PDA

View Full Version : Robin of Sherwood

ashley76
10-28-2005, 10:54 PM
Anyone remember this TV show? Thoughts? I remember watching it as a kid and loved it. Seems like it came on Showtime in the early 80's. Well I by chance came across all three seasons and am currently on the third season. Great, great, great stuff.

Meteor Man
10-28-2005, 11:21 PM
Anyone remember this TV show? Thoughts? I remember watching it as a kid and loved it. Seems like it came on Showtime in the early 80's. Well I by chance came across all three seasons and am currently on the third season. Great, great, great stuff.

Definately remeber this great series! :buttrock: I recorded most of the episodes off of a PBS station back in the late 80's. Do you have good DVD copies? I really liked this series.........

JDH
10-29-2005, 06:32 AM
There are plans afoot for a relaunch of Robin of Sherwood here in the UK, now that Dr Who has been such a hit. The BBC wants to put Robin in the same slot. I remember enjoying it a lot as a kid, even though that kind of thing has never really appealed to me.

ashley76
10-29-2005, 08:28 AM
Well if they put it on again someone will have to get me a copy of the shows. Hint, hint, jdh

JDH
10-29-2005, 09:10 AM
Well if they put it on again someone will have to get me a copy of the shows. Hint, hint, jdh

Heh. I'll keep you posted. Maybe I'll have a DVD recorder by then... :)

ashley76
10-29-2005, 10:02 AM
Thanks I owe you.

ashley76
10-29-2005, 05:06 PM
JDH check out this link
http://www.jamesmcavoy.com/

Looks like this guy is set to play Robin.

Comicboy
10-29-2005, 05:27 PM
Oh yeah I remember that show! I think. Is that the one with the long haired Robin that would have flashes of Horn (I think that was the name they used). That was a cool show. Another one was Hawk the Slayer. I used to love watching those shows. Man.... way to bring back some memories!

ashley76
10-29-2005, 05:53 PM
yep but, wasn't Horn it was Herne the Hunter

Comicboy
10-30-2005, 03:54 AM
Yeah, that's the one, Herne! Where did you pick that up? on dvd? I might have to find those.

JM28Cardiff
10-31-2005, 04:17 AM
Love this. Got it on DVD. Great music by Clannad. Michael Praed (and later Jason Connery) played Robin. The legendary Ray Winstone played Will Scarlett. It had a magical/mystery feel to it. My favourite episode was a two parter called "The Swords of Wayland" where these nuns, who turn out to be devil worshippers, attempt to raise the devil. The devil starts to materialise (great effect it was, like a melting head but in reverse), and it scared the hell out of me when I was a kid!

ashley76
10-31-2005, 02:57 PM
Yes the swords of Wayland was an awesome two parter. I can't wait for the new series. I have been doing a little research and it seems that it is a lock for 2006. Some of my UK peeps are going to have to do a little DVD burning for me...pleaseeeee

wizard-comics
10-31-2005, 03:42 PM
AWESOME Series! I remember watching it on Showtime as a kid!....

WOW, I was just thinking about this series the other day!

..........and Herne The Hunter would be wearing a Deers head or something....I like the first Robin better (dark haired one)

If any one would make a copy of the series for me that would rock!!! let me know what I'd owe you for it!....oh and if ya put it in DVD, "region 1" if you please!

.....one of my favorite shows as a kid...always loved the guy they had playing the arab that Robin brought back with him....guy kicked a$$.......

remember one episode they found the round table....

ashley76
10-31-2005, 04:24 PM
nassir was the guy. Ah the table episode was the Inheritance. Excellent episode. Although I must admit Robert of Huntington was no Robin of Loxley.

wizard-comics
10-31-2005, 04:29 PM
if you get these let me know! I want a copy as well!

JM28Cardiff
11-01-2005, 05:02 AM
The opening two parter that launched the series was great, with Anthony Valentine playing a sort of magician, the Baron De Belleme. Nassir was his lackey. Two of Robins men die, and at the end, they are all firing flaming arrows into a lake to commemorate them, and a flaming arrow flies over their head...they turn round, and its Nassir, come to join them.

Also, anyone remember the episodes with Richard (Rocky Horror Show) O'Brien as a magician? There was an enchanted village type episode, where they fall under a spell and one by one, they want to stay there forever. Little Johns ex girlfriend is there, and he wants to stay with her, despite the fact she had died years before! Then there was a two parter called "time of the wolf" that was a little silly maybe, but Robins men come under Richard O'briens spell, and they just have white eyes, that also creeped me out as a kid!

ashley76
11-01-2005, 08:36 AM
Crom Cruac is the name of the Village episdoe. It was Will Scarlett's wife that was there. Awesome, episode. Just watched it again last night.