PDA

View Full Version : Masters of the Universe Collection

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Acolyte
10-06-2018, 03:31 AM
Hello my fellow MotU-fans.

Since Tweeterhead asked to show our love and support for the (Sideshow) Masters of the Universe statue line (and since this is my 100th post :) ) I was thinking: Why not dedicate this line it´s own thread here in the Tweeterhead forums?

So let´s make some noise! Let Tweeterhead know that we would love to see this line grow. Let him know, that we cannot live without a Teela statue. Or a Sorceress. Let him know that we cannot sleep anymore without a Hordak statue, so that our She-Ra has someone to do battle with. Let him know that our lives will be miserable from now on without Skeletors henchmen Trap Jaw, Beast Man and Mer-Man on our shelves. Let him know!

Please, please continue this line!!

:praying: :praying: :praying:

Lorde Trooper
10-06-2018, 07:56 AM
Got all of the motu statues and want more, give me hordak, hiss and more villains like mer-man, whiplash, beast man etc

Sandman585
10-06-2018, 08:26 AM
Now we’re talking. Let’s keep the line alive. Teela, Sorceress, Man at Arms, Beast Man, Trap Jaw for sure.

MasterkillerWSW
10-06-2018, 08:36 AM
My favourite statue line. I want to have at least Hordak, Catra and Beastman.

Sandman585
10-06-2018, 10:05 AM
My favourite statue line. I want to have at least Hordak, Catra and Beastman.

I agree. I was lucky enough to grab the Alex Ross MOTU print when SS had it. There are so many good characters on there that I would want.

Acolyte
10-06-2018, 10:31 AM
My favourite statue line. [...]

I second that. :thumbs2:

The characters I would want to get made AT LEAST are:

Teela (as a female counterpart to Evil-Lyn) and
Hordak (as a counterpart to She-Ra)

Furthermore I would love to see Man-At-Arms, the Sorceress, Beast Man, Mer-Man and Trap Jaw. Anything beyond that would be the icing on the cake. Imagine characters like Webstor, Whiplash or Buzz-Off in the same style as the already existing statues were sculpted. :drooling:

AlexLothos
10-06-2018, 11:58 AM
I also wanted to toss in my support for the continued MOTU line, especially if they're in the same tone/spirit and scale as the ones already released (He-Man, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, and She-Ra).

Teela and Hordak should be a given, but saying it just to underline the concept.

Personally I'd like to see the main Snake Men done - King Hiss, Kobra Khan, Tung Lashor, & Rattlor (if they sell well, feel free to toss in Snake Face and Tanglor/Sssqueeze). I'm also here for Buzz-Off and Clawful.

Incrysis
10-06-2018, 02:20 PM
Keep the MOTU line alive! Teela, Beastman, Trap-Jaw, Sorceress, Mer-Man

Philintheblank
10-06-2018, 02:53 PM
Definitely keep this line going...so many characters to get to. Beastman, Hordak, Mosquitor, Ram Man etc.

Incrysis
10-06-2018, 03:19 PM
There's money I don't have that I want to spend! I love America!

Jack's Username
10-06-2018, 03:49 PM
I'm in. And throw in a Battle Cat and Panthor for good measure. :buttrock:

Graven
10-06-2018, 04:29 PM
Yeah a new character wishlist... in addition to that 200 pages that still exist in another thread... now they must continue :goodpost: :doh!:

Please gimme a FishMan, FurMan, WoMan and SnowMan...

Wouldn’t it be more interesting to claim clear statements from SS which lines will be discontinued than make noise they won‘t read :inquisiti

When Tweeterhead is live Chad answers a lot of good/bad/ugly questions from members here about their existing or new projects and changes on them. The questions sideshow is willing to answer live are more like „whats your favorit cat fur color“ :ignore:

I would love to see changes on Sideshow how they react to their customers instead of writing another thousand characters they won‘t produce :mad:

AlexLothos
10-06-2018, 05:22 PM
I'm in. And throw in a Battle Cat and Panthor for good measure. :buttrock:

I wasn't sure if these were released for the SSC line or not. If not, yes, sign me up for Battle Cat and Panthor.

Acolyte
10-06-2018, 05:39 PM
Wouldn’t it be more interesting to claim clear statements from SS which lines will be discontinued than make noise they won‘t read :inquisiti

Yeah, well then ... feel free to do so. :wink2:

btw: You did read the first post, didn´t you? Where did you read, that this is supposed to be another wishlist? :peoples: Chad from Tweeterhead said in his last video that we should let him know that we are interested in the continuation of this line. Well, here´s a bright idea: I guess that he will more likely read a thread in his own forum than over at sideshows. So no wishlist, no noise-making for sideshow (that has to be done in their "Ask Sideshow Thread"), just a Masters of the Universe thread that didn´t exist before in the Tweeterhead forums.

DroidAssassin
10-06-2018, 06:59 PM
Would love to see this line continue. I would definitely be in for at least Teela, Sorceress, Battlecat & Panthor for starters!

nameivom
10-06-2018, 07:36 PM
There's money I don't have that I want to spend! I love America!

:hilarious:

Demona
10-07-2018, 09:37 AM
I would gladly purchase Sorceress, Catra, Shadow Weaver, and Frosta. Icing on my collection cake would Swift Wind.

What we must ensure though is the lines are cohesive. The styling must continue to be “realistic”.

Acolyte
10-07-2018, 11:08 AM
What we must ensure though is the lines are cohesive. The styling must continue to be “realistic”.

Absolutely. But I´m very confident that Tweeterhead would (will?) do the style justice. The upcoming Orko statue fits in perfectly. :thumbs2:

KaraFan
10-07-2018, 11:24 PM
Definitely Teela and Catra statues in this line. Can't believe Teela hasn't been made yet.
Wonder if they will do any statues based on the New Netflix She-ra cartoon. Animated She-ra and Catra would be Awesome! Super7 already have figures in the works. Sideshow and Tweeterhead would be smart to jump on that now too since the show starts soon.
At one point in time the artist who did the She-ra print for Sideshow for the She-ra Statue said that Sideshow was working on a "Big Baddie" next for the line...but that was before Tweeterhead took over and before Orka was shown.

KELPIE
10-07-2018, 11:41 PM
Yup, bring it on.

Spikor, Sy-Klone, Roboto please.

Acolyte
10-08-2018, 01:03 AM
At one point in time the artist who did the She-ra print for Sideshow for the She-ra Statue said that Sideshow was working on a "Big Baddie" next for the line...but that was before Tweeterhead took over and before Orka was shown.

Hmmm ... here´s hoping that we might see this this "Big Baddie" sometime. Chad teased one during his interview regarding the Orko reveal as well ... might be the same?

grphyx1
10-09-2018, 07:51 PM
There's hope that the line will continue eventually, just not immediately. Don't give up hope.

bObA_fEtt_Ox
10-10-2018, 03:23 AM
There are tons of characters that can be made in MOTU.
Hope we will get some news, since Orko nothing new and that is a bit stressing, hope the line is not cancelled.

Acolyte
10-10-2018, 10:58 AM
There's hope that the line will continue eventually, just not immediately. Don't give up hope.

Of course not. Hope dies last. So keep up making noise, my fellow MotU friends. There´s still too much space on my shelf. :laugh:

melkor23
10-10-2018, 11:47 AM
Don't know if Tweeterhead is even reading this forum and if they can push the line somehow for Sideshow in this collaboration model since Orko, but it's worth a shot.

The MotU statues are the only ones I collect from Sideshow and they are the peak of my MotU collection.

I hope I can add Hordak, Trap Jaw and Teela to them some time.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1925/44504602334_486bd03b43_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2aNHHKU)

And a statue version of the tiny Anti Eternia He-Man would be completely awesome.

:vortex:

grphyx1
10-10-2018, 01:14 PM
]Don't know if Tweeterhead is even reading this forum and if they can push the line somehow for Sideshow in this collaboration model since Orko, but it's worth a sh[/B]ot.

The MotU statues are the only ones I collect from Sideshow and they are the peak of my MotU collection.

I hope I can add Hordak, Trap Jaw and Teela to them some time.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1925/44504602334_486bd03b43_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2aNHHKU)

And a statue version of the tiny Anti Eternia He-Man would be completely awesome.

:vortex:
Chad is definitely aware of the goings on on this forum. Yes. The line is not dead, just stewing a little.

Acolyte
10-10-2018, 02:04 PM
Chad is definitely aware of the goings on on this forum. Yes. The line is not dead, just stewing a little.

That´s great news.

And a fine collection, melkor23. :buttrock:

bObA_fEtt_Ox
10-10-2018, 02:31 PM

Hope you are right man

gomur
10-10-2018, 09:16 PM
Here to show my support for this line continuing. There have been some stellar releases so far. Would love to at least see the main characters from the Filmation cartoon.

The Good Guys
Man-At-Arms
Teela
Sorceress
Ram Man
Stratos

The Baddies
Beast Man
Trap Jaw
Mer-Man
Tri-Klops

NamesJay
10-10-2018, 10:28 PM
My wish list:

Good Guys
Sorceress
Man-E-Faces
Stratos

Bad Guys
Trap Jaw
Tri Klops
Mer Man

SONICobra
10-10-2018, 11:23 PM
Keep the dream alive!

