PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous Situation

Car50n
10-07-2005, 02:59 PM
one of my regular customers noticed MR's Rocketeer Helmet in Previews and asked me what it would cost. Being one of my bigger customers i showed him our wholesale cost for the piece in the Diamond order form. He was a little taken back and so was I.

As we talked about it, i got the urge to check the MR website to see what the SRP on it was, especially since my cost was so high i'd imagined it would be at least $500+, errrrr wrong, dead wrong. the MR site had it for sale at a 'whopping' $399. just $43 over the Diamond "retailer" price. I find this ridiculous and absurd. how is a retailer supposed to sell a piece that cost $356 (plus freight) and compete with the manufactures own website?

the question is, who's screwing who? Diamonds high cost, or MR low web price.

how do retailers feel about this? and if you didn't know, no need to thank me.

Virsago
10-07-2005, 03:09 PM
It might be diamond, my lcs orders most statues and other expensive stuff direct from the manufacturer because of diamonds high cost.

Mike
10-07-2005, 04:25 PM
If you are a retailer and you want to buy MR direct feel free to PM or e-mail me Mkochis@masterreplicas.com.

It's easy and fun! (Fun because you get to deal with me! :confused2 )

wellwisher
10-07-2005, 08:17 PM
Have you also noticed how Diamond will mix in retail prices and wholesale prices sometimes in their order info? When you're ordering, you think the cost is approx. 1/2 of the price they are showing you.
They do this to blind side you when you're not paying close enough attention.

That's why going direct is always far better when possible.
The HardHero.com guys are selling direct and taking advantage of that is great for statue retailers.

Grievous
10-07-2005, 09:12 PM
It's Diamond.