PDA

View Full Version : DC Comics Super Powers Collection General Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

GL_2814
01-04-2018, 10:12 PM
For those who are interested in the Super Powers Collection by Tweeterhead, here is a compiled list of statues that are currently in development and released for order.

#1 - Harley Quinn
#2 - Bottle City of Kandor
#3 - Mr. Mxyzptlk
#4 - Supergirl with Streaky
#5 - Joker
#6 - Bud and Lou
#7 - Wonder Woman
#8 - Superman
#9 - Martian Manhunter
#10 - Donna Troy
#11 - Catwoman

Work in Progress - confirmed by Tweeterhead via multiple sources
Batman
Batgirl
Robin
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
The Wonder Twins, Zan and Jayna w/ Gleek
Adam Strange
Aquaman
Big Barda
Black Adam
Black Canary
Cheetah
Constantine
Cyborg
Darkseid
Deadman
Deathstroke
Desaad
Doctor Fate
Etrigan
Giganta
Granny Goodness
Green Arrow
Hawkman
Huntress
Kalibak
Mr Miracle
Nightwing
Orion
Phantom Stranger
Raven
Robot Brainiac
Samurai
Scarecrow
Shazam
Silver Banshee
Spectre
Starfire
Steppenwolf
Superboy
Superboy with Krypto
Swamp Thing
The Flash
Travis Morgan as Warlord
Tyr
Wonder Girl
The Metal Men
Legion of Super-Heroes - Multiple Characters

If I missed any .... please let me know and I will update the list.

mmk123
01-04-2018, 10:56 PM
that is 30 full size statues that I am assuming will be released in 2018. Quite an impressive list.

GL_2814
01-04-2018, 11:42 PM
that is 30 full size statues that I am assuming will be released in 2018. Quite an impressive list.

According to Tweeterhead via Facebook, about 20 more statues will go up for pre-order this year.

Bob Morton
01-04-2018, 11:59 PM
Oh boy... this is not good. I am interested in the following:

(1) Batman
(2) Martian Manhunter
(3)Flash
(4) Green Lantern
(5)Mr. Miracle
(6) Orion
(7)Darkseid
(8) Dessad
(9) Kalibak
(10) Adam Strange

So 10 statues at $260? I really hope they do not look any good and I can skip them all!!

ComicJesus
01-05-2018, 12:18 AM
Mr. Miracle, Big Barda, Batman, Shazam I am definitely interested in. They should do a Deathstroke though. I’d like Watchmen too but I’m not sure that would fit with the other stuff here. Watchmen are a part of the DC universe now though. Dark Knights Metal would be really cool. I’m just thinking of a lot of stuff I know SS won’t make.

haljordan99
01-05-2018, 12:47 AM
I definitely had to sit down and write a list of all the characters I really wanted because I can’t afford the entire line. Even then my list still had 50 characters. :p

SludgesicleMan
01-05-2018, 02:13 AM
This line is going to be amazing if they get it right. I'm so excited for the Titans line.

FJC
01-05-2018, 02:55 AM
Mr. Miracle, Big Barda, Batman, Shazam I am definitely interested in. They should do a Deathstroke though. I’d like Watchmen too but I’m not sure that would fit with the other stuff here. Watchmen are a part of the DC universe now though. Dark Knights Metal would be really cool. I’m just thinking of a lot of stuff I know SS won’t make.

Deathstroke is planned. I specifically asked for him and was told he was coming.

grphyx1
01-05-2018, 08:30 AM

Watchmen is not on the table at this moment. Neither is the dark Knight metal. Far too many others in the superpowers actual line up to make

Gothamite
01-05-2018, 09:19 AM
Is Batgirl going to be in grey costume/blue cape?

grphyx1
01-05-2018, 09:32 AM
Is Batgirl going to be in grey costume/blue cape?
Gothamite this may give you a perspective on plans for BG. This response was inn the ask TH thread.

"I’ve always wanted to see a great batgirl sculpt with her purse attached to her utility belt."

Gothamite
01-05-2018, 10:27 AM
Thanks!

psecchi
01-05-2018, 06:02 PM
No Aquaman planned?

statue-man
01-09-2018, 09:59 PM
I Was just looking at the list that is in progress that's 31 statues in 1 year. Bowen designs never released more then 2 a month at any time. I don't want to see quantity over quality. I would rather see Tweeterhead take their time and put out fantastic pieces. The Superpowers Superman maquette, is the best Superman I have seen. I have seen people compare it to the Sideshow 1/4 scale superman because it is almost the same pose and the same type base. The Sideshow is way to big and wrapped in a costume, The Tweeterhead Superman is a true superior sculpt in my opinion. The second I saw it, I went to the Tweeterhead site and paid for it in full. I was done with collecting, and had sold off 98% of my collection. Seeing this piece lite that old fire, and I'm not a big fan of Supes. I can't wait for Tweeterhead next piece to be put up for order. I hope they show the Batman, work in progress soon. The Yamato Batman has caught my eye. I will wait and see, I would rather have a Tweeterhead Batman statue. I think Tweeterhead is doing a terrific job. I hope to build my collection again, at one time I had 163 Bowen statues now I have 1

Balthazar
01-10-2018, 09:05 AM
I Was just looking at the list that is in progress that's 31 statues in 1 year. Bowen designs never released more then 2 a month at any time. I don't want to see quantity over quality. I would rather see Tweeterhead take their time and put out fantastic pieces. The Superpowers Superman maquette, is the best Superman I have seen. I have sen people compare it to the Sideshow 1/4 scale superman because it is almost the same pose and the same type base. The Sideshow is way to big and wrapped in a costume, The Tweeterhead Superman is a true superior sculpt in my opinion. The second I saw it, I went to the Tweeterhead site and paid for it in full. I was done with collecting, and had sold off 98% of my collection. Seeing this piece lite that old fire, and I'm not a big fan of Supes. I can't wait for Tweeterhead next piec to be put up for order. I hope they the Batman, work in progress soon. The Yamato Batman has caught my eye.

Indee, Quality please

grphyx1
01-10-2018, 10:48 AM
I hope they the Batman, work in progress soon. The Yamato Batman has caught my eye.

The yamato matador batman? TH's Bats is gonna be sweet. I agree with you on the Superman. it is my first Superman statue.

Tweeterhead
01-10-2018, 03:06 PM
Hey There,

Just wanted to chime in and discuss the list. I don't want to scare anyone off from this collection by over saturating it.

We will definitely not be releasing more than two pieces a month...more is way to much to throw at you guys every month and honestly, a lot to keep up on. Plus out of those two pieces a month, remember that they include some of our 66 Batman pieces, New Wonder Woman TV show pieces, and a few surprises!!

We're about to do our first LIVE Facebook video showing all 11 Superpowers Pieces so far (Steppenwolf and Donna Troy are included in this 11).

The list is correct but pieces like the Metal Men, while being worked on won't be released this year and will take more than a year to release all of them!

Looking forward to giving a wide range of characters this year and then making this line YOUR line, taking ideas from your polls and moving forward.

Hope this help for those folks worried about the amount of pieces we will be releasing!

GL_2814
01-10-2018, 08:59 PM
Hey There,

Just wanted to chime in and discuss the list. I don't want to scare anyone off from this collection by over saturating it.

We will definitely not be releasing more than two pieces a month...more is way to much to throw at you guys every month and honestly, a lot to keep up on. Plus out of those two pieces a month, remember that they include some of our 66 Batman pieces, New Wonder Woman TV show pieces, and a few surprises!!

We're about to do our first LIVE Facebook video showing all 11 Superpowers Pieces so far (Steppenwolf and Donna Troy are included in this 11).

The list is correct but pieces like the Metal Men, while being worked on won't be released this year and will take more than a year to release all of them!

Looking forward to giving a wide range of characters this year and then making this line YOUR line, taking ideas from your polls and moving forward.

Hope this help for those folks worried about the amount of pieces we will be releasing!

To me, I wasn’t worried by the amount of pieces you will be releasing but providing this list was more about the diversity of characters that you are willing to produce. As a avid collector, this is awesome!!

So bring on the JLA, the Legion and Teen Titans!! Assemble the Legion of Doom .... more is better from my point of view.

Pendragon3000
01-10-2018, 11:19 PM
Hey There,

Bring Camelot 3000, Omega Men and Jack Kirby’s New Gods and I will be really happy.

jeremydmc
01-11-2018, 01:15 PM
I now have 5 of my 9 1/4 statues going to the "for sale" pile to make room for this collection. I cancelled all but 1 of my PO's for future 1/4's as well. Cannot wait to see the 11 on the live show!

Tweeterhead
01-11-2018, 02:10 PM
Hey Jeremy,

The 11 we are showing aren't all new! They are

Harley
Supergirl
Mr M
Kandor and base
Joker
Bud and Lou
Wonder Woman
Superman
Martian Manhunter
Donna Troy
Steppenwolf

The idea is really to just show you them all together so you can see what kind of a collection we are assembling.

Also, I hope to show one more piece that's not a SP piece! Hoping to at least have one version of her, if not the version with the huge cape and skirt too!

jeremydmc
01-11-2018, 02:38 PM
Hey Jeremy,

The 11 we are showing aren't all new! They are

Harley
Supergirl
Mr M
Kandor and base
Joker
Bud and Lou
Wonder Woman
Superman
Martian Manhunter
Donna Troy
Steppenwolf

The idea is really to just show you them all together so you can see what kind of a collection we are assembling.

