PDA

View Full Version : Episode III DVD

Zurbaran1
10-21-2005, 04:04 PM
There's a very interesting article in next week's Entertainment Weekly about the soon to be released Star Wars Episode III DVD and all the cool stuff it will contain. The coolest is Within a Minute: The Making of Episode III. It's a 78 minute documentary that follows one 49 minute snippet of the film's climactic lighsaber duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan on Mustafar. It goes right from it's inception to Lucas' final cut. There are four pages of pics from the documentary in EW as well. Can't wait for this one.

And, though not related to SW, a very HOT Charlize Theron is on the cover of this issue of EW. Nice!!!! :)

SpenK
10-21-2005, 04:27 PM
Yes...................................Nov.....................1................... :eplus2:

Primal
10-21-2005, 04:50 PM
a very HOT Charlize Theron is on the cover of this issue of EW. Nice!!!! :)Very nice indeed...
http://www.frequencymagazine.com/fmmovies/public_html/images/sectionimages/movienews/2003_the_italian_job_028.jpg

Mini-Rock
10-21-2005, 05:20 PM
My EPIII DVD will be here on Monday. I can't wait either. :)

Zurbaran1
10-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Here's next week's cover.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b396/Zurbaran1/charlize3.jpg

Zurbaran1
10-21-2005, 08:55 PM
Well, if you can get past the cover and the Star Wars DVD article there's an extensive article on Alan Moore's Watchmen. Looks like WB may go ahead with the movie version.

Dj-B13
10-21-2005, 08:58 PM
WOW, great cover :buttrock: .

Looks like she could have been susan storm for the FF movie, like my Avatar, they have same style hair there :p

marvelboi77
10-21-2005, 09:36 PM
This movie sucked.

Zurbaran1
10-21-2005, 09:37 PM
This movie sucked.

which movie? Episode III or Charlene's new one?

badlieut
10-21-2005, 09:53 PM
I think WalMart is going to have an exclusive bonus DVD with Episode 3. So, you may want to head there to pick it up. I hope I don't have to weed thru a bunch of Pan and Scan DVDs to find a Widescreen version.

marvelboi77
10-21-2005, 10:01 PM
which movie? Episode III or Charlene's new one?
Episode 3. Charlice's new one North Country looks really good.

Primal
10-21-2005, 10:05 PM
I think WalMart is going to have an exclusive bonus DVD with Episode 3. So, you may want to head there to pick it up. I hope I don't have to weed thru a bunch of Pan and Scan DVDs to find a Widescreen version.http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=16055

Zurbaran1
10-21-2005, 10:39 PM
I think WalMart is going to have an exclusive bonus DVD with Episode 3. So, you may want to head there to pick it up. I hope I don't have to weed thru a bunch of Pan and Scan DVDs to find a Widescreen version.

I usually get all my DVDs from Best Buy or dvdempire.com but it's Walmart for this one. Badlieut, I just used the link Primal put up and ordered it online. It's the widescreen and they'll ship so you get it on Nov.1 But then again I don't have a Walmart in the immediate vicinity.

badlieut
10-22-2005, 12:09 AM
I usually get all my DVDs from Best Buy or dvdempire.com but it's Walmart for this one. Badlieut, I just used the link Primal put up and ordered it online. It's the widescreen and they'll ship so you get it on Nov.1 But then again I don't have a Walmart in the immediate vicinity.

I have a WalMart up the street and then another by my work so I'll pop in there on Nov 1. I was going to get the Office Space SE at Best Buy on that day b/c they are supposed have some extra stuff in theirs like a real stapler, but then again, I don't care about that junk. Too bad the DVD isn't going to have as many extras as once thought.

mwf6171
10-22-2005, 01:01 AM
Well, if you can get past the cover and the Star Wars DVD article there's an extensive article on Alan Moore's Watchmen. Looks like WB may go ahead with the movie version.

