://youtu.be/B0SPskKme0c)

prototypy
03-14-2018, 05:15 AM

Where?I can see nothing.Thank you.

marvelboi77
03-14-2018, 08:28 AM

I have 0 but there are 7 I want to buy from them. I figure I should be able to get a coupon/free shipping on 2-4 of them in the future.

adee
03-14-2018, 08:29 AM

Same here Vrac, it's the first time in over ten years I don't have a Sideshow pre order. In the past I would have Wolverine, Wonder Woman and Aspen already on flex but with the current market and the way these companies are pumping them out it made less and less sense for me to tie up my money. That coupled with the high retails and low aftermarkets from large edition sizes has left me extremely selective.

As for the pricing on Joker I wish I could say I'm shocked but I'm not. Comparatively speaking I don't know if it's that far off but the problem is they are all ridiculously priced to begin with.

nearmint
03-14-2018, 08:53 AM

Where?I can see nothing.Thank you.

Just click on the link above.

BrandonJF
03-14-2018, 03:45 PM
I have a feeling Sideshow was looking at these Prime 1 1/4 scale pieces selling ok at $750 and figured they were offering a bargain at $625-$640. If P1 got away with that, I can't say I blame them for trying. It is just amazing how much prices have soared.

adee
03-14-2018, 04:03 PM
I guess we should all feel honored that this ridiculous hobby of ours really caught on.

banner23
03-14-2018, 05:42 PM
Prime 1 1/3 scale Joker is selling for $999. So that's $360 more than Sideshow Ex. When you compared these two statues, do you think Sideshow's should still be lower or is it about the right price ?

DPmaster
03-14-2018, 06:04 PM
I would say the Sideshow piece needs to be a little lower. The P1 1/3 piece comes with extra portraits and accessories.

Incrysis
03-15-2018, 12:33 PM
I want to pull the trigger on this so bad......that price tag though.

RossMcCollector
03-15-2018, 01:13 PM
I'm personally so excited for this Joker, and I haven't felt that way in sometime for a SS piece.
I feel they are trying to be more aggressive with this line, and push the boundaries with their poses and details, and I really appreciate that.
I just hope the QC holds up when it comes to the paint in addition to thicker cast.

samhain81
03-15-2018, 01:30 PM
Looks good, but 640 good? Hell no. $500 tops.

This is no longer a case of justified pricing, this is just unjustifiable greed pure and simple.

Ryanbusts
03-15-2018, 01:42 PM
I guess we should all feel honored that this ridiculous hobby of ours really caught on.

Really? I kinda think it's starting to die. Sideshow is starting to hang themselves. I have zero PO of actual SS pieces ATM. Although I am just one collector, I am sure many more don't want to support high costs with mediocre QC (Thanos), non upfront ES, and crazy high ES, and repeated characters. They are becoming boring. Especially when other companies come out swinging and playing to the collectors. Sideshow just plays it safe with thier repetitive cash grabs and deuches on the live chats. It's a big charade not a passion. Thankfully we have the P1 and IS and XM out there so we don't have the same old 10 characters on repeat.

Sideshow changes Mags and slaps Maquette on it to charge more. P1 listens and revamps the 1:3 Superman. Same price and 2 options. It's just silly and these are just some of the things that make me call it quits for Sideshow.

Sandman585
03-15-2018, 01:50 PM
Really? I kinda think it's starting to die. Sideshow is starting to hang themselves. I have zero PO of actual SS pieces ATM. Although I am just one collector, I am sure many more don't want to support high costs with mediocre QC (Thanos), non upfront ES, and crazy high ES, and repeated characters. They are becoming boring. Especially when other companies come out swinging and playing to the collectors. Sideshow just plays it safe with thier repetitive cash grabs and deuches on the live chats. It's a big charade not a passion. Thankfully we have the P1 and IS and XM out there so we don't have the same old 10 characters on repeat.

Sideshow changes Mags and slaps Maquette on it to charge more. P1 listens and revamps the 1:3 Superman. Same price and 2 options. It's just silly and these are just some of the things that make me call it quits for Sideshow.

I agree. The QC is a mess right now with SS. I was very excited for Thumdercats but they ruined that line. I was BEYOND excited for Swamp Thing but they managed to ruin that too. Not in a good place with them currently.

adee
03-15-2018, 03:06 PM
If it wasn't a popular hobby they couldn't charge what they do.

dr_vasanth
03-15-2018, 03:18 PM
Still, I think SS is just testing the waters by pushing the limits, a lil' bit every time. I like it enough to have this in my cart, but just can't bring myself to pre-order at this price-point..

