PDA

View Full Version : So..........

Perna
09-29-2005, 02:40 PM
...what kind of toys does everyone collect?

CKinSD
09-29-2005, 02:45 PM
they are not toys they are articulated action figures........................ lol

hmmmm, got trains, slot car tracks, action figures mostly spidey and almost all known Venom figures to date.

then there are the bikes and my 1915 modelt t woodie.

Perna
09-29-2005, 02:55 PM
LOL!!! Yes, articulated figures..........

Cool collection Charles. I mostly pick up the X-Men figures from every line of toys. I've got a few spidey and Spawn figures and I'm starting to get into Godzilla. Got some Total Justice figures and Transformers Beast Wars too. Also have a few Canada only figures from the Reboot cartoon.

wizard-comics
09-29-2005, 03:57 PM
toys are for kids. :) ..comics and statues for me :laugh:

Cage
09-29-2005, 04:04 PM
I was all over the place until I got the Statue sickness. (Boy were action figures a lot less expensive.)

Famous Covers, Mego, and Big Jim, mostly. Going to sell of most of my things to just get STatues (Bowen, Hard Hero and whoever else decides that they want to do QUALITY work. I also hope to hook up some commissioned pieces so that I can have a little diversity to my collection) and other original art work (i.e Tony Perna, Jess Harold, and David Yardin.) :buttrock:

gol
09-29-2005, 04:29 PM
I like jap 'statues'. Which are probably considered as toys because often made of PVC. Although they usually have no articulation and a base. They're not even cheap.. (often over $60 for 1/8 ones). But they come in sucky toy-like packagings.

I also gather a couple of gashapon and same - they're kinda little statues. And wether they're fully painted or colored in the plastic, they're usually better done than bigger statues. Some gashapon sets are really cool, and very original.

When is it a toy or a statue anyway? Is the optimus prime masterpiece really a toy?

superash
09-29-2005, 10:43 PM
i collect a lot of superman action figures. i have all of the Man of Steel Line. And I also have all 10 of the DC direct superman action figures. plus lots more. those are just my favorite right now.

i of course will be collecting all of the alex ross figures too. other wise i have my fair share of figures and statues i guess.

Rogue
09-29-2005, 10:52 PM
I collect mostly female characters. I have X-Men figures, Spawn figures, Heroclix, Marvel Legends, Minimates, female Bowen busts and mini statues, etc........ And anything of Rogue!!!!!! :)

Crom
09-29-2005, 10:55 PM
I collect mostly female characters. I have X-Men figures, Spawn figures, Heroclix, Marvel Legends, Minimates, female Bowen busts and mini statues, etc........ And anything of Rogue!!!!!! :)

Small Canadians. :laugh:

Do you keep Perna in his original packaging?

Rogue
09-29-2005, 11:00 PM
Small Canadians. :laugh:

Do you keep Perna in his original packaging?
Nope, I couldn't wait to open him when I first saw him! :D

Crom
09-29-2005, 11:05 PM
Nope, I couldn't wait to open him when I first saw him! :D

The best part was Toys R Us could actually fit him on the shelf!
:eplus2:

I haven't had a chance to say Congratulations, so... Congratulations!

Rogue
09-29-2005, 11:23 PM
The best part was Toys R Us could actually fit him on the shelf!
:eplus2:

I haven't had a chance to say Congratulations, so... Congratulations!
Thanks!!!!! :)

Mr. X
09-30-2005, 04:34 AM
Mostly Transformers (Binaltechs, reissues, and anything that looks good in current lines).

I also collect import toys like the transforming Escaflowne figure and Mazinger Z 1901 AD figs.

Been meaning to get into DC Direct figs, but I keep putting it off.

vudoo1979
10-03-2005, 11:38 PM
Ok....Marvel Legends and Barbies besides my statues and bust...

devlinboy
10-03-2005, 11:44 PM
i got marvel legends, dc direct, motu, and almost every green arrow fig out there. wish there was more ollie merchandise on the market. maybe perna can draw some green arrow for me lol. :buttrock:

Sam Wilson
10-04-2005, 11:48 PM
I collect marvel legends, star wars legos, and 80's GI Joe, a real american hero action figures and vehicles (all MOC or MIB, AFA graded stuff).

I also collect some japanese anime stuff, just got the cy-girls ghost in the shell major kusanagi fig, and I have the dragon models jin roh panzer cop fig, and a some koyoto fist of the north star action figures.

Ish
10-04-2005, 11:51 PM
i got spawn, and bandai dbz.

gol
10-04-2005, 11:53 PM
just got the cy-girls ghost in the shell major kusanagi fig, and I have the dragon models jin roh panzer cop fig

pics?

my CY girl ruby is on its way, and I have no idea what to expect. Sure it looks amazing on the pics, but I usually hate how 'dolls' look in real.
(sideshow holly grail dolls = funny but quite bad, sideshow planet of the apes dolls = just ok)

sleepindeath
10-05-2005, 09:15 PM
MOTU & Spawn(WANT OUT).

Tony Coca
10-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Marvel Legends.Certain Spawn things.

commerce_of_thieves
10-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Right now I'm into Takara and Hasbro Reissue Transformers, Alternators, Binaltechs, and Cybertron.

I use to collect the recent Masters of the Universe figures, until it was discontinued, and I was a hardcore Star Wars collector for awhile and bought up a majority of the neo stuff up until Episode 2.

Toys still rock, but comics and statues always come first...

devlinboy
10-06-2005, 12:59 AM
anyone got any green arrow toys?lol, i also collect the aqua teen toys. hoping for the magnificent plum. and i cant wait for Carl. i got some mcfarlane sports figures, only of players i like. --paul pierce, kerry wood, bonds, clemente, priest . hoping for a ewing and an LT 56