PDA

View Full Version : Weta STOCKTAKE Sale

Malvo
03-07-2018, 06:25 PM
Monster sale going on at the moment.....get them while you can!

https://www.wetanz.com/shop/collections/stocktake-sale

gagaliya
03-07-2018, 07:07 PM
Good deals!

got 3 statues, 2 environments, and 2 guns. Should get me back to gold status now, after the black friday disaster dropped me to silver.

Malvo
03-07-2018, 07:27 PM
2 Rivendell's, 3 Thorin on Thrones, and 3 Torturer of Dol Guldur's for me. The Torturer is now sold out.

pinkxter
03-07-2018, 07:42 PM
I don't know why I did this but I bought 3 x Thorin, just will sell two of them.

pinkxter
03-07-2018, 07:48 PM
I don't know why I did this but I bought 3 x Thorin, just will sell two of them.

I also ended up getting 2 x Rivendell.

I hope I can at least recoup my cost if I need to sell.

I just wanted one of each piece

travis
03-07-2018, 08:04 PM
Fking so pissed I missed on the Torturer...Thorin throne, Orc dol guldur and Witchking

gagaliya
03-07-2018, 08:25 PM
Fking so pissed I missed on the Torturer...Thorin throne, Orc dol guldur and Witchking

err the witch king, the orc and thorin throne are still available. thorin on throne has less than 5 pieces i think

pinkxter
03-07-2018, 08:40 PM
What do you guys think? Would I be able to get rid of 2 x Thorins?

travis
03-07-2018, 08:46 PM
err the witch king, the orc and thorin throne are still available. thorin on throne has less than 5 pieces i think

I got those last 3

pinkxter
03-07-2018, 08:49 PM
I got those last 3

Thorin is still available.

I'm in the US (FloridA)

Remember Me?
03-07-2018, 08:49 PM
Nope....nothing I want.

pinkxter
03-07-2018, 09:10 PM
I've made an impulse buy - just needed one Thorin - got 3 - am now stressing out as to what to do with the other 2 - i mean i would have to sell, not sure if i want to take the chance

pinkxter
03-07-2018, 09:18 PM
There are only 2 Thorin left in the US warehouse now it seems

Medusoid
03-07-2018, 09:34 PM
The mini statue sale was too good to pass up, so I purchased 3 Smaug statues. I'll keep one and sell the other two. :)

gagaliya
03-07-2018, 09:36 PM
There are only 2 Thorin left in the US warehouse now it seems

i am sure you can easily sell it for breakeven as thorin is a popular character. It comes out to be ~$210 shipped, add on ebay/paypal/shipping to buyer fees it becomes ~$300 breakeven. It retails for $450 and is soldout.

the question is why you getting all 3 of the same statue lol, they got a nice selection why not choose 3 different ones you like.

I regret not getting azog which is soldout now, had him in my cart but they wanted $75 for shipping so i hesitated. Oh well you snooze you lose. Still got bunch stuff i wanted but didn't get because of the msrp. So i am happy

gagaliya
03-07-2018, 09:37 PM
The mini statue sale was too good to pass up, so I purchased 3 Smaug statues. I'll keep one and sell the other two. :)

lol everyone is getting into the statue flipping business.

pinkxter
03-07-2018, 09:44 PM
i am sure you can easily sell it for breakeven as thorin is a popular character. It comes out to be ~$210 shipped, add on ebay/paypal/shipping to buyer fees it becomes ~$300 breakeven. It retails for $450 and is soldout.

the question is why you getting all 3 of the same statue lol, they got a nice selection why not choose 3 different ones you like.

I regret not getting azog which is soldout now, had him in my cart but they wanted $75 for shipping so i hesitated. Oh well you snooze you lose. Still got bunch stuff i wanted but didn't get because of the msrp. So i am happy

You are right - I don't know why I got 3, I don't like the torturer but probably would have got one if i didnt wait long, then on the others i wasn't too into them. Thought might as well get the items that had max value.

I was like why get 300 one vs one that is 450.

not sure if that was right decision.

if i can even sell one thorin for $300 after cost. i'll be happy

pinkxter
03-07-2018, 10:01 PM
but in hindsight i should have chosen some other statues as part of the 3 - i know contacting Weta CS - may not get a response in time before it ships and not sure if they can swap one for another piece.

67L88Stingray
03-08-2018, 01:39 PM
Rivendell price was insane, still can't believe I paid over retail for mine just to get it shipped from EU after weta said they were going to stop making them. Grond dropping is also suprising considering it was low stock prior to the sale (unless it was fake low stock like Sideshow pulls).

goto
03-08-2018, 02:22 PM
I will never po a Weta Statue anymore,paid full prize and now for under the half of the full prize they throw out the things out of the window.
Weta i´m anry!

gagaliya
03-08-2018, 03:31 PM
Grond dropping is also suprising considering it was low stock prior to the sale (unless it was fake low stock like Sideshow pulls).

i am going to wait for blackfriday and 70% to get grond:P

Malvo
03-09-2018, 09:53 AM
That was fast, my Thorin and Torturer statues have shipped and will be here in less than a week.

