PDA

View Full Version : A Tale of Two Boxes.

Zurbaran1
09-30-2005, 07:21 PM
This has been box week. Really, really big, gigantic box week. On Wednesday I got my Sauron box. Damn, that was one big box. Open her up and son of a gun, Sauron is damaged. Well back he goes. I've gotten an RMA from Sideshow and he sits in the hallway waiting for UPS to take him back.

On Thursday I got my MR AT-AT signature series. Makes Sauron's box look like a shoe box. Big, gigantic, freaking monstrous box. My wife took one look at it and asked me with a glare, "Does someone live in their?" Then she stopped talking to me for a couple of hours, no joke. I left the box be figuring it would be best to let things settle down with the better half. She's cool today and expressed some curiousity as to what lived in the box so I finally opened it and not without a bit of trepidation. It looks like UPS tried their best to do what The Rebellion had a hard time doing, bring down an AT-AT. Here's a shot of the box. They wrapped brown paper around one end. It looks like they covered water damage caused when they dunked the box in Lake Pontchartrain on it's way here. Here's a picture and that's the good side of the box you're looking at.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b396/Zurbaran1/fire.jpg

As I was putting the AT-AT together I found two small pieces of resin on the base. Sh*t! Once I had the AT-AT attached to the base I went crazy going over it looking for where those two pieces could have come from. I found nothing. I breathed a sigh of relief and was ready to write it off as some left over resin from some other broken statue. Then I took a good look under the AT-ATs belly and darned if I don't find the damage. The jet engine like nacele was broken. Here I am pointing to it (go for it cap70, now you have a picture of my finger, do your worst):

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b396/Zurbaran1/fireside1.jpg

Here's the damage close up:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b396/Zurbaran1/fireside3.jpg

Now I've got a sizeable broken piece but I'm only looking at two small pieces of resin. I look all over the place and can't find a damn thing. Where the hell is that big piece? I finally look inside the box and embedded in the protective styrofoam, and I do mean embedded, is the missing piece. I had to pry it loose with a tweezer. Here it is:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b396/Zurbaran1/fireside7.jpg

I literally had to pry that piece loose with a pair of tweezers. That's the most confusing part of all this. It was like someone shot that piece into the styrofoam from a gun. If it broke off during shipping thanks to UPS's careful handling I can see it rattling around loose inside like the other two pieces. I just don't see how this thing could have broken off during shipping and embedded itself like that. Oh well. I've contacted my dealer and I'm sure he'll make this one right.

Now I've got two freaking big boxes in my hallway and we're having a hard time getting around. Arghhhhhh!

boondocksaint
09-30-2005, 07:23 PM
thats my kinda box!

cap70
09-30-2005, 07:26 PM
Yup, that suxs Zurb. Like we talked about before, mine have a crack, even tough my piece stills holding on. I couldn't see it since it faced backwards, but after seeing the pics you sent me, I checked in the back and saw the same thing. What a shame from MR to ship an expensive item like this one with ONLY the outter box. It SHOULD had an own box. :mad:

Edit: The "crack" on mine is in the back of the AT-AT.

boondocksaint
09-30-2005, 07:34 PM
sorry to hear that zurby

Zurbaran1
09-30-2005, 08:09 PM
thats my kinda box!

It's big enough for you to fit into. :laugh:

leks
09-30-2005, 08:10 PM
Now I am starting to see why you guys still have the death penalty :mad:

P1X4R
09-30-2005, 08:10 PM
sorry to hear that Zurb. actually, i'd better open mine up completely to check. i only took the base out for a few quick shots. i'll assemble mine tomorrow. i've been in the middle of moving my stuff into storage that i've delayed opening it up completely only because i know i'll have to pack it back in again. i hate moving. :(

P1X4R
09-30-2005, 08:14 PM
speaking of monstrous boxes. here's my list in order of difficulty.