Gods, that would be sweet!! I hope they don't F@ck it up!!!!!! :mad:

Zurbaran1
10-22-2005, 09:14 PM
I just read elsewhere that Best Buy is supposed to have some great exclusive with their Episode III. No info on what the exclusive could be. Hmmm....I'm getting the Walmart one but if BB does come up with something good, I may have to pick that one up. In that case someone is getting Episode III for Christmas.

SpenK
10-22-2005, 09:18 PM
Actually Best Buy Has Something Else......................... :eplus2:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7243547&type=product&cmp=++&id=1115365335530

Zurbaran1
10-22-2005, 09:23 PM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7243547&type=product&cmp=++&id=1115365335530

Nah, that ain't it. :laugh:

SpenK
10-22-2005, 09:27 PM
Nah, that ain't it. :laugh:
I Know....................... :p It should be the other way buy THAT and Get the DvD.............................. :)

Mini-Rock
10-22-2005, 10:20 PM

Got it: ROTS Poster Sculpture (http://community-2.webtv.net/Mini-Rock/Episode3Propsand/)

Two more days until EPIII is in tha house! :D

Primal
10-22-2005, 10:20 PM
I just read elsewhere that Best Buy is supposed to have some great exclusive with their Episode III. No info on what the exclusive could be. Hmmm....I'm getting the Walmart one but if BB does come up with something good, I may have to pick that one up. In that case someone is getting Episode III for Christmas.Dammit...that's what I was afraid of. :banghead: So now where should I get it from?

Zurbaran1
10-22-2005, 10:57 PM
Dammit...that's what I was afraid of. :banghead: So now where should I get it from?

Well, if you haven't already ordered it, just wait. See if one is clearly better than the other and get that one. If you want both exclusives then pick them both up and give someone Episode III for Christmas or something. That's what I'm gonna do.

Primal
10-22-2005, 11:02 PM
Well, if you haven't already ordered it, just wait. See if one is clearly better than the other and get that one. If you want both exclusives then pick them both up and give someone Episode III for Christmas or something. That's what I'm gonna do.Damn the obsessive compulsive collector's mindset. :banghead:

Zurbaran1
10-22-2005, 11:09 PM
Damn the obsessive compulsive collector's mindset. :banghead:

It's a heavy burden we must bare, isn't it? :laugh:

Boerboel
10-24-2005, 08:03 PM
I heard that the Bestbuy one comes with a litho.Not positive though,just what I heard.

Did a little research and found this (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat73400050000&type=category)

risingstar
10-24-2005, 08:08 PM
I would take a 3rd DVD over a litho anyday...

Primal
10-24-2005, 08:25 PM
I heard that the Bestbuy one comes with a litho.Not positive though,just what I heard.

Did a little research and found this (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat73400050000&type=category)AAAAAAAArrGGGGGH!!!! Looks like I'll have to get it at both Walmart & Best Buy! :banghead:

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/musicmoviegame/movies/features/f_20051023_swlitho_ff6600.jpg

marvelboi77
10-24-2005, 08:30 PM
All of those Litho's are just junk, I mean it's not even a litho, I just love the lito's I got for Sin City from Circuit City can we say cardboard cards....hmmmm...Junk.

Zurbaran1
10-24-2005, 08:33 PM
AAAAAAAArrGGGGGH!!!! Looks like I'll have to get it at both Walmart & Best Buy! :banghead:

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/musicmoviegame/movies/features/f_20051023_swlitho_ff6600.jpg

I go to Best Buy every Tuesday so I will check it out. If it's worth it I may just buy the Battlefront Game for PSP. They are giving the litho with that, too.

Mini-Rock
10-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Got done with I and II. We are about to pop in III in a few minutes. :)

Boerboel
10-24-2005, 10:55 PM
Looks like its gonna be the walmart version I guess.If for no other reason than I can get it at midnight because they are open 24 hours.