Here's hoping they add the Fell Beast bust, Ringwraith of Forod statue and the Masters Collection Gollum to the sale in the upcoming days.

Malvo
03-09-2018, 01:03 PM
Smaug 2000 pieces
vs.
Fell Beast Bust 750 pieces

I hope it sell out before BF 2018
Reason?
If people make a tradition to wait till BF to decide to buy the statues or busts from Weta for a less price we see no more statues from them in the future,this would be sad,or not?

I will never po a Weta Statue anymore,paid full prize and now for under the half of the full prize they throw out the things out of the window.
Weta i´m anry!

Welcome to the dark side.......:jedidual:

67L88Stingray
03-09-2018, 03:41 PM
Yea, fell bust might be added, but unlikely. 1/3 Gollum won't as its a preorder.

Malvo
03-09-2018, 04:52 PM
Yea, fell bust might be added, but unlikely. 1/3 Gollum won't as its a preorder.

48 hours ago I would have said the possibility of getting a Thorin on Throne or Torturer statue for $167 were non-existent. How'd that work out?

The fell beast bust went up for pre-order on Oct. 12th, or 6 weeks after the Torturer and 8 weeks after Thorin. And based on an ES of 750 and a price tag significantly more than either of those two I can easily see Weta putting it on sale during this event. If not now, it's only a matter of time before all three join the ranks of Weta's ever increasing 'fire sales'.

pinkxter
03-09-2018, 05:09 PM
48 hours ago I would have said the possibility of getting a Thorin on Throne or Torturer statue for $167 were non-existent. How'd that work out?

The fell beast bust went up for pre-order on Oct. 12th, or 6 weeks after the Torturer and 8 weeks after Thorin. And based on an ES of 750 and a price tag significantly more than either of those two I can easily see Weta putting it on sale during this event. If not now, it's only a matter of time before all three join the ranks of Weta's ever increasing 'fire sales'.

I hope it goes on sale too, im just checking my email like every 30 minutes now - paranoid that i would love for it to go up.

Malvo
03-09-2018, 05:12 PM
I hope it goes on sale too, im just checking my email like every 30 minutes now - paranoid that i would love for it to go up.

Same here, I'm afraid to walk away from my computer for fear of missing out.

Dam_Beaver
03-09-2018, 05:48 PM
Wow, just came too late for Rivendell. Would have went for that for 100%!!! But now, it's sold out :(

67L88Stingray
03-09-2018, 11:00 PM
Wow, just came too late for Rivendell. Would have went for that for 100%!!! But now, it's sold out :(

It sold out almost instantly days ago, that was the best deal of this sale IMO.

travis
03-11-2018, 08:10 PM
Torturer back in stock...I ordered 2 and Thorin throne....will eventually sell the repeated buys...

Remember Me?
03-11-2018, 10:47 PM
Torturer back in stock...I ordered 2 and Thorin throne....will eventually sell the repeated buys...

Thank you for the heads up! I ordered two Torturer and the solider. I really didn’t need any of these statues, but since it is really a great deal...what the heck! I wouldn’t have paid $450 for the Torturer...since he was on screen for less than 5 minutes. For $170..that is great deal!

Hellboy
03-12-2018, 01:52 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. I’ve been refreshing the site since the sale started and noticed the Torturer and Thorin being back up. Came here to post about it and I guess it was old news.

Got me a Torturer though. So glad! :penguin:

travis
03-12-2018, 08:22 AM
lol...I got 4 weta items now I gotta sell...repeat buys to get the sale lol.....

Hellboy
03-12-2018, 09:37 AM
All worth it though.

I got 3 items I wanted. The Torturer, Bolg and Thorin. Another forum member hooked me up with a Thorin already so I’ll end up with an extra should he not want to keep it, but no big deal.

I had enough Weta Bucks to cover all 3 statues from the sale including shipping and still had $20 left over, so I’m pretty thrilled.

67L88Stingray
03-12-2018, 11:54 AM
Not sure if they do it all the time, but a coupe times in the past I have done multiple item orders they remove the brown shippers and just stuff the art boxes into another box. I don't like that, especially when they don't discount the shipping at all and their shipping prices are quite high to begin with.

Darth Milo
03-12-2018, 02:25 PM
Today I received my 2 Torturer of Dol Guldur statue's.. well that's what I thought.. instead they send me 2 Orc soldier of Dol Guldur statue's that I didn't order.
I'm awaiting their reply because it's sold out now in The E.U. warehouse.. so I'm curious how they are going to fix this error.

67L88Stingray
03-12-2018, 05:06 PM
Today I received my 2 Torturer of Dol Guldur statue's.. well that's what I thought.. instead they send me 2 Orc soldier of Dol Guldur statue's that I didn't order.
I'm awaiting their reply because it's sold out now in The E.U. warehouse.. so I'm curious how they are going to fix this error.

Why did you think that?

pinkxter
03-12-2018, 06:50 PM

Yikes - I am a bit concerned of the same.