1) MR AT-AT (1st and 2nd)
2) Sideshow 1:1 Predator bust
3) Attakus Jabba the Hut
4) Sideshow Sauron statue

Zurbaran1
09-30-2005, 08:22 PM
sorry to hear that Zurb. actually, i'd better open mine up completely to check. i only took the base out for a few quick shots. i'll assemble mine tomorrow. i've been in the middle of moving my stuff into storage that i've delayed opening it up completely only because i know i'll have to pack it back in again. i hate moving. :(

This one is a real pain because you can't just take it out to look at and then pop it back in. You have to attach the base flip it over and then go at it. I've now managed to reverse the whole process and get it back into it's box. Big PITA that was. And, I just got off the phone with MR and they are going to order me a replacement. He's e-mailing me a prepaid return label within the next hour. I have to drop it off at FedEx which is a bummer. I was hoping they'd come to get it as that box is heavy! Oh well, I'll keep my fingers crossed on the replacement.

boondocksaint
09-30-2005, 08:31 PM
It's big enough for you to fit into. :laugh:

maybe not! :)

cap70
09-30-2005, 08:42 PM
speaking of monstrous boxes. here's my list in order of difficulty.

1) MR AT-AT (1st and 2nd)
2) Sideshow 1:1 Predator bust
3) Attakus Jabba the Hut
4) Sideshow Sauron statue

That's my top 4 also. :laugh:
The AT-AT box is HUGE! Looks like a fridge that thing.

cap70
09-30-2005, 08:43 PM
maybe not! :)

Depends on who cuts you. :eplus2:

boondocksaint
09-30-2005, 08:43 PM
you returning it zurb?

Zurbaran1
09-30-2005, 08:50 PM
Well, I am good to go, at least until the replacement arrives. Very good customer service, I must say. Just got an e-mail from MR:

We do apologize for the inconvience that was caused, in closed will be a link to your shipping label- please enclose only the item to be returned and nothing else. (just the AT Walker). Please print and attach shipping label to the return box. Your replacement is already ordered and being processed and you can call any time to check on the status of the replacement, please allow processing time and delivery time.

I am curious though as to what else I could enclose. Maybe they think I may try to slip one of my kids in there and try to pawn her off on them? Now, the box is big enough to make for a comfortable trip and there should be plenty of air in there, so I guess it's possible that they've already gotten a kid or two back with damaged AT-ATs. :laugh:

Zurbaran1
09-30-2005, 08:52 PM
you returning it zurb?

It's packed and ready to go.

thx217
10-01-2005, 02:54 AM
Ouch. Sorry about the Zurb. The replacement should make you happy again. :)

Exar Kun
10-01-2005, 03:54 AM
Yup, sorry to see that too. Especially for a very expensive and anticipated piece like that.

I do not have it and do not intend to, but I am a little disappointed by the lack of box :mad: . I have expected to see sth. more like the CM items.

Zurbaran1
10-01-2005, 11:15 AM
It's a bit frustrating but I am sure it will be OK in the end. I was going to send it back today but now I'm wondering if I am supposed to keep some of the stuff that was included. I received an e-mail from MR, late last night, saying that I would keep the number that was issued to me and that got me to wondering. I'm waiting to hear from them if they actually did mean just send back the AT-AT.

Through all this I did want to mention that I picked this up from Bob at Fireside and he's been great about the whole thing. Quick and eager to help get this all set straight.

elwood49
10-01-2005, 12:56 PM
I've also gotten Sauron and the AT-AT within the last week, and like you Zurb, I've now got a "box problem" because of just how damn big the AT-AT's box is. I've considered throwing it away, because I can't see myself selling this piece. The only reason that I'm keeping it is because I'm sure to move many more times in my life.

I actually had to take the box (along with the rest of my other boxes) to the attic in may parent's house. Once I get married, and stop renting for good, then I'm sure my storage issue won't be nearly as pronounced.

Sauron's box isn't too bad after you throw the outer shipping box away like I did. The inner box is much more manageable space-wise.

Zurbaran1
10-01-2005, 01:32 PM
When I finally get a good replacement AT-AT, I may very well just ditch the whole box. It's just too damn big. Not likely I ever will but, if I ever sell I sure as hell don't want any part of the headache shipping it would be. If I move I'll be very, very, very careful.

darthrobbler
10-01-2005, 04:28 PM
That sucks. They put my Pepsi Yoda Box thru hell too.

Sniper
10-01-2005, 08:24 PM
That Sucks Elephant Balls!!!!

gol
10-02-2005, 01:29 AM
The "crack" on mine is in the back of the AT-AT

you sure it's not just his buttcrack?

thx217
10-02-2005, 02:39 AM
That Sucks Elephant Balls!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Collection King 13
10-02-2005, 10:02 AM
That sux Zurby!!!

sith lord utinni!
10-02-2005, 01:26 PM
Snipers post^ :laugh: :laugh:

Grievous
10-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Think of it as "battle damage". :)

Bullseye
10-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Zurb if you ever move it will be a NM for your wife.

ATATDRIVER
10-02-2005, 03:53 PM
My AT-AT came by UPS and was in mint condition. But, the driver had made a special trip to my house for the delivery and some how she forgot her dolly. She was like " I guess I'll have to come back tomorrow with the dolly, because the box is too big to carry." And I was like " Yeah right! Watch out , I'll get it." I carried it into the house by myself, and then went outside to see if I could find my balls! That thing was huge and pretty heavy!

Sniper
10-02-2005, 08:09 PM
My AT-AT came by UPS and was in mint condition. But, the driver had made a special trip to my house for the delivery and some how she forgot her dolly. She was like " I guess I'll have to come back tomorrow with the dolly, because the box is too big to carry." And I was like " Yeah right! Watch out , I'll get it." I carried it into the house by myself, and then went outside to see if I could find my balls! That thing was huge and pretty heavy!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Zurbaran1
10-02-2005, 08:19 PM
Zurb if you ever move it will be a NM for your wife.

I'm a bit slow on this one. NM?

Mike
10-03-2005, 01:11 AM
It's a bit frustrating but I am sure it will be OK in the end. I was going to send it back today but now I'm wondering if I am supposed to keep some of the stuff that was included. I received an e-mail from MR, late last night, saying that I would keep the number that was issued to me and that got me to wondering. I'm waiting to hear from them if they actually did mean just send back the AT-AT.

Through all this I did want to mention that I picked this up from Bob at Fireside and he's been great about the whole thing. Quick and eager to help get this all set straight.

Most likely they just want the AT-AT itself back (no case, plaque ect.). Wait till you hear back from customer service though what I say means nothing :P

You're right Bob is the man.

eydylhands
10-03-2005, 08:08 AM
I had a return with them and all they wanted was the actual item...nothing more.

THey had me send back my trek communicator without the display case and paperwork.

jm

JSA
10-03-2005, 08:18 AM

Laughing to the point of tears! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JS

Zurbaran1
10-03-2005, 08:26 AM
I had a return with them and all they wanted was the actual item...nothing more.

THey had me send back my trek communicator without the display case and paperwork.

jm

I believe that is correct. Of course, I packed up the whole thing before I started to think about this. They did get back in touch with me and told me to hold onto it until the replacement came and then just send back whatever did come with the replacement.

Bullseye
10-03-2005, 08:38 AM
I'm a bit slow on this one. NM?

Nightmare :)

Zurbaran1
10-03-2005, 08:46 AM
Nightmare :)

Ah, I see. Well if you ask her, it already is. :laugh:

Foord
10-03-2005, 12:03 PM
I believe that is correct. Of course, I packed up the whole thing before I started to think about this. They did get back in touch with me and told me to hold onto it until the replacement came and then just send back whatever did come with the replacement.

That means you'll have 2 of those huge boxes at your place at the same time. Good luck with that!

Zurbaran1
10-03-2005, 12:15 PM
That means you'll have 2 of those huge boxes at your place at the same time. Good luck with that!

Tell me about it. :banghead:

Zurbaran1
10-04-2005, 09:53 AM
Wow talk about great customer service! Cap70 warned me and when I checked sure enough my replacement AT-AT has shipped and it gets here tomorrow. Interestingly, it looks like they have a warehouse right around here because the replacement is shipping from Edison, NJ.

Zurbaran1
10-04-2005, 10:00 AM
I'm posting at 9:58pm but for some reason my forum time is twelve hours off and showing AM. Anyone else having this problem?

P1X4R
10-04-2005, 10:31 PM
let's see. i'm posting this at 7:31PM PST..

P1X4R
10-04-2005, 10:33 PM
time looks ok to me but your last post says 07:00AM. weird.

btw, i finally opened my MR SE AT-AT for inspection. oh man, that box was a HUGE pain to carry. i am happy to report that all is well. whew!

cap70
10-04-2005, 10:52 PM
Wow talk about great customer service! Cap70 warned me and when I checked sure enough my replacement AT-AT has shipped and it gets here tomorrow. Interestingly, it looks like they have a warehouse right around here because the replacement is shipping from Edison, NJ.

Nice! My replacement acrylic cover and unit it's arriving for me friday.
Lori is awesome, and MR customer service is top notch!

lancelin
10-05-2005, 12:16 AM
cap, you live around Edison NJ?? Me too.

cap70
10-05-2005, 03:31 AM
cap, you live around Edison NJ?? Me too.

Nope, Zurb does. He have a house in there that makes Bruce Springsteen home looking like a shoe box!

Bullseye
10-05-2005, 08:29 AM
I thought Zurb lived on Long Island.

cap70
10-05-2005, 08:44 AM

That was a joke, Bulls. ;)
I dunno where Zurb lives(New York, where I dunno), probably in the closet after all the purchases he have been making! :laugh:

Bullseye
10-05-2005, 08:48 AM
I just don't get you Miami people at all.:)

cap70
10-05-2005, 08:49 AM
Neither do I! :laugh:

Bullseye
10-05-2005, 08:51 AM
Between you and Jesse i think i'll skip Florida.:)

Zurbaran1
10-05-2005, 09:06 AM

NYC, Queens. Which physically shares the island with Brooklyn and Long Island

Zurbaran1
10-05-2005, 09:07 AM
Nope, Zurb does. He have a house in there that makes Bruce Springsteen home looking like a shoe box!

Don't exaggerate. My house makes Springsteen's garage look like a shoe box! Probably a pretty big shoebox at that.

lancelin
10-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Moving close to Zurb next year March. Currently, I live in Edision, NJ... But got to move my office around JFK airport to expand my biz...

Lance

Zurbaran1
10-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Moving close to Zurb next year March. Currently, I live in Edision, NJ... But got to move my office around JFK airport to expand my biz...

Lance

Oh, oh! Should I be afraid. What is your business?

cap70
10-05-2005, 07:32 PM
Oh, oh! Should I be afraid. What is your business?

The same as yours, probably, SHADLWFB. :laugh:

Zurbaran1
10-05-2005, 07:37 PM
cap, you should be afraid. Check out the e-mail I am sending you.

cap70
10-05-2005, 07:44 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

A-mazing... You got email.

lancelin
10-05-2005, 08:24 PM
I started a small shipping company 2 years ago. :)

Lance

P1X4R
10-05-2005, 08:35 PM
you guys are talking code. share the love yo!

Zurbaran1
10-05-2005, 10:40 PM
P1X, here is what we are talking about. The tale of two boxes just gets weirder and weirder. First, MR Customer Service is very responsive. I called in my problem last Friday and they were all over it. I received my replacement AT-AT today. The box I got this time while big, was much smaller than the original and not at all banged up. But I sure would feel a lot better if this one had some kind of FRAGILE notification on it. It didn't. Nothing what so ever on the box. And no indication of which end is up. Anyone who has one of these knows you have to attach the base to the upside down AT-AT before you can take it out and remove the styrofoam. With no indication, I open the end I think is up and well, it isn't. I carefully turn it over and open the other end. I am stunned by what I see. Here some pictures of the legs on my AT-ATs (which I now have two of) :) . The first set of pictures (the two on the left) are from the damaged AT-AT. The legs were not an issue, they are fine. Look at the upper left leg in particular. The second set of pictures (the two on the right) is of the replacement AT-AT I received today. Again look at the leg in the upper left. I've included closeups of both upper left legs. The replacement does not have the post in the center of the upper left leg. It appears to be on the "toe" in the 9 o'clock position. This leg is also somewhat angled while the legs on the damaged one are totally flat. I couldn't believe this! At first I thought this was a major defect. Someone in QC really dropped the ball letting this one get by. The holes in the snow base are through the center of each leg. NO way will this one seat properly on the base. I'm not even going to try. After I settled down a bit (and talked to Drew about it) :) I got to thinking and I am willing to bet they sent me the first AT-AT by mistake and not the new Signature Edition one. Can you guys with the first one verify that your legs look like the replacement legs I got. Well I guess it is back to MR for me. I'm gonna give them one more chance to get this right. For now I have two big boxes sitting in my garage waiting to go back. Any more boxes and my car may wind up on the street.