Gianco
03-15-2018, 03:46 PM
Beautiful piece, not so beautiful price. IMHO it’s $100 overpriced, should be in the $550-$575 range

Indomitus
03-15-2018, 04:40 PM
Wait. This piece is $640?

Joker laugh..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU1PnL99SaU

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/products/3004731-the-joker/lg/dc-comics-the-joker-premium-format-figure-sideshow-3004731-03.jpg

No thanks.....

nearmint
03-15-2018, 05:22 PM
With every new SS release there are complaints about cost, but there seems to be greater resistance for this one. Is $640 above a threshold that many aren't willing to pass?

SONICobra
03-15-2018, 05:25 PM
i really like the reg portrait, ex has a very "animation" vibe to it imo

candyrocket786
03-15-2018, 05:28 PM
Still, I think SS is just testing the waters by pushing the limits, a lil' bit every time. I like it enough to have this in my cart, but just can't bring myself to pre-order at this price-point..

SS thinks they're XM Studios now.

Ryanbusts
03-15-2018, 05:29 PM
If it wasn't a popular hobby they couldn't charge what they do.

I hear your point. However, besides the Thanos PO, nothing is really selling out as of late. Ironman did with an upfront ES and title but that's a long overdue rendition. ;).
The prices imo are high because they see what people are paying for XM and P1 pieces. Biggest difference is XM is filling in the gaps of wanted characters that collectors that read comics want and have wanted in 1:4 for a long time, and P1 gives quality on another level.

Despite the complaining, I do hope the QC goes up to warrant the costs. Until then, I for one will not support them by POing any piece with no determined ES especially. Just wait til aftermarket and by cheaper.
It's also the POing that makes it worse. If they had a upfront ES, POing would be great. They use it as a tactic and in the end mass produce the statue.

CyborgHunter
03-15-2018, 05:31 PM
SS thinks they're XM Studios now.

Until they get they get their sh*t together with QC they're not even close.

Thundercats-NO
03-15-2018, 05:34 PM
Have any of you bought an XM piece lately or Sideshow?

DPmaster
03-15-2018, 05:40 PM
Last Sideshow piece for me was Thanos on Throne EX. The last XM piece I got was Ironman Classic about 5-6 weeks ago but I should be getting Weapon X in the next few weeks.

Thundercats-NO
03-15-2018, 05:45 PM
And how was the QC on Thanos vs Iron Man

I assume they came out to the same price...

nearmint
03-15-2018, 05:47 PM
Have any of you bought an XM piece lately or Sideshow?

Thanos from Sideshow, Shibumi from XM. Thanos came with a paint chip on the EX portrait. Shibumi was perfect.

Thundercats-NO
03-15-2018, 05:50 PM
Thx

To be expected

Thanos = larger surface area

DPmaster
03-15-2018, 06:08 PM
My Thanos had a blob of glue between the right leg and body...basically in the waist area. Other than that, it was perfect. I did talk to Sideshow and they offered to give me a credit or return the statue. They said they checked their inventory and didn't have anything that was as good QC wise as mine. I love the statue and didn't want to return it since it was the EX so I took the credit.

The XM Ironman Classic came in perfect.

BurningRage
03-15-2018, 06:12 PM
It’s a lottery with Sideshow qc.

Gyro Zeppeli
03-15-2018, 06:27 PM
Don't like this one at all

Duanezapain
03-15-2018, 06:33 PM
I love the design and since I have no Joker in my collection was excited to get it but the price is not justified for me. I was hoping for around $500-550.

COI
03-15-2018, 06:53 PM
With every new SS release there are complaints about cost, but there seems to be greater resistance for this one. Is $640 above a threshold that many aren't willing to pass?

I think you essentially answered your own question.

Although $640 does seem particularly steep for this when you figure you can still get Bane for just $60 more.

bearmdel
03-15-2018, 07:08 PM
I remember when people complained about $500 pieces.... I sold all my sideshow PF/Maquette collection years ago and only kept Blackbeard (love pirates) and recently I got the first Jack Sparrow PF EX for $275... Now I have 2 PFs... I don't intend to have a huge collection anymore and Joker is one of my favorite characters.... It is expensive but I'm getting only 1 a year if that and it makes it easy to make 8 payments of $72 bucks a month....it's only $18 a week... I spent $80 on Starbucks last month.... I love the comic Joker and this one is to me the best one so far.

Ordered!!!