I have a feeling there will be some issues during shipment, some units oversold, etc.

gagaliya
03-12-2018, 10:02 PM

I have a feeling there will be some issues during shipment, some units oversold, etc.

they always do that, every black friday i order stuff, and half of it gets cancelled a few weeks later due to overselling without fail and i get a refund. No apologies, nothing. And they always seem to be the ones with the best price, if i am a conspiracist i would offer a few promising theories on what weta is really doing.... I am sure this time is no different.

All the statues were shipped but i haven't received it yet we will see what ended up arriving. The rivendells still haven't shipped which isn't looking too promising and they just happen to be the item with the best discount. Did anyone got their rivendell shipped yet.

just ordered more - 2x torturer and 1x orc just for giggles even though i collect good guys only. at 500 and 15% weta dollars as a gold collector it's just too good to pass up.

SeekNdestroy
03-13-2018, 12:21 PM
This is my first time catching one of these sales and also my first time possibly ordering from Weta. I have my cart filled up, created my account, going to checkout and notice they charge shipping for each individual piece and nothing combined? I was excited to order some of the mini figures but almost $18 to ship each sort of defeats the purpose (although I get they’d do that at full price anyway). Am I possibly missing something here?

Remember Me?
03-13-2018, 12:28 PM
This is my first time catching one of these sales and also my first time possibly ordering from Weta. I have my cart filled up, created my account, going to checkout and notice they charge shipping for each individual piece and nothing combined? I was excited to order some of the mini figures but almost $18 to ship each sort of defeats the purpose (although I get they’d do that at full price anyway). Am I possibly missing something here?

Weta doesn’t do combine shipping. My two Torturer statues cost almost $90 to ship (NYC). If i was paying full price for these two statues, I highly doubt I would have gone through with it.

Hellboy
03-13-2018, 12:40 PM
Welcome to Weta collecting.

Darth Milo
03-13-2018, 01:36 PM

Someone on the Flame forum also ordered two Torturers and received two Orcs of Dol Guldur.
I'm still waiting for a reply from Weta..

SeekNdestroy
03-13-2018, 02:06 PM
Weta doesn’t do combine shipping. My two Torturer statues cost almost $90 to ship (NYC). If i was paying full price for these two statues, I highly doubt I would have gone through with it.

Got it. Ended up placing my first order through them for three mini statues and some prints. I justified the $65 shipping cost in my mind since it’s a long way to ship to Florida. 😊

gagaliya
03-13-2018, 03:22 PM
Got it. Ended up placing my first order through them for three mini statues and some prints. I justified the $65 shipping cost in my mind since it’s a long way to ship to Florida. 😊

That’s why I only order larger statues from wets at least the shipping is then somewhat justified even though they are still very expensive

Shipping for smaller items are completely unreasonable. I remember ordering a bunch 1/6 dwarfs paid near $30 each for shipping and they arrived in 1 box with just color display box and individual shipper removed. That box probably cost $40 to ship max and I got charged $120 for shipping and they got rid of the shippers.

Only way weta move any sales in volume nowadays is through those heavy discounts, while they are great it creates a very negative reputation for the company in that no one is going to risk buying their products at full price which in term further feeds this until the whole thing collapses.

Ps Anyone got their Rivendell yet?

Remember Me?
03-13-2018, 03:50 PM
My Torturer statues and the soldier are going to be shipped out today. Just got the notice a few minutes ago.

Hellboy
03-13-2018, 04:01 PM
Fell Beast Bust is up for $500. Which is $199 off.

pinkxter
03-13-2018, 04:02 PM
This will sell out fast

Remember Me?
03-13-2018, 04:07 PM
to buy or not to buy...that is the question.

pinkxter
03-13-2018, 04:11 PM

definite buy

esp its limited to 750 pieces.

Remember Me?
03-13-2018, 04:15 PM
Fell Beast Bust is up for $500. Which is $199 off.

Thank you for the heads up!

definite buy

esp its limited to 750 pieces.

Bought!

pinkxter
03-13-2018, 04:15 PM

if interested, get it now, this has not gone out in email yet - folks who posted were just monitoring the site.

Remember Me?
03-13-2018, 04:17 PM
if interested, get it now, this has not gone out in email yet - folks who posted were just monitoring the site.

I am going to blame up for pushing me over the edge!! LOL!

pinkxter
03-13-2018, 04:19 PM
I am going to blame up for pushing me over the edge!! LOL!

haha - i'll be honest, out of their recent pieces this would be top quality made, along the likes of Mouth of Sauron, and then probably Isildur.

The Smaug bust was an open edition, this one at least has 750 pieces.

I think this will be a great addition and I have a feeling this will sell out shortly after it hits the newsletter.

Remember Me?
03-13-2018, 04:24 PM
Newslettter just went out!

pinkxter
03-13-2018, 04:24 PM
Newslettter just went out!

