PDA

View Full Version : Neca RoboCop 18" toy pictures

cap70
10-12-2005, 12:39 AM
My wife gave me this Neca 18" RoboCop toy, since she knows I'm a big fan of the movies, and even though I don't collect toys, only statues, I must admit I'm really impressed with it. Really nice. I will give it a better paint job later, and will put him in the base that I will also paint.
For $39, you can't go wrong.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Cacico/robocop1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Cacico/robocop2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Cacico/robocop3.jpg

Skulpturen
10-12-2005, 08:25 AM
Indeed, the NECA Version is better!

Congrats Cap, your wife has a good taste! :)

Double Dare
10-12-2005, 09:04 AM
The Neca is very impressive. Thanks for sharing those photos, Cap70 -I'm going to have to get one for myself now. Please share some photos of the figure when you finish with it.

Nick

Sniper
10-12-2005, 09:49 AM
I saw the McFarlane one and wanted it without all the damage, the neca is more impressive and has a base which gives it a nice clean look to it

cap70
10-12-2005, 03:57 PM
Sniper, the wood base you see in my pictures didn't come with the Neca, I bought it separetly. :)
I will paint it and attach the figure to the base

cap70
10-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Very nice. McFarlane Toys just came out with a twelve-inch battle-damaged version.

I think the Neca is nicer.

I prefer the Neca also. Much better likeness/details.

superash
10-12-2005, 05:56 PM
way cool. i am going to have to get one of both if i can. kinda a before and after.

superash
10-12-2005, 06:20 PM
ok just looked on ebay for the neca robo and can't find one under $41.00 and since it's in the united kingdomes the shipping will rob me. anyone know where else i could get one of these?

cap70
10-12-2005, 07:05 PM
superash, check your local SamCoast video store, that's where my wife bought it for me.

superash
10-12-2005, 07:38 PM
superash, check your local SamCoast video store, that's where my wife bought it for me.

what if i don't have a SamCoast video store? in fact i never heard of it before either. :peoples:

this thing is so cool. i will keep looking though. thanks for the info though, i will see if they have a www.

superash
10-12-2005, 07:40 PM
didn't find a website. :(
i will keep searching though.

cap70
10-12-2005, 07:41 PM
superash, I just checked ebay and there's MANY USA sellers selling it. Here's one for ya:Neca Robocop (http://cgi.ebay.com/NECA-ROBOCOP-18-ACTION-FIGURE-MOTION-ACTIVATED-RARE_W0QQitemZ6004659720QQcategoryZ2622QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

cap70
10-12-2005, 07:43 PM
what if i don't have a SamCoast video store? in fact i never heard of it before either. :peoples:

this thing is so cool. i will keep looking though. thanks for the info though, i will see if they have a www.

Sorry, it's SunCoast, not SamCoast.

superash
10-12-2005, 07:46 PM
thanks, the price is good but the shipping sucks: $17.99.

i typed it in again a couple different ways and found some more sellers too. i found one now for $32.00 pluss $10.00 for shipping the itsn't that bad. i will keep looking a little more to see if there is any better prices. thanks for your help.

where did you get your base? and how are you gonna attach it? or are you gonna just set it on top?

cap70
10-12-2005, 07:51 PM
thanks, the price is good but the shipping sucks: $17.99.

i typed it in again a couple different ways and found some more sellers too. i found one now for $32.00 pluss $10.00 for shipping the itsn't that bad. i will keep looking a little more to see if there is any better prices. thanks for your help.

where did you get your base? and how are you gonna attach it? or are you gonna just set it on top?

And you are welcome. I will paint the base black. I still don't know if I'm going to attach it permanently (with epoxy and thick screws coming from the bottom) or just set it on top. I bought this base at Walmart, in the craft section, when I was searching for some paintings. It costed me 3 bucks.

superash
10-12-2005, 08:01 PM
sounds good to me. i think i could handle that.

superash
10-12-2005, 08:56 PM
ok got my Neca odered now i just need to get the battle damaged one.

superash
10-18-2005, 04:22 PM
ok got a good price on the battle damaged robocop for 17.99. and the other day when i was in Sam Goodie i found the movie maniac version also for 11.99.
now i am just waiting for the other two to arrive.

Grievous
10-19-2005, 12:46 AM
No offense, but that looks ****en awesome!!!!

MiamiLoco
10-19-2005, 01:09 AM
Yeah, I have this. Awesome!! And you forgot to mention that it has a talking/motion sensor feature, with lines from the movie!!!

superash
10-19-2005, 01:43 AM
Yeah, I have this. Awesome!! And you forgot to mention that it has a talking/motion sensor feature, with lines from the movie!!!

Thank You for Your Cooperation
Serve the Public Trust, Protect the Innocent,
Uphold the Law
You're Move Creep
Dead or Alive You're Coming with Me
Come Quietly or There Will be Trouble
Clarence Bod****er ,You are Under Arrest
Thank You For Your Cooperation, Good Night!
:buttrock:

cap70
10-19-2005, 02:40 AM
Yup, I forgot to mention that. It's prety cool actually.

MiamiLoco
10-19-2005, 01:52 PM
and it also have a short sound clip of his movement noise. Wish it was a big longer though.

superash
10-19-2005, 03:04 PM
mine should be here today!!! can't wait. when i get all three of them i will post a pic.

predatorhunter
10-21-2005, 05:42 PM
A few things here, guys, here's a tip for you if your not happy with the shine on the 18"er, I wasn't...shoot it with at least three coats of gloss, then, and I just tried this myself and was shocked at how great the results were, apply some Armor All, that stuff will utterly make all the difference in the world!