Also, I hope to show one more piece that's not a SP piece! Hoping to at least have one version of her, if not the version with the huge cape and skirt too!

Sounds like I may be adding another PO to my list!

Augen
01-11-2018, 04:09 PM
Big Barda is on that list! I hope it is a good one, she always gets left out of various DC heroine lines.

haljordan99
01-11-2018, 05:21 PM
Has anybody ordered every statue so far?

jeremydmc
01-11-2018, 05:24 PM

I have all but Mr. M ordered. If the quality of the first one is as good as the prototypes I may add him on as well.

BurningRage
01-11-2018, 05:40 PM

I have.

haljordan99
01-11-2018, 06:56 PM
Impressive. I passed on Bud & Lou as I have no idea who they are.

Buddy Bradley
01-11-2018, 10:00 PM
I've ordered all of the Superman related statues, so I'll probably be adding Braniac and Superboy when they're available. I'm curious about which version of Superboy they'll be doing.

omigeo
01-11-2018, 10:43 PM
I hope they come up with a "silver surfer"...Well I know its a marvel line but hey, one can dream :)
Perhaps they can take this online on?

generalzodlives
01-12-2018, 09:50 AM

I have. I'm all in on this line.

Pendragon3000
01-12-2018, 10:13 AM
I think I’ll be getting all the New Gods if they do a great job with them.

FastballSpecial
01-12-2018, 04:23 PM
I need Green Lantern!

nbr3bagshotrow
01-12-2018, 04:24 PM
I need Green Lantern!
Put me down for wanting one too.

Augen
01-12-2018, 04:51 PM
I need Green Lantern!

That would be great!

Do a whole line of them, Alan, Hal, Kyle, Jon, Guy, Jessica, and then throw in the other Lantern colors characters. Where's Star Sapphire and Dex Starr?!

grphyx1
01-12-2018, 05:12 PM
That would be great!

Do a whole line of them, Alan, Hal, Kyle, Jon, Guy, Jessica, and then throw in the other Lantern colors characters. Where's Star Sapphire and Dex Starr?!

I hope we'll finally get a proper star sapphire.

FastballSpecial
01-12-2018, 05:28 PM
That would be great!

I’ll get Hal and Kyle day one.

broncofan66
01-12-2018, 05:39 PM
That would be great!

Don't forget the aliens: Kilowog, Salaak, and Tomar Re would be killer! And of course the greatest Green Lantern Sinestro.

Augen
01-17-2018, 12:01 PM
Don't forget the aliens: Kilowog, Salaak, and Tomar Re would be killer! And of course the greatest Green Lantern Sinestro.

Absolutely, more the merrier! Sinestro and Soranik!

haljordan99
01-17-2018, 12:23 PM
That would be great!

Yes to all of these! Throw in Atrocitus, Bleez, Saint Walker, and Larfleeze!

jeremydmc
01-17-2018, 12:33 PM
I would love to see these in full 1/6 statue form together.

https://i.imgur.com/0dmzVPY.jpg

nbr3bagshotrow
01-17-2018, 12:34 PM
That would be great!

Were the other Lantern colors part of the Super Powers Collection?

Malvo
01-17-2018, 12:39 PM
I just want something SS hasn't done in the 6 1/2 years it's had the DC licence, and something they'll most likely will never do......a classic line of the original 7 Justice League members. Anything above and beyond that is a bonus.

FJC
01-17-2018, 01:24 PM
I just want something SS hasn't done in the 6 1/2 years it's had the DC licence, and something they'll most likely will never do......a classic line of the original 7 Justice League members. Anything above and beyond that is a bonus.

So true. Sideshow really hung their classic JL PF customers out to dry.

Mister H
01-17-2018, 01:25 PM
Personally, I would love a Guy Gardner statue. He’s had zero love from anyone. Well overdue.

jeremydmc
01-17-2018, 01:28 PM
Were the other Lantern colors part of the Super Powers Collection?

Sinestro for sure, Star Sapphire....maybe. Probably none of the others though since they were introduced far later.

Malvo
01-17-2018, 01:37 PM
So true. Sideshow really hung their classic JL PF customers out to dry.

Myself included. Tweeterhead has had this licence for about 6 months and they've already put 3 of the original 7 members up for pre-order with Batman, the Flash, and the Green Lantern all scheduled for release before the end of the year. And I imagine Aquaman won't be far behind. If you like fully sculpted and don't mind 1/6 scale, they're the only way to go at this point.

BOWEN NUT
01-17-2018, 02:00 PM
I'd like to think Tweeterhead is gonna due an Aquaman.... but since it isn't confirmed and nothing has been mentioned I hold my doubts for the Original 7 JLA. :(

haljordan99
01-17-2018, 02:17 PM
I'd like to think Tweeterhead is gonna due an Aquaman.... but since it isn't confirmed and nothing has been mentioned I hold my doubts for the Original 7 JLA. :(

Have faith! I'm willing to bet they finish the original 7 before Sideshow does...and they've had 5 or 6 years to do it already.

Jack's Username
01-17-2018, 02:20 PM
Personally, I would love a Guy Gardner statue. He’s had zero love from anyone. Well overdue.

Seconded. I hope to be able to put together a JLI display from this line.

Philintheblank
01-17-2018, 03:08 PM

We've got years to go, hopefully. Plenty of time. If this is going to turn into DC's Bowen like they hope it will, we've got many more releases to be announced. I think the original JLA is a given.

FJC
01-17-2018, 03:21 PM
We have no reason to doubt Tweeter. I have no fear that a Big 7 original lineup will not happen. Hell, we already have Martian Manhunter and he's arguably the least known Big 7 member. Not to mention some of the other lesser known DC characters Tweeter already has in the works. Has any other company already released a Donna Troy, Steppenwolf, or Mr. Mxyzptlk statue? I think we are in good hands with Tweeter.

grphyx1
01-17-2018, 03:22 PM
Well he is part of the kenner superpowers line so pretty safe bet he'll be done. That and the fact that he has one of the best costume out there (deathstroke beats him in that dept.).

FJC
01-17-2018, 03:28 PM
Myself included. Tweeterhead has had this licence for about 6 months and they've already put 3 of the original 7 members up for pre-order with Batman, the Flash, and the Green Lantern all scheduled for release before the end of the year. And I imagine Aquaman won't be far behind. If you like fully sculpted and don't mind 1/6 scale, they're the only way to go at this point.

Yeah, sideshow has me raging right now. I bought their first 5 JL PFs. Just need a Flash and Martian Manhunter to finish off the 7 original members. Who knows if they'll make them, and if they do, I dread to think what sideshowified costumes they will be wearing.

FJC
01-17-2018, 03:31 PM
Well he is part of the kenner superpowers line so pretty safe bet he'll be done. That and the fact that he has one of the best costume out there (deathstroke beats him in that dept.).

Geez, if Tweeter nails a classic Perez Deathstroke, one of my dreams will have come true.

SludgesicleMan
01-17-2018, 07:24 PM
Geez, if Tweeter nails a classic Perez Deathstroke, one of my dreams will have come true.

It will probably instantly be my favorite statue ever produced.

Shoo
01-17-2018, 07:39 PM

I don't understand how you can doubt they're going to do Aquaman. And here's why:

Has any other company already released a Donna Troy, Steppenwolf, or Mr. Mxyzptlk statue? I think we are in good hands with Tweeter.

A Mr. Mxyzptlk statue! Come on, how on earth are they not going to do Aquaman? ;-)

BurningRage
01-17-2018, 07:53 PM
I wonder if they’ll continue to make lessor known characters if sales aren’t good.

statue-man
01-17-2018, 08:56 PM
With all these heroes, we need some bad guys

Brainiac, Luthor, and Darkseid to name a few. Maybe the Legion of Doom

https://i.imgur.com/AUImQG2.jpg

bwestley13
01-17-2018, 10:01 PM
I wonder if they’ll continue to make lessor known characters if sales aren’t good.

They have always gone more for niche/cult items. Pieces like Mr Mxyzptlk are slated with an edition size of 250. Even more popular figures like Joker, Harley Quinn and Wonder Woman have been announced to have only 1500 reg and 500 EX.

As long as they are able to sell every that they make, they are doing well. If you see someone selling something for 30% off, they are not losing money on it, that is under still under standard mark up for a third party. Hopefully they will keep up with the great Black Friday deals.

Hellboy
01-18-2018, 03:22 AM
What Tweeterhead is currently putting together with their Super Powers line is really a dream come true for me. Since I started collecting I always hoped we’d see a company do what Bowen did for Marvel but with DC. Great character diversity and a price/scale that allows one to collect a wide assortment of heroes/villains without breaking the bank or needing an addition built onto their home to display it.

Based on the list posted it’s looking like I’m in for at least 19 pieces. I need to free up some serious room. It’s exciting to be in on the ground floor with this.

Buddy Bradley
01-18-2018, 10:18 AM
With all these heroes, we need some bad guys

Brainiac, Luthor, and Darkseid to name a few. Maybe the Legion of Doom

https://i.imgur.com/AUImQG2.jpg
They did say a robot Brainiac would be coming.

haljordan99
01-19-2018, 02:09 PM
Man I'm ready for HQ to get here so I can start my collection. I hope we get to a point where we're getting a statue every month!

jadekite22
01-19-2018, 02:29 PM
Man I'm ready for HQ to get here so I can start my collection. I hope we get to a point where we're getting a statue every month!