Start the counter :)

67L88Stingray
03-13-2018, 04:37 PM
I was hoping for a bit more off, but with a decent chunk of weta dollars I went ahead and ordered the beast.

travis
03-13-2018, 04:42 PM
I wish I got him at $500...hell Grond too

pinkxter
03-13-2018, 04:48 PM
I was hoping for a bit more off, but with a decent chunk of weta dollars I went ahead and ordered the beast.

Same here, but due to it being 750 pieces, i was thinking they may not drop this further.

I suspect they will see how this sells today and release more batches by 16th. I feel if they can clear out in next 3 days they will do it.

67L88Stingray
03-13-2018, 04:48 PM
Looks like Gollum 1/3 is shipping soon so it may end up at the tail end of this sale.

67L88Stingray
03-13-2018, 04:49 PM
Same here, but due to it being 750 pieces, i was thinking they may not drop this further.

I suspect they will see how this sells today and release more batches by 16th. I feel if they can clear out in next 3 days they will do it.

The sale is only for 48 hours, but they will probably sell quite a few by then.

pinkxter
03-13-2018, 04:52 PM
Looks like Gollum 1/3 is shipping soon so it may end up at the tail end of this sale.

I think you are right, I think Isildur is next and Gollum maybe last.

I just get the sense Weta maybe getting out of this business, seems to soon to be discounting pieces.

Not that I mind, but either they are getting out of this line all together or have some new ones or signed some new massive license deal with some other company (Marvel/etc.).

67L88Stingray
03-13-2018, 05:11 PM
I think you are right, I think Isildur is next and Gollum maybe last.

I just get the sense Weta maybe getting out of this business, seems to soon to be discounting pieces.

Not that I mind, but either they are getting out of this line all together or have some new ones or signed some new massive license deal with some other company (Marvel/etc.).

Oh, they aren't going out of business, they are just realizing their regular prices are too high to move much product. It just seems like they have a glut they want to clear out quick before they have to pay the tax man.

pinkxter
03-13-2018, 05:14 PM
Oh, they aren't going out of business, they are just realizing their regular prices are too high to move much product. It just seems like they have a glut they want to clear out quick before they have to pay the tax man.

good point, i just thought maybe they want to get out of the LOTR line.

Let's see, this should definitely give them a check as to what their prices should be.

pinkxter
03-13-2018, 09:47 PM
I hope and have a feeling Isildur will be next.

I think Isildur would sell out if its next

67L88Stingray
03-13-2018, 09:54 PM
good point, i just thought maybe they want to get out of the LOTR line.

Let's see, this should definitely give them a check as to what their prices should be.

LOTR is their bread and butter, they will probably go out of business before that line stops.

Malvo
03-14-2018, 03:52 PM
I hope and have a feeling Isildur will be next.

I think Isildur would sell out if its next

I highly doubt Isildur will be included in this sale unless Weta really wants to piss off everyone who just received theirs last week. I guarantee mine will be going back. Esp. if it ends up in their 3 for $500 sale.

Hellboy
03-14-2018, 04:04 PM
I highly doubt Isildur will be included in this sale unless Weta really wants to piss off everyone who just received theirs last week. I guarantee mine will be going back. Esp. if it ends up in their 3 for $500 sale.

Agreed. I’d be shocked to see it or any of the pre-order items appear for exactly the reason you mentioned.

67L88Stingray
03-14-2018, 05:34 PM

Well, pretty much everyone that got Grond, Fell Beast, etc... is saying that. They have done that in the past even on preorders too so I wouldn't be shocked if they did. I remember when they discounted some including the new Balrog and Smaug a month or two after preorder went up so it can happen.

If you did end up returning, wouldn't you be on the hook for shipping both ways? Might end up cheaper, but would be a lot of hassle.

joogle
03-14-2018, 06:39 PM
It seems several are suspecting Isildur will be part of the sale, let see.

I just hope its not pins, shirts, etc.

travis
03-14-2018, 06:40 PM
Would love to get Forod

Malvo
03-14-2018, 07:19 PM
Well, pretty much everyone that got Grond, Fell Beast, etc... is saying that. They have done that in the past even on preorders too so I wouldn't be shocked if they did. I remember when they discounted some including the new Balrog and Smaug a month or two after preorder went up so it can happen.

If you did end up returning, wouldn't you be on the hook for shipping both ways? Might end up cheaper, but would be a lot of hassle.

Grond started shipping 6 months ago [Sept. 2017] and the Fell Beast two months ago [Jan. 2018]. I'm assuming the sales of the Fell Beast must have been pretty dismal given the fact it's already on sale. Not surprising in the least because it was always overpriced at $700.

Concerning the Balrog and Smaug statue, I don't recall either one going on sale for a good 2+ years after they started shipping. As for pre-orders being on sale before shipping, I'd love to know of a single example of that ever happening, because if it did happen no one would ever pre-order another statue from Weta again.

As for Isildur, I just picked mine up yesterday and haven't even inspected it yet, but based on my recent experiences with Weta I can just about guarantee there will be some flaw, even if minor. And that's all it will take for me to send this one back, with Weta covering the shipping costs both ways.

