PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360? Late to the party.

nexus
10-27-2005, 12:14 AM
Okay, seems I dropped the ball on this one. I've gotta get one for the boy in time for XMas. So anybody know where I can preorder? We were in Gamestop today, and they were only taking reserves for XBOX bundles (with various controllers, hard drive, accessories, games, etc) for $699, $799, $899, $1,199, $1,999, and ... drum roll please ... one with a 42" Dell plasma TV for either $3999 or $4999 (I can't remember). This was online only. And get this, they are all sold out except for the plasma TV bundle. The blinkin' game system is only $299, $399 with the hard drive. There is no way in the world I'd pay $2 grand or more for an XBOX setup, and I can afford it. Me, I'm gonna see if I can buy one at toysrus, Target or somewhere more reasonable.

Dj-B13
10-27-2005, 01:38 AM
Whoa! that is crazy!

here in hawaii to almost all are sold out from shpment units 1 ~ 3 :eek:

badlieut
10-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Best Buy should have the largest alotment of 360s. You could hit a 24 hour WalMart at midnight if you have one in your area.

Dj-B13
10-27-2005, 04:08 PM
Best Buy should have the largest alotment of 360s. You could hit a 24 hour WalMart at midnight if you have one in your area.

not for here in Hawaii, all the pre-orders through there have ben gone for while now.

Uselessfew
11-03-2005, 02:39 PM
I preordered through my local EBX games. I'm number 63 on their list. Hoping to get on in their first shipment.

wizard-comics
11-03-2005, 04:16 PM
patience......get one after the hype has calmed down

J Storm
11-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Okay, seems I dropped the ball on this one. I've gotta get one for the boy in time for XMas. So anybody know where I can preorder? We were in Gamestop today, and they were only taking reserves for XBOX bundles (with various controllers, hard drive, accessories, games, etc) for $699, $799, $899, $1,199, $1,999, and ... drum roll please ... one with a 42" Dell plasma TV for either $3999 or $4999 (I can't remember). This was online only. And get this, they are all sold out except for the plasma TV bundle. The blinkin' game system is only $299, $399 with the hard drive. There is no way in the world I'd pay $2 grand or more for an XBOX setup, and I can afford it. Me, I'm gonna see if I can buy one at toysrus, Target or somewhere more reasonable.

You might as well as get one of the cheap bundles from gamestop b/c alot of stores are no longer taking pre-orders. If this is the only way to get one this late with the release date coming, just shell out the money and get all the extra stuff, that way you dont have to get it later.

candyrocket786
11-07-2005, 12:45 AM
Best Buy or Walmart

I saw one of these the other day at BB and was floored. Of course, I got the usual "not a chance in hell" look from my gf.... so it may be difficult for me to secure one on release day.

I could also wait for the first price drop... something I should have done with the original PSX and PS2 on their respective launch dates.

kirthew
11-07-2005, 05:11 AM
I have seen a couple of the Xbox demos.. and I like how they put them with a Samsung Plasma... So you see the graphics that really pop out... See people playing mostly Call to Arms 2? Or Battlefield 2. I think if you a rewards memeber with Best Buy... you might be able to still preorder though Bestbuy.com.... Of course..this hype is nothing compared to the Playstation 3 launch.

blue_rogue
11-21-2005, 10:33 PM
I was going to go to my local Wal-Mart 2 hours before midnight and wait to get one. Or so I thought. Turns out they only got 10 of them and people were already waiting in line at like 6:00.

rosko23
11-21-2005, 10:54 PM
I passed by one of the best buys at 4pm and there were about 200 people out there. Crazy bc each store is only being allocated a small amount. They can't even fill all the preorders. :banghead:

Virsago
11-21-2005, 11:27 PM
I passed by one of the best buys at 4pm and there were about 200 people out there. Crazy bc each store is only being allocated a small amount. They can't even fill all the preorders. :banghead:
:laugh: I'm glad I don't have to put with that sh*t. I'll get one when it's more plentiful and there are more than just 5 good games. It reminds about the PS2 horror stories on launch day, all I did was go to toys'r'us showed my pre-order and boom I got a PS2. Wonder if anyone will get beat up with a bat for a 360?