Sounds like I'm moving into my storage unit.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l2JedkI7eoVZ4HbOM/giphy.gif

Mister H
01-19-2018, 05:06 PM
Sounds like I'm moving into my storage unit.

Sounds like I'm moving in with my brother.
https://media.giphy.com/media/yrFrXTTTcHIY0/giphy.gif

statue-man
01-21-2018, 09:11 PM
I wish they would just show a sketch of the Batman statues!

AlexT
01-22-2018, 01:32 PM

+1

FastballSpecial
01-22-2018, 06:35 PM

Yea I’m eager to see Batman and Green Lantern the most.

Philintheblank
01-22-2018, 10:55 PM
https://i.imgur.com/mWmwpav.jpg

from their facebook page.

...not really

=N=
01-24-2018, 11:24 PM
They already have my $ for Supes.
I keep eyeing the martian, Crazy tempted .
Waiting to see Lantern, Want a good Lantern.
Want Shazam. Want Mr Miracle & Barda Want others also, We will see :}
Wish they made .....a little obscure,... but .... : https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/youngjustice/images/3/3f/Plastic_Man.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/310?cb=20130321173113:P balanced with some seriousness

SludgesicleMan
01-25-2018, 06:27 PM
Mr. Miracle and Big Barda will be buys for me.

ObsidiansReveal
01-25-2018, 10:28 PM
I'm REALLY excited about Legion of Super-Heroes statues!! Dream comer true for me!

haljordan99
01-26-2018, 07:07 PM
Tweeterhead just asked on FB which Starfire people prefer. So go vote if you're on there.

https://scontent-dft4-3.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26993497_1687239558004544_3615279392357793773_n.jpg?oh=85edf39bf0de0749735ca9f9401586e5&oe=5ADEBEE9

Malvo
01-26-2018, 08:46 PM
Tweeterhead just asked on FB which Starfire people prefer. So go vote if you're on there.

https://scontent-dft4-3.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26993497_1687239558004544_3615279392357793773_n.jpg?oh=85edf39bf0de0749735ca9f9401586e5&oe=5ADEBEE9

It's close with the classic Perez version [A] up by 11 votes so far.

haljordan99
01-26-2018, 09:54 PM
I don’t care which costume they use, but if A wins I hope they include a second head. That hairdo is so outdated.

marvelboi77
01-26-2018, 10:18 PM
I voted for A just now.. I'm shocked B got so many votes. The post has 115 comments so far and I can guarantee you that 20 Percent of those people have not even bought any yet. I have pre ordered Supergirl and Wonder Woman direct from Tweeterhead, customers votes should count more...

Augen
01-26-2018, 10:42 PM
I voted for A just now.. I'm shocked B got so many votes. The post has 115 comments so far and I can guarantee you that 20 Percent of those people have not even bought any yet. I have pre ordered Supergirl and Wonder Woman direct from Tweeterhead, customers votes should count more...

I didn't vote because I don't see me buying it, but if I had to choose B would be my preference. Then again with Supergirl they went retro and I don't like that costume was I understand my personal biases here.

Malvo
01-26-2018, 11:00 PM
I thought the primary focus of this line was to produce classic characters from the 80's. Seems to me a 1980 Starfire based on the artwork of George Perez fits that description to a T.

JP Sarri
01-26-2018, 11:33 PM
Classic!

ObsidiansReveal
01-27-2018, 12:28 AM
How odd...I mean, the Perez Starfire IS the Super Powers era Starfire. Don't tell me they're already going off the rails with this line...

Josh-a-tron
01-27-2018, 12:45 AM
How odd...I mean, the Perez Starfire IS the Super Powers era Starfire. Don't tell me they're already going off the rails with this line...

I don't think these are necessarily Super Powers Era based, more over just "classic" renditions. Which either Starfire Costume could be.

ObsidiansReveal
01-27-2018, 12:48 AM
And I thought these were all being based On Jose Garcia Lopez's designs, which are based on his style guide art. But they want to insert a Michael Turner version into the mix suddenly?? Should I just stop collecting these?

ObsidiansReveal
01-27-2018, 12:49 AM
Turner's Starfire is not classic, however. And this is literally called the Super Powers line.

haljordan99
01-27-2018, 12:50 AM
I thought the primary focus of this line was to produce classic characters from the 80's.

The first character in the line didn’t even exist in the 80s.

Turner's Starfire is not classic, however. And this is literally called the Super Powers line.

I think the name is meant as an homage, doesn’t necessarily mean we won’t get modern characters.

ObsidiansReveal
01-27-2018, 12:54 AM
They weren't going to omit Harley, c'mon. But Starfire did exist then, and there is a Super Powers version of her, the classic one.

ObsidiansReveal
01-27-2018, 12:57 AM
And if the Titans are being done with Donna in her classic duds, from a design by Garcia-Lopez, then a Turner Starfire is going to look awfully funny alongside it.

BrandonJF
01-27-2018, 01:05 AM
The first character in the line didn’t even exist in the 80s.

I think the name is meant as an homage, doesn’t necessarily mean we won’t get modern characters.

Exactly - I have never been under the impression that this line was meant to represent the 80s look of characters. The branding is confusing, sure, but like you said - the first character didn't even exist... or Bud and Lou.

And I doubt we'd actually get a "Turner" Starfire. It's a choice of costumes/hair. I really don't think I'd prefer that 80s hair.

Punisher_
01-27-2018, 01:11 AM
BBBBBBBBBBBBBB

ObsidiansReveal
01-27-2018, 01:23 AM
If Garcia Lopez does the sketches he can tweak the hair, but keep the original costume (which is a better design, frankly). But I don't see the point in doing a classic look line (which even Harley fulfills, in her original duds) and then to go off the rails and just do looks from whatever era. It's pointless to collect series of characters if they're going to not work together.

Hellboy
01-27-2018, 02:28 AM
Tweeterhead has already stated the ‘Super Powers’ moniker is simply being used to illustrate the broad approach the line is taking with the DC Universe. It is not confined to any one artist, style or era and you’re likely to see multiple versions of popular characters.

bwestley13
01-27-2018, 09:22 AM
I would prefer an Adam Hughes Starfire to either Perez or Turner. She should be a sexier character.

I don't think Tweeterhead knows where they want to go with this line. Superman, Wonder Woman, Harley and Joker are done in a modern designs with classic looks. Mxyzptlk, Supergirl, Steppenwolf, Martian Manhunter, and Donna Troy all look like complete throwbacks.

Harley is the only one that I have ordered so far. I dislike the super tall bases on these 1:6 scale pieces more than anything.

jadekite22
01-27-2018, 09:58 AM
The two Starfire costumes aren't really that different and I agree they made it clear the Super Powers title isn't an obligation to represent the costumes from that era. I imagine we'll eventually have multiple Batmans, as the villains so far have a less comic-stylized look than the Superman and Wonder Woman, for example.

As much as I love Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez's artwork, his designs have just been sketches so far. The sculptors, such as Jack Matthews on Supergirl, are already taking liberties/putting their personal touch on the portraits, so it's unrealistic to expect the line to look like the 80s style guides.

Still, TH's sculpting talent is impeccably curated and, considering Martian Manhunter and Superman look fine together despite Matt Black and Paul Harding's almost opposing styles, I wouldn't be worried about the line not jelling.

JP Sarri
01-27-2018, 09:59 AM
I would prefer an Adam Hughes Starfire to either Perez or Turner. She should be a sexier character.

I don't think Tweeterhead knows where they want to go with this line. Superman, Wonder Woman, Harley and Joker are done in a modern designs with classic looks. Mxyzptlk, Supergirl, Steppenwolf, Martian Manhunter, and Donna Troy all look like complete throwbacks.

Harley is the only one that I have ordered so far. I dislike the super tall bases on these 1:6 scale pieces more than anything.

Personally I don't see a problem with this. It reminds me of what Bowen did with its Marvel license. Mixing and releasing classic and modern versions throughout various phases. I like it!

JP Sarri
01-27-2018, 10:00 AM
The two Starfire costumes aren't really that different and I agree they made it clear the Super Powers title isn't an obligation to represent the costumes from that era. I imagine we'll eventually have multiple Batmans, as the villains so far have a less comic-stylized look than the Superman and Wonder Woman, for example.

As much as I love Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez's artwork, his designs have just been sketches so far. The sculptors, such Jack Matthews on Supergirl, are already taking liberties/putting their personal touch on the portraits, so it's unrealistic to expect the line to look like the 80s style guides.

Still, TH's sculpting talent is impeccably curated and, considering Martian Manhunter and Superman look fine despite Matt Black and Paul Harding's almost opposing styles, I wouldn't be worried about the line not jelling.

:iagree:

Hellboy
01-27-2018, 11:24 AM
Personally I don't see a problem with this. It reminds me of what Bowen did with its Marvel license. Mixing and releasing classic and modern versions throughout various phases. I like it!

Somebody gets it. :thumbs2:

JP Sarri
01-27-2018, 11:50 AM
Somebody gets it. :thumbs2:

It is a smart business model. It worked for Randy like a charm.

Hellboy
01-27-2018, 11:59 AM
It is a smart business model. It worked for Randy like a charm.

Yep, and Chad has stated they’d like to emulate that model. They’re off to a great start I’d say.

BrandonJF
01-27-2018, 12:19 PM

I don't think any look like "throwbacks", unless you're just talking about the costume (in which case I think your issue only applies to Supergirl/Steppenwolf/Donna Troy").

