PDA

View Full Version : Going to see Nigh----ch tonight

Bullseye
10-09-2005, 01:43 PM
Seeing that my Fiancee is Russian and extremely proud of that fact i couldn't but say yes and go and see this tonight. Hopefully it won't be a let down. :)

Zurbaran1
10-09-2005, 02:10 PM
Never heard of it. What is it?

Bullseye
10-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Here you go Zurb. Its got good reviews in the media over here.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0403358/

lord odin
10-09-2005, 02:28 PM
I hear it`s pretty good hope you enjoy yourself.

Zurbaran1
10-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Thanks B. Sounds interesting. Will have to keep an eye out for it here. Let us know what you think of it.

Ghost
10-09-2005, 03:14 PM
I'm thinking you'll like it B. I thought it was great. Hopefully if they continue with the stories the pacing will be worked out but I thought it was really kewl.

Zurbaran1
10-09-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm thinking you'll like it B. I thought it was great. Hopefully if they continue with the stories the pacing will be worked out but I thought it was really kewl.

Ghost, was it released theatrically in the US? If so, when?

Ghost
10-09-2005, 03:29 PM
Ghost, was it released theatrically in the US? If so, when?

This movie has been out for a year or so, possibly longer. I remember seeing trailers for this like in Jan or possibly last Dec. The trailers never specified when it came out but I think it was on a limited release. I do not remember seeing this hit on a wider national scale. Or at least I don't remember since I got the DVD after it was out in Russia, but no dates come to mind.

Zurbaran1
10-09-2005, 03:31 PM
Must have missed it. I'll have to check and see if the DVD is available. Thanks G.

MiamiLoco
10-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Let me know what you think Bullseye, I really didn't like it. Mostly cause of the thin/vague plot.

Virsago
10-09-2005, 06:03 PM
It's still listed as coming soon on apple.com's trailer site.

Bullseye
10-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Okay this film is certainly worth watching. Its worth noting that it is the first of a planned triliogy. It was in Russian with English subtitles. Now i don't mind subtitles but when there is so much going on it can be difficult keeping up. The story line could be interesting but like Miami said a little thin. I guess they don't want to reveal everything. Basically its a battle between the dark and the light (good and the bad depending upon your point of view as the vampires aren't your typical movie variety).

There will be a new 'The One' sound familiar who will tip the balance in someones favour. This is where the story ends and is just getting interesting. I would certainly recommend viewing it. The effects and acting is good when you consider the budget involved.

lord odin
10-10-2005, 12:09 PM
Okay this film is certainly worth watching. Its worth noting that it is the first of a planned triliogy. It was in Russian with English subtitles. Now i don't mind subtitles but when there is so much going on it can be difficult keeping up. The story line could be interesting but like Miami said a little thin. I guess they don't want to reveal everything. Basically its a battle between the dark and the light (good and the bad depending upon your point of view as the vampires aren't your typical movie variety).

There will be a new 'The One' sound familiar who will tip the balance in someones favour. This is where the story ends and is just getting interesting. I would certainly recommend viewing it. The effects and acting is good when you consider the budget involved.
Damn Russian vampires.

Ghost
10-10-2005, 04:04 PM
I thought the effects were very well done, subtle and not too in your face like "HEY LOOK I'M CG!!!". Great effects.

Bullseye
10-10-2005, 04:07 PM
I thought the effects were very well done, subtle and not too in your face like "HEY LOOK I'M CG!!!". Great effects.

I agree the effects were good.

Ghost
10-11-2005, 04:55 AM
I hope it gets popular enough to finish off the trilogy. I never read if they continued to film the entire series like they did with LotR or not. If so at least I hope they manage to make enough money to finish them in post.