PDA

View Full Version : Tim Bruckner Interview

Bullseye
10-28-2005, 02:47 PM
http://www.dccomics.com/downloads/popup_downloads.php?i=Tim_Bruckner_Talks_Sculpture&k=mov

acrylic paint
10-29-2005, 12:27 AM
Thanks. That was really interesting. I have tremendous respect for Bruckner's work and I can see where the commitment to quality comes from. He is throughly dedicated to his craft. It's too bad that he does not (or cannot) go beyond the DC universe.

Sniper
10-29-2005, 01:20 AM
I met him in chicago about 2 years ago at that con. We talked and he was a really nice guy, he even signed my jim lee batman statue along with ck13's as well.

Neomotion
10-29-2005, 03:35 AM
Tim Bruckner is a sculpting GOD. Respect my autority!!!!

Bullseye
10-29-2005, 11:01 AM
Bruckner is one of the absolute best sculptors in the business. His work for DC is fantastic. I just love the Wonder Woman he sculpted.

wktf
10-29-2005, 05:22 PM
Great video. I'd love to know how Bowen, Villafane an other great scuptors feel about what he has to say. It'd be cool to get 5-7 of them in a room, sitting around a table, and just tell stories about sculpting.

bat_collector
10-30-2005, 12:23 AM
who cares if he does only DC. I love DC more anyway.

I'm even moer excited about the GL/sinestro piece now

speedracer
10-31-2005, 06:43 PM
Thats just an awesome interview..=)..bruckner rules...I bet if ever bowen gets the dc license a lot of people will change their minds about not liking dc..right now in comics dc is waaaay ahead..=)

Bullseye
11-08-2005, 10:34 AM
You could be right.

msw313
12-04-2005, 02:27 AM
Bruckner's definitely one of the top sculptors out there.

I just wish DC would have him spend more time on the statues and busts, and less on the action figures! What a squandering of his talent!

WolverineX77
12-04-2005, 02:50 AM
Tim Bruckner is responsible for about 80% of my DC Direct collection. That man is DC's Bowen IMO. He's amazing. :buttrock:

msw313
12-05-2005, 03:36 AM
Tim Bruckner is responsible for about 80% of my DC Direct collection. That man is DC's Bowen IMO. He's amazing. :buttrock:
He's absolutely DC Direct's greatest asset. AND, he's a really nice guy besides. I spoke with him for over half an hour at the DC booth in San Diego 3 years ago. Very articulate and knowlegable, and a true artist passionate about his work. I saw him again briefly this year in SD across the crowd in the DC booth, and he made a point of coming over, shaking my hand, and acknowledging me by name. A real class act.

WolverineX77
12-06-2005, 01:17 AM
He's absolutely DC Direct's greatest asset. AND, he's a really nice guy besides. I spoke with him for over half an hour at the DC booth in San Diego 3 years ago. Very articulate and knowlegable, and a true artist passionate about his work. I saw him again briefly this year in SD across the crowd in the DC booth, and he made a point of coming over, shaking my hand, and acknowledging me by name. A real class act.
Wow. Great story. I'd LOVE to meet both Tim & Randy, for I have SO many questions, comments, and suggestions! Wonder if one or both of 'em'll be attending Orlando MegaCon down here in South Florida anytime in the coming years.... :peoples: