PDA

View Full Version : Astonishing Wolverine bust here!....but cheh!

GOHYOUTAT
10-03-2005, 09:02 AM
Finally got the new view of this astonishing Wolverine bust! well....not really that great after a closer look. Bowen's Wolverine also not really that good with that umimproved posture. I think I'll still stick with the Tower Records one. Still the best! Save my money also. I've also posted my thoughts on the individual busts.

Sniper
10-03-2005, 09:06 AM
That tower records one looks cross-eyed, never liked this one. I thought it is the worse of the three, I guess to each his own.

Leon
10-03-2005, 10:30 AM
I think I like the tower records one the most, but the claws on that one aren't that great either. Too much apart.

darthrobbler
10-03-2005, 12:49 PM
I don't like it. I still like the Bowen better even if it is the same pose as the others.

Apocalypse06
10-03-2005, 12:50 PM
bowen is the best

risingstar
10-03-2005, 01:02 PM
The general problem with virtually every Wolvie sculpture (FS or MB) is how the claws are featured on the piece... The claws always seem to look like add-ons or something to his hand. They seem to be missing the point. Wolvie's claws are not add-ons, they're like fingers. Fingers never look fake on someone's hand. Think of it like fangs or talons. There are ways to make fangs/talons look like the genuine article. Why not do the same with Wolvie's claws??

Bullseye
10-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Don't like any of these really.

Guts
10-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Me neither. And the Astonishing bust has some HUGE hands....claws are a little funky-looking on all 3.

Mad4Busts
10-03-2005, 06:31 PM
I think the Astonishing one, the new one, is the best out of those...the claws on the Tower records one look like if he retracted them they would bust out of his elbows...

Troy
10-08-2005, 01:08 PM
Bowen Wolverine's claws are thick because they were drawn like that in the early, ( classic), X-men issues.

Jameshowlett
10-12-2005, 07:24 PM
I think I like the tower records one the most, but the claws on that one aren't that great either. Too much apart.

No No, his claws only look like that in the pix, both mine have the claws much more together, if thats the reason you don't like it than good news. personally I like the Tower version alot.
I have the Tower Records one, the regular New X-men Wolverine(same bust but he's wearing a coat, all 3 Bowens and a few others and I'm still waiting for a Wolerine bust that rocks.

Tattoo-X
10-12-2005, 07:41 PM
I think the one with the wolves for the base is the best.

Jameshowlett
10-15-2005, 02:59 PM
I think the one with the wolves for the base is the best.
Tatoox, I really like the way you mixed in your Alex Ross busts on your display. I know the busts don't hold their value, but some of them are down right awesome.
I'm looking evrwhere for Ironman 2020,I've been looking for 2 months and finally gave up.
I have Logan-(awesome), Deathlok, Thor :puke2: , Banner & Hulk, and Spider-Girl Varient( awesome!). The only ones I display are Logan and Spider-girl.

Jameshowlett
10-18-2005, 05:20 PM
The promo pixs of the bust depict the claws as apart but I've bought 3 of them and each one had the claws jutting straight out of his fist, the claws don't angle ,they come straight out.I also like that the bust was based on Frank Quitley's (THE MAN)art from New X-men. My favorite Wolverine bust was done my DST and made by Sam Kieth He's on the bottom shelf of Tatoo's collection..I'll try to post a pic,anyone know the one I'm talking about.

Tattoo-X
10-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Tatoox, I really like the way you mixed in your Alex Ross busts on your display. I know the busts don't hold their value, but some of them are down right awesome.
I'm looking evrwhere for Ironman 2020,I've been looking for 2 months and finally gave up.
I have Logan-(awesome), Deathlok, Thor :puke2: , Banner & Hulk, and Spider-Girl Varient( awesome!). The only ones I display are Logan and Spider-girl.
Besides the Spidey's and Wolvies, I have Deathlok and all 4 of the gals.

Sgt Taz
10-20-2005, 02:48 PM
Easely the best wolvie bust in my book:

The General
10-20-2005, 03:45 PM
I agree.

Gianco
10-20-2005, 08:58 PM
Hey Drod are you going to sell this one?

Crazy 88
10-22-2005, 04:00 AM
Best Logan /Wolverine bust in my opinion is the John Howlett/Logan one from the Origin sortline. The one with the bone claws on 3 wolves base.

Ghost
10-22-2005, 06:15 AM
I'm content with Bowen's. I like how the claws look. Just like the way they were drawn back then.

marvelboi77
10-22-2005, 12:17 PM
I think for being one of the most popular characters in the Marvel line all 3 of them are not very good.