Trap-jaw
Hordak
Battlecat
Beastman

Those are my top wants

bObA_fEtt_Ox
10-11-2018, 07:20 AM
Here to show my support for this line continuing. There have been some stellar releases so far. Would love to at least see the main characters from the Filmation cartoon.

The Good Guys
Man-At-Arms
Teela
Sorceress
Ram Man
Stratos

The Baddies
Beast Man
Trap Jaw
Mer-Man
Tri-Klops

Agree with you.
I hope for Battle cat and Panthor as well

Lorde Trooper
10-11-2018, 09:46 AM
While we are at it, here are my top 3 wish list, hordak and king hiss, both faction leaders plus hiss has never been made, easy exclusive option as well. My 3rd is two-bad, my favourite character. I really do hope we hear something soon though. I need to see pics of another up coming statue release.

Sandman585
10-11-2018, 10:37 AM
I really want a female to balance out my Evil Lyn. I didn’t get She Ra as I like the main MOTU stuff. Sorceress or Teela. I think with this design style the Sorceress would be incredible with a Grayskull base to match He-Man and Orko.

Nebulhym
10-11-2018, 11:16 AM
Hey Tweeterhead!

Keep these coming please, we all love that collaboration with Sideshow, so we're expecting a lot form you ;-)

I would personally love a Teela and a Mer Man, these are top
musts!!

Oh and Ram Man too!!

AlexLothos
10-11-2018, 12:05 PM
Going back to variants, I'm surprised they haven't released repaints of He-Man as Fakor/Faker and Skeletor as Scare Glow. This could be a cost effective way to continue the line as they figure out next steps on a completely new character.

For Battle Cat, it seems like SideShow is promoting the PCS version (https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/masters-of-the-universe-battlecat-pop-culture-shock-9036891/) and combo edition (https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/masters-of-the-universe-he-man-and-battlecat-combo-pop-culture-shock-9038581/) right now. It's alright, but I'd still like to see a Battle Cat and Panthor in the darker/realistic SSC line (the PCS versions lean closer to the old school Mattel look/feel).

MegatronG1
10-11-2018, 12:56 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a reboot of the MOTU line. I never liked that silicone lips Teela bust.

Put Emiliano on there as an art director.

Jiggatron69
10-11-2018, 06:12 PM
Sorceress and Teela plz!

Incrysis
10-11-2018, 09:57 PM
Man-E-Faces with switch out portraits!!

KELPIE
10-12-2018, 12:50 AM
I have all the Filmation PCS statues.

I hope they hit a few characters that weren't released in that line.

bObA_fEtt_Ox
10-12-2018, 06:46 AM

Same here.

Acolyte
10-12-2018, 12:45 PM

Ahem ... Mer-Man. :praying:

Augen
10-15-2018, 03:20 PM
Chad threw out a ton of MotU names in the video today. He stated "fingers crossed have an update next month or so".

Acolyte
10-15-2018, 03:25 PM
Chad threw out a ton of MotU names in the video today. He stated "fingers crossed have an update next month or so".

Yeah! I would buy all of those caracters he mentioned in an instant. :buttrock:

Sandman585
10-15-2018, 08:00 PM
What names did he list? or is there a link to the video?

nbr3bagshotrow
10-15-2018, 08:05 PM
He also mentioned something like "If I said I didn't have a couple already completed I'd be lying".

My guess is he's had a couple sculpted to present to the Licensor to see for a potential deal.

KELPIE
10-15-2018, 08:30 PM
Interesting.

I'd just assumed they were using Sideshows license.

This wouldn't be the first time Tweeterhead had the MotU license. They did do the busts not too long ago.

Augen
10-15-2018, 08:39 PM
What names did he list? or is there a link to the video?

Hordak
Trapjaw
Teela
Beastman
Merman
Sorceress
Man at Arms
Catra

nbr3bagshotrow
10-15-2018, 09:22 PM
Interesting.

I'd just assumed they were using Sideshows license.

This wouldn't be the first time Tweeterhead had the MotU license. They did do the busts not too long ago.

Sideshow is just a distributor for Tweeterhead.

melkor23
10-16-2018, 12:17 AM
Here is a link to the video: https://www.facebook.com/166195800069778/posts/2073916202631052/ MotU part starts at 18:50.

AlexLothos
10-16-2018, 11:42 AM
Hordak
Trapjaw
Teela
Beastman
Merman
Sorceress
Man at Arms
Catra

Sweet!!!

Here's hoping!

marvelboi77
10-16-2018, 12:07 PM
I want Teela with snake armor.

Acolyte
10-16-2018, 03:04 PM
I want Teela with snake armor.

:goodpost: :iagree:

MegatronG1
10-16-2018, 03:49 PM
Filmation or 200X. I'm not interested in fancy re-interpretations.

Sandman585
10-16-2018, 04:20 PM
Keep this line going in the exact style that SS set out to do before they abandoned it as usual. 1/5th. Bring on Sorceress first.

Acolyte
10-16-2018, 04:50 PM

To be fair, there is an already existing statue line done in filmation style (Pop Culture Shock Collectibles) as well as one done in 200X style (Neca).
Personally I am wayyy more interested in getting some more characters done in the same style as the Sideshow statues than one of those before mentioned. But to each its own. :cool:

DPmaster
10-17-2018, 05:04 PM

Filmation was already done by PCS. Their stuff was as close to the old animated series as you can get. Must have not been super popular as they eventually cancelled the line.

KELPIE
10-17-2018, 10:35 PM
Filmation was already done by PCS. Their stuff was as close to the old animated series as you can get. Must have not been super popular as they eventually cancelled the line.

They were quite popular. PCS needed to renew the license but had already done all the big hitters. I guess they weren't popular enough to fork out the cash for the license renewal.

They also made it through all of the main cast with exception of Merman and Ram-Man.

That said, I'm happy to see this new style continue, I'm just more interested in characters other than the main cast again.

No1WonderFan
10-18-2018, 12:08 AM
The PCS MOTU line was beautiful, but I felt they were a bit too large for me...and definitely too expensive. I would love if Tweeterhead gave the Filmation designs a go -at least He-man and She-ra. I've never been a fan of the "concept" designs (like the Sideshow ones) though...

bObA_fEtt_Ox
10-18-2018, 03:46 AM
We got She-ra and Evilyn, we need their respective counterparts : Hordak and Teela

majestic1
10-18-2018, 04:58 AM
I'd love basically statue versions of the Masters of the universe classics line, staying true to the vintage figures but with a more detailed look, not as simplistic as filmation but also not the ultra realistic interpretation of Sideshow. Preferably in Bowen scale so we can get pretty deep into the line.

http://i63.tinypic.com/1znpkxl.jpg

Sandman585
10-18-2018, 11:05 AM
I’m happy that discussion of this line continuing from Tweeterhead is actually happening.

DPmaster
10-18-2018, 03:22 PM
They were quite popular. PCS needed to renew the license but had already done all the big hitters. I guess they weren't popular enough to fork out the cash for the license renewal.

They also made it through all of the main cast with exception of Merman and Ram-Man.

That said, I'm happy to see this new style continue, I'm just more interested in characters other than the main cast again.

Yeah that’s what sucks. They could have easily done another 20+ different characters if they wanted to. Sad they never got to release the Skeletor/Panther combo to go with the already released He-Man/Battle Cat. I don’t know how popular they would have really been but there were so many choices for characters they never got to do. I also remember the newer He-Man figures from the mid-late 2000s that went with the newer animated series and they looked great too. I bought as much of those as I could. I would love to have more of the He-Man statues done in the more SS realistic style as well but it seems 80s toy icons don’t seem to flourish too well in statue form. He-Man, GI Joe, Transformers, etc. seem to not have enough of a market in statue form to thrive.

Augen
10-18-2018, 03:58 PM
I’m happy that discussion of this line continuing from Tweeterhead is actually happening.

Fingers crossed November brings good news on that front.

marvelboi77
10-18-2018, 11:00 PM
Sideshow has classic Evil Lyn for 10% off free ship. Is that an ok deal?

bObA_fEtt_Ox
10-19-2018, 04:08 AM
I'd love basically statue versions of the Masters of the universe classics line, staying true to the vintage figures look but with a more detailed look, not as simplistic as filmation but also not the ultra realistic interpretation of Sideshow. Preferably in Bowen scale so we can get pretty deep into the line.

If they could do all of them that would be fantastic ! :p
At least the core characters

AlexLothos
10-19-2018, 02:27 PM
Sideshow has classic Evil Lyn for 10% off free ship. Is that an ok deal?

10% off plus free shipping is a pretty good deal. If you dig this version of Evil Lyn, I'd say go for it!

On the other hand if you're willing to gamble for a better deal, you could wait for next week's Spooktacular festivities starting next Wednesday October 24th through October 31st.

KELPIE
10-21-2018, 11:49 PM
The PCS MOTU line was beautiful, but I felt they were a bit too large for me...and definitely too expensive. I would love if Tweeterhead gave the Filmation designs a go -at least He-man and She-ra. I've never been a fan of the "concept" designs (like the Sideshow ones) though...

PCS at the time were some of the cheapest 1/4 statues going around. Even the new Sideshow 1/5's are more expensive than they were.