Tweeterhead does not seem to be emulating any specific artist. Even when a design is by Garcia-Lopez, it's not like I could look at the statue and go "That's Garcia-Lopez." (kind of like how Sideshow had an Adam Hughes line that went with his concepts and then made the portraits not really look like Hughes' art)

There is no way we have a chance of getting a "Michael Turner" Starfire. We'd get a Starfire in that costume, but it's not going to look like Turner's art.

As others have pointed out, Bowen seems like the more appropriate model. I don't have any Bowen statues (and I have almost every Spider-Man villain and a couple of Spideys) where I would say they represent any particular artist. I could probably spot a "Bowen" statue out of a line-up, though.

Primus
01-27-2018, 01:57 PM
I think a lot of people are missing one simple point with all the nit picking speculations and doubts. And that is that finally collectors like myself and others can finally have a Dc universe of characters in statue form all in the same style and size range (whatever range that is dosent really matter to me, 1/6 or slightly bigger or smaller than 1/6 is irrelevant) as they will all look good together, and with more Heros and villains that have never been done before by anyone. No more will I have to suffer threw the so tired retreading of the same old Dc. Characters by other companies! Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Harly Quinn, Cat Woman, Poison ivy... rinse and repeat endlessly...oh and Batman again just caus ya know it’s Batman! I for one haven’t been excited about a line of statues like this in a long time, and while I have no problem with others raising there concerns and opinions about this line and company,(in fact it’s why I come here to learn things) I for one am just glad we have this line to speculate and nitpick about. Just saying!

FastballSpecial
01-27-2018, 02:33 PM
Let’s see Batman and Green Lantern already!

built2shred
01-27-2018, 02:52 PM
This line does look awesome... keep in mind that XM has a global license to do 1/6 DC statues so you might be able to mix and match some of their statues with Tweeterheads to get the look you want... Maybe :)

Philintheblank
01-27-2018, 02:57 PM
I don't mind a mix of eras at all. As long as we get a modern-ish version on the bigger characters if they go retro. ...I'm not really interested in a cape and dress version of Catwoman.

^Should be interesting to see how XM stacks up against this line...

JP Sarri
01-27-2018, 03:12 PM
I think a lot of people are missing one simple point with all the nit picking speculations and doubts. And that is that finally collectors like myself and others can finally have a Dc universe of characters in statue form all in the same style and size range (whatever range that is dosent really matter to me, 1/6 or slightly bigger or smaller than 1/6 is irrelevant) as they will all look good together, and with more Heros and villains that have never been done before by anyone. No more will I have to suffer threw the so tired retreading of the same old Dc. Characters by other companies! Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Harly Quinn, Cat Woman, Poison ivy... rinse and repeat endlessly...oh and Batman again just caus ya know it’s Batman! I for one haven’t been excited about a line of statues like this in a long time, and while I have no problem with others raising there concerns and opinions about this line and company,(in fact it’s why I come here to learn things) I for one am just glad we have this line to speculate and nitpick about. Just saying!

Totally. For years, people asked Randy to aquire the DC license. Unfortunately, the powers that be did not let it happen. And although no one knows the future, it is good to see a company finally taking the plunge. You never know, this may be the next best thing. Time will tell.

haljordan99
01-27-2018, 04:54 PM
^Should be interesting to see how XM stacks up against this line...

I forgot XM even had the license since they’re doing nothing with it. They originally announced the DC license in October 2016 and then announced it was 1/6 in July. Six months later and still nothing.

Hellboy
01-27-2018, 07:06 PM
I forgot XM even had the license since they’re doing nothing with it. They originally announced the DC license in October 2016 and then announced it was 1/6 in July. Six months later and still nothing.

If it’s anything like their 1:4 scale license we won’t be seeing traditional interpretations of the characters we know but instead elseworlds type themes ala Samurai Batman/Joker.

Punisher_
01-27-2018, 11:41 PM
If XM Studios does make a1/6 DC line they will probably be like 400 bucks.

jadekite22
01-27-2018, 11:53 PM
If XM Studios does make a1/6 DC line they will probably be like 400 bucks.

Pretty close, if their pricing (the blame for which could equally fall on HMO) for the HX sixth scale Avengers line is any indication. I liked that line more than Sideshow's 1:5 Avengers Assemble one, but both are priced around the same as what a PF used to cost from what I remember seeing on BBTS and eBay.

JP Sarri
01-28-2018, 12:17 AM
Too rich for my blood. The max I'm willing to pay for newly released 1/6 pieces is $300. Not interested beyond that. I rather pay the mortgage.

neomatrix99
01-28-2018, 12:29 AM
with 3D printing there are plenty of companies out there now

Bob Morton
01-28-2018, 01:17 AM
XM's style is not comics booky, it is highly detailed and realistic looking. I personally live the comic book look of Tweeterhead and Bowen. I don't like the XM and Prime One detailed statues. I am sure there are lots of people with me on this one.

jadekite22
01-28-2018, 01:35 AM
XM's style is not comics booky, it is highly detailed and realistic looking. I personally live the comic book look of Tweeterhead and Bowen. I don't like the XM and Prime One detailed statues. I am sure there are lots of people with me on this one.

XM doesn't really have a singular style yet, but I also wouldn't expect that from a company that assigns one individual sculptor per piece compared to Sideshow, which assigns entire teams of sculptors per piece. Tweeterhead and Bowen have strong creative direction and master painters like David Fisher that have helped define the style up the Super Powers line, but that's also due to the TH's kitschy subject matter and Bowen's appreciation for simplicity, even when doing characters in their modern costumes. XM has realistic (Cable) and Bowen-esque (Thor) pieces, both of which are very assured efforts, as are TH's Classic comic Batman pieces compared to their '66 television series ones. I wouldn't classify any company really, with obvious exceptions like Electric Tiki or Tsume, by one set of strengths.

built2shred
01-28-2018, 04:57 AM
If it’s anything like their 1:4 scale license we won’t be seeing traditional interpretations of the characters we know but instead elseworlds type themes ala Samurai Batman/Joker.

They said it's a comic book license unlike their 1:4 which had to be Asian theme in design... but XM does take liberties when it comes to comic book outfits, so I'm not really sure what to expect from them... should be interesting..

As for price, since it's a global license companies like BBTS and Secret Compass can buy them for wholesale where as before they had to pay retail and add their profits on top of that..

JP Sarri
01-28-2018, 09:38 AM
XM doesn't really have a singular style yet, but I also wouldn't expect that from a company that assigns one individual sculptor per piece compared to Sideshow, which assigns entire teams of sculptors per piece. Tweeterhead and Bowen have strong creative direction and master painters like David Fisher that have helped define the style up the Super Powers line, but that's also due to the TH's kitschy subject matter and Bowen's appreciation for simplicity, even when doing characters in their modern costumes. XM has realistic (Cable) and Bowen-esque (Thor) pieces, both of which are very assured efforts, as are TH's Classic comic Batman pieces compared to their '66 television series ones. I wouldn't classify any company really, with obvious exceptions like Electric Tiki or Tsume, by one set of strengths.

Excellent observations. I like XM, don't get me wrong. Many of its statues are gorgeous pieces of art, sculpted and painted by very talented people. Quality, content, packaging, attention to detail and customer service interaction are also unmatched. However, I am a simple man. I love comic book accuracy and a "less is more" approach. Space and value are also at the top of my list. As someone who has been collecting for many years and has seen the industry moving back and forth, I know that I am not alone on this. Many collectors feel the same way as I do.

Tweeterhead is taping into a big part of the market that was left unattended after the departure of Bowen Designs. Yes, other companies have attempted to take the mantle with various degrees of success, but no one has been able to reproduce Bowen's magic. As of now, Tweeterhead appears to have the right approach, and it is marvelous to see people getting excited for smaller scale pieces again. Only time can tell but for now, I am very glad.

Golden_Griffin
01-28-2018, 10:21 AM
Thinking Tweeterhead's Superman is VERY similar to the Sideshow Premium Format Figure. Base, stance, cape. It's like he took a step and looked the other way.

Philintheblank
01-28-2018, 03:42 PM

TH ruined the moment...I know I wouldn't want to launch another 1/6 DC line right now.

statue-man
01-29-2018, 04:58 PM
I think Power Girl needs consideration to go along side Supergirl and the Huntress.

nbr3bagshotrow
01-29-2018, 05:26 PM
Rumor has it Tweeterhead was supposed to get the US DC license and is dealing with DC giving XM a license too.

haljordan99
01-29-2018, 06:42 PM
Rumor has it Tweeterhead was supposed to get the US DC license and is dealing with DC giving XM a license too.

There’s also a rumor that a certain company blocked XM from getting the 1:4 DC license. XM might not be able to make any DC characters!

Augen
01-29-2018, 08:21 PM
I think Power Girl needs consideration to go along side Supergirl and the Huntress.
I'd love that.