Boerboel
10-24-2005, 11:04 PM
Got done with I and II. We are about to pop in III in a few minutes. :)
I just watched Phantom Menace too,didn't have time to watch Clones.I wish I already had ROTS,must be nice. :)

rosko23
10-24-2005, 11:20 PM
All of those Litho's are just junk, I mean it's not even a litho, I just love the lito's I got for Sin City from Circuit City can we say cardboard cards....hmmmm...Junk.
totally agree.

Ghost
10-25-2005, 05:14 AM
So what comes with the dvd if you get it at Walmart again? Another dvd correct?

Primal
10-25-2005, 07:32 AM
So what comes with the dvd if you get it at Walmart again? Another dvd correct?Yes.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=16055

Cage
10-25-2005, 09:44 AM
WOW, great cover :buttrock: .

Looks like she could have been susan storm for the FF movie, like my Avatar, they have same style hair there :p

She is a knockout, and would have been my choice for Sue Storm as well.

Sniper
10-25-2005, 10:26 AM
damn I'll probably get both

Mini-Rock
10-26-2005, 11:19 AM
I watched EPIII again last night. This is by far the best looking and best sounding DVD to be released...EVER! I'm off on business in Seattle today, but I hope to be able to watch it again tonight when I get back. :)

ashley76
10-26-2005, 11:29 AM
Oh mini rock you make me sick with your exclusive back stage pass to get movies before they are released to the public. Please kick me some more and tell how good it is... JK How does it compare (sound/audio-wise) to AOTC or Batman Begins?

HFA
10-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Oh mini rock you make me sick with your exclusive back stage pass to get movies before they are released to the public. Please kick me some more and tell how good it is... JK How does it compare (sound/audio-wise) to AOTC or Batman Begins?

He probably has a boot copy anyway! :p

Mini-Rock
10-27-2005, 12:14 AM

Definitely more aggressive than AOTC, and a little more dynamic than Batman Begins (probably due to ROTS being in DD-EX). A 6.1 or 7.1 set-up would definitely provide the ultimate aural ROTS DVD experience, but this disc rocks in 5.1 as well. :)

He probably has a boot copy anyway! :p

LOL! Haven't needed to. Well, not yet anyway. Thanks to all my buds on the inside, I doubt I'll ever have to resort to bootlegs. :)

ashley76
10-27-2005, 10:12 AM
Cool I have a 7.1 setup so hopefully this will be a good test for my system.

Jack8022
10-27-2005, 03:30 PM
What? Star Wars was mentioned on that cover? lemme go look again!

Zurbaran1
10-27-2005, 03:52 PM
What? Star Wars was mentioned on that cover? lemme go look again!

Don't strain your eyes this time and you'll see it! :laugh:

SpenK
10-29-2005, 06:02 PM
Here is the link to the Promotions..............Target "Coin"...........BesBuy "Litho".........Walmart "DVD"..............So I will Buy The In the 3 Places..... Target.............EP III DVD Will Keep......................BesBuy PSP Battlefront 2 Game "Litho" also provided..................And Walmart............. I will Return If Posible...................... The Best of All, The way I like IT.......... :eplus2:
http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1130376312,99373,

Bartman256
10-29-2005, 06:49 PM
I got a copy of Episode lll Wed. Not the biggest fan of the 1st 2 movies, but this chapter was really good! Haven't checked out the extras yet!

(I also got a copy of Devil's Rejects. Pretty good!)

DarthBane
10-30-2005, 06:05 PM
I got a copy of Episode lll Wed. Not the biggest fan of the 1st 2 movies, but this chapter was really good! Haven't checked out the extras yet!

(I also got a copy of Devil's Rejects. Pretty good!)

Episode I was alright ( I liked it), but you have to start the story of Darth Vader somewhere. Episode II I actually really liked. Now Episode III, I think, was the best of all six.