As for being too large, yeah, I would have been happy if they were a bit smaller.

I'd love basically statue versions of the Masters of the universe classics line, staying true to the vintage figures look but with a more detailed look, not as simplistic as filmation but also not the ultra realistic interpretation of Sideshow. Preferably in Bowen scale so we can get pretty deep into the line.

Great idea.

gomur
11-02-2018, 01:37 AM
Another delay for Orko the Great. I can't wait to see him next to He-Man.

Acolyte
11-02-2018, 04:09 AM
Another delay for Orko the Great. I can't wait to see him next to He-Man.

Maybe it´s taking them so long to release him because they want to put pictures of Teela and Mer-Man on his packaging? ;) :drooling: :laugh:

bObA_fEtt_Ox
11-05-2018, 04:08 PM
Maybe it´s taking them so long to release him because they want to put pictures of Teela and Mer-Man on his packaging? ;) :drooling: :laugh:

If that could be right that would be fantastic ! :smokin:

SONICobra
11-23-2018, 04:00 PM
:tumblew:

Augen
11-23-2018, 07:02 PM

I'm waiting on next Tweeterhead video with Q and A to see if there is any progress.

Acolyte
11-24-2018, 06:02 PM
I'm waiting on next Tweeterhead video with Q and A to see if there is any progress.

So do I. :iagree::goodpost:

AlexLothos
11-24-2018, 07:19 PM
It might be a good idea to hit Chad up with MOTU questions when he's on the Batman Statue Collector's live chat.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/46459302_333285427466202_8398932358350241792_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_eui2=AeG-zfrPoLwoAuJe9VGZI7K_rWcBJsoO7HXF18pz1WaOAqDDzeKEM01jD82GMSqeK4tQDJ-orx9ttgft7h0rnS8XJ-TKVKqor1NQYSuTP9qZHw&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=cf1b132ae5f83ba2581b2b1d3c0c5352&oe=5C79E9D4

Demona
11-29-2018, 10:43 PM
OMG - Chad totally takes about the MOTU line. He said his “dream” is to continue the line with: Hordak, Teela, Man-at-Arms, Trapjaw, Beastman, and Sorcerress.

Better yet, he said that they have renders of all these characters and are just waiting for one day if it happens....

KELPIE
11-29-2018, 11:32 PM
That sounds like a lot of if's and maybe's :(

Acolyte
11-30-2018, 09:48 AM
OMG - Chad totally takes about the MOTU line. He said his “dream” is to continue the line with: Hordak, Teela, Man-at-Arms, Trapjaw, Beastman, and Sorcerress.

Better yet, he said that they have renders of all these characters and are just waiting for one day if it happens....

Wow! That sounds great. I would most certainly buy all of those. :buttrock:

Demona
11-30-2018, 10:46 AM

And I'm not sure why. Perhaps time, money, and testing the market. He should test the market by releasing Teela and/or Beastman.

Then work on the rest if those sell well.

grphyx1
11-30-2018, 11:01 AM

Wow! That sounds great. I would most certainly buy all of those. :buttrock:

And I'm not sure why. Perhaps time, money, and testing the market. He should test the market by releasing Teela and/or Beastman.

Then work on the rest if those sell well.

TH is still optimistic about continuing with the MOTU line. Right now all the plays and players are not in alignment.

majestic1
11-30-2018, 11:13 AM
I'd like to know WTF happened with this line, Sideshow made such a big deal about it when it was fisrt announced, lots of blogs and videos made, interviews with the concept artist and with the staff talking about how great it was going to be, but they just let the line die off while some of the best characters (Trapjaw, Beastman, Merman, Hordak) we're left unmade.

Was it due to poor sales or did Mattel become too difficult to work with ? I know they made SS change Skeletors color from Purple to Blue.

Augen
11-30-2018, 11:20 AM
TH is still optimistic about continuing with the MOTU line. Right now all the plays and players are not in alignment.

Wishing for the best as this line has interest and Tweeterhead would do it justice. I think the constant questions from fans show there is a market, just need alignment to come together in 2019.

grphyx1
11-30-2018, 11:21 AM
I'd like to know WTF happened with this line, Sideshow made such a big deal about it when it was fisrt announced, lots of blogs and videos made, interviews with the concept artist and with the staff talking about how great it was going to be, but they just let the line die off while some of the best characters (Trapjaw, Beastman, Merman, Hordak) we're left unmade.

Was it due to poor sales or did Mattel become too difficult to work with ? I know they made SS change Skeletors color from Purple to Blue.
These are questions that you may never get an answer to. Unless you are working directly with any of the parties involved I doubt that it'll be explained.

Acolyte
11-30-2018, 11:30 AM
Let´s hope for the best. There is so much Motu stuff in stores these days ... Super7, Funko Pop, Action Vinyls, Mondo; you name it ... and the statue line beats them all; at least in my opinion. It would be a shame if it ended so soon.

Demona
11-30-2018, 12:26 PM
If there was any line I think gets hurt these days, it's the PoP line because the new Netflix show looks nothing like the original PoP. So I may never get a Catra because of licensing.

MOTU I would think should be a go, but again, it could be licensing because maybe there is a redesigned cartoon in the works??

Augenblink
12-01-2018, 12:17 AM
Anyone else getting shipment notices for Orko? Mine should be arriving Monday!!

Acolyte
12-01-2018, 04:42 AM
Anyone else getting shipment notices for Orko? Mine should be arriving Monday!!

Mine should be arriving on Thursday. :eek:

Acolyte
12-01-2018, 06:38 AM
Soooo ... Chad said he had some MotU stuff to show if the line (or it´s continuation) would get greenlit. And it would knock our socks off. :eek:

I am so thrilled. I wonder what it might be. :thinking: Personally I think it has to be some heavy hitters ... something most fans would want to see ... like Trap Jaw, Beast Man, Teela or the Sorceress. Or Hordak maybe. I am keeping my fingers crossed. :praying:

Augenblink
12-03-2018, 05:49 AM
Orko in the building! Will open him up tomorrow! Can't wait

Nebulhym
12-03-2018, 07:00 AM

YAY!

Lucky you, i can't wait to get mine!!

Acolyte
12-03-2018, 11:44 AM

Niiice!! :buttrock:

Augenblink
12-03-2018, 10:11 PM
Here he is!

Orko turned out perfect! I can't see any flaws in either the sculpt or paint app. Great job Sideshow and Tweeterhead!

As I guessed, the staff is made from a softer, more flexible material but everything else is solid albeit not feeling or sounding like poly stone (or whatever the other statues were made of) and the base seems abit hollow making the overall figure lighter and I wish the colour of the base matched the colouring of He-man's base, but thats by no means a deal breaker.

Overall I'm very happy with the this piece and he looks great positioned along side the other MOTU statues (9.5/10)!

Now bring on more characters!!

KELPIE
12-03-2018, 11:59 PM
Didn't Skeletor do Batman type numbers? At least as far as the ES is concerned?

I am so thrilled. I wonder what it might be. :thinking: Personally I think it has to be some heavy hitters ... something most fans would want to see ... like Trap Jaw, Beast Man, Teela or the Sorceress. Or Hordak maybe. I am keeping my fingers crossed. :praying:

Being selfish here, I don't want to see any of those characters.

Sy-Klone, Spikor, Roboto, King Hiss, Mosquitor... They would knock my socks off.

Balthazar
12-04-2018, 03:20 AM
I personally prefer a more cartoonish style, but happy you liked.

AlexLothos
12-04-2018, 02:52 PM
Here he is!

Orko turned out perfect! I can't see any flaws in either the sculpt or paint app. Great job Sideshow and Tweeterhead!

As I guessed, the staff is made from a softer, more flexible material but everything else is solid albeit not feeling or sounding like poly stone (or whatever the other statues were made of) and the base seems abit hollow making the overall figure lighter and I wish the colour of the base matched the colouring of He-man's base, but thats by no means a deal breaker.

Overall I'm very happy with the this piece and he looks great positioned along side the other MOTU statues (9.5/10)!

Now bring on more characters!!

Looking great! It's fun seeing all the people getting this piece in and enjoying him. Hopefully the all of the good word-of-mouth will allow Tweeterhead/Sideshow to continue with the line!

grphyx1
12-04-2018, 03:16 PM
Orko looks great. Love the smoke effect. and the base is fabulous.

melkor23
12-04-2018, 06:30 PM
Made a little video of my Orko which arrived today.

https://youtu.be/70EgP7bjh7I

Acolyte
12-05-2018, 12:56 PM
Made a little video of my Orko which arrived today.

https://youtu.be/70EgP7bjh7I

Well done. Thank you. Now I am looking forward to unboxing mine even more. :)

bObA_fEtt_Ox
12-09-2018, 07:54 AM
Hope Chad will give us some updates soon : Hordak, Teela, Sorceress, Beastman, Man at arms, Trap jaw...

Acolyte
12-09-2018, 08:33 AM
Hope Chad will give us some updates soon : Hordak, Teela, Sorceress, Beastman, Man at arms, Trap jaw...