Be a day one buy for me.

statue-man
02-04-2018, 01:09 AM
I think people who think Tweeterhead statues are going to match with Bowen designs size are going to be surprised. Bowen's were advertised at 1/6 scale but were really 1/7 to 1/8 scale. I just picked up the Yamato Batman statue 1/6 scale and it is 14 inches tall, and that's just the Batman Figure. I think Tweeterhead will come in about 13 to 14 inches tall excepy maybe the ladies which will probably be in the 12 inch to 12 1/2. This is my own opinion.

nbr3bagshotrow
02-04-2018, 01:59 PM
I think people who think Tweeterhead statues are going to match with Bowen designs size are going to be surprised. Bowen's were advertised at 1/6 scale but were really 1/7 to 1/8 scale. I just picked up the Yamato Batman statue 1/6 scale and it is 14 inches tall, and that's just the Batman Figure. I think Tweeterhead will come in about 13 to 14 inches tall excepy maybe the ladies which will probably be in the 12 inch to 12 1/2. This is my own opinion.
Nope. You are right on. Tweeterhead pieces are 1/6 scale and won't match up with Bowens. But who displays DC with Marvel. Ok some might but I won't so the Tweeterhead will look great on their own.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=163304

Buddy Bradley
02-04-2018, 03:26 PM
I'd love that.

Be a day one buy for me.
Same here. I'm primarily a Superman collector, so I'd love to be able to put together a 1/6 scale Superman family.

SludgesicleMan
02-06-2018, 10:19 PM
Do we have a schedule of the next few DC Superpower Statues in order of their release?

Donna Troy, Steppenwolf, then Starfire?

statue-man
02-06-2018, 10:53 PM
Still waiting on any update on BATS!

dugabrams
02-17-2018, 03:21 PM
Still waiting on any update on BATS!

Me too.

Like what is see from Tweeterhead so far. But Bats will make or break my entire purchasing decision on wether or not I will collect the entire Tweeterhead JL or none at all.

FJC
02-17-2018, 05:45 PM
Me too.

Like what is see from Tweeterhead so far. But Bats will make or break my entire purchasing decision on wether or not I will collect the entire Tweeterhead JL or none at all.

Yep, that's why every company should start with Batman as their first statue. He's like a gateway drug to more statues. :laugh:

SkiLLessOne
02-19-2018, 03:09 PM
Just got ANOTHER delay for Joker, now May-June.

Dam_Beaver
02-27-2018, 06:20 PM
I was just wondering. Does anybody know, if the statues of the Super Powers line actually got a specific edition size. Because, so far I couldnt find any information on that. In an unboxing of the Harley Quinn one, I've heard that there were 2 edition size informations. One said: It would be 300, the other 350. :D

bwestley13
02-27-2018, 07:06 PM
I was just wondering. Does anybody know, if the statues of the Super Powers line actually got a specific edition size. Because, so far I couldnt find any information on that. In an unboxing of the Harley Quinn one, I've heard that there were 2 edition size informations. One said: It would be 300, the other 350. :D

Chad had posted on FB months ago that the edition size for the EX was to be 500, the shipper says 300 and the base has 350

https://i.imgur.com/GiNCGTI.png

Hellboy
02-27-2018, 07:15 PM
Whatever is listed on the bottom of the base is likely the true ES.

The ES’s posted by Chad last year were estimated so they may difffer from piece to piece. They shouldn’t be any higher but the may be lower depending on how well a piece sold.

bwestley13
02-27-2018, 07:52 PM
Whatever is listed on the bottom of the base is likely the true ES.

The ES’s posted by Chad last year were estimated so they may difffer from piece to piece. They shouldn’t be any higher but the may be lower depending on how well a piece sold.

Yeah its 350 which is a lot lower than the original 500.

BurningRage
03-05-2018, 09:11 PM
Catwoman

Dam_Beaver
03-07-2018, 09:33 AM
We wanna see Batman :/ There is a lot of the choice, if I am collecting this line, depending on him...

FJC
03-07-2018, 11:00 AM
We wanna see Batman :/ There is a lot of the choice, if I am collecting this line, depending on him...

Same here. Nothing gets bought before I see Batman. Whatever I'm interested in from Tweeter will hinge on what the Bat looks like. The only piece I make break down and buy before Batman is Deathstroke. If Tweeter releases an amazing classic Perez Deathstroke, I wouldn't hesitate for even a second to PO that.

Primus
03-07-2018, 11:02 AM
Dident you here? There will be no Batman ever! no one is ever going to make another Batman statue again guess your stuck with the 15 million already available. This line is going well in its current direction get over it already!

FJC
03-07-2018, 11:05 AM
Dident you here? There will be no Batman ever! no one is ever going to make another Batman statue again guess your stuck with the 15 million already available. This line is going well in its current direction get over it already!

Sorry, but it's all about the Bat for me (and millions of others) so you'll just have to get over that already.

Gothamite
03-07-2018, 11:42 AM
1) There will be a Batman eventually.

2) If you refuse to buy any statues before Batman is announced, you risk missing out on them due to low ES sizes.

Augen
03-07-2018, 11:46 AM
It's perfectly reasonable to wait and see on a line, you just cannot be too upset if you miss out on earlier pieces. Wonder Woman sold this line to me in terms of quality so trusting the extensive list will be done justice *fingers crossed on two Big Barda pieces touched on*

Demona
03-07-2018, 01:02 PM
OMG I need that Catwoman!!! Dream come true with that costume design.

Primus
03-07-2018, 01:17 PM
First off if your waiting for one character in a line chances are your not really interested in the line itself, witch is fine but let’s not pretend otherwise. Secondly the only reason Batman hasent been seen yet is because they went back to the drawing board to make it better, how many companies do that nowadays? And he will be the only Dc character yet to have two variations right out of the gate. Many like myself have been waiting for a Dc line like this for quite some time 30 years for me personally, waiting a few months for a Batman showing is not a big deal. it’s called patience you should try it!

xforce
03-07-2018, 02:58 PM
First off if your waiting for one character in a line chances are your not really interested in the line itself, witch is fine but let’s not pretend otherwise. Secondly the only reason Batman hasent been seen yet is because they went back to the drawing board to make it better, how many companies do that nowadays? And he will be the only Dc character yet to have two variations right out of the gate. Many like myself have been waiting for a Dc line like this for quite some time 30 years for me personally, waiting a few months for a Batman showing is not a big deal. it’s called patience you should try it!

I am with Primus on this one...enough with BATMAN there are over 1000 statues of him. How many shazam, martian manhunter or the wonder twins?

They have released ten statues and you wont buy any because of Batman? Where is the logic in that I buy ones I like. The superman is one of the best 1/6 I have seen of him.

FJC
03-07-2018, 03:24 PM
1) There will be a Batman eventually.

2) If you refuse to buy any statues before Batman is announced, you risk missing out on them due to low ES sizes.

Chance I'm willing to take. If Bats looks bad, everything (except Deathstroke) is a pass for me. There is no DC collection without Batman for me.

Mister H
03-07-2018, 03:27 PM
There is no DC collection without Batman

Damn straight.

Hellboy
03-07-2018, 03:27 PM
Gotta agree with the last few posts re: Batman. You guys need to chill out. Multiple versions have already been confirmed and he’ll get here when he gets here. If you’re holding out on getting into the line as a result that’s on you. This isn’t a Batman line, it’s a DC line.

xforce
03-07-2018, 03:31 PM
Gotta agree with the last few posts re: Batman. You guys need to chill out. Multiple versions have already been confirmed and he’ll get here when he gets here. If you’re holding out on getting into the line as a result that’s on you. This isn’t a Batman line, it’s a DC line.

Per chad at tweeterhead he is trying to make his line the "bowen of DC". One statue does not make the bowen line :banghead:

statue-man
03-07-2018, 03:31 PM
Chad, said on his last live video, that he would show the Batman on National Batman Day, May 1st which is a Tuesday. I purchased the Superman, and I am also holding out for the Batman.

Mister H
03-07-2018, 03:34 PM
I'll probably end up getting both versions of Bats. I wonder if the black and grey version will be the same sculpt or a modification?

George Clark
03-07-2018, 03:34 PM

I share your sentiment. I have the highest degree of respect for every collector's passion, and know that Batman sells, but I am anxious for the Shazams, Black Adams, Darkseids, etc. to see the light of day. This whole line will be incredible!

FJC
03-07-2018, 03:35 PM
I am with Primus on this one...enough with BATMAN there are over 1000 statues of him. How many shazam, martian manhunter or the wonder twins?

They have released ten statues and you wont buy any because of Batman? Where is the logic in that I buy ones I like. The superman is one of the best 1/6 I have seen of him.

Because I am a Batman fan. I'm looking for very specific pieces in this scale since I already have most of the DC characters I want in 1/4 scale. So, it all ends and begins with the Bat for me. The only other lineup I may pick up is a classic Perez Titans line. That said, I love the Tweeter Joker but won't pick him up unless I love their Batman.

It doesn't matter to me if other members here agree with my opinion or not. I collect for myself and spend my money on what I want and how I see fit. So, if Tweeter wants my money...show me the Batman.

FJC
03-07-2018, 03:36 PM

For me personally, there is no DC line without Batman.

Gothamite
03-07-2018, 03:39 PM
Yep, that's why every company should start with Batman as their first statue. He's like a gateway drug to more statues. :laugh:

Same here. Nothing gets bought before I see Batman. Whatever I'm interested in from Tweeter will hinge on what the Bat looks like. The only piece I make break down and buy before Batman is Deathstroke. If Tweeter releases an amazing classic Perez Deathstroke, I wouldn't hesitate for even a second to PO that.

Sorry, but it's all about the Bat for me (and millions of others) so you'll just have to get over that already.

Chance I'm willing to take. If Bats looks bad, everything (except Deathstroke) is a pass for me. There is no DC collection without Batman for me.

