PDA

View Full Version : A Gift From Some Of My Friend On Another Board. I Had No Idea They Made These!#0/3000

bustRgood
10-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Some of the great guys/ friends of mine from another message board got together and bought this for me!! #0 / #3000!!!! NO JOKE!!!:eek:

I had no clue GG was making Marvel bust!!!!

http://images.snapfish.com/345365%3A%3B23232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2335%3D7%3A%3B%3D344%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B933473%3A9ot1lsi

WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE OPEN (NOT MY PIC)
http://www.1800collectible.com/Images/Pictures/tisinc99/marvel/mar783346.jpg

I would normally be pissed that people would think of sending me free stuff, but the fact that the money for this went to help hurricane victims means A TON to me. You guys didn't know, but my best friend was down in MS. during Katrina visiting his family, and I knowing what people in MS. are going though now a days this was awesome of them guys to do. Just VERY VERY COOL.

I am in total shock those guys would do this for me, and the bust is KILLER!!!
MAGNETO IS MY FAVORITE VILLAN OF ALL TIME!!! AND THIS BUST ROCKS!!
NOT TO MENTION THAT IT'S A #0 / #3000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: wow!!!

Then they have to also add a ML8 "UPSIDE DOWN GHOST RIDER!" WOW!!! (to go with my ML3 "upside down wolverine w/gold poster)

CKinSD
10-27-2005, 01:26 PM
well cool that is one of the first pictures I've seen of the GG marvel stuff

Bullseye
10-27-2005, 02:14 PM
Is this a DST release sculpted by GG?

bustRgood
10-27-2005, 02:51 PM
Is this a DST release sculpted by GG?

I guess it is.

it does have the DST and GG logo on the side of the box. :inquisiti

That is weird, has Gentle Giant made any other bust for Diamond Selects?

Guts
10-27-2005, 03:08 PM
Gentle Giant also did the Man-Thing bust for Diamond. Kinda surprised this is the first you guys have heard of this Magneto bust, it's been out for quite a while.

Zurbaran1
10-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Gentle Giant did Spiderman Movie statues a few years ago also for DS or DF.

MammothPhoto
10-27-2005, 03:18 PM
Gentle Giant also did the Man-Thing bust for Diamond. Kinda surprised this is the first you guys have heard of this Magneto bust, it's been out for quite a while.

MadNormigan, the guy who sculpted that Man-Thing bust, also sculpted this Magneto bust (although he mentioned to me that he's not entirely happy with the final paint apps that it wound up with).

Guts
10-27-2005, 04:14 PM
MadNormigan, the guy who sculpted that Man-Thing bust, also sculpted this Magneto bust (although he mentioned to me that he's not entirely happy with the final paint apps that it wound up with).
I preordered this bust and was really looking forward to it, but two things kind of ruined it for me. Mainly it's the fact that the helmet is so doggone big and looks kind of goofy when you put it on Mag's head, but it's also that the color of the helmet doesn't match the rest of his costume. So the only way to display it is sans helmet, and I much prefer a helmeted Magneto...unless we're talking about Jim Lee's rendition of the character, which this bust isn't based on. Very nice otherwise though.

bustRgood
10-27-2005, 05:06 PM
I had given up on DS stuff since the only things I liked from them was the Rouge Gallery Spidey bust (since at the time Bowen wasn't making new bust and we didn't know if he ever would again). But once Randy came back with phase2 I got rid of all my DS stuff and didn't even look at what they were coming out with. I just think it's very funny GG made this and I've never seen anything on their website, since I do collect GG Star Wars bust.

I can see why people wouldn't like this one (does look kinda pink, and the helmet does look big on) but I like the fact you can display with or without helmet.

And it was a gift not only to me, but also a gift to help those in need, so I cann't bi-tch. :)

Bowen-Maniac
10-27-2005, 05:43 PM
What happened to my post stating concgrats and good pickup for donating, I was post #2.

Bowen-Maniac
10-27-2005, 05:46 PM
Nevermind

bustRgood
10-27-2005, 05:57 PM
What happened to my post stating concgrats and good pickup for donating, I was post #2.

That must have been on the general board (I had 2 threads, didn't know where it fit better), the great mighty MODS must have taken it off;) I don't see it anymore :inquisiti .

But thanks for the thanks. :)