Add Mer-Man to the list and the line might very well end there ... BUT only AFTER we got all of them mentioned. :D :laugh:

bObA_fEtt_Ox
12-09-2018, 03:34 PM
Add Mer-Man to the list and the line might very well end there ... BUT only AFTER we got all of them mentioned. :D :laugh:

You are absolutely right with Mer-man, and since we did not get it with PCS, I hope Chad will make it !

DroidAssassin
12-09-2018, 08:37 PM

:iagree:

Demona
12-09-2018, 09:49 PM
More like add CatRa and Shadow Weaver to the list too - then we can stop :D

gomur
12-10-2018, 12:00 AM
Orko the Great came out... great! Love the little details on his mage garb. The spellbook and wand are fun display options. The floating effect is conveyed beautifully. This is a spot-on translation of the character that fits perfectly with the Sideshow series.

Please, please, PLEASE, Tweeterhead, make more MotU characters!

https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/48087311_2257095607647648_6794282007619698688_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=0e1b4e0571907c0b33b45f43f60f724b&oe=5C674898

Sandman585
12-11-2018, 11:44 PM
We need more of these ASAP. Lets get back on track here Tweeterhead and SS. I'm not sure who is captain of the ship on this one anymore. We need Teela (or Sorceress) to balance out EL (She-Ra doesn't count and was it wrong to be produced so early on IMO). Then we need some more baddies. Trap-Jaw and/or Beastman are absolute no brainers. Man-at-arms is also a no brainer. Quite honestly if we could get those that isn't too bad of a MOTU line. If it can be done then move into phase 2. Roll out Mer Man, Stratos, Buzzoff, etc.

Acolyte
12-12-2018, 04:04 AM
We need more of these ASAP. Lets get back on track here Tweeterhead and SS. I'm not sure who is captain of the ship on this one anymore. We need Teela (or Sorceress) to balance out EL (She-Ra doesn't count and was it wrong to be produced so early on IMO). Then we need some more baddies. Trap-Jaw and/or Beastman are absolute no brainers. Man-at-arms is also a no brainer. Quite honestly if we could get those that isn't too bad of a MOTU line. If it can be done then move into phase 2. Roll out Mer Man, Stratos, Buzzoff, etc.

I also would have preferred Teela over She-Ra anytime (although the latter turned out pretty nice :itsb:). Imagine Teela with a swap-out head featuring the snake armor from her vintage (and also MotUC) toy. :drooling:

Demona
12-13-2018, 04:30 PM
I also would have preferred Teela over She-Ra anytime (although the latter turned out pretty nice :itsb:). Imagine Teela with a swap-out head featuring the snake armor from her vintage (and also MotUC) toy. :drooling:

Don't make me slap that thought right outta your head :radior::tongue:

She-Ra allll day. I am so damn happy that SS did her justice. One day I will even have her green tinged dress repainted. It's a very pretty statue in person.

Acolyte
12-13-2018, 05:23 PM
Don't make me slap that thought right outta your head :radior::tongue:

She-Ra allll day. I am so damn happy that SS did her justice. One day I will even have her green tinged dress repainted. It's a very pretty statue in person.

Ouch. :laugh: :tongue: Sorry, but I´d prefer Teela anytime. She was lil´Acolyte´s first MotU figure back in 1984 ... and she is still my favorite character. But I have to say, that I really love the She-ra statue from Sideshow. A real eyecatcher on my desk. In my humble opinion the Princess of Power has never looked better. She-Ra and Orko are proof that a character which I didn´t pay much attention for in the past can shine as a statue done in Sideshow´s/Tweeterhead´s more "realistic" style.

Sandman585
12-16-2018, 11:34 AM
My Orko will be here on Tuesday. Pretty excited based on the reviews. Tweeterhead please keep this line going. Based on the fact that there are two threads going on SS and Tweeterhead the demand is there.

built2shred
12-16-2018, 01:44 PM
https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/48087311_2257095607647648_6794282007619698688_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=0e1b4e0571907c0b33b45f43f60f724b&oe=5C674898

The MOTU statues came out great looking... I'm tempted but truth be told I was never into that cartoon much as a kid... so the nostalgia just isn't there for me to drop the $$$ on them..

SONICobra
12-18-2018, 12:23 PM
orko looks awesome, i would be tempted if they would produce at least one more villain as so the forces of good and evil arent lopsided (i only have he-man and skeletor)

bObA_fEtt_Ox
12-19-2018, 03:07 AM
The MOTU statues came out great looking... I'm tempted but truth be told I was never into that cartoon much as a kid... so the nostalgia just isn't there for me to drop the $$$ on them..

Same for me for other licences.
But Motu was my favorite one so I am ready to drop again more $$$ on them !
Come on Chad ! Make tons of them !

melkor23
01-04-2019, 01:58 PM
I don't think, Chad didn't mention anything new regarding Masters of the Universe in his last video on Facebook, did he? https://www.facebook.com/Tweeterhead/videos/2238090436461620

melkor23
01-08-2019, 04:32 AM
Forgot to post some pictures from Orko back in December 2018:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4857/32453910618_e385a85bff_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/RrQLX5)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4883/31386844417_f2f7a61d6c_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/PPxMkX)

Sonic Boom
01-08-2019, 11:28 AM
That Orko is freaking sweet. Even reminds me of those Poe ghosts from Legend of Zelda.

Acolyte
01-08-2019, 05:30 PM
Forgot to post some pictures from Orko back in December 2018:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4857/32453910618_e385a85bff_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/RrQLX5)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4883/31386844417_f2f7a61d6c_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/PPxMkX)

Niiice!! :D This line has to be continued. There is no other way. :buttrock:

SONICobra
01-08-2019, 06:16 PM
mind boggling why this line isnt a priority :confused:

craigcliff1
01-08-2019, 06:52 PM
Stinks how much statues are now. Years ago these could have been a $150.00 a piece. Skeletor was $450.00 2 years ago, so if they are as much as SSC statues they could be $500.00

melkor23
01-31-2019, 06:39 PM
So Hordak as next statue is confirmed, but the continuation of the line itself is not greenlit yet: https://www.facebook.com/Tweeterhead/videos/287604051926460 45:10 mins.

Acolyte
02-01-2019, 02:56 AM
Nice! Now that my favorite character (next to Teela) has been confirmed, this line HAS to be continued. At any cost! :laugh::praying:

DMSlayer
02-01-2019, 11:31 AM
Nice it like skips around the 46 mark :P ... But good to know Hordak is the next one.. Was figuring that with She-Ra being the last full scale.

Wondering if Hordak is similar to the Orko style to keep with the line .. also wonder what was edited out lol

MasterkillerWSW
02-01-2019, 11:55 AM
Awesome! Hordak is my all time favourite childhood villain, so bring it on!

AlexLothos
02-01-2019, 01:53 PM
It'll be a long week to wait for confirmation with MOTU fans... here's hoping everything will come to fruition.

melkor23
02-01-2019, 08:09 PM
Nice it like skips around the 46 mark :P ... But good to know Hordak is the next one.. Was figuring that with She-Ra being the last full scale.

Wondering if Hordak is similar to the Orko style to keep with the line .. also wonder what was edited out lol
It was a signal loss during the livestream.

bObA_fEtt_Ox
02-20-2019, 05:33 AM
I really hope we can see Hordak, he told in the last interview, the statue is ready.
Hope he will still have the possibilty to make it and will give us a good news in a few months.

grphyx1
02-20-2019, 12:06 PM

Pretty sure that the look will be in line with the other MOTU statues SS released.

I really hope we can see Hordak, he told in the last interview, the statue is ready.
Hope he will still have the possibilty to make it and will give us a good news in a few months.
Really hope you all get your wish. Fingers crossed that things are moving along.

SONICobra
02-20-2019, 01:08 PM

:itsb:

Demona
02-20-2019, 08:07 PM
There were a lot of MORU/PoP characters he had designs ready for. I’m hoping this line gets revived so I can get some more ladies.

demonhunter
03-05-2019, 08:53 AM
I hope this series continues.

DMSlayer
03-06-2019, 04:54 PM
So News: Still no ETA on the "OK"

Teela Next after hordak

Think Teela is a safe decision after Hordak.

Def expecting the line Continue, But Maybe a brief hold till later this year .. The Movie is going to boost interest in the Franchise. So def should help boost the Hordak Sales.

Acolyte
03-07-2019, 01:43 AM

Teela Next after hordak

Def expecting the line Continue, But Maybe a brief hold till later this year .. The Movie is going to boost interest in the Franchise. So def should help boost the Hordak Sales.

YES!! Teela and Hordak are my favorite characters! :eek: Please, please, PLEASE! They HAVE do be greenlit. Can´t imagine how awesome these two might look like done in the same style as those other statues. I wonder if Hordak will come with a nasty looking Imp sitting on his shoulders ... or if Teela will be donning her cobra armor. So excited!! :crazy:

bObA_fEtt_Ox
03-07-2019, 11:01 AM

Teela Next after hordak

With Evil lyn and She-ra not having their counterpart, that is the smartest and the most expected move.

Hope what you are saying with the movie... Depending how Mattel and Universal or Sony ( do not remember who is producing the movie ) see the things.

Demona
03-07-2019, 11:19 AM
She-Ra needs Catra too IMO. Hordak fit in with or without She-Ra given he is Skeletors “boss”.