Zurbaran1
11-21-2005, 11:33 PM

Well I'm heading over to Best Buy at 9am tomorrow and if by some miracle there isn't a mob and I can get one I will. Not counting on it but I'm heading over to pick up my weekly DVD fix anyway.

marvelboi77
11-21-2005, 11:47 PM
HA.... I have my mother waiting in line at Walmart right now.... She is going to sell it on Ebay tonight. She goes to flea markets and spends all day finding treasures to sell. I was like Mom go over Wal mart wait 3 hours and it's and easy $150 to $500.

rosko23
11-22-2005, 12:35 AM
they are sellin on ebay for 2k right now.

nexus
11-22-2005, 12:54 AM
This whole XBOX bundle/pre-order cr@p gets on my nerves. I'm sure all the Microsoft execs are just having a field day talking about all the excitement, but it really just ticks people off. Sony at least tries to have enough product available at or soon after release. MS is still playing the same old game from of short allotments to hype up demand. By January, they will "find" all kinds of boxes. And when the PS3 comes out, they'll be scrambling to cut prices.

rosko23
11-22-2005, 01:47 AM
I was just watching the news and the Best Buy I passed by earlier was on tv. They said it was the only Best Buy in IL that actually got about 175 units, where the rest got 50. So they are opening at midnight. I saw some people were paying $400 - 500 just to cut in line. Either way from what I heard is that there are more than enough to go around so within a week they will have a bunch. As for the PS2 situation last time they didnt actually have enough of the product. This time Microsoft is letting them out in waves.

candyrocket786
11-22-2005, 02:38 AM
I was just watching the news and the Best Buy I passed by earlier was on tv. They said it was the only Best Buy in IL that actually got about 175 units, where the rest got 50. So they are opening at midnight. I saw some people were paying $400 - 500 just to cut in line. Either way from what I heard is that there are more than enough to go around so within a week they will have a bunch. As for the PS2 situation last time they didnt actually have enough of the product. This time Microsoft is letting them out in waves.

The BB in the Houston Galleria area will be the only BB store in the city that opens at 12am. They're suppose to have about 175 units.

As for me.... I'm waiting for the price drop. I've paid $300 for the previous "next generation" systems and I'm not about to do it again.

DDura711
11-22-2005, 02:53 AM
they are sellin on ebay for 2k right now.
Man the money we made on the PS2's when they came out.
A buddy of mine was a store manager for EBGames and we got 10 of them before the street date with overnight shipping to arrive on the day of release.
$1500 a pop. That was a good christmas.
As a matter of fact that's what started our "Guy Christmas Weekend" were the weekend before christmas we go to the mall, drink for 4 hours then do our last minute shopping. Everyone gets crap in their stocking that night.:laugh:

Ghost
11-22-2005, 07:14 AM
:laugh: I'm glad I don't have to put with that sh*t. I'll get one when it's more plentiful and there are more than just 5 good games. It reminds about the PS2 horror stories on launch day, all I did was go to toys'r'us showed my pre-order and boom I got a PS2. Wonder if anyone will get beat up with a bat for a 360?

I agree. It seems like lately alot of launch games aren't worth getting so why get the system if nothing's that good to play anyways? I'll wait on it for a while until they add something too it in the box or better games come out. As of right now I wouldn't mind Call of Duty 2 but I can get that easily for the PC. And Perfert Dark Zero, though haven't tried it yet. But definitely should have bought one to sell on ebay.

kirthew
11-22-2005, 02:55 PM
I was thinking about this last night... and maybe I am too old for gaming... I want a nice RPG with good graphics... and I like Madden... but I am not going to stand in line overnight in 25 degree weather to play the new cool thing... I was walking into a Fred Meyer (Kinda like a northwest wal-mart) last night and a lady was on her cell phone yelling into.. "I am first in line... and if you hurry you can be second"... and my thoughts were... you are going to stand out here for the next 14 hours in a pair of heals... you are crazy...

k9ziggy
11-22-2005, 11:09 PM
As a half a joke, I looked around for one today. The salesman at FYE told me the problem is.........(drum roll).....allocation. Big surprise. From what he told me, there was a last minute decision to go with a worldwide release, instead of NA release, so, everybody got allocated. This store had preorders for 4, and only got 2.

Way to go Microsoft. And they're still gonna get my money, as soon as I find one. :banghead:

cblakey1
11-23-2005, 01:06 AM
.. my in-laws gave it to me for Christmas. They special ordered it from Microsoft. Wonder if they have that deal this time around.

Anyway, I spoke with folks at Best Buy today and they said they expect plenty more before 12/25.