Malvo
03-14-2018, 07:41 PM
Would love to get Forod

Same here, but I suspect it and Gollum will have to wait until Black Friday. Weta charging $500 for the Ringwraith of Forod is a joke, even moreso considering we all just paid $500 for 3 Torturers, Thorin on Throne's, etc.....Given the recent trend of Weta's fire sales I doubt I'd even pay 1/2 price for that one, and I'd be shocked if Weta has even sold 20% of the total ES to date.

As for Gollum, Weta is going to have to offer a huge discount on that one, but even so it's not going to happen before they start shipping. I could actually see them scrapping that project altogether based on the price and lack of enthusiasm so far. I think someone calculated that 9 Gollum's had been sold in the 1st two weeks and if that's the case this entire project may be DOA. Just speculation on my part.

zadmax
03-14-2018, 10:29 PM
As for Gollum, Weta is going to have to offer a huge discount on that one, but even so it's not going to happen before they start shipping. I could actually see them scrapping that project altogether based on the price and lack of enthusiasm so far. I think someone calculated that 9 Gollum's had been sold in the 1st two weeks and if that's the case this entire project may be DOA. Just speculation on my part.

It would really be a shame if Weta scrapped Gollum, but I just don't see that happening as it would probably be the end of the whole Masters Collection line right out of the gate. I REALLY want Gollum. I think it looks amazing and was planning on ordering it, but I'm a bit shell shocked at the price.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out in the coming months as I believe it is supposed to start shipping fairly soon.

67L88Stingray
03-14-2018, 10:53 PM
Concerning the Balrog and Smaug statue, I don't recall either one going on sale for a good 2+ years after they started shipping. As for pre-orders being on sale before shipping, I'd love to know of a single example of that ever happening, because if it did happen no one would ever pre-order another statue from Weta again.

Those 2 were on sale as soon as they went up for preorder for a small window, then went back to full price. A short while later they did discount them even further than the early bird preorder discount(I preordered both of them during the 2nd preorder sale). It was a big issue at the time for those that ordered prior to the 2nd sale.

Malvo
03-15-2018, 12:47 AM
Those 2 were on sale as soon as they went up for preorder for a small window, then went back to full price. A short while later they did discount them even further than the early bird preorder discount(I preordered both of them during the 2nd preorder sale). It was a big issue at the time for those that ordered prior to the 2nd sale.

Now that you mention it, I do recall a pre-order promotion in which the Balrog and Smaug were both initially offered at $50 off the retail price when they first went up for pre-order. I can't remember how long that sale lasted, but I do know it was for a limited time. I don't recall a second pre-order sale, but I'll chalk that up to old age.

So I suppose anything's possible where Isildur is concerned. I'll certainly take advantage of the situation should it arise, but I think Weta would be making a huge mistake in devaluing Isildur so soon after releasing it.

Hellboy
03-15-2018, 12:59 AM
Big picture I think it’d be a mistake too but I suppose if their goal is to eliminate as much inventory as possible before tax time then there’s a slight chance they’ll do it regardless. Selfishly speaking I’d love to see him go up as I’ll be all over it.

Malvo
03-15-2018, 01:05 AM
It would really be a shame if Weta scrapped Gollum, but I just don't see that happening as it would probably be the end of the whole Masters Collection line right out of the gate. I REALLY want Gollum. I think it looks amazing and was planning on ordering it, but I'm a bit shell shocked at the price.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out in the coming months as I believe it is supposed to start shipping fairly soon.

I've wanted Gollum since the moment I first saw it, and the last thing I want to see is Gollum, or any future Master Collection statues scraped. That said, whoever priced this statue needs to have their head examined because that price is beyond insane. But you're right, it will be interesting to see how this thing plays out.

Malvo
03-15-2018, 01:31 AM
Big picture I think it’d be a mistake too but I suppose if their goal is to eliminate as much inventory as possible before tax time then there’s a slight chance they’ll do it regardless. Selfishly speaking I’d love to see him go up as I’ll be all over it.

I don't pretend to be a tax expert in New Zealand or anywhere else, but this is the first 'tax sale' I've ever heard of from Weta [or any other collectible company for that matter] and I've been collecting their statues since 2001. I suspect this tax time reasoning is BS, I think it much more likely they've got a warehouse full of statues and they've got to move some inventory because they're out of space.

I actually know a former Weta employee who worked in their movie prop department for 4 years before coming home last year. He was working for Weta when they began these Black Friday sales and he said they were the result of a warehouse filled to the rafters with statues and nowhere to put new batches.

gagaliya
03-15-2018, 10:30 AM
LOTR is their bread and butter, they will probably go out of business before that line stops.

You realize selling those statues is just a small part of weta right. Their profit comes from the movie business this is just a hobby for theM.

They are either clearing warehouse for space to store new arrivals or are winding down their statue series because they are not making money / selling.

The $500 for 3 at best weta is breaking even due to making some money off the high shipping, but most likely they are losing money.

On Rivendell they definitely losing money but no one has it shipped yet....

The whole tax sale thing is just marketing.

Malvo
03-15-2018, 12:48 PM
You realize selling those statues is just a small part of weta right. Their profit comes from the movie business this is just a hobby for theM.

