PDA

View Full Version : Kitty Pryde Astonishing Bust

Wolverine1
10-22-2005, 02:45 AM
I found out that the bust comes out this week, about time!

Meta Jon
10-22-2005, 11:07 AM
no kidding, at least I might get this one.
With the other stuff I've ordered lately getting allocated I'm starting to get a complex.

Maybe there is a support group for this...

bat_collector
10-22-2005, 11:43 AM
Great, now colossus has kitty to keep him company before the others come out!

HULK SMASH
10-22-2005, 11:56 AM
Kitty and Colossus is the only ones I will get from this line.The rest fall a little short.

cblakey1
10-27-2005, 12:44 PM
I got mine and it's great! Detail, paints, and scale are perfect. Really looks good in person.

Azog
10-27-2005, 01:01 PM
Take some pics of it in person cb

Wolverine1
10-27-2005, 02:52 PM
There is a problem with this bust, it keeps wanting to fall over, anyone else have problems with this. Lockheed is too heavy and pulling her over.

cblakey1
10-27-2005, 02:57 PM
There is a problem with this bust, it keeps wanting to fall over, anyone else have problems with this. Lockheed is too heavy and pulling her over.

I hadn't sat her down when I checked it out, but that was my first thought when I saw the base.

Falling would suck too, since Lockheed's wings seem pretty brittle.

Other than that, do you agree it's pretty sweet? :buttrock:

Wolverine1
10-27-2005, 03:29 PM
I hadn't sat her down when I checked it out, but that was my first thought when I saw the base.

Falling would suck too, since Lockheed's wings seem pretty brittle.

Other than that, do you agree it's pretty sweet? :buttrock:
Yeah, it is a GREAT sculpt, I think this line will rock! Just try it real fast and see if yours does it, if you don't mind?

cblakey1
10-27-2005, 03:42 PM
Yeah, it is a GREAT sculpt, I think this line will rock! Just try it real fast and see if yours does it, if you don't mind?
I have to try it later. I'm at work now! :banghead:

Meta Jon
10-27-2005, 10:00 PM
No problem with mine fallin over.
Funny though, she sure looks tiny beside Colossus :laugh:

cblakey1
10-27-2005, 11:46 PM
.. bump the cabinet and sh'll tip I'm sure. Do you have all 4 pads on the bottom Wolvie?

cblakey1
10-27-2005, 11:46 PM

Hey Meta - take a picture of it!

Wolverine1
10-27-2005, 11:54 PM
Yeah, I am going to try it again. My comic shop had another and he had a problem as well.....

UnicornPegasus
10-28-2005, 12:46 AM
I've had this on preorder with my shop for months now, and yet they didn't have mine this week. I'm begining to hate them...I'm not a huge fan of Kitty, but this bust looks very nice. As does this whole line.

Wolverine1
10-28-2005, 01:21 AM
I've had this on preorder with my shop for months now, and yet they didn't have mine this week. I'm begining to hate them...I'm not a huge fan of Kitty, but this bust looks very nice. As does this whole line.
Call them tomorrow and ask if they are recieving it this week, I do that all the time, just to bug my comic shop. :laugh:

Hotshot
10-28-2005, 03:08 AM
I thought I would be disappointed when I saw this Kitty Bust on the website and in Marvel Review. It turns out great when the styrofoam packaging was opened at my local comics shop. I purchase it right away. Some busts just don't capture well on photos, you have to see it, to believe.

cblakey1
10-28-2005, 07:54 AM
I thought I would be disappointed when I saw this Kitty Bust on the website and in Marvel Review. It turns out great when the styrofoam packaging was opened at my local comics shop. I purchase it right away. Some busts just don't capture well on photos, you have to see it, to believe.

Yes, the wet look in the eyes, lips and Lockheed's mouth are a nice touch.

madjazz
10-28-2005, 07:57 AM
Wouldn't be as good for his self-esteem if he looked "tiny" next to her, though. :laugh:

Meta Jon
10-28-2005, 09:17 AM
Wouldn't be as good for his self-esteem if he looked "tiny" next to her, though. :laugh:
He could always say that the metal is cold :laugh:
Sorry guys but my camera sucks :confused2
I do like it and am glad I ordered it.

wellwisher
10-28-2005, 10:25 AM
I got mine and it's great! Detail, paints, and scale are perfect. Really looks good in person.
Are you sure this is a girl sculpt? Like you, the paint seems really nice and the detail on the costume and dragon are good. Having said that, she's still ugly in the face (like a poorly done Harry Potter villain). How does the face look in person? From the pics she looks like she's had one too many face lifts. I suppose woman are more difficult to sculpt.

cblakey1
10-28-2005, 10:40 AM
Are you sure this is a girl sculpt? Like you, the paint seems really nice and the detail on the costume and dragon are good. Having said that, she's still ugly in the face (like a poorly done Harry Potter villain). How does the face look in person? From the pics she looks like she's had one too many face lifts. I suppose woman are more difficult to sculpt.

I think it is good. Looks like a young girl. More realistic than comic, IMO. Waaaay better than the other K.P. that came out.

Meta Jon
10-28-2005, 10:42 AM
I think it is good. Looks like a young girl. More realistic than comic, IMO. Waaaay better than the other K.P. that came out.
I couldn't agree more on that one.
I think it looks good as well, not perfect but good

Wolverine1
10-29-2005, 12:03 AM
It looks great, this line is going to rock!

rychehitman
10-29-2005, 12:11 AM
Yes, it is WAY better than the other, but still has a case of "man face" IMO.

gunwitch
10-29-2005, 03:10 AM
Sorry but the face looks like someone grandma....