Who we alllll need is Sorceress. There is no MOTU without the protector of Castle Greyskull :)

Augen
03-07-2019, 11:25 AM
I can see a She-Ra, Cheetara, and Teela 1:5 set in my collection for 80s nostalgia.

majestic1
03-07-2019, 11:36 AM
Would have preferred Sorceress over Teela but at least the line is still hanging on.

Augen
03-07-2019, 11:45 AM
Would have preferred Sorceress over Teela but at least the line is still hanging on.

If it continues you'll eventually get both based on Chad's remarks.

DroidAssassin
03-07-2019, 04:06 PM
So excited for a Teela reveal!

bonedaddy77
03-08-2019, 03:39 PM

Teela Next after hordak

This is great news. Sideshow has free shipping on the Orko EX right now so went ahead and pulled trigger using some reward points. Can't wait to see Hordak

Sandman585
03-08-2019, 04:59 PM
Great news Tweeterhead.

melkor23
03-10-2019, 07:20 PM
Really looking forward to see finally the design of Hordak. Teela is an expected choice for the one after Hordak, but she would be a big seller.

DMSlayer
03-14-2019, 10:09 AM
Thinking past teela ... Think TrapJaw Or Clawful would be a good next step.. they are unique and can be done very well Esp the arm wise.

Interchangeable Trap Jaw Arms would be a great touch.

Cobra Khan would be a third .. which his head/back piece

Demona
03-14-2019, 10:15 AM
Think anybody could/would make Triclops with a moving eye-ring? Forget EX heads, just make the piece actually moveable.

grphyx1
03-14-2019, 11:01 AM
Does anyone here have the full set of SideShow MOTU statues? Could you post a pic? of if there was a pic and I missed it could you post the link?

Acolyte
03-14-2019, 11:48 AM
Does anyone here have the full set of SideShow MOTU statues? Could you post a pic? of if there was a pic and I missed it could you post the link?

melkor23 has the whole lineup. I told him that you are looking for a picture. :thumbs2:

melkor23
03-14-2019, 11:56 AM
Here you are:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4859/31386844357_755b632d03_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/PPxMjV)

In my Flickr album are detailed pictures of all of them: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmeR9Lts

I made an HD video of Orko for PlanetEternia.de: https://youtu.be/70EgP7bjh7I

majestic1
03-14-2019, 01:01 PM
I know this p*ss off those who already own and are invested in the SS pieces but as I've said previously I'd personally love to see the line re-started but in Tweeterheads 1:6 scale, like the Mondo 1:6 figures but polystone statues and more vintage/classic in appearance.

https://i.ibb.co/mXsVSGR/29930929214-e6e832fb8d-b.jpg (https://ibb.co/wwHFYRd)

Thinking past teela ... Think TrapJaw Or Clawful would be a good next step.. they are unique and can be done very well Esp the arm wise.

Interchangeable Trap Jaw Arms would be a great touch.

Cobra Khan would be a third .. which his head/back piece

As much as I love Clawful and Corbra Khan I just can't see too many people forking out $500 for 1:5 versions of them, 1:6 on the other hand priced around $270+ like their Super powers line would not be as bad.

At that price and scale the likes of Clawful, Kahn, Stinkor, Whiplash, Webstor, Buzz-off, Man-E-Faces etc, etc would be more manageable.

Demona
03-14-2019, 01:18 PM
I agree. At 1/4 scale prices, we really just need 6 (maybe 7) more characters then call it quits. Reboot in smaller, classic MOTU/PoP poses. That way it doesn't clash with the "modern" or classic line from PCS.

The 5/6 we need to see are: Teela, Sorceress, Hordak, Trap-Jaw, Beastman, Battle Cat. I would love Catra (more than any of the other listed) to pair with She-Ra. I also can't decide if Man-At-Arms needs to be made in 1/4. I think he would need to be made in 1/6.

grphyx1
03-14-2019, 01:35 PM
Here you are:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4859/31386844357_755b632d03_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/PPxMjV)

In my Flickr album are detailed pictures of all of them: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmeR9Lts

I made an HD video of Orko for PlanetEternia.de: https://youtu.be/70EgP7bjh7I

Thank you. They look great as a group fo sho. Just wanted to see who really had a vested interest in this lineup as opposed to a casual appreciation. When Chad mentioned that once they get approval, he has three characters ready to go to print, he meant it. So if the interest is really there I think this line can go past the usual suspects.

TheLastMan
03-14-2019, 02:01 PM
Definitely invested in this line. Would love the Filmation regulars in 1/5. So give us:

Goodies
Man-At-Arms
Teela
Ram Man
Stratos
Sorceress

Baddies
Beast Man
Mer-Man
Tri-Klops
Trap Jaw
Hordak

DMSlayer
03-14-2019, 02:21 PM
As much as I love Clawful and Corbra Khan I just can't see too many people forking out $500 for 1:5 versions of them, 1:6 on the other hand priced around $270+ like their Super powers line would not be as bad.

At that price and scale the likes of Clawful, Kahn, Stinkor, Whiplash, Webstor, Buzz-off, Man-E-Faces etc, etc would be more manageable.

This leads into whether or not Sub Characters could pull weight in sales if gone into. and the line is only good enough for main characters .. which have been covered already.. She-Ra, Orko are partial sub.. and think have been the weaker 2 on sales. He-Man/Skeletor Being the 2 Mains.

Clawful, Cobra Khan I put in due to they would be unique characters to explore statue wise, if done right they could possibly pull people not of the MOTU crowd due to design and the type of character they are.

Sandman585
03-14-2019, 02:42 PM
I’m excited there is some hope left for this line. Teela is a must. I’m plus minus on Hordak. I didn’t pick up She-Ra but I do not think she is necessary to have a Hordak. He goes with He-Man just as much imo. I’d like Man at Arms, Sorceress, Beastman, and Trap Jaw.

Thor57
03-14-2019, 03:24 PM
I agree. At 1/4 scale prices, we really just need 6 (maybe 7) more characters then call it quits. Reboot in smaller, classic MOTU/PoP poses. That way it doesn't clash with the "modern" or classic line from PCS.

The 5/6 we need to see are: Teela, Sorceress, Hordak, Trap-Jaw, Beastman, Battle Cat. I would love Catra (more than any of the other listed) to pair with She-Ra. I also can't decide if Man-At-Arms needs to be made in 1/4. I think he would need to be made in 1/6.

If the goal is to try and get the main core and then reboot, then Man at Arms is an absolute must. Way more than Sorceress. She plays an important role in the mythos, but in the scheme of overall players Man at Arms was more of an impact on the title character, seeing as how he was both Adam and He-Mans mentor. Sorceress is important but I think she comes after MaA. She just doesn’t have a natural counter like He-Man/Skeletor, She-Ra/Hordak, Teela/Evil-Lyn, and Man at Arms/Beastman (both being the main pro/antagonist right hand man.).

On another note, I disagree with the reboot. I’d love to see the line continued in this realistic dark fantasy style. The main baddies would look amazing reimagined, and though it would NEVER happen, I’d love to see but characters in this design. People like Count Marzo, Evil Seed, Zodac, Chief Carnivus. Dreams.

Acolyte
03-14-2019, 04:26 PM
Thank you. They look great as a group fo sho. Just wanted to see who really had a vested interest in this lineup as opposed to a casual appreciation. When Chad mentioned that once they get approval, he has three characters ready to go to print, he meant it. So if the interest is really there I think this line can go past the usual suspects.

Awesome lineup. :buttrock: My collection looks almost the same. I passed on the classic colors Evil-Lyn, ´cos I´m not a big fan of repaints.

Oh, and I am very invested in this line. :praying:

grphyx1
03-14-2019, 04:29 PM
If the goal is to try and get the main core and then reboot, then Man at Arms is an absolute must. Way more than Sorceress. She plays an important role in the mythos, but in the scheme of overall players Man at Arms was more of an impact on the title character, seeing as how he was both Adam and He-Mans mentor. Sorceress is important but I think she comes after MaA. She just doesn’t have a natural counter like He-Man/Skeletor, She-Ra/Hordak, Teela/Evil-Lyn, and Man at Arms/Beastman (both being the main pro/antagonist right hand man.).

On another note, I disagree with the reboot. I’d love to see the line continued in this realistic dark fantasy style. The main baddies would look amazing reimagined, and though it would NEVER happen, I’d love to see but characters in this design. People like Count Marzo, Evil Seed, Zodac, Chief Carnivus. Dreams.

As far as I know, that is the direction it will go. The various other scales and looks are licensed to other companies.

Tacheyon
03-14-2019, 08:24 PM

The Sorceress is a integral part of both She-Ra and He-Man as the keeper of the Swords and Greyskull (which can allow access between Eternia and Etheria). So she doesn't need a counterpart and should stand in the center between the two shows.
And even if you are just collecting He-Man she is 1/3 of the people who know that Adam is He-Man. She also provides the spiritual mentoring of He-Man while MaA is more the practical/physical side of the teachings.

But to each their own. I am hoping they get Sorceress out of the way fast and then I can walk away from the line. Because for me I don't need/ can't afford/have no space to go super deep besides those 5 (He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak and Sorceress).

melkor23
03-15-2019, 03:36 AM
As far as I know, that is the direction it will go. The various other scales and looks are licensed to other companies.

