PDA

View Full Version : "Shiranui" Life-Size Predator busts

majestic1
12-01-2018, 10:00 AM
Displayed a Tokyo comic con, concept by Akihito.

More pics here - https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq0RVwjFjmz/

http://i67.tinypic.com/14v1shs.jpg

ozboy
12-03-2018, 03:52 AM
They don't pair up very well, the female dwarfs the male. Had to put those boodies in huh

Zombiez
12-03-2018, 04:35 AM
They don't pair up very well, the female dwarfs the male. Had to put those boodies in huh

Well in predator lore the females are bigger than the males

Xenoburger
12-03-2018, 06:26 PM
She only looks larger than him in the above photo where she's closer to the camera. The bust however is taller because there is more torso.

I don't like the human hair or extravagant, queen alien-esque crown she has.

dao2
12-03-2018, 10:46 PM
the male one is up on ss, and it looks great! unfortunately I'll probably wait till release to get it assuming it comes out good, but if it does order here.

very steep at $1700, but if the quality is there (it is an intricate paint job) then worth it imo.

qz33
12-04-2018, 01:55 AM
Saw the male on Sideshow then looked for a thread here.
Proto looks fantastic and hard to replicate. Never like how Coolprops tries to squeeze their Lifesize Busts into compact forms.

Haven't been a fan on the dreads on their other busts. These look way more separated though and if they come out like this it will e a banging piece.

If it were ECC I'd have faith.

dao2
12-04-2018, 04:21 AM
Saw the male on Sideshow then looked for a thread here.
Proto looks fantastic and hard to replicate. Never like how Coolprops tries to squeeze their Lifesize Busts into compact forms.

Haven't been a fan on the dreads on their other busts. These look way more separated though and if they come out like this it will e a banging piece.

If it were ECC I'd have faith.

Well the dreads on their other busts are how they are on the actual molds, they really really should clean them up but that is the reasoning for why they look so clumped and rough. Looking at them I'd imagine they are just place holders that would be removed and replaces with dreads.

This was an original sculpt and as such the dreads were sculpted properly.

qz33
12-04-2018, 10:32 AM
Well the dreads on their other busts are how they are on the actual molds, they really really should clean them up but that is the reasoning for why they look so clumped and rough. Looking at them I'd imagine they are just place holders that would be removed and replaces with dreads.

This was an original sculpt and as such the dreads were sculpted properly.

Oh I had thought only the face was taken from original molds.

When I buy something lifesize I want the full illusion not some space saving cost cutting measures.

Max Shreck
12-04-2018, 02:34 PM
It’s up on Collectiblesdirect in the uk. The guys at CD seems totally lost their minds. It’s £2100. :jawd:
Haha! Wonderful!

samhain81
12-04-2018, 03:56 PM
It’s up on Collectiblesdirect in the uk. The guys at CD seems totally lost their minds. It’s £2100. :jawd:
Haha! Wonderful!

Don't even bother looking at that doughnuts website anymore. He know's he can charge whatever he wants because he's one of the only retailers still going in the UK. Not fooling me.

Max Shreck
12-04-2018, 06:32 PM
You are not wrong. 👌

dao2
12-04-2018, 06:32 PM
Oh I had thought only the face was taken from original molds.

When I buy something lifesize I want the full illusion not some space saving cost cutting measures.

Nah iirc the entire bust is the mold, and those are production dreads and they look like ---- :P

HeavyMetalSpike
12-05-2018, 01:21 AM
Oh I had thought only the face was taken from original molds . . .

This has caused a bit of confusion - but you are correct.

The dreds were NOT taken from original molds - but were cobbled together in-house by CoolProps.

THIS sculpt (the male "Kagero") is 100% new by Aki (well - new as of about a year ago anyways)

IMO - this is the best Predator collectible put up for pre-order in the last 3 years (since their Predator 2 1:1 bust).

Max Shreck
12-05-2018, 04:39 AM
IMO - this is the best Predator collectible put up for pre-order in the last 3 years (since their Predator 2 1:1 bust).

I agree. Although a bit more expensive one would wanna spend on a character hasn’t even been in a film.

qz33
12-05-2018, 11:49 AM

The dreds were NOT taken from original molds - but were cobbled together in-house by CoolProps.

THIS sculpt (the male "Kagero") is 100% new by Aki (well - new as of about a year ago anyways)

I agree. Although a bit more expensive one would wanna spend on a character hasn’t even been in a film.

As far as looks appeal I like this Predator better but for nearly the same money Prime1's Fugitive Predator bust is better as a collectible to buy.

Way more chest and not just a head on a cut stump. Lot more faith in P1 as well.

dao2
12-05-2018, 11:49 AM

Really? I thought they were part of the original molds and that's why they didn't want to fix them.

Seriously why would you leave them like that if not, even without making them perfect putting in minimal effort so smooth them would have been 100x better.