Skulpturen
10-31-2005, 09:48 AM
Yes, I think this is my favourite SW movie.
Got the DVD on Friday, quality is excellent! :buttrock:

Worst SW movie IMO is Episode 1 :puke2:

Primal
10-31-2005, 10:50 AM
For the interested...

Bestbuy is supposedly opening all their stores tomorrow at 8am. Only Reward Zone members will be able to get the free litho (minimum 100per store) being offered with EP3 or the new SW game.

Zurbaran1
10-31-2005, 11:10 AM
For the interested...

Bestbuy is supposedly opening all their stores tomorrow at 8am. Only Reward Zone members will be able to get the free litho (minimum 100per store) being offered with EP3 or the new SW game.

I'll be dropping my kids off at school tomorrow and heading right over. I'm getting the DVD from Walmart so I'll pick up the SW game for PSP at BB and get the litho. They are also going to be selling the Luke and Darth FX sabers for $99 and there's a Stars Wars Unleashed Vader BB exclusive as well. In my opinion, if you shop alot at BB the Reward Zone membership is well worth it. At $9.99 per year you get it back many times over in Reward certificates and many time Reward ZOne members will get an extra few bucks off the sale price on new DVDs.

Primal
10-31-2005, 11:21 AM
I'll be dropping my kids off at school tomorrow and heading right over. I'm getting the DVD from Walmart so I'll pick up the SW game for PSP at BB and get the litho. They are also going to be selling the Luke and Darth FX sabers for $99 and there's a Stars Wars Unleashed Vader BB exclusive as well. In my opinion, if you shop alot at BB the Reward Zone membership is well worth it. At $9.99 per year you get it back many times over in Reward certificates and many time Reward ZOne members will get an extra few bucks off the sale price on new DVDs.I'm a RZ member as well. You know the way it worked out...you had to purchase $125-150 worth to get a friggin $5 off coupon. Seems like so little but I got $50 bucks off on top of a bunch of rebates when I got my new computer. :buttrock:

And why is myrewardzone.com advertising this as the litho?!? this is one of those 3D sculptures right?

http://www.myrewardzone.com/informationnew.jspx?offerCode=1420
http://www.myrewardzone.com/images/offer_details/promo/1420_detail_img.jpg

Mini-Rock
10-31-2005, 11:43 AM
Yeah, that is the Code3 ROTS 3D Poster Sculpture. That would be the ultimate free gift if it came with the DVD.

Zurbaran1
10-31-2005, 11:49 AM
I'm a RZ member as well. You know the way it worked out...you had to purchase $125-150 worth to get a friggin $5 off coupon. Seems like so little but I got $50 bucks off on top of a bunch of rebates when I got my new computer. :buttrock:

And why is myrewardzone.com advertising this as the litho?!? this is one of those 3D sculptures right?

Yeah, it doesn't seem like much but the bucks do add up. You cover the $9.99 cost for RZ membership pretty fast so after that everything else is gravy. I think that must be a mistake as far as the litho. If you look in the weekly flyers the litho is a darth Vader head shot.

wolverinejedi007
10-31-2005, 05:57 PM
The litho I believe is a print of the Code3 ROTS 3D poster...
The actual sculpted poster is $79.99...
see here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7243547&type=product&id=1115365335530

Zurbaran1
10-31-2005, 09:02 PM
Got my Episode III DVD and Walmart ewxclusive DVD in the mail today, one day early. Now for the popcorn.

DarthBane
10-31-2005, 09:04 PM
I'm a RZ member as well. You know the way it worked out...you had to purchase $125-150 worth to get a friggin $5 off coupon. Seems like so little but I got $50 bucks off on top of a bunch of rebates when I got my new computer. :buttrock:

http://www.myrewardzone.com/informationnew.jspx?offerCode=1420
http://www.myrewardzone.com/images/offer_details/promo/1420_detail_img.jpg

This is the litho. It is not 3D. It is a plain old lithograph. The 3D sculpture you are able to buy for 79.99 and it depicts the Episode III movie poster.