They are either clearing warehouse for space to store new arrivals or are winding down their statue series because they are not making money / selling.

The $500 for 3 at best weta is breaking even due to making some money off the high shipping, but most likely they are losing money.

On Rivendell they definitely losing money but no one has it shipped yet....]

Back in the old SSW days Weta's production costs at the Fred Teng factory were approx $6 per statue and $3 per bust. That was strictly for the cost of material's [cement dust, resin, packaging, and graphic/shipping boxes] and labor at the factory. That didn't include the concept design costs, the costs related to the production of the original, or the molds but any way you slice it the profits were through the ceiling. Sure cost have gone up significantly since then, but so have the cost of these statues.

And based on what I was told by a former Weta employee, Weta is not losing money on any of these statues or environments, even at these prices. Not even close.

goto
03-15-2018, 02:10 PM
Happy as loyal european but duped customer that Mouth of Sauron,Batlle Troll and Thrandruil on Elk are not fall under this stockable sale madness!

El Diablo
03-15-2018, 03:08 PM
I went for the fell beast Bust, even after adding on shipping and tax it was still a £150 saving over the uk price so not too bad.

gagaliya
03-15-2018, 07:01 PM
Back in the old SSW days Weta's production costs at the Fred Teng factory were approx $6 per statue and $3 per bust. That was strictly for the cost of material's [cement dust, resin, packaging, and graphic/shipping boxes] and labor at the factory. That didn't include the concept design costs, the costs related to the production of the original, or the molds but any way you slice it the profits were through the ceiling. Sure cost have gone up significantly since then, but so have the cost of these statues.

And based on what I was told by a former Weta employee, Weta is not losing money on any of these statues or environments, even at these prices. Not even close.

What year is that?

To be fair though the statue weta has now is far more detailed and higher quality than their original statue from years ago.

67L88Stingray
03-15-2018, 08:04 PM
I don't pretend to be a tax expert in New Zealand or anywhere else, but this is the first 'tax sale' I've ever heard of from Weta [or any other collectible company for that matter] and I've been collecting their statues since 2001. I suspect this tax time reasoning is BS, I think it much more likely they've got a warehouse full of statues and they've got to move some inventory because they're out of space.

I actually know a former Weta employee who worked in their movie prop department for 4 years before coming home last year. He was working for Weta when they began these Black Friday sales and he said they were the result of a warehouse filled to the rafters with statues and nowhere to put new batches.

Its a real thing, you have to pay tax on inventory every year in many places.

67L88Stingray
03-15-2018, 08:12 PM

On Rivendell they definitely losing money but no one has it shipped yet....

Of course I know the collectibles division isn't the only arm of their company, but they make a ton off this stuff. Don't you worry about them losing money, they definitely aren't even at these sale prices(and even if they did it would be a tax write off).

Darth Milo
03-20-2018, 11:40 AM

Got a reply from Weta on the 14th.. Weta would organise collection for the wrong statue's and ship the correct ones but that was his only reply.
The good news is that the Torturer is back in stock at the E.U. warehouse which is only 60 miles from where I live...so it's very frustrating that I'm allready waiting 8 days..

SeekNdestroy
03-20-2018, 01:53 PM
Got a reply from Weta on the 14th.. Weta would organise collection for the wrong statue's and ship the correct ones but that was his only reply.
The good news is that the Torturer is back in stock at the E.U. warehouse which is only 60 miles from where I live...so it's very frustrating that I'm allready waiting 8 days..

Out of curiosity, how long did it take for you to receive a response from weta? I emailed them because I simply can’t log into my weta account but that was six days ago. I haven’t received a response.

Darth Milo
03-20-2018, 02:23 PM
Out of curiosity, how long did it take for you to receive a response from weta? I emailed them because I simply can’t log into my weta account but that was six days ago. I haven’t received a response.

Within 48 hours but I'm also waiting 6 days now for their second reply..

gagaliya
03-21-2018, 05:38 PM
hi, anyone who ordered rivendell as part of this sale have received tracking numbers yet?

All my other statues have shipped but still nothing on rivendell, just curious if anyone else got theirs shipped.

Fremen
03-21-2018, 05:40 PM
Me. I don't think they are shipping out the rest until June or something. They're awaiting the last of the stock.

travis
03-21-2018, 07:44 PM
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4772/40904897522_42644dc627_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/25jChVQ)DSC01863 (https://flic.kr/p/25jChVQ) by bainiceheart (https://www.flickr.com/photos/118234847@N03/), on Flickr

Fremen
03-21-2018, 07:46 PM
Oh wow. That looks great.

pinkxter
03-22-2018, 09:53 PM
check the newsletter folks

it seems like Weta oversold items

they are doing a inventory check and not shipping out items that are still pending it seems

pinkxter
03-22-2018, 09:54 PM
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4772/40904897522_42644dc627_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/25jChVQ)DSC01863 (https://flic.kr/p/25jChVQ) by bainiceheart (https://www.flickr.com/photos/118234847@N03/), on Flickr

incredible setup, love the idea and execution

67L88Stingray
03-22-2018, 10:23 PM
check the newsletter folks

it seems like Weta oversold items

they are doing a inventory check and not shipping out items that are still pending it seems
Wouldn't be the first time. They did that to me in the past, and looks like I still have 2 items not shipped yet so hopefully those are not ones oversold, but probably are.

pinkxter
03-22-2018, 10:56 PM
Wouldn't be the first time. They did that to me in the past, and looks like I still have 2 items not shipped yet so hopefully those are not ones oversold, but probably are.