Good to hear. A reboot or „continuation“ in other styles or worse scales would end my invest in this line.

A reveal of Hordak or Teela would be appreciated. :D

majestic1
03-15-2019, 06:47 AM
Sorceress would be a very good seller regardless of her relevance to the lore, much more than Man at arms imo, non MOTU fans and those who know nothing about the license will be tempted to buy a scantily clad, smokin' hot female in a skin tight bird costume over a middle aged man in strange armor with a mustache.

http://i63.tinypic.com/s6t8pd.jpg

Thor57
03-15-2019, 09:43 AM
The Sorceress is a integral part of both She-Ra and He-Man as the keeper of the Swords and Greyskull (which can allow access between Eternia and Etheria). So she doesn't need a counterpart and should stand in the center between the two shows.
And even if you are just collecting He-Man she is 1/3 of the people who know that Adam is He-Man. She also provides the spiritual mentoring of He-Man while MaA is more the practical/physical side of the teachings.

But to each their own. I am hoping they get Sorceress out of the way fast and then I can walk away from the line. Because for me I don't need/ can't afford/have no space to go super deep besides those 5 (He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak and Sorceress).

I don’t question her part in the lore. She is very integral. But if you go by the show, MN at Arms plays a much heavier role. He appears more and has a greater influence on He-Man. She is more of a boss. Here’s your power, here’s the evil, go do good deeds. Man at Arms was a father figure though. But you clearly like her more, no harm in that.

Sorceress would be a very good seller regardless of the her relevance to the lore, much more than Man at arms imo, non MOTU fans and those who know nothing about the license will be tempted to buy a scantily clad, smokin' hot female in a skin tight bird costume over a middle aged man in strange armor with a mustache.

This, sadly, is true. Women sell more than men.

AC_808
03-15-2019, 09:57 AM
Sorceress would be a very good seller regardless of the her relevance to the lore, much more than Man at arms imo, non MOTU fans and those who know nothing about the license will be tempted to buy a scantily clad, smokin' hot female in a skin tight bird costume over a middle aged man in strange armor with a mustache.

:laugh: ...so true!

Augen
03-15-2019, 10:14 AM

1. Is there evidence for this claim?

2. Not sure why it would be sad if true or not.

As someone who collects female statues plenty of lines come out that offer me nothing or an occasional choice. There are those dedicated "female lines" but if there is a general option for an IP at best can hope for is parity.

I really don't think people who collect solely male statues can honestly say they don't have options these days.

DMSlayer
03-15-2019, 10:41 AM
"Women sell more then men."

This is a hard one to call in this industry of products. if we where to talk about anime smaller scale statues at conventions, I would def agree with you.

However, going to sites like this, Facebook Prime 1/Side Show Collectable Groups. The Majority of the fan posts are Characters like Guts, Zodd, Superman, Mr Freeze, doomsday ... Even on a marketing scale with these companies.. the majority are the Main DC/Marvel Characters.. Not overflowing with Female based figures..

I do not believe Evil lynn or She-Ra Performed as well as Skeletor/He-man sales, though retrospect I can where Sorceress Would out sell Man At Arms overall. .. But this is highly dependent on the sculpts made.

grphyx1
03-15-2019, 11:58 AM

Sorceress would be a very good seller regardless of her relevance to the lore, much more than Man at arms imo, non MOTU fans and those who know nothing about the license will be tempted to buy a scantily clad, smokin' hot female in a skin tight bird costume over a middle aged man in strange armor with a mustache.

I don’t question her part in the lore. She is very integral. But if you go by the show, MN at Arms plays a much heavier role. He appears more and has a greater influence on He-Man. She is more of a boss. Here’s your power, here’s the evil, go do good deeds. Man at Arms was a father figure though. But you clearly like her more, no harm in that.

If and when the license get approved, I can safely say you will see Man at Arms before Sorceress.

equi-nox76
03-15-2019, 12:52 PM

Lovely art!

majestic1
03-15-2019, 01:15 PM
Lovely art!

Gerald Parel one of my favorite artists, he did a line of MOTU pieces, he also did some amazing covers for marvel as well.

http://i65.tinypic.com/21kkmyt.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/28mikuu.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/2h2r18y.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/m9vos6.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/2lm8epk.jpg

equi-nox76
03-15-2019, 01:17 PM
Great stuff, that Beastman!!! Need to find some to frame :D

Augen
03-15-2019, 01:21 PM
Gerald Parel one of my favorite artists, he did a line of MOTU pieces, he also did some amazing covers for marvel as well.

http://i66.tinypic.com/28mikuu.jpg

This is bad ass, thanks for sharing.

majestic1
03-15-2019, 01:28 PM
Some more of Parel's MOTU art.

http://i68.tinypic.com/r1x4qw.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/qoskyu.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/333bjoz.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/14ncmk6.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/3538vmh.jpg

Sandman585
03-15-2019, 02:27 PM
That art is amazing

Thor57
03-15-2019, 03:50 PM

As someone who collects female statues plenty of lines come out that offer me nothing or an occasional choice. There are those dedicated "female lines" but if there is a general option for an IP at best can hope for is parity.

I really don't think people who collect solely male statues can honestly say they don't have options these days.

I just go by what’s made (namely by Sideshow.). For instance, we have multiple Rogues, Psylockes, Mystiques etc etc before we got Cable. Or for the Gotham line, we got Zaranna of all people prior to Nightwing or Robin. Let alone the multiple Harley’s, Catwomen and Ivy’s. And it’s not sad that their collected, not at all. It’s just sad that sometimes it delays the release of other characters. Sex sells.

I think we can ALL agree though we want both Sorceress and Man at Arms.

SONICobra
03-15-2019, 05:14 PM

1. look no further than the SS comic batman line
- poison ivy 4000 total es
- green poison ivy 2500 es
- new poison ivy 2300 total es
- catwoman 6000 total es
- classic catwoman 1500 es
- new catwoman 3750 total es

not to mention the two versions of harley quinn and two versions of batgirl

aside from batman the male characters released are:
- 2 jokers
- bane
- killer croc
- mr freeze (previewed)

2. its sad because people who want different characters like two-face or scarecrow may never see them because companies like SS know they wont sell as well as another version of the same female character theyve already done

for the record im all for sorceress getting made but i also want man at arms, battlecat, trap-jaw, beastman etc. tweeterhead does seem a little less one sided when it comes to releases though so hopefully everyone gets what they are looking for

Demona
03-15-2019, 11:52 PM
I can also say that I am sure that everybody who bought Lady Death (1 and/or 2), Vampirella (any of them), and Purgatori didn’t/doesn’t read the comics.

melkor23
03-16-2019, 01:53 AM
If and when the license get approved, I can safely say you will see Man at Arms before Sorceress.

But please at least with one interchangeable head without moustache. The German fanbase (including me) will thank you! ;)

Augen
03-16-2019, 06:07 PM
I just go by what’s made (namely by Sideshow.). For instance, we have multiple Rogues, Psylockes, Mystiques etc etc before we got Cable. Or for the Gotham line, we got Zatanna of all people prior to Nightwing or Robin. Let alone the multiple Harley’s, Catwomen and Ivy’s. And it’s not sad that their collected, not at all. It’s just sad that sometimes it delays the release of other characters. Sex sells.

I think we can ALL agree though we want both Sorceress and Man at Arms.

I prefer more characters over going back for 2.0 on existing ones. That said, plenty of male characters get 2, 3, 4, 5+ (Batman?!) statues made as well. I'd love Nightwing or Robin to happen for fans, but I don't see it as male/female divide, more a big name/smaller character issue. I love Wonder Woman, but I've been hoping for a Donna Troy or Cassandra Sandsmark before I add yet another Diana to my collection.

Sex sells, won't argue, but I do find it interesting within sub cultures a lot of female statue collectors are women and male statue collectors are men so I don't think statue purchases are driven just on that basis.

Ideally a line is complete and everyone is happy.

Augen
03-16-2019, 06:19 PM
1. look no further than the SS comic batman line
- poison ivy 4000 total es
- green poison ivy 2500 es
- new poison ivy 2300 total es
- catwoman 6000 total es
- classic catwoman 1500 es
- new catwoman 3750 total es

not to mention the two versions of harley quinn and two versions of batgirl

aside from batman the male characters released are:
- 2 jokers
- bane
- killer croc
- mr freeze (previewed)

2. its sad because people who want different characters like two-face or scarecrow may never see them because companies like SS know they wont sell as well as another version of the same female character theyve already done

for the record im all for sorceress getting made but i also want man at arms, battlecat, trap-jaw, beastman etc. tweeterhead does seem a little less one sided when it comes to releases though so hopefully everyone gets what they are looking for

If you focus down to one company and a single line I can see an argument. I could argue Prime 1 gave people Two Face and Scarecrow and never repeated female statues in their Arkham line.

I love their Justice League line (movie or New 52), but I always seem to get just Wonder Woman while there is Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Cyborg, Flash, and Green Lantern.

I completely agree I want more diversity in characters made, never argued against that.

I never claimed female don't get attention, but seems fairly even and varies line to line from manufacturers. I have no clue how a Nightwing or Flash (Barry Allen and/or Wally West) still haven't got a premium format.