galactus
10-05-2005, 10:43 PM
...After I settled down a bit AND TALKED WITH DREW ABOUT IT, I got to thinking and I am willing to bet that they sent me the first AT-AT by mistake and not the new Signature Edition one...

:laugh:

cap70
10-05-2005, 11:06 PM
Zurb, they probably sent you the old one! Amazing. I REALLY hope they sent me the right one! I just emailed them and hope to hear from Lori soon.

Zurbaran1
10-05-2005, 11:07 PM
:laugh:

That's just the way it happened, too. :laugh:

Zurbaran1
10-05-2005, 11:13 PM
Zurb, they probably sent you the old one! Amazing. I REALLY hope they sent me the right one! I just emailed them and hope to hear from Lori soon.

I'm sure they sent you the right one but if they didn't not much you can do about it now as it is on it's way. I'm hoping to get this all straightened out tomorrow. For all my troubles, maybe they'll tell me to keep the old one and send me the base for that one with the correct replacement. I know. Not likely.

P1X4R
10-05-2005, 11:15 PM
oh wow! you got the first one! i can tell by those last two pics. sorry to hear that. let us know how it turns out. MR's customer service is not what it used to be. it seems like their customer service is understaffed. they don't respond to emails in a timely manner anymore. the best way is call them directly.

cap70
10-05-2005, 11:16 PM
For all my troubles, maybe they'll tell me to keep the old one and send me the base for that one with the correct replacement. I know. Not likely.

Yup, that's what I'm going to ask them if they send me the old one! :eplus2:

cap70
10-05-2005, 11:32 PM
Oh man, they probably sent me the old one too! :mad:
Here's what says on my online invoice:
"AT-AT Imperial Walker LE ESB repl unit" - shipped.
I'm assuming if it was the new one, then it would read Signature Edition, or SE.

damn...

Zurbaran1
10-06-2005, 08:47 AM
Doesn't look good cap, that's what my online invoice says too!

cap70
10-06-2005, 08:50 AM
Doesn't look good cap, that's what my online invoice says too!

Damn man...
What time they open? I gotta call them

Zurbaran1
10-06-2005, 08:56 AM
Damn man...

Why bother at this point? The AT-AT is on it's way, you can't change that. The way things are going with them they'll want you to be sure they actually did send you the wrong one. Wait until you have it so you can be sure and then call them. This is becoming quite the circus.

cap70
10-06-2005, 09:04 AM
Why bother at this point? The AT-AT is on it's way, you can't change that. The way things are going with them they'll want you to be sure they actually did send you the wrong one. Wait until you have it so you can be sure and then call them. This is becoming quite the circus.

Amazing, in all my emails I refered to it as the Signature Edition one. But maybe calling them and letting them know before I get it, I could refuse delivery and have them sending me the right one faster. Not to count the "trouble" of having two big boxes laying around and waiting for a third one to come. I just want to get it solved fast.

Zurbaran1
10-06-2005, 09:34 AM
Amazing, in all my emails I refered to it as the Signature Edition one. But maybe calling them and letting them know before I get it, I could refuse delivery and have them sending me the right one faster. Not to count the "trouble" of having two big boxes laying around and waiting for a third one to come. I just want to get it solved fast.

That's true. I even did you on better. I think I kept referring to it as the Phil Tippett Signature Edition. Maybe they are trying to unload the others.

cap70
10-06-2005, 09:45 AM
That's true. I even did you on better. I think I kept referring to it as the Phil Tippett Signature Edition. Maybe they are trying to unload the others.