UnicornPegasus
10-30-2005, 03:36 AM
I think it's the angle of the photos that makes her face look not so great.

Call them tomorrow and ask if they are recieving it this week, I do that all the time, just to bug my comic shop. :laugh:

I did already. The lackies there didn't even know what I was talking about. I miss my old shop. :(

wizard-comics
10-31-2005, 03:23 PM
someone post some "real" pics of this line

bat_collector
10-31-2005, 03:38 PM
My shop didn't have it. man, I need this bust!!! hopefully this week

bat_collector
11-02-2005, 11:42 PM
Got mine today, #783. The sculptor, Igor Fernandez, did a bang up job. Great job following cassidy's art.

here is a pic.

sleepindeath
11-02-2005, 11:54 PM
I have to agree with the fact that the face on kitty just looks horrible. One of the reasons I passed on this line altogether. Even my favourite character Colossus looks to be constipated.

OB1
11-03-2005, 12:28 PM
Got mine today, #783. The sculptor, Igor Fernandez, did a bang up job. Great job following cassidy's art.

here is a pic.

This photo is much better than the official one :)
I absolutely need it to put her near my chrome Colossus :buttrock:

valemeister
11-03-2005, 12:31 PM

here is a pic.Wow, that actually looks a hell of a lot nicer than the stock photo. I may get one of these after all.

cblakey1
11-03-2005, 03:01 PM
Even my favourite character Colossus looks to be constipated.

Look, if you had to pass a metal dookie wouldn't you look constipated? :inquisiti

sleepindeath
11-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Yeah, your right.

bat_collector
11-04-2005, 03:16 AM
Wow, that actually looks a hell of a lot nicer than the stock photo. I may get one of these after all.
See it in person. its really nice. I thought this was gonna be the worst of the group, and if it is this is gonna be one heck of a line. Bring on the new Avengers!

UnicornPegasus
11-04-2005, 04:21 AM
Finally got mine. The face is fine, but mine has a small case of the wobblies and the paint (especially the yellow) looks really dark/muddy in person. But it's still nice overall. And Lockheed is huge! (And copping a feel I might add. Cheeky extraterrestrial dragon!)

Here's a close up and a size comparison.

Dj-B13
11-04-2005, 08:20 AM

here is a pic.

Nice picture there os the couple! :buttrock:

cblakey1
11-04-2005, 09:31 AM
Finally got mine. The face is fine, but mine has a small case of the wobblies and the paint (especially the yellow) looks really dark/muddy in person. But it's still nice overall. And Lockheed is huge! (And copping a feel I might add. Cheeky extraterrestrial dragon!)

Nice grouping and display in that second pic, U.P.!

That's why I like variety in sizes of all my statues/MB. :buttrock:

Wolverine1
11-04-2005, 09:43 PM

Is that a Wolverine all the way to the right on a rock? What is that?

MiamiLoco
11-04-2005, 10:25 PM
Yeah, I believe it's a promotional piece they did for the X-Men dvd release. They sell it for pretty cheap on Ebay.

Wolverine1
11-05-2005, 12:47 AM
Yeah, I believe it's a promotional piece they did for the X-Men dvd release. They sell it for pretty cheap on Ebay.
Hmmmm.....

UnicornPegasus
11-05-2005, 09:29 AM
Thanks, cblakey1. :)

Yeah, it's "Movie Wolverine" on an iceberg. I got it off of eBay for $0.99. They made like 45,000 of the little buggers.

Bullseye
11-05-2005, 09:45 AM

here is a pic.

They look great together. Congrats B-C.

Dj-B13
11-05-2005, 11:32 AM
Hmmmm.....

haha I know whats the next item Wolvie will be getting :eplus2:

Roguewarrior
11-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Not sure I like the face on this one.

valemeister
03-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Here we are, 4 months on and I finally got my hands on this one. I'm so pleased with the paint job on this. I don't know what half of you are on about, her face looks perfectly fine to me. Lockheed is superbly sculpted. Great bust, I'm very happy with it. Looks smaller than my Emma Frost though. :inquisiti

#969/2500

Azog
03-09-2006, 06:45 PM
Yeah ole' Emma is a giant compared to the others, dunno what DST was thinking on her....

rychehitman
03-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Yeah ole' Emma is a giant compared to the others, dunno what DST was thinking on her....

Simple:

the bigger the boobs, the bigger the sales! :buttrock:

Daredevil
03-09-2006, 06:53 PM
I like the costume, which is better than any other Kitty outfits in the past. Her face and the colors make me not want to get it, and wait for the BD version.

I hope Bowen doesn't come up with the Sprite version of Kitty with her student mask and outfit. Boooo!

bat_collector
03-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Here we are, 4 months on and I finally got my hands on this one. I'm so pleased with the paint job on this. I don't know what half of you are on about, her face looks perfectly fine to me. Lockheed is superbly sculpted. Great bust, I'm very happy with it. Looks smaller than my Emma Frost though. :inquisiti

#969/2500
Yes, it was much better than I had hoped for, really like the bust.

Don't need to get a bowen one now. Her astonishing x-men outfit is my favorite version. :thumbs2:

valemeister
03-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Yes, it was much better than I had hoped for, really like the bust.

Don't need to get a bowen one now. Her astonishing x-men outfit is my favorite version. :thumbs2: Well with all of her other less than stellar costumes this one clearly has no competition. lol.