Yup same here I expect some.of those items.to show sold out status after their count

67L88Stingray
03-25-2018, 06:23 PM
Yup same here I expect some.of those items.to show sold out status after their count

I probably wouldn't mind, as long as they made it right. I already have in hand or have tracking for the stuff I wanted most. I spent so much with them my UPS guy has to be pissed at me:hilarious:

pinkxter
03-25-2018, 08:48 PM
Ugh, I really wish their response time on emails/etc was better.

67L88Stingray
03-25-2018, 09:55 PM
Ugh, I really wish their response time on emails/etc was better.

Yea, I am waiting on a few of them myself. Couple pieces I got had some minor issues, but they need rectified. With all that sold these past weeks, probably going to be a extra long wait.

pinkxter
03-30-2018, 08:34 PM
this is completely unacceptable by Weta CS - they are not responding to any email.

I am now one step away from just disputing with my credit card on some matters that need to be resolved.

67L88Stingray
03-30-2018, 09:30 PM
this is completely unacceptable by Weta CS - they are not responding to any email.

I am now one step away from just disputing with my credit card on some matters that need to be resolved.

They have one guy doing all these who is no doubt going nuts will all the extra orders from this sale, just give it some time. If you do a charge back you will probably get blacklisted.

Dam_Beaver
04-03-2018, 03:18 PM
Anybody got something already shipped today, as the "counting the inventory" time should be over by 1-2 days ago. Just can't wait to get the Fell Beast Bust delivered :buttrock:

67L88Stingray
04-04-2018, 01:29 AM
Anybody got something already shipped today, as the "counting the inventory" time should be over by 1-2 days ago. Just can't wait to get the Fell Beast Bust delivered :buttrock:

Those should have already shipped if you were getting one that was in stock, sounds like you might be in the June batch.

Dam_Beaver
04-04-2018, 07:32 AM
Well, I first ordered with a payment plan of 2 months, but charged my credit card for the pay-off earlier than scheduled and shortly before this „counting inventory“ time started.

67L88Stingray
04-05-2018, 06:29 AM
Well, I first ordered with a payment plan of 2 months, but charged my credit card for the pay-off earlier than scheduled and shortly before this „counting inventory“ time started.

Yea, you probably got put at the back of the line then.

gagaliya
04-07-2018, 03:54 PM
none of my rivendell shipped. i was also promised i will get the missing weta dollars as i was a gold collector but they never gave me the bonus points. None of it happened.

Come to think of it, over the last few years, their customer service has never solved a single problem for me, whether credit card issues, selling items out of stock, or shipping from wrong warehouse. I had to either accept it or just cancel the item. And that's a customer who spends thousands with them each year.

All of it was handled by 1 guy only, and he never solves anything, never replies to emails unless you keep chasing him. Just horrible

67L88Stingray
04-07-2018, 09:43 PM
All my issues have been handled quickly and to my satisfaction thus far prior to this big sale. Points have always been credited, out of stock orders were given other compensation, refunds issued, and replacements sent when needed. It is painfully slow right now though, but they should eventually catch up. I have about 4 or 5 tickets right now for issues and I have only heard back on one.

67L88Stingray
04-11-2018, 01:02 AM
Apparently their regular guy that handles their returns/exchanges was out with a bad flu bug, he replied to my messages and apologized.

joogle
04-12-2018, 09:40 PM
If anyone wants a torturer or Fellbeast Bust, let me know.

67L88Stingray
04-12-2018, 11:05 PM
If anyone wants a torturer or Fellbeast Bust, let me know.

Why are you selling the fell beast?

joogle
04-13-2018, 10:45 PM
Why are you selling the fell beast?

I got vetoed to not have it displayed, hence need to sell it

gagaliya
04-21-2018, 10:27 AM
anyone got their Rivendell shipped yet. This is ridiculous.

DarkShadow
04-21-2018, 05:02 PM
anyone got their Rivendell shipped yet. This is ridiculous.

Their website said that if stock runs out in your local warehouse, you will have to wait untill june untill a new batch arrives from their central warehouse. Patience.

gagaliya
06-20-2018, 05:31 PM
Still no Rivendell

Hellboy
06-20-2018, 06:58 PM
Still no Rivendell

Estimated arrival was June no? Knowing Weta that’ll be July. Small price to pay for such a good deal I’d say.