DarthBane
10-31-2005, 09:08 PM
In my opinion, if you shop alot at BB the Reward Zone membership is well worth it. At $9.99 per year you get it back many times over in Reward certificates and many time Reward ZOne members will get an extra few bucks off the sale price on new DVDs.

I agree the Rewards Card is worth it if you shop there alot. I actually go to best buy every tuesday and buy about 5-10 DVDS. They do give rewards zone members an extra few bucks every now and then. I say if your going to spend the money anyways, you might as well get a gift card for it.

Primal
10-31-2005, 09:08 PM
Got my Episode III DVD and Walmart ewxclusive DVD in the mail today, one day early. Now for the popcorn.Damn you. :mad: Will have to wait til tomorrow. :banghead:

Mini-Rock
10-31-2005, 09:14 PM
After watching the EPIII DVD again today, and then viewing the deleted scenes afterward, I'm glad that the Yoda sequence wasn't added to the ending. It would have made it too long and would have also taken away from "Skywalker" ending.

Also, I forgot to add in my previous post that the DD track is recorded about 4-5dbs too low; so, be prepared to turn it up a little more than you usually would. I had to turn mine about 5db's higher, and it is nothing short of amazing. :)

Now to go play some Battlefront II.

sith lord utinni!
11-01-2005, 01:25 AM
I'm about to venture out down the road to my nearest Wally world and pick up the dvd, can't wait! I got battlefront 2 earlier tonight from gamestop and this game is freakin' awesome! :buttrock:

Tattoo-X
11-01-2005, 04:14 AM
Are any stores having promo cards with purchase?

Boerboel
11-01-2005, 06:12 AM
Just finished watching it.I was at walmart shortly after midnight,couldn't wait.I don't see why some people didn't like this movie,it kicks a$$! I have yet to watch the hour long bonus disc,not expecting a whole lot from it anyway.

Zurbaran1
11-01-2005, 02:18 PM
I stopped at BB early today to pick up battlefront for the PSP and they didn't have it or the Vader exclusive figure! They gave me some story about a problem with deliveries. I did grab one of the Darth Vader FX lighsabers though. Pretty cool. Will go nicely with my custom Luke saber though it is no where near the same quality wise.

Ghost
11-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Just picked mine up from Walmart as well to get the 2nd disc haven't watched either as I dozed off trying to produce some video for a client. Didn't know BB was having an exclusive figure! Will have to go check that out!

Boerboel
11-01-2005, 02:51 PM
I stopped at BB early today to pick up battlefront for the PSP and they didn't have it or the Vader exclusive figure! They gave me some story about a problem with deliveries. I did grab one of the Darth Vader FX lighsabers though. Pretty cool. Will go nicely with my custom Luke saber though it is no where near the same quality wise.
Whats this about an exclusive Vader figure?

Boerboel
11-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Nevermind,I realized I could just pick up the phone and call them for the info.I want one of those sabers now.The Vader is apparently just a 8" action figure.He also said that they have several other items too.The litho is the only free item,as long as you are a RZ member.Looks like I'll be heading to BB after all.

ashley76
11-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Just got mine from Wally world. watched a little of it before I went back to work. Awesome, awesome, awesome...

Primal
11-01-2005, 04:06 PM
Just got mine from Wally world. watched a little of it before I went back to work. Awesome, awesome, awesome...Hey Ash...did you check out the bonus DVD? How is it?

ashley76
11-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Nah haven't checked it out yet. I am work right now. Maybe tonight. probably more like tomorrow. Have to watch the movie tonight.