Looking at MotU Line it has been pretty even and doesn't seem to be zero sum so hopefully in next three-five years everyone gets their favorite characters made.

DMSlayer
03-18-2019, 01:29 PM
Just looking at sideshow and DC Catagory

Several Batmans
Several Supermans
Nightwing
Darkseid
Aquaman
Flash
Cyborg
Lobo
Black Manta
Green Lantern
Green Arrow
Joker
Deathstroke
Black Adam
Robin
Doomsday
Mr Freeze

The list goes on ... Your literally looking at a page that atleast 75% is built up of Male Characters.

Goto Prime 1 site.. Looked at "Whats New" .. 7 Pages ... only 10 Female Characters..

If there was a true basis to the claim, it would be seen quite clearly ... Again as said goto a convention with anime figurines .. The majority is Female. However these Premium statues are not that clear cut, and def seeing more male characters dominate this part of the industry.

SONICobra
03-19-2019, 11:47 AM
has there been any indication we might see hordak or any other MOTU characters at sdcc?

Augen
03-19-2019, 11:51 AM
has there been any indication we might see hordak or any other MOTU characters at sdcc?

No, it is ready to go, but stuck in legal limbo. Once Tweeterhead get the green light it sounds like hit the ground running.

DMSlayer
03-21-2019, 09:48 AM
Its a Hemsworth Pic for New He-Man Movie (Agree with the idea)

However the Teela and Man at arms in this pic Serious looks well with the MOTU line .. (all the characters are based off the statues besides those two)

What is the possibilities ?

Acolyte
04-03-2019, 12:39 PM
Still no update for the Masters of the Universe line? My fingers are getting sore from being crossed all the time. :laugh:

melkor23
04-09-2019, 08:37 AM
Still no update for the Masters of the Universe line? My fingers are getting sore from being crossed all the time. :laugh:

It seems that all MotU license holders are currently not sure if they can continue with it: https://omny.fm/shows/toy-power/113-brian-flynn-gives-us-the-goss

Acolyte
04-09-2019, 12:39 PM
It seems that all MotU license holders are currently not sure if they can continue with it: https://omny.fm/shows/toy-power/113-brian-flynn-gives-us-the-goss

Oh, I see. That´s a bummer. A potential MotU movie isn´t even in the cinemas yet and I already don´t like it. :laugh:

SONICobra
04-09-2019, 10:26 PM
well that's some bullsh!t :thumbsdow

craigcliff1
04-14-2019, 11:41 PM
anyone catch David Igo bust. That he working with TH to keep the line going. The video is n SSC section

equi-nox76
04-15-2019, 02:15 AM

I am still waiting for their second wave of the Ultimates Line.... :sos:
Chris

Sandman585
04-15-2019, 04:58 PM
anyone catch David Igo bust. That he working with TH to keep the line going. The video is n SSC section

fingers crossed

Acolyte
04-19-2019, 05:01 PM
I would buy those as full statues in an instant. :drooling::buttrock:

bObA_fEtt_Ox
04-21-2019, 05:54 AM

That is really sad for us.
Hope if that ends that means that would be just a one or two year break to promote their movie

Acolyte
05-24-2019, 11:59 AM

craigcliff1
06-03-2019, 10:47 AM
Anyone catch his statement about Powercon that Hordak could show up.. Was 4/24, - 27 minutes when he says that on the Chat video
also working on Teela and she also could show up.

SONICobra
06-04-2019, 10:27 AM
the hordak hype is real!!! :itsb: im really interested to see the direction tweeterhead has taken this line in terms of style, hopefully it blends well with the previous releases

craigcliff1
06-04-2019, 11:24 AM
Should be cool if Hordak and Teela do show up He said would do as much as can to have them at Powercon

Please if someone wants to post the Chat video

AlexLothos
06-04-2019, 01:08 PM
the hordak hype is real!!! :itsb: im really interested to see the direction tweeterhead has taken this line in terms of style, hopefully it blends well with the previous releases

Agreed on the Hordak hype!

Considering how well Orko went and TH's great relationship with SSC, I'm sure Hordak will blend into the line perfectly.

melkor23
06-04-2019, 01:59 PM
Anyone catch his statement about Powercon that Hordak could show up.. Was 4/24, - 27 minutes when he says that on the Chat video
also working on Teela and she also could show up.

Do you mean this video? https://www.facebook.com/Tweeterhead/videos/2726480197426778/

I just remember that he said that he maybe will show Hordak's design regardless of the missing approval.

I didn't hear anything from Power-Con.

craigcliff1
06-04-2019, 02:18 PM
Sorry no it 4/24 video - 27 min. that is the May video He stated and I played more than once please if you can go to Powercon, we PLAN to have Hordak there, we are working on Teela and plan to have her there also

Talks about Comic Con 4 or 5 DC vil. planned to be there then goes into MOTU- 27 min. that is about 14 15 min. into the show

Sandman585
06-06-2019, 10:01 AM
This is all great news.

craigcliff1
06-06-2019, 12:14 PM
Please if someone could post video. I have tried couldn't get it to work
It's 4/24 video

Sandman585
06-07-2019, 10:13 AM
I’m not sure how to post but I watched the video. About the 15:20 mark give or take a couple seconds. Seems it’s really close to happening. I didn’t jump on board with She-Ra so Hordak would have to blow me away to get that. I consider him a He-Man villain as well so it would be fine for my line up. I am 100% in on Teela. I think these pieces would sell very well so I would hope this line would continue after that.

Yzerman99
06-07-2019, 11:11 AM
Anyone know if Tweeterhead is planning Filmation MOTU statues? I missed out on the Pop Culture Shock He-Man and really want one, but that thing is hella expensive. Plus, I appreciate Tweeterhead shipping costs and delivery.

craigcliff1
06-14-2019, 11:36 PM
From today video Chat

Concept art for these characters ready
He Man vs Skeletor Battle Armor diorama
Man At Arms
Trapjaw
Sorceress

wants to make
Madame Razz and Broom
Catra

Teela going to be on Castle GS classic toy base

Acolyte
06-15-2019, 02:40 AM
From today video Chat

Man At Arms
Trapjaw
Sorceress

wants to make
Madame Razz and Broom
Catra

Tella going to be on Castle GS classic toy base

Really nice. I missed the part where the Sorceress was mentioned, but looking forward getting her nonetheless.

Man-At-Arms and Trap Jaw would be mindblowing as well, I guess.

Really hoping that at least Hordak and Teela will be made, since they are my favorite characters. I believe Teelas base will be based on some interior of Castle Grayskull? Maybe that dungeon with creepy creatures crawling?

I am not so sure what to think of a Battle Armor diorama, I have to admit. Probably awesome looking, but I´d rather prefer to see some new characters getting made first.

Anyways: Keeping my fingers crossed that the line will continue. :praying:

bObA_fEtt_Ox
06-15-2019, 03:07 AM
From today video Chat

Man At Arms
Trapjaw
Sorceress

wants to make
Madame Razz and Broom
Catra

Tella going to be on Castle GS classic toy base

Thanks bro to have posted here on boards.
So we should see Hordak and Teela prototypes at Powercon and some concept drawing for the rest.
That is great news and hope he will get approval from Mattel to make them.

Sandman585
06-15-2019, 05:03 PM
This is wonderful news. I love the characters mentioned for MOTU. I am not big into the She-ra stuff so whatever on those characters for me personally. I don't love the idea of the battle armor diorama. If a diorama is going to be made lets do Battle Cat and Panthor. Just my opinion. Man at arms, Teela, Trapjaw and Sorceress are all winners. Just need Beastman in there too and then I will be happy. That you Tweeterhead for keeping this going.

craigcliff1
06-15-2019, 05:58 PM
I love the idea of a diorama, I love them. collected SSC Star Wars dioramas from start of the line. Chad said he can't do characters already made so this would be great for those who want He Man and Skeletor

If the line is made and sells big I can imagine a cats diorama.

SONICobra
06-16-2019, 12:59 PM
really hoping they get to beastman as well

majestic1
06-16-2019, 02:06 PM
So Mattel have just got the MOTU license back from Super7 to produce figures/toys again and are planning to start a new line of vintage style figures which will be shown at SDCC, some are speculating that Mattel is gearing up to do a big push with MOTU in preparation for the live action film coming next year.

Not sure how this will effect TH and their MOTU plans though, but if Mattel do want more MOTU exposure then these statues would do the trick.

bonedaddy77
06-16-2019, 09:23 PM
I will fully support this line continuing. Sold off my filmation because I prefer the modem take on these classics. Have the sideshow Skeletor, He-man and Orko.

bObA_fEtt_Ox
06-18-2019, 04:02 AM
We will apparently know what it happens at Powercon with what Chad said in his last interview, hope that will be good news.

KaraFan
06-18-2019, 06:40 AM
Really nice. I missed the part where the Sorceress was mentioned, but looking forward getting her nonetheless.

Man-At-Arms and Trap Jaw would be mindblowing as well, I guess.

Really hoping that at least Hordak and Teela will be made, since they are my favorite characters. I believe Teelas base will be based on some interior of Castle Grayskull? Maybe that dungeon with creepy creatures crawling?