If atleast they let us keep the one they sent by mistake :laugh:
Why don't you ask that? They may let you, no kidding...

elwood49
10-06-2005, 10:03 AM
Oh man, they probably sent me the old one too! :mad:
Here's what says on my online invoice:
"AT-AT Imperial Walker LE ESB repl unit" - shipped.
I'm assuming if it was the new one, then it would read Signature Edition, or SE.

damn...

LOL. Guys, I had to get a replacement case for my Luke ANH EE, and their Customer Service tried to send me a stand for an FX saber!

Luckily, I kept checking my account, and as soon as the wrong one showed up as ordered, I called them to get the right one. My advice to you is to speak to them over the phone, and then monitor your account online to see what they actually ordered for you.

I get the feeling that their CS people don't have a clue what their own products are. I assumed I was talking to people that knew everything about the products (like this forum), and I was wrong. They're very nice people, though, and will get everything worked out. Always do it over the phone with MR, NEVER use e-mail.

Mike
10-06-2005, 11:02 AM
Damn man...

8:30 PST

Foord
10-06-2005, 11:48 AM
By the time you both get your third box, you should at least be able to make 1 good one out of the three... Unless there's a 3rd version they could send? Sheesh

cap70
10-06-2005, 02:04 PM
LOL. Guys, I had to get a replacement case for my Luke ANH EE, and their Customer Service tried to send me a stand for an FX saber!

Luckily, I kept checking my account, and as soon as the wrong one showed up as ordered, I called them to get the right one. My advice to you is to speak to them over the phone, and then monitor your account online to see what they actually ordered for you.

I get the feeling that their CS people don't have a clue what their own products are. I assumed I was talking to people that knew everything about the products (like this forum), and I was wrong. They're very nice people, though, and will get everything worked out. Always do it over the phone with MR, NEVER use e-mail.

Hahahaha, I wish I bought a .45 mini saber and they send me a EE! That would be sweet. :)
I will wait until tomorrow to see what's coming. I'm getting the replacement acrylic cover also since mine was so bent I could put my fingers trough it! Does anyone know if the acrylic covers are the same size in both models?

Zurbaran1
10-06-2005, 05:42 PM
I followed up my e-mail of last night with a phone call this afternoon. Explained the situation and how I now have two AT-ATs that I can't really display. The girl checked and saw that the only ones available are the Non Signature Edition ones and that's why those were sent out. I guess they just sent what they had at hand as opposed to what we actually needed. So cap, it doesn't sound good for your package tomorrow. She has to send the information up to corporate and they will get back to me as far as what happens next.

cap70
10-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Damn...She didn't give you any date or how long would take to get the new model out?

Zurbaran1
10-06-2005, 05:56 PM
Damn...She didn't give you any date or how long would take to get the new model out?

No she didn't but I get the impression it will not be a quick turn-a-round like we had with the wrong replacements. She said I would hear back from corporate within a week.

elwood49
10-06-2005, 06:01 PM
No she didn't but I get the impression it will not be a quick turn-a-round like we had with the wrong replacements. She said I would here back from corporate within a week.

It sounds like you guys may have to wait for them to make some more. :banghead:

cap70
10-06-2005, 06:03 PM
No she didn't but I get the impression it will not be a quick turn-a-round like we had with the wrong replacements. She said I would here back from corporate within a week.

Oh well, nothing to do now other then wait. Thanks, Zurb. I will be calling them tomorrow after I get my two boxes( cover and AT-AT)

cap70
10-06-2005, 06:07 PM

Yup, amazing. :(

Zurbaran1
10-06-2005, 07:19 PM

Yes, I think that is what is going on.

cap70
10-07-2005, 01:50 PM
Mine just arrived. OLD one! :mad:

cap70
10-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Yes, I think that is what is going on.

Now thinking better, that's what the AP are for, when customers need replacement, unless they don't have any in stock. Does your replacement unit box have AP writen on it, Zurb?
The old model I just got have.