Because I am a Batman fan. I'm looking for very specific pieces in this scale since I already have most of the DC characters I want in 1/4 scale. So, it all ends and begins with the Bat for me. The only other lineup I may pick up is a classic Perez Titans line. That said, I love the Tweeter Joker but won't pick him up unless I love their Batman.

It doesn't matter to me if other members here agree with my opinion or not. I collect for myself and spend my money on what I want and how I see fit. So, if Tweeter wants my money...show me the Batman.

We heard you the first time.

FJC
03-07-2018, 03:40 PM
I'll probably end up getting both versions of Bats. I wonder if the black and grey version will be the same sculpt or a modification?

If they are 2 different statues (not a variant), there's a good chance I'll pick up both if they look good. I just can't have 2 basically identical statues in my collection. Personally, that doesn't work for me.

Hellboy
03-07-2018, 03:58 PM

Good thing he’s been confirmed then.

statue-man
03-07-2018, 04:10 PM
I'm hoping that the Legion of Super Heroes includes the original Superboy, he existed in the Comics from 1946 to June of 1984. He introduced the Legion to the world 1958 along with Mon-El in Superboy #89 1961. DC tried to erase him by rewriting Superman's history after 39 years. No statue group of the Legion would be complete without the Original Superboy.

https://i.imgur.com/TMYAcRk.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/eJjgNJK.jpg

xforce
03-07-2018, 04:16 PM

Yes you are correct you can collect any way you want. Of course I can also state I do not understand that mentality to have a whole line rely on one statue.

I guess my biggest issue is the constant asking for Batman on the forumns. I would rather see shazam personally

xforce
03-07-2018, 04:16 PM
We heard you the first time.

Could not have said it better myself :goodpost:

FJC
03-07-2018, 06:52 PM
Good thing he’s been confirmed then.

Yes! There was no doubt he's on the way. However, that doesn't make the wait any less difficult for me.

FJC
03-07-2018, 06:57 PM
Yes you are correct you can collect any way you want. Of course I can also state I do not understand that mentality to have a whole line rely on one statue.

I guess my biggest issue is the constant asking for Batman on the forumns. I would rather see shazam personally

Obviously it's because Batman is hugely popular. That's why there will always be so many people clamoring for Batman statues and why so many are made. Here's hoping you get your Captain Marvel statue soon. He's certainly deserving of a great statue. There's no doubt in my mind Tweeter will get around to him.

statue-man
03-07-2018, 07:48 PM
https://www.facebook.com/Tweeterhead/videos/1712030182192148/

statue-man
03-07-2018, 07:50 PM
Obviously it's because Batman is hugely popular. That's why there will always be so many people clamoring for Batman statues and why so many are made. Here's hoping you get your Captain Marvel statue soon. He's certainly deserving of a great statue. There's no doubt in my mind Tweeter will get around to him.

You need to watch this video, it will explain when they will show The Batman.

https://www.facebook.com/Tweeterhead/videos/1712030182192148/

haljordan99
03-07-2018, 08:00 PM

I’m tired of it too, especially considering how many Batman statues are out there already. And quite honestly, I don’t really like Batman. I would love to see Shazam though! I really want Black Adam.

Philintheblank
03-07-2018, 08:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RG0HYth.jpg

Gothamite
03-07-2018, 08:35 PM

https://s9.postimg.cc/x5r0olutb/Stinks.jpg

statue-man
03-07-2018, 09:48 PM

https://i.imgur.com/Q5IkFgz.png

Dam_Beaver
03-08-2018, 01:20 PM
They have released ten statues and you wont buy any because of Batman?

Don't get me wrong. I already pre-ordered one figure of the line so far. So my decision is not COMPLETELY depending on batman. But honestly, if Batman is going to be ugly (what I am actually doubting, but I'd still like to see it soon) I am going to pass on some other figures that I would display just with a fitting Batman.

jlaavenger
03-18-2018, 04:03 AM
For those who are interested in the Super Powers Collection by Tweeterhead, here is a compiled list of pre-orders and statues that are currently in development.

Up for Pre-Order
#1 - Harley Quinn
#2 - Bottle City of Kandor
#3 - Mr. Mxyzptlk
#4 - Supergirl with Streaky
#5 - Joker
#6 - Bud and Lou
#7 - Wonder Woman
#8 - Superman
#9 - Martian Manhunter
#10 - Donna Troy

Work in Progress - confirmed by Tweeterhead via multiple sources
Batman
Robin
Batgirl
Catwoman in Purple Dress and Green Cape
The Wonder Twins, Zan and Jayna with Gleek
Robot Brainiac
Steppenwolf
Shazam
Black Adam
The Flash
Green Lantern
Samurai
Superboy with Krypto
Mr Miracle, Big Barda and Orion
Darkseid, Desaad and Kalibak
Cheetah
Starfire
Raven
The Metal Men
Legion of Super-Heroes (3 members in 2018)
Tyr
Nightwing
Scarecrow
Giganta
Wonder Girl
Adam Strange
Silver Banshee
Granny Goodness
Deathstroke
Green Arrow (2019)
Black Canary (2019)

Potentially three statues from the following list in 2019
Travis Morgan as Warlord
Etrigan
Deadman
Spectre
Phantom Stranger
Doctor Fate
Swamp Thing
Constantine
Hawkman

If I missed any .... please let me know and I will update the list.

Im overjoyed at the mention of Warlord. But please, please, please use a Mike Grell art reference. No one comes close the his Warlord.

Buddy Bradley
03-18-2018, 08:23 AM
One piece I haven't heard anything about lately is Mr. Mxyzptlk. Does anyone know when it is supposed to ship?

Subby1938
03-18-2018, 01:53 PM
I was hoping to see Mr. Freeze

Mister H
03-18-2018, 03:06 PM
I’d like to see Tweeterhead do a series of mini busts, like Bowen Designs did. There are a lot of DC characters I would like to have but just not in full size form.

mmk123
03-18-2018, 03:27 PM
I am actually surprised that no one asked him that question on the last two facebook livestreams he did about mini busts. I watched both of them and never once did the subject of mini busts ever come up. I definitely can see the appeal of a mini bust and that is how I started my statue buying was via the Bowen mini busts (like so many of us did) but personally, if it is a character that I want I would rather have the FS statue.

Also, I know that Bowen stopped doing mini bust for the most part when he went into his last phase. I heard it was because they were not selling as well as they once were (not sure if that is true or not).

Philintheblank
03-18-2018, 04:16 PM
Speaking of mini busts...anyone been looking at Bowens on ebay? :itsb: prices have jumped.

Anyway, I think a mini bust line would be cool, but I have a feeling they're going to stick to the statues.

nbr3bagshotrow
03-18-2018, 04:19 PM
Speaking of mini busts...anyone been looking at Bowens on ebay? :itsb: prices have jumped.

Anyway, I think a mini bust line would be cool, but I have a feeling they're going to stick to the statues.
I chat a lot with Chad and he's never mentioned mini-busts. I think he's personally more into statues and will most likely stick with them.

mmk123
03-18-2018, 04:34 PM

I have noticed that it seems that prices have jumped for both Bowen statues and mini busts. There are some I can see but I do think that for the most part people think they are sitting on a gold mine when in fact they are not.

Mister H
03-18-2018, 08:12 PM
I chat a lot with Chad and he's never mentioned mini-busts. I think he's personally more into statues and will most likely stick with them.

Oh well. I’ll just need to be very selective on the statues then.

Philintheblank
03-19-2018, 07:12 PM
I have noticed that it seems that prices have jumped for both Bowen statues and mini busts. There are some I can see but I do think that for the most part people think they are sitting on a gold mine when in fact they are not.

The majority seem to be staying around what they've been going for, but I can't lie...some of these prices have me thinking about letting go of a few pieces. 300ish for Hydroman? hmmm

Subby1938
03-19-2018, 09:41 PM
Well to be honest everybody wants htf Bowen’s cheap it’s not happening. Characters like

Mr. Sinister
Chrome surfer
Yellow jacket
Ant man deluxe
X belt wolverine

To name a few a very desirable and cost good money. Hydro man was very htf and exclusive to boot.

statue-man
03-20-2018, 11:41 PM
This is the Braniac, I would like to see done.
http://https://i.imgur.com/QcsbLJ1.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/QcsbLJ1.jpg

statue-man
03-24-2018, 05:23 PM
https://i.imgur.com/SR3ATIN.jpg

Chad, here you go, Metron seated on the Mobius Chair

king_marvel
03-25-2018, 03:57 AM
I hope the Shazam is in classic costume and not the new 52 one.

George Clark
03-25-2018, 09:52 AM

I second that!

FJC
03-25-2018, 10:02 AM

I second that!

Every release has been a classic version of the character. Shazam will be no different. Tweeter isn't Sideshow. They aren't going to release 20 classic statues then lose their collective minds and start releasing modern or made up stylized versions of these characters. They aren't going to hang their classic fans out to dry like Sideshow did. Expect classic 70's - 80's era costumes. Tweeter will deliver them.

king_marvel
04-19-2018, 04:13 PM
Hope that we get a Firestorm at some point.

Mister H
04-27-2018, 03:32 PM
Tuesday May 1 is Batman Day. I really hope Tweeterhead shows us the Batman sculpt they have planned. All this Poison Ivy and Infinity War statue talk is great and everything, but none of it holds a candle to Bats.