I am not so sure what to think of a Battle Armor diorama, I have to admit. Probably awesome looking, but I´d rather prefer to see some new characters getting made first.

Anyways: Keeping my fingers crossed that the line will continue. :praying:

I thought this was already stated that they are?

Acolyte
06-18-2019, 03:35 PM
I thought this was already stated that they are?

I believe Hordak will be the next statue, IF the line continues. Not so sure about Teela, though. She is on the drawing boards right now.

dechirico7
06-18-2019, 05:58 PM
Catra and Sorceress would be "musts!"

Demona
06-18-2019, 09:59 PM
OMG. Like really OMG. Catra is on the short list....childhood adulting is almost complete....

gomur
06-18-2019, 11:53 PM
I'm stoked that there's buzz for this series continuing. I was ready to start a change.org petition! :D Hopefully we'll see some full statues and WIP around Comic-Con.

craigcliff1
06-19-2019, 12:21 AM
Chad said Powercon is where he would show Hordak and Teela if she is ready if TH can make MOTU. I would think those concept could get shown

equi-nox76
06-19-2019, 01:27 AM
From today video Chat

Man At Arms
Trapjaw
Sorceress

wants to make
Madame Razz and Broom
Catra

Teela going to be on Castle GS classic toy base
In for Man-At-Arms and Trapjaw.
Chris

KaraFan
06-19-2019, 06:01 AM
Catra and Sorceress would be "musts!"

Yup!

bObA_fEtt_Ox
06-21-2019, 02:10 PM
That is quite sad if Chad has been working on them and cannot make money with them...

Acolyte
06-25-2019, 02:29 AM
That is quite sad if Chad has been working on them and cannot make money with them...

Allow me to quote your comment from he-man.org:

"And Tweeterhead/Sideshow lost the license as well, and the Statues line is dead, that is what Chad said in one of his last interview.
He will show Hordak and maybe teela at powercon because he was working on them after Orko but the line will not continue."

May I ask what video exactly you are referring to? I always thought that I watched all of Chads videos and that part doesn´t ring a bell at all. Being a huge fan of the statue line I assume that I would have cried like a baby hearing such a statement from Chad. :waa:

craigcliff1
06-25-2019, 05:53 AM
I think he's trying to write that Chad spent this money would stink if Mattel didn't let him have the license to produce MOTU.

grphyx1
06-27-2019, 01:52 PM
Tick

Augen
06-27-2019, 02:04 PM
Tick

:sly2:

grphyx1
06-27-2019, 02:35 PM
Tock

AlexT
06-27-2019, 02:36 PM
Tick

Tock

Augen
06-27-2019, 02:39 PM
Tock

https://media.tumblr.com/631641804e21a4a45810ab0dc79f6e22/tumblr_inline_mocmirmhCa1rlpk9c.gif

grphyx1
06-27-2019, 02:49 PM
https://media.tumblr.com/631641804e21a4a45810ab0dc79f6e22/tumblr_inline_mocmirmhCa1rlpk9c.gif

A few weeks left till SDCC!! Hope we hear something on this line for you MOTU lovers

Acolyte
06-27-2019, 03:37 PM
A few weeks left till SDCC!! Hope we hear something on this line for you MOTU lovers

To be honest? That would be a dream come true. :buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

bonedaddy77
06-27-2019, 04:17 PM
seriously hope this all works out and we get more statues. Sold off my PCS filmation because I like these modern interpretations more.

grphyx1
06-27-2019, 04:26 PM
seriously hope this all works out and we get more statues. Sold off my PCS filmation because I like these modern interpretations more.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/1gRsJSbmejU9pxsfd0/giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d15266e6c2f72702e51dced&rid=giphy.gif

craigcliff1
06-27-2019, 09:20 PM
Would be cool. That He Man Skeletor diorama should be cool

SONICobra
06-27-2019, 09:20 PM
+1 for sdcc hopes and dreams

would love to see hordak and concept art and/or wip sculpts of some other characters

Acolyte
06-28-2019, 11:47 AM
+1 for sdcc hopes and dreams

would love to see hordak and concept art and/or wip sculpts of some other characters

So do I. Even the slightest hint (in form of an already produced Teela statue :D ) that the line will continue would make me the happiest man alive. :penguin:

gomur
06-28-2019, 12:54 PM
Looking forward to Comic Con and a MotU sighting. If not... we petition!

Acolyte
06-28-2019, 01:06 PM
Looking forward to Comic Con and a MotU sighting. If not... we petition!

That´s the spirit! :goodpost:

craigcliff1
06-28-2019, 07:12 PM
Please don't anyone get too hyped about Comic Con MOTU, Chad does state Powercon is where he plans to show off Hordak and Telela. It would be awesome to show at Comic Con but I would be surprised if he did.

KELPIE
06-28-2019, 09:58 PM
So Mattel have just got the MOTU license back from Super7 to produce figures/toys again and are planning to start a new line of vintage style figures which will be shown at SDCC, some are speculating that Mattel is gearing up to do a big push with MOTU in preparation for the live action film coming next year.

Such a cluster-F.

Mattel has already done, what - three lines of vinatage figures. Just let Super7 keep doing what they are doing.

majestic1
06-29-2019, 04:28 AM
Such a cluster-F.

Mattel has already done, what - three lines of vinatage figures. Just let Super7 keep doing what they are doing.

Some of the quality of Super7 figs have been pretty poor, they have done some good ones as well though to be fair.

Apparently the plan from Mattel is to put this new "origins" line of figures back on store shelves rather than just selling online, I guess trying to get a new generation of kids hooked on motu and also appealing to the nostalgia of older collectors at the same time.

They do look pretty sweet, the 5.5 inch vintage style but with modern articulation and designs based on the mini comics.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2cco45x.jpg

bObA_fEtt_Ox
06-29-2019, 07:09 AM
Such a cluster-F.

I wish they did but apparently Mattel has been taking back all his licenses since January.
I have known it since January and I am still hoping things can change...
But when I see this new toyline I think that is not a good sign for us who collect Sideshow statues and Classics figures

grphyx1
06-29-2019, 07:49 AM
I know it's nerve wreaking for those that want this line but I love that Chad is keeping a little anticipation going.

Acolyte
06-29-2019, 11:40 AM
I know it's nerve wreaking for those that want this line but I love that Chad is keeping a little anticipation going.

Oh yes. Chad is a true master at keeping the anticipation going. :laugh:

KELPIE
07-03-2019, 04:02 AM
Some of the quality of Super7 figs have been pretty poor, they have done some good ones as well though to be fair.

Apparently the plan from Mattel is to put this new "origins" line of figures back on store shelves rather than just selling online, I guess trying to get a new generation of kids hooked on motu and also appealing to the nostalgia of older collectors at the same time.

They do look pretty sweet, the 5.5 inch vintage style but with modern articulation and designs based on the mini comics.

Whoever gets around to giving me Manchines and Monstroids get my vote. So far Mondo is closest with Relay.

Sandman585
08-16-2019, 07:22 AM
From FB video yesterday it seems that he had a meeting with Mattel. I am very hopeful that we will see this line continue in 2020. He had in the past mentioned displaying proto-types at Power con this month is that still happening? He didn’t say in the video.

MaxGoof
08-17-2019, 06:48 PM
Errr.. I’m guessing there’s nothing new being shown at PowerCon right now, huh?

bonedaddy77
08-17-2019, 07:42 PM
I was hoping there might be

Sandman585
08-17-2019, 09:28 PM
Not looking good for PowerCon. I am hopeful as he had a meeting with Mattel. I hope that is leading to good news for us MOTU fans.

craigcliff1
08-17-2019, 10:16 PM
I would think that is was up Mattel if he gets to show anything at Powercon

bObA_fEtt_Ox
08-18-2019, 08:40 AM
Hope someone who went to Powercon will be able to say us something positive

SONICobra
08-18-2019, 11:22 AM
Disappointing... i was really hoping theyd be able to show hordak at the very least

grphyx1
08-18-2019, 11:44 AM
So there was a bit of confusion. Tweeterhead did not have a booth. The organizers sorta jumped the gun on that. David Igo will be there with the MOTU busts he had worked on (I think they are unpainted). Last I heard he would be discussing the MOTU/Mattel future.

Acolyte
08-19-2019, 06:38 AM
So there was a bit of confusion. Tweeterhead did not have a booth. The organizers sorta jumped the gun on that. David Igo will be there with the MOTU busts he had worked on (I think they are unpainted). Last I heard he would be discussing the MOTU/Mattel future.

Thanks for the clarification grphyx1. :)

Maybe David Igo will shed some light into the whole thing. I really want to know more about the future of the line. Will it continue? What character(s) will be next? And so on and on ... pretty exciting to be a MotU fan these days.

AlexT
08-19-2019, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the clarification grphyx1. :)

Maybe David Igo will shed some light into the whole thing. I really want to know more about the future of the line. Will it continue? What character(s) will be next? And so on and on ... pretty exciting to be a MotU fan these days.

Sounds like 2020 will be MotU year. Netflix series, movie and hopefully some sweet TH statues.

Philintheblank
08-19-2019, 07:29 AM
I'm guessing these are the same busts he had at monsterpalooza? ...posted in the SS thread.