Primal
11-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Here's a review of the Walmart DVD from TheDigitalBits.com...even though I havent seen it yet."We wanted to check in early with a quick comment on Wal-Mart's exclusive Episode III bonus disc. We've seen it... and while die-hard fans and completists will probably want it, it's not really worth going out of your way for. The disc includes two 30-minute documentaries (4x3, DD 2.0), each hosted/narrated by C3P0 and R2D2. The first, The Story of Anakin Skywalker recaps the events of Episodes I & II. The second, The Story of Luke Skywalker, summarizes the events of Episodes IV, V & VI. They're pretty cheesy, consisting almost entirely of excerpts from the other films. They seem to be targeted at kids, and those adults who need to be Cliff Noted prior to viewing Episode III as a reminder of what's happened so far and what comes next. "Looks like both the WM dvd & the BB litho both SUCKED!...but I got them both anyways. :D

sith lord utinni!
11-01-2005, 07:14 PM
The bonus disc is terrible. I should have saved myself the money and just bought the movie by itself.

Tony Coca
11-01-2005, 08:32 PM
The bonus disc is terrible. I should have saved myself the money and just bought the movie by itself.
You should have just gotten the Bootleg.Thats all it was really worth.

nexus
11-01-2005, 09:55 PM
The BB litho is a joke. I didn't know what it was when they out it in the bag (no interest in the figure either). When I got home and took out the litho though, it just looked like a cheap piece of cardboard. Pathetic promo. A bonus disc on the upcoming CGI and/or live action TV series -- now that would have been cool. Looking forward to watching the movie again though.

cap70
11-01-2005, 11:12 PM
Anyone bought it from Target?
I bought 2 from Target today and they came with a big Vader EP III collectible coin, really cool and free! ;)

thx217
11-01-2005, 11:34 PM
Didn't get any of the selling version of EP3. Just finished the one I rent form blockbuster and backed up both discs. The more I watchs it the more I want the clone troopers busts or statues! :mad:

Btw, Cap, how big are those coins? Took any pics of it? :p

cap70
11-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Btw, Cap, how big are those coins? Took any pics of it? :p

Coins are really cool, Bronze in color, with a black board around. "3d sculpted". Vader in one side, and in the back Anakin fighting Obi. Really cool, and it says "limited edition". Ok, I will take a pic of it for ya!!!! :mad: :)

cap70
11-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Here it goes. It even comes with a "case" :laugh:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Cacico/coin1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Cacico/coin2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Cacico/coin4.jpg

thx217
11-01-2005, 11:58 PM
Thanks for pic Cap! They do look bigger than I thought. Cool!

cap70
11-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Thanks for pic Cap! They do look bigger than I thought. Cool!

And you're welcome. :)
Yup, around 2" -2 1/2" (5-6cm) round. And thick too!

sith lord utinni!
11-02-2005, 04:51 AM
That coin is hideous! :puke2: .

cap70
11-02-2005, 04:58 AM
Looks pretty "decent" for it's size, and it's free! Vader size looks better, though.

sith lord utinni!
11-02-2005, 05:02 AM
Yeah but what the hell is up with the swords instead of sabers, obi wan doesn't have a beard, and anakin is wearing a freakin' sword holder!!!

cap70
11-02-2005, 05:05 AM
Yeah but what the hell is up with the swords instead of sabers, obi wan doesn't have a beard, and anakin is wearing a freakin' sword holder!!!

Yup, looks like swords! :laugh: But you are asking too much from it. This isn't a Code 3 poster, it's a damn 2" coin man, lol, and free! You can't even see too much details on it. Isn't suposed to be movie accurate or a high end collectible. It's just a free gift. ;)

sith lord utinni!
11-02-2005, 05:35 AM
Yeah, atleast it was FREE! D@mn wal-mart bonus dvd cost me an extra $5 and it is a worthless piece of crap. :banghead:

Boerboel
11-02-2005, 08:34 PM
The bonus walmart disc is pretty much worthless.

sith lord utinni!
11-02-2005, 09:05 PM
I cannot believe this, the bonus disc by itself is going for $20 on ebay!!! That pays for your dvd right there! If only people knew what a piece of crap this disc is. It's probably the completist people who have to have all the exclusives buying them.