Augen
04-27-2018, 03:50 PM
Happy for Bat fans, my main interest is San Diego Comic Con where Tweeterhead has promised lot of news in terms of announcements and sculpts.

statue-man
04-27-2018, 04:47 PM
Tuesday May 1 is Batman Day. I really hope Tweeterhead shows us the Batman sculpt they have planned. All this Poison Ivy and Infinity War statue talk is great and everything, but none of it holds a candle to Bats.

I hope so, it's been very quiet

grphyx1
04-28-2018, 08:49 AM
All I have to say is OH MY GAWD

Bob Morton
04-28-2018, 10:47 AM
Happy for Bat fans, my main interest is San Diego Comic Con where Tweeterhead has promised lot of news in terms of announcements and sculpts.

Totally agree. I hope they come out in full force. This line has been quiet for a while and needs and injection of hype!

grphyx1
04-28-2018, 01:37 PM
Totally agree. I hope they come out in full force. This line has been quiet for a while and needs and injection of hype!

I think you'll be very happy.

statue-man
04-30-2018, 04:05 PM
May 1st is National BATMAN DAY

I don't see a live video update, scheduled for this week. I thought The Super Powers Batman maquette was to be previewed this day.

haljordan99
04-30-2018, 06:03 PM
It's pretty quiet. I hope they come through with the Batman reveal tomorrow. There are going to be a lot of upset people on here if it doesn't happen.

SkiLLessOne
04-30-2018, 07:17 PM
They just showed a silhouette of the Batman statue, going to show the digital sculpt tomorrow.

Medusoid
04-30-2018, 07:43 PM
Just a little tease of things to come ... TOMORROW @ NOON you’ll get to see the the full digital sculpt in celebration of BATMAN DAY!

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/31531016_1798013650260467_8075375403742527488_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=11826ca2b40f6f7537a960b9e91ee13d&oe=5B9B678C

FJC
04-30-2018, 07:51 PM
https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/31531016_1798013650260467_8075375403742527488_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=11826ca2b40f6f7537a960b9e91ee13d&oe=5B9B678C

Bring it!

Mister H
04-30-2018, 08:12 PM
Digital sculpt huh? I have a feeling this Bats won’t be available until December-ish.

grphyx1
04-30-2018, 08:43 PM
Just let the bat fans enjoy the moment. SDCC is around the corner. Let's just see what shows up

Mister H
04-30-2018, 08:46 PM
Just let the bat fans enjoy the moment. SDCC is around the corner. Let's just see what shows up

I get the feeling you know something the rest of us don’t.:thinking:

grphyx1
04-30-2018, 09:18 PM
No more than you right now;-)

Gothamite
04-30-2018, 09:35 PM
This Superman looks better than the Designer Series Jim Lee one.

statue-man
04-30-2018, 10:23 PM
This Superman looks better than the Designer Series Jim Lee one.

The Bowen Superman was the Holy Grail for many, but I think the Tweethead Superman surpasses all. It is what brought me back into collecting.

Gothamite
04-30-2018, 10:42 PM
The Bowen Superman was the Holy Grail for many, but I think the Tweethead Superman surpasses all. It is what brought me back into collecting.

Sez the person with a Batman avatar. :laugh: :drinking: ;)

http://www.statueforum.com/customavatars/avatar1505_16.gif

Mister H
04-30-2018, 10:50 PM
If I remember correctly, there will be a black & gray and blue & gray version.

grphyx1
05-01-2018, 07:56 AM
My first superman statue. Loved it as soon as I saw it

If I remember correctly, there will be a black & gray and blue & gray version.

Yes.

nearmint
05-01-2018, 08:45 AM
Argh. Superman and Batman’s capes blowing in different directions.

grphyx1
05-01-2018, 08:54 AM
I see someone's OCD is kicking in:hilarious:

Yes they are. Completely different settings and it'd be too matchy matchy is they were all blowing to right. Like the Rockettes high kicks

No1WonderFan
05-03-2018, 02:47 PM
I'm new to the forum and Tweeterhead. Has there been any mention of Aquaman, Mera, or Aqualad? Or Zatanna in the satellite-era purple/blue and white Perez costume?

nbr3bagshotrow
05-03-2018, 03:02 PM
I'm new to the forum and Tweeterhead. Has there been any mention of Aquaman, Mera, or Aqualad? Or Zatanna in the satellite-era purple/blue and white Perez costume?
Not yet.

grphyx1
05-03-2018, 03:02 PM

Don't think we've mentioned Aqualad or Mera. I know Aquaman and Zatanna (perez style) has been discussed.

You can check this post out. This poll was done when the superpowers line was announced.

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=5494461&postcount=118

BrandonJF
05-03-2018, 03:33 PM

Ugh. Ok, Tweeterhead. Time to give us a fabric cape option. :)

Yes, I'm kidding.

No1WonderFan
05-03-2018, 04:01 PM
Don't think we've mentioned Aqualad or Mera. I know Aquaman and Zatanna (perez style) has been discussed.

You can check this post out. This poll was done when the superpowers line was announced.

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=5494461&postcount=118

Thanks! I'm so impressed with the era Tweeterhead has chosen to focus on (JLA satellite-era/Silver Age/Super Powers). So excited for eagle-crested Wonder Woman, pirate shirt/hot pants Supergirl, Donna Troy as Wondergirl, and purple dress Catwoman. Most of these versions have never been made into statues. I have high hopes for Silver Age Shayera/Hawkwoman, Mera, Zatanna, and Cheetah (who must have more than one head when released).

No1WonderFan
05-16-2018, 03:32 PM
Question: Would people be interested in the Super Powers versions of Robot Brainiac or Power Suit Lex Luthor? I hated Robot Brainy as a kid and wasn't a big fan of Lex's exo Power Suit. I'd much rather have the Super Friends/comics (pre-1983) versions with Lex in purple and green and Brainiac with green skin and (yes) the shorts. I think those are the only interpretations I'd buy as statues. Tweeterhead did end up going with the pre-Super Powers version of Supergirl after all.

jeremydmc
05-16-2018, 06:07 PM
Question: Would people be interested in the Super Powers versions of Robot Brainiac or Power Suit Lex Luthor? I hated Robot Brainy as a kid and wasn't a big fan of Lex's exo Power Suit. I'd much rather have the Super Friends/comics (pre-1983) versions with Lex in purple and green and Brainiac with green skin and (yes) the shorts. I think those are the only interpretations I'd buy as statues. Tweeterhead did end up going with the pre-Super Powers version of Supergirl after all.

I would rather have the green skinned Braniac and non power suit Lex for sure.

BrandonJF
05-17-2018, 01:52 PM

I'd prefer Robot Brainiac, but not by much. Lex is another story - I greatly prefer the exo suit "Super Powers" version.

FastballSpecial
05-23-2018, 08:00 PM
Any word on when we’ll see Flash?

Gothamite
06-06-2018, 05:51 AM
So, it looks like Huntress is scheduled for 2019. Will it be this costume?

https://s15.postimg.cc/74c5d10rv/a22ce4a972a1764bb56ccab2b60cb127.jpg

OhHaiMark
06-06-2018, 06:15 AM

Where did you see that?

mmk123
06-06-2018, 08:04 AM

Since the Super Powers line is based on how the characters looked from the late's to mid 80's, I would think that would be the version of the Huntress that they would produce.

Augen
06-06-2018, 08:19 AM

Paint and coloring is critical here if true.

Gothamite
06-06-2018, 11:49 AM
Where did you see that?

The "other" place. ;)

Paint and coloring is critical here if true.

Yeah, can't be this bright, lol.

Augen
06-06-2018, 12:07 PM
The "other" place. ;)

Yeah, can't be this bright, lol.

They pulled it off with Catwoman so I'm optimistic about Huntress.

OhHaiMark
06-06-2018, 12:39 PM
The "other" place. ;)

Ah, I see. I really shouldn't get excited since it will likely be Wayne but depending on the sculpt it may be possible to convert it to Bertinelli.

Gothamite
06-06-2018, 12:53 PM
Ah, I see. I really shouldn't get excited since it will likely be Wayne but depending on the sculpt it may be possible to convert it to Bertinelli.

Team Bertinelli :buttrock:

Hoping for the abs window costume since I don't have the Bishoujo or Sideshow 1/4.

cyberpunk12
06-09-2018, 11:43 AM
Question: Would people be interested in the Super Powers versions of Robot Brainiac or Power Suit Lex Luthor? I hated Robot Brainy as a kid and wasn't a big fan of Lex's exo Power Suit. I'd much rather have the Super Friends/comics (pre-1983) versions with Lex in purple and green and Brainiac with green skin and (yes) the shorts. I think those are the only interpretations I'd buy as statues. Tweeterhead did end up going with the pre-Super Powers version of Supergirl after all.WonderFan- Good question... If I have to choose, I personally go with the Super Powers robot Braniac look and probably go with the power suit as well... but I would buy Luthor in either look.

broncofan66
06-09-2018, 01:14 PM
WonderFan- Good question... If I have to choose, I personally go with the Super Powers robot Braniac look and probably go with the power suit as well... but I would buy Luthor in either look.

I’d be down with the robo brainiac AND the green brainiac for the LoSH set.

No1WonderFan
06-09-2018, 02:35 PM
Yeah, hopefully there will be multiple options.

GL_2814
06-11-2018, 03:09 PM
I have included a "checklist" with more information on the first post of this thread.

If I missed anything ... please let me know.