Now, I just got the 12" Battle Damaged Robo and I hate to break it to you all, but I am not impressed. First off, the paint scheme is fine, just like the 6"er, but they COMPLETELY missed the mark with the sculpt!

Here's a rundown on what I had problems with...

The Head: It's all wrong, too 'squat' I guess is a good word to describe it, it's too short, rounded and when viewed head-on his helmet appears too broad for his head. The black area on his jaw and chin isn't pronounced enough, either, too small.

Detail: As I said they missed the mark with this sculpt, in fact i'm quite shocked that Todd missed so much detail, and what they did manage to include is either too small, too large or ill shaped.

For example, the chest and back plates aren't rounded enough when the figure is viewed from the side, his chest plate rests too flat against his torso, this isn't part of the battle damage, Todd just got it wrong. Bolt holes are missing, his arms look very odd and his shoulders are too close to the upper part of his chest armor. The way he holds his Auto-9 pistol is wrong as well, in fact he doesn't really hold it, it keeps falling out of his hand, the gun itself looks deformed, with the bottom of the clip sticking too far out from the bottom of the handle.

Another example are the elongated tubular structures on his biceps, the right one is deformed, possibly battle damage, and the left one is too flat on top with some (GASP) plastic mold flashing visible on it!

On his back, the black area's that should be visible between his upper arms and back plate are gone! On the back of his head, the round chair interface terminal, which is flanked by three vents on each side, is very sloppily sculpted, as are the vents themselves. The half-rings on his shoulders that transverse the separation line of his chest and back armor are just one solid pieces of plastic with no hollowing out, there's no excuse for this not being correct, this figure is large enough to where they could have gotten that right but didn't for some reason.

The best parts of this figure are the black torso area and his legs, I can find no real fault with the leg's.

In the end, the 6"er is actually more accurate than this, which is surprising to me given this figures size, and the NECA 18"er is THE definitive Robocop by comparison. I looked at both the 12"er and the 18"er side by side, and the 18"er is so film accurate and such a representation of actor Peter Weller that it's quite staggering to be honest here. The 12"er looks like a toy, which is what it is, but IMO the best toys, when done right, don't have to look like it.

A very disappointing release IMO, especially given the success of the 6" version, this should have been great, but as it is is only passable from a distance, it doesn't hold up to close scrutiny. I've suspected that Todd is getting lazy towards his film lines for some time now, this just confirms it. This will probably be my last figure from him i'm sad to say.

I hope you all enjoy the figure, I really do, but I needed to bring these issue to your attention, that's why i'm here. ;)

superash
10-21-2005, 06:40 PM
well now i am not that excited to get my battle damage robocop.

does the armor all add shine to the 18" neca? and do you think this will attracted dust to it?

predatorhunter
10-21-2005, 06:51 PM
Let me say again that the 12" figure is fine when viewed at a distance, and most people who aren't such sticklers for detail like we are ;), won't even notice the flaws when they see it on display in your home. Just don't get too close.

And yes, Armor All did wonders for my 18"er as far as bringing out the shine, especially on the black area's, but again, I used it on a figure that had a gloss coat applied to it as well, so I think that the two helped each other out. It can attract dust, but if your like me, dusting your figures off is a normal routine, and if you have a display case that's even better.

superash
10-21-2005, 06:52 PM
do you have any pics of your 12" figure.

predatorhunter
10-21-2005, 07:03 PM
Sadly I have no pics, but if I did I couldn't upload them, my computer is down and i've been using my old msn-tv reciever as back-up until I either get my main pc fixed or just get a new one.

superash
10-21-2005, 07:09 PM
well i guess i can wait mine should be here in a couple of days. thanks for the info though on both figures.

predatorhunter
10-21-2005, 10:03 PM
No sweat.

superash
11-02-2005, 04:26 AM
ok have all three of my robos in now. the 6", 12", and the 18". they are all pretty cool, but i agree that the battle damage could have been better. so here are the pics i said i would put up a couple of weeks ago.
ummmm don't know what's up with the girl at the bottom, there not of me or anyone i know and i can't get rid of them either soooooooo......

http://tinypic.com/f9qrdv.jpg
http://tinypic.com/f9grgo.jpg

superash
11-02-2005, 04:27 AM
http://tinypic.com/f9qrlx.jpg
http://tinypic.com/f9qro0.jpg

superash
11-02-2005, 04:28 AM
if anybody wants more pics or has any questions just let me know.

gol
11-02-2005, 11:39 AM
I think robocop is cheesy

armitage
11-09-2005, 12:14 AM
I think robocop is cheesy

Well, some people think cucumbers taste better pickled :)

Neomotion
11-20-2005, 05:45 PM
Robocop is cool. I love the 18" version. Gonna order one tommorow.

joy_division
12-03-2005, 10:38 AM
I got mine yesterday and love it.

I think they could've improved it in thre ways though:

the gun is a bit bland, and could have been a bit more detailed and/or had a metallic finish
it would've been cool if Murphy's helmet had come of, or if there was an alternative head
like the import version of robo, it would be great to have a removable section in his leg to store his gun