67L88Stingray
06-25-2018, 12:30 AM
Estimated arrival was June no? Knowing Weta that’ll be July. Small price to pay for such a good deal I’d say.
Still waiting on a couple pieces myself, but I wasn't lucky enough to get a Rivendell for that cheap(I overpaid when they announced they were sold out a year or so ago, before they decided to make more, thanks weta!)

Remember Me?
06-25-2018, 07:33 PM
I am still waiting for the Fell Beast bust. WTH is taking so long to ship it?

67L88Stingray
06-25-2018, 11:50 PM
I am still waiting for the Fell Beast bust. WTH is taking so long to ship it?
Good question, possibly the factory can't crank so many out when they got that massive amount of orders over their current stock. It is still June, so as long as they ship soon they are still within their estimate.

gagaliya
07-01-2018, 11:24 AM
none of this makes any sense. Weta has some fire sales to clear unsold inventory from their warehouse to make room.

Yet now it seems they are having factory making fresh batches just to be sold by the fire sale? At least that's what people in this thread is saying to justify the months delay for supposedly in stock items after they took our money.

I dont understand how this make any sense, to go through all the trouble and make statues that are sold 50-70% off instead of just cancelling the orders like they always do when they oversold in all previous fire sales.

I think we are being played and in for a rude surprise soon, happy to be wrong if they actually ships.

DarkShadow
07-01-2018, 05:24 PM
none of this makes any sense. Weta has some fire sales to clear unsold inventory from their warehouse to make room.

Yet now it seems they are having factory making fresh batches just to be sold by the fire sale? At least that's what people in this thread is saying to justify the months delay for supposedly in stock items after they took our money.

I dont understand how this make any sense, to go through all the trouble and make statues that are sold 50-70% off instead of just cancelling the orders like they always do when they oversold in all previous fire sales.

I think we are being played and in for a rude surprise soon, happy to be wrong if they actually ships.

Yes, I'm sure a major visual effects studio doing collectibles on the side wants to throw away its reputation by grabbing customers money on a few collectibles and legging it :peoples:

67L88Stingray
07-02-2018, 12:26 AM
Yes, I'm sure a major visual effects studio doing collectibles on the side wants to throw away its reputation by grabbing customers money on a few collectibles and legging it :peoples:

I don't think that is what he meant, they have oversold in the past and issued refunds well after the orders were placed. He wasn't talking about them trying to steal.

DarkShadow
07-02-2018, 05:09 AM
I don't think that is what he meant, they have oversold in the past and issued refunds well after the orders were placed. He wasn't talking about them trying to steal.

Ah, sorry. The being played part in his message got me thinking like that.

Anyway, I was wondering about that, as I saw on Facebook someone say they oversold Grond, and that he ended up getting a refund for it. So I asked customer support, I had several statues on pre-order from that sale, Grond, Fell Beast bust, Rivendell (x2, I had everything else already). They confirmed that yes, I would get everything with an estimated time of arrival in June. Weirdly enough, I already got Grond, it seemed that that was still in stock in the EU warehouse. That the other stuff might end up shipping in July instead of June doesn't really surprise me. Delays in shipping can happen quite easily.

I also have Eomer on pre-order, and I asked today if it would really come in July, and they said yes, it would be charged and dispatched in the next 3 weeks, so I'm starting to think that's one big shipment coming into their warehouses this month.

gagaliya
08-07-2018, 09:42 PM
so anyone got their rivendell? we are now in august and not a peep from weta.

Remember Me?
08-09-2018, 10:32 AM
My Fell Beast bust was shipped out yesterday after I made my final payment back in May.

67L88Stingray
08-09-2018, 11:10 PM
My pieces finally shipped also(didn't have a Rivendell)

pinkxter
08-12-2018, 12:30 AM
my two rivendell shipped

Darth Milo
08-17-2018, 04:16 PM
For those of you who are still waiting for a statue (or more) from the "stocktake sale", I just received this message from Weta:

"Apologies, we have just discovered we had a short fall of stock sent to our Warehouses.

More stock is having to be sent from our Warehouse in China.

This means it is still approx 8 weeks away from being dispatched to you.

Please let me know if you are happy to wait or if you'd prefer we cancel and refund your order."

So my wait for the Torturer of Dol Guldur statue (that was supposed to ship this march) continues..:drama:

pinkxter
08-19-2018, 04:21 PM
I got Rivendell, both of them and am disappointed.

What is upsetting me is this box must have like 4-6 QC stamps.

Where do I start, areas where the paint is chipped, blobs of glue, or that I am pretty sure they forgot to paint the stripes on the roof.

Ugh - anyone else get their Rivendell?

67L88Stingray
08-19-2018, 05:31 PM
Qc must be there for making sure it isn't broken in half or something.

pinkxter
08-19-2018, 06:19 PM
Qc must be there for making sure it isn't broken in half or something.

i think you are 100% right

pinkxter
08-22-2018, 10:03 PM
Only option in regards to Rivendell given to me is to destroy for full refund.

No other option, no replacement, no partial refund.

What would you all recommend?

Thanks

gagaliya
11-05-2018, 02:59 AM
Hi is anyone still waiting for their Rivendell? I still haven’t received mine from weta