Master Pizza
06-11-2018, 03:16 PM
Why is Black Adam on the list if he's in the poll?

GL_2814
06-11-2018, 03:21 PM
Why is Black Adam on the list if he's in the poll?

Thank you ... forgot to update the list with the characters on the poll.

broncofan66
06-11-2018, 03:39 PM
I have included a "checklist" with more information on the first post of this thread.

If I missed anything ... please let me know.

Hmm, how about the rest of the Titans? Kid Flash and Changling are not on the list.

chrismhk
06-11-2018, 03:47 PM
Hmm, how about the rest of the Titans? Kid Flash and Changling are not on the list.

They are not on the list but I think they are pretty much confirmed since they are part of the new titans. I also remember tweeterhead confirming kid flash on the forum or sideshow freaks.

GL_2814
06-11-2018, 07:43 PM

I will update the list with these characters as well. Thanks.

broncofan66
06-12-2018, 01:20 AM
Starfire is the next Titan right? This is going to be an amazing statue if the previous ones are any indication. Can’t wait to see what they come up with. I can see some kind of flying pose, like they did with Harley.

Demona
06-12-2018, 08:21 AM
I am so glad I am more Marvel than DC bc I would be royally F'ed if Tweeterhead did this with the MCU (mostly X-Men). With DC I can get a few of my faves and be content :)

jeremydmc
06-12-2018, 08:24 AM
I am so glad I am more Marvel than DC bc I would be royally F'ed if Tweeterhead did this with the MCU (mostly X-Men). With DC I can get a few of my faves and be content :)

That's what I used to say with Bowen. I am more of a DC guy than Marvel so I only bought a couple. Now Tweeterhead has me in it's grasp.

broncofan66
06-12-2018, 10:08 AM

We can dream right, can you imagine a classic Marvel line? Would be epic!

Augen
06-12-2018, 10:12 AM

I have my heroine theme collection so that cuts down a good 60-70% of statues for me. Even with that Tweeterhead could see me buy anywhere from ten to twenty statues in the coming years.

Rexdriver
06-12-2018, 11:28 AM
Starfire is the next Titan right? This is going to be an amazing statue if the previous ones are any indication. Can’t wait to see what they come up with. I can see some kind of flying pose, like they did with Harley.

As much as I loved the way they made Harley fly, Tweeterhead needs to find a better way to support the in flight statue than clear resin which leans over time, at least where I am.

Detective27
06-12-2018, 02:02 PM
That's what I used to say with Bowen. I am more of a DC guy than Marvel so I only bought a couple. Now Tweeterhead has me in it's grasp.

Same here. It's both a blessing and a curse.

No1WonderFan
06-13-2018, 01:14 AM
Am I the only one hoping for Aqualad? Ha!

broncofan66
06-13-2018, 12:38 PM
Am I the only one hoping for Aqualad? Ha!

Hell yeah, bring it! I'm sure Tweeterhead could make even this look cool.

cyberpunk12
06-13-2018, 01:06 PM
Assuming this line goes for years as advertised, I've been pondering edition sizes... particularly where the big guns are concerned.

We're going to get Wonder Woman, Superman, and Batman in year one with really low edition sizes. Only 250 exclusive Superman statues made?!? I'm totally surprised it hasn't sold out already... same for Wonder Woman. The regular releases will be higher runs but if made to order, I'm thinking they're going to be lower than we expect.

If I don't start putting the JLA together until I see Hawkman, Firestorm, and Red Tornado, then I've already long missed out on the Trinity who SHOULD be going for decent money on the secondary market... which would discourage from getting into the line in the first place.

How will Chad walk the line between keeping interest high (with sell outs and attractive edition sizes) yet still be welcoming to newer collectors down the road?

Do you guys think Tweeterhead should do any open-editions for key characters (the regular releases perhaps?) or do you think they should do revisits as the line progresses (as Bowen Designs did)? Has anyone heard Chad comment on the subject?

Augen
06-13-2018, 02:24 PM
I have no issue with doing second runs if demand is there, but I understand if they cannot afford to do so.

Hellboy
06-13-2018, 02:52 PM
If Tweeterhead did second editions of the same statue you’d see a lot of irritated collectors IMO. I am of the opinion that if a company thinks it might do this it’s only ethical if you disclose it from the very beginning, and they have not. Were these not collectibles it’d be a non-issue but part of their appeal and marketing is their limited nature. Otherwise why even have an ES?

That said nothing is keeping Tweeterhead from revisiting the character with an entirely new sculpt. That’s the right way to do it IMHO.

Gothamite
06-13-2018, 02:55 PM
Well, the regulars are unnumbered...

haljordan99
06-13-2018, 03:01 PM
If Tweeterhead did second editions of the same statue you’d see a lot of irritated collectors IMO. I am of the opinion that if a company thinks it might do this it’s only ethical if you disclose it from the very beginning, and they have not. Were these not collectibles it’d be a non-issue but part of their appeal and marketing is their limited nature. Otherwise why even have an ES?

That said nothing is keeping Tweeterhead from revisiting the character with an entirely new sculpt. That’s the right way to do it IMHO.

:goodpost:

cyberpunk12
06-13-2018, 03:43 PM
Well, the regulars are unnumbered...Interesting... I tried to see how many regular Harley's are out there but no one is listing the edition size.

I think open-ended releases take the pressure off collectors to purchase now... I know there is always competition for my collecting dollars and availability almost always factors into my decisions. I don't think open runs are a good way to go nor do I think re-releasing a statue to be a good idea (for the very reason Hellboy pointed out).

I would think a revisit should always be a new sculpt... an action version following a museum pose, for example... but I'm getting ahead of myself speculating.

I'm just ready to see what Chad unveils at SDCC... that may be just the thing that blows the doors open and gets things rolling.

Personally, I like these limited numbers... When the lineup starts to build and these in-demand characters start climbing on eBay, collectors will be scrambling to get the regular releases. Harley EX was what, 300? I've heard 150 for Supergirl EX. Can you imagine what Superman and Wonder Woman EX's go for later if they're limited to 250?!? Do we think there will be fewer than 250 orders for a Batman EX?

Gothamite
06-13-2018, 03:53 PM
Interesting... I tried to see how many regular Harley's are out there but no one is listing the edition size.

I think open-ended releases take the pressure off collectors to purchase now... I know there is always competition for my collecting dollars and availability almost always factors into my decisions. I don't think open runs are a good way to go nor do I think re-releasing a statue to be a good idea (for the very reason Hellboy pointed out).

I would think a revisit should always be a new sculpt... an action version following a museum pose, for example... but I'm getting ahead of myself speculating.

I'm just ready to see what Chad unveils at SDCC... that may be just the thing that blows the doors open and gets things rolling.

Personally, I like these limited numbers... When the lineup starts to build and these in-demand characters start climbing on eBay, collectors will be scrambling to get the regular releases. Harley EX was what, 300? I've heard 150 for Supergirl EX. Can you imagine what Superman and Wonder Woman EX's go for later if they're limited to 250?!? Do we think there will be fewer than 250 orders for a Batman EX?

Batman might get a higher exclusive ES, but as I noted in the thread for Actually Produced Statues, it looks like 250 will be "standard" for most statues.

I don't mind re-paints for re-released statue poses, especially if they wind up being as dramatically different as the proposed black costumes for Donna Troy.

chrismhk
06-13-2018, 04:06 PM
Batman might get a higher exclusive ES, but as I noted in the thread for Actually Produced Statues, it looks like 250 will be "standard" for most statues.

I don't mind re-paints for re-released statue poses, especially if they wind up being as dramatically different as the proposed black costumes for Donna Troy.

Yes! I wouldn’t mind a repaint ver for Donna either if they can’t afford to make a statue with different sculpt. I really hope they do make this variant with black costume.

Subby1938
06-13-2018, 04:18 PM
I bought into super powers line only for Bat Villains. My hope is by the time it’s done I’ll have first ever decent sized rogues gallery I’ve always wanted. I’m a huge Marvel guy but the super powers Joker got me. It’s best I’ve ever seen. Cat woman is def a buy for me and I’m on the fence for Harley because the rocket pack doesn’t do much for me. I hope they do these ;

Mr Freeze
Penguin
Riddler
Scarecrow
Poison ivy

Anything else is bonus but it may be wishful thinking

chrismhk
06-13-2018, 04:24 PM
I bought into super powers line only for Bat Villains. My hope is by the time it’s done I’ll have first ever decent sized rogues gallery I’ve always wanted. I’m a huge Marvel guy but the super powers Joker got me. It’s best I’ve ever seen. Cat woman is def a buy for me and I’m on the fence for Harley because the rocket pack doesn’t do much for me. I hope they do these ;

Mr Freeze
Penguin
Riddler
Scarecrow
Poison ivy

Anything else is bonus but it may be wishful thinking

I agree, this the best Joker I’ve seen too. I don’t collect villains much except for gotham sirens and deathstroke occasionally, but the tweeterhead Joker is a must get.

Dark Knight.
06-13-2018, 04:59 PM
Has Chad ever mentioned anything about costume variants/repaints? I know Batman is getting two versions but anyone else?

GL_2814
06-13-2018, 06:01 PM
Per Tweeterhead on Facebook
"Hey Guys! Don't go BATTY, but we have to postpone our live video until Friday at noon. We have Super Power Wonder Woman and all of her accessories to show you and a little something special that we think you're going to LOVE! HINT, HINT!"

Maybe a painted Batman prototype with WW???