Zurbaran1
10-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Nope. My box has nothing at all on it. Not even one little old Fragile Handle With Care. It looks like they cobbed my box together. It's just big enough to hold the AT-AT contained in the styrofoam. Your box must be bigger since you got the acrylic cover. Is your box the same size as the one for the damaged piece?

cap70
10-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Nope. My box has nothing at all on it. Not even one little old Fragile Handle With Care. It looks like they cobbed my box together. It's just big enough to hold the AT-AT contained in the styrofoam. Your box must be bigger since you got the acrylic cover. Is your box the same size as the one for the damaged piece?

Yup, not only that, I got TWO big boxes! One came holding the unit( no writen at all on this one) and the other one it's the same size as the Signature Edition box, HUGE! And it's writen just like a regular box, but it have AP after the model number. The acrylic cover came in this one, together with the mirror base.
Now I have 2 GIGANTIC boxes, and a GOOD sized one in my living room.
Ah, and the acrylic replacement cover came unglued on the top! Can you believe that? a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

Zurbaran1
10-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Yup, not only that, I got TWO big boxes! One came holding the unit( no writen at all on this one) and the other one it's the same size as the Signature Edition box, HUGE! And it's writen just like a regular box, but it have AP after the model number. The acrylic cover came in this one, together with the mirror base.
Now I have 2 GIGANTIC boxes, and a GOOD sized one in my living room.
Ah, and the acrylic replacement cover came unglued on the top! Can you believe that? a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

Whoa. But it sounds like you have a complete old AT-AT.

darthrobbler
10-07-2005, 04:51 PM
My store carried the FX lightsabers for a while and we got one in that was damaged and all they wanted for an exchange was the sound/battery case from inside the handle.

Zurbaran1
10-10-2005, 12:38 PM
This could be coming to a resolution soon. I just got a call from Lori at MR Customer Service. She was extremely nice and apologetic. The correct replacement AT-AT will be on it's way within the next few days. Unfortunately the old AT-AT has to go back. Yes this has been a bit of a mess but MR Customer Service has bent over backwards to take care of me and that reflects positively on them in my book.

cap70
10-10-2005, 12:40 PM
This could be coming to a resolution soon. I just got a call from Lori at MR Customer Service. She was extremely nice and apologetic. The correct replacement AT-AT will be on it's way within the next few days. Unfortunately the old AT-AT has to go back. Yes this has been a bit of a mess but MR Customer Service has bent over backwards to take care of me and that reflects positively on them in my book.

Same thing happened here. ;)

Zurbaran1
11-09-2005, 02:44 PM
I don't know if anybody is still interested or even cares but my tale of two boxes has come to a conclusion. The AT-AT situation got pretty thoroughly mishandled by MR to the point where I decided to return everything and ask for my money back. No need to get into the details but I was extremely unhappy with the way it was being handled. I purchased this one from Bob at Fireside Collectibles and I made it very clear to him right from the get go that none of this was his fault. And it was not his mess to clean up either. When I informed him that I was sending everything back he jumped in. Got on the phone with MR and called me personally. I don't know what he did but let me tell you I am now one happy camper. He completely got things set straight. To MR's credit, they stepped up, took responsibility for the screw up and like I said, I am one happy camper. So, kudos to MR, they are a quality company and really do care. And a great big shout out to Bob at Fireside Collectibles. Talk about customer service, this was customer service like I have never seen before. I know from talking to others, this is not an exception, but the way the man runs his business.

P1X4R
11-09-2005, 02:57 PM
glad to hear it worked out for you Zurb.

risingstar
11-09-2005, 03:32 PM
Sorry to hear that your tale ended with no AT-AT.
At least you ran into a stand-up seller eager to make things right.
Boy, you sure can't have enough of those guys around.

Now you can save that cash for the Millennium Falcon!

lancelin
11-09-2005, 05:16 PM
Zurb,

We all know you are getting the money back so you can buy the more of the 1/4 SS PMs that will be announced this week. :) :) :laugh: :laugh:

Lance

RichardW
11-09-2005, 08:05 PM
This Fantactular hasn't been very spectacular. They've announced, what, one thing so far (12 inch Luke)?

Sniper
11-09-2005, 09:33 PM
good to see it worked out 4 you zurbby!!!!!

thx217
11-10-2005, 01:30 AM
good to see it worked out 4 you zurbby!!!!!

Same here, because